Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
rayshul

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by rayshul »

Also interesting if it hasn't been posted here yet...

http://skepticink.com/backgroundprobabi ... um=twitter

comslave

Post by comslave »

justinvacula wrote:http://gravityswings.wordpress.com/2012 ... out-women/
If you are a woman writing about atheism (or anything else, really) on the internet, expect abuse. Expect lots of abuse from people like Justin Vacula, or worse. Expect rape threats, death threats, and obsessive stalkers. Expect the worst humanity has to offer directed right at you, because it will happen. And if you don’t think you can handle it, you should probably take some precautions. Consider disabling comments on your blog, consider not making your email account public knowledge, only friend people that you know and trust on Facebook, etc.
I call poe.

I don't call poe. I call entitlement. Anyone else who runs a blog gets abuse. It's the freakin internet. It's just some people feel entitled that it should not be that way. These are the people who were raised to be mommy and daddy's perfect little baby and never really left the crib.

Tough. Can't have free speech without the nasty bits. hide your email and shut off comments if you don't like it.

Where I get my laughs is that it seems to be the people most spewing the hatred and bile who are most complaining when it comes back at them. They feel entitled to call names of everyone, and not have a few names thrown back at them.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Sorry I seem to be dropping by a lot, posting nondescript links, and running away again - blargh. The first link is some A+ wank where Setar is the target for once (oh the lulz, apparently he's a RACIST, but he blames not having enough food) and the second is Dam1on (not quite sure what's letters and what's numbers in that name) comparing A+ to the 'pit.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

rayshul wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... &start=600

Well reading that was an education. No wait the other thing.
rayshul wrote:Sorry I seem to be dropping by a lot, posting nondescript links, and running away again - blargh. The first link is some A+ wank where Setar is the target for once (oh the lulz, apparently he's a RACIST, but he blames not having enough food) and the second is Dam1on (not quite sure what's letters and what's numbers in that name) comparing A+ to the 'pit.
Precious. Setar getting hoisted on xir own petard + small implosion in the movement as - yet again - some of the people who most vociferously protect their own special area of victimhood and accuse others - sometimes in big red letters, Setar's specialty - of not checking their privilege themselves manage to thoughtlessly tread on the special territory of another group.

Setar is called out by others as having made a play on someone's name that Imagination Theory saw as racist.

Mods weigh in. Maiforpeace says "I don't see Asian racism in this statement." SubMor allows as how "...I didn't read it as racist. I see it as a grey area, and since you see it as racist, I don't mind acting on this in the future."

Feminist Whore (hey, I didn't make it up) says:
Re: Are the moderators here censorious, capricious and biased

Postby FeministWhore » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:37 am
Jesus Fuck I cannot believe this shit.

Nobody gives a fuck what any of you 'hear it as'. It's racist as shit.

Remember that shit about 'how to be more than a white people's movement'?

Holy crap.

And the tone policing. Shit.

ETA: because the fact is this in-group protecting shit has got to stop, is Setar going to get any official warnings for this shit the way any other person would? Setar should know better. Or is it more of that 'let's be nice to people who want to try' crap that I saw earlier on this thread? Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.
Setar says " If it's racist then yes I will retract it, but I'd like to have it on better authority than a white person's"...

...then Imagination Theory, the person xe was busily not apologizing to, says "I'm not white". Then Setar backs down.

Even once the situation calms down, Setar doesn't want to say xe "gets it now" because that would feel like a forced apology, which xe was forced to give as a kid so this is bringing up old trauma for xir too: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 625#p44178

Precious.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

A+

Like dancing in a minefield. Even when youre an "ally" - which just means that youre not on the A list of whipping boys.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Seriously. If you want to see completely moronic statements, check out http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... -opponents.

The replies are just completely idiotic and without any sort of fact basis. Skeptics my ass.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Setar wrote: If it's racist then yes I will retract it, but I'd like to have it on better authority than a white person's...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are times I wonder whether A+ers are really this oblivious about the words they write or if some really intricate Andy Kaufman level shit is being pulled on us all.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Sometimes I honestly do feel like riding in to A+ town and acting like Militant Black Man.

SPADE?!?!?!?!?!??!!!??! WHO ARE YOU CALLING A SPADE!?!?!?!?!?!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Ding dong.

DING DONG?

THAT BELL IS RACIST!!!!!

I'M HAVING MOTHERFUCKING FLASHBACKS OMFG

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I may be drunk.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

This man rox my fucking boat: [youtube]k0fMMhbbea8[/youtube]

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Seriously. If you want to see completely moronic statements, check out http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... -opponents.

The replies are just completely idiotic and without any sort of fact basis. Skeptics my ass.
I can't bear to weigh in over there; SZ's post is nauseatingly self-centered and the responses from her sycophants don't improve the situation.

I've done some editing to shorten it somewhat, and clarify:
Stephanie Zvan wrote:At CSICon last weekend, I [sucked up] to Ron Lindsay. ...

In reply, Ron noted that he doesn’t read everything I write and doesn’t agree with me on everything he reads. However, what he does read is well-reasoned, and that’s important [to MEEEEEE!!!!].

It was one of the better compliments I’ve had in a while. it made me want to sit down with him and hash out our differences. I wanted to know which of our disagreements are matters of priorities and constituencies and which are substantive [besides which I like using big words].

We didn’t do that. There was a conference to be run and tweeted and enjoyed [and he didn't have the time to spare to stroke my ego some more]. But I definitely found it tempting [even though there's no indication he would have been interested in continuing the conversation].

One of the great ironies of my current blogging life is that [everyone - except my sycophants - asserts] that I don’t want or can’t handle disagreement when what I enjoy more than anything are opponents who can challenge me [but only on my terms]. I want people who can engage with my ideas [and praise me for them], find holes in my thinking [but only little ones, while praising me for my reasoning], present me with information I haven’t already considered [as long as it doesn't embarrass me because then I'd have to leave their post in moderation or even ban them].

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

DownThunder wrote:A+

Like dancing in a minefield...
No kidding. Over at the atheismplus subreddit, some guy starts a thread with this:

http://i.imgur.com/jqIbD.png

An APlusser wants to disagree with him. BUT, before he does, he feels this preamble is necessary:

http://i.imgur.com/SlvGr.png

The mental energy these weebles use parsing each others posts into atomic bits and combing through their own to remove inadvertent offense has to be draining. It's no wonder they're always crabby, they must be chronically exhausted.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:
ERV wrote:
Add 'creme brulee' to the list of absurd things my dog loves (incidentally, he also loves Indian food-- Hotter the better. ?????)
Or try the Curry Hell by Lord Latif of Harpole. I never got up to Bigg Market myself, but at least two of my friends retired hurt from the battleground. This would be well familiar to Vizonauts...
Poor Abdul. Died a few years back didn't he?

Never tried the Curry hell yet but I would fucking demolish it. I have been eating Phall since I was in school and I reckon it would have to be borderline poison to faze me.
Does anybody else get a "hot Japs-eye" from the first piss after eating a mega hot curry? It's only recently stated happening and it's....Worrying.

birdterrifier

Post by birdterrifier »

I know I grow incredibly weary as a parse my words over at FTB. But even after all that effort I still wind up in moderation mode. They don't like sarcasm, I guess?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Mykeru wrote:From GenuineWitty's Blog where he rightly disavows all knowledge of my shenanigans.

http://www.genuinewitty.com/wp-content/ ... 87x300.jpg

Amusing:

Sasha Wiley-Shaw was merely an observer.

She went there for "safety reasons" to videotape. Sounds like a reasonable precaution when there's a couple dozen people with boxcutters against one guy putting up "propaganda". You know, to video tape it. Just in case.

Isn't "propaganda" covered under Charter Rights?

I would have far more respect for Sasha if s/h/it wasn't queen of passive-aggressive proxy.
I love this bit that keeps cropping up in the baboon narrative: "He is associated with "A Voice For Men. A known hate site!".......No. No it's not. If I was going to pay attention to anything the Southern Poverty Law Centre says (and I don't see why I should considering it's a non-government organisation in a different country to me) then I would take note that they admitted they were WRONG in their categorisation of AVFM as a hate site. CreepyBitterGirl knows this. Brownian knows this. All the baboons know this but they still bang on about AVFM as if posting there makes you a sex offending racist.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

rayshul wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... &start=600

Well reading that was an education. No wait the other thing.
Love it. Takes some reading but it all boils down to "I called you racist and you denied it. Just say "sorry, I didn't know I was racist" and I'll forget about it".

All the trolls have been banned so they will have to eat each other.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Lsuoma wrote:Phil "Nice Guy" Giordano
It's Giordana, mother fucker! Do I call you Lsuomo? No? Didn't think so!

How's that for "nice guy"? (ok, I'm trying, but it's really hard*.)

*That's what she said!**

**Is that misogynist?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Setar, on why he finds it difficult to apologise when he is wrong:
For some reason, when I get really irritable I just absolutely hate doing anything like that. It feels really scripted and showy. Might be in part because I had to make many forced apologies as a kid.

I fucking hate forced apologies, IMO they only damaged my ability to actually apologize.
Fuck of Seatr you bellend. You hate forced apologies? Bullshit. You love them. That's why you make so many demands for people to apologise.

I fucking loathe Setar. Absolutely fucking loathe him. Setar the shit-crumb. Setar the hysterical blob of rectal mucous. Setar the fucking cunt.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Everything you need to know about Stefunny Svan's attitude to basic human decency can be found in the comment section of the notorious 'Private Letter to Salty Current' post that Greg Laden posted a couple of years back.

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2010/ ... alty-curr/

You know that game consisting of a twisty metal hoop around which you must guide another metal loop that is connected by wire to the base. If the pieces touch before you reach the end, an electrical contact is formed and a buzzer sounds. The aim is to slowly negotiate the small loop around the twists and turns until you reach the end. A steady hand is required lest you begin to shake and accidently set off the buzzer.

Well, think of Greg's ridiculously misogynistic and disgusting accusations of anti-semitism as the hoop.
In one way Svan's performance in that thread is almost commendable. Not once does she come close to the wire, despite the fact that Greg is intent on behaving with all the finesse of a drunken giraffe on a pogo stick.

The thread is also funny for the fact that several members of the current FTB horde point out the rather obvious point that there appears to be literally nothing that Greg will do that will result in Svan criticising him.
I'm beginning to suspect that Greg's promised her a kidney.

The other weird thing about that thread is that you spot new things every time you read it.

I only recently realized that Greg, towards the end of the thread, accidently outs the fact that he's sock-puppeted on the thread in order to call Salty a bitch and an anti-semite.

Steff, we know you read here.

Explain why you didn't call out Gregs disgusting behavior on that thread.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

You want me to apologise?

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT TRIGGERS ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

rayshul wrote:You want me to apologise?

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT TRIGGERS ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
"Calling me a racist is stalking!"

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Setar, on why he finds it difficult to apologise when he is wrong:
For some reason, when I get really irritable I just absolutely hate doing anything like that. It feels really scripted and showy. Might be in part because I had to make many forced apologies as a kid.

I fucking hate forced apologies, IMO they only damaged my ability to actually apologize.
Fuck of Seatr you bellend. You hate forced apologies? Bullshit. You love them. That's why you make so many demands for people to apologise.

I fucking loathe Setar. Absolutely fucking loathe him. Setar the shit-crumb. Setar the hysterical blob of rectal mucous. Setar the fucking cunt.
Revolutions eat their own children; but A+Theism is setting a world speed-record in cannibalism!

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Michael K Gray wrote:Revolutions eat their own children; but A+Theism is setting a world speed-record in cannibalism!
Now youre just othering them, racist imperialist!

http://i.imgur.com/rzQz9.png

cunt

Post by cunt »

If you follow that back it turns out that Setar is tired and hungry after a gruelling day asking a question at some political meeting. Then he hit a bong at 4:20 in the afternoon and was presumably too stoned to go and get food.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

DownThunder wrote:
The worst thing about cannibalism is that it may be racist.

Next week "Sexism In Pedophilia: Why do our child molesters prefer boys over girls?"

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:If you follow that back it turns out that Setar is tired and hungry after a gruelling day asking a question at some political meeting. Then he hit a bong at 4:20 in the afternoon and was presumably too stoned to go and get food.
Whereas most of us "privileged male misogynists" were probably at work all fucking day. A bong! I'd love a bong! Alas my privilege of working and looking after the kids in my free time won't allow it.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

windy wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:Mentioned in Amis's Koba the Dread is the Russian given name 'Johnreed' after the author of Ten Days that Shook the World. When the book fell out of favour - for not mentioning Stalin enough - being called 'Johnreed' was a passport to the gulag
Interesting, I've read Amis's book but I don't recall the given name thing, I checked again but could only find a reference to the book being banned for the reason you mention. Are you sure it was in Stalin for Dummies Koba the Dread?
If it's not in Koba it's in House of Meetings

cunt

Post by cunt »

The only instance of consensual cannibalism i've ever heard of involved a couple of white guys. Chopped his dick off, ate it and then killed the guy with his full permission. Germans...

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Bugger, quote fail. My bit was:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

DownThunder wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:Revolutions eat their own children; but A+Theism is setting a world speed-record in cannibalism!
Now youre just othering them, racist imperialist!

Some people don't have Google? Or Wikipedia? I feel privileged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:German_cannibals

I limited my search to Germany because it's the only western case (Meiwes) I could remember.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:The only instance of consensual cannibalism i've ever heard of involved a couple of white guys. Chopped his dick off, ate it and then killed the guy with his full permission. Germans...
Mocked to perfection by The I.T. Crowd.
[youtube]KOUobuGaY7U[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

real horrorshow wrote:Bugger, quote fail. My bit was:
Yup, that's the one linked in my previous comment.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Wrong quote, I was responding to:
The only instance of consensual cannibalism i've ever heard of involved a couple of white guys. Chopped his dick off, ate it and then killed the guy with his full permission. Germans...

franc

Post by franc »

cunt wrote:The only instance of consensual cannibalism i've ever heard of involved a couple of white guys. Chopped his dick off, ate it and then killed the guy with his full permission. Germans...
Armin Meiwes. Apparently there is quite a thriving consensual cannibalism community online - which has now been driven underground by the Meiwes persecution. Mostly weenies that don't go through with it. As usual. Miewes' story has been presented in stomach churning detail here -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910548/

franc

Post by franc »

Cannibal Cafe on Way Back machine -

http://web.archive.org/web/200210021008 ... forum.html

franc

Post by franc »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I guess you missed this event. Where a Japanese man, 22, cooks his own genitals and serves them up to paying guests at a dinner party

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/ ... 68x579.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uests.html
Mao Sugiyama cooked his own genitalia and garnished them with mushrooms and parsley
Five guests paid around £160 each for the meal
Sugiyama, 22, who is asexual, voluntarily underwent surgery to have his penis removed

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Andrew: he's Japanese, so it is racist stereotype regarding cannibalism.

Also, faster than Franc for once about Miewes!

franc

Post by franc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Andrew: he's Japanese, so it is racist stereotype regarding cannibalism.

Also, faster than Franc for once about Miewes!
By a page refresh. But yeah - Miewes case is funny. Where is the crime? Consenting adults merely taking the dom/sub game to its logical limit. What is more submissive than volunteering to be eaten? And domination, doing the eating.

There is also the strange case of Issei Sagawa who became a minor celebrity in Japan for his cullinary adventures (though his were definitely not consensual) -

[youtube]BosZxa1bYcE[/youtube]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Andrew: he's Japanese, so it is racist stereotype regarding cannibalism.
I thought it was racist to imply that only Germans were into cannibalism, so I was trying to show that at least one other race were capable of it.

I would have used the highland Scots as an example of another race of cannibals (we eat haggis so clearly we are capable) but what happens in the glenn stays in the glenn so it is not proven.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Also, faster than Franc for once about Miewes!
You must be so proud ...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

AndrewV69 wrote:
I thought it was racist to imply that only Germans were into cannibalism, so I was trying to show that at least one other race were capable of it.

I would have used the highland Scots as an example of another race of cannibals (we eat haggis so clearly we are capable) but what happens in the glenn stays in the glenn so it is not proven.
I love Haggis, and Ali's brother is arriving in Nice in about 2 hours with a bagfull (it's quite hard to come upon Haggis around here). *drools*
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Also, faster than Franc for once about Miewes!
You must be so proud ...
You can't even start to imagine... :p

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

franc wrote:By a page refresh. But yeah - Miewes case is funny. Where is the crime? Consenting adults merely taking the dom/sub game to its logical limit. What is more submissive than volunteering to be eaten? And domination, doing the eating.
It does seem strange that it's illegal when things like this exist in the world:

[youtube]2NzUm7UEEIY[/youtube]

windy

Post by windy »

thanks!
Tony Parsehole wrote:
The worst thing about cannibalism is that it may be racist.
No, just that talking about it might be racist. Maybe the Mbaka pygmies who appeal to stop other tribes from cannibalising them are just "framing" it wrong too:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2933524.stm

franc

Post by franc »

DownThunder wrote:
franc wrote:By a page refresh. But yeah - Miewes case is funny. Where is the crime? Consenting adults merely taking the dom/sub game to its logical limit. What is more submissive than volunteering to be eaten? And domination, doing the eating.
It does seem strange that it's illegal when things like this exist in the world:

[youtube]2NzUm7UEEIY[/youtube]
Stomach churning. I am more terrified of processed food than pretty much anything else. I like to know my food is food - I know how my meat is killed and I know who butchers it. Two steps removed from the pasture. Anything more and I try to avoid it.

franc

Post by franc »

franc wrote:
DownThunder wrote:

youtube - 2NzUm7UEEIY
Stomach churning. I am more terrified of processed food than pretty much anything else. I like to know my food is food - I know how my meat is killed and I know who butchers it. Two steps removed from the pasture. Anything more and I try to avoid it.
Everyone dogpile on franc - the prick forgot to remove the vid.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

cunt wrote:If you follow that back it turns out that Setar is tired and hungry after a gruelling day asking a question at some political meeting. Then he hit a bong at 4:20 in the afternoon and was presumably too stoned to go and get food.
Xe must be BANNINATED from the A+ forum for six hours, so that xe can go to the grocery store without being oppressed by the internetz.

Arya Stark

Post by Arya Stark »

The crime is, that voluntary euthanasia is illegal in Germany... and even if we would legalize assisted suicide, I bet this would not include eating body parts of the deceased person.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Mykeru wrote:From GenuineWitty's Blog where he rightly disavows all knowledge of my shenanigans.

http://www.genuinewitty.com/wp-content/ ... 87x300.jpg

Amusing:

Sasha Wiley-Shaw was merely an observer.

She went there for "safety reasons" to videotape. Sounds like a reasonable precaution when there's a couple dozen people with boxcutters against one guy putting up "propaganda". You know, to video tape it. Just in case.

Isn't "propaganda" covered under Charter Rights?

I would have far more respect for Sasha if s/h/it wasn't queen of passive-aggressive proxy.
I love this bit that keeps cropping up in the baboon narrative: "He is associated with "A Voice For Men. A known hate site!".......No. No it's not. If I was going to pay attention to anything the Southern Poverty Law Centre says (and I don't see why I should considering it's a non-government organisation in a different country to me) then I would take note that they admitted they were WRONG in their categorisation of AVFM as a hate site. CreepyBitterGirl knows this. Brownian knows this. All the baboons know this but they still bang on about AVFM as if posting there makes you a sex offending racist.
They repeat it because it's convenient and gives them a rational for tearing down posters and going after people like me and Justin Vacula for being "associated". Of course, if you are not on board with them, or their methods, then you must be their mental stereotype of anyone in opposition to them. Not for nothing, but in the video of the poster tear down, one of the goons claimed A Voice For Men asserted that men are smarter than women. Where? I've never seen it. However, isn't that the sort of thing a misogynist would say? They assert that which they are trying (or trying to look like they're trying) to prove.

And, with that, let me dump this right here:

[youtube]XgkbR6fzrZA[/youtube]

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I never trusted hot dogs. I don't know if I can ever eat anything that doesn't look like the animal it is meant to be again.

Liberia and the Congo have a bit of a cannibalism problem at the moment.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Soylent Green.

TFJ

Post by TFJ »

ERV wrote:
HOLY SHIT. Twatson got a cute outfit + makeup and a guest spot on SNL as a 'social media expert'. I am NOT joking. Sorry non-USers: HULU

Though I have to be honest, she looks a lot better than Ive ever seen her before.

My browser can bypass the region restriction on the Daily Show but alas, didn't work on this one. I'm guessing it wasn't <i>actually</i> her, right?
TWITTER | BLOG
Tunnelbear VPN. Free 500Mb per month. Install and run when needed.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

rayshul wrote:I never trusted hot dogs. I don't know if I can ever eat anything that doesn't look like the animal it is meant to be again.

Liberia and the Congo have a bit of a cannibalism problem at the moment.
Cannibals love hot dogs.

http://i.imgur.com/5OgTc.jpg

It rubs the mustard on its skin...

http://i.imgur.com/yp3mN.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

@Ape-Lust
I reviewd your picture for you. You need to check a few privileges.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8058/8157 ... f87f_b.jpg

Post by Guest »

Holy shit, lost it so hard at "ABLEISM", hahaha.

Does anyone think that they're starting to get worried on the FtB back-channels about how batshit crazy the proponents are revealing themselves more and more to be? I feel like some of them secretly hope that it will just fade into inactivity because of how damaging it is for the 'brand' or their credibility.

Also, Setar had to check his privilege? That's beautiful.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Does anyone think that they're starting to get worried on the FtB back-channels about how batshit crazy the proponents are revealing themselves more and more to be? I feel like some of them secretly hope that it will just fade into inactivity because of how damaging it is for the 'brand' or their credibility.
*Raises hand*

The Many Worries Of Setar, King of All Knobs http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2698
by Setar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:22 am
So I'm watching MSNBC, and at one point the segment is simply Alex Wagner (hosting) talking to Melissa Harris-Perry. For those who don't know, both are women and both are black.

Looking at their faces I couldn't fucking shake the feeling that their skin was too white. Like they'd been made up (and, likely, the lighting was also set up) in such a way that they would look whiter. Maybe not so much with Alex, but the lighting on Melissa's face was...argh, I just can't put my finger on it, but skin is not supposed to be that shiny. It seriously looked like makeup, and was really really bothering me.

I dunno. Does this happen, or is this just me/my TV?
HOLY SOCIAL JUSTICE BATMAN!! A black woman looks too white and shiny and that really, REALLY bothers Setar! To the Failmobile!!

Setar. If you read this then, sincerely, seek help.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tony Parsehole wrote:@Ape-Lust
Oh SHIT. Consider my privileges checked! Checking my fly, too.

You missed corporate scientism.

Oscar Mayer has a way,

With re-com-bi-nant D-N-A.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Tony Parsehole wrote:@Ape-Lust
And 1 brand-new internet for you Tony! Excellent.

JAB

Post by JAB »

Mykeru wrote: They'd modify my hammock? That would be very cool. I would even overlook their Jesus Freakdom.

The sleeping bag is a must. The hammock can get colder than hell any time after dead of summer.
I prefer an underquilt... 2 inches of down filled goodness strapped under the hammock so it doesn't get compressed is way warmer and more comfortable than a sleeping bag. It's too hard to even get into a bag in the hammock. Then a open bag or top quilt on top and you're in for a nice night's sleep. I've had my current system work well down to about -5C, but have plans to go colder when I get the hammock back soon. I've discovered the joys of colder camping... the cold doesn't bother me too much but it really appears to bother the bugs. I hate bugs. Not as keen on the short days, but if I can find some firewood and have a good book or two loaded onto my Kobo, I'm happy.

Re the jesus freak nature of 2qzq... yeah well, I have to bite my tongue with backpacking types a lot. I don't know what it is, but they seem a pious lot. Maybe it's that they aren't as urban? BTW, I got zipper mod 4 so I can get the bug net completely out of the way... it always makes me a bit claustrophobic.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
by Setar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:22 am
So I'm watching MSNBC, and at one point the segment is simply Alex Wagner (hosting) talking to Melissa Harris-Perry. For those who don't know, both are women and both are black.

Looking at their faces I couldn't fucking shake the feeling that their skin was too white. Like they'd been made up (and, likely, the lighting was also set up) in such a way that they would look whiter. Maybe not so much with Alex, but the lighting on Melissa's face was...argh, I just can't put my finger on it, but skin is not supposed to be that shiny. It seriously looked like makeup, and was really really bothering me.

I dunno. Does this happen, or is this just me/my TV?
HOLY SOCIAL JUSTICE BATMAN!! A black woman looks too white and shiny and that really, REALLY bothers Setar! To the Failmobile!!
Your TV has a brightness control, Setar. Work it until they look properly black. They'll be so grateful.

Then go in the bathroom and stick your head in the toilet.