BarnOwl wrote:
That photoshopped Matt Dillafixion (Crucihunty?) is creepin' me out! :shock:
Cunty for short?
You won't hear me objecting.

:lol:

Za-zen

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Za-zen »

Watson is entitled to get as shit faced as she likes, whether she is a speaker or not. Its the conferences decision as to wether they want to invite speakers who will ditch the bottle of water in favour of a bottle of vodka when they take the stand.

But their is a very important distinction between watson and hitchens in terms of their alcohol consumption (imagine comparing that toad to hitchens). Hitchens would have got fuckfaced, been a cunt, been made a cunt of, and woke up the next morning with reflective burp of "that was an interesting night".

Watson gets fuckfaced, acts a cunt, is made a cunt of, (if their is anyone left in the skeptic movement who has the stones to actually not give a fuck about the shitstorm that would follow from doing that) but gets up the next morning and cries foul, that the world dare treat her like the drunken muppet she is. Its all the patriachys fault, and when it falls she will be able to be a drunken cunt and nobody will tell her shes a drunken cunt.

welch

Post by welch »

decius wrote:
hitchens2.jpg
welch wrote:

Had I attended a hitchens lecture where he was obviously drunk, I'd be exactly as pissed.
I agree with everything else you said, but would you really be pissed at Hitch?
He was inebriated when he and Fry trounced the archbishop and Widdecombe and massively swayed the opinion of the public. What else do you want, a blowjob?

http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/10/20/cat ... on-debate/

Just look at his face.
yeah, i would. Because if I'm paying good money, it's not to see someone perform well in spite of being soused. If you can't stop boozing for a few hours, then maybe you need to SERIOUSLY examine what the fuck is up with your life.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Dilurk wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:My first podcast ever, with Reap!

Sorry about the sound quality.

And I was drunk (topical, isn't it?)
Did I forget the link? Yes I did:

http://angryatheist.info/?p=927
You sound French!!

You don't sound French on the Pit. What has changed?
Lsuoma runs everything through autotune on here.

The best part is when Phil says "cunt". FYI The SPACKlick pod is back up too. Had so much traffic the servers got overloaded and they shut down my page for a day and a half. The problem is fixed, for now.....need some good unlimited hosting...

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Saint N. wrote:noelplum99 weighs in on Matt Dillahunty's banning from A+theism forum (note the surlyramic around matt's neck in the screencap :lol: ),

[youtube]zX65hlHKEQg[/youtube]
I think this might be an appropriate response [youtube]q50UBIWXvfc[/youtube]

acathode

Post by acathode »

Saint N. wrote:noelplum99 weighs in on Matt Dillahunty's banning from A+theism forum (note the surlyramic around matt's neck in the screencap :lol: ),

zX65hlHKEQg
I just finished watching that... I think Noel has some good points and ideas, but I'm not sure if I buy the theory that the A+ers are pissed because in their eyes, by going anonymously, Matt tried to get "power" since he as the unknown "Curious" no longer could be dismissed at glance with "your a white male, check your privilege until you agree with us". In my eyes, the A+ers seem to care little for anything but if a person agrees with them or not, you could be a transexual, bisexual midget from Kenya with a speech disorder, and they would still gladly toss you on a fire and roast marshmallows on the flames if you in any way or form disagreed with them.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Fucking wah. Sigh. I understand the need to take a break when one has to deal with depression. But at least own up to that and not blame it on "atheists".

welch

Post by welch »

Angry_Drunk wrote:You can imagine my position on the "drinkers are bad and do bad things and should be shamed and shunned" bullshit.
LOL

Pretty much. Drinking like a fish is no one's business but the fish. I only have issues when it fucks with a presentation I paid money for. I've seen the severely hung over/still drunk try to carry on. It never works as well as people want to think it does. Sometimes, yeah, but those are pros, and rare.

welch

Post by welch »

xjustos2 wrote:almost every skeptic on twitter has protected their tweets... but to no avail...

Oh look, it's here too. I haven't protected shit, you stroked-out fuckstick. I just report you to the montreal cops and you quiet right the fuck down. Now back in your fucking cage before I report you again, shitstain.

welch

Post by welch »

xjustos2 wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
xjustos2 wrote:OPERATION ARCHANGEL

go ahead
When you're furiously masturbating to pictures of PeeZus and Dawkins, are they naked or clothed? Do you write mary sue slashfic about the three of you? When you dream about Ophelia Benson pegging you, are you on your back, or all fours? Ball gag or gas mask?

welch

Post by welch »

SPACKlick wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Matt Dillahunty:
like you – are even claiming that they don’t believe I spoke to Greta (I did). Others are claiming that, if I did, I’m somehow evil for bothering people who are grieving
Greta just lost someone? If so, all my sympathies. I don't go on FTB anymore, so I don't know what this is about.

Condoleances all the same.

Got to catch up on the thread...
Her dad died about a week ago. She's pretty cut up as you'd expect. My condolences go to her as well.

Greta's Grief Diary #1 - 10/1/12
Greta's Grief Diary #2 - 10/2/12
Greta's Grief Diary #3 - 10/3/12
Greta's Grief Diary #4 - 10/4/12
Greta's Grief Diary #5 - 10/5/12
Greta's Grief Diary #6 - 10/6/12
Greta's Grief Diary #7 - 10/7/12
Ach. I've put both parents in the ground, that's never easy. I don't have to like her to feel legitimately bad here.

Vigil

Post by Vigil »

BarnOwl wrote:@ Vigil -

Is that your dog in your avatar?
Nope, I just like this pic. Currently I have no pets.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

TFJ wrote:Anyone is welcome to think of me as a potential rapist, and they are also welcome to remove themselves from my company if they feel so threatened.
Agreed. If you really think there is a high chance I'm a rapist then you can get as far away from me as you need to in order to feel safe, just don't expect me to call myself a rapist (potential or otherwise) when I know damn well that I'm not. In return I won't demand for any of them to call themselves paranoid nutjobs.

welch

Post by welch »

xjustos2 wrote:you many be wondering abut the TWEETAPOCALYPSE going on...

https://twitter.com/OperationArche

goodbye IMPOTENT SH*THEADS.... operation teapot that is the BEST
Dude, if you're doing penetration with teapots, you really need to be careful. Broken china in the rectum can cause permanent damage.

welch

Post by welch »

Saint N. wrote:Mabus really shouldn't be talking about people getting arrested, on account that he's the only one here that's violating a court order by posting on an online forum. And don't give me that 'Not Mabus, but a fan' crap. Mabus has no fans or friends or anything else.

Untrue. The voices in his head LOVE him, along with his Mr. Smiley Face Fistildo.

welch

Post by welch »

bhoytony wrote:http://i.imgur.com/7U9yE.jpg

Why is he happy to be considered a potential rapist only to women? What's wrong with me, why can't he potentially rape me? Do I need to loose some weight, maybe have a makeover? The sexist pig!
I HAVE FEELINGS TOO! WHY CAN'T I WORRY ABOUT RAPE AS WELL! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME, YOU DON'T EVEN TRY. WHERE'S MY LINKIN' PARK PLAYLIST AND MY RAZOR BLADE!!!!

welch

Post by welch »

ERV wrote:I thought my personal dislike of binging behaviors was relatively well known.

Something I would understand: A five-year-old LOVING THE SHIT out of some ice cream, and eating it and eating it and eating it until she throws up.

Something I would understand: An 18 year old getting to hang out with some older kids and drink BEER and drinking and drinking and drinking until he throws up.

Something I would understand: A group of adults getting together to hang out/chat/party and enjoying some drinks. Had a long week, indulge in a nice buzz.

Something I dont understand: A 32 year old adult invited to speak at a conference (paid position they keep insisting is their employment and a 'professional setting' requiring HR-like guidelines for conduct) binge drinking on alcohol until she is not only ill then, but ill the next day(s?).

I would be equally appalled if the conference organizers paid for her dinner, and she jammed so much steak and lobster down her throat she threw up.

Its irresponsible. Its immature. Shows a lack of basic impulse control. I think its primitive and disgusting. The same personality flaws that drive her binge drinking (and bragging about it) is the same as her stealing that bottle of wine (irresponsible, immature, no impulse control), and I absolutely notice it and judge her for it. And its certainly not behavior I want skeptic kids thinking is 'cool', much less emulating.

That Twatson tries to regulate the behavior of others is just irony. The fact these people claim to have moral superiority over the rest of us, while Twatsons bar tab that night could have gone towards dinner for some homeless pets or the gas bill for a struggling family or a water well for some folks in the third world is just irony.
Yep. I have been at conferences where my intake is *pro-DIG-ious*...just not on nights where I have a morning session to present. Afternoons, a different beast, I can dry out and shape up in time. I like people who drink a LOT. But they don't make the drinking the only thing they can talk about the next day. They're pros, they know how to do this shit. It's the amateurs like Watson that piss me off.

welch

Post by welch »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Fucking wah. Sigh. I understand the need to take a break when one has to deal with depression. But at least own up to that and not blame it on "atheists".
Well, if she didn't blame all her problems on external causes, she might have to accept that maybe she's not handling everything right. If everything is someone else's fault, you don't have to think about anything, you just have to wait for them to make it all better.

Can't wait to see how well that works for her.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Considering she was (is) responsible for some of that drama, my heart just bleeds for the poor precious snowflake - not!

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Vigil wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:@ Vigil -

Is that your dog in your avatar?
Nope, I just like this pic. Currently I have no pets.
My two little dogs (brother and sister, part Pomeranian, part dachshund) are similar in shape to your avatar dog.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7213/7238 ... 0f063a.jpg
sumilantana by BarnOwl83, on Flickr

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

acathode wrote:

zX65hlHKEQg
I just finished watching that... I think Noel has some good points and ideas, but I'm not sure if I buy the theory that the A+ers are pissed because in their eyes, by going anonymously, Matt tried to get "power" since he as the unknown "Curious" no longer could be dismissed at glance with "your a white male, check your privilege until you agree with us". In my eyes, the A+ers seem to care little for anything but if a person agrees with them or not, you could be a transexual, bisexual midget from Kenya with a speech disorder, and they would still gladly toss you on a fire and roast marshmallows on the flames if you in any way or form disagreed with them.
Yeah, I'm not completely sure where noel was coming from with that. As I see it, Curious was very quickly dismissed even as an anon, as evident by the fact that his first comment was deleted. Despite not knowing a thing about his 'privilege status' at the time, he was piled on for daring to voice dissent from the get-go. I personally happen to think that if Matt had showed up as Matt looking for the forum to dispel the criticisms he's been receiving about them, they would have put on a warmer reception to keep one of their top cheerleaders in the a/s community content, and Matt would have probably swallowed it whole. Instead, by the time Matt revealed himself as Matt to the Plussers the cat was already out of the bag, and despite an initial attempt at reconciliation, the shit had already hit the fan by that point. They had to save face by dealing with matt the same way they do with everybody else, ban and claim persecution. If Matt were to apologize right now, they'd accept him back immediately (at least I think so). But if Matt buckles down and refuses to submit he'll reach a point of no return for them (just like many of us have), because going by that thread they have over at the A+ forum, matt has bruised them worse than any of us could (if their whining is anything to go by).

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

And for the lurkers out there, i will refer you back to my last post, and then spell it out for you.

4am in a hotel bar. Even if we grant watson's story took place as she claims. Is it reasonable to assume she was shitfaced? If not shitfaced she was getting there. Some fuckwit, who we can also reasonably assume was either shitfaced, or getting there, makes what is actually a damn weak pass at her in the elevator. For all we know he was on a fucking golf tour. Then nothing happened. Fucking nothing!

Watson in her sober moment decides this is an example of everything that is wrong with male privilege. And decides to imform the world that guys shouldn't do that. Seriously?! With all her experience of being fucked out of her face i would have expected her to have some knowledge of the effects of alcohol on the brain, you know in terms of blowing away a lot of the social constraints sober people operate under.

But yet she chooses to uses the example of a guy at 4am (who we can reasonably assume was fucked) as an example of neanderthal male.

Then when pressed on the matter she doubles down, and next thing we know its a potential rape scenario, with a trapped damsel in a corner with a predator leaning over her.... Quick flick back to her telling Hitchens she wanted his seed in her belly, on their first meeting. If it was Hitchens in the elevator fuckfaced at 4am i have a pretty good idea who the predator would have been.

And by the way dillahunty you fuckwit..... This is why facts matter.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

She's so sick of the drama she can't help but add on more commentary to the drama. You know, Jen, when I loudly announce that I've quit something I don't usually keep hanging around, continuing to shout at the other participants from the sidelines. I just pick up my stuff and go do something else.

welch

Post by welch »

Read a few pages of the "screwing matt dillahunty thread.

Yep, it's a forum version of the FC5 comments.

welch

Post by welch »

Also, WTF is this need from the FC5 to constantly post about how they're too busy to post?

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

welch wrote:Also, WTF is this need from the FC5 to constantly post about how they're too busy to post?

Because being internet social warriors is time consuming.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Saint N. wrote:Reap, awesome podcast with Justin that needs to be advertised,

http://www.reapsowradio.com/?p=31213

Loved the rant at the beginning. I wish PZ et al would actually hear it.

Oh I think he heard it...at least I heard he heard it. Guess I pissed some people off too. In case they read this-
Boo-fucking-hoo

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Butters wrote:Also from the EZRD thread

The mods not really addressing the problems Westprog has of threads being moved/ended will nilly because they don't care about his take on the issue.

But the last comment from Ceepolk takes the cake. They refer to what Westprog is doing as harassment.
(Image of page was edited to remove extraneous comments), but here is the link to the full page of comments.

http://i.imgur.com/ErXc5.jpg

Link to full size image
http://i.imgur.com/ARDQZ.jpg

However, if Creepy BitterGrrl joined up under a nym, she'd be a Global Moderator in a week and a half.

HEY, DON'T TELL ANYONE AT THE ATHEISM PLUS FORUM THAT THE GUY WHO DOES CBG SAID THAT.

There, that should kill off the newbs at a geometric rate.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Speaking of time, according to amazon PZ's book is supposed to be due out in a mere three months. Yet, the info doesn't appear to have been updated in over a year (and the release date being Jan. 1st sounds more like a placeholder to me). Didn't he take time off from work this year to write this thing? What is he going for, a sequel to The Never Ending Story (bigger, bolder, and this time 100% true to the title)? Considering his significant drop in popularity amongst the atheists who are aware enough of who PZ is to be aware of the book's existence, it would be interesting from a 'social experiment' (to use Dillahunty's phrasing)sort of view to see what the sales revenue for this book would be. If he's waiting to reclaim his old audience numbers before publishing I think we can expect the whole project to be shelved indefinitely.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Reap wrote: Oh I think he heard it...at least I heard he heard it. Guess I pissed some people off too. In case they read this-
Boo-fucking-hoo
I LOVED it too, Reap! Also enjoyed the interview with Phil a while ago. I will be sure to listen regularly in the future.

While I think all of us regret this divisiveness that has arisen since the stupid elevator incident, I can see some real positive things - I've found lots of new people to read, listen to, and watch youtube videos of (sorry for the terrible grammar). I suspect I would never have found ERV, Greylining, Justicar, and a bunch of others had it not been for that polite gentleman on the elevator in Dublin. Meanwhile PZ is no longer getting any page views from me :lol:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

welch wrote:Also, WTF is this need from the FC5 to constantly post about how they're too busy to post?
It's just bullshit. Whatever they are doing to keep themselves busy, it certainly isn't anything beneficial to the atheist/skeptic community.

welch

Post by welch »

Saint N. wrote:Speaking of time, according to amazon PZ's book is supposed to be due out in a mere three months. Yet, the info doesn't appear to have been updated in over a year (and the release date being Jan. 1st sounds more like a placeholder to me). Didn't he take time off from work this year to write this thing? What is he going for, a sequel to The Never Ending Story (bigger, bolder, and this time 100% true to the title)? Considering his significant drop in popularity amongst the atheists who are aware enough of who PZ is to be aware of the book's existence, it would be interesting from a 'social experiment' (to use Dillahunty's phrasing)sort of view to see what the sales revenue for this book would be. If he's waiting to reclaim his old audience numbers before publishing I think we can expect the whole project to be shelved indefinitely.
Shit, I'm working on another one. Bet that one will be out before his as well.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Butters wrote:Amy has decided NOW that anyone can use her images.
Thoughts please.

http://skepchick.org/2012/10/free-the-art/
I'll let her wear this design free of charge.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x78/ ... dblank.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Q. What do you get when Mrs. Potato Head steals Lisa Loeb's glasses?
John D wrote:Becci says "I hate when guys objectify me like that!"
http://theotheratheists.net/user/428777 ... 290320.jpg

Now you know.

And I apologize profusely for any comparison I may have made between Surly Amy and Bailey Jay. If I had to choose, only one of them I would fuck.

The other has a vagina.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Reap wrote:
Saint N. wrote:Reap, awesome podcast with Justin that needs to be advertised,

http://www.reapsowradio.com/?p=31213

Loved the rant at the beginning. I wish PZ et al would actually hear it.

Oh I think he heard it...at least I heard he heard it. Guess I pissed some people off too. In case they read this-
Boo-fucking-hoo
Aww - you seemed to have gotten to Stefunny. She has a thing for "impotent rage" - maybe that reminds her of Greggy-poo? Don't look now, Reap, she might be getting set to give you a call...

(she ironically titles her post ' That's "fucking *Effective* Bitch" to you' - as if she's ever been effective. She also unironically talks about the rage and lack of civility. Pot, meet Ma and Pa Kettle).

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

From Surly Amy's thread I posted in:

http://i.imgur.com/9YEPW.jpg

Is this a poe?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Great - now thinking about the Black Zvan, I've got that damned "call me maybe" shite going through my head - luckily without pictures of her and Greg. Or anyone. I need bleach.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

justinvacula wrote:From Surly Amy's thread I posted in:

Is this a poe?
As bd as they are, I don't think there's anyway to tell. I sometimes wonder if the whole A+ forum is just trolls playing games. Either that, or the asylums have great internet connections.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

justinvacula wrote:From Surly Amy's thread I posted in:

Is this a poe?
No way to know for sure unless the person steps forward to admit it. The call to put arguments aside sounds like it could be poking fun at them, however this is the same side that ran with Matt's 'facts don't matter' gaffe. I'm more confused about what it means to be 'currently' sexist. Is this as opposed to formally sexist? How about 'prospectively' sexist, is that a thing? Does sexism these days come with an expiration date, or is it something like the flu that you need to go through before you can be 'cured' of its symptoms? Or is it just a Poe pointing out how the Plussers et al have designated themselves as having the final word on what is and isn't to be deemed sexist at any given moment? Again, it's impossible to tell with them because almost everything they do looks like one big (very bad, very drawn out) joke to me.

The best thing to do is just observe and document the shit flinging. Like Jane Goodall with the chimps.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Noticed Greg Laden talking about harassment. The hypocritical shitstain.

http://i.imgur.com/3MYX4.jpg

You couldn't make it up!

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Saint N. wrote:
acathode wrote:

zX65hlHKEQg
Yeah, I'm not completely sure where noel was coming from with that. As I see it, Curious was very quickly dismissed even as an anon, as evident by the fact that his first comment was deleted. Despite not knowing a thing about his 'privilege status' at the time, he was piled on for daring to voice dissent from the get-go. I personally happen to think that if Matt had showed up as Matt looking for the forum to dispel the criticisms he's been receiving about them, they would have put on a warmer reception to keep one of their top cheerleaders in the a/s community content, and Matt would have probably swallowed it whole. Instead, by the time Matt revealed himself as Matt to the Plussers the cat was already out of the bag, and despite an initial attempt at reconciliation, the shit had already hit the fan by that point. They had to save face by dealing with matt the same way they do with everybody else, ban and claim persecution. If Matt were to apologize right now, they'd accept him back immediately (at least I think so). But if Matt buckles down and refuses to submit he'll reach a point of no return for them (just like many of us have), because going by that thread they have over at the A+ forum, matt has bruised them worse than any of us could (if their whining is anything to go by).

It's why I think Matt's line of trying to prove the anti-Athiest+ wrong is a bit of spin.... as if he was applying some benefit of the doubt. Matt knew what he was doing but it was the only neutral way of doing it....

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Excuse me while I go fetch my teeny tiny violin.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Noticed Greg Laden talking about harassment. The hypocritical shitstain.

http://i.imgur.com/3MYX4.jpg

You couldn't make it up!
I thought about making a joke about Laden, but the amount of shit that this guy still spews after all the crap he's pulled is just not funny. So instead here's the full original text of the email he sent to Justin Griffith, and is still not being denounced by Stefunny while she equates Abbie challenging Greta to a death threat (link is at the end for any new members who may not know what I'm referring to)
Justin,

What I said in a public comment (that you should grow up) is the ultra mild version. What I said on the mailing list is still the mild version. Here’s the real version and it is the last thing you are ever going to hear from me until you have issued a fully adequate and very public apology to everyone you’ve offended. I say that fully knowing that you do not have to issue such an apology. All you get if you do is that I recognize that you exist. You certainly don’t need me thinking of you as a human being.

Justin, have you ever killed anyone? By that, I mean, in your tours of duty, did you ever have someone you know die and that happened because you failed to do something, or worse, because you DID do something? I’m thinking not. I’m thinking you probably are a good soldier. You probably didn’t do that.

But, Justin, if you were me, and Abbie Smith’s slimepit was after you like they’ve been after me, that is what it would say on the internet, dude. It would say that you were responsible for the death of fellow soldiers. It would say that all over Abbies blog. Why? Because that is how they could hurt you, both personally and professionally.

I have to live with the fact that when my son gets old enough to surf the web he is going to see horrific things, terrible accusations and horrible insults, about his daddy. It does not matter if they are accurate or not. (They’re not, in case you were wondering).

Think about that. You fucking shit.

Now, get forever out of my life. Do not turn back. You do not deserve to even know the people you’ve insulted in that idiotic post you wrote. Don’t ever, ever find yourself in my presence or think you deserve to breath the air that I, and Jen, and Stephanie, and Gret and Ophelia and PZ and the rest of us breath, because you do not.

If you do make that apology it better be from laying face down in the mud.

Have a nice day and kiss my ass.
Greg

PS, don’t you dare ask, ever again, for an upvote or any other support from your colleagues. I’ll kick your fucking ass if you do. You will regret it. (Unless that apology is forthcoming.)
link, http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondb ... /the-pits/

If I ever accidentally find myself on the same forum/comment section as greg (that doesn't moderate), I'm copying, pasting, and linking this every time he opens his mouth about abuse or harassment (or anything else for that matter).

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

You know, I admire the nutters on A+ for sticking to their guns and banning Matt's moronic ass.

At least (despite an initial hiccup) they're sticking to their guns and aren't doing a turn around just 'cos he's a "celebrity".

Also Matt appears to be a gigantic dickwit and I can't believe they're losing any incredible insights (or even A+ level navel-gazing insights) by kicking the cunt to the curb.

So to speak.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

TheMan wrote:
Saint N. wrote:

It's why I think Matt's line of trying to prove the anti-Athiest+ wrong is a bit of spin.... as if he was applying some benefit of the doubt. Matt knew what he was doing but it was the only neutral way of doing it....
I don't know if I can agree. There were so many incidences of him just flat out dismissing the claims of FTB/A+ detractors and blocking and banning people on fb and twitter to avoid hearing the complaints from his own fans, that I have a hard time believing that he was some sort of undercover A+ heretic all along. It would be nice to think that somewhere in the back of his head, Matt did what he did because he wanted to expose the 'faith' from the inside out, but I think more likely he was trying to convince himself that his beliefs about A+ were right and and true all along. In a way, I feel like I'm watching the first steps of a possible deconversion taking place, and it'll be interesting to see whether Matt runs back to the comfort of the congregation or lets the doubt run its full course.

Either way, :popcorn:
rayshul wrote:I can't believe they're losing any incredible insights (or even A+ level navel-gazing insights) by kicking the cunt to the curb.
But they would be losing a prominent cheerleader, with a very wide audience base and quite the following in the a/s community (though this last part may have been somewhat damaged over the last year or so).

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Saint N. wrote:
rayshul wrote:I can't believe they're losing any incredible insights (or even A+ level navel-gazing insights) by kicking the cunt to the curb.
But they would be losing a prominent cheerleader, with a very wide audience base and quite the following in the a/s community (though this last part may have been somewhat damaged over the last year or so).
Plus losing one of their few token white males.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Skep tickle wrote:
Saint N. wrote:
Potential rapist, you mean.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

rayshul wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
Saint N. wrote:
Potential rapist, you mean.
Same thing over there, right?

disumbrationist

Post by disumbrationist »

In other news, in order to make the women around me feel safe, I've taken to wearing a shirt that says POTENTIAL RAPIST in large Helvetica caps. With this gesture, I'm telling the women around me "I'm okay with being labelled a potential rapist, even if I'm not, because when I lie to you it makes you feel safer." All sensitive men will realize this is the right thing to do.
Strangely though, it hasn't gotten me a date yet - just a lot of pepper spray.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

http://i.imgur.com/7U9yE.jpg

Poe? Either way, that's one smarmy smile.

In that thread, a couple people point out that (a) rape isn't limited to man-on-woman, and (b) if you accept men-all-potential-rapists (which SubMor dives into headfirst, abasing himself, in one post) you might as well continue on & tick down the list of racist stereotypes. You will be shocked, I know, to hear that those insightful souls get called "the indignant" (and of course "trolls") and they are the reason the mods have to lock the thread.

Shortly before the locking, there's this gem: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... =50#p26361

Be sure to read Specimen128's comments with an eye toward adequacy of communication in English before you read maiforpeace's comments at the end which were so delightfully non-privileged that I felt moved to add bolding:
maiforpeace wrote:
Specimen128 wrote:Sorry for my bad english, I'm french and here's my response:

I am NOT willing to be called a potential Rapist, the same way I am not willing to be called a potential psycho knife-stabing murderer. Here's my analogy: Being a potential murderer implies that I should be controlled by police or psychiatrist to be sure I would not own a knife, even for vegetables and that I should wear a "tracking GPS ankle bracer" and report to police everyday so they would be sure I was not killing anyone. This would be the same with the "potential rapist", a REAL potential rapist should not be allowed to be alone with a woman or walking the streets unsuspected.

Ps. In your mind I may already be a potential rapist because I already asked a woman, in a bar if she would like to come to my house for cofee and she did! :o
Specimen128 wrote:What I'm saying is that's sexism. The same way calling a black man a potential thief or an asian a potential dog-eater is racism. I don't see how this answer was "trolling" and if you dont see the connection I don't know what else I could say... This was a perfectly good analogy from "Karl_Marx" and what the first post did was AS MUCH offensive to me.
Specimen, bonjour!

I speak several languages including French, and I'm afraid you don't possess the English language skills to communicate properly in such a serious and mindful discussion. I think you are better off just reading right now, and maybe you can get a buddy who writes English better to help you write posts so you can participate and offer your own contributions to this thread.

So I will ask you politely to desist from posting further in this thread. Thank you, Mai

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

A good rule of thumb, Saint N., I'll make sure to remember that. It definitely hasn't caught up with Greg yet that whenever he comments about harassment, he's digging himself even deeper. Seriously. It's fucking ridiculous. He would put himself above Justin Vacula (putting themselves above anyone for that matter is ripe with condescension) and then he has the nerve to lecture him about proper manner and shit. Yeah, except Justin hasn't ever stalked a person, made threats of physical violence (in the "if you ever get anywhere near me, I'll kick your fucking ass" fashion) or intentionally doc-dropped anyone, you ireperable turd. I sincerely hope I never stoop to his level of vitriol.

I just re-read that Justin Griffin thread and some of the comments. It reminded me why I really like Justin Griffith and why I really fucking dislike the commenters. The incredibly lack of self-awareness from people like "Josh, Official Spokesgay" and "julian francisco" and the way they always have to spin it. In the words of Stephen Colbert, to paraphrase, they spend so much time spinning, it's enough to give me vertigo. Also how they keep insinuating that Justin doesn't have all the facts in the same thread that Ophelia made up her own slur about Rebecca Watson. Brilliant, fucking brilliant.

Then this quote from Josh:
Please don’t do this, Justin. Please don’t double down. Please don’t write us off and go full-defense. You don’t like hearing what we’re saying, I know, but we’re not nutcases. And we’re not Sworn Enemies of Justin Griffith. Please don’t turn out to be that guy.
Oh, get fucked, you mealy-mouthed, self-righteous cunt.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Skep tickle wrote:
Shortly before the locking, there's this gem: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... =50#p26361

Be sure to read Specimen128's comments with an eye toward adequacy of communication in English before you read maiforpeace's comments at the end which were so delightfully non-privileged that I felt moved to add bolding:
maiforpeace wrote:
Specimen128 wrote:Sorry for my bad english, I'm french and here's my response:

I am NOT willing to be called a potential Rapist, the same way I am not willing to be called a potential psycho knife-stabing murderer. Here's my analogy: Being a potential murderer implies that I should be controlled by police or psychiatrist to be sure I would not own a knife, even for vegetables and that I should wear a "tracking GPS ankle bracer" and report to police everyday so they would be sure I was not killing anyone. This would be the same with the "potential rapist", a REAL potential rapist should not be allowed to be alone with a woman or walking the streets unsuspected.

Ps. In your mind I may already be a potential rapist because I already asked a woman, in a bar if she would like to come to my house for cofee and she did! :o
Specimen128 wrote:What I'm saying is that's sexism. The same way calling a black man a potential thief or an asian a potential dog-eater is racism. I don't see how this answer was "trolling" and if you dont see the connection I don't know what else I could say... This was a perfectly good analogy from "Karl_Marx" and what the first post did was AS MUCH offensive to me.
Specimen, bonjour!

I speak several languages including French, and I'm afraid you don't possess the English language skills to communicate properly in such a serious and mindful discussion. I think you are better off just reading right now, and maybe you can get a buddy who writes English better to help you write posts so you can participate and offer your own contributions to this thread.

So I will ask you politely to desist from posting further in this thread. Thank you, Mai
That is some weapons grade patronising going on there. And racist to boot. specimen can't help it if he is a cheese eating surrender monkey.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Please, can someone with the bravery to sign up to that forum (especially with the shit they've pulled) -- and the will -- please remind maiforpeace just how arrogant it is to lecture a non-English speaker on their English, especially when they apologise for it in advance? I mean, in just a few days, they've told a rape victim they would be better off dead, telling a former sex worker (who confided in them) to fuck off and telling someone their English isn't good enough hence they should desist from commenting.* Nice bit of track record, no? Oh, and they've alienated one of their most prominent allies for petty bullshit. Something I've missed?

This "safe space" will crash and burn from the inside.

*Because the global moderator can speak several languages herself, the underprivileged young lady. She's hurting so much!

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

I'd do it, but I'm probably pre-badded, and I know for a fact that if I'm not, my post would be deleted and I'd be instabanned for turning up over there. Waste of my time.

Michael K Gray

Double Down+

Post by Michael K Gray »

What is it with their infuriatingly endless "double down" meaningless mantra that dribbles like diarrhea from the the anal sphincter on their faces?
Is it a form of contagious Tourettes that affects the (very) feeble-minded?

Or are they all doona salesmen?
(Perhaps their straight-jackets are padded with double down.)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Pitchguest wrote:Please, can someone with the bravery to sign up to that forum (especially with the shit they've pulled) -- and the will -- please remind maiforpeace just how arrogant it is to lecture a non-English speaker on their English, especially when they apologise for it in advance? I mean, in just a few days, they've told a rape victim they would be better off dead, telling a former sex worker (who confided in them) to fuck off and telling someone their English isn't good enough hence they should desist from commenting.* Nice bit of track record, no? Oh, and they've alienated one of their most prominent allies for petty bullshit. Something I've missed?

This "safe space" will crash and burn from the inside.

*Because the global moderator can speak several languages herself, the underprivileged young lady. She's hurting so much!
No need.
They are doing a sterling job of self-immolation without any external assistance.

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

Pitchguest wrote:they've told a rape victim they would be better off dead
I think that's my favourite moment from my time on the forums so far.
Cuduggan - New(ish) poster says, hey There's something odd about assuming 50/50 all guys are rapists, you wouldn't assume the same for murder
Posters - But with rape youre still alive and suffering so rapes worse
Cuduggan - I was raped and I wouldn't rather have been murdered
Piegasm(mod) - Official warning for posting in this thread before reading the original thread, and have a week off as well for for being a dismissive, victim-blaming asshole.

:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :popcorn: :lol: :lol:

So now they've added this note to Cudggan and Piegasms posts
Cuduggan2K2 wrote:Staff notice: We made a big mistake here. Piegasm misread a real life account of rape, and assumed it to be a hypothetical scenario presented for rhetorical purposes. Due to this misunderstanding, she treated Cuduggan2K2 extremely unfairly. We have apologised to Cuduggan2K2 for this mistreatment, and are extremely grateful for his gracious acceptance of this apology.

[Post Edited to reduce the swearing and rage within it, content approximately the same]

I love it...