Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by free thoughtpolice »

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

First you post from the sad Nevertrumper Uncle Ernie's at the Lincoln Project, next a sad Nevertrumper neocon at Bill Kristol's rag.

Note how Saletan, the author, misrepresents and quote-mines Carlson:
a neocon hack wrote:As Carlson defended Putin, he referred repeatedly to race. Americans shouldn’t “hate Putin,” he argued, since Putin hadn’t committed the offense that would have most clearly warranted such hatred. “Has Putin ever called me a racist?” he asked, describing the questions he wants viewers to ask themselves. “Is he teaching my children to embrace racial discrimination? . . . Is he trying to snuff out Christianity?”

In full:
Tucker Carlson" wrote:Many Americans have obeyed this directive. They now dutifully hate Vladimir Putin. Maybe you're one of them. Hating Putin has become the central purpose of America's foreign policy. It's the main thing that we talk about. Entire cable channels are now devoted to it. Very soon, that hatred of Vladimir Putin could bring the United States into a conflict in Eastern Europe. 

Before that happens, it might be worth asking yourself, since it is getting pretty serious: What is this really about? Why do I hate Putin so much? Has Putin ever called me a racist? Has he threatened to get me fired for disagreeing with him? Has he shipped every middle-class job in my town to Russia? Did he manufacture a worldwide pandemic that wrecked my business and kept me indoors for two years? Is he teaching my children to embrace racial discrimination? Is he making fentanyl? Is he trying to snuff out Christianity? Does he eat dogs?
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- ... ans-suffer

Saletan carefully elides every allusion to Xiping's China, thus obscuring that, far from defending Putin, Carlson is calling out the Left's hypocrisy. Remember, it was Biden who labeled Russia an "enemy" but China merely a "competitor."

And today, China reminded the world that unlike Ukraine with Russia, Taiwan has always been, and will always be, part of China. Then yet again violated Taiwanese air space.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Remember, it was Biden who labeled Russia an "enemy" but China merely a "competitor."
I don't remember Biden saying that, if you have sources it would be helpful. If Biden said that it was wrong. Firstly declaring someone an enemy when you are not at war is lousy diplomacy even if technically they are an enemy. Usually I have heard Russia referred to as an adversary.
Also , China is not merely a competitor, although it is a competitor it is also an adversary.
Part of the purpose of heavily sanctioning Russia for invading is to deter China from invading Taiwan and it should be clear that doing that would hurt them is more important than labels and rhetoric.
As for Carlson, I completely disagree with your defense of him. Taking into context what he has said he is clearly defending the Trump/MAGA love affair with Putin and mischaracterizing the left and MSM statements. I'm not sure I can find the video, but I recall him saying "Why don't we just let Russia have Ukraine?" The answer to that would be because allowing Russia to just take Ukraine would violate the generally accepted UN rule that a country's sovereignty should be upheld and would encourage actions like China seizing Taiwan.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Biden’s mouth diarrhea is like Texas weather — if you don’t like it, wait a few hours.

May 2, 2019
“China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man! I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what? They’re not competition for us,”

Sept 16, 2020
COOPER: Do you believe Russia is an enemy?

BIDEN: I believe Russia is an opponent. I really do.

COOPER: Do you view China as an opponent?

BIDEN: I view China as a competitor.
https://transcripts.cnn.com/show/se/dat ... segment/01

Feb 11, 2021
“If we don't get moving, they're going to eat our lunch.”

Biden on Putin:
"I said, 'Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.'"
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014 ... den-agenda

Biden on Xi:
“I was with Xi Jinping of China, spent more time with him I’m told than any world leader because he was vice president, I was vice president. His president and mine wanted us to get to know one another because it was clear he was going to become president. I spent, traveled 17,000 miles with him in China and the United States and Asia generally, and met with him I guess they tell me 24-25 hours alone, just me and an interpreter and he and an interpreter.”
https://nypost.com/2021/03/19/biden-rem ... mocks-him/

But of course, Putin never earmarked 10% for “the Big Guy.”

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Carlson ... is clearly defending the Trump/MAGA love affair with Putin and mischaracterizing the left and MSM statements.
The 'Trump/MAGA love affair with Putin' is a fabrication of the left and MSM.

The left's and MSM's fixation on Putin while simultaneously downplaying or ignoring China, is very much for real.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

As the world crisis ebbs, another arrives to take its place.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

What does Free Thoughtpolice stand for?

I don't see any foundation beneath the layers of shit.

Free Thoughtpolice is still posting the same Russia Russia Russia 'Lincoln Project' ads, from before the 2020 Election.

Lincoln Project was a bunch of neocon war profiteers... Democrat & Republican alike...

angry that Trump threatened their SPOILS OF WAR.

Yesterday, Free Thoughtpolice posted a fucking BIll Kristol meme, from 2018

Bill Kristol was insinuating that the two men in this picture...
were failing to abide by 'at the end of the day, we're all Americans, all in this together'.

How did that turn-out?

"Insurrectionists" "Deplorables" "Domestic Terrorists".

The DEMS & their FAKE NEWS don't abide by the rules they allege these men violated.

"Trump's a Nazi and Trump is Putin's Cock Sleeve.

Tucker Carlson is a Nazi and is Putin's mouthpiece."

Howabout the anti-war military veteran Democrat from Hawaii? Twice this week-- Tucker had Tulsi on as a guest regarding Ukraine.

Remember 2019-- when Tulsi was running in the Dem Primaries?

Hillary smeared Tulsi as: "the favorite of the Russians” and "a Russian asset".

Hillary said the Russians were "grooming" Tulsi to be 'their' third-party spoiler candidate.

Same shit today. Now Tulsi Gabbard & Tucker Carlson = ALEX JONES !

Trump... Tucker Carlson... Those 2 old guys in t-shirts... Tulsi Gabbard... They're ALL Russian Spies! (Unless... that's a dirty lie.)

Tulsi Gabbard is the last remaining Democrat I can name... who resembles the type of Democrat I alway-was.

(And the generation of my family, before me)

If _every_ Democrat was like Tulsi Gabbard... I'd still be one. And all their wishful-thinking would be realistic in-practice.

But they aren't like her at-all. Instead, they're like the cartoon Bad Guys in Ayn Rand's unreadable novels.

And that's the sole reason I oppose their delusional/corrupt worldview & policies.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

David French
@DavidAFrench
This is completely false. Constitutional text, history, and precedent say this is false. It's not even in the same ballpark as the truth. Here's a very helpful discussion of "treason" from the National Constitution Center: https://constitutioncenter.org/interact ... clauses/39 https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1495687029056843779
12:09 PM · Feb 21, 2022

Adam Steinbaugh
@adamsteinbaugh
{1/2} This is not the type of “aid and comfort” that would qualify as treason. Please leave these tropes in the past where they belong. https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1495687029056843779

Adam Steinbaugh
@adamsteinbaugh
{2/2} >>>when you think you remember the law about treason, but it turns out it’s just rhetoric from the Bush/Cheney 2004 campaign era<<<

That's how far-astray the Democrats have wandered.

What-ever-happened to the 'No WMDS' / 'No Blood For Oil' / anti-Dubya Dems? .

..I'm not talkin' about the WARPIG leaders, who directly-profit.

I'm talking-about the College Professors and Retired Dads and Concerned Moms.

They were led into madness by Rachel Maddow & Hillary & Schiff & Pelosi & FAKE NEWS.

Your average Democrat Next Door Doesn't Really Know what to think about Russia vs. Ukraine.

The reason they don't know what to think-- is because they were led astray, chasing-after Trump, by CORRUPT INSIDERS.

So the Dem Followers forgot to how to stand-for anything-else.

And BIDEN is on the WRONG SIDE of Who They Used To Be... back when they stood for something.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Farm Credit Canada is Canada's largest agricultural term lender.

Joe Biden today declined to freeze Vladimir Putin's personal wealth, nor shut Russia's access to the 'SWIFT' banking system.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... ing-system

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Remember when Rolling Stone interviewed rock musicians?

Then remember when Rolling Stone started publishing fake rape stories?

How soon before Rolling Stone changes its name to Völkischer Beobachter?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

For anyone wishing to plot the progress of the war on a map, latest update from the Ukrainian General Staff:
As of 00:00 on February 25, a grouping of defense forces is conducting an organized defense operation in the south. Defensive battles are being fought in the area east of Kherson.

Mechanized units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine hit the car bridge and secured on the left bank of the Dnieper.

Our mechanized units in the Rykove area have been affected by the dominant forces of the enemy. The enemy is destroyed, he will not prosper.
In the síversʹkomu direction, there are defensive battles in the areas of victory and deaf. The enemy column has been stopped.

Units of the first tank brigade along the Bilous River in the direction of Chernihiv were stopped by the dominant forces of the occupiers.

In Volyn, mechanized units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine took positions on defined borders in readiness to counter the opponent's onslaught.
The slobožan тівiní operative grouping zs of Ukraine leads defense in the areas of settlements dovžanka, kharkiv, okhtyrka, sumy.
In the areas of vovčansʹka, white well, prikolotnogo, there are defensive battles.
Security units in okhtyrcí stopped another attack of the enemy.

The grouping of the Navy of the Armed Forces of Ukraine continues fighting in the southwestern part of the Black Sea. Defense of base points and ports of Odessa, South, Ochakov, Black Sea is being carried out.

Certain forces and means moved to the defense of the city of Kiev.

The Air Force of Ukraine zdíjsn розtʹ the enemy's air strikes, lead permanent reconnaissance using UAVs, hits the columns of occupation troops in the areas of the settlements of Nova Zburívka, Kupâsk, Nova Kakhovka and paratroopers against nika in the area of Gostomel airport.
Grouping of joint forces in the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk regions as a result of fighting in individual directions restored their position on the frontline. In the smoothie of responsibility of individual units, the enemy tries to bend into the combat order of our troops to the depths of the platoon support points.

Estimated losses of the opponent were: tanks - more than 30 od. , combat armored vehicles - up to 130 od. , planes - 7, helicopters - 6.

Believe in the Armed Forces of Ukraine and our victory!
Together for the Victory!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Remember when Rolling Stone
The charitable interpretation-- is that Rolling Stone is loyal to it's original Baby Boomer audience-- cradle to grave--
evolving to suit their shifting fickle tastes (yet never-challenging their lifelong sacred-cows).

If Only franchises like Marvel Comics or Star Wars or The Democrats --kept dancin' with the ones who brung 'em.

(and the ACLU, and The Pentagon, and Carhartt and Canada's NDP and...)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

it's Friday in Kiev.

RUDE ARMY Randy Russian soldiers bombard Ukrainian girls with flirty Tinder requests
RUSSIAN soldiers began bombarding Ukraine yesterday — with Tinder messages looking for love.

Ukrainian women in second city Kharkiv — just 20 miles from tyrannical Vladimir Putin’s vast invasion force — have been stunned by a salvo of admirers in uniform.

The Sun:
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4757640/ru ... r-ukraine/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hey! New Zealand! If you didn't want to be falsely-accused of 'violent' 'threats'

you shouldn't-have elected Brianna Wu

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

Ukraine could become Putin's Berlin
Endkampf.jpg
(32.71 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ukraine could become Putin's Berlin
Ok-- that statement is coherent.
[Cartoon depicting Hitler and Putin/which was posted to Ukraine's official twitter account yesterday]
That sentiment is also coherent.

---

But--- posting that statement alongside that image-- is incoherent.

Take this cognitive test:

HItler is to Berlin, as Putin is to _______________

or, alternately...

Putin's invasion of Ukraine resembles Hitler's invasion of ____________

(hint: 'Ukraine' and 'Berlin' are wrong answers)

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

S.dog obviously doesn't know the picture on which the cartoon is based.
Hitler1945.jpg
(181.71 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

John D

Post by John D »

zou3gou3 wrote: S.dog obviously doesn't know the picture on which the cartoon is based.

Hitler1945.jpg
I don't get the joke.... and I know a bit about history.... but sometimes I am an idiot... but yeah... I don't get it.

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

To me, it's an allegory. Shortly after this photo was taken, Hitler shot himself in his bunker. In the cartoon, Putin is emulating Hitler and with luck will have the same fate (or hung upside down from a lamppost or shot like Ceausescu, I'm not fussy.)

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

Of course there's no karma. The bastard will die of old age in bed.

John D

Post by John D »

zou3gou3 wrote: Of course there's no karma. The bastard will die of old age in bed.
Yeah. Putin is a smart mofo. At the very least he will add the Russian speaking parts of Ukraine to Russian territory. More land for him and his palls to rape and steal from.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: At the very least he will add the Russian speaking parts of Ukraine to Russian territory.
He already did that in 2014, during Obama's second term. He had to wait to formalize the annexations for Obama's third term.

But now, given the abject weakness displayed by the West, he's working on his stretch goal of turning Ukraine into a puppet state.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

zou3gou3 wrote: S.dog obviously doesn't know the picture on which the cartoon is based.
True.

Is the photo necessary, to understand the cartoon?

I see that the photo was taken on Hitler's Birthday, in 1945.

When Ukraine tweeted the cartoon... were they wishing Putin "Happy Birthday!" ?

And, in light of the cartoon, are you suggesting that the significance of the original photo-- is that the boy was a very-bad person?

or

maybe

the hitler/putin cartoon speaks for itself

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hotlips is now Coldlips. Sally Kellerman dead at 84.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

57 year old woman's skull smashed by 13 hammer blows, in a Queens subway station, last night.

(Just one subway-stop away from midtown Manhattan & the United Nations building. That was my subway stop, circa 2015.)

I look back at the last couple years...

...And I just don't have the spoons to help-save Ukraine. Plenty of mess to clean up, right here at home.

*Especially*

if the SAME fucks in-charge... are gonna be tellin' me what to do, this time too.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
True.

Is the photo necessary, to understand the cartoon?

I see that the photo was taken on Hitler's Birthday, in 1945.

When Ukraine tweeted the cartoon... were they wishing Putin "Happy Birthday!" ?

And, in light of the cartoon, are you suggesting that the significance of the original photo-- is that the boy was a very-bad person?

or

maybe

the hitler/putin cartoon speaks for itself
It's an obtuse interpretation by zougou of the cartoonist's obtuse attempt at analogy.

Hitler, after completely fucking up the war, was forced to send untrained old men and young boys in a futile attempt to stop the Red Army.

So, the ghost of Hitler is sending Putin in a futile attempt to stop NATO? Who will end up shooting himself and his beard wife and poisoning his dog in his bunker Berlin of Ukraine? but not perhaps before a final rendition of Seven Nation Army on the piano?

Putin is rather emulating Lenin, who steadily seized back the lost territories of Czarist Russia while the distracted West did little. If he succeeds with Ukraine, Putin will surely next emulate Stalin's reacquisition of the Baltics.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: 57 year old woman's skull smashed by 13 hammer blows, in a Queens subway station, last night.
That's 3 more blows than rounds the victim would've been allowed to carry, were NYC to actually allow anyone to carry.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

As of 20:00 the situation in the Donetsk operating area is tense, but controlled by the United Forces. The shelling from the side of the Russian-Occupacíjnih troops continue.

All military units are protesting the Russian naval resistance, and Ukrainian soldiers are demonstrating unprecedented courage and heroism. United forces were able to demolish the Kremlin plan of a quick surrender.

Despite the numerous enemy attacks, aviation, artillery and missile strikes, and a large number of armed equipment, the enemy could not move deep into Ukraine in the eastern direction.

Ukrainian defenders managed to fight back attacks, defend and hold all key settlements and infrastructure objects.

In the Luhansk direction during the day, the most fierce battles were for Happiness, Stanytsia Lugansk, Lobacheve, Bilovodsk, Starobilska. In the battles for Happiness, two enemy tanks were destroyed and one tank and one ZU-23-2 were seized.

In the area of the occupied Sentyanivka, our gunmen stopped the fire of the enemy mixed column of armored equipment, fences and car equipment.

In the Donetsk direction, the hottest was in the settlements of Novotroíitske, Novognativke, Pavlopiv and Pishchevyk.

As of now, no new attempts to break through the opponent have been recorded, there have been a decrease in fire activity in some directions.

Ukrainian soldiers hold their positions tightly and cause losses to the aggressor.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Chernobyl? No problem. Send in the clown.

https://media.patriots.win/post/Z1w4iwoqnuOJ.jpeg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice

before we go low.PNG
(478.68 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

John D

Post by John D »

General stuff on my mind <skip if you want>

1) my doc put me on Losartan to lower my blood pressure. Well... it works. My BP went down about 20mm. but... fucking shit makes me high as hell. I can barely drive while I am on it. I am on a call right now to see if I should lower the dose or try something else.

2) I rolled for my new possie in Dracula's America and my Chinese spirit doods both got the "mean" skill. So... this make them totally fucking badass and now I am worried that my new gamer friends are gonna think I cheated. I rolled four sixes in a row. I am not lying... but... fuck... if someone wanted to cheat this is how they would do it. I am simultaneously excited that I have these badass mofos and worried I will piss off my new friends.

3) I am surprised that the Ukrainians are fighting the Russians so hard. I thought they would roll over. I am not surprised Putin invaded.

4) I am also surprised that the stock market is up. I think this is because the Biden sanctions are weak and do nothing to restrict Russian oil exports. The Germans are happy... and the Chinese. There is still plenty of Russian oil.

5) I am going to have to start going back to my office. Right now I work from home... in my little bubble. But... my boss told me today that he counts on me to add energy and fun to the project. He needs me to work with people in person. He is correct. Youall may not believe this... but I am really well liked at work and I tend to improve the office élan. You wouldn't guess it from my posts here... but I am actually fun to work with... Haha. That's why I make the bug bucks.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hitler, after completely fucking up the war, was forced to send untrained old men and young boys in a futile attempt to stop the Red Army.
Was he really trying to stop the Red Army at that point? His philosophy, in so far as I understand it, wasn't materialist or individualistic. You have the whole Wagnerian thing. Plus he wrote A LOT about the betrayal of the previous surrender in WW1, so surrendering would have undercut everything he'd worked for for 25 years. I'd assumed the intention was to go down as heroically as possible.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

4. The sanctions ARE weak.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

The Twatter thread linked off that article a couple of post ago is wonderful:

https://t.co/b4rhcM6ik9

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote: Was he really trying to stop the Red Army at that point? His philosophy, in so far as I understand it, wasn't materialist or individualistic. You have the whole Wagnerian thing. Plus he wrote A LOT about the betrayal of the previous surrender in WW1, so surrendering would have undercut everything he'd worked for for 25 years. I'd assumed the intention was to go down as heroically as possible.
I think you're analyzing too much. HONK was a psychopathic, closeted homosexual with megalomania and hypoplasia. So, Jack Dorsey but with different facial hair.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
fafnir wrote: Was he really trying to stop the Red Army at that point? His philosophy, in so far as I understand it, wasn't materialist or individualistic. You have the whole Wagnerian thing. Plus he wrote A LOT about the betrayal of the previous surrender in WW1, so surrendering would have undercut everything he'd worked for for 25 years. I'd assumed the intention was to go down as heroically as possible.
I think you're analyzing too much. HONK was a psychopathic, closeted homosexual with megalomania and hypoplasia. So, Jack Dorsey but with different facial hair.
Our enemy was a cartoon villain whose motives shouldn't be/don't need to be discussed, beyond thought terminating buzzwords, just like Trump supporters, Truckers and anti-vaxxers? Also, we must learn the lessons of history.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote: we must learn the lessons of history.
The number one lesson of history is this: Never give great power to men with tiny penises.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The number one lesson of history is this:
It would be so much worse in Ukraine if Trump were president and they were unvaccinated.

All the blood & mayhem is how you know it's working.

--

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: before we go low.PNG
Ah, yes... "When they go low, we go high." The words of Michelle Obama in her endorsement speech for Hillary Clinton at the Democratic Convention in 2016.

The attribution had faded in my mind. But for a facebook-meme-mom like free_thoughtpolice , the clock has stopped: every day is pre-election 2016.

Oh well. But... we now know... the Dems didn't go 'high' in 2016 at all. They cheated. Deepstate FBI DOJ dirty tricks.

Hillary no-showed instead of giving a concession speech, never conceded she lost fair & square, and never stopped meddling & cheating.

free thoughtpolice

By the way, that tweet says it was a Russian plane being shot down, other sources say it's Ukrainian.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
The number one lesson of history is this: Never give great power to men with tiny penises.
I hope that's a joke because otherwise it's retarded.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Oligarch Hacker Hillary Clinton calls for "hackers" to "cyber attack" her competition in Russia.

free thoughtpolice

Hillary no-showed instead of giving a concession speech, never conceded she lost fair & square, and never stopped meddling & cheating.
I remember when Hillary organized a mob of her brownshirts and crazed supporters to assault police, threaten to lynch vice president Biden, and broke into the Capitol to try to stop President Trump's win from getting formally accepted.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Napoleon, HONK, Mark Zuckerberg -- the trend is clear.

free thoughtpolice

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Have to hand to Old JB, he's going down in history as the "how did you fuck that up?" President. His opening act was arranging for the West's exit of Afghanistan to rival in epicenes that of Vietnam, except he managed to throw in 13 dead service people as the curtain came down, just to make sure he got the top spot.

Now he threw Ukraine to the dirty mongrel Putin. Come on for fuck sake Joe, you didn't have to commit US troops to Ukraine, you just had to not fuck it up by saying there was no circumstances under which you would put US troops into Ukraine. You stupid fucker. As soon as i saw those words come out of the babbling wanker's confusion I knew Russia was under starter's orders.

Putin is a scavenger, he feeds on the weak, and those isolated from the group. He is also completely spineless and would never entertain a direct confrontation with the West, because what he values most is his own throne. A confrontation with the west, and a loss, ends his rule.

Putin is a lying scumbag, that's a norm for people in his job role, but he is correct about fascist elements in the Ukrainian military, he just completely warped it and blew it out of proportion. A dude who is on the frontline there and is reliable, said that extreme Ukrainian nationalists had formed a militia and had fought against the Russian proxies in the east over the last lot of years, mostly pre-ceasefire. As he put it "a lot of nationalist kids wanted to go fight Ukraine's enemies so Ukraine's government said thanks and gave them guns and a pat on the back". But it is not how Putin is representing it. They are an extreme minority that took part in the war of the Ukrainian side etc etc etc.

What is also being revealed is just how shit the Russian military is. They are dad's army level of competence, except for the reality they have air dominance, Ukraine could possibly bog them down in a ground slog. But that's not going to fly. Cause no no fly.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Faith Goldy
Damn that is an interesting watch. That man is fucking terrified of Putin, and not in the "i might lose my job" type of terrified.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I'm learning to use the internet, see above post.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
fafnir wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Napoleon, HONK, Mark Zuckerberg -- the trend is clear.
The interesting thing for me is how similar the diagnosis of the problem that Hitler articulated in the 1920s is to the complaints of the more traditionalist/populist elements of the right today. Many of the philosophers are the same, of course.... but I think it's also that there are real problems with liberalism and modernity that a lot of people have independently noticed.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

What a farce the supreme court nomination is. Highest court in the United States, and the primary conditions to be a successful candidate for nomination is you fit two identity politic categories. Black and Woman. It would be great if the best candidate for the job turned out to be Black and a woman, but unfortunately I can't get on board with the racist shit.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Za-zen wrote: What a farce the supreme court nomination is. Highest court in the United States, and the primary conditions to be a successful candidate for nomination is you fit two identity politic categories. Black and Woman. It would be great if the best candidate for the job turned out to be Black and a woman, but unfortunately I can't get on board with the racist shit.
The point of the Supreme Court is to decide political questions without the complicating factor of having to answer to voters. You have a whole progressive logic of standpoint theory that would make a black woman's partisan political decisions more beyond reproach than an old white man's.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

How long does it take to fire up a decommissioned German nuclear power plant?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote: Sally Kellerman
The cartoon is simple to understand.

Putin claimed he was denazifying Ukraine. When in fact he is operating as Hitlers bright eyed next-gen.

I don’t see any specific Berlin-ruins reference.