Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
rayshul

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by rayshul »

Part of the reason I'm HERE... I should have said. Parenthesis always make me lose track of what the fuck I'm saying.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

AchronTimeless wrote:
DownThunder wrote:As for the etymology of the word mangina, you can consider the male body as little more than the external mobile appendage of a females reproductive system.
Yay, time for this video again:
[youtube]Z-BbpaNXbxg[/youtube]
Nearly spat my tea out.

franc

Post by franc »

AndrewV69 wrote:
JackRayner wrote:If I were to take the argument seriously, I would interject to state that mangina, in what I understand is the original usage, [anyone else, feel free to give me a history lesson if I'm wrong] is more of a homophobic/transphobic term. :dance:
Do not ask me. The first time I heard the term was in the UK many years ago. At the time the term meant to me some kind of "girly-man". Like Setar or Lousy Thibadoobedoo or the Ian "virgin" Brown. Has a cock but no balls etc. etc. etc. including not being too bright like PeeZuss Christ.
I still think "toilet slave" conveys the meaning more effectively.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

rayshul wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I think the word itself is funny, no more, no less. The concept behind it, though, as described by Wooly's quotes, is to me very similar to what the PitGirls are accused of.
defined as a man with an "extreme need to seek approval from females to the point of eradicating his own self and becoming a servant eunuch."
Sorry, but that sounds way too familiar to me now.
I'd agree with Phil - it seems to be the same idea. I'd be interested if that truly was what was behind these guys and their adoption of feminism. I'm not sure it's what is behind PZ's feminist mania, and I don't honestly feel that many of the FtB men are doing it to seek approval from women. It seems more that they've bought into an ideology and the women themselves don't actually matter at all.

That said... part of the reason (perhaps the main reason, apart from the whole infantilisation of women schtick) is that I'm for the freedom of language. There's words and phrases I fucking hate (people of colour and mansplaining, for example) but I respect people's right to say 'em. I'm fine with chill girls and gender traitors - they're fucking stupid words said by fucking stupid people, but hey, free speech!, and I've got the right to call them cunts back. :) I don't think banning words is a great idea - people always find new words to describe things. If you kill mangina you'll just get something else that's less offensive but carries the same thought behind it... People are going to find bad words to describe their enemies and obstacles.
It's not a question of banning words, it is a question of stupid words said by stupid people.

So if you use mangina, or group x uses mangina, I will suspect they are stupid ignorant hyper partisan haters just as I think feminists that throw around mansplaining, patriarchy, rape apologist, etc. etc.

I think there are plenty of other ways to describe those behaviors that are less offputting to people I think can be persuaded to support me, that mark us an intelligent and not dimwits.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Ooooh! No wish from me to ban any word here, or elsewhere. I was just commenting on the word's description (something we have learned from the baboons is really volatile).

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Ah, I'm just commenting on the mention about "outlawing" the term mangina from their blog. I definitely do accept some people need safe spaces... I just wouldn't want to visit them.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

somedumbguy wrote:
rayshul wrote:I'd just like to point out to our guests that the Slymepit appears to now be criticising/discussing the MRA.

In the interests of equal opportunity. :)
And no one has been accused of derailing, or gaslighting or whataboutthewomenzing, or trolling, or threatened with bans, or disemvoweled, or had the comments altered, or been banned, or accused of being a non-franc sockpuppet, or a chill guy....
Or, as a way of shutting down the conversation and refusing to address the arguments presented, been told to do something “anatomically impossible” with dead porcupines. Jan Steen hit the nail on the head earlier by suggesting that Myers – by permitting some insults but banning others, and those who use them – has done more [good show PZ] to create and promote bullies than any other site.

I don’t particularly like to use them and don’t think they add much if anything to the conversation. But allowing those that roll like water off a duck’s back as far as oneself is concerned, but anathematizing those that, apparently, seriously rattle one’s cage if not shake one’s foundations is so egregiously hypocritical that one is simply astounded at the intellectual dishonesty.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

rayshul wrote:I'm not sure it's what is behind PZ's feminist mania, and I don't honestly feel that many of the FtB men are doing it to seek approval from women. It seems more that they've bought into an ideology and the women themselves don't actually matter at all.
After listening to Reap's anecdotal evidence, its corroborated my opinion of PZ as a straight Ted Haggard. PZ is more than middle aged, from the sounds of it he has only ever been with 1 woman, and he has uncomfortable thoughts about all the hot 20-something college girls he surrounded with. An ideology that lets you vent your frustration while absolving personal understanding and responsibility is highly seductive.

It seems more that they've bought into an ideology and the women themselves don't actually matter at all.

My explanation, which Ive written before in length, is that is about woman as a concept, and the standards & ideals that entails. Its not so much about individual people. It also covers the use of the word misogyny in many cases, where misogyny is not the hatred of women, but anything that affronts the ideals of woman as a concept. eg if you define woman as being scared, threatened, constantly under siege etc... to expect an individual woman to handle regular social situations becomes misogyny.

But even I cant keep up with this shit. Soon breakfast cereal will be misogyny.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

DownThunder wrote:Soon breakfast cereal will be misogyny.
I'll go back to eating cereal when that happens. :D

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

DownThunder wrote: and he has uncomfortable thoughts about all the hot 20-something college girls he surrounded with. An ideology that lets you vent your frustration while absolving personal understanding and responsibility is highly seductive.
Well I dislike playing Internet psychologist, but I've said similar things about another professor, Hugo Schwyzer, describing him as literally a sociopath (Hugo is objectively far worse than PZ) who deflects his own crimes and responsibilities by projecting them onto all men.

It's not my fault I slept with so many of my college students, including ones I was chaperoning, and it's not my fault I tried to kill my girlfriend, it's that all men are sexist pig beasts that need control.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

JackRayner wrote:
Well now we bring it up... how come Cap'n Crunch is a man? Is it because women can't be Captains? IS THAT IT, PATRIARCHY!?!?!?!??!

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

rayshul wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Well now we bring it up... how come Cap'n Crunch is a man? Is it because women can't be Captains? IS THAT IT, PATRIARCHY!?!?!?!??!
Actually, there isn't a single cereal mascot that is female.

Checkmate, Feminists.

https://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boa ... 056826.png

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

somedumbguy wrote:
DownThunder wrote: and he has uncomfortable thoughts about all the hot 20-something college girls he surrounded with. An ideology that lets you vent your frustration while absolving personal understanding and responsibility is highly seductive.
Well I dislike playing Internet psychologist, but I've said similar things about another professor, Hugo Schwyzer, describing him as literally a sociopath (Hugo is objectively far worse than PZ) who deflects his own crimes and responsibilities by projecting them onto all men.
I don't know. I think the social justice warrior shit is attractive because it makes you feel superior... particularly if you're a white heterosexual guy! It's like a license to think of yourself at the top of the food chain AND as the natural savior of all the oppressed! It feeds into a very specific fantasy about power if you're a man/white/straight or an equal fantasy about victim hood and getting to act like your emotions matter more than they reasonably should if you're female/not white/not straight.

You can be a hero! You can be a victim! And you can tell people how they should think from a standpoint that you've been taught is morally superior! How great is that! Super smugness all round! It's fairly clear here that the people who have outright and loudly rejected the ideas coming out of FTB are those who are not interested in that power fantasy or the victimhood fantasy.

From PZ's speeches - especially that horrifying one where he evangelised his politics, urging people to shout YES! - I feel that it's more likely being a social justice warrior makes him feel power, and he loves it.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

CEREAL IS A TOOL OF THE PATRIARCHY

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I guess you can say patriarchy...

*puts on sunglasses*

is a real cereal killer.

YEEEAHHH!

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

All I can think of is special K, but then it promotes A HEGEMONIC PATRIARCHAL STEREOTYPICAL CISGENDERED ABLEIST HETERONORMATIVE NARRATIVE OF WYMYNS BODIES.

CEREAL = PATRIARCHY

Im not really a cereal eater and I dont think Ill ever be after this conversation.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Anyway... as an addition to my earlier comment... If you do have someone like PZ who is at the mid-twilight of his career and hasn't done much - he's not academic enough to get publications, he doesn't have looks, or style, or class, and he's repeatedly getting certain failures shoved in his face (maths fails, heh, forgetting to be skeptic, failing at writing a shitty book and not getting mad cash like Dawkins n' shit), then this becomes an opportunity to see himself as empowered - an extension of what his blog's audience gave him. He is a WHITE HETEROSEXUAL MAN! He is HONESTLY TOTALLY POWERFUL AND SHIT! He can help those coloured folk and those fragile women and those poor LGBT. And they will come to LOVE HIM for totally BEING MASTERFUL AND SHIT.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

And you see the same shit coming out of McWrong with this bullshit about those poor coloureds needing to learn about drugs and incarceration. She wants to be their hero! That's genuinely how she sees herself, and that's how she sees everyone who isn't white. And in the social justice world she gets to play at being both hero and victim, depending on her mood - my feelings are hurting, I'm a victim because I'm a woman! can be transformed into a power burst by looking at other victims.

Okay I'm blarghing now. But goshdarnit. :D

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Al Stefanelli wrote:So, some asshole tried to DCMA the music I've got on my YouTube vids. Not that it matters, I've either got digital rights to everything on my channel, or express written permission to use. As well, the images were all created by me and fall under the fair-use doctrine. YouTube agrees, and the claims were trashed.

What a bunch of fucking losers. They managed to use up about ten minutes of my time. Whoopdefuckindoo...
What a pack of arseholes. More evidence that criticism cannot be tolerated.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I just think it's very human to buy into this simplistic narrative of privilege and oppression by demographic because it plays to our most base impulses for power and protection. And I don't think you need to look much further than that as the reason why it's so insiduous and why the atheist movement, which is fucking full of impotent bleeding heart liberal slactivists, have fallen for it.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Mykeru wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
Greta Christina: one off topic comment.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/ ... eeds-help/
I know there were a lot of people who wanted to contribute when I did my cancer fundraiser, but who didn’t hear about it until I’d raised enough money and stopped the campaign. If any of you still feel inspired to help me out — please help Ed. Ed is pretty much why Freethought Blogs exists: he co-founded it, and he keeps it running every day. Helping him helps me, and it helps everyone else in this network, and it helps everyone who finds this network valuable. Please help if you can. Thanks.
Hey Magic Cancer, why don't you give Ed some of your "pay the mortgage without dipping into your savings" funds?

Scumbag.
"If you missed out on donating money to save the life of a greedy fucking scumbag this year then your luck is in! Ed Brayton is dying of some disease directly related to him being a fat cunt so send him all the cash you were going to send me! I you don't have access to any funds at the moment don't worry... Simply ask Sally Strange how to defraud the welfare system for extra $$$!"

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Good old SJWs. My sister is "one of them". She often tells me how it's fine to refer to pakistanies as "Pakies". They don't mind, because they never tell her they do (upfront).

First sentence to Ali from her visit to our place a few days ago? "Now we have a Polish delicatessen down my flat! You people cook great food!". Try and tell her this is racist.

And yes, I've also had the "black people have great rhythm" shit.

Fuck you, christmas!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

DownThunder wrote:
rayshul wrote:I'm not sure it's what is behind PZ's feminist mania, and I don't honestly feel that many of the FtB men are doing it to seek approval from women. It seems more that they've bought into an ideology and the women themselves don't actually matter at all.
After listening to Reap's anecdotal evidence, its corroborated my opinion of PZ as a straight Ted Haggard. ….

But even I can’t keep up with this shit. Soon breakfast cereal will be misogyny.
Looking that way, isn’t it? Along that line you might be interested in this jaw-dropping post by Zvan where she takes a run at the evo psych argument that rape is an adaptation and on which NoelPlum had a blog post. But while Zvan makes some reasonable criticisms of that perspective and argument, I think she shoots herself in the foot – each of them; several times – by rejecting that claim, apparently without evidence, and making a counter claim that seems little short of a charge – surprise, surprise – of misogyny:
Bad research, research that ignores the data and theories that come from others working on the same topic, does not help end rape. Researchers who do work that is little more than noise and then insist that people pay attention to it and only it are not helping to end rape. In fact, when they publish research that makes untrue claims about rape, these researchers are hampering the fight against rape.

That makes two ways in which bad research on the topic of rape supports the continuance of rape. That, in turn, makes the observation that the researchers doing this research are supporting rape to be the opposite of a fallacy, naturalistic or otherwise.
And how would Zvan know or justifiy that those researchers are making “untrue claims” about rape unless she had positive evidence to the contrary? And asserting that those researchers are actually “supporting rape”, apart being tantamount to bogus charges of misogyny, has to qualify Zvan as a leading contender in the FfTB “Demagogue of the Year” contest.

disumbrationist

Post by disumbrationist »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I didn't follow that "mangina" discussion, but what you quoted sounds as stupid as "gender traitor", "chill girl" or "sister punisher".
No offense intended.
Much...
The sentiment also appears as white supremacists calling their white opponents 'race traitors,' blacks calling other blacks 'uncle Toms' or 'oreos,' Jews calling other Jews 'Self-Hating Jews' for opposing Israeli policies, Gays calling Gays 'Uncle Marys,' Communists calling other Communists 'counter-revolutionaries'...
The (odd) implication is that, by virtue of your identity, you are pre-enrolled in some sort of army, against which you could then be committing 'treason.' One common denominator is that the speakers are vanguardists; they believe that their movement represents the true voice or soul of a large group of people. Because of this, any member of the group that doesn't agree can be accused of treason or inauthenticity, not simple disagreement.
In no case should these terms be taken seriously by anyone as long as they are given out in lieu of a rational response.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

http://wcoa.info/McKen2.jpg
I'm a liberal skeptic, rationalist & third-wave atheist stuck in a rut in Québec, Canada
Unemployed.
and who spends his time composing, writing, drawing,
Unemployed and procrastinating instead of job hunting
harboring a layman’s passion for science and technology,

I have seen nearly every season of Mythbusters
getting angry at social injustices,

I joined the A+ as soon as it was created and have logged in everyday since.
and most of all, jabbing cretins and trolls with sharp pointy sticks.
Trolls constantly humiliate and upset me. I have no idea why I am the target of trolling but I hope this little message deters them as I am getting really, really pissed off with it.

franc

Post by franc »

rayshul wrote:I just think it's very human to buy into this simplistic narrative of privilege and oppression by demographic because it plays to our most base impulses for power and protection. And I don't think you need to look much further than that as the reason why it's so insiduous and why the atheist movement, which is fucking full of impotent bleeding heart liberal slactivists, have fallen for it.
If I repost the link often enough, maybe someday someone will make an effort to read it (not directed at you rayshul) -

http://www.sparknotes.com/philosophy/ge ... ion3.rhtml

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Look out Al. Someone is going to have a talk with you. Zir will be cheekily wearing an A+ scurvyramic.

Don't you know that Shitty-Ramics affect Pitters in the same way crucifixes affect vampires? No....I didn't either.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

rayshul wrote:And you see the same shit coming out of McWrong with this bullshit about those poor coloureds needing to learn about drugs and incarceration. She wants to be their hero! That's genuinely how she sees herself, and that's how she sees everyone who isn't white. And in the social justice world she gets to play at being both hero and victim, depending on her mood - my feelings are hurting, I'm a victim because I'm a woman! can be transformed into a power burst by looking at other victims.

Okay I'm blarghing now. But goshdarnit. :D
You can watch Watson pull some shameless race-cred burnishing on a panel she shared with Siviku Hutchison. She reaches into her YouTube/Reddit/4Chan bag (where else?) and pulls out an egregiously insensitive comment, then concludes many atheist men don't care about African "women of color" because to them, African WoC aren't human!

THOSE atheists don't care, but I DO, which is why I'll never rest until I've brought race enlightenment to every bar in North America.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

franc wrote:
rayshul wrote:I just think it's very human to buy into this simplistic narrative of privilege and oppression by demographic because it plays to our most base impulses for power and protection. And I don't think you need to look much further than that as the reason why it's so insiduous and why the atheist movement, which is fucking full of impotent bleeding heart liberal slactivists, have fallen for it.
If I repost the link often enough, maybe someday someone will make an effort to read it (not directed at you rayshul) -

Oh yes, I've read this and your comments on slave morality. Thandeka(sp?) had a good speech about similar themes which I liked as well.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

franc wrote:

In my defence for not reading it I read your link on "How To Train A Toilet Slave" and was scarred for life.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

codelette wrote:Correction: watchED
Oh, really, more white atheists hanging around places Jen McCreight gets to than non?? That's fucking crazy, dude! There aren't MOAR WHITE PEOPLE in places like the US and UK and it can't also be that there are MOAR WHITE ATHEISTS.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Eucliwood wrote:
codelette wrote:Correction: watchED
Oh, really, more white atheists hanging around places Jen McCreight gets to than non?? That's fucking crazy, dude! There aren't MOAR WHITE PEOPLE in places like the US and UK and it can't also be that there are MOAR WHITE ATHEISTS.
Shit, we'd TOTES come, but we're all in jail or high. :(

:violin:

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Oh what's your ethnicity?

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

More commenting on the video: Yeah, does it really matter the race of people who are atheists? I'll be just fine with atheism becoming "relevant" to more PEOPLE in general. Why should the individual races matter to me? A 'white' atheist convert is just as cool as a black or hispanic atheist convert.

Plop

Post by Plop »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Ok, fair enough. I had never heard of "mangina" (or MRA/MRM for that matter) before the Egate shitstorm. I'm trying very hard to find some French equivalent, but I think it's a lost errand.

Vagimec ?

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Is it just me but all of these guys/girls look soft. Their faces aren't interesting.

They look as though the only real world issues they face is fighting with their Mother to take out the garbage.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

LOL OGOD for real??? yes, most racial minorities are on drugz hurdur. there arent shitloads of white people (only shitloads cos theyre the majority) out there having to make ends meet cos theyre on drugz. those people you see on the corner are all non whites. as well as the people in the intervention shows.
and omg yup, you wanna hit racial minorities up, youre also gonna have to go into prisons

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

I can't believe that bitch posted some shit like that o.o

franc

Post by franc »

rayshul wrote:
franc wrote:

Oh yes, I've read this and your comments on slave morality. Thandeka(sp?) had a good speech about similar themes which I liked as well.
This is where I disagree with many folks, like Astro, even James. I do not think feminism is the primary rot here. It is merely the way the rot expresses itself. You will find many parallels in behaviour with Louis Farrakhan and nation of islam; islamists that are duping well meaning humanists and hijacking liberal the debate in Europe; the various international socialist worker factions, etc. etc. The real problem is just losers with an axe to grind - and playing victim is the best way to grind it. They are all the same - they just find different ways to go about it.

franc

Post by franc »

Michael J wrote:
Is it just me but all of these guys/girls look soft. Their faces aren't interesting.

They look as though the only real world issues they face is fighting with their Mother to take out the garbage.
No, it's not just you. Pudgy pink middle class westerners. No idea of hunger, cold or no roof. Everything always presented on platter. The most infuriating aspect of all.

Miss O Gynist

Post by Miss O Gynist »

I see PZ is caught objectifying women like a misogynistic dirty bird.When questioned about it, he replied... "Idiot, it doesn't count when you're in another country, speak their language, or have Letters with no vowels representing your name. Example.. P.Z, PSI, P.U, and F.U.P.Z.
http://www.jibjab.com/view/DydDy-4YSUW4 ... pid=jj_url :naughty:

sacha

Post by sacha »

welch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: You won't make the list either. Damion only wants real sounding names on the list.
I know that's what he says, but everyone knows my real name is sacha
(and most know my last name - shhhh - silence! - one must not speak it, for it is evil incarnate, and vocalisation of its name, could unlock the gate)
I only want actual names on the list, but cannot bring myself to delete Franc Hoggle.
Do I have to actually take a picture of myself eating a female baby here?

My feeling, you has hurted it.
hahaha!

"I only want actual names on the list"

I think Damon is trying to tell us something.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

"I can read BITCH. I went to college BITCH. You don't like me using the word BITCH? Fuck YOU, BITCH. I fuckin hate me some racist bullshit. I'm a peaceful man but I'mma tell you I hate me some racists. They're the lowest of the low. The lowest fuckin' despicable - people like you and fuckin PZ Myers and fuckin -oh-.. you people are god damn disgusting. (some spanish stuff that I cannot translate) You make a nigga wanna swear in 50 different languages. Take your fucking low expectationass fuckin' home, bitch. Get the fuck out of the atheism business. Go into the feminism business. Try and sell your snake oil to them. (...) Bitch, I felt welcome before. You know where I didn't feel welcome? AtheismPlus forums. Why? Cuz any idea that ain't on the book, that's grounds to get kicked out."

LAST PART IS SO SPICY!!!

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Gefan wrote:Does this get updated regularly? If so, can I get coaching on how to be included next time?
I know that I'm late to the party and everything but I''m willing to take instruction and work hard.
Nope. The list maker is only accepting real sounding names, even obvious pseudonyms (Franc Hoggle) as long as they look like real names. So, my name is not on there, and I'll assume yours won't be allowed either.
comslave wrote:F*ck! I'm not on the list yet! Have to try harder. :shock:
You won't make the list either. Damion only wants real sounding names on the list.
Humpf! What's more 'real sounding' than my name, eh? This list is 'nymist. Check your privilege. Signal. Manoeuvre.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

franc wrote:
Michael J wrote:

No, it's not just you. Pudgy pink middle class westerners. No idea of hunger, cold or no roof. Everything always presented on platter. The most infuriating aspect of all.
Eh, I have no idea of hunger, cold, or no roof either. I'm not pudgy and pink, although I have a bit of pudge. I don't think anyone should be infuriated by people's lack of suffering. Nor should it be brought up when they claim to want to help those that DO. You don't need to suffer yourself to understand the idea of starving, cold, or not having a roof. We should be fine with anyone helping, whether its people who went through it or people who have a brain to know *something* about how it is and use some common sense. So using that argument implies that you inherently cannot unless you have and that people should be hated for it.

franc

Post by franc »

Eucliwood wrote:Eh, I have no idea of hunger, cold, or no roof either. I'm not pudgy and pink, although I have a bit of pudge. I don't think anyone should be infuriated by people's lack of suffering. Nor should it be brought up when they claim to want to help those that DO. You don't need to suffer yourself to understand the idea of starving, cold, or not having a roof. We should be fine with anyone helping, whether its people who went through it or people who have a brain to know *something* about how it is and use some common sense. So using that argument implies that you inherently cannot unless you have and that people should be hated for it.
Have you been told to check your privilege lately? Yes, it does fucking piss me off when these Milquetoasts that grew up with everything subsidised by mommy and daddy go on to sponge off the atheist and skeptic community (because they are "entitled" to), while contributing nothing back to the community other than just pissing all over it, and then also wanting to lecture me about my "privilege".

Yes, I would love to dump them in Sudan with no passports or cellphones.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

franc wrote:
rayshul wrote:
franc wrote:

This is where I disagree with many folks, like Astro, even James. I do not think feminism is the primary rot here. It is merely the way the rot expresses itself. You will find many parallels in behaviour with Louis Farrakhan and nation of islam; islamists that are duping well meaning humanists and hijacking liberal the debate in Europe; the various international socialist worker factions, etc. etc. The real problem is just losers with an axe to grind - and playing victim is the best way to grind it. They are all the same - they just find different ways to go about it.
I don't think it's feminism either - the feminist shit is just one wing of the social justice warrior shite and the easiest one to rile people up about. And the social justice warriors are playing power/victim games because it's easier to shout than address a problem or think about things or even (dare I say it) look at improving oneself to solve it. I mean, fair play, it's some fucking good brainrot, it's a clever little worm, and it feeds the egos and complexes of both the hysterics and the narcissistic. It gives people roles (which people like), it gives them power or victimhood and an opportunity to play powergames, and it gives its own insults and an easy to understand ideology that doesn't require any thought beyond VAGINA MUST PROTECT IT and PENIS IS EVIL BUT POWER YEY.

I'd say they're fucking morons for buying into it, but if I wasn't (by fault of demographic, heh) in their poor fuckhole pile, I might well have chugged on that KoolAid.

Spence

Post by Spence »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:In the MRM a mangina is:

noun

A male feminist, or a male supporter of feminists

"Sometimes referred to as pro-feminist, sell-out or traitor, this pathetic excuse would rather ruin his fellow man's lives with falsehoods and misinformation." DumpYourWifeNow.com

"A male lackey of the feminist hate movement (Usually called a 'male feminist'), who views women as superior to men and always bows down to and agrees with women in an attempt to curry favour, especially his..." UrbanDictionary.com

"Any feminist-leaning thing I've written is predictably met with some men labelling me a "mangina," which one commenter helpfully defined as a man with an "extreme need to seek approval from females to the point of eradicating his own self and becoming a servant eunuch." TheGlobeAndMail.com
I didn't follow that "mangina" discussion, but what you quoted sounds as stupid as "gender traitor", "chill girl" or "sister punisher".

No offense intended.

Much...
Yup, pretty much the first thing that jumped into my mind. As ever, I've no problem with insults - if people want to use them, go for it, but don't be hypocritical about it - if you use mangina, don't complain about gender traitor, and vice versa.

I think I've used mangina once here, but for a different meaning of the word. Time to roll out this vid again!

[youtube]bTT9-YfgeTU[/youtube]

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:My hubby lays into Jennifur

[youtube]HhQA9mLkGmI[/youtube]
I must say that I too am distrustful of white people who seem to go out of their way to prove how not racist they are as they invariably turn out to be far more racist, soft or otherwise, than they present.

I myself don't particularly go out of my way to present my non-racist credentials. For example, I realize I am not racist because I would have no problem allowing your husband to detail my car. That afterwards I would check to make sure the loose change in my console was still there and my hubcaps were all in place is not racist, it's merely being prudent.

As a well-meaning white person I did thoroughly enjoy Ikonographer's video. His forays into referencing things like logic and reason were adorable and reminiscent of wholesome entertainment like Max Link, Secret Chimp where they dressed monkeys up in suits and had them act like people.

My one constructive criticism is that Ikonographer often launched into some sort of savage babble using made-up words like "puta". I think he would be much better served sticking to actual languages like English and thereby make whatever point he was trying to make to get a pat on the head far more accessible to well-meaning white folks.

franc

Post by franc »

Mykeru wrote:As a well-meaning white person I did thoroughly enjoy Ikonographer's video. His forays into referencing things like logic and reason were adorable and reminiscent of wholesome entertainment like Max Link, Secret Chimp where they dressed monkeys up in suits and had them act like people.
That's Lance Link. I have the box set.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Link

No, they did not factor in pot-head appeal when they made that. Nosireebob.

Spence

Post by Spence »

On the topic of lamps for Africa, I see other skeptics were alerted to it and discussing it at the same time as Becky:
how_many_skeptics.jpg
(34.53 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
To be fair, most note that they are questioning the numbers, and use words that recognise they might be wrong (even including Becky) unlike PeeWee who leaps in with both feet claiming fraud. The other irony is that the maths is just fine. What they get wrong is the utility of the light, which they assess through their first world, privileged viewpoint of the light they expect to have in their own home.

Which brings me on to the obvious question: how many skeptics does it take to change a light?

Darren

Post by Darren »

Tony Parsehole wrote: ..."Ed Brayton is dying of some disease directly related to him being a fat cunt"...
Tony... you made me feel like a cunt for laughing my arse off at that. I hope you're happy!

Darren

Post by Darren »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:First sentence to Ali from her visit to our place a few days ago? "Now we have a Polish delicatessen down my flat! You people cook great food!". Try and tell her this is racist.
She probably thinks she's being inclusive.

If only we hadn't killed off all the Nearnderthals... imagine how fun the SJWs would have with a different species of human around!*

* although, given some of them don't even "identify" as human, it probably wouldn't make a great difference.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Don't knock pasketti... it's good shit.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Eucliwood wrote:More commenting on the video: Yeah, does it really matter the race of people who are atheists? I'll be just fine with atheism becoming "relevant" to more PEOPLE in general. Why should the individual races matter to me? A 'white' atheist convert is just as cool as a black or hispanic atheist convert.
That's because you're a racist.

Only a SJW has the ability to see that some races are inferior to others and, therefore, need a leg-up into the world of atheism.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

franc wrote:
Mykeru wrote:As a well-meaning white person I did thoroughly enjoy Ikonographer's video. His forays into referencing things like logic and reason were adorable and reminiscent of wholesome entertainment like Max Link, Secret Chimp where they dressed monkeys up in suits and had them act like people.
That's Lance Link. I have the box set.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Link

No, they did not factor in pot-head appeal when they made that. Nosireebob.
Racist.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

Spence wrote:What they get wrong is the utility of the light, which they assess through their first world, privileged viewpoint of the light they expect to have in their own home.
Yeah, it seems they think "light" means 60w bulb rather than single high intensity LED. I'm kinda into lightweight backpacking, and every ounce counts when you have to carry it 10 miles. As a result, I've got some surprisingly small lights that are LED based, and in pitch black darkness they shine with surprising. They just usually don't have much range since the housing is usually meant to spread it over a wide area.

If it's either no light or a single bright LED with a sandbag attached to it, I'd take the LED.