Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
fafnir

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by fafnir »

AndrewV69 wrote: I am all for the separation of church and state. What people do not seem to realize is that many state actors appear to be a member of a variety of a pernicious religious cult.

We are so fucked.

Because,

We are going to get a Sulla at some point. Good luck then.
Sulla's are OK. They are symptoms. They are inevitable when the elite stop taking care of shit. At least they are competent and arrest the decline for a while. It's the barbarians at the gate and collapse that worry me. I don't see any immediate signs of a Sulla though. If we are going by historic analogy... you'd need some hyper-competent general to rise up who commanded the loyalty of the military. It would take a long and existentially serious war to allow such a man to gain enough power to become a Sulla. Are there any Sullas at the top of the current military?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote: These days, I tend to skim over whatever is reported about Der Peezus. His issues and challenges, his struggles with reality, has been exhaustively documented at this point.

<snip>
"struggles with reality", indeed.

But I had only weighed-in over there because of his December 2021 tweet which looked like he had had a "Road to Damascus" conversion:

Tweets_PZ_Myers_CisWomenNotFemale_1A.jpg
(74.56 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

https://twitter.com/pzmyers/status/1466458067491598342

If you're still on "Twatter", you might ask him about that ... ;-) I've been "defenestrated" there for running afoul of the "Trannish Inquisition".

But I had actually only found it on Benson's blog because of a search for - if I remember correctly - feminist "philosopher" Jane Clare Jones:

https://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/20 ... t-pattern/

Sadly when push comes to shove - particularly from his "Horde" - he's only too willing to abandon facts for dogma. Rather too common state of affairs.

Reminds me of Islam's Golden Age, and even that of the early Catholic Church - both about the same time - where they were champions of unfettered inquiry. At least until the results conflicted with religious dogma. At which point - as I think Canadian Muslim Irshad Manji once put it in her The Trouble With Islam Today (and then) - the "Gates of Ijtihad" closed with a resounding "clang" of finality.

But, speaking of Islam, happen to have run across anything recently about Salim Mansur? That was a very useful link to his HoC testimony that you had provided - waaay back. But last I'd read was something about being persona non grata in the Conservative/People's Party.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: These days, I tend to skim over whatever is reported about Der Peezus. His issues and challenges, his struggles with reality, has been exhaustively documented at this point.

<snip>
"struggles with reality", indeed.

But I had only weighed-in over there because of his December 2021 tweet which looked like he had had a "Road to Damascus" conversion:

Tweets_PZ_Myers_CisWomenNotFemale_1A.jpg

https://twitter.com/pzmyers/status/1466458067491598342

If you're still on "Twatter", you might ask him about that ... ;-) I've been "defenestrated" there for running afoul of the "Trannish Inquisition".

But I had actually only found it on Benson's blog because of a search for - if I remember correctly - feminist "philosopher" Jane Clare Jones:

https://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/20 ... t-pattern/

Sadly when push comes to shove - particularly from his "Horde" - he's only too willing to abandon facts for dogma. Rather too common state of affairs.

Reminds me of Islam's Golden Age, and even that of the early Catholic Church - both about the same time - where they were champions of unfettered inquiry. At least until the results conflicted with religious dogma. At which point - as I think Canadian Muslim Irshad Manji once put it in her The Trouble With Islam Today (and then) - the "Gates of Ijtihad" closed with a resounding "clang" of finality.

But, speaking of Islam, happen to have run across anything recently about Salim Mansur? That was a very useful link to his HoC testimony that you had provided - waaay back. But last I'd read was something about being persona non grata in the Conservative/People's Party.
Der Pezuz? Nope. He has me blocked, and I likewise have him blocked. Even if that was not the case, I would not bother with this pathetic nonentity. Why bother? Guaranteed that whatever he responded with would be a regurgitation of previous nonsense utterings.

(It is trivial to view tweets from someone who has you blocked, but I do so anyway on the grounds that some are so ignorant they are incapable of figuring it out).

Mansur - I have not kept up with what he is up to. Here is his entry from Rate my Prof:
https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRa ... ?tid=33617
Writings by Salim Mansur (he is effectively on the margins)
https://www.islamicpluralism.org/author/Salim+Mansur
But basically, while we do have some things in common, we do not necessarily have too much either :
https://nationalpost.com/entertainment/ ... aped-islam
“I am one of those Muslims who is at home in the West,” Mansur writes. He was born to an Indian Muslim family and received much of his education in the West, including his PhD at the University of Toronto. He believes he’s deeply aware of the culture and politics on both sides of the West/Islam divide.
(I dinna give a shit if there is a mosque near me and I would not attend if there was, among other things they are probably Sunni and as I said before I no longer give a shit).

Same with Manji ... I have not thought or kept up with her in many years. She is still around apparently

https://irshadmanji.com/

Anyway, when I read The Trouble With Islam Today, I concluded that "no one" is going to listen to her. She wants to have her cake and eat it at the same time. She wans feminism in Islam. Nope. Not going to happen.

What will happen is that the population of "nominal" Muslims will grow over time. Muslim in name mostly, with adherence to some artifacts, and people are not going to advertise it.

They will rally around the flag when it is attacked. But otherwise, not so much. Not many will deliberately isolate themselves like I have done. I suspect that some just do not give a shit like myself. But it is not as if I did a poll or something.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

fafnir wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: I am all for the separation of church and state. What people do not seem to realize is that many state actors appear to be a member of a variety of a pernicious religious cult.

We are so fucked.

Because,

We are going to get a Sulla at some point. Good luck then.
Sulla's are OK. They are symptoms. They are inevitable when the elite stop taking care of shit. At least they are competent and arrest the decline for a while. It's the barbarians at the gate and collapse that worry me. I don't see any immediate signs of a Sulla though. If we are going by historic analogy... you'd need some hyper-competent general to rise up who commanded the loyalty of the military. It would take a long and existentially serious war to allow such a man to gain enough power to become a Sulla. Are there any Sullas at the top of the current military?
Yep. No real Sulla in sight at the moment. As for a US military Sulla? Do not make me laugh.

(I could be wrong though)

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:18 pm

Yep. No real Sulla in sight at the moment. As for a US military Sulla? Do not make me laugh.

How about General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who is thoroughly modernizing the military?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog wrote: AOC says Jan6 was an Inside Job, Capitol Police opened doors for Protesters to enter, AOC calls-out Jan6 Hearings for failing to investigate Capitol Police involvement
Boebert offers freshly-red-pilled insurrectionist AOC... a gun...

https://media.patriots.win/post/MaFG7Fxw4ROC.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/E8C4KB9legF2.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/KX1CH5aJfsMF.jpeg

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

The Carol Channing edition of Thoroughly Modern Millie above is seared into my memory. A kid I knew from 5th and 6th grade, when we were 10 and 11 years old, Dew Gresham, could render that song perfectly. Our class in one of those years got to go to a week-long session at a local dude ranch, and I was assigned to the same cabin as Dew. At age 11, at some point during that week I became aware that Dew had a huge thick patch of pubic hair, well in advance of any of the other boys or myself. We won the campout talent show with Dew singing this same Carol Channing version of Thoroughly Modern Millie and the rest of us behind him as a chorus line. Dew was different, and years later I finally worked it out that some people were just born gay and he was one of them. I looked him up, and learned he had died in 1995, which was one of the peak years of AIDS when the disease took some 50,000 lives in the USA. Probably not a coincidence. He was a good guy, and I remember on one occasion I nearly got in a fight arguing with someone who was picking on him. Rest in Peace, Dew.

John D

Post by John D »

As you all know I am totally not gay...but... I do a very very good Ethyl Merman. It fits right into the pocket of my falsetto voice. Maybe I should do a drag act.?.?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: As you all know I am totally not gay...
"not" gay...

https://c.tenor.com/JWofPiMcdbcAAAAC/sarcasm-sign.gif

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

fuzzy wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

How about General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who is thoroughly modernizing the military?

https://boutu.be/IUUqPq2JmdQ
You mean thoroughly modern Milley?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ah fuck it - didn't bother to check out the vid.

John D

Post by John D »

Just returned from seeing my mom in the nursing home. It took her a minute or so to remember me.... but she is 95 yo with memory loss. My feelings are not hurt. I should see her more often but I find excuses. It is a bit uncomfortable for me, but I am always pleased when the visit occurs. I should probably plan dates for a visit in advance so I can have a "plan". I like to have a plan.

I stayed for an hour and played guitar and sang old songs with her. This is a good way to visit. She cannot carry on a conversation at all. She is always a bit worn out and distracted. When I talk to her she says she can't hear, but when I sing a song she can sing along. I don't think the problem is her hearing exactly... it is how she processes the sounds in her brain. She can't always remember me, but she can remember "Old Mill Stream". It was nice outdoors so we sat on the big metal chairs and sang "Daisy", and "Baby Face', etc. They left the screen to the porch open so the wandering confused occupants of memory care could hear us. Some of them watched and clapped.

I went without my wife because she declined to go. She is really angry with everyone right now. When she is really angry like this she will stay by herself and stew for a week or more. No sense in me trying to engage her in this state.... it will go very poorly because she will use unfair discussion techniques to trap me and drag me into her anger. She needs to know that I will not entertain her terrible behavior so I do what she hates... and that is that I dismiss her.

In her defense my oldest daughter ruined our vacation plans for this coming weekend. We had made a camping trip plan for the 22nd to 25th. My daughters called Friday and said she needs the RV on Wednesday the 20th. She told us previously that she would pickup the RV at the end of the month. Well fuck me... the 20th is NOT the end of the month. So... my wife went off on her and they had a giant fight. I called my daughter to make arraignments etc. and tried to stay out of their fight... but my wife heard me talking to my daughter and got super pissed at me for talking to her privately. I told my wife that I can have a private conversation with my daughter if I want. So... here we are... destroyed vacation plans and everyone angry. Haha.

For me. I am pretty good. Maybe I will just do some acid this weekend for "vacation".

I did my duty to my mother. I helped my daughter setup her RV for a moving trip. I am laughing at the "teenager" robins flopping around in my yard and in the birdbath. I drift off to sleep imagining I am going to marry Julianne. I am enjoying the beautiful writing of Charles Dickens.

My garage is really really messy. Hmmmm.... something must be done.

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote:
John D wrote: As you all know I am totally not gay...
"not" gay...

https://c.tenor.com/JWofPiMcdbcAAAAC/sarcasm-sign.gif
This is close. Best scene from "Fisher King".

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Lsuoma wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:57 am
Ah fuck it - didn't bother to check out the vid.
Typical for your level of discourse.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:
This is close. Best scene from "Fisher King".
[/quote]

Never seen it. However, I'm reminded of "Cupid Stunt" by the late-great Kenny Everett...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Quote fail.

:bjarte:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: ...I do a very very good Ethyl Merman...
So did Ernest Borgnine...for about a month.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fuzzy wrote: A kid I knew from 5th and 6th grade, when we were 10 and 11 years old, Dew Gresham, could render that song perfectly.
All the boys I knew who were into broadway turned out gay*, and a couple also died during the AIDs epidemic.

One friend, though, Brian, turned out straight. I think I recounted how he instantly memorized all of Sweeney Todd and sang it on the bus ride home. Brian was a big, chubby, uncoordinated goober. Nicest, most sincere person imaginable, but no good at anything - not sports, certainly not with girls, nothing. I remember he made a model Me 262 and painted it in US Navy colors. Very naive, too. One time I was giving Brian a ride home. He's in the back seat, my best friend's riding shotgun. I say to my friend 'hey -- I'll close my eyes and you guide me down the street!' I just close my right eye and pretend to almost crash into every parked car. Brian's freaking out and refused to ever ride in my car again.

So years later, we look up Brian. He's moved to Arizona, is a swole, bronzed hunk. He's a filthy rich investment banker and has a mansion, a luxury swimming pool, and a hot, buxom babe for a wife. Plus, he's still a great guy and hasn't become a dickhead. Goodonya, Brian!

* Yes, John, it's true: Broadway turns you gay.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: They left the screen to the porch open so the wandering confused occupants of memory care could hear us. Some of them watched and clapped.
I bet none of them recall having voted for Biden, either.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: They left the screen to the porch open so the wandering confused occupants of memory care could hear us. Some of them watched and clapped.
I bet none of them recall having voted for Biden, either.
I am sure they all voted for Biden based on the make-up of the staff. Haha.

John D

Post by John D »

Kafka would be proud!!!!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: One friend, though, Brian, turned out straight. I think I recounted how he instantly memorized all of Sweeney Todd and sang it on the bus ride home. Brian was a big, chubby, uncoordinated goober. Nicest, most sincere person imaginable, but no good at anything - not sports, certainly not with girls, nothing.<snip>
I had an old school-mate like that: very unpopular, low income family, dressed like shit, constant target for bullies etc. We took pity upon him and brought him into our little circle of friends. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever fucked with us. He improved a little bit, started to come out of his shell and became quite a hit within the group.

Anyway, the instant he was old enough, he left school and joined the local infantry battalion - family tradition and all that good stuff.

Bumped into him years later in Germany - I'm a big bloke (constantly mistaken for the doorman/bouncer, a right pain in the hole when you want a quiet drink!) but standing next to him, I looked like a fucking schoolgirl! He looked like he'd spent the last ten years eating weight plates, snorting steroids and lifting tanks for recreational fun. Also, he'd earned himself a fearsome reputation within his unit as someone you simply did not mess with!

I'd like to say he was still the jittery but easy-going kid I knew in highschool but I'd be lying. Thoroughly unpleasant, vicious as fuck and equipped with a hair-trigger-temper, he'd punch your lights out at the slightest provocation. Oh, and he wouldn't run afterwards - he'd prop up the bar and casually finish his pint whilst his victim(s) groaned, fumbled around looking for their teeth or crawled for the door.

I kinda hung out with him for a month or so (his unit was stationed a 10 minute drive from mine) but he was so unpredictable and volatile, I decided to sever all ties for the good of my health and career. I mean, I'm a bit of a nutter but he was fucking crazy!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

https://boutu.be/IUUqPq2JmdQ
You mean thoroughly modern Milley?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Speaking of things that look kinda gay...have I posted this before? I'm a massive fan of "Muse" and the track in question (Exogenesis symphony pt.3) but the addition of the skaters just pushes things into the realm of art. And no, I don't care if it makes me look light on the loafers!

Fucking LOVE that song!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Monkey Pox outbreak at California amusement park:

https://abc7.com/knotts-berry-farm-repo ... /12056543/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: One friend, though, Brian, turned out straight. I think I recounted how he instantly memorized all of Sweeney Todd and sang it on the bus ride home. Brian was a big, chubby, uncoordinated goober. Nicest, most sincere person imaginable, but no good at anything - not sports, certainly not with girls, nothing.<snip>
I had an old school-mate like that: very unpopular, low income family, dressed like shit, constant target for bullies etc. We took pity upon him and brought him into our little circle of friends. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever fucked with us. He improved a little bit, started to come out of his shell and became quite a hit within the group.

Anyway, the instant he was old enough, he left school and joined the local infantry battalion - family tradition and all that good stuff.

Bumped into him years later in Germany - I'm a big bloke (constantly mistaken for the doorman/bouncer, a right pain in the hole when you want a quiet drink!) but standing next to him, I looked like a fucking schoolgirl! He looked like he'd spent the last ten years eating weight plates, snorting steroids and lifting tanks for recreational fun. Also, he'd earned himself a fearsome reputation within his unit as someone you simply did not mess with!

I'd like to say he was still the jittery but easy-going kid I knew in highschool but I'd be lying. Thoroughly unpleasant, vicious as fuck and equipped with a hair-trigger-temper, he'd punch your lights out at the slightest provocation. Oh, and he wouldn't run afterwards - he'd prop up the bar and casually finish his pint whilst his victim(s) groaned, fumbled around looking for their teeth or crawled for the door.

I kinda hung out with him for a month or so (his unit was stationed a 10 minute drive from mine) but he was so unpredictable and volatile, I decided to sever all ties for the good of my health and career. I mean, I'm a bit of a nutter but he was fucking crazy!
Sounds like 'roids.

I knew another kid in school -- he considered us friends but I just put up with him cuz he was completely unpredictable and I wanted that sudden rage directed out the tent. Little guy, would get regularly fucked up cuz his fight picker was broken. Ran into him in our twenties, and he'd pumped up. But only his arms & chest, so he was like Charles Atlas' torso on Bilbo Baggins legs. Calmer, but completely nuts by that point.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha. Good news!

I am now having quality conversations with my 29 yo daughter. Youall may remember how much we have been fighting. We stopped fighting when she needed money and she decided I have autism. So... based on my autism she forgives me for being a racist.

1) She tells me we are all racist. Being called a racist means nothing anymore... unless it will affect your employment. I told my daughter I was happy she didn't think I was a racist...but she quickly corrected me. She told me she thinks I am still very much racist. So I told her that I could live with that. The word racist means almost nothing in the present day. I completely accept my racism. And I completely accept that she is just as racist as I am. No harm... no foul.

2) I told her that I do not think I am autistic. She insisted that I am. I told her that I don't think I have metal disease. And... she agreed... she thinks I am autistic and I also have no mental disease. Haha. So... she thinks I have autism but I also have no mental illness. So I tell her I am just a dood and I have interest in machines and I like to be neat. and... she is like... yeah... you have autism. HAHA.

So. I am absolutely convinced all of my words no longer have the same meaning as they did 20 years ago. All the meanings of all the words have changed. I am just gonna step back and enjoy my life. I can't engage in this dance anymore. I don't care what anyone thinks of me except that I don't want to get fired. My weaponized autism will allow me to succeed at my work and make enough money to retire. This is really all that matters. I used to think I could do something to make the world a better place...but I have given up this imagined thing.

All is well.

I just chatted with my 60 yo engineer neighbor. He was complaining about some wasted government spending. As we chatted I told him I am done with fighting. No one cares what I think and if they do care they will ask me. Living as an engineer in a non-engineer environment is really hard. We are sympathetic to each other and have similar views. I can't convince the non-engineers of anything. When I argue with facts it usually makes things worse. I'm just looking after me for now. This is what my therapist told me three years ago. He was right... but it took me three years to latch on.

Maybe I should see him again. Hmmm... and then I can brag that I am "in therapy"... haha. I love that phrase... "I am in therapy." No you are just talking to some bitch. You are not "in" anything. Fucking people. Haha.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Cultural appropriation par excellence :

Aamazing voice ... this is a cover of the Dolly Parton song Coat of Many Colours in Kikuyu. Even if you are not a fan of the genre you should listen to it at least once.

American Country and Western is apparently very popular in rural Africa because apparently among other things:
Rural Africans are socially conservative farmers and ranchers so naturally music about cows and trucks speaks more to them than pop or hip hop especially if it gives them an excuse to wear their cowboy hats and boots
Twatter thread :

John D

Post by John D »

Haha. This fucking cunt is my US Federal House Rep. She is running all kinds of ads to try to win the primary here.

I love to imitate her. Such a Joy. You plug your nose and then speak with you falsetto voice. God... it's great. " I am in support of all the laws and stuffs!!!"

John D

Post by John D »

AndrewV69 wrote: Cultural appropriation par excellence :
AV69 - Where did you find this gem? She is absolutely delightful. She only has a few hundred likes... and I am like... what the fuck is wrong with the universe. Thanks for sharing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Haha. This fucking cunt is my US Federal House Rep. She is running all kinds of ads to try to win the primary here.

I love to imitate her. Such a Joy. You plug your nose and then speak with you falsetto voice. God... it's great. " I am in support of all the laws and stuffs!!!"

She just needs to let her hair down, have a beer, maybe throw some Stevie Nicks on the juke box.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: Haha. This fucking cunt is my US Federal House Rep. She is running all kinds of ads to try to win the primary here.

She just needs to let her hair down, have a beer, maybe throw some Stevie Nicks on the juke box.

would do

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John D wrote:
AV69 - Where did you find this gem? She is absolutely delightful. She only has a few hundred likes... and I am like... what the fuck is wrong with the universe. Thanks for sharing.
You are welcome. I get goosbumps on my arms listening to her.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Aamazing voice ... <snip>
Wasted potential. She could make a fortune twerking, grinding her box into the camera and singing about wet-ass pussy.

https://c.tenor.com/g8pmXcAQnlgAAAAM/ba ... -b-wap.gif

In all seriousness, it's not my cup of tea but she does have an amazing voice! Oh, and she has more talent in her little finger than your average "twerker" has in their puckered muck-spreader.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: ...she decided I have autism.
John D wrote: I do not think I am autistic.
You could always get tested.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Anybody seen the play Jerusalem? I just saw it. It came across to me as a play about rural Brexit Britain written by London remain Britain. It's somewhere people, in a play constructed by nowhere people. It's a play with characters searching for transcendence, written by a materialist who doesn't believe in transcendence. It's what you'd get if a bunch of LA liberals wrote a script about small town America's discomfort with the effects of globalisation, and progressive meddling.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fafnir wrote: constructed by nowhere people
Last night, GF & I watched the marvel 'Chang-Shi Legend of the Ten Rings' movie... and then I dreamed of all-too-real street stabbings in my actual Chinatown, but 'filmed' in a sterile disney way. In my dream, the police station was a tourist gift shop. (The movie begins in a San Francisco which is 100% clean & middle-class & exists nowhere, the asians are all greeting-card shallow. The spectacle then blatantly rips-off 'Speed' and 'Spirited Away'.)

A few nights earlier, we watched 'Black Widow,' which would-be fine as James Bond fluff, even with the 'Spy Kids' family twist. Except the disney-nowhere-people tried to be clever by making the main villain Harvey Weinstein. Thus making the quirky mom character into Ghislaine Maxwell, trafficking her own underage daughters. All done with jaunty sitcom dialogue.

I attribute these lapses in taste & judgement to the phone-it-in Zoom-meeting morality of the global business class. Combining a sociopath's lack of conscience with raising "awareness" of global warming & covid, and "representation" of Pridentity mannequins...

token gestures to remain atop their highhorse, while trampling real people & places.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog, yes. It's infecting everything. None of the characters or places feel real. Decades ago, I played an early version of MS Flight Simulator. The Statue of Liberty was two dimensional and held up by a stick. It all feels like that. These are simulated realities, made by people who either aren't familiar with, or aren't interested in the places they are depicting for people who similarly aren't familiar or aren't interested. Everything becomes the "it's a small world after all" version of the thing represented.

Going back to Jerusalem [spoilers]. It opens with this girl dressed as a wood sprite singing the question part of Jerusalem....

"And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic mills?"

The answer to these questions is "no! Those things never actually happened". It's set on St Georges day... and there is a poetical telling of the slaying of the dragon. There is a claimed meeting with a giant who supposedly built Stonehenge. "None of these are real, they never happened" the play says. The main character's claimed ancient ties to the land he lives on aren't true. They are just a bunch of grubby, squalid people stuck in a fantasy of a past that never happened because they are unable to cope with their own failure and limitations in the real present. There is no sense of transcendent truth, or belief that such a thing is possible. Maybe without a belief in transcendence, of being bound to things outside ourselves, all that is left is two dimensional and flat.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

fafnir wrote: There is no sense of transcendent truth.
Maybe go and see 'Equus' next time.

Or just find the right drugs.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The dooshbags won't self-correct... otherwise they would have yielded to Brexit.
But their folly will collapse.

Last night I asked GF if Recession will turn-into a Depression.

She's usually sensible-- but this-time I was taken-aback.

She said, "It won't happen because we have things like apps now."

Phone apps will save us? "Yes, people won't have to stand in soup lines with dirty faces."

I see nothing to confirm her faith in "apps". We aren't living in Neal Stephenson's 'Diamond Age'. Our own block is already swarming with filthy vagrants--- with govt iPhones. In fact, a vague faith in "apps" is exactly-why "someone else" is blindly-expected to save us from peril, even-as crime & covid over-reaction & economic blundering... guts us.

If her confidence is widespread, that's a bad sign. Because overconfidence in The Market is a *contrary* indicator-- that it will 'correct' downward.

Maybe GF is unable to forsee serious hardship because -she- will be fine. She speaks English, Chinese, Japanese, French, Kitchen Spanish. She can clean fish & cook anything, at scale. She's not afraid of hard work. She's good at giving orders. And she knows how to deal with gangsters & corrupt bureaucrats. But those traits are rare.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This is Tekle Sundberg.

He was a psychotic menace for three years, until he fired shots in his apartment--
which pierced his neighbor's wall, front door, bathroom.

3 days ago, the neighbor, a single mom-- fearing for the life of her kids-- called the cops.

After a 6-hour stand-off, the cops shot Sundberg dead.

The cops are being investigated for Rrrraaaacism. A 24-hour BLM vigil mourns his death.

The neighbor/mother must pass-thru the BLM protesters, every time she comes & goes.

Fucking Minneapolis. The protesters are INSUFFERABLE, condescending Lib'splainers:

The mother has HAD ENOUGH of their shit:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Most agree that Biden's days are numbered. Here, a cold calculation on just how many:

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... tancy.html

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: This is Tekle Sundberg.

So many lessons:

1) looks like she had plenty of opportunities to have fixed this problem herself.
1a) Buy a gun. Jump and kill the guy in the hall. Cut the palms of your hands with a knife and then put the knife in his had. Then call the cops.
1b) Pay a small sum to the local gang leader to execute the guy.
1c) Get a man in your life an get him to cover the problem.

2) Once she called the cops things were gonna go bad for her. Too bad.

3) The protestors in Minneapolis are just bored and high. They are just having a kind of block party. Grandma has the kids and the guvment check just came in. They can meet at a house, shut down the street, and trade their stash of prescription drugs.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sundberg’s family said he was having a mental health crisis at the time of the shooting.

“Tekle was an imperfect human as we are all imperfect humans and he did not deserve to be picked off like an animal from a rooftop,” his mother said.
Oh, well that makes it okay for him to try to murder his neighbor, then.

Guessing from the surname that lil' Tekle was adopted by white woke knee-jerk lefties, probably that brand of soft christians who practice 'radical acceptance', which amounts to letting complete fuck-ups and mental cases go about their fucked-up, mental existences, so long as they show up on Sundays* to find Jesus.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/17/minneapol ... rotesters/

* Hopefully without a shotgun under their duster.

John D

Post by John D »

You can't expect a mother to be apologetic for their child... because most people are not that ethical. If my child shot through someone's door I would tell everyone I was sorry for failing as a parent... but that is just me.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The protesters have already raised $15,000 in the dead nigger's name so, yeah, their incentive is-what-it-is.

I agree that calling the cops is usually a bad idea. But I don't fault her for making that call when her home was shot-up in the middle of the night.
She's very lucky the cops killed him, instead-of booking & releasing him.

I don't think it's practical to preemptively murder this guy-- certainly not with a gun, knife, a boyfriend or a hired thug. Maybe with fentanyl.

But-- the guy isn't the only problem child. Killing one just sprouts more hydra heads.

The big black guy she's with in the video-- and the big black gangsta car-- look like she's already entwined with ghetto crime life. Probably settled-in to her low 'level' matching her low market value. In other words-- she can have a crummy man to herself, or share a higher-status bad man with other sad single mothers.

If she escaped to a nicer neighborhood, She & her kids might be the worst problem on That block.

--
I had 'the' conversation last night with GF, about whether we should move outta here. She's committed to toughing it out here, unless we made a huge jump, like to Japan. She has a fatalistic view-- that she might die fighting some random knife attacker on the street. But choosing to fight-- in the moment you're attacked-- is the only choice she sees. To her-- moving to a 'safer' place is wishful thinking. It will have other costs, other downsides. I partly see it her way-- life is short & brutal, trying to avoid that is anesthetic delusion. But I also think the best way to win a fight is to not be there.

John D

Post by John D »

Well... but part of me would be motivated to blame the police so I could collect a settlement... not gonna lie.

John D

Post by John D »

Ohhhh.... I like the fentanyl solution. Very clever Dog. I hadn't even thought of that one.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Lsuoma wrote:
"Seattle - the Hunter Biden of Cities."

This ^^^.
Good thing there is a ferry ride between us and them.

John D

Post by John D »

John D wrote: Well... but part of me would be motivated to blame the police so I could collect a settlement... not gonna lie.
Youall finally got rid of my psychotic son.... and I can collect money... Win! Win!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I had 'the' conversation last night with GF, about whether we should move outta here. She's committed to toughing it out here, unless we made a huge jump, like to Japan. She has a fatalistic view-- that she might die fighting some random knife attacker on the street. But choosing to fight-- in the moment you're attacked-- is the only choice she sees. To her-- moving to a 'safer' place is wishful thinking. It will have other costs, other downsides. I partly see it her way-- life is short & brutal, trying to avoid that is anesthetic delusion. But I also think the best way to win a fight is to not be there.
Your psychopathic governess just signed a law making all sidewalks, public transit, and Times Square, gun-free zones. So the GF can either carry in defiance, a la Bernie Goetz, or acquire some mad Yazuka skillz with a Kubotan.

FWIW, many a jüdische Familie circa 1937 had the same discussion you are having.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/14/nyc-woman ... v_vS_TT1gw

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: many a jüdische Familie circa 1937 had the same discussion you are having.
True. This neighborhood was a shithole in 1937. :rimshot:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: The big black guy she's with in the video <snip>
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/65228718.jpg

Most memes are rooted in reality or have a grain of truth to them. Time will tell...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Watch Out!

Witches, fortune-tellers, and psychics of the Spiritual Worker community are being encroached by Scammers And Fakes!

Marginalized BIPOC, Latinx, and Queer supernatural mind readers are being victimized !

VICE deserves a Pulitizer for breaking this story:

https://archive.ph/QMPIE

(also, "Vice Media Gets $250 Million in Debt Funding From George Soros, Other Investors" https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/v ... 203205076/ )

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Stankeye wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
"Seattle - the Hunter Biden of Cities."

This ^^^.
Good thing there is a ferry ride between us and them.
Hmmm. Are you on Whidbey too?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Unfunny Christian comedian, spawn of a nun + a monk (no shit), miffed that the 'good guy with a gun' who recently stopped a mass shooting is being described as a 'Good Samaritan.'

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"The only good Samaritan is a dead Samaritan" --Jesus H. Christ, probably, "Bible, The" (tr. J. Fugelsang)

This is pretty good:
https://www.ktsa.com/does-jesus-christ- ... f-defense/

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I don’t care if he’s called “Good Samaritan” or not, as long as “Good Shot” is fitting.