Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10897
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7621

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: Steers - I was shitting on you because you are such a pain in the ass. And your ideas about "sex" are comic. So... I just gave you some shit to see what you would do. In your usual form you had no idea how to banter about the topic.... just some weird reply about me not knowing what you mean. I know exactly what you mean,,, and it cracks me up. All love from my end.
:roll:

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10897
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7622

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: Furthermore, on that same January 2022 day, this exchange occurred:

#3526Post by Service Dog » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:16 pm
Steersman wrote: ↑
Oh, well, if it came from the good Dr. Malone - inventor of mRNA vaccines and thereby a shoe-in for a Nobel prize ... - then who could possibly doubt it? ....
Your tedious sense of humor is a contributing factor in the decline of the pit. Every time you feel the urge to use a 'winky', you should take that as a hint that your joke-- or sarcastic statement-- isn't worth posting. Especially if you've used the same line repeatedly.

<snippety doh dah
:roll: January 22, eh? Not that you're butthurt and "nursing a grudge" or anything like that ... ;-)

But since you apparently didn't see my response to that old news of yours, you might try considering it now, this passage in particular:
And that claim by Discover - "By the time you’re a teenager or young adult, you really aren't pumping out that many new T cells anymore, and by the time you’re forty, you have hardly any" - looks to be rather untenable at best if not an outright howler. For instance, see:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... objectonly
https://immunityageing.biomedcentral.co ... /figures/1

The first has a table of the concentration, I assume, of the two main T cell types - CD4 & CD8 in the young and the old:
CD4 (%) --- 52·08 ± 13·73 (12) --- 46·54 ± 15·21 (26) --- NS
CD8 (%) --- 26·25 ± 5·69 (12) --- 19·81 ± 8·77 (26) --- P < 0·05
Doesn't look like a big change to me, but I'm sure that you with your degree in biochemistry and inside track to the good Dr. Malone can show how those are consistent with the Discover claim. :roll:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=560&p=507509#p507519

Rather sadly, far too many ostensibly or previously credible journals and news magazines - Nature, Scientific American, Discover, etc. - have been corrupted by rot of one sort or another. Some complex issues there, and it's often moot exactly who HASN'T been corrupted, but I think you need to take a bit more care in who you tout, to do a bit more "due diligence" before barking like a trained seal.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10897
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7623

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: You're so desperately committed to various Covid conspiracy theories that you can't let go of entirely bogus claims and untenable positions.
...
I regret that I can't give you a specific timecode reference, but: one salient moment in the podcast-- was when the doctor described a lesson learned from the HPV vaccine Gardasil.

The original version of Gardasil was derived from 4 strains of HPV. And girls who received that version developed immunity to those 4 strains.

A few years later-- a new&improved version of HPV vax was developed. This version bestowed immunity to 9 strains of HPV.

But, it turned-out, the 9 strain immunity benefit was limited to girls who were Never Given the prior vaccine.

When girls-who-had-already-been-administered the 4-strain version... received a "booster" of the new version... their immune systems were "trained" to notice those Same 4 Strains as last-time. BUT their bodies Failed To Notice & Neglected To Develop responses to the 5 new strains in the new product.

<snip>
You might have a bit of a point with the Gardasil; I'll maybe find some time to skim through the video.

Though I wonder, if you had been in charge of the roll-out of Gardasil-4, if you would have delayed the release of it until the Gardasil-9 came along. Or the Gardasil-20 ... or the Gardasil-973 or ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_i ... my_of_good

You seem far too quick to peddle whatever supports your conspiracy-theory-du-jour that you hardly even stop to think of any extenuating circumstances or perspectives. Not a good look.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10897
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7624

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: any plans afoot to walk back from your own about AP and VAIDS?
Funny you should ask.

Just-today, I saw the fact-checker stooges are running the exact-same deception... as the AP did with "VAIDS".

<blathering snipped>

And AP insisted on addressing "VAIDS" As If it were literally a variant of HIV/AIDS... rather than a different thing which happens to have a similar acronym. And so the AP's fact-check left the more-formidable-claims about "VAIDS", from more formidable sources-- entirely un-rebutted & unscathed. Steersman has studiously avoided comprehending that prior sentence for half a year.

<snip>
:roll: What self-serving and intellectually dishonest horse crap - being charitable.

You SAID - waaay back - that "European Medicines Agency admits Boosters cause VAIDS":

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=560&p=507742#p507733

They said nothing of the fucking sort. You and other conspiracy theorists and nutcases haven't ever defined what you mean by that term. You're just using it to engage in scare-mongering because of its similarity to AIDS.

What a bunch of ignorant frauds.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7625

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: Though I wonder, if you had been in charge of the roll-out of Gardasil-4, if you would have delayed the release of it until the Gardasil-9 came along. Or the Gardasil-20 ... or the Gardasil-973 or ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_i ... my_of_good

You seem far too quick to peddle whatever supports your conspiracy-theory-du-jour that you hardly even stop to think of any extenuating circumstances or perspectives. Not a good look.
Your reply is a blunder. No such extenuating circumstances exist.

This is NOT a "perfect is the enemy of the good" situation. There is NO DOWNSIDE to sparing children from the needle today... and leaving their options open... so they may-or-may-not accept a later More Effective version of a Covid Vaccine... many years from now.


There is NO UPSIDE to injecting kids in 2022 with a leftover 2020 Wuhan Variant vax... "blinding" their immune systems to detecting future variants/ and reducing the effectiveness of future vaccines (when those kids grow to an age at-which covid poses a statistically-significant threat.)


Likewise, in the case of the HPV vaccine-- additional data-points remove "the perfect" from being "the enemy of the good".
1.) certain strains of HPV are associated with a higher incidence of Cervical Cancer, Anal Cancer, Vulva Cancer, Vaginal Cancer. Other strains pose 'only' the threat of genital warts. Even the original HPV vax protected against the cancer strains/ tilting the balance toward Not Waiting For A Better Vax.
2.) whether any particular female is sexually-active... can inform the decision whether to accept a current version, or wait for a better one.
3.) The medical authorities offer _different_ recommendations for girls 9-to-13... vs. women aged 27-to-45 (for example)... regarding decisions... such-as how-frequently to get-boosted for HPV. These differing recommendations are tailored to optimize for the most bird-in-the-hand "good" vs. "bird-in-the-bush" perfect.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird-in-Hand_Hotel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird-in-H ... nnsylvania

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_in_Hand_winery

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird-in-Hand_mine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_in_Hand_(painting)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_(automobile)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... c_Hair.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pubic_hair

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7626

Post by Service Dog »



Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 15241
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7627

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »


fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 2195
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7628

Post by fuzzy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: WHO is working on a new name for Monkeypox
Schlong Covid

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 8121
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7629

Post by AndrewV69 »

Meanwhile:

Florida man plays hide and seek, in a suitcase. and it does not end well ...


fafnir
.
.
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7630

Post by fafnir »

Steersman wrote:
fafnir wrote: Steersman, I thought I'd draw your attention to this thread over at the International Skeptics:
Trans women are not women (IX)
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... 25&page=41

You've got a couple of 2nd wave feminists arguing with a bunch of trans rights folks. It all hinges on the definition on "woman". There's something lacking from the discussion...
Bat signal received! ;-) But thanks for the heads-up on which I'll probably weigh-in. Though it seems to be another phBB site like the Pit - all of the ads there make me appreciate more that that isn't the case here. :-)
It's just the reskinned James Randi Forum.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7631

Post by Service Dog »

fuzzy wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: WHO is working on a new name for Monkeypox
Schlong Covid
Monkey Braille

John D
.
.
Posts: 5842
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7632

Post by John D »

Pounder Pox

John D
.
.
Posts: 5842
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7633

Post by John D »

Butt Fuck Flu

John D
.
.
Posts: 5842
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7634

Post by John D »

Another good day. Fred and Ginger have little House Wren hatchlings in my silly pineapple shaped birdhouse. They are small and hard to see so I don't know how many. Fred and Ginger find a bug to feed them about every three minutes or so. God they are great bug hunters.

My neighbor's yard is full of Black-eyed Susans. They are scattered across the lawn. They are are result of my having planted some four years ago. They lasted two years and then died for some reason. But... their children live on. The seeds having been blown to the east from my original patch.

Gonna seal my concrete this weekend. All is well in my tiny palace... and regarding the problems of the world... I really couldn't care less.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 11619
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7635

Post by Lsuoma »

AndrewV69 wrote: Meanwhile:

Florida man plays hide and seek, in a suitcase. and it does not end well ...

Looks like an open and shut case to me.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10897
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7636

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Meanwhile:

Florida man plays hide and seek, in a suitcase. and it does not end well ...

.youtube.com/watch?v=MCDLu5DZzr8&ab_channel=COURTTV
Looks like an open and shut case to me.
... of American blind justice... ;-)

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4939
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7637

Post by Bhurzum »

Primate-pumper-pox.
"The" Chimpansy.
Silverback spunk syphilis.
Galloping Mandrill (a personal favorite!).
Simian semen syndrome.
Terminal monkey-banger.
https://c.tenor.com/gISUvaCfgOAAAAAM/monkey.gif

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7638

Post by Service Dog »

Dippin' Dots

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10897
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7639

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: Dippin' Dots
MAIDS ... ;-)

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 15241
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7640

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Meanwhile:

Florida man plays hide and seek, in a suitcase. and it does not end well ...

Looks like an open and shut case to me.
Could someone unpack this story for me?

jet_lagg
.
.
Posts: 2599
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7641

Post by jet_lagg »

fuzzy wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:20 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: WHO is working on a new name for Monkeypox
Schlong Covid
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 15241
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7642

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

2020:
Stay home, save lives

2022:
Where's our vax already so we can continue to have butt sex with strangers we meet in mens' rooms?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4939
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7643

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 2020:
Stay home, save lives

2022:
Where's our vax already so we can continue to have butt sex with strangers we meet in mens' rooms?
Ooh, ooh, I got a new one...Rest Room Rubella!

:)

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4939
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7644

Post by Bhurzum »

Holy shit!



:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 8121
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7645

Post by AndrewV69 »

I totally stole that and posted it to Twatter as if I found it all by myself.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7646

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: MAIDS ... ;-)
:clap:

John D
.
.
Posts: 5842
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7647

Post by John D »

Damn - this looks pretty fun.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7648

Post by Service Dog »



.

.

. Knobby Knob
.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 11619
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7649

Post by Lsuoma »

Hey Steerzo - ever heard of Kitsault?

https://justinmcelroy.com/2022/07/26/vi ... host-town/

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10897
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7650

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote: Hey Steerzo - ever heard of Kitsault?

https://justinmcelroy.com/2022/07/26/vi ... host-town/
No, I hadn't - interesting story.

From a Geo-location site, somewhat north of Prince Rupert & East of what were called the Queen Charlotte islands but now called Haida Gwaii:

https://geotargit.com/index.php?qcountr ... 20Mountain

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4939
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7651

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Hey Steerzo - ever heard of Kitsault?

https://justinmcelroy.com/2022/07/26/vi ... host-town/
There's something incredibly sad about that. So much hope, the ambitions and potential of the families, all cut to naught by miserable luck. Also, as the author stated, it bears a chilling resemblance to Chernobyl only much, much cleaner.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 11021
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7652

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lsuoma wrote: Hey Steerzo - ever heard of Kitsault?

https://justinmcelroy.com/2022/07/26/vi ... host-town/
An ironworker friend worked on building the mine. It's about as far north as you can go in coastal BC and I believe the Kitsault River is the furthest north Steelhead bearing stream in N. America.
A lesson in the risks of buying mining stocks.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 11619
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7653

Post by Lsuoma »

I find stories like that fascinating. I'm a big fan of sites like Abandoned America and Atlas Obscura, and whenever we're on the road I try to look out interesting places to visit. I used to do urban exploration in the UK - arrested for trespassing lots of times - but you need to be fit for that, and I'm not any more

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 11021
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7654

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Tucker Carlson peddling more false info on vaccines.
https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/ ... odgetwins/

In a review article, Seneff et al. claimed that COVID-19 mRNA vaccines could weaken the immune system through various biological pathways and increase the risk of infection and cancer. It should be noted that its lead author is Stephanie Seneff, a computer scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, who has no training in infectious diseases or vaccines. Seneff has claimed that vaccines cause autism, a claim that has been disproven by large-scale scientific studies which have thus far shown no association between vaccination and risk of autism.

In an email to Health Feedback, Angeline Rouers, a senior research fellow at the A*STAR Infectious Diseases Labs in Singapore, stated that she found the review to be misleading and based on misinterpretation of scientific studies. The authors claimed that the innate immune response, in particular type I interferon, is suppressed because COVID-19 vaccines favor the adaptive immune response instead. However, the fact that COVID-19 vaccination promotes adaptive immunity as opposed to innate immunity isn’t surprising.

“It is normal and expected to observe different immune profiles following vaccination and infection,” said Rouers. “The vaccines provide long-term protection against COVID-19 without the sickness that comes from infection. Therefore, the immune reaction that vaccination elicits is different from that stimulated by infection.”

Furthermore, the promotion of adaptive immunity by COVID-19 vaccination doesn’t imply the suppression of the innate immune system and “has no impact on the immunity against other pathogens or against cancer,” Rouers clarified. [See Rouers’ full remarks here.]

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 15241
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7655

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Spot the family snitch:

snitch.jpg
(514.73 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 11619
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7656

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Spot the family snitch:


snitch.jpg
Would do three of those.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7657

Post by Service Dog »

.
free thoughtpolice wrote: “The vaccines provide long-term protection against COVID-19
why boosters then?
without the sickness that comes from infection.
Joe Biden is vaccinated vaccinated vaccinated & sick sick sick.

.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 2195
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7658

Post by fuzzy »

Scott Adams was especially fun today. He begins by explaining his lip sore as having been caused by a piece of spinach which stuck as he spat out some overheated soup ... while also fucking a gay monkey, but he's pretty sure the monkeysex wasn't the reason because he's read that you both have to be gay to transmit the disease. Later on in the stream, he proposes a two-week program to stop the spread by encouraging people to masturbate instead of having sex, calling the program "spank the monkey". and more riifs along these lines ...

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 11021
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7659

Post by free thoughtpolice »

service dog wrote:
Joe Biden is vaccinated vaccinated vaccinated & sick sick sick.
Meanwhile news reports on Biden's condition:
[Covid patients who take the anti-viral Paxlovid have experienced rebound cases. In May, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued an advisory that rebound cases for patients taking Paxlovid were documented, but the rebound cases were no more severe than the initial infections in those patients.

"The President has not experienced any reemergence of symptoms and is feeling quite well," White House physician Kevin O'Connor wrote in a memo released Saturday. "This being the case, there is no reason to reinitiate treatment at this time, but we will obviously continue close observation."/quote]

I am reported as writing:
free thoughtpolice wrote: ↑
“The vaccines provide long-term protection against COVID-19
The article I quoted uses "long term" protection and later goes on to describe the waning effects of the vaccine and quantifies the time period the effects last.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7660

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Paxlovid .... rebound cases
Who gives a fuck about "rebound cases" or "Paxlovid" ?

I said Joe Biden was 4x vaccinated, but he still got sick.
And your rebuttal is to tell-me his "rebound" was due to "Paxlovid" ??! HAW!
__

free thoughtpolice wrote: “The vaccines provide long-term protection against COVID-19 without the sickness that comes from infection.
"Long-term protection" and "without the sickness" are both FALSE.

You can't refute that, so you changed the subject to "Paxlovid" and "rebound cases".

__

free thoughtpolice wrote: The article I quoted uses "long term" protection and later goes on to describe the waning effects of the vaccine and quantifies the time period the effects last.
FALSE. Your article says no such thing.

In fact, the word "long" appears only twice in the article you quoted. And that's ONLY IF you count S-S-STUTTERING as twice:

1). “It is normal and expected to observe different immune profiles following vaccination and infection,” said Rouers. “The vaccines provide long-term protection against COVID-19 without the sickness that comes from infection. Therefore, the immune reaction that vaccination elicits is different from that stimulated by infection.”

2.) However, it is normal and expected to observe different immune profiles following vaccination and infection[1]. The vaccines provide long-term protection against COVID-19 without the sickness that comes from infection. Therefore, the immune reaction that vaccination elicits is different from that stimulated by infection.


__


My favorite part of the article is this morass of double (triple?) negatives...

"Furthermore, the promotion of adaptive immunity by COVID-19 vaccination doesn’t imply the suppression of the innate immune system and “has no impact on the immunity against other pathogens or against cancer,” Rouers clarified.

If that's how Rouers "clarifies", I'd hate to hear her Obfuscate.


__

As of today, Dr. Kenji Yamamoto's letter to The Lancet stands intact:
Abstract

Recently, The Lancet published a study on the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines and the waning of immunity with time. The study showed that immune function among vaccinated individuals 8 months after the administration of two doses of COVID-19 vaccine was lower than that among the unvaccinated individuals. According to European Medicines Agency recommendations, frequent COVID-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune response and may not be feasible. The decrease in immunity can be caused by several factors such as N1-methylpseudouridine, the spike protein, lipid nanoparticles, antibody-dependent enhancement, and the original antigenic stimulus. These clinical alterations may explain the association reported between COVID-19 vaccination and shingles. As a safety measure, further booster vaccinations should be discontinued. In addition, the date of vaccination should be recorded in the medical record of patients. Several practical measures to prevent a decrease in immunity have been reported. These include limiting the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, including acetaminophen to maintain deep body temperature, appropriate use of antibiotics, smoking cessation, stress control, and limiting the use of lipid emulsions, including propofol, which may cause perioperative immunosuppression. In conclusion, COVID-19 vaccination is a major risk factor for infections in critically ill patients.

Dear Editor,

The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has led to the widespread use of genetic vaccines, including mRNA and viral vector vaccines. In addition, booster vaccines have been used, but their effectiveness against the highly mutated spike protein of Omicron strains is limited. Recently, The Lancet published a study on the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines and the waning of immunity with time [1]. The study showed that immune function among vaccinated individuals 8 months after the administration of two doses of COVID-19 vaccine was lower than that among unvaccinated individuals. These findings were more pronounced in older adults and individuals with pre-existing conditions. According to the European Medicines Agency’s recommendations, frequent COVID-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune response and may not be feasible [2]. Several countries, including Israel, Chile, and Sweden, are offering the fourth dose to only older adults and other groups rather than to all individuals [3]...

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fv ... 22-01831-0

free_thoughtpolice cited Facebook's crooked "fact-checker" ...which relied only on an email
from some-lightweight skepchick... to deem Dr. Yamamoto's concurrence in The Lancet

to be "VERDICT: INACCURATE" in the style of Snopes.


InfluenceWatch.org:

Health Feedback
PARENT ORGANIZATION: SCIENCE FEEDBACK

Website:
healthfeedback.org

Formation:
2015

Type:
“Fact-Checking” Service

Health Feedback is a fact-checking service under the auspices of Science Feedback, which operates multiple left-leaning science-related fact-check services including Climate Feedback. [1] Science Feedback, and by extension Health Feedback, was chiefly supported by the Center for Climate Communication at the University of California, Merced, from 2015 to 2017. [2] Other prominent institutional supporters include the Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society, the Credibility Coalition, and the Shuttleworth Foundation. [3]

Bias Controversy
Health Feedback flagged a video published by Live Action, a pro-life non-profit organization, as inaccurate. [8] As a result, Facebook, which partners with Health Feedback to provide “fact-checking” services for the platform, notified the pro-life group that the contents of their page would be subject to “reduced distribution and other restrictions because of repeated sharing of false news.” [9]

Critics objected to Health Feedback’s choice of reviewers, noting that “two of the physicians involved in reviewing the claim had ties to abortion rights groups.” [10] Following accusations of politically motivated censorship by Live Action, U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), and U.S. Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO), Facebook removed the fact check. [11]

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7661

Post by Service Dog »




38% of the San Francisco AIDS Foundation's funding is from "Government Grants".


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7663

Post by Service Dog »



free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 11021
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7665

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote.
Biden is sick sick sick
Fact: Biden tested positive but is asymptomatic. He is not sick sick sick.
After posting lie Service Dog tries to change subject and posts lots of spam. Tried and true troll trick.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4939
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7666

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: I find stories like that fascinating. I'm a big fan of sites like Abandoned America and Atlas Obscura, and whenever we're on the road I try to look out interesting places to visit.
I'm a huge fan of the "living off-grid" kinda stuff - folks building cabins in the woods, growing their own crops, fishing and trapping to survive etc. There's something very relaxing (almost therapeutic) to watching their efforts take shape. For example, this is the latest part of a series I've been watching for a while now:



If you are interested, you can go all the way back to her clearing a tiny patch of ground, selecting where to build then constructing the first part of the farm from scratch. There are some who say she's a fraud, that when the camera is off, a squad of builders appear from the bushes and do 90% of the work for her. Whatever the case may be, I really enjoy her videos.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7667

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fact: Biden tested positive but is asymptomatic. He is not sick sick sick.

.
free thoughtpolice wrote:
After posting lie Service Dog tries to change subject and posts lots of spam. Tried and true troll trick.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 11021
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7668

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fact: Biden tested positive but is asymptomatic. He is not sick sick sick.

.
free thoughtpolice wrote:
After posting lie Service Dog tries to change subject and posts lots of spam. Tried and true troll trick.
Biden's symptoms listed are from 10 days ago. He now tests positive but is asymptomatic and has been for several days.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7669

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Biden's symptoms listed are from 10 days ago. He now tests positive but is asymptomatic and has been for several days.
You are drawing a distinction without a difference.

You made a claim. I used the example of Biden to show that your claim was false.

The example was valid 10 days ago, & today, & will remain valid 10 days from now:
.
I'm right & you're wrong... but if you're incapable of conceding the example of Biden... we need not dwell on that one example.

Don't lose sight of the Big Picture which that example illustrates:

MILLIONS of people got vaccinated vaccinated vaccinated and still got sick sick sick.

https://media.patriots.win/post/K8fxzbXJ.png https://media.patriots.win/post/fVZScIWPlUPx.jpeg

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 11021
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7670

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote:
You made a claim. I used the example of Biden to show that your claim was false.

The example was valid 10 days ago, & today, & will remain valid 10 days from now:
You said yesterday that Biden was sick, sick sick. He was asymptomatic yesterday and didn't feel sick at all but still tested as infected.
Sick, sick sick would infer that he felt unwell and had symptoms. He wasn't sick, sick ,sick yesterday or symptomatic. Because he had symptoms 10 days ago doesn't mean he had them yesterday. He didn't.
You were wrong. Admit it.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7671

Post by Service Dog »

.

No... you have it completely backward.

This was your assertion:
free thoughtpolice wrote: The vaccines provide long-term protection against COVID-19
The only thing you're proving-- is that the "long-term protection" is 10 DAYS LESS than if Biden got sick today.


Biden's SECOND BOOSTER was on March 30, 2022.

Biden tested positive for the China Virus July 21, 2022.

"Long-term protection" = 3 months + 3 weeks.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 11021
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7672

Post by free thoughtpolice »

[
This was your assertion:/quote]

That was a single ehort sentence in article that I posted that you seized on and took out of context to obscure the point and change the subject, your usual deflect and spam trick.
You said Biden was sick sick sick on Saturday when he wasn't. Then you posted something from 10 days ago when he was symptomatic to assert that he was sick yesterday, rather than infected but asymptomatic. You were Wrong. Admit it.
As an aside, another mistake you make is to insist that vaccines don't work because they don't fully prevent people from becoming infected. Most vaccines work by helping the immune system recognize an early infection so that people don't get as sick as they would otherwise.
Biden did not get terribly sick, he was not hospitalized and didn't have severe symptoms in spite of him being very old. Yesterday he was well enough he didn't even have any symptoms. The vaccine and boosters did their job.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7673

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: ...The vaccine and boosters did their job.
► Show Spoiler

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4939
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7674

Post by Bhurzum »



:P

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4939
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7675

Post by Bhurzum »


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7676

Post by Service Dog »

Usually I prefer the original video clip-- not the version with some jackanape howling over it.

But this is delightful.


jet_lagg
.
.
Posts: 2599
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7677

Post by jet_lagg »

Lsuoma wrote: I find stories like that fascinating. I'm a big fan of sites like Abandoned America and Atlas Obscura, and whenever we're on the road I try to look out interesting places to visit. I used to do urban exploration in the UK - arrested for trespassing lots of times - but you need to be fit for that, and I'm not any more
What was the general attitude from law enforcement like in the UK? I was fascinated by this guy years back and remember him mentioning in Paris they still arrest you, but at least they don't think you're a lunatic criminal for wanting to do it.

https://www.undercity.org/



Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7679

Post by Service Dog »

.

Swedish Study confirms MIT claim:
mRNA vaccine altered Human Genome DNA in Liver cells.



Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#7680

Post by Service Dog »

At the end of June, Nate Silver launched fivethirtyeight's model for predicting the 2022 midterm elections.

In the first days of July-- the Republicans' odds of winning a majority into Senate climbed to 54-in-100.

HOWEVER, In the last few days--

the Republicans' odd of winning the Senate have drastically plunged,

according to five38's NEW model:



If you revert to five38's prior "Classic" model, the GOP odds are worse:



And if you simply aggregate all the polls, the GOP has only a longshot chance:




I'm kinda beating a dead horse here--
Matt & John have replied to similar posts, saying Yeah, dude, polling isn't accurate anymore.

But, nonetheless I'm surprised to see How MUCH Silver's model differs from poll results.

Polling is broken & Silver has to practically taxidermy it-- to make it resemble reality.

Locked