Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Michael K Gray

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Michael K Gray »

AndrewV69 wrote:Aye. This also remind me of the last time I broke a leg. Guys who lifted the motorcycle off of me did not believe it was broken at first, because I was too calm (not screaming my head off) and too matter of fact.
*laff* I had to roll up my pants so they could see, only then did someone call an ambulence.
How dare you self-diagnose a medical condition when not in possession of (at least) the following qualifications:
MB ChB, BM, BS, LRCPE, LRCSE, LRCPSG, MSc in Osteology & Orthopædics!
Rystefn will be onto you like a ton of bricks for self-diagnosing a medical condition without proper qualifications!

welch

Post by welch »

DownThunder wrote:
justinvacula wrote:I interviewed some women in downtown Scranton, PA asking them what they think of when they hear "creepy man." This was inspired by skepticism surrounding my thoughts of what people consider to be 'creepy men' (largely based on appearance). My thoughts seem to be confirmed.
One meme that gets thrown around in feminist discourse is that "men are not judged by appearance like women are".

The following statement by the woman at 6:30mins says volumes:

"someone who is like....dressed very very poorly, and like sitting in the corner"

-is likely to be put in the same category as someone who has raped a child.

No, women are not judged by appearances the same way men are.
Anyone who thinks men are not judged by appearance needs a smack in the fucking skull. That is SUCH a load of shit, and has been for at least four decades, probably longer. (I've only been aware of things for about four decades, so that's what I'm qualified to comment on.)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

acathode wrote:I'm pretty sure discussions about the joys of ass-fisting was not what he envisioned when he let his friend write a guest post...
Step away from that donkey, sir-ma'am

welch

Post by welch »

bhoytony wrote:Setar must be green with victim-jealousy. He's already tried to claim he's a victim of homophobia and transphobia because of his (very slightly) long hair. Maybe he should try that Half-Fish disability thing too. Mind you although he doesn't have "invisible disability" he does have "unknown issues" which seem to serve in the same way.
I think I may have those too, but as they are unknown I'm not sure.
speaking as someone with longer hair than setar, no one thinks he's gay because of his fucking hair.

Candyguitar

Post by Candyguitar »

This half-fish person is clearly insane, and it shows up in his/her logic. S/h/it was standing around in his/her underwear at a demonstration holding a sign that says this (the image itself):
Pro-lifers think women are fuel cells for fetuses*. Masturbatory toys for men & disposable*. Men who raped me agree.
Rapists are a reliable source of facts now o_O ?

I really doubt this person is going to get the help they need. Given that they think western medicine is some tool of colonial oppression (or something like that), any suggestion that they get psychotherapy/counselling will probably be rebuffed with a claim that it's another brainwashing method by the patriarchy.

welch

Re: Shit Update for Lsuoma

Post by welch »

Mykeru wrote:As Lsuoma was kind enough to share with us his crapping out a baby otter the yesturday, allow me to give my BM report.

Earlier, I was working on my bug-out bag (A camelbak BFM 100 cc hydration pack) and being a little bored I had previously eaten some Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy and Banana Split, which has fermented for an hour or so.

Being involved in trying to figure out exactly where to put my Trangia alcohol stove and accessories and MSR filtration pump, I hardly noticed the faint rumbling in my gut. And when I did, I ignored it.

Suddenly I had a bout of gaseous pre-shit, rather like the priming of a torpedo tube before firing. Almost immediately I was caught in a rank odoriferous fog of pig shit in turpentine with a couple slices of banana thrown in. Rather than being driven from the room I cracked the window and then crawled across the floor, where the air was still breathable to get to one of my old Soviet gas masks.

Looking out the window I noticed a large black bird, apparently a crow that was passing over the building fly through the updraft and immediately stuttered in flight and then went into an uncontrolled barrel roll at a downward angle where it crashed into the glass balcony door of the apartment across the street, where it remained half embedded in a splatter of blood and fluttering feathers.

Mesmerized by this sight, I didn't notice when I blew a respectable turdlet, which I deftly shoot out my pants leg and back-kicked it like a hacky-sack and went back to work.

Updates as events warrant.
Damn. All I had was ten minutes of my ass taking a piss after some spicy spaghetti w/meat sauce.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

HaifischGeweint is two German words meaning, a) "shark" and b) the past tense of "to cry" (so "cried")

Meaning the name would translate into something like "Cried Shark"? My German is lacking. It's also quite ironic that the person complaining about people whining should have a name that would translate into "cried." Yes, you did, Half Fish. Yes you did.

The comments have been disabled now. Ah well. Fun's over.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Pitchguest wrote: Out of interest, what does 'temporarily crippling' oneself imply?
I took it to mean s/h/it was saying that actually working was crippling s/h/it.

welch

Post by welch »

acathode wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Not watched it yet but I'll add my weight to the dogpile of Glasser.
He's a complete knob.
I have a feeling he is defending male infant circumcision because he is a Jew and if he agrees with the statement that "infant mutilation of genitals is child abuse" he would be implicating his parents as child abusers (which, if they mutilated a kids dick for any reason other than a religious one, they would be classed as by the rest of society).
Another reason for defending it is this warped, ultra-feminist reasoning that "male infant circumcision is fine because it's nowhere near as bad as female infant circumcision". I could be wrong on both these points and, like I said, I haven't watched the video yet.
I really, really dislike these atheists/feminists who think male circumcision is ok. I think most agree that FGM is not ok, and in almost all cases worse than male circumcision. At the same time, does anyone think that these people that are ok with male circumcision would be equally ok with a pair of parents asking a plastic surgeon to perform vaginal plastic surgery on their newly born girl, just, well, for the fun of it?

I'm fairly certain most of them would go bananas and demand the parents lose custody. It just screams of hypocrisy to me, where one thing is ok or not, based entirely of the gender of the victim.

Also, another thing, Matt says he's circumcised in the video... I was pretty sure his family was Christian? Is it some sort of american cultural thing that is actually spreading to the non Jewish/Muslim populations? Or is it some special american christian doctrine thing?
jesus, I never got the outrage at it. Yes, it's (mostly) unnecessary, (although there's a lot of conflicting evidence I've read on it), and while I am, my son is not, because well, no knives without a reason. But seriously, while I can't judge sensitivity compared to uncircumcised, because, well, I am, I can say that it's not like I sit at home masturbating my insensate wang with a pad sander, weeping at my inability to feel.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Pitchguest wrote:Meaning the name would translate into something like "Cried Shark"?.
"Cried Wolf" would be more appropriate for these infantile fantasy-land Half-wits.

welch

Post by welch »

Pitchguest wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:What? Seriously...wtf? http://freethoughtblogs.com/crommunist/ ... ment-94829 Is this comment a prelude to yet another reason why Fish-whatever-the-fuck is oppressed or something??
Yeah. Here we have a person who declares fervently that atheists cannot use the term "coming out" because they're not oppressed enough, or not as oppressed, and someone who refuses to acknowledge that atheists can, in fact, be oppressed. Something so trivial as to accept that it happens and move on, and he makes a fucking temper tantrum about it - several - not to mention what words are "accepted" or not (crippled, handicapped) and that you shouldn't use them because they're offensive, well, fuck me, that sounds like a lot of ado about nothing (i.e. whining) and yet ... cheese and wine. Huh. I am error.
WHich is funny, given that southern atheists will tell you how they get shit on for not loving the jeebus.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Altair wrote:He's thinking about locking the thread because Pitchguest is headed where AVFM did, whatever that means. I think you won't be surprised to see who is still trying to get into the cool kids club by talking about the Slymepit
I'm thinking it's probably some reference to the SPLC.

Oh, no! [/Family Guy]

welch

Post by welch »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I don't even know. Is he threatening to shove his fist up my arse or something?

:think:
Perhaps. Then sprinkling the entire affair with gumdrops.
Maybe he's a Caligula fan?

"In the name of the senate and the people of Rome"

Altair

Post by Altair »

Pitchguest wrote:
Altair wrote:He's thinking about locking the thread because Pitchguest is headed where AVFM did, whatever that means. I think you won't be surprised to see who is still trying to get into the cool kids club by talking about the Slymepit
I'm thinking it's probably some reference to the SPLC.

Oh, no! [/Family Guy]
So you're a one-man hate group? you rock!

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote: I can speak somewhat to the "why not just be rational and logical to start". So, in my 'real' life, I have, from time to time, said very rude things to various software ISVs. Adobe. Microsoft, and various indies. In 2008, I wrote a very angry post saying I'd rather be a taste-tester for 2 girls 1 cup part 2 than install CS 3.

At the time I was just pissed off and needed to vent.
I remember reading that rant years ago and LMAO. So you are that guy... small world.
welch wrote: So the problem is, I think, that a lot of times, if you're calm and rational, it comes across as not a big deal. But if you're fucking screeching and foaming at the mouth, shit is real. What it's taught me is that by and large, we need that emotional component to judge seriousness. Which is a shame, because it shouldn't be that way. But the world is what it is, and so, i rant a lot, and get things done.
Aye. This also remind me of the last time I broke a leg. Guys who lifted the motorcycle off of me did not believe it was broken at first, because I was too calm (not screaming my head off) and too matter of fact.

*laff* I had to roll up my pants so they could see, only then did someone call an ambulence.
yeah. My boss has had to explain to our CEO that because of what I do, when shit hits the fan, getting MORE emotional is the worst possible reaction. So when I am dead calm and not even breaking a sweat while a server shits its brains all over the network, it is not because I "don't care" or am "not taking this seriously". It is because becoming MORE calm and rational is the only correct response.

He also pointed out that if you get within about a meter of me in those situations, you will hear a steady stream of the most amazing profanity ever. Our CEO did that once, and I think what he heard was something like "look you drippy-dicked whore, you either snap the fuck out of it or I swear I will fistfuck you with a backhoe wrapped on concertina wire".

I found out later that it almost drove him to talk to a priest. And this guy is from Jersey.

welch

Post by welch »

acathode wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:Sweet baby Jesus...

Half-fish wrote...
A threat? Why would that be a threat? Are you homophobic?

First of all, I don’t know you, and therefore could not possibly establish the required consent to engage in ass-fisting with you, and second of all, by virtue of your response here, I don’t think I could possibly relax enough in your presence to either give or receive such a wondiferous form of sexual gratification.

Thirdly, have you ever put your fist all the way up to the wrist into another human being’s body, for the purpose of consensual sexual gratification? I’ve got to tell you, this “getting turned around” applies equally to ass-fisting as to vaginal fisting — I’m not even talking about a shift in the dynamic of who is receiving and who is giving. Some of the most intense stimulation the recipient receives during either form of fisting, is in fact, when you literally turn your fist around while fully inserted.

As long as we’re going to derail the shit out of this post, we’re doing it as queer as fuck, thank you very much. If you can’t take it, I suggest you leave it be.

I feel a bit like Cartman for laughing at people with obvious mental problems... but seriously, the only reply to that I can think of is: :laughing-rolling:

I think Crommie will shut down that thread rather quickly, I'm pretty sure discussions about the joys of ass-fisting was not what he envisioned when he let his friend write a guest post...
Hey pitchguest: can you do me a favor and ask halfassed if, when fistfucking, does the recipient having vicious runs add or detract? Because I've always wondered that, and I can't be arsed to actually take the time to post. So, since you're over there ANYWAY, just find out if norovirus makes anal fisting even hotter.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

bhoytony wrote:Setar must be green with victim-jealousy. He's already tried to claim he's a victim of homophobia and transphobia because of his (very slightly) long hair. Maybe he should try that Half-Fish disability thing too. Mind you although he doesn't have "invisible disability" he does have "unknown issues" which seem to serve in the same way.
Would Setar be willing to go this far I wonder?
lotussusp.jpg
(117.43 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Would Setar be willing to go this far I wonder?
lotussusp.jpg
I wish I would have had these twonks in my martial arts class. Most people get so whiny about joint locks.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Mykeru wrote: Mesmerized by this sight, I didn't notice when I blew a respectable turdlet, which I deftly shoot out my pants leg and back-kicked it like a hacky-sack and went back to work.

Oh, do keep us informed and up to date on the latest. Just the sort of thing to raise the tone of the place.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Aaaaannnnndddddd...I'm caught up. Now to participate :dance:
superhamzah85 wrote:Matt doesn't really keep up with the stuff. It would almost like complaining Dawkin's doing nothing about VenomFangXs false DMCAs. Not quite that disparity, but you know what I mean...
The main complaint I would make against Matt isn't even so much the position he's taken on the anti-FTB/A+/Skepchick mess (as fucking stupid as it is), it's the way he keeps mention the fact that he isn't aware of a lot of the details involved in the discussion (check out several of his YT videos dealing with anti-FTB/A+ stuff for that) and can't be bothered to check up on them, yet he still feels informed enough to dismiss all those who have taken an anti-FTB/A+ position as largely being loons and creeps. If he hasn't/isn't keeping track of the discussions/info how the fuck can he have anything close to an informed opinion on the subject? His mindset defies rationality on this topic. I'm willing to accept that he's just pigheaded, but that's not saying much in his favor.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Joe wrote:If you look at The Non-Prophets 11.8 (around the 40 mins mark), Russell Glasser is defending male circumcism (or cutting off pink toes! "Maybe..."). This strikes me as total relativism on Glasser's part.
Glasser can have any stupid opinion he wants, what's really laughable is they way, when challenged on his opinions, he puts on a retarded grin and starts asking for the topic to be changed. Real deep thinker that guy is.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Mykeru wrote: Mesmerized by this sight, I didn't notice when I blew a respectable turdlet, which I deftly shoot out my pants leg and back-kicked it like a hacky-sack and went back to work.

Oh, do keep us informed and up to date on the latest. Just the sort of thing to raise the tone of the place.
Quite.
I had made the signal error of assuming that Mykeru et alia were witty.
Yet they display the negative wit of an Anti-Wilde.
Not even half-wits: Witless.

To call their conversation "puerile" would thoroughly insult all normal young boys in primary-school playgrounds.

If I could offer some sage advice to them, it would not be "wear sunscreen".

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

When the fuck was crommunist ever more sensible than not? The first I heard of him was in the comments of one of Loftus' first anti-FTB posts on Debunking Christianity (late last year or early this year[?]) and he came across like an indignant douche then. What I've seen from him since hasn't changed that impression on bit. So why were you guys expect something different here?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

welch wrote:
acathode wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:Sweet baby Jesus...

Half-fish wrote...
A threat? Why would that be a threat? Are you homophobic?

First of all, I don’t know you, and therefore could not possibly establish the required consent to engage in ass-fisting with you, and second of all, by virtue of your response here, I don’t think I could possibly relax enough in your presence to either give or receive such a wondiferous form of sexual gratification.

Thirdly, have you ever put your fist all the way up to the wrist into another human being’s body, for the purpose of consensual sexual gratification? I’ve got to tell you, this “getting turned around” applies equally to ass-fisting as to vaginal fisting — I’m not even talking about a shift in the dynamic of who is receiving and who is giving. Some of the most intense stimulation the recipient receives during either form of fisting, is in fact, when you literally turn your fist around while fully inserted.

As long as we’re going to derail the shit out of this post, we’re doing it as queer as fuck, thank you very much. If you can’t take it, I suggest you leave it be.

I feel a bit like Cartman for laughing at people with obvious mental problems... but seriously, the only reply to that I can think of is: :laughing-rolling:

I think Crommie will shut down that thread rather quickly, I'm pretty sure discussions about the joys of ass-fisting was not what he envisioned when he let his friend write a guest post...
Hey pitchguest: can you do me a favor and ask halfassed if, when fistfucking, does the recipient having vicious runs add or detract? Because I've always wondered that, and I can't be arsed to actually take the time to post. So, since you're over there ANYWAY, just find out if norovirus makes anal fisting even hotter.
I would, but the ass-fisting queer disabled the comments.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Altair wrote: I think you won't be surprised to see who is still trying to get into the cool kids club by talking about the Slymepit
And I had all but forgotten about ice-picking him. :teasing-poke:

Pinker

Post by Pinker »

The collective reaction to discovering Justicar's age in his latest video:

http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/2 ... _large.gif

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Michael K Gray wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Quite.

To call their conversation "puerile" would thoroughly insult all normal young boys in primary-school playgrounds.

Hey, we expanded the discussion to the problem of the homeless lacking "safe spaces" to drop a turdlet down their pants leg without being judged according to the shit-in-private bourgeois standards of privileged excretion.

acathode

Post by acathode »

welch wrote:jesus, I never got the outrage at it. Yes, it's (mostly) unnecessary, (although there's a lot of conflicting evidence I've read on it), and while I am, my son is not, because well, no knives without a reason. But seriously, while I can't judge sensitivity compared to uncircumcised, because, well, I am, I can say that it's not like I sit at home masturbating my insensate wang with a pad sander, weeping at my inability to feel.
I'm not outraged about it, because well, first of all, here it's much of a non-issue, save for the Muslim immigrants who are starting to demand that it be free of charge like other, actual necessary healthcare (which I'm firmly opposed to). Second, because the actual damage it causes seem rather mild in the big picture.

It's just that to me, it's a pretty clear cut case of something that is morally wrong, it invades the bodily autonomy of a person who have no say in the matter, for no real reason whatsoever, other than marking them as a member of a religion (at least here, that's why I'm curious about the reason for american Christians who circumcise their kids).
Cutting of the earlobes of a child serves as a good comparison. Earlobes serves less functionality than the foreskin, and if removed by a professional will leave no unsightly scars. Yet it's, at least to me, pretty clear that parents who have their newborn's earlobes removed is doing something wrong. It's not superbad, it's not child rape or beating them badly, but it's still wrong.

So, again, I'm by no means outraged about it, there are far more important things that are wrong in the world, and people clearly function ok even when circumcised, it's just that it's so obviously wrong to me, probably because we just don't have a history of cutting of body parts of newborns here, so the idea in the first place is so foreign. That, and the underlying hypocrisy where people very likely would freak out if an equivalent medical procedure was done to newborn girls, is why I don't like people who are ok with it.

Also, I just couldn't imagine not having a foreskin, hell, the parts it protects are SENSITIVE, I wouldn't be able to walk properly if someone came and snipped it off!

welch

Post by welch »

Mykeru wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Quite.

Hey, we expanded the discussion to the problem of the homeless lacking "safe spaces" to drop a turdlet down their pants leg without being judged according to the shit-in-private bourgeois standards of privileged excretion.
In terms of importance, being able to take a proper shit wins over the entire internet.

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

Pinker wrote:The collective reaction to discovering Justicar's age in his latest video:

I was like Justicar. I always looked a decade younger than my chronological age. Then I woke up one day and the soufflé had collapsed. :(

It will happen to him too.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

welch wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Quite.

In terms of importance, being able to take a proper shit wins over the entire internet.
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/p ... 458376.jpg

Yup.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Mykeru wrote:Hey, we expanded the discussion to the problem of the homeless lacking "safe spaces" to drop a turdlet down their pants leg without being judged according to the shit-in-private bourgeois standards of privileged excretion.
Get yourself an image consultant with a positive IQ.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Pinker wrote:The collective reaction to discovering Justicar's age in his latest video:

I'm 6 years older and I kept thinking he was way younger than me.

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

ReneeHendricks wrote:

I'm 6 years older and I kept thinking he was way younger than me.
He drinks human blood.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Mykeru wrote:Hey, we expanded the discussion to the problem of the homeless lacking "safe spaces" to drop a turdlet down their pants leg without being judged according to the shit-in-private bourgeois standards of privileged excretion.
Get yourself an image consultant with a positive IQ.
Uh huh. As hard as it will be, I think I will formalize my habit on skipping over your mundane, automaton-like posts.

Ignore list update coming right up.

*Plonk*

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

acathode wrote:Also, I just couldn't imagine not having a foreskin, hell, the parts it protects are SENSITIVE, I wouldn't be able to walk properly if someone came and snipped it off!
This is obviously the clincher when it comes to sensitivity. Cut folks have less sensation.

So many circumcised men go incredibly defensive about their lack of foreskin. They will shout about "smell" (seemingly forgetting that any man who doesn't wash properly will smell!), and how their women "prefer it", and how it "looks nicer". LOL. The justifications are always the same, and they tend to exagerrate the number of sexual encounters they have had with women who always remark how they prefer cut penises!!! Of course, that also suggests women are fickle about the mutilation of men!!!

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
acathode wrote:Also, I just couldn't imagine not having a foreskin, hell, the parts it protects are SENSITIVE, I wouldn't be able to walk properly if someone came and snipped it off!
This is obviously the clincher when it comes to sensitivity. Cut folks have less sensation.

So many circumcised men go incredibly defensive about their lack of foreskin. They will shout about "smell" (seemingly forgetting that any man who doesn't wash properly will smell!), and how their women "prefer it", and how it "looks nicer". LOL. The justifications are always the same, and they tend to exagerrate the number of sexual encounters they have had with women who always remark how they prefer cut penises!!! Of course, that also suggests women are fickle about the mutilation of men!!!
I can guarantee that any woman, (or man as well) that is permissive of circumcision, would be running to the police if they had the same thing done to them as an adult. Its just a lack of empathy in viewing a male infant as being only a minute step away from being fair game for abortion.

If its going to be a cultural branding that persists into the future, it should be an adult arena only, and the males get a knife too. Otherwise it wouldn't be a fair fight would it? Never come across someone who was pro-circumcision, and was willing to do it themselves against someone who could fight back. Cowardly shitstains.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

DownThunder wrote:I can guarantee that any woman, (or man as well) that is permissive of circumcision, would be running to the police if they had the same thing done to them as an adult. Its just a lack of empathy in viewing a male infant as being only a minute step away from being fair game for abortion.
PS. The "same thing" being a non-consensual violation of their bodies.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Saint N. wrote:When the fuck was crommunist ever more sensible than not? The first I heard of him was in the comments of one of Loftus' first anti-FTB posts on Debunking Christianity (late last year or early this year[?]) and he came across like an indignant douche then. What I've seen from him since hasn't changed that impression on bit. So why were you guys expect something different here?
Speaking for myself, at the time I could not recall reading anything by him that would have lumped him into the batshit crazy category.

Of course, that was then. This is now.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

First world problem! Just turned colder and ZOMFG dry skin on my knee! I just noticed!
DSC00826-800x800.JPG
(115.14 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
(yes I habitually sit outside)

welch

Post by welch »

acathode wrote:
welch wrote:jesus, I never got the outrage at it. Yes, it's (mostly) unnecessary, (although there's a lot of conflicting evidence I've read on it), and while I am, my son is not, because well, no knives without a reason. But seriously, while I can't judge sensitivity compared to uncircumcised, because, well, I am, I can say that it's not like I sit at home masturbating my insensate wang with a pad sander, weeping at my inability to feel.
I'm not outraged about it, because well, first of all, here it's much of a non-issue, save for the Muslim immigrants who are starting to demand that it be free of charge like other, actual necessary healthcare (which I'm firmly opposed to). Second, because the actual damage it causes seem rather mild in the big picture.

It's just that to me, it's a pretty clear cut case of something that is morally wrong, it invades the bodily autonomy of a person who have no say in the matter, for no real reason whatsoever, other than marking them as a member of a religion (at least here, that's why I'm curious about the reason for american Christians who circumcise their kids).
Cutting of the earlobes of a child serves as a good comparison. Earlobes serves less functionality than the foreskin, and if removed by a professional will leave no unsightly scars. Yet it's, at least to me, pretty clear that parents who have their newborn's earlobes removed is doing something wrong. It's not superbad, it's not child rape or beating them badly, but it's still wrong.

So, again, I'm by no means outraged about it, there are far more important things that are wrong in the world, and people clearly function ok even when circumcised, it's just that it's so obviously wrong to me, probably because we just don't have a history of cutting of body parts of newborns here, so the idea in the first place is so foreign. That, and the underlying hypocrisy where people very likely would freak out if an equivalent medical procedure was done to newborn girls, is why I don't like people who are ok with it.

Also, I just couldn't imagine not having a foreskin, hell, the parts it protects are SENSITIVE, I wouldn't be able to walk properly if someone came and snipped it off!
Well, in terms of necessary, again, there's some conflict on that. The CDC indicates there is some beneficial protection gained by circumcision. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/malecircumcision/

Note: obviously, I am not a researcher, nor a scientist, nor am I saying the CDC's info is the final word on the subject. Just that the meme of "nothing beneficial gained by it" may not be as true as some people say it is.

welch

Post by welch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

I've been with exactly one woman who cared either way. Most don't, as long as you wash that fucker. The rest...beats me. It's how I've always been, at least in terms of practical memory. I can't say it's better or worse. Things work about as I expect, so it's all good.

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:First world problem! Just turned colder and ZOMFG dry skin on my knee! I just noticed!
DSC00826-800x800.JPG
Love the grampy socks. :-P

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

welch wrote: Note: obviously, I am not a researcher, nor a scientist, nor am I saying the CDC's info is the final word on the subject. Just that the meme of "nothing beneficial gained by it" may not be as true as some people say it is.
I gave my kids the option of doing away with their foreskin when they were adults and could make an informed decision. This is actually something I do feel strongly about, seeing as it was done to me as a baby.

As far as I am concerned, MGM is no less serious than FSM.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

welch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:First world problem! Just turned colder and ZOMFG dry skin on my knee! I just noticed!
DSC00826-800x800.JPG
*chortle* I am wearing a kilt. Would look and feel odd with short socks.

( You can not see them in the picture but I am also wearing a sporren and a sgian-dubh even as we speak. I would not feel proprly dressed without them either).

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote: Note: obviously, I am not a researcher, nor a scientist, nor am I saying the CDC's info is the final word on the subject. Just that the meme of "nothing beneficial gained by it" may not be as true as some people say it is.
I gave my kids the option of doing away with their foreskin when they were adults and could make an informed decision. This is actually something I do feel strongly about, seeing as it was done to me as a baby.

What has Metro Goldwyn Meyer got to do with the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:

Everyone has feelings on it one way or the other I find. I only point out the CDC info as a way to help folks make the most informed decision I can. I've spawned, and made that decision the only time I'll ever have to.

I will say the "I want my son's dick to look like mine" justification always struck me as really fucking stupid. Who the fuck walks up to their kid and says "See son? Your weiner looks just like mine!"

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

welch:
He also pointed out that if you get within about a meter of me in those situations, you will hear a steady stream of the most amazing profanity ever. Our CEO did that once, and I think what he heard was something like "look you drippy-dicked whore, you either snap the fuck out of it or I swear I will fistfuck you with a backhoe wrapped on concertina wire".

I found out later that it almost drove him to talk to a priest. And this guy is from Jersey.
Perhaps you should direct him to FfTB, because if some IT plonk said that to me I would probably prolapse from laughing. Fucking hell, who's been letting 15-year-olds register here? How do you "fistfuck" with anything but a fist, for starters? Fuck me, welch, get a grip (on your backhoe?). You realize the guy only talked to a priest to show him that there were things a grown man could do which were more embarrassing than being a virgin who spends his Sunday mornings in a dress, talking about sex?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Justicar uploads far too much stuff for me to watch it all, much as I like his vids. So how old is he, 40?

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote:
DSC00826-800x800.JPG
*chortle* I am wearing a kilt. Would look and feel odd with short socks.

( You can not see them in the picture but I am also wearing a sporren and a sgian-dubh even as we speak. I would not feel proprly dressed without them either).
just as long as it's not one of those fucking utilikilts. I want to set those on fire while yelling "you're not fucking scottish, you're a fat bastard who thinks this makes him look cool. Stop. It."

welch

Post by welch »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:welch:

Perhaps you should direct him to FfTB, because if some IT plonk said that to me I would probably prolapse from laughing. Fucking hell, who's been letting 15-year-olds register here? How do you "fistfuck" with anything but a fist, for starters? Fuck me, welch, get a grip (on your backhoe?). You realize the guy only talked to a priest to show him that there were things a grown man could do which were more embarrassing than being a virgin who spends his Sunday mornings in a dress, talking about sex?
I think it was mostly due to his image of IT guys as being Comic Book Store guy from the simpsons. Which is hilarious since:

1) My boss played bass in a band, played lollapalooza once IIRC.
2) I was in the military, and can play competent softball/football/volleyball

neither of us are THAT kind of nerd. So i think the image shattering was more of the case. As far as cussing out servers, fuck, i'm not being logical, I'm venting at an overpriced precious metals collection. it just has to show my relative anger level, not be 'correct'.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

welch wrote:just as long as it's not one of those fucking utilikilts. I want to set those on fire while yelling "you're not fucking scottish, you're a fat bastard who thinks this makes him look cool. Stop. It."
Great Scott!! I would never wear of of those things!

franc

Post by franc »

welch wrote:Well, in terms of necessary, again, there's some conflict on that. The CDC indicates there is some beneficial protection gained by circumcision. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/malecircumcision/

Note: obviously, I am not a researcher, nor a scientist, nor am I saying the CDC's info is the final word on the subject. Just that the meme of "nothing beneficial gained by it" may not be as true as some people say it is.
Yes. And that's what they said about tonsils, adenoids and appendixes. You could also say there are health benefits in removing all your fingernails (less places for nasty germs and dirt to hide). I seem to remember this idiotic practice originated in the mid east due to problems caused by sand getting under the foreskin, which I would imagine is painful and a good way to get some pretty bad infections. But we're not tent dwelling camel herders any more. Funnily enough, the several American women I've had intimacies with all had a fascination with my foreskin - they loved playing with it. Which is fair. I loved playing with their flaps.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

franc wrote:I seem to remember this idiotic practice originated in the mid east due to problems caused by sand getting under the foreskin, which I would imagine is painful and a good way to get some pretty bad infections.
A complete myth.
An old wive's tale.

No: circumcision of male infants arose SOLELY as an unfakeable tribal shibboleth.
Prove you are a Jew? Drop your daks.
Simple as that, and nothing more.
Anyone outside of the Jewish tribes would have been killed if revealed as circumcised.

The "hygiene" hypothesis is one of those bollocks "just so" stories told by the ignorant to the uneducated.
How did the Arabs not die out, if it were the case?

welch

Post by welch »

franc wrote:
welch wrote:Well, in terms of necessary, again, there's some conflict on that. The CDC indicates there is some beneficial protection gained by circumcision. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/malecircumcision/

Yes. And that's what they said about tonsils, adenoids and appendixes. You could also say there are health benefits in removing all your fingernails (less places for nasty germs and dirt to hide). I seem to remember this idiotic practice originated in the mid east due to problems caused by sand getting under the foreskin, which I would imagine is painful and a good way to get some pretty bad infections. But we're not tent dwelling camel herders any more. Funnily enough, the several American women I've had intimacies with all had a fascination with my foreskin - they loved playing with it. Which is fair. I loved playing with their flaps.
how nice.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

welch wrote:
franc wrote:

how nice.
Fainting couch is over there, cupcake.

franc

Post by franc »

Michael K Gray wrote:No: circumcision of male infants arose SOLELY as an unfakeable tribal shibboleth.
Prove you are a Jew? Drop your daks.
Simple as that, and nothing more.
Anyone outside of the Jewish tribes would have been killed if revealed as circumcised.

The "hygiene" hypothesis is one of those bollocks "just so" stories told by the ignorant to the uneducated.
How did the Arabs not die out, if it were the case?
Perfectly aware of the history Michael, and thanks for wanting to enlighten the stupid. But, muslims now circumcise all their children too and the nonsense has spread to most of the xtian world - only eastern orthodox don't seem to mutilate cocks by default. I was pointing out where the "health" justification may have had its roots.

sacha

Post by sacha »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
welch wrote:
franc wrote:

how nice.
Fainting couch is over there, cupcake.
hahaha!

acathode

Post by acathode »

I'm aware of the HIV/AIDS argument, but I have trouble accepting it as a serious argument, since it doesn't apply to kids, and since HIV/AIDS just isn't the same kind of problem in the western world as it is in Africa (where most of the studies used as an argument was done).

If an adult want a circumcision, for protection against some STDs, that's up to him, I don't mind, for all I care an adult can split his willy in two and stick nails in it until it looks like two hedgehogs, still not my business. My only business is that the only one who get to make that choice, is the owner of said willy when he is old enough to make such a decision.
His parents, his doctor, his holy man, they can all play with their own junk, but hands of the kids.

sacha

Post by sacha »

bhoytony wrote:
acathode wrote:

Also, another thing, Matt says he's circumcised in the video... I was pretty sure his family was Christian? Is it some sort of american cultural thing that is actually spreading to the non Jewish/Muslim populations? Or is it some special american christian doctrine thing?
AS far as I know the majority of Septics are circumcised. I remember when I was a kid and my cousins from the US came to visit I was gobsmacked when they undressed at bedtime. I thought they were fucking mutants or something. I'd never seen anything like that before.
hahaha! It is very strange.

Seems it's just another bizarre Merkin culture thing.