Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Gumby »

Mykeru wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Mykeru wrote: P.S. I know "at least one new post has been made to this topic". I wish to review fuck all in light of this. Fuck you right in the urethra, naggy BB bullshit.
This is a setting in your control panel. Go and fix it.

Thank you, guess I should have checked. I hate that nagging as well.
Fuck you, privileged, do-gooder mansplaining bastard. I didn't say I want to change it. I just want to complain about it oppressing me.
Oh, I see, you're not a 'Pitter, you're a 'Pitter+. My bad.

soldierwhy

Post by soldierwhy »

Lsuoma wrote:Also enabled "Quick Reply" which gives you a reply box without bells and whistles.
I don't suppose there's the option for an edit button as well?

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

John Greg wrote:munkhaus, shit, I really really never thought I'd see myself say this, especially to you, but if you are so god damned morally affronted by Rystefn's lifestyle, either go write a fucking bible, or shut the fuck up. Just shut the fuck up.
Hoho. Like "Stop. Just. Stop."?
Don't understand why you're upset John. Some numbnut waving around how much of a BDSM hero he is, and that he'd happily shag his best pal's missus deserves a little ridicule in my opinion. Especially looking at the state of him. "Hey! I fuck chicks man!!" - what a legend.

But it is horribly dull, so apologies to everyone else.
Happy days.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

soldierwhy wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Also enabled "Quick Reply" which gives you a reply box without bells and whistles.
This was discussed when the board started. Without edit, there's no going back and changing things. We gotta stand by our werdz. I like it, although there's a couple of posts I wish I hadn't written.

Post by Guest »

cunt wrote: 1)Judgement. I don't care if someone spent their entire food budget on chips and cupcakes. It's not your fucking business.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!

That is the funniest thing ever!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Gumby wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Mykeru wrote: P.S. I know "at least one new post has been made to this topic". I wish to review fuck all in light of this. Fuck you right in the urethra, naggy BB bullshit.

Fuck you, privileged, do-gooder mansplaining bastard. I didn't say I want to change it. I just want to complain about it oppressing me.
You see that? You see s/h/it oppressing me? Now I'm going to have to lay one the cool tile behind the toilet curled up in a fetal position crying and smelling my own ass while wanking and dreaming of a world filled with perfect peace, justice, pretty ponies where anyone deemed privileged, smarter and more capable then myself is given a mock trial and a summary execution with a 100% organic fair trade 7.62 to the back of the head.

Gimme a dollar for my uterus, dammit.

acathode

Post by acathode »

franc wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Rebecca Watson's theme song?
No, that would be this -

D3A-HsPIMuo
Is this the official FTB theme song then?
[youtube]lAb8SZUE8Eo[/youtube]

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Guest wrote:
cunt wrote: 1)Judgement. I don't care if someone spent their entire food budget on chips and cupcakes. It's not your fucking business.

Sorry, that was me not logged in laughing at what Cunt quoted. They sound pretty defensive about the idea of spending "their entire food budget on chips and cupcakes". :lol:

Bella Fortuna

Post by Bella Fortuna »

Guest wrote:

Not as amusing as the thing in its entirety:
This thread is NOT for:

1)Judgement. I don't care if someone spent their entire food budget on chips and cupcakes. It's not your fucking business.
2)Advice. Do NOT gently suggest that someone set up a savings account for a rainy day, or that if they just cut cable they would free up some money for other bills, or they should pay off their highest interest debt first. You probably sound like an asshole, and if we want your opinion we will ask for it.
3)Comparisons. My poor is not your poor. Everyone here has access to a computer, for instance, so how poor can we be? No one wants to be derailed by hearing that someone has it worse, because that's fucking depressing and besides the point.
4)Charity. Man, other people offering "help" can be the poisonest pill ever. There are ways to help that are good and others that are awful. This is not the thread to figure that out.

Okay, ground rules set. I reserve the right to change them. Now, on the business.
"HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST I HAVE SOME RESPONSIBILITY IN MY OWN SITUATION!! PRACTICAL, REALISTIC SOLUTIONS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!1!!"*

*PS rules may be changed randomly as my hairtrigger sense of offense is set off. Also send moar chips and cupcakes.

soldierwhy

Post by soldierwhy »

Gumby wrote:
soldierwhy wrote:
This was discussed when the board started. Without edit, there's no going back and changing things. We gotta stand by our werdz. I like it, although there's a couple of posts I wish I hadn't written.
Fair one. I know on other boards that I frequent that you can edit but it appends a note to the post saying that it has been edited.

I agree with the policy, doesn't stop my frustration about 'speeling mistakes' though.

Bella Fortuna

Post by Bella Fortuna »

soldierwhy wrote:
Gumby wrote:
soldierwhy wrote:
Fair one. I know on other boards that I frequent that you can edit but it appends a note to the post saying that it has been edited.

I agree with the policy, doesn't stop my frustration about 'speeling mistakes' though.
There is also the ability to allow editing for a brief period of time after a post if you do spot spellunk errors you can fix them right away - this might be an option?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

soldierwhy wrote:
That's what the preview button is for.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Personally, I don't get uptight about spelling mistakes - mine or anyone else's. My typos don't make me a dumbass; the content of my posts do.

soldierwhy

Post by soldierwhy »

bhoytony wrote:
soldierwhy wrote:
That's what the preview button is for.
Stop 'forumsplaining'. ;) (Shit, or is that me 'doubling down'?)

[youtube]JvKIWjnEPNY[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

cunt wrote:Another Matt. This one asked them if they wanted to join his Facebook group - with predictable results.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2190

Dear lord. At this point, I'm quite glad for A+. It's good to have all the rabid idiots gathered in one place.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Bella Fortuna wrote:
Guest wrote:

This thread is NOT for:

1)Judgement. I don't care if someone spent their entire food budget on chips and cupcakes. It's not your fucking business.
2)Advice. Do NOT gently suggest that someone set up a savings account for a rainy day, or that if they just cut cable they would free up some money for other bills, or they should pay off their highest interest debt first. You probably sound like an asshole, and if we want your opinion we will ask for it.
3)Comparisons. My poor is not your poor. Everyone here has access to a computer, for instance, so how poor can we be? No one wants to be derailed by hearing that someone has it worse, because that's fucking depressing and besides the point.
4)Charity. Man, other people offering "help" can be the poisonest pill ever. There are ways to help that are good and others that are awful. This is not the thread to figure that out.

Okay, ground rules set. I reserve the right to change them. Now, on the business.
"HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST I HAVE SOME RESPONSIBILITY IN MY OWN SITUATION!! PRACTICAL, REALISTIC SOLUTIONS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!1!!"*

*PS rules may be changed randomly as my hairtrigger sense of offense is set off. Also send moar chips and cupcakes.
Riiiiiiight....Basically, that thread is for pure moaning purposes ONLY. Advice is NOT welcome.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

People of the Pit. I need your help. I feel a slight tingling on my upper lip and it may be a cold sore. Can you all donate some tenners into my PayPal account so I can buy some zovirax just incase? I could use my own money but that means going to the cash machine.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

soldierwhy wrote:
No. No editing.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bella Fortuna wrote: There is also the ability to allow editing for a brief period of time after a post if you do spot spellunk errors you can fix them right away - this might be an option?
No. No editing. Read the earlier posts about this. Enabling editing for spelling mistakes enables editing of everything.

Learn to spell, or use a browser that flags errors, or proof your posts more carefully, or don't worry about it, or post a follow-up if it's that important.

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
cunt wrote:If Micheal K. Gray hasn't already got a definition for "doubling down" in his A+ glossary that definition should go in. That's exactly what it is, the empty bluster of somebody with no argument.
That's why it's become such a prevalent term on the A+ forums lately. I believe it's literally in every thread along with patriarchy and privilege.

I can't stop reading these threads BTW. It's like watching a mad man scrawl gibberish onto his padded cell wall using his turds a pencil. Fascinatingly horrible.
I'd call A+ a shitpile, but shit has a wide range of beneficial uses. A+ is less useful than a nipple on my knee.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Religion sells,more and more sheep are getting out of the jesus cult, and there are more and more charlatans selling them a replacement. Swap your pastor for an atheist social justice communicator! They don't ask for 10% yet.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote:A+ is less useful than a nipple on my knee.
You mean a kneeple?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

welch wrote:
cunt wrote:Another Matt. This one asked them if they wanted to join his Facebook group - with predictable results.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2190

Dear lord. At this point, I'm quite glad for A+. It's good to have all the rabid idiots gathered in one place.
Matt was not helping. Matt's version of Atheism+ is not the true Atheism+. He is not ideologically correct. He should not have ignored the Collective. He needs to be re-educated. He should first of all memorise Feminism 101, then learn about the patriarchy, the correct use of pronouns, that genderqueer is not a slur and that queer is, in short, he should assimilate all the finer details of the A+ ideology. If and when he comes back he must show humility and demonstrate that he has improved himself. If he fails he will be shot in the back of the neck.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Bella Fortuna wrote:
soldierwhy wrote:
Gumby wrote:
soldierwhy wrote:

There is also the ability to allow editing for a brief period of time after a post if you do spot spellunk errors you can fix them right away - this might be an option?
Jus lern too spel poperly,

welch

Post by welch »

bhoytony wrote:Setar is the boxcutter guy. He's also the guy that wrote this:
Because I have social anxiety, I appear cold and distant, and people never talk to me

Because of how my family treated me, I could not trust the therapist my mother took me to

Because of how my family treated me, I have never told them that I stopped seeing that therapist, even though I have not seen them for a year and a half

Because I am in semi-poverty, I cannot afford the psychiatric or therapeutic help I need to function properly, except through my abusive family

Because of my unknown issues, I feel like I am always disconnected in some way from whatever social group I am trying to participate in
If I saw this fucker with a knife in his hand I'd bolt.
"I am never responsible for anything that goes wrong in my world, nor am I ever going to do jack-shit to fix any of it."

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

I agree with the policy, doesn't stop my frustration about 'speeling mistakes' though.[/quote]
There is also the ability to allow editing for a brief period of time after a post if you do spot spellunk errors you can fix them right away - this might be an option?[/quote]

Jus lern too spel poperly,[/quote]

Wat Dikc sed!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Oooooh, and a quotefail to booth!

welch

Post by welch »

cunt wrote:lol Welch got conned.
Lol. No more than when I give a hobo a dollar. I know he isn't going to use it to buy gas to get his Mercedes home. But what the fuck, it's my fiver. Besides, this town is too small for any really entertaining crazies, so I have to fund my amusements elsewhere.

Like writing this, which will set off svan's lurkers into yet another pipsquawk spasm over how we're really evil. I love sticking my fingers in their psyches and wiggling them about. It's fun.

papillon

Post by papillon »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Cunt. That is the third link you've posted that has made my blood boil. I feel like THEY are trolling us with all this shit.
Tony Parsehole wrote:/quote]

lol - I've been following a few threads for about a week know. I can't tell if it's real, or it's troll vs poe, or as you say, I've even thought it's ME being trolled in an elaborate network of lolz.
You guys are real aren't you? A+ really is serious isn't it? Matt Dillahunty's not going to do an even bigger reveal is he?
Fuck, I bet Jeremy Beadle's filming me right now, laughting like a loon at the A+ site..

Anyway, here's a cracker from Laughing Cayote.
I just hope they don't have kids.
'You want to grow up to be ambitious AND earn money??? - oh no, where did I go so wrong??"
Fuck me, they wouldn't stand a chance with these sort of ideas.
"..you're clearly privileged and well off. That's hardly a herald of doom, but you're also ambitious, and I really don't trust ambitious people"

welch

Post by welch »

bhoytony wrote:
cunt wrote:lol Welch got conned.
Ha Ha I'd forgotten about that. Wonder what she'll spend his donation on, maybe another of those anal dildoes she used in that vid.
You clearly overestimate the size of my donation and underestimate the cost of sex toys.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

And welch fulfils my prophecy. I AM GOD.

welch

Post by welch »

Za-zen wrote:Cue welch to say it doesn't really matter if he was conned (not that he accepts the proposition) because it made him feel better.
Being conned implies you had expectations of the results that were never going to happen. "Whaddya mean that Nigerian princess isn't really going to give me millions?" "How was I to know there's no oceanfront property in Oklahoma."

I had the same expectations from this as when I donate a dollar to an angry hobo: I saved myself the time of setting it on fire.

Actually, given the response of the last hobo I have a dollar to, "fuck you man, I wanted two dollars", Greta's already exceeded my expectations. And, we created yet another pole for Umbridge and svan to twist themselves around, creating more reams of gobsmacking stupidity.

Since I couldn't make it to see "celebration day", I may as well get entertainment somewhere. And so I did something vaguely nice while doing it. Best five bucks I've spent in weeks.

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

And there's my first sinus caffeine wash.

disumbrationist

Post by disumbrationist »

welch wrote: I had the same expectations from this as when I donate a dollar to an angry hobo: I saved myself the time of setting it on fire.
Wait... the dollar, or the hobo?

welch

Post by welch »

Mykeru wrote:
You see that? You see s/h/it oppressing me? Now I'm going to have to lay one the cool tile behind the toilet curled up in a fetal position crying and smelling my own ass while wanking and dreaming of a world filled with perfect peace, justice, pretty ponies where anyone deemed privileged, smarter and more capable then myself is given a mock trial and a summary execution with a 100% organic fair trade 7.62 to the back of the head.

Gimme a dollar for my uterus, dammit.
I almost guarantee none of the A+/FC5 lot have read "Harrison Bergeron"

welch

Post by welch »

Bella Fortuna wrote:
Guest wrote:

This thread is NOT for:

So wait, by throwing a fiver at Greta, I traumatized A+???? OMG, BEST RETURN ON INVESTMENT EVAR!!!!!

welch

Post by welch »

disumbrationist wrote:
welch wrote: I had the same expectations from this as when I donate a dollar to an angry hobo: I saved myself the time of setting it on fire.
Wait... the dollar, or the hobo?
Obviously the dollar. If you set the hobo on fire, then how can they stand outside whataburger waving the dollar at you in a threatening manner? *

*actually happened. Best entertainment of the week.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

The people at atheismplus are building their own warped victim world which does nothing for them, nor anyone around them. The world does'nt owe you, the world doesn't give a fuck about you, and guess what that isn't a bad thing.

[youtube]raYgOmYPvQ[/youtube]

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

I see the cyber activism on Urban Dictionary dosnt even seem to be going that well for them

bless their lil cotton socks

welch

Post by welch »

Za-zen wrote:The people at atheismplus are building their own warped victim world which does nothing for them, nor anyone around them. The world does'nt owe you, the world doesn't give a fuck about you, and guess what that isn't a bad thing.
But that's the part they hate: that by and large, apathy is the feeling people have about them, and everyone else. They hate that idea, that they, and everyone else just don't matter outside of a very small group. The need to believe the world hates them and is actively plotting against them, because then they *matter*. It's the ultimate combination of egotism and insecurity.

I'm pretty sure that ten years after I die, the amount of people who will remember me will be about five. They think about that and go all fetal.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

cunt wrote:
Badger3k wrote: Her post doesn't mention savings, not that I can find - haven't looked through the comments - but she does say it would help her rest easier. Fuck.
No shit it doesn't. She mentions savings and people would cock their heads sideways and ask to themselves. Why doesn't she use them? Instead she talks about a lack of time to build up a "financial cushion". Pro-tip: You fucking have that cushion in place before you go freelance. That's your savings.

Instead we get this "hey guys, 50 year old homeowner here - spent all my money on buttplugs please send help" bullshit.
Exactly! But see how when I mention something to that effect on that dumbass thread from the other day the little shitbags go nuts? Apparently, it's so very mean of me to mention that one should prepare for a "rainy day".

welch

Post by welch »

Za-zen wrote:And welch fulfils my prophecy. I AM GOD.
Predcting I'm an argumentative bastard is about as hard as running faster than a fish.i

welch

Post by welch »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
cunt wrote:
Badger3k wrote: Her post doesn't mention savings, not that I can find - haven't looked through the comments - but she does say it would help her rest easier. Fuck.
No shit it doesn't. She mentions savings and people would cock their heads sideways and ask to themselves. Why doesn't she use them? Instead she talks about a lack of time to build up a "financial cushion". Pro-tip: You fucking have that cushion in place before you go freelance. That's your savings.

Instead we get this "hey guys, 50 year old homeowner here - spent all my money on buttplugs please send help" bullshit.
Exactly! But see how when I mention something to that effect on that dumbass thread from the other day the little shitbags go nuts? Apparently, it's so very mean of me to mention that one should prepare for a "rainy day".

Yep. All the ones talking about universal healthcare miss that bit: that would only take care of the medical bills. Still gotta pay the mortgage.

welch

Post by welch »

If one really wanted to be a cock, one could opoint out that Greta might have an easier time of being a freelancer were she not living in one of the three most expensive cities in the country.

But that would be mean.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote: Obviously the dollar. If you set the hobo on fire, then how can they stand outside whataburger waving the dollar at you in a threatening manner?
Build a man a fire, and you keep him warm for one day. Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote:If one really wanted to be a cock, one could opoint out that Greta might have an easier time of being a freelancer were she not living in one of the three most expensive cities in the country.

But that would be mean.
I thought she lived in Seattle? Shome mishtake, shurely?

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Lsuoma wrote:
welch wrote: Obviously the dollar. If you set the hobo on fire, then how can they stand outside whataburger waving the dollar at you in a threatening manner?
Build a man a fire, and you keep him warm for one day. Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Bwahahahahahaha! Thank goodness my keyboard is under a glass top (cleans up spewed diet Rock Star).

welch

Post by welch »

Lsuoma wrote:
welch wrote:If one really wanted to be a cock, one could opoint out that Greta might have an easier time of being a freelancer were she not living in one of the three most expensive cities in the country.

But that would be mean.
Could be. Not knowing where she lives is ignorance I can live with.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

[youtube]lsSC2vx7zFQ[/youtube]

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

welch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

But that would be mean.
Could be. Not knowing where she lives is ignorance I can live with.
I think she lives in SanFran. I could be wrong. Not all of the asshats live here in the Seattle area, thankfully.

Bella Fortuna

Post by Bella Fortuna »

She does live in San Fran.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

A+ doesn't fuck around....

"Matthew, you're lost because you do what privileged white dudes always do. You go on and on without actually listening."

"I would like to correct one of matthew bailey's claims here, for the record, we have no interest in merging with this knockoff group. It's clear very few here actually 'get' what the + in Atheism+ is supposed to mean. It's about social justice. Not just for 'atheist' causes."

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Chairman Pee Xie Myers is at the Texas Freethought Convention. He “just heard Aron Ra shred the religious, and Matt Dillahunty and Richard Dawkins and Sean Faircloth are coming up.”

I wonder how soon his commentariat will rebuke him for sharing the stage with those vile misogynists and enemies of the marginalised.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -in-texas/

welch

Post by welch »

masakari2012 wrote:A+ doesn't fuck around....

"Matthew, you're lost because you do what privileged white dudes always do. You go on and on without actually listening."

"I would like to correct one of matthew bailey's claims here, for the record, we have no interest in merging with this knockoff group. It's clear very few here actually 'get' what the + in Atheism+ is supposed to mean. It's about social justice. Not just for 'atheist' causes."

Matty's not exactly the sharpest tool in the drawer either. He's just upset at the other crabs pulled him back into the bucket.

welch

Post by welch »

Jan Steen wrote:Chairman Pee Xie Myers is at the Texas Freethought Convention. He “just heard Aron Ra shred the religious, and Matt Dillahunty and Richard Dawkins and Sean Faircloth are coming up.”

I wonder how soon his commentariat will rebuke him for sharing the stage with those vile misogynists and enemies of the marginalised.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -in-texas/
Funny how PZ plays both sides of the fence, yet no one calls him out.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
cunt wrote:
The Facebook group they linked him to is closed to new members. Remember when these dickheads thought they were going to be the new face of atheism.

They are beyond, BEYOND, BEYOND parody. There is nothing that anybody could do for lulz that A+ won't do in seriousness. You cannot troll these people. They do too good a job on themselves.
I agree. Read the link provided by cunt. Had a lolgasm that was almost fatal.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

welch wrote: I'd call A+ a shitpile, but shit has a wide range of beneficial uses. A+ is less useful than a nipple on my knee.
That depends on whether it's your own or somebody elses'.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
mikelf wrote:
However, I have a hard time getting worked up over it. I have always subscribed to the idea that everyone needs to win at something. If the A+ forum gives some folks with an otherwise shitty life the opportunity to have control over something, then I suppose it is, in its own bizarre way, a good thing.
I would wholefuly agree with you on this point, if they weren't also trying to highjack the "Atheism" label. Whatever they do in their private wank room is not my problem. But if they go and advertise it as what "real" atheism should and must be, no thanks.
Plus you have to wonder how much help it's actually doing to them. If it encourages them to try the same shit in the real world, they'll be disappointed and who knows what that will do to their fragile selves? I never thought the self-esteem movement was a great idea - it can help, but it can also create unrealistic expectations.

welch

Post by welch »

Badger3k wrote:
welch wrote: I'd call A+ a shitpile, but shit has a wide range of beneficial uses. A+ is less useful than a nipple on my knee.
That depends on whether it's your own or somebody elses'.
Good point. Is there anything less useful than A+?

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

The CDC says that if you consume a single alcoholic drink per month then you are a "regular drinker"....

No wonder they think you're a rapist if you have sex with someone that's consumed a drop of alcohol. :roll: