You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
DW Adams

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by DW Adams »

Service Dog wrote:
DW Adams wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Can any of you internet lawyers tell me whether that 17 yo was legally allowed to do open carry of that rifle in the State (or whatever relevant jurisdiction) he was in?
No, 18 is the threshold. His possession of the weapon in public was a crime.
You got a source for that?

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel newspaper says there's an exception in Wisconsin state law-- allowing 16 or 17 year olds to open carry long rifles and shotguns.

The rifle in question is owned by a Wisconsinite and did not cross state lines.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/cri ... 444231001/
Sorry, my only source is the Criminal Complaint filed against him. Couldn't find any fakes.

https://www.theherald-news.com/lists/20 ... xml?page=1

John D

Post by John D »

DW Adams wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Can any of you internet lawyers tell me whether that 17 yo was legally allowed to do open carry of that rifle in the State (or whatever relevant jurisdiction) he was in?
Not so fast. I am not a lawyer but Wisconsin allows for 16 and 17 year olds to have open long rifles. This 17 year old was NOT charged for a gun crime. If they had something on him they would have charged him. Right now he is charged with some kind of third degree murder.... but no gun possession crimes. We will learn more in the next days and I could be wrong.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

John D wrote:
DW Adams wrote:
Not so fast. I am not a lawyer but Wisconsin allows for 16 and 17 year olds to have open long rifles. This 17 year old was NOT charged for a gun crime. If they had something on him they would have charged him. Right now he is charged with some kind of third degree murder.... but no gun possession crimes. We will learn more in the next days and I could be wrong.
Well, apparently he is being charged with possession of a deadly weapon under the age of 18, if the criminal complaint DW just linked is anything to go by.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

One question that's been definitively answered is whether an AR is any good for self-defense.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Thanks all. There is so much fud coming from all sides that it's hard to know what's what. Truth being the first casualty when ideologies conflict.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: One question that's been definitively answered is whether an AR is any good for self-defense.
Guy with his entire arm being ripped off the bone.... fuck me.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

So I'm not sure where I stand on Kyle Rittenhouse being written up as some sort of callous murderer of innocent people. On all the videos I've seen, I can't see anything that doesn't rule out self-defense. It certainly looks that way to me. What do you folks think?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

KiwiInOz wrote: Thanks all. There is so much fud coming from all sides that it's hard to know what's what. Truth being the first casualty when ideologies conflict.
Here someone is breaking down the charge of underage carry by going through the different statutes he's reportedly in violation of and appears to conclude, with reasonable evidence, that Kyle did not violate Wisconsin's open carry laws.

- From minute 3 to 8:15.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

By the way, all this talk about Kenosha and already I almost forgot that a child was murdered in cold blood just a few weeks ago and no riots in his honour. No kneeling on his behalf. He really was worth shit, wasn't he?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Pitchguest wrote: So I'm not sure where I stand on Kyle Rittenhouse being written up as some sort of callous murderer of innocent people. On all the videos I've seen, I can't see anything that doesn't rule out self-defense. It certainly looks that way to me. What do you folks think?
Self-defense, all the way!

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Pitchguest wrote: By the way, all this talk about Kenosha and already I almost forgot that a child was murdered in cold blood just a few weeks ago and no riots in his honour. No kneeling on his behalf. He really was worth shit, wasn't he?
His killer was arrested and jailed. What is there to riot about?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

DW Adams wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: By the way, all this talk about Kenosha and already I almost forgot that a child was murdered in cold blood just a few weeks ago and no riots in his honour. No kneeling on his behalf. He really was worth shit, wasn't he?
His killer was arrested and jailed. What is there to riot about?
So was Chauvin and yet the country erupted.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: One question that's been definitively answered is whether an AR is any good for self-defense.
Gaige Grosskreutz, member of the People’s Revolution Movement, prior conviction for a firearms offense, illegally carrying that Tupperware gun he intended on murdering the kid with.

Which he either failed to clear from his shirt when drawing out of his pants, or short-stroked when racking the slide cuz he hadn't chambered a round.

Has this been shared yet?

https://www.informationliberation.com/? ... 8vni7xCSBg

The kid wasted a serial sex offender and a serial domestic abuser.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote: On all the videos I've seen, I can't see anything that doesn't rule out self-defense. It certainly looks that way to me. What do you folks think?
From the video available, In chronological order:
- Rosenbaum confronts KR, posturing, advancing menacingly;
- Rosenbaum is chasing KR; KR is fleeing [no expressed stand your ground in WI];
- Rosenbaum hurls something at KR's head. Some accounts say it was a bag, but we know 'concrete milkshakes' were being thrown as well;
- KR seems blocked by cars; Rosenbaum catches up to him, seemingly intent on attacking;
- KR fires, moves??, fires a few more times;
- Rosenbaum hits the dirt;
- KR begins to administer first aid, but flees as other rioters approach him.

The second phase requires no detailed analysis. Rioters attacked KR with deadly force -- yes, a skateboard wallop counts, as most definitely does a kick to the head. KR fired at several assailants while on the ground.

KR then approached police, raised his hands with his gun over his head, and announced he'd shot someone. The cops surely couldn't hear him, figured he was just being courteous, and continued on their way to stop the rioting mostly peaceful protesting.

100% self-defense all the way. Possible minor infraction for underage carry. Weapon itself was legal, open carry is legal.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

If BLM had any sense-- they'd announce support of Rittenhouse-- for weeding-out the troublemakers who gave their peaceful, honorable movement a bad name.

And no blacks were harmed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

NB: a buff 36-year-old was assaulting a fairly pudgy 17-year-old, so there is a disparate physical asymmetry here which helps justify deadly force.

Unfortunately for KR, he's on video earlier that day acknowledging he's carrying no less-than-lethal defenses. I doubt pepper spray, much less a kubotan, would've stopped Rosenbaum. But I guarantee the prosecutor -- if there is a prosecutor; all charges should be dismissed via a demurrer -- will harp on that.

Also, re. the underage possession of a firearm, there is a legal precedent where one can argue one had to commit a lesser crime to prevent a greater one from occurring. KR wished to render first aid to anyone and everyone that night -- and he did, BLM included -- but reasonably feared for his safety.

Finally, if KR does stand trial, jury nullification might save his skin.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: If BLM had any sense-- they'd announce support of Rittenhouse-- for weeding-out the troublemakers who gave their peaceful, honorable movement a bad name.

And no blacks were harmed.
A brilliant move, indeed. But it would require them to stop hating whites.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

If you own a bakery-- and a gay couple wants you to bake a wedding cake-- the Democratic Party forces you to do it.

But-- if you own a bakery-- and a Democrat challenging an incumbent Democrat in a primary race-- hires you bake a cake: you better not.

The Democratic Party has announced they will blacklist you from their list of approved vendors.

Politico:
"The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee took it a step further this cycle — enforcing a “blacklist” of vendors who work for candidates seeking to oust sitting lawmakers"
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/2 ... les-403794

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/3/18290851/o ... ts-vendors

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Bloody hell!
Black Panther' actor Chadwick Boseman dies aged 43 after four year battle with colon cancer - as his wife and family pay tribute to 'a true fighter' and Marvel co-star Chris Evans says 'Rest in power, King
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ancer.html

The big "C" truly is the scourge of modern man.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

the top headline on Google news today...

The Guardian:
Michelle Obama: 'I'm just devastated by the shootings in Kenosha'
The former first lady condemned the shooting of Jacob Blake by police as well as killings of Wisconsin protesters

Also devastated: downtown Kenosha

John D

Post by John D »

So... I think this is pretty funny. Shapiro read some lyrics from the rap song "WAP" and the internet had fun. First some guy did a remix and then this guy did an animation to the music video. This is what the internet is all about... haha.

John D

Post by John D »

A good summary.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Even the NYT compiled a timeline indicating KR was acting in self-defense:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/k ... Position=7

The Dems are so caught up in their doxology to Systemic Racism, they can't hold back even when the evidence is so strong against their narrative, in this instance both wrt Blake and Rittenhouse.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Even the NYT compiled a timeline indicating KR was acting in self-defense:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/k ... Position=7

The Dems are so caught up in their doxology to Systemic Racism, they can't hold back even when the evidence is so strong against their narrative, in this instance both wrt Blake and Rittenhouse.
What I find so dumbfounding about Blake's case is that news was quick to say he was trying to break up a fight. That was the narrative. "Breaking up a fight." Except he was the reason the police was called there in the first place, he'd stolen the mother's ... house keys? And he didn't want to give them back. And people wondered by the police didn't taze him first, but according to reports they did taze him. He just shook it off. Then he attempted to walk back into his car where he had a knife.

It's also unclear whether he already had a knife in his hand or whether the police thought the keys he was gripping in his hand was a knife, but it still disproves the narrative of him trying to "break up a fight" and it definitely disproves the narrative of "black man mercilessly shot in the back seven times by the cops because he was black."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote: What I find so dumbfounding about Blake's case is that news was quick to say he was trying to break up a fight. That was the narrative. "Breaking up a fight." Except he was the reason the police was called there in the first place, he'd stolen the mother's ... house keys? And he didn't want to give them back.
Blake has six children by at least two women. I suspect the 'domestic dispute' he was 'breaking up' was between one of his baby mamas and the ex-GF. Hence the exchange of "you da bitch, you ho" between two women while Blake is resisting arrest.

The ex-GF called the cops on him. Blake had a habit of showing up at her place and taking her keys so he could use her car, as he had no car of his own and no job to earn money to buy one. Back in early May, Blake burst into her apt., shoved his fingers inside her snatch, pulled them out, sniffed and said "smells like you've been with other men." He then took her car keys and left. One of the outstanding warrants was for that incident.

And people wondered by the police didn't taze him first, but according to reports they did taze him. He just shook it off. Then he attempted to walk back into his car where he had a knife.
Tazed twice. Tasers often fail. With the ones that shoot two prongs, both prongs must land solidly to create a circuit through the target's body.
It's also unclear whether he already had a knife in his hand or whether the police thought the keys he was gripping in his hand was a knife
I've seen a close-up screen cap showing Blake with what appears to be a curved pocket knife in his hand. One eyewitness reports the cops were yelling "drop the knife!" Another - or same? - witness reports Blake declared he was gonna go get his gun.

The Dems have decided to make their stand on Jacob Blake Hill.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:06 pm
Pitchguest wrote: On all the videos I've seen, I can't see anything that doesn't rule out self-defense. It certainly looks that way to me. What do you folks think?
From the video available, In chronological order:
- Rosenbaum confronts KR, posturing, advancing menacingly;
- Rosenbaum is chasing KR; KR is fleeing [no expressed stand your ground in WI];
- Rosenbaum hurls something at KR's head. Some accounts say it was a bag, but we know 'concrete milkshakes' were being thrown as well;
- KR seems blocked by cars; Rosenbaum catches up to him, seemingly intent on attacking;
- KR fires, moves??, fires a few more times;
- Rosenbaum hits the dirt;
- KR begins to administer first aid, but flees as other rioters approach him.

The second phase requires no detailed analysis. Rioters attacked KR with deadly force -- yes, a skateboard wallop counts, as most definitely does a kick to the head. KR fired at several assailants while on the ground.

KR then approached police, raised his hands with his gun over his head, and announced he'd shot someone. The cops surely couldn't hear him, figured he was just being courteous, and continued on their way to stop the rioting mostly peaceful protesting.

100% self-defense all the way. Possible minor infraction for underage carry. Weapon itself was legal, open carry is legal.
Acting within one's legal rights does not appear to be any defence against prosecution in Democrat dominated districts, so I'd be surprised if they don't proceed against him. You don't have to follow the dictates of the law when your self-identified moral rectitude places you above it.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

My me-too criminal trial hoo-hah has been delayed for another several weeks, as we are holding out for all charges to be nolle prossed. The system works but it is very slow.

Democrats seem to want to replace this functional but slow system seem with Lynch mobz

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

It was grey and not black, but rat #81 was felled with a hollow point slug by a white vigilante on my front deck. I enjoyed every moment.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I've been arrested a few times in the last few years. It's always seemed to me to be an administrative duty imposed on the policeman to blah blah xxx based on affidavit y signed by judge secretary z that falsehood F was Tand so I tend to look back at stops as being largely adminisrative dut

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote:
Gaige Grosskreutz, member of the People’s Revolution Movement, prior conviction for a firearms offense, illegally carrying that Tupperware gun he intended on murdering the kid with.

Which he either failed to clear from his shirt when drawing out of his pants, or short-stroked when racking the slide cuz he hadn't chambered a round.

Has this been shared yet?

https://www.informationliberation.com/? ... 8vni7xCSBg

The kid wasted a serial sex offender and a serial domestic abuser.
I'm calling bullshit on some of those links for Rosenbaum. The Arizona info link especially.

I just spent about 30min looking at other inmates pages. Only Rosenbaum seems to be a full page of all info available. And why do they use "first name comma last name"? That's some foreign language shit there. Bailbond site smells fishy. Using the Inmate number from that page, I went to the AZ DOC page and looked for him. It returned "No Records Found". Also went to the Oklahoma link for that page. A known prisoner in State custody doesn't show up in the Search function.

Searching Wisconsin Sex Offenders directly from the State website yields no results for any variation for Joseph D Rosenbaum. Graphic is most likely 'shopped.

The only link/graphic that seems legit is the court papers from this year for his Battery, Domestic Abuse and Disorderly Conduct charges. Everything else seems suspect.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

DW Adams wrote:
I'm calling bullshit on some of those links for Rosenbaum. The Arizona info link especially.

I just spent about 30min looking at other inmates pages. Only Rosenbaum seems to be a full page of all info available. And why do they use "first name comma last name"? That's some foreign language shit there. Bailbond site smells fishy. Using the Inmate number from that page, I went to the AZ DOC page and looked for him. It returned "No Records Found". Also went to the Oklahoma link for that page. A known prisoner in State custody doesn't show up in the Search function.

Searching Wisconsin Sex Offenders directly from the State website yields no results for any variation for Joseph D Rosenbaum. Graphic is most likely 'shopped.

The only link/graphic that seems legit is the court papers from this year for his Battery, Domestic Abuse and Disorderly Conduct charges. Everything else seems suspect.
Can you post images of what you found so we can compare?

Did you also try searching by his name?

Andy Ngo is usually very diligent. Wonder where he got those images.

Anybody know how we can confirm or deny Rosenbaum's criminal record?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

FYI, Rosenbaum had moved to WI from TX in the past year.

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

Rosenbaum was born September 21, 1983, and the "offense date" for his "sexual conduct with minor" was March 27, 2002 when he was still 18 himself. I have no idea was the details were, but 10 years plus 2 years six months seems a really harsh sentence.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote: Bloody hell!
Black Panther' actor Chadwick Boseman dies aged 43 after four year battle with colon cancer - as his wife and family pay tribute to 'a true fighter' and Marvel co-star Chris Evans says 'Rest in power, King
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ancer.html

The big "C" truly is the scourge of modern man.
No doubt a coincidence.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

I have been reading "Cynical Theories" and just read this:
These kinds of impossible, contradictory, double-binding demands are a persistent feature of applied post-modern Theory and continue to plague gender studies and other forms of Social Justice scholarship.
The whole point is to put you into a no-win situation -- say nothing: silence is violence, say something: you are privileged and trying to make it about you.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Acting within one's legal rights does not appear to be any defence against prosecution in Democrat dominated districts, so I'd be surprised if they don't proceed against him. You don't have to follow the dictates of the law when your self-identified moral rectitude places you above it.

The overzealous prosecution of Kenosha Kyle is Standard Operating Procedure.

Ironic: Kenosha Kyle proves the BLM claim that there's something deeply wrong with US criminal justice system(s).

I don't know if this is 'horseshoe theory'-- kinda feels like it---

there Ought To Be common cause between ...BLM people who are sick of prosecutors disingenuously throwing the book at them-- to force Blacks to cut-their-losses and accept plea deals. ...And Kyle-supporters who see the same thing being done to their boy.

Except (like the horse said) that would require BLM to stop hating whites. BLM would have to let-go of their "anti-blackness" diagnosis-- of how&why the system is rotten. Which would also indicate a different set of cures than BLM proposes.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Driftless wrote:
These kinds of impossible, contradictory, double-binding demands are a persistent feature of applied post-modern Theory and continue to plague gender studies and other forms of Social Justice scholarship.
The whole point is to put you into a no-win situation -- say nothing: silence is violence, say something: you are privileged and trying to make it about you.
That's next up on my reading list. I have no doubt that the whole of applied pomo is to make people think that can never win. I can win, though: fuck 'em. I disagree strongly with Eric S. Raymond on many, many things, but he did the world a favor by coining the word Kafkatrap.

Looking forward to the book - I've been impressed by Pluckrose's previous writings.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Lsuoma wrote:
Driftless wrote:
That's next up on my reading list. I have no doubt that the whole of applied pomo is to make people think that can never win. I can win, though: fuck 'em. I disagree strongly with Eric S. Raymond on many, many things, but he did the world a favor by coining the word Kafkatrap.

Looking forward to the book - I've been impressed by Pluckrose's previous writings.
Yes, kafkatrap is an excellent description. It always makes me think of a "mean girls" way of tormenting someone. Take everything out of context and interpret everything in the worst possible light.

James Lindsay has had a bunch of excellent content on New Discourses. He has also appeared on many other podcasts. Andrew Doyle has a new podcast on Spiked and James Lindsay/Helen Pluckrose were on the second episode. Andrew did an excellent job of interviewing them. He made sure he kept both of them in the conversation.

I'll have to check out Areo magazine.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:37 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Acting within one's legal rights does not appear to be any defence against prosecution in Democrat dominated districts, so I'd be surprised if they don't proceed against him. You don't have to follow the dictates of the law when your self-identified moral rectitude places you above it.

The overzealous prosecution of Kenosha Kyle is Standard Operating Procedure.

Ironic: Kenosha Kyle proves the BLM claim that there's something deeply wrong with US criminal justice system(s).

I don't know if this is 'horseshoe theory'-- kinda feels like it---

there Ought To Be common cause between ...BLM people who are sick of prosecutors disingenuously throwing the book at them-- to force Blacks to cut-their-losses and accept plea deals. ...And Kyle-supporters who see the same thing being done to their boy.

Except (like the horse said) that would require BLM to stop hating whites. BLM would have to let-go of their "anti-blackness" diagnosis-- of how&why the system is rotten. Which would also indicate a different set of cures than BLM proposes.
More than likely that we are looking at different phenomena of prosecutorial malice in the system, sometimes overlapping. There is the phenomenon of indiscriminate use of the giant power imbalance between prosecution and defence to bludgeon confessions. This done by hanging out the carrot of reduced sentence and simultaneously overcharging and making sure the defendant understands the probable consequences of going to trial, which include threats to family and financial ruin. Then there is political motivation which I think takes 2 forms. There is the prosecutor with plans to run for political office who will cynically do whatever plays with voters and then there is the ideologue who will prosecute to support narrative and judges (thanks Barry!) who will pretzel the law to do the same. I suspect that current mob related cases are being handled with the latter form of corruption, or maybe even out of pure self-preservation on the part of prosecutors. I suppose you could throw good old hanging judges into the mix too.

Robert Barnes is an eye opener when it comes to the bent workings of the legal system, although I don't doubt he sometimes overstates for effect. Sally Yates is corrupt. Sidney Powell is also a good source of information about malicious prosecution. And Sally Yates is corrupt. Bottom line is have enough of the readies to employ a street smart lawyer if you fall foul of the law.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Might as well use the death sentence seeing as you have it. We've been warning for a long time of the consequences of excusing mobs, egging them on and demonising the other.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

District Attorney, Attorney General positions are commonly used as stepping stones for ambitious politicla climbers. Witness Kamala Harris. Who they prosecute and who they let slide depends on what political favors are owed. Witness Kamala Harris dropping the priest sexual abuse investigation after getting elected SF DA thanks to large donations from Catholic orgs. Witness Kimm Foxx letting obama family friend, Jussie, walk.

Maybe we should reconsider these being elected offices.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: District Attorney, Attorney General positions are commonly used as stepping stones for ambitious political climbers.
fucking Giuliani

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Great exposé of US criminology as neo-marxist pseudo-science:

https://www.city-journal.org/html/what- ... 15328.html

John D

Post by John D »

Lots of people us the state DA as a stepping stone. It is a shame because it means all the state DA actions are almost entirely political. In Michigan, governor Granholm got her boost by going after gasoline pricing. The media fell in love with her since she was helping the common people. It was mostly bullshit, but it made her famous. She was a total shit of a governor in my view.

This old video is really interesting. Some things don't change much.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Is this another of your "Nigger had it coming" posts?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I had a wacky idea: use the Internet Wayback Machine to look at Breitbart.com ...wayback.

The third snapshot I looked-at, contained this gem:

I'm not 100% sure. Not even 50% sure. But... I wondered if the guy in military uniform was now a Trump supporter.

First guy with that name on Facebook-- has a private account, but a Trump/Pence avatar image.

Second guy with that name... was later the 'officer' in an 'officer involved shooting' in Minneapolis/St Paul-- of a wanted car thief who crashed into an unmarked cop car. I'm guessing that officer is more of a Trump guy than a Biden guy, these days.

https://www.twincities.com/2014/01/23/w ... -shooting/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

A guy I knew died a week ago. I'll call him 'Tim'. I'm writing this for myself, so I won't be concise. Dubious value to anyone-else. You're welcome to scoff at my poor performance.

20 years ago, Yahoo News was a leading website. The comment sections-- below each news article-- were active; and each comment bumped that-headline up-- to remain visible. So communities of 'regulars' emerged, with familiar screen-names & personalities. Not unlike this place. Certain old headlines became gathering-places, with thousands of comments below. "Bush Soars in the Polls" for Dubya supporters, long after his polls sank. Dubya haters gathered under the headline: "Curtains for Semi-Nude Justice Dept. Statue"-- in response to uptight-christian Attorney General Ashcroft covering-up the tits on a nude statue in a govt lobby.

I posted there frequently. I made friends. Tim was pretty popular, a genuine leader. He organized a group of regulars to visit nyc & i showed them around town. We got along great. I was day-trading at the time-- the dotcom bubble was collapsing. I gave Tim some investing advice, which he said saved his retirement money. "Forever grateful", "Always welcome in my home".

Yahoo's shining moment faded. Desperate to explain their problems, Yahoo blamed the toxic hardcore commenters at Yahoo News. Perhaps rightly so. Yahoo changed the way the comments worked, killing the subculture. Tim started his own blog & invited both allies & rivals to participate. The yahoo momentum didn't transfer to his site, but a smattering of users did go. And-- thru all these years-- a handful always kept posting. Every year or three, I'd drop by, say 'hi'. Maybe post for a few weeks, then not.

During the Dem primaries, I returned there, again. Attrition had thinned the crew down to Tim, an autistic-seeming gun-nut adult-kid in the midwest, a retired black nurse who was a bit schkitzo-- with a distant crush on Tim-- plus an avid new obsessive belief in QAnon. A couple lurkers. And a US expat History Prof living in Spain since the 80's-- with a crashing bore set of 80's ideas about Chomsky and stoopid-junkfood-Amurika and the superiority of euro socialism and euro-socialist culture.

Tim and the Prof had a bad habit of asking rhetorical questions, then reacting with shock & confusion when I actually answered them. "Can anyone name a single good thing Trump has done?" ... "The FIRST STEP Act." 'OMG>> Are you a MAGA Trump-nazi?!!Q!!Q!!!' I got into inane digressions with them, far worse than anything I've done here. And they were hopelessly Boomer about it. They cried bloody murder that I used the term 'Deep State', demanded I define this absurd conspiracy theory. So I quoted a paragraph about the Deep State-- from a speech by Dennis Kucinich. I'd love to report their brains exploded, but--no-- they seemed utterly unable to grasp anything I was saying. If I wasn't repeating some safe opinion from Trevor Noah or Daily Kos, I was making incomprehensible 'rightwing' noises.

Tim threatened to ban me from his site. Then, the next day, said he never would do that: "I disapprove of what you say, but would die for your right to say it." Then reversed himself & immediately banned me for a week. Then asked for input on whether I should be allowed-back. Then closed the discussion before others could reply. Especially ugly: he'd block my ability to respond, then misremember/incorrectly paraphrase what I'd said. It got ugly & personal. He accused me of domestic violence against an ex he'd met! I responded by reminding him that he was the one who had once been arrested for accidentally discharging a firearm in the house, after an argument with his wife. Not me. Obviously I struck a nerve. Bu seemed to lack comprehension that I was merely mirroring his own attack on me-- but with substance to back it up. He was a biochemist with a Phd. He was acting retarded. I asked him if he was late-night posting, drunk. He got mad.

I cut&pasted an over-the-top bit of his own rhetoric, from a week before: posted it. He interpreted his own words-- as death threat! And banned me forever. But he also, simultaneously, inadvertently included me in a mass-text of a lame political meme, along with over a dozen of his phone contacts... including professional contacts. So I replied to the meme in a non-spicy way. Took him a while to realize it was me, then he demanded I stop replying. Other people from his life said they never asked to be in the thread-- asked to be removed. Complete own-goal. I'm aware my role in all-this reflects poorly on me.

He would occasionally continue to denounce me on his blog, which I thought was poor form, after banning me. I considered ways to keep driving him crazy, but let it go.

Then his blog thanos-ed down to just Tim & the expat Professor-- who declared CHAZ to be the only part of America he supported (based on a glowing pre-CHOP article in the Guardian... haw!)

I thought Tim's blog was strangely-silent as the Kamala was chosen for Biden's VP, the Dem convention happened, the GOP convention. Then a post appeared from his family, saying he'd died peacefully at home at age 63. And another commenter emailed me with the obit-- he had kids, stepkids, grandkids, even a recent great-grandkid. Our mutual friend speculated that Tim's erratic behavior toward me might have been due to illness or medication.

Or maybe just Trump Derangement Syndrome. We were friends for 19 years, then this year petty enemies. When I was sleeping on sidewalks and in a van-- he offered me to stay in his home in another state. I didn't accept-- but his offer made me feel like humanity hadn't abandoned me. (As did similar generous offers from Pitters).

I can't believe I've been shitposting for two decades.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Service Dog wrote: I can't believe I've been shitposting for two decades.
I can. Practice makes perfect, and you are damn good at it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:31 pm
Is this another of your "Nigger had it coming" posts?
Poor bastard. Disrespected even in death. :bjarte:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It’s fair to say our society could no longer withstand a barbarian horde.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Portland Mayor's press conference-- about murdered counter-protester-- is quite a doozy.

He dusts-off the old "Trump mocked a disabled person" (2015), "Trump called Mexicans rapists" (2015), "Trump said Grab 'Em By The Wet-Ass P-word" (2005), "Trump said John McCain wasn't a hero" (1999) and "Black Lives Matter, Say Their Names" (2012).

Of course Mayor Ted doesn't say the name of the Trump supporter executed in his city. (His name was Robert Paulson.)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Alleged killer in Portland antifa/BLM guy, beneficiary of Mayor Wheeler's catch-and-release program for a weapon's* possession back in July:

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020/08 ... arge-july/

* A lovely PPQ he'd defaced with one of those stupid bolt-on waistband clips.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Alleged killer in Portland antifa/BLM guy, beneficiary of Mayor Wheeler's catch-and-release program for a weapon's* possession back in July:

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020/08 ... arge-july/

* A lovely PPQ he'd defaced with one of those stupid bolt-on waistband clips.
And a Bear Grylls "survival" knife!

John D

Post by John D »

Wow... Barnes kills it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

DW Adams wrote:

Yesterday I heard someone say (maybe it was ex-cop/youtuber 'Donut Operator')-- that Rosenbaum's online records are being removed because he is now deceased.

Seems plausible.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: It’s fair to say our society could no longer withstand a barbarian horde.

From time to time - it's worth reminding ourselves what our culture is...

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

On the topic of what happens in November, here's more on the idea that the current protesters won't be happy with a Biden win (they will obviously be unhappy with a Trump win):