Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by AchronTimeless »

Za-zen wrote:Eucliwood, you don't need to learn the definition of "off"
Oh sure, ruin the presentation. Does no one care about style anymore? :D

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Rystefn wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:And for the last time, no one was yelling in the first signature.
Actually, yeah, all-caps is yelling. Welcome to the internet.
Think of an ad banner that had caps in it. They aren't yelling, they're just advertising really loudly.

and lol @ the Slymepit + thing. xD

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

AchronTimeless wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Eucliwood, you don't need to learn the definition of "off"
Oh sure, ruin the presentation. Does no one care about style anymore? :D
You never acknowledged my apology, Achron. Do I at least get a rating?

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Freaking awesome vid! "Why 'Feminism' is poisoning Atheism"

[youtube]cKKQdJR7F_I[/youtube]

Thank you, Thunderfoot!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Eucliwood, I can't wait for you to meet Steersman. :P

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

I'd like to just take a moment to say that Pitchguest and Skep tickle are two of my favorite new-ish members. I get a lot of entertainment from the treks that y'all take into baboon territory, so I just wanted to let y'all know I appreciate it. :D

Reap

Post by Reap »

Here's a podcast for Ed "lying jack-off dickhead hypocrite" Brayton and PZ "lord of inthe darkness" Myers and all the other simpletons who can't see the difference between truth and rhetoric. Click on the graphic Thanks to everyone who was on the call. To quote PZ "We should do this again sometime. Here's my hotel room key"

http://www.reapsowradio.com/wp-content/ ... onhive.gif

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Eucliwood wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:And for the last time, no one was yelling in the first signature.
Actually, yeah, all-caps is yelling. Welcome to the internet.
Think of an ad banner that had caps in it. They aren't yelling, they're just advertising really loudly.

and lol @ the Slymepit + thing. xD
Ad banners in all caps are the internet equivalent of shouting car-dealership ads at 3am on your local TV channel. Still yelling.

dinkum

Post by dinkum »

Tigzy wrote:Eucliwood, I can't wait for you to meet Steersman. :P
Don't cross the streams.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Tigzy wrote:Eucliwood, I can't wait for you to meet Steersman. :P
Lol. New thread time. The great steer And Eucli debate.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

ReneeHendricks wrote:An update on my guy (ignore if you could not give a shit :)) - surgery has been scheduled for January 25th. I really love how they freak us out then we get to wait nearly 2 months before finding out more. Anyway, he's going to have the 3-4 cm lump on the side of his neck removed and looked at immediately for malignancy. I'm not completely certain but I believe based on this, they'll then put a camera down the back of his throat to look at an "anomaly". He's been told he will be in the hospital for 2-3 days and he's already attempting to buck that. I told him I would tell the nurses and doctors on him if he didn't comply. He's not happy about that.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled mayhem!
Best of luck Renee.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Eucliwood,
Perhaps you need to be informed of the reason for the Slymepit before you make incorrect assumptions as to its purpose and style.

The Slymepit is, essentially, the bastard child of PZ Myers and Greg Laden.
These two individuals single arseholedly managed to bring together a disparate band of opponents of demagoguery and sycophancy to create the only force in skepticism with the power to withstand the unholy malevolent shitbaggery that the FTB-Skepchick axis of idiocy has unleashed on the world.
And what is the power we slymepitters possess?
It is the ability to laugh at the pure distilled hypocrisy of our opponents.
It is our collecting examples of Myers telling sexist jokes while lecturing women how to be proper feminists, of wringing his hands at opponents who do not accept the idea of the patriarchy conspiracy and rape culture - all the while having a longstanding policy to threaten uncooperative commenters on his forum with being raped with a dead porcupine.
It is exposing the sham of feminist Stephanie Zvan's defending Greg Laden for calling a female commenter a "bitch" and telling another to "get off the rag and kiss my ass".
It is the exposure of Ophelia Benson lying through her teeth to defend the despicable actions of her friends and condemning others as mysogynists for using the same words her friends do and in the same context.
It is the fact that we are skeptics who allow every viewpoint to be exposed here and for not banning people for simply reading the 'wrong' forum.
But the most important thing to recognize about this forum is that we are not, like PZ Myers and Rebecca Watson, doing this for the money.
We are doing it for the LOLs.
For whatever divergent views we may hold about the disgusting hijacking of US skepticism that Myers and Watson have managed over the past few years, we are united in the opinion that the sheer hypocrisy of their actions compared to their high minded words is, well, fucking funny.
So, join in with us.
We appreciate people bringing some new tantalizing course of Ophelia or Surly Amy freaking out at theirs shadows, all the while figuring out how to win sycophants and influence conference organizers.
Go search Ladens or Svans old posts from the pre-elevatorgate days when they were being targeted by the online feminist hit squad of that time (the brain of which was, believe it or not, fucken Physioproffe!)
Theres lots of juicy morsels awaiting discovery.
Don't come here whining about the forum now.
We are interested in the LOLs.
Bring them and you will be considered one of us.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

Eucliwood wrote: You never acknowledged my apology, Achron. Do I at least get a rating?
I never got one. In the interest of saving time though, let's just do this:
Eucliwood wrote:For the LAST TIME
Eucliwood wrote:And for the last time
You keep using that phrase, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Drop it already.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Eucliwood,
Perhaps you need to be informed of the reason for the Slymepit before you make incorrect assumptions as to its purpose and style.

The Slymepit is, essentially, the bastard child of PZ Myers and Greg Laden.
These two individuals single arseholedly managed to bring together a disparate band of opponents of demagoguery and sycophancy to create the only force in skepticism with the power to withstand the unholy malevolent shitbaggery that the FTB-Skepchick axis of idiocy has unleashed on the world.
And what is the power we slymepitters possess?
It is the ability to laugh at the pure distilled hypocrisy of our opponents.
It is our collecting examples of Myers telling sexist jokes while lecturing women how to be proper feminists, of wringing his hands at opponents who do not accept the idea of the patriarchy conspiracy and rape culture - all the while having a longstanding policy to threaten uncooperative commenters on his forum with being raped with a dead porcupine.
It is exposing the sham of feminist Stephanie Zvan's defending Greg Laden for calling a female commenter a "bitch" and telling another to "get off the rag and kiss my ass".
It is the exposure of Ophelia Benson lying through her teeth to defend the despicable actions of her friends and condemning others as mysogynists for using the same words her friends do and in the same context.
It is the fact that we are skeptics who allow every viewpoint to be exposed here and for not banning people for simply reading the 'wrong' forum.
But the most important thing to recognize about this forum is that we are not, like PZ Myers and Rebecca Watson, doing this for the money.
We are doing it for the LOLs.
For whatever divergent views we may hold about the disgusting hijacking of US skepticism that Myers and Watson have managed over the past few years, we are united in the opinion that the sheer hypocrisy of their actions compared to their high minded words is, well, fucking funny.
So, join in with us.
We appreciate people bringing some new tantalizing course of Ophelia or Surly Amy freaking out at theirs shadows, all the while figuring out how to win sycophants and influence conference organizers.
Go search Ladens or Svans old posts from the pre-elevatorgate days when they were being targeted by the online feminist hit squad of that time (the brain of which was, believe it or not, fucken Physioproffe!)
Theres lots of juicy morsels awaiting discovery.
Don't come here whining about the forum now.
We are interested in the LOLs.
Bring them and you will be considered one of us.
When did I whine about the forum (unless you are referring to 'whining' about some things that were said to me by SOME members here)? When did I make assumptions about the forums purpose or style? I am sort of offended. It's like randomly taking a kid that said "we should get moar blocks!" aside and going "Kid, did you know that this daycare is for us to watch kids in while your parents are out playing? Stop making assumptions about what the daycare is for."
Obviously.

As for this Steersman fellow, he sounds scary. I don't think I wish to meet him.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

AchronTimeless wrote:
Eucliwood wrote: You never acknowledged my apology, Achron. Do I at least get a rating?
I never got one. In the interest of saving time though, let's just do this:
Eucliwood wrote:For the LAST TIME
Eucliwood wrote:And for the last time
You keep using that phrase, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Drop it already.
What do you mean you never got one? It wasn't a NOTpology, as A+ers say...I was serious. That's the last time I apologize to the likes of you. I get told to "drop it" when I apologize and ask you to acknowledge that I did so.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

@scented I think the "new merchandise " was refering to her being new here, like you mentioned.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Eucliwood wrote:
AchronTimeless wrote:So that's it? No "Sorry Achron, I flew off the handle and accused you of saying things others did. I'm sorry and I'll be a better person as soon as I pull my head out of my ass"? Not even a try? Oh no, just jumping at me again.

Eucli, I'm going to make you familiar with a word you need to learn:
off [awf]
adverb
so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
so as to be no longer covering or enclosing: to take a hat off; to take the wrapping off.
away from a place: to run off; to look off toward the west.
away from a path, course, etc.; aside: This road branches off to Grove City.
so as to be away or on one's way: to start off early; to cast off.
Why do you need to be aware of this word?

It's the direction you can go fuck.
So, you want me to fuck off because I didn't give you some big apology? It's implied that your little "hey, I didn't do that" thing is noted. I then went to address the other meat of your post. But okay. I, Eucliwood, am sorry, Achron, for mistaking you for someone who thought..well I forget what I thought. But I'm sorry for my mistake.

(really, I was, a bit).

@ ScentedNectar - The signature is a reference to me. And for the last time, no one was yelling in the first signature. I said I took your suggestion, and changed my signature. Then I changed it to that because the FoF responses were kicking in. If this signature is also somehow offensive, I will change it, yet again.

And instead of an edit feature, I also noticed another thing that stops you before you posts and tells you that a new post was made so that you don't post your post and end up having to make a double post about the next post you missed while you were posting, if that makes sense. But I guess that would be annoying here since posts happen so fast.

This is me quoting the apology that I supposedly never gave.
If it is insufficient, I can try again.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Eucliwood wrote: As for this Steersman fellow, he sounds scary. I don't think I wish to meet him.
He is scary. In the way that Chinese water torture is scary.

But don't worry. I have a feeling that you and he are going to get on like a house on fire.

:popcorn:

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Mouse meet cat....
Eucli please google the definition of a straightman

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Tigzy wrote:
Eucliwood wrote: As for this Steersman fellow, he sounds scary. I don't think I wish to meet him.

But don't worry. I have a feeling that you and he are going to get on like a house on fire.

What do you mean?! Someone just tell me >.>

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

ReneeHendricks wrote:An update on my guy (ignore if you could not give a shit :)) - surgery has been scheduled for January 25th. I really love how they freak us out then we get to wait nearly 2 months before finding out more. Anyway, he's going to have the 3-4 cm lump on the side of his neck removed and looked at immediately for malignancy. I'm not completely certain but I believe based on this, they'll then put a camera down the back of his throat to look at an "anomaly". He's been told he will be in the hospital for 2-3 days and he's already attempting to buck that. I told him I would tell the nurses and doctors on him if he didn't comply. He's not happy about that.

Also, hope that comes out well for you guys. Sucks you have to play the waiting game for so long, but at least working for the government got you used to that, right?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Maximus wrote:@scented I think the "new merchandise " was refering to her being new here, like you mentioned.
That sounds a lot more likely than what I was thinking, which was, well, not so charitable. :)

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Rystefn wrote:

Also, hope that comes out well for you guys. Sucks you have to play the waiting game for so long, but at least working for the government got you used to that, right?
To be fair, while I was in the Army, freaky fucking medical shit was usually taken care of rather quickly. Other people's mileage may have varied. But in all other regards, yeah...shit ton of fucking waiting around, twiddling our thumbs.

Oh, and thanks :D

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

@eucliwood, I went back and checked some of your posts, they seem on topic. Just curious what lead people to the slymepit? I came by way of sgu/rebbecca watson/ERV-ABBIE IS AWESOME/grelinings/justicar/phawrongula.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

[youtube]8b28nG-_GaQ[/youtube]

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Eucliwood wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Don't listen to them. Steer is good for a laugh sometimes, occasionally says something useful or worthwhile, and is good exercise for my scrolling finger the rest of the time.

Rule Number One here at the Pit: Hyperbole is king, so turn it up to 11, especially when complaining about the other people here. Except me. All the horrible shit they say about me is true. Actually, it's an understatement, if anything.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Maximus wrote:@eucliwood, I went back and checked some of your posts, they seem on topic. Just curious what lead people to the slymepit? I came by way of sgu/rebbecca watson/ERV-ABBIE IS AWESOME/grelinings/justicar/phawrongula.
I came after I decided that atheismplus sucks. I wanted to find other people that thought them and their crew sucked as well. So I googled atheismplus sucks and found this place.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gumby wrote:Damn, I love the "ignore poster" feature. I rarely use it, but occasionally it's invaluable to cut down on obnoxious babblers.

:whistle:
Amen, brother.

I'm probably going to turn on the post flood limit feature, purely because of Eucliwood.

BTW, Eucliwood, I don't see you're posts because you're on my ignore list due to the crazy rate at which you're posting almost content-free crap.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Rystefn wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Don't listen to them. Steer is good for a laugh sometimes, occasionally says something useful or worthwhile, and is good exercise for my scrolling finger the rest of the time.

Rule Number One here at the Pit: Hyperbole is king, so turn it up to 11, especially when complaining about the other people here. Except me. All the horrible shit they say about me is true. Actually, it's an understatement, if anything.
As long as hyperbole isn't used to dramatize the actions of others and demonize them. I got enough of that looking at peezus's crew.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tkmlac wrote:
Gumby wrote:Damn, I love the "ignore poster" feature. I rarely use it, but occasionally it's invaluable to cut down on obnoxious babblers.

That's a thing? I didn't know.
Click on the poster's name then add them as a foe - you'll see that they have made a post but you'll have to click if you actually want to display it.

BTW, this can flip the rage bit in some posters who think that they have a right to be heard/read. See colon.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

ReneeHendricks wrote:To be fair, while I was in the Army, freaky fucking medical shit was usually taken care of rather quickly. Other people's mileage may have varied. But in all other regards, yeah...shit ton of fucking waiting around, twiddling our thumbs.

Oh, and thanks :D
At least you didn't have to rush to the hospital, running red lights and breaking speed limit laws to get there in the time they gave you only to be left waiting for the six weeks with nothing to do... (No, my unit was never on standby to deploy anywhere in Europe or the Middle East within 24 hours, and we never had to show up ready to for said deployment on almost no notice for a conflict that never emerged, why do you ask?)

Darren

Post by Darren »

Nothing feels quite as good as quoting P.Z. in Comic Sans.

http://i.imgur.com/h88Bd.jpg

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Lsuoma wrote:

Amen, brother.

I'm probably going to turn on the post flood limit feature, purely because of Eucliwood.

BTW, Eucliwood, I don't see you're posts because you're on my ignore list due to the crazy rate at which you're posting almost content-free crap.
Content free crap such as? (Can someone do me a favor and ask what he means)?

sKepptiksowat

Post by sKepptiksowat »

Mykeru wrote:I'm just going to leave this here:

[youtube]Lsndj_ewxvI[/youtube]

When we start The Slyme Pit podcast (which is, of course, inevitable) we should totally rip-this off as the intro music.
The dudes in this band make an appearance in this video of mine. Original tune by another anon.

[youtube]Uy_O2miLV74[/youtube]

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

codelette wrote:
Tkmlac wrote:
codelette wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:Feminist is like the new No Homo. "I'm not a feminist, but ____" to avoid comments asking if someone is a... a... FEMINIST. CX. hilarious.

For me is more along the lines of:
I'm not a feminist, because is a movement to and for white upper-middle and middle class women (i.e. First World Problem sufferers).
Historically, culturally and personally I cannot identify with most (if not any) of the supposed achievements of the "sisterhood" on behalf of all vagina-owners.
I want to explore this more. Did anyone else notice that most of the "scholarships" to TAM for women were white women?

Feminism has a real racism problem...
What bothers me is the "we did all of this for you!", like:
1) because of feminists, you can work outside the house (huh! My grandmas were working outside the house along with my grandpas. Otherwise, their kids starved. So, before feminism, plenty of Black, Hispanic and poor White women were already working outside of their houses. You didn't work. You didn't eat).
2)because of feminists, you can vote! (In the American territory that I come from (a.k.a. a colony), we got a Military Governor appointed by Congress. Everybody voted after a Constitution was written and approved and people were allowed to vote for the Governor)
3) blah blah blah feminism you went to College...STEM (my College allowed women in the Electrical Engineering department since the 1940s. She wasn't a feminist. She was encouraged by her father and brother to pursue the career. In my case, I was encouraged by my blue-collar, pragmatic, definitely non-feminist parents.)
4) "blah blah blah contraception" (Poor Puertorican women were guinea pigs for the contraceptive pill, my grandma was one. It is said than Sanger herself chose the location because if a "whole bunch or poor ignorant women could do it, then anybody could do it").

...it really bothers me when fucking special snowflakes like Melody Hensley complain about "sister punishing" or privilege. That fucking bitch is the textbook definition of privilege. A useless, worthless cunt that gets to complain about stupid trivial shit because of her comfy, cushioned life.
In college I was lucky enough to join a extracurricular flight school associated with the college.

The person that ran this flight school was an Olympic swimmer in 1932. During WWII, she joined the WASPS (Women Airforce Service Pilots) where she flew, I believe, more than 25 different kinds of military aircraft, from fighters to bombers, ferrying them from where they were manufactured across the US to Nova Scotia where they would be flown across the Atlantic.

After the war, she won the Powder Puff derby and at some point that helped her become associated with the college I went to, where she started, led, ran, administered this flying program which involved not just scheduling students, but writing the curriculum, managing aircraft, hangar and maintenance, finding instructors (beside herself), and still flying and instructing probably 20 or more hours each week.

Among her students were some of the first women that became commercial airline pilots, as well as a couple of future astronauts (though none of those were women to the best of my knowledge.)

She also voted and strongly supported Ronald Reagan. (Which was when I was in school.)

QUIZ:

Would A+ Septic Feminism consider this women a feminist? A friend, or an enemy?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Scented Nectar wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:Hmm. I'm wondering if everyone is now running to ignore me. :(
More likely everyone's running to ignore the one who yells at us in his sig and has added about 2 pages of posts all on his own in about as many days.
What yelling, SN? I see what might be a spammy "New merchandise" but it doesn't appear to be a link, and it's not particularly big. If it actually is a spam link that I'm not seeing due to my browser settings, then Eucliwood, take this as you one and only warning before getting banned for spamming.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Eucliwood wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Ah, Steersman, The beguilingly insufferable Steersman. How to quantify this character? In short - well, he appears to have a compulsion to take the contrary viewpoint to...well, pretty much anything. As a result, he has the rare distinction of being banned at both A Voice for Men and major portions of the FTB sphere. It's clear that more than a few here can't stand him, and have him on permanent ignore. I personally believe that he makes a valuable if unloveable contribution to the Slymepit in at least getting you to check your assumptions...sometimes. Which, if nothing else, does go some way to curtailing the kind of groupthink that pervades FTB like the smell of Ed Brayton's underpants left stranded in an elevator.

Furthermore, Steersman will just go on, and on, and on, with a SIWOTI syndrome as well developed as Mr Darcy's tumescence upon espying the fair form of...erm...fuck, what was her name? The big titted one out of Pride and Prejudice, who's mum played Aunt May in the Raimi Spiderman films. Anyway. Forget about that. Suffice it to say, when engaging with Steersman, I must warn you that he is quite astonishingly literal-minded, so sarcasm and parody is wasted on him. He is, however, rarely personally offensive - except when it comes to CommanderTuvok for some reason - and given your already apparent penchant to go on a bit over pointless minutae, I look forward to seeing you and he engage as I would anticipate the mighty gladiatorial combat of two Galapagos tortoises.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

JackRayner wrote:I'd like to just take a moment to say that Pitchguest and Skep tickle are two of my favorite new-ish members. I get a lot of entertainment from the treks that y'all take into baboon territory, so I just wanted to let y'all know I appreciate it. :D
That was very egalitarian of you

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Eucliwood wrote:
Again... an edit button would really help for oneafteranother posts.

I guess changing somehow offensive signature was not enough. I'm new and all, but give someone a chance o.O.
No edits by posters. End of story. If you want to learn something go back and read the early pages of this thread, which will tell you why.

Don;t like the rules? Tought titty for you, fish-face.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Lsuoma wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:Hmm. I'm wondering if everyone is now running to ignore me. :(
More likely everyone's running to ignore the one who yells at us in his sig and has added about 2 pages of posts all on his own in about as many days.
What yelling, SN? I see what might be a spammy "New merchandise" but it doesn't appear to be a link, and it's not particularly big. If it actually is a spam link that I'm not seeing due to my browser settings, then Eucliwood, take this as you one and only warning before getting banned for spamming.
Whoa, what the hell? I hate when folks ignore someone and then misinterpret what happened due to side talk about it before actually seeing what actually happened.

Also can the topic can move on from me kthnx ^^

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Eucliwood wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

As long as hyperbole isn't used to dramatize the actions of others and demonize them. I got enough of that looking at peezus's crew.
Mostly it's all in good fun. Sometimes you manage to actually push someone's buttons and they get all butthurt (not pointing any fingers at Lsuoma), and when that happens, the best response is to just laugh at them and move on.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

Ah great, now Eucli is trying to carry things on via PM.. I mean, this is just getting sad.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Lsuoma wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
It was two sigs before her current one. All caps and bolded, telling us there are too many posts here and that we should open an IRC (to relieve the number of posts, I think she meant.). Next was a rather kooky sig, saying people give her a flight or fight reaction and that NO, she will NOT take beta blockers because it's physical not mental. That was only up for a few minutes. After that came this merchandise one. Not spam though, probably referring to my mentioning to her that she's new. So, no real spam or any other legit bannable offence, but certainly food for me to have an opinion about. Apparently a rather strong one, which I wasn't expecting to have today! :)

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Lsuoma wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
not spamming/not a link

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

Oh, wait.. no. Scented Nectar it wasn't "fight or flight" it was "friend or foe". That bit stuck with me because its usage was so odd.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

AchronTimeless wrote:Ah great, now Eucli is trying to carry things on via PM.. I mean, this is just getting sad.
Carry on things? I just sent you the apology you missed... but nice job at misrepresenting things. Especially for people that can't see me..how convenient. I will count off before Lsuoma reads, and guesses at what happened and gives me another warning.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

AchronTimeless wrote:Oh, wait.. no. Scented Nectar it wasn't "fight or flight" it was "friend or foe". That bit stuck with me because its usage was so odd.
It was flight or fight, not sure if you can see this. You had it right, ScentedNectar.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Also, @ScentedNectar that was more my excuse of proposing a chat, since last time I did that people got all weirded out and thought I wanted to stalk them to their location. (I google stalk sometimes, but not for malicious purposes.) The proposal was rescinded (right word?) aboutt...an hour ago?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

welch wrote:
sacha wrote:
welch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
sacha wrote: I know that's what he says, but everyone knows my real name is sacha
(and most know my last name - shhhh - silence! - one must not speak it, for it is evil incarnate, and vocalisation of its name, could unlock the gate)
I only want actual names on the list, but cannot bring myself to delete Franc Hoggle.
Do I have to actually take a picture of myself eating a female baby here?

My feeling, you has hurted it.
hahaha!

"I only want actual names on the list"

I think Damon is trying to tell us something.
I think so. I do believe we have been shunned.
Shunward, ho!

:hankey:

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

LOL, I was wondering what the originals/longtimers thought of steersman. He seems..... wordy.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
It was two sigs before her current one. All caps and bolded, telling us there are too many posts here and that we should open an IRC (to relieve the number of posts, I think she meant.). Next was a rather kooky sig, saying people give her a flight or fight reaction and that NO, she will NOT take beta blockers because it's physical not mental. That was only up for a few minutes. After that came this merchandise one. Not spam though, probably referring to my mentioning to her that she's new. So, no real spam or any other legit bannable offence, but certainly food for me to have an opinion about. Apparently a rather strong one, which I wasn't expecting to have today! :)
Thanks. I rely on the posters here to keep me from drifting into Nazi-mod mode (despite the icon).

Judging from lots of reactions I'm seeing from people it seems to me as thought the FNG is generating a lot of heat and light without getting people engaged on anything serious. I smell crazy troll, or maybe just crazy attention seeking, given some of the stuff I've dipped my toes into.

Definitely don't like the idea of encouraging people away from what everyone here has built up over the last six months with a lot of love and attention.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Eucli, I doubt if you're ever going to accomplish whatever you're after with this. Believe me, I know the drive to try to make yourself understood when people seem to be bound and determined to take shit how they're going to take it, but you're wasting your time. The best way course at this point is likely to drop all conversations and start fresh. Depending on what you're trying to accomplish here, of course.

Historically I rarely follow that particular bit of advice myself, so I can't exactly judge harshly if you stay on it. If you've got thick hide and no allergies, sometimes it's fun to just keep poking the hornet's nest and laughing at impotent rage. Hell, doing it to the FTBastards is one of the more popular passtimes around here.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Eucliwood wrote:Also, @ScentedNectar that was more my excuse of proposing a chat, since last time I did that people got all weirded out and thought I wanted to stalk them to their location. (I google stalk sometimes, but not for malicious purposes.) The proposal was rescinded (right word?) aboutt...an hour ago?
No, no one thought you were trying to stalk them (gawd! you DO fit in with the A+ crowd), just yelling at us to change our setup.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Not sure if implying I'm encouraging people away from what "everyone here has built up" (awww... *sniffles*) or someone else.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Peezuz Christ, even oolon took about a month before he forced me to add him to my ignore list.
Click.

Ahhh...

Now where were we again?

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Al Stefanelli wrote:I just don't get how someone can read and listen to something and still manage to totally fuck it up:

http://www.alstefanelli.com/McKen5.jpg
At the risk of going all Steersman on you, when you title the video "An Atheist Cult: Those Radicals From Freethought Blogs, Atheism Plus, Etc. " and make statements like you did at 1:21 to 1:25, 2:57 to 3:00, and between 5:15 to 6:53, you have to expect that they may not be able to discern the subtlety "they are acting like a cult" and "they are a cult."

It is not that I don't agree with you. I do. But, I think you are expecting a little too much from them to grasp the difference.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:Also, @ScentedNectar that was more my excuse of proposing a chat, since last time I did that people got all weirded out and thought I wanted to stalk them to their location. (I google stalk sometimes, but not for malicious purposes.) The proposal was rescinded (right word?) aboutt...an hour ago?
No, no one thought you were trying to stalk them (gawd! you DO fit in with the A+ crowd), just yelling at us to change our setup.
Scented Nectar, did you know that no amount of times you accuse me of yelling at you to change your setup (the fuck?) makes it true? For some reason, the suggestion of a chat is still getting your panties in a twist, despite the fact that people here already chat, even (something I didn't know).
And no, I never said nor implied that people here thought I was attempting to stalk anyone, however, like I said, I've gotten that reaction before. And it's pretty insulting to say I fit in a crowd I was rejected from immediately. It's like the witches in Rosario + Vampire... "You're too human!" "You're a monster!" *tear*.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

mutleyeng wrote:
JackRayner wrote:I'd like to just take a moment to say that Pitchguest and Skep tickle are two of my favorite new-ish members. I get a lot of entertainment from the treks that y'all take into baboon territory, so I just wanted to let y'all know I appreciate it. :D
That was very egalitarian of you
http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/com ... d0179f.png

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

@eucliwood, Don't worry to much about it. I don't post much, but I've been around here (counting lurking) for over a month, and did all my homework regarding elevator gate, monopod man etc. And I think the correct response is to tell eveyone to fuck off with a funny smilie face.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

OK, post flood limit is now 120 seconds from 15, for obvious reasons. Also, I have seen one complaint about PMs from the Eucliwood. If you add someone to your foe list I believe that will also block PMs from them.