Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
franc

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by franc »

Mykeru wrote:Greg Laden libels:

Can someone screen cap this before Laden gets a clue?

For the record, Greg, I haven't written one review. Not one. And your horseshit is no different than a GOP flack who claims ant disagreement with their platform is "un-American". You clown.
Better yet, frozen -

http://www.freezepage.com/1356398381QORHNVODVE

franc

Post by franc »

franc wrote:

For the record, Greg, I haven't written one review. Not one. And your horseshit is no different than a GOP flack who claims ant disagreement with their platform is "un-American". You clown.
Better yet, frozen -

http://www.freezepage.com/1356398381QORHNVODVE
I feel supplanted. He now sees you everywhere.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Laden isnt even being original. Anne Rice pulled an Amazon review freak-out eight years ago.

Also, Merry Christmas!!! I still feel like donkey balls. Worst cold I can remember having. Ugh.

acathode

Post by acathode »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Adam Lee has decided to engage me in a Twitter 'debate' regarding the definition of misogyny.
And with debate, you mean virtually caving his head in with a dictionary? There's not much to debate, dictionary + the large majority agreeing with the dictionary = you can try to redefine the meaning all day, you're still wrong.

If the large majority thinks that misogyny is actively hating women, if you then declare in your little corner that "misogynist = someone not 100% compatible with our particular brand of feminism", you're either a idiot or a dishonest cunt if you then wade out into the big majority and throw accusations of misogyny around you.
You might as well also declare that a "white supremacist" is actually someone who might be part of structural racism without even knowing it, or holding any racist views. Oh wait...

(Yes, I knew this before I even brought up Hutchins' accusation against the four horsemen on that CFI post, and was prepared to retort if someone pointed this out. The fact that I didn't have to is more than enough in itself to disqualify any objections.)

I don't even understand why any of the FTBers would want to officially declare their definition of misogyny though, their whole narrative and use of the word hinges upon everyone else thinking it actually mean someone who actively hate or strongly dislike/distrust women. The whole "the pit is a misogynistic hellhole" narrative just doesn't really work when they then stand up and explain that "and with misogynistic we mean not kinda maybe harmful to women, though they might not think they are really harmful, basically they disagree with our feminism".

ps. Also, since the last xmas song I posted was so crappy, and the xmas celebrations are done here, so I'm finally in some Christmas mood, have some real Christmas music:
[youtube]D71EilB2CI0[/youtube]
Only real xmas song I can stand, that get me into "xmas mode" (fuck the jolly stuff). I don't give a shit that it's religious, the last part when Jussi is killing it still gives me shivers.

p.ps.
somedumbguy wrote:Thank you. I don't keep up on my South Park, and I hadn't realized until just now that the "your tears are delicious" meme traced back there.
If you haven't watched that episode, do it, it's one of the best, if not the best, South Park episodes that they ever made.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John Greg wrote:Laden has been stating that he might "tell-all" about his stalking of Abbie/ERV, and claiming it would only make ERV look bad.

Apparently, in his trademarked braindead way, he has forgotten that he has already out himself on this issue, and that outing was documented on Phawrongula: http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Cyber ... _InZvanity
Interesting, although I wonder what “ace-in-the-hole” he thinks he has as that is what he seems to imply is the case.

But gawd, love this from Stephie’s post, linked from the Phawrongula wiki:
Yes, “offensive” is highly subjective. Sometimes that’s the point. Sometimes privileging the subjective is the only way to get people to listen to a person’s viewpoint.
Considering that AtheismPlus has spent some 4 months anathematizing “privilege” one would have thought that one of their “dear leaders” would have set them straight on the question (ok when it’s to their advantage). Although Zvan’s take looks pretty much like a serious bias – who decides whose privilege is greater? Tends to produce abortions like Myers’ recent attempt to restart an honest discussion on the nature and problems of feminism – and which – as the evidence clearly shows, the proof being in the pudding – turned out to be no more than a poisoned chalice.

Though, in passing and as it is somewhat apropos, I periodically wonder what Abbie’s position is on feminism in general, what it is that might make her gag about it since much of it seems predicated on envy and pol-itics ….

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

That Lunar Rover footage is great. Forget science, forget petrology, forget chemical analysis...it was all about spinning a dune buggy around a deserted car park like a teenager!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

franc - You know what they say, what's worth doing is worth doing twice. :wink: (hint: my previous post)

Anyway, had to post a reply over at Greg's on SB. Not ever going to get out of moderation, but for what it's worth, here it is:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3674 ... amazon.jpg

It's amusing that Greg should try to lie right in our faces. But what's even more amusing is how his friends gobble it all up. And they call themselves sceptics? The mind boggles.

++

On another note, is Thibeault for fucking real? Not only is he attempting to justify Laden's doxxing behaviour, like here,
Thibby wrote:... What’s amusing me most about all this is, people aren’t declaring things as universally bad and standing by their principles. Vacula’s declared that the targeted and locust-swarm-like harassment of Stephanie and others as okay because they’re public figures. One of them fights back, and they’re FTBullies. Vacula posting information obtainable from one Google search of Surly Amy is acceptable because it’s easily-obtained matter of public record; Greg Laden posting an address available from one Google search of Mykeru and finding a previous escapade where Mykeru serially harassed someone else and apparently ended up leaking his own information (??), and that’s devastating and leaves his reputation in tatters. Or when the same slimepit posts Pharyngula commenter Brownian’s name, depriving him of his pseudonymity because reasons — that’s fine, right? Or posting Stephanie’s workplace because more reasons. And yet these principles are inviolable and never right. Except apparently when they are.
And, of course, brings up Brownian as an example. Good fucking show, eh, Canuck, you fucking thibble.

... and not only does he once more ignore the timeline and context of Vacula's so-called "doxxing" of Surly Amy (which was immediately denounced and later removed on request) and once more defending Greg Laden by painting him as the victim - as he did during the spat with Griffiths. (Speaking of which, his entire article is an attempt to lessen the deeds commited by Laden, with deceit and lies and equating such behaviour to "slime-tactics." To say my respect for him is less than charitable is the understatement of the year. To say I think his followers are utterly retarded for believing his every word without question is implied. Friendly suggestion: take a long walk, off a short pier. With love.)

But in the comments he denies everything he's written, even when Griffiths responds to his inanity. To the evident claim that Thibby is once again sticking up for his friend Greg, he responds thusly:
Thibble wrote:While you’re at it, point out the sticking-up for my dear friend Greg that I’ve done, Justin.
Wow. Wow.

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

Leaving aside, for a second, the fact that Go, Sunny, Gogo! is barely readable pile of wank, what in the name of fuckery does he think he's doing charging £3.20 (in pommy money) for a fucking (in his own words) novella? Who'd even pay that for a paperback novella, even if it was coming from a recognised author?

In what universe does he live, to think that he, a completely unknown writer who has nothing else on sale on Amazon, can price a book that high (edging near to the price of famous authors like Terry Pratchett, Arthur C. Clarke and others, no less) and have it positively fly off the shelves?

Fuck, even if it was good, no bugger'd buy a novella at that price, from a no-name author, with no other books listed on his author bio. Even for a novel, it's taking the piss to charge that for an ebook.

I mean if he's doing it to raise money for the SSA, why not price it lower, put it into the realms of the impulse buy, and sell more chuffing copies?

Beggars belief, it really does...

Oh, and merry christmas!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

franc wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Steersman wrote: If Mykeru’s name is so readily available on his blog – which he acknowledged and pointed to once if not several times in his tweets – one has to think that his “umbrage” is more feigned than real, more suggestive of crocodile tears and a chess gambit.
Usually I let your crap slide because it's obvious your strong point isn't paying attention to details that don't feed your confirmation bias for whatever point you are trying to tug out your ass.
Why do you bother? Steersmoan fits the very worst definition of troll. Continuously -

* feigning ignorance and inability to source information
* pleading innocence because he's "just asking questions"
* probably has a checklist of regurgitated to death points that he works through and when done, starts again at the beginning
* rubs his hands with glee at how he can jerk all of you around on a string

No one can possibly be as stupid as Steersman paints himself, not even Laden. And you keep feeding him.
Still have your knickers in a twist because I didn’t buy into your narrative about Sally Strange’s supposed sock puppetry? Or maybe it was my skepticism about your claim that Watson didn’t correct her faux pas about Galileo and the Church until “weeks after” that crime of the century? But maybe the icing on the cake was my raised eyebrow over your periodic use of smilies in face of your ex cathedra anathematizing of them? Which even sacha thought was rather funny:
I have no idea what he meant by Andrew and "the docket" [being there for overusing smilies], but suggesting that perhaps franc could update his signature to “smilies are generally for reetards” is funny regardless of who said it.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

papillon wrote:Just stumbled on this and thought I'd stick it up here.
Footage of Lunar Rover from the Apollo 16 mission.
Tweaked and digitally stabilised in HD.
Click the Youtube button, toggle to 720 HD and full screen for full effect.

5cKpzp358F4
Great quality. Too bad they apparently can't do the same to the footage of Armstrong climbing down the ladder. I guess the original taped transmissions were lost and what remains is too fucked up to do much with.

welch

Post by welch »

ERV wrote:Laden isnt even being original. Anne Rice pulled an Amazon review freak-out eight years ago.

Also, Merry Christmas!!! I still feel like donkey balls. Worst cold I can remember having. Ugh.
THAT'S who laden and the rest remind me of: Anne Rice. Damn, thanks for the link man.

Also, been sick at Xmas...it really blows, you have all the sympathies.

mordacious1

From ButtFlies and Squeals

Post by mordacious1 »

PZ Myers
December 24, 2012 at 6:11 am (UTC -8)
Huntstoddard has 132 posted comments on Pharyngula. He had a long history as an obtuse, tedious ass before the banhammer fell on him — so to complain that he’s an example of someone who got thrown out as soon as I showed up is rather clearly false. I’m afraid Ophelia is now about to discover what a slimy pain in the butt he is, too.

As for the slymepitters…they’ve lost all presumption of charity long, long ago. Of course I’m going to shut down dedicated dishonest propagandists the instant they show up.
[bolding mine] So that's why he bans us? We're "dedicated dishonest propagandists"? Project much PeePee? It's not that some of us show up and disembowel your idiotic posts? And just when it becomes apparent that you're losing the argument, the banhammer shows up. I thought it was obvious to everyone, and from reading that thread at B&W, it appears you've banned non-slymers also for the same reason. You're a small weak pitiful little "man" PeePee (and most people other than your sycophants know it).

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Mordacious:
As for the slymepitters…they’ve lost all presumption of charity long, long ago. Of course I’m going to shut down dedicated dishonest propagandists the instant they show up.
Who is asking for PZ's charity? Is it a bestowing of his grace to respond to an argument presented? Still going with the delusion that he runs the go-to blog for all of Atheistdom.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

CommanderTuvok wrote:That Lunar Rover footage is great. Forget science, forget petrology, forget chemical analysis...it was all about spinning a dune buggy around a deserted car park like a teenager!
Those things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Notung

Post by Notung »

acathode wrote:[Jussi Bjorling singing O Holy Night]
THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

Merry Christmas all!

Darren

Post by Darren »

franc wrote:I feel supplanted. He now sees you everywhere.
http://i.imgur.com/T1Vpj.jpg

Darren

Post by Darren »

CommanderTuvok wrote:That Lunar Rover footage is great. Forget science, forget petrology, forget chemical analysis...it was all about spinning a dune buggy around a deserted car park like a teenager!
No, no, no. It was all about picking up chicks! 10 years and $24 billion so a few dozen astronauts could get laid. We'll never see the likes of those days again.

Struth

Post by Struth »

I'm concerned that the policeman who founded coffee loving skeptic is suicidal. I don't mean this hyperbolically. I was shown some references to tweets that have since been deleted and/or made private.

Rhys and/or Hayley and/or Skepchick Tracy Kingor someone like that, allegedly behind _numerous_ complaints to his employer (his local police force, whoever they are).

Reminds me of the dogmatic RadFems at the U of T Warren Farrell thing.

An aside :
[Yikes I've been away from the board for a few days - have missed a couple of pages]

{For legal reasons, I hope I've out in enough disclaimers to shield me from being sued for libel}

Struth

Post by Struth »

Ignore my above message unless someone can corroborate it. I've posted it in good faith out of concern and I don't really know what else to do.

Struth

Post by Struth »

Amy is 43? Blimey. I thought she was late 20s / early 30s.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

franc wrote:Better yet, frozen -
welch wrote:Done and done.
And Papillon,

Thanks, I know you guys aren't my minions but I'm on my crappy little netbook and I just had to capture that Laden Moment for posterity: Equal parts lies, bullshit, self-pity, paranoia and personal problems.

Loser. Why do they do this to themselves?

Pitchguest wrote:It's amusing that Greg should try to lie right in our faces. But what's even more amusing is how his friends gobble it all up. And they call themselves sceptics? The mind boggles.
That Laden, always with the plan, always thinking ahead...

John Greg wrote:Laden has been stating that he might "tell-all" about his stalking of Abbie/ERV, and claiming it would only make ERV look bad.
And when he wrote that, he was chuckling to himself as he screwed the top on some fool-proof phony explosive carrots.

[youtube]STeVTzWelns[/youtube]

Keep buying from Acme Greg. We're shareholders.

welch

Post by welch »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Mordacious:
Who is asking for PZ's charity? Is it a bestowing of his grace to respond to an argument presented? Still going with the delusion that he runs the go-to blog for all of Atheistdom.
Oh Bless His Heart.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

MEEEERRRY CHRISTMASSSS EVERYONE!!!!!

I slept all day because it's motherfucking hot. MOTHERFUCKING HOT UP IN HERE.

Struth wrote:Ignore my above message unless someone can corroborate it. I've posted it in good faith out of concern and I don't really know what else to do.
That's a worry - have you tried to engage with them? I'm not sure if they're a member here.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Yeah, that Rover footage is great. It was filmed near my house when I lived in the Mojave Desert. [I'll get my coat]

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

In what kind of circumstances are you refusing to rape women?

Not to pull a maiforpeace but I don't even understand his English.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

welch wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Mordacious:
Oh Bless His Heart.
Oh, those kids. They have too much fun in their bouncy castle.

http://www.asortofdiary.com/upload/Bouncy_Castle.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Re: Coffee Loving Skeptic

I too heard something about him getting into bother with his employers. I'd really love to know WHY, since AFAIA he hasn't actually done anything wrong other than to oppose and challenge the rhetoric of some radfems and troublemakers in the A/S movements. No doubt the Baboons would be delighted if they could take down a British Bobby, since they're "institutionally racist" and help promote and maintain teh patriarcheee!

Perhaps CLS could get Rhys arrested for harassing him and his employers. The little twerp.

Shirley U. Guest

Post by Shirley U. Guest »

xinit

Post by xinit »

In the event anyone has something to meme Greg with, but lacks the Photoshop skills...

http://memegenerator.net/Gregladen

Shirley U. Guest

Post by Shirley U. Guest »

AndrewV69

Re: From ButtFlies and Squeals

Post by AndrewV69 »

mordacious1 wrote:As for the slymepitters…they’ve lost all presumption of charity long, long ago. Of course I’m going to shut down dedicated dishonest propagandists the instant they show up.
[bolding mine] So that's why he bans us? We're "dedicated dishonest propagandists"? Project much PeePee? It's not that some of us show up and disembowel your idiotic posts? And just when it becomes apparent that you're losing the argument, the banhammer shows up. I thought it was obvious to everyone, and from reading that thread at B&W, it appears you've banned non-slymers also for the same reason. You're a small weak pitiful little "man" PeePee (and most people other than your sycophants know it).[/quote]

Hmmmm. I was assuming that the reason he banned me the 1st. time was because I was a slymepitter.

Now I see that perhaps the banhammer went down it because it may have been that I disagreed with his proposition (if I remember his position correctly) that gays being free to not reproduce as a result of being allowed out of the closet will result in a diminishing percentage of the population.

My take, is that we will always have gay people among us, because the genetic expression that result in someone being gay is an inherent part of our geneset. Furthermore this appears to be common among animal populations also.

I believe I also expressed some caution about trying to eliminate these genes either (my thinking along these lines is that all the gay people I know are exceptionally talented in one area or another).

Anyway, my post to correct to link that informed my current suppositions (two papers) resulted in the ban.

Oh Dearie me! It never occurred to me that one of his pet peeves was that someone could dare to disagree with him and cite authoritative papers as evidence for the rational of the disagreement.

PeeZuss Christ!

(can not be arsed to dig up the link to the post right now. I will if one of you fucking hyperspectical homophobic mysognistic cunts demands it though).

xinit

Post by xinit »

Screencap: http://grab.by/ixT8

franc

Post by franc »

Mykeru wrote:Thanks, I know you guys aren't my minions but I'm on my crappy little netbook and I just had to capture that Laden Moment for posterity: Equal parts lies, bullshit, self-pity, paranoia and personal problems.
Many are thinking of you.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

xinit

Post by xinit »

real horrorshow wrote:
I don’t need you to buy the book. I’ll give you the book (an electronic copy of it) … all you have to do is ask.
That looks like payment for reviews to me. Lousy payment, but payment all the same. What happens to Amazon's cut when he does that? Is one of the formats he's offering Kindle? Y'know Amazon's proprietary format? That they own. Hmm, maybe not a good idea to copy your publisher in on Tweets about that Greg.
I hate to even appear to be siding with Nutbar Laden, but promo books for review is par for the course... Amazon doesn't own the content, they're not a publisher in the traditional sense, and they don't have power over the content or author in most cases. They definitely can't bar an author from emailing friends or reviewers epub or pdf or whatever versions of the book.

That said, I'm tempted to ask him for a copy to review...

franc

Post by franc »

franc

Post by franc »

xinit wrote:I hate to even appear to be siding with Nutbar Laden, but promo books for review is par for the course...

That said, I'm tempted to ask him for a copy to review...
Do it. If only to run through a spelling/grammar/plagiarism checker.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ERV wrote:Laden isnt even being original. Anne Rice pulled an Amazon review freak-out eight years ago.

If I had some, I'd send them to you, dear...

Get well soon.

Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

Is a dishonest propagandist someone who tells the truth? A propagandist spread lies, so would I be lying about those lies if I am dishonest and telling the truth? Or am I telling a different set of lies to counter my own propaganda? Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense and requires more work for no noticeable benefit.

Did PZ get Laden to write that bit about being dedicated dishonest propagandists?

Well I am going to go with dishonest and propagandist cancelling each other out.

Yay! We're all dedicated to the spreading the truth when it comes to the FC (n)

Thanks PZ for this Festivus Miracle!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

So, it turns out that Greg Laden was actually correct about Griffiths' alleged begging for forgiveness. I just read it and I hate to say it, but it's pretty damn pathetic.
I never begged for forgiveness from Greg Laden. An hour or so after he sent me that threatening email, I replied with this. This is what he describes as incoherent drunken babbling.
  • Please, this is hurtful man. Let’s talk on the phone tomorrow. I am apologizing, and I think you should realize that I am making rookie mistakes. I didn’t read the backchannel yet, though I assumed that it was okay to be stupid sometimes and then learn from mistakes.
    You ask if I ever killed anyone or if my actions ever lead anyone to their deaths. The answer is YES. Several people have died at my hands. I have almost killed myself from the guilt several times. I feel like a goddamned serial killer. And the blood on my hands is from well before my entry into the military.
    I was a heroin addict for several years. I introduced many people to heroin, people that are dead now. I was with people the day they died, I’ve shared needles with people that died. I joined the military to get away from this. “I’d be safer in Afghanistan,” I figured. I even gave a soldier their first hit when I relapsed during training (AIT). The last real friend I ever made was a soldier in 2008 that I unknowingly gave his first stamp of heroin. He’s now a junkie on the streets. He will die or go to jail that way, and I did that to him – a fellow soldier. All my friends are art-damaged punk rock junkies and I’m the one who fought back. I feel like a fucking serial killer with the clarity of sobriety. I refuse to make friends with people anymore.
    How about you help me with the apology. Start compiling names, and I’ll do it. Those slimers fucked it up worse than anything you could lob at me could. They are retarded. I was naïve.
    By the way, my infant daughter has been threatened by Christians. I get death threats quite regularly. I’m in the news more than most of you, and I open myself up to this stuff. I got a message saying “YOU LOST YOUR SOUL IT WILL BE PAINFUL!!! GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY IN SPITE OF WHAT I’LL DO!!!”
    Lets talk tomorrow, brother. Please call me.
    Very respectfully,
    Justin Griffith
Source: http://www.freezepage.com/1356410336NSNYKVAWVP

Still, it looks like he's turned over a new leaf and finally beginning to smell the coffee. Stay tuned.

Notung

Post by Notung »

Let's not forget that (apparently) Justin himself posted on the original 'slimepit' for a while, after all that happened.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Pitchguest wrote:So, it turns out that Greg Laden was actually correct about Griffiths' alleged begging for forgiveness. I just read it and I hate to say it, but it's pretty damn pathetic.

Source: http://www.freezepage.com/1356410336NSNYKVAWVP

Still, it looks like he's turned over a new leaf and finally beginning to smell the coffee. Stay tuned.
PeeZus Christ on a bike, but this is getting out of control. I feel really bad for Justin in a way - it sounds to me as though he's completely stressed out, and I would not be at all surprised if he's about to lose one of the things he regards as a valuable prop, viz. the "support" of the FfTB crown. Well, as more than one person has pointed out here, they are abusive and disgusting in the way they seem to me to be treating Justin. I hope he can do without them and gets away from them soon: they are acting like serial abusers.

What a shitty holiday season for him: yeah, I know he's for freedom from religion, and so am I, but this is still year end/solstice season, and only JWs and arseholes like that don't get to benefit from the season.

Justin - I think it's very likely you're reading the Pit, and if you want to chat and just vent, please feel free to email me. You have my personal email address - use that rather than PMing me here at the Pit. I can't guarantee to respond promptly, since I have seven flights in the next three days, but I'll get back to you when I can.

Best, Lsuoma...

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Regarding Laden's book, SunGoDingoBalls, and the reviews of it kerfuffle, I think one of the truly funniest things is, and this is coming from an individual who has made his living as a professional writer for the last 13 years, and who has published, along with several technical works, poetry, creative non-fiction (nominated for a Western Canada Magazine writer's award), and songs, well, shit, when a so-called professional writer, aka Greg Laden, misspells the title of his only published work of fiction....

Well, fuck, What can you say but that the guy is an intellectual fraud, a moral fossil, and thoroughly and completely nothing more, nor less, than a vivid joke. Greg Laden, fuck you (and the PeeZus you ride) into the ground. You are fucking hilarious.

And as for Toiletbowl (LousyCanuck) defending Laden, and then claiming he is not defending Laden, well, shucks, the stupid rarely burns so bright as it does on Toiletbowl's blog.

Darren said:
No, no, no. It was all about picking up chicks! 10 years and $24 billion so a few dozen astronauts could get laid. We'll never see the likes of those days again.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Love it.

re. Pitchguest at http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 200#p39170

Jesus Christ is everyone at FfTB and A+ a dedicated psycopathic damage zone? WTF?!?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Sometimes I think the 'pit feels like those anti-cult communities. :/

mordacious1

ButtFlies and Squeals

Post by mordacious1 »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/BdxYl.jpg
Nobody told Opheliar about the black helicopters, I hope, and the phone taps, and the satellite surveillance?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote:Sometimes I think the 'pit feels like those anti-cult communities. :/
Insightful.

franc

Post by franc »

Notung wrote:Let's not forget that (apparently) Justin himself posted on the original 'slimepit' for a while, after all that happened.
Also don't forget Justin's sidekicked who posted, and immediately deleted, this -

http://slymepit.eu5.org/jg/Dragged%20in ... elief.html

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, for all the watchful people, the newly registered user oo.. is NOT oolon redivivus, thank Cthulhu.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Funny that Ophelia recently trawled through Michael Shermer's back catalogue to find something tenuous to criticise him with. Funny that the Baboons monitor every little apostrophe and full stop Dawkins produces in a tweet, and go into a frenzy of lighting up the torches and grabbing the pitchforks if they think he has slighted them. These folks are the FIRST to produce a hit piece (usually replicated by other FfTB blogs promoting the same narritive) as soon as they smell a bit of blood, and are only too keen to get their mindless cult hordes posting all kinds of shitwankery.

Struth

Post by Struth »

rayshul wrote:Sometimes I think the 'pit feels like those anti-cult communities. :/
That's exactly what this is.

It's like an open source project, manned by kind-hearted altruistic volunteers and [selfish] people who enjoy exposing the stupid, for belly laughs.

We just get a little hit of dopamine for every tiny little thing we do, that obstructs their commercial success.

It's good because you can dip in and out of it. My source of information and news is @AngrySkepchick. It's the most concise summary of all the most important drama.

Their complaints about being monitored is a lot like.. how Scientology hates reporters and sends people to bug them, take their photos etc. They try to shame their watchdogs as 'obsessed' / 'stalkers'.

Struth

Post by Struth »

Either ignore Greggy Weggy or somehow get the PDF. Someone would need to get it for Kindle for desktop Mac, for example, and somehow copy/paste the text. Is it worth the effort? God no. (It would take less time/money to just buy it, but then you'd be giving him money)

Amazon aren't stupid. I bet they have anti-gaming algorithms.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... _OU02_.jpg
BTW, there's also a UK listing on Amazon:

Note: instead of writing a review, you can add tags to the page. Also, one can 'Start a new discussion' if one wants to warn others about the gaming of reviews. (IMHO this is all so insignificant it's not worth the effort. Only do it if Patriarchy HQ ask you to).

PROTIP: Amazon UK logins work at the Amazon.com (USA) site (for writing review and up/down voting)

Skep tickle

Re: Mighty Hero Myers

Post by Skep tickle »

Gumby wrote:
franc wrote:Because the short fat prick reads here. The hero just posted this -

Once again, the Lord has made my enemies ridiculous

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... idiculous/

<snip>
Well, not that this outcome was hard to predict, but I'll brag anyway - did I call that or what? Creationist-style debate tactics par excellence by PZ.

I never went to that post, and I don't know how many people from here took Peezus up on his insincere trap of an offer. But any who did go (and I think at least one or two did) shouldn't have. Of course no matter what anyone said, he was going to gloat and ridicule, say no one brought any decent points up and dance around in front of all his grubby worshipers... just like the creationist leaders he learned this trick from. What the hell else did anyone expect from that dishonest fuck? Actual debate? Honest discussion? Serious consideration of points made by us? Really?

If anyone here did participate in that nonsense, hope y'all learned something. Re-read what Welch said about NMDs if you're not sure.
Keep your icing on, Cupcake. Don't try to corral me into that hive you've got going. No thanks on the Koolaid. ;) :D

Welch's NMD article/advice was great, but I don't see any point to trying to use ridicule when they say they want open dialogue (except when it's a repeated offer that has repeatedly fallen through on their end). Why not offer to engage, ideally on neutral territory but if not then wherever you can, to see...and show...how it goes? I've gotten cynical enough to suspect it's really really likely to fall through, whether they chicken out before it starts or instead pull out halfway through. Anything short of a reasonable exchange is likely to demonstrate their inadequacies as Skeptics To Admire. (cf Greg Laden as poster child for demonstration of said inadequacies)

Besides, it was quite satisfying to fall on my sword only by posing questions that anyone looking at PZ's post skeptically should have asked. And to be banned "with extreme prejudice" merely for associating here, without any more substance to the excuse for the ban than that? That was the piece de resistance, thankyouverymuch PZ for demonstrating - yet again and maybe plainly enough that a couple more of your readers (lurkers if not the regulars) saw your fear & loathing of open inquiry, as well as your hypocrisy, for what it is.

But then I have to deal with people, both in my administrative role & sometimes in my clinical role, who want something very different than I do and want to use me (patients or administrators) or screw me (administrators) to get it. Turns out overt ridicule doesn't work in those settings, you have to use the medium they're in - pretend to join in their efforts, even if it's only to find out more about what they want & why, then figure out what strategy to use to change the parameters of the situation to either serve what you see as the greater good, or at least to keep from getting screwed (or not as badly as would have happened if you hadn't been paying attention).

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

[youtube]j9jbdgZidu8[/youtube]

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS, YA CUNTS! Seriously though, you are all good shit. Best wishes to you and yours.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

franc wrote:
Notung wrote:Let's not forget that (apparently) Justin himself posted on the original 'slimepit' for a while, after all that happened.
Also don't forget Justin's sidekicked who posted, and immediately deleted, this -

http://slymepit.eu5.org/jg/Dragged%20in ... elief.html
Check the link? It's taking me to http://e.freewebhostingarea.com/not-found.html

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Justin Griffith is good people, AFAIA concerned. I've known him a long time. Pre -FTB days. He's a stand up guy, and has been through a world of shit. I read his blog post, and can tell you with certainty that he's not crazy or making shit up. I was there.

Oh, and I heard rumors that people were saying mean things about me on the internet. Here's a picture of me giving a fuck:

Struth

Post by Struth »

Melody's hero is a radfem called Mindy Nettifee. Her official site:

Code: Select all

http://www.thecultofmindy.com/
[youtube]i-aD9WrfWTM[/youtube]
This is my favorite poem by Mindy Nettifee. I share it often, hoping that it might speak to a woman that hasn’t given much thought to feminism.

I was in a very dark place more than a week ago and reached out to Mindy. Her emails are very much like her poetry, rhythmic and witty. She gave me nurturing yet empowering advice. :violin: Unfortunately, when I am in a deep dark place, no advice, no matter how good, can reach me. However, her kindness and thoughtfulness was a great comfort. :violin:

Melody on tumblr

(In this video, the cult of Mindy portrays females, such as Sarah Mayhew & Abbie Smith, as 'babies' who 'sound like idiots')

Struth

Post by Struth »

Re: that copper & UK radfems

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Gua ... bbins1.jpg

People who have the inclination and vitriol to make that copper's life difficult must surely also include Martin Robbins (who has a gig at The Guardian) [in addition to Skephick Tracy King, Rhys Morgan & Hayley Stevens]

I don't know if Robbins is a paid employee or a volunteer blogger. (To his credit, he has done some good writing w.r.t science issues). What I wonder is, if he's able to misuse his connections. He's a total twat; I recall he did his best to smear Vacula. We must give him the benefit of the doubt, assume he hasn't done anything underhand [in this case].

If only there was an effective way to let his employers know these claims are vexatious. Anyone fancy doing a Freedom of Information request [to that Copper's Police Force] (if appropriate)? Imagine if the paper trail actually lead back to one of them.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Saint N. wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:My latest video:

An Atheist Cult: Those Radicals From Freethought Blogs, Atheism Plus, Etc.

fTpHj3HvVC4
Good stuff Al, but something tells me all their going to hear is "...hate men and Caucasians..." and from there use it as evidence that you're indeed a racist and a sexist who fears having his 'privilege' attacked. From the looks of what Justin posted above this may already have happened. Nonetheless it's a needed message for lurkers to hear.
Just got a chance to watch it through. Good strong message, Al. Way to go.

Interesting how NonStampCollector is flailing wildly in the comments at youtube, claiming that you're tarring everyone at FtB with the same brush (though you specifically addressed in the video that you weren't. Couple of odd comments from NSC from ~4 hours ago:
NonStampCollector, apparently clueless to the schism and which side is more prominently represented at FtB, wrote:Whatever you think is going on here with A+ and RadFem, will all go away. They are nothing.
NonStampCollector, apparently clueless to what's going on around him & also expecting even distribution among FtB blogs, ignoring traffic & visibility, wrote:Come on, man. Fifteen hours I've been waiting for you to tell me WHO is attacking Michael Shermer. Give me names. How hard is it? You're obviously very familiar with it. It must be widespread throughout FTB.

In fact, stats don't lie- tell us how many FTBers are "attacking" Shermer, divide that number by the number of blogs, i.e. 36, and multiply by 100 to get the percentage of FTB that is guilty of this unforgivable behaviour. That info will be so damning that FTB will likely shut down in shame.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Struth wrote:
That's exactly what this is.

It's like an open source project, manned by kind-hearted altruistic volunteers and [selfish] people who enjoy exposing the stupid, for belly laughs.

...snip...

Their complaints about being monitored is a lot like.. how Scientology hates reporters and sends people to bug them, take their photos etc. They try to shame their watchdogs as 'obsessed' / 'stalkers'.
Well there's that, but I notice there's a lot of outreach to people who are in danger of getting arsefucked by them or are on the verge of getting stalked. CLS issue is what made me say it. Although JG seems "at risk" now.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »