Keep yourselves safe.

Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I wanna party like it's 1789.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

... and ... the German State Health Ministry's tweet on 1 in 5,000 jabbed suffering serious side effects has been memory-holed.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: previous record-disapproval (a week ago): 56.4%
then he wobbled "up" to 55.5% disapproval, for couple days.
Alas,
Joe has lost his super-power. He has always been a kind of idiot, but he always knew the right way to communicate. Perhaps his super-power was schmoozing.

Everyone I know who voted for him thought he was a "nice guy", and an "honest guy", and a "good guy". Of course, my weaponized autism super-power knew he was a complete crook and a fraud from the start. But, he made it all the way to the presidency as "bull-shit Joe". He had such a power that he could practically grope pre-teens in public and get away with it. AMAZING.

And now... now that he is senile... his power is diminishing. It is like watching "The Flash" get slower and slower over time... like he can only run 100 mph now... and that is just not that much of a super-power... and soon he will only run 50 mph.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Instead, look forward to Suzy Deadlegs-- an overweight HIV-positive black lesbian ukrainian muslim in a wheelchair. Shouting Maoist slogans as she's wheeled-around the English National Opera. Don't you dare laugh at her alopecia.
Not going to lie, not only did I laugh out loud, I also got a semi-woodrow! It's the wheelchair that done it...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Suzy Deadlegs was actually created-- waaay back, around 1992. Back then-- NYU film students shot their student-films on 8mm or VHS camcorders. And-- as a low-budget technique, rather-than a steadicam or rolling-on-tracks, they'd sit the cameraman in a wheelchair & scoot him around.

As they tried to think-up an idea for a short film, this skinny gay white film kid was crashing-around in the chair, in my friend's apartment, calling himself "Suzy Deadlegs, an HIV-positive black lesbian paraplegic." So of course that's what they made the film about. The film was probably 2 minutes of Suzy acting like an asshole, then getting run-over by a car.

I think the actor sat with his legs tucked-under & Suzy's wonky legs were crudely cut-out of floppy paper, hanging from his belt, over his lap, off the front of the chair.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: I also got a semi-woodrow!

John D

Post by John D »

The world needs more Dr. John Campbells. God... it is hard being an engineer in a non-engineer world. Almost everyone I listen to in the media is a ninny. Almost retarded really. The show "Face the Nation" actually has a board member of Fizer on as their Covid expert... haha... SHOTS FOR EVERYONE! and THEN MORE SHOTS! This masquerades as news and most people buy it. Haha.

My house cleaner is a noble woman. She earns her pay and cleans very well. If her day to clean our house comes on a holiday we pay her to take the day off. A gem. But, she must have a 90 IQ. She commented about being afraid of Monkey Pox. Haha. And I said: "Well as long as you don't have anal sex with strangers you will be okay. Monkey Pox is very hard to catch." and she just starts laughing. I don't know where she hears her news, but she was obviously really worried about Monkey Pox. I explained that you couldn't really catch it unless you had unprotected anal sex with an infected person... and she just laughed and laughed. Haha. Good times. She still wears a paper mask when she cleans my house. But, you really do want a clean and germ freak to be your housecleaner. Damn... she does the work of three normal humans.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
I sing better than this... but no one wants to fuck me. Maybe I need a dress. Haha...

My friend Alan and I perform a few songs on guitars with two part harmony that really sound great. We are both old 60 yo men... but we sound pretty damn good. Then we joke that we should do our songs in a dive bar to the old ladies.... and they would come up to us with their cigarette destroyed voice (like Madge from the Simpsons) and say shit like "You boys sound real pretty... and we loved that, can you sing it again." Alan and I laugh and laugh and our wives get mad. Haha. "You have a pretty beard and a pretty mouth."

John D

Post by John D »

Is it spelled Pfizer?... or Phizer... or Fayesir? WTF.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: in a non-engineer world
Be careful what you wish for...

Who would win?

Their deathdog?

VERSUS

Our Guy!

(they don't stand a chance)

meanwhile...

Dr. Richard Bartlett testimony to the Texas Senate Committee on Health and Human Services.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Happiest Place On Earth™

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

:think:
John D wrote: Everyone I know who voted for him thought he was a "nice guy", and an "honest guy", and a "good guy".
What do they think now?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The Happiest Place On Earth™

The mouth-breathing morons in the Fox News comment section for that story are currently in an epic battle to be the one who uses the "Pat, I'd like to solve the puzzle" meme the most. Funnier than the story, actually. I spend more time trolling those retards than I do reading the articles. Everyone's gotta have a hobby I guess.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Needs more "WORLD STAR, NIGGA!"

John D

Post by John D »

The latest attraction at Negroland in the Disney theme parks. It's called "Slap the shit outa that negro bitch" ride.

John D

Post by John D »

Gumby wrote: :think:
John D wrote: Everyone I know who voted for him thought he was a "nice guy", and an "honest guy", and a "good guy".
What do they think now?
They say he is still better than Trump... haha.

Keating

Post by Keating »

John D wrote: The world needs more Dr. John Campbells. God... it is hard being an engineer in a non-engineer world. Almost everyone I listen to in the media is a ninny. Almost retarded really. The show "Face the Nation" actually has a board member of Fizer on as their Covid expert... haha... SHOTS FOR EVERYONE! and THEN MORE SHOTS! This masquerades as news and most people buy it. Haha.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

When the security guards finally show up... they're wearing Jungle Safari outfits.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Service Dog wrote:
https://youtoo.be/bAZNeV-xYjc

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Some comedy gold from the International Skeptics. They are convinced that Trump has corrupted the FBI and the feds have lost all that mobile phone data from Jan 6th to protect him. If only the Democrats had a little bit of power in the Washington bureaucracy things might start to change. MAGA country.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote:
Service Dog wrote: previous record-disapproval (a week ago): 56.4%
then he wobbled "up" to 55.5% disapproval, for couple days.
Alas,
... and soon he will only run 50 mph.
holy crap... they're updating this model more-than-once per day?!
(I wonder how they decide when to update it?)

56.7% was around 10am today.
57.2% was around 3pm.

That's a steep little hook at the end.

At least the Senate looks better for the Dems... than any day since five38 launched this model:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Official report on the vax side effects in Germany

https://www.pei.de/SharedDocs/Downloads ... onFile&v=5

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: At least the Senate looks better for the Dems... than any day since five38 launched this model:

This is just Silver waving his mumbo-jumbo PECOTA wand over elections. Were you to look under the hood at the equations, you'd find a squirrel running in a wheel.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fafnir wrote: Trump has corrupted the FBI
I listened to Glenn Greenwald talk to Michael Malice, and then GG talk to Nick Gillespie.

In one-or-both interviews-- he talked about how the RussiaGate Hoax caused Dems to lose their minds...

singing songs about Robert Mueller (who previously was a villian, for his role in WMDs In Iraq)...

trusting the "50 former intellience agency analysts" who said Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian Disinformation...

loving Dubya, Liz 'Rayethon' Cheney, the FBI, etc.

This wasn't news to me-- but Greenwald described it vividly.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: This is just Silver waving his mumbo-jumbo
A few weeks ago-- I watched Nate Silver in this video podcast.

Was he always a bleary-eyed drunk? Is he one now? At the time, he was in Vegas competing in the world series of poker, allegedly to write a book...

so maybe he was just sleep-deprived and vegased-out. But I know what an alcoholic with a day job looks like.

i intended to ask John D. or somebody-- if this video is representative of Silver:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

On his first night in the White House, President Trump complained that the TV in his bedroom was broken, because it didn’t have “the gorilla channel.” Trump seemed to be under the impression that a TV channel existed that screened nothing but gorilla-based content, 24 hours a day.

To appease Trump, White House staff compiled a number of gorilla documentaries into a makeshift gorilla channel, broadcast into Trump’s bedroom from a hastily-constructed transmission tower on the South Lawn. However, Trump was unhappy with the channel they had created, moaning that it was “boring” because “the gorillas aren’t fighting.”

Staff edited out all the parts of the documentaries where gorillas weren’t hitting each other, and at last the president was satisfied. “On some days he’ll watch the gorilla channel for 17 hours straight,” an insider told me.

I have reposted these paragraphs to soothe free thoughtpolice. These words are his 'gorilla channel'. Here, have an entire 'think piece' in Vanity Fair, claiming that-- although the 'gorilla channel' story is fake news... it also is true. If you want it to be. tinyurl.com/gorillachannel12

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Was he always a bleary-eyed drunk? Is he one now? At the time, he was in Vegas competing in the world series of poker, allegedly to write a book...

so maybe he was just sleep-deprived and vegased-out. But I know what an alcoholic with a day job looks like.

i intended to ask John D. or somebody
Ask Justin Vacula -- he may have run across Silver in a poker tourney.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: On his first night in the White House, President Trump complained that the TV in his bedroom was broken, because it didn’t have “the gorilla channel.” Trump seemed to be under the impression that a TV channel existed that screened nothing but gorilla-based content, 24 hours a day.

To appease Trump, White House staff compiled a number of gorilla documentaries into a makeshift gorilla channel, broadcast into Trump’s bedroom from a hastily-constructed transmission tower on the South Lawn. However, Trump was unhappy with the channel they had created, moaning that it was “boring” because “the gorillas aren’t fighting.”

Staff edited out all the parts of the documentaries where gorillas weren’t hitting each other, and at last the president was satisfied. “On some days he’ll watch the gorilla channel for 17 hours straight,” an insider told me.

I have reposted these paragraphs to soothe free thoughtpolice. These words are his 'gorilla channel'. Here, have an entire 'think piece' in Vanity Fair, claiming that-- although the 'gorilla channel' story is fake news... it also is true. If you want it to be. tinyurl.com/gorillachannel12
It's been done before.
Suetonius wrote:On retiring to Capri he devised a pleasance for his secret orgies: teams of wantons of both sexes, selected as experts in deviant intercourse and dubbed analists, copulated before him in triple unions to excite his flagging passions.

Its bedrooms were furnished with the most salacious paintings and sculptures, as well as with an erotic library, in case a performer should need an illustration of what was required. Then in Capri's woods and groves he arranged a number of nooks of venery where boys and girls got up as Pans and nymphs solicited outside bowers and grottoes: people openly called this "the old goat's garden," punning on the island's name.

He acquired a reputation for still grosser depravities that one can hardly bear to tell or be told, let alone believe. For example, he trained little boys (whom he termed tiddlers) to crawl between his thighs when he went swimming and tease him with their licks and nibbles. Unweaned babies he would put to his organ as though to the breast, being by both nature and age rather fond of this form of satisfaction.

Left a painting of Parrhasius' depicting Atalanta pleasuring Meleager with her lips on condition that if the theme dipleased him he was to have a million sesterces instead, he chose to keep it and actually hung it in his bedroom. The story is also told that once at a sacrifice, attracted by the acolyte's beauty, he lost control of himself and, hardly waiting for the ceremony to end, rushed him off and debauched him and his brother, the flute-player, too. Subsequently, when they complained of the assault, he had their legs broken. 

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

i intended to ask John D. or somebody
Ask Justin Vacula -- he may have run across Silver in a poker tourney.
in the second Obama election Nate Silver correctly predicted almost every single voting district. It was a masterpiece. Did he have inside information? I don’t know. But his prediction was almost unbelievably accurate. Now… of course… he has not recreated this masterpiece. In my view he has been completely off in recent years. A waste of time. Perhaps he will come back in a blaze of glory…. But I doubt it.

John D

Post by John D »

this young man has stones.! He saw a shooter with a rifle at 40 yards . I don’t think I would have the stones to take a shot. I would probably back away and try to defend my space. This dood landed 8 of 10 shots at 40 yards. God damn. He could have had return rifle fire at him but he decided to act. Wow. I just hope he doesn’t suffer from hero issues. Some people who do heroic things suffer because they can’t do anything that is bigger than their heroic act and actually get depressed. Hope this young man has a good life.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: A waste of time.
Yeah, and I agree with your previous assessment-- about how Technical Investing doesn't work anymore, because the market learned-to 'price in' the technical cues.

But-- the reason I've been studying five38 lately-- isn't to take their words at face-value. I'm trying to get a feel for their day-to-day flow of bullshit. So I have a baseline... against-which to compare their upcoming bullshit. (That's how I read TheStreet.com when I was a day-trader for a year, back around 2000.)

But delving into five38 has been a futile and crummy-feeling exercise. I don't like the 'horse race' coverage of election races, but here-i-am, rolling around in the horse apples.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Matt Cavanaugh wrote: ↑
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcbwczvh8eQ

this young man has stones.!
That lady attorney has a big rack & a voice like Mikhaila Peterson.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: in the second Obama election Nate Silver correctly predicted almost every single voting district. It was a masterpiece. Did he have inside information? I don’t know.
Yes, he was given access to the Obama campaign's internal polling.

Now… of course… he has not recreated this masterpiece. In my view he has been completely off in recent years.
Worse than that, he's placed a bet on every possible outcome. And he keeps a secret the ingredients of his special sauce until he pulls them out of his ass.

Silver predicts batter will hit between .280 and .320 -- a range that's common from season to season, and dependent on a variety of factors and just pure chance. Take any consistent slugger, make that 'prediction' (sic), and you will be correct nearly all the time. (And when wrong, appeal to any of an abundant supply of ad hoc explanations.)

Silver's a fraud. But there's a large market for prognostication that matches the client's aspiration, and Silver gladly provides that service. So do palm readers.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: his special sauce until he pulls them out of his ass.
Do NOT enlarge that text by cutting it & pasting it into your search bar. I made that mistake.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

In the last Prez election-- one of the factors Silver built into his model-- was the number of times the front page headlines of the NYTimes... were full-width across the whole page.

In that case-- he DID announce ahead-of-time-- that this quirky data-point was part of his model. Thus giving the NYTimes the power to directly influence his results.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Official report on the vax side effects in Germany

https://www.pei.de/SharedDocs/Downloads ... onFile&v=5
My German is a little rusty - any evidence therein as to how that 1 in 5000 "adverse events" you quoted earlier is substantially worse than the numbers for all the other vaccines? ... ;)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:36 pm
any evidence therein as to how that 1 in 5000 "adverse events" you quoted earlier is substantially worse than the numbers for all the other vaccines? ... ;)
Ok, let's establish ground rules for counting those numbers.

Can you stipulate that the total number of adverse-events {people HURT by the vax} is a Numerator, above a Denominator {all the people HELPED by the vax.}

So how-many have been HELPED? Well...

The Lancet recently published a letter-- calling readers' attention to a Japanese study in the Journal of Virology, showing that-- Eight Months after injection, in All Age Groups-- 2 doses of Covid Vax had NEGATIVE efficacy compared to REFUSING THE NEEDLE:

oh. shit. A negative number for a Denominator? thaaat's not good.

Hey, Steersman, as long as you're ASSSUMING that the Covid Vax Adverse Response Rate is NO BETTER OR WORSE than all other vaccines... are you gonna asssume that All The Other Vaccines are WORSE than No Jab At All ?

Because... that's the kind of Steersman-ish Steersman thinking... which got you into this mess.

but wait, there's more:

Last month, the Journal of Food and Chemical Toxicology published:

Well crap. How you wanna handle this, Steersman? The same way as you did before? Just assume ALL vaccines do-that?

Or maybe you see the wisdom in NOT approaching this problem in your screwy way...

and just compare the Covid Vax to comparable groups of the Unvax'd. Like EVERY SCIENTIST and "First Do No Harm" doctor would do.

Keating

Post by Keating »

The real question is whether the vaccines have are more effective on men or women. Of course that needs a good definition of what a woman is. I wonder if Steersman knows.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Keating wrote: The real question is whether the vaccines have are more effective on men or women. Of course that needs a good definition of what a woman is. I wonder if Steersman knows.
Are you talking about their sex before or after vaccination?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman has failed to provide ANY evidence that the adverse effects of defining "woman"...

to include women who are not fertile...

is substantially worse than all the other definitions for all the other words.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Since the jab makes you (at least temporarily) infertile, it's highly effective at converting steerzian men & women into steerzian 'honorary men' & 'honorary women' neuters.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
John D wrote: A waste of time.
Yeah, and I agree with your previous assessment-- about how Technical Investing doesn't work anymore, because the market learned-to 'price in' the technical cues.

But-- the reason I've been studying five38 lately-- isn't to take their words at face-value. I'm trying to get a feel for their day-to-day flow of bullshit. So I have a baseline... against-which to compare their upcoming bullshit. (That's how I read TheStreet.com when I was a day-trader for a year, back around 2000.)

But delving into five38 has been a futile and crummy-feeling exercise. I don't like the 'horse race' coverage of election races, but here-i-am, rolling around in the horse apples.
I really can't say anything about what 538 is normally like these days. I was a fan boy a decade ago and then I just totally stopped reading or watching. I suspect that Silver is just a drunken fraud now.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha. The best of Michigan.

John D

Post by John D »

Biden has "Oil Cancer". Haha.

My only hope is that this idiot thinks the nuclear football is just a football and that he will not push any of the buttons. Fuck me.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Haha. The best of Michigan.
Obviously, the proper venue for this dispute is the Food Court at Disneyworld.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: I suspect that Silver is just a drunken fraud now.
I agree in substance, but with a more-charitable slant.

The current face of five38 is a gay dude who talks like all the wimpy, pun-making commentators on NPR. And there's a shrill white feminist cunt who writes endless fluff-pieces about 'The Big Lie' and 'Disinformation'.

So the current 'brand' of five38 is to be a knock-off of 'This American Life', but with hand-waving in the vague direction-of freakanomics pseudo-statistical scientism. And the two foci for Content... are 1.) whimsical nonsense such-as the statistics of dandelions on a Tee-Ball field... and 2.) Election races, soley from the P.O.V. of a 44-year-old snooty/ urbanite/ non-masculine/educated fool.

Nate Silver plays the role of the prematurely-aging out-of-touch hands-off boss, making sporadic guest-appearances in the foreground, but otherwise toiling-away like dad fixing the water heater in the basement. (To the others, this is arcane wizardry, but they don't respect his contribution. They roll their eyes at him.) He's an engineer in a non-engineer lifestyle brand. So he shrugs & drinks & 'researches my book on poker' in Vegas.

I don't say this to shit on you John-- but this telling is not-so-different than your own situation. I don't think you or Silver... by holding-on-for-dear-life to your predicaments... are doing more harm to the world than the ambient level of nonsense in society. So it's kinda reasonable to just go with the 'blue pill' flow. What's the alternative? Pop a handful of 'red pills', abandon your career, home, family, life... and become Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now?!

And even-if you... or Nate Silver... went full Walter White... you'd quickly be the QAnon Shaman's cellmate... & there would still-be an endless chorus of internet edgelords-- saying you're a RINO, a Fed, a 'limited hangout' grifter cuck soros-funded globalist jew simulation psyop blah blah blah.

John D

Post by John D »

Upon my arrival at my local Meijer I noticed that they had taken down the no-guns sign. It was only up for one week. This made me happy since I was carrying Suzie with me. I guess the customers, red-necks and 2nd amendment supporters like me, must have complained.

@Dog - I really don't understand what you are talking about. I don't really do much but laugh at the world. If I could figure out what would help the world I might do something... but really... no one gives one shit about what I say except for some friends when we get together and laugh. I can't contribute in any really constructive way. I enjoy watching politics and the media... sort of like some people like watching football. I could do some kind of charity work, but I really don't like people that much.

I am pretty content really. Good job and salary where I am mostly respected... fun hobbies making music or hiking or birding. I have a variety of friends I see regularly and we enjoy each others company. I can't fix my family, but I can help them as I see fit. I don't want to build up a new bunch of relationships cause most people are fucking cunts in the end... at least I have established some kind of duty from my wife and kids. They may let me rot in a nursing home some day, but at least I have a chance with them.

I have a few flights of fancy where I imagine I am married to Julianne Peterson or where I shoot Woopie Goldberg in the head... but these are just silly thoughts. They entertain me. They really mean nothing.

Nate Silver has sold out his professional reputation to a bunch of faggot commies. That is his problem and not mine. He did it as a calculated way to secure some fame and some income. Thank God I can have a career with integrity.... and while I am a corporate whore... at least I am a whore that provides an honorable service.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: I don't want to build up a new bunch of relationships cause most people are fucking cunts in the end...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: faggot commies
I don't think you & Silver are close equivalents.

There's only a loose resemblance. Like-- similar themes.

The faggot-commie craze swept thru his professional milieu & his only options were martyrdom/ or sacrificing his ideals... to some degree... to co-exist with that reality.

The same craze leaked-into your household & you could either be a hardliner... on every point of contention... & alienate family under your own roof. Or accentuate the positive... & make the most of a life you worked hard-for & deserve.

'Permanent Revolution' is a bolshevik concept-- endless perfectionist jihad. The American way is to chill out & prosper despite our differences.

I think well of you. I wasn't trying to drag you down. I was making a sympathetic case to humanize Nate Silver's trajectory.
Using your personal life as a metaphor was a bad idea... truly sorry.

Coincidentally, today I've been listening-to Tom Woods discuss an essay, "What You Can't Say". It's about weathering storms of Conventional Wisdom, without getting crucified/ nor becoming a bootlicker. TLDR: There's no magic way to win unscathed.

https://tomwoods.com/ep-2166-what-you-cant-say/

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

John D wrote: Biden has "Oil Cancer". Haha.

My only hope is that this idiot thinks the nuclear football is just a football and that he will not push any of the buttons. Fuck me.

I'm sure his handlers have given him a Fisher-Price substitute briefcase and have the real one hidden away.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

My posts often accentuate the negative. But I hate to lose sight of the positive.

Daily walks over the bridge... looking at the tugboats & the endless maintenance being-done on the bridge itself.

& the engineering-zen of my guitar building projects... & watching wonky DIY videos like this revolver.

Looks like it was nibbled outta dry graham crackers.