You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Meanwhile in Disney's Negroland, everyone in congress has dressed like they are from Wakanda and washed all the negro's feets...

And my daughter writes this...

"This is not a political issue. This is a moral issue. I maintain my rights as a free person with freewill to tell you both that I do not want to be friends. I do not have to be friendly with you because you are my parents. I do not see this being something that can be fixed in therapy because a boundary has been crossed. That boundary was dad continuing to support Trump. I was going to wait until the election to enforce this boundary, but in recent events it seemed utterly ridiculous to wait til November. This being said, maybe if you worked hard on yourself and learned a few things by November we could be friends and I could trust you both again, but that is entirely up to you and I’ve given up on hoping."

and...

" I haven’t been able to focus very well since George Floyd was murdered because everything seems so much more important than the things I need to get done. I started vyvanse instead of adderall today because it should last longer and work better than my adderall and it is free on my current health insurance. I think that’s why I had the ability to write this and reach out today. "

Clown world man.... she wrote that I have "white fragitlity" and sent this link.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/health/w ... index.html

The bitches in my life be cray-cray.
Has this been posted yet?

https://newdiscourses.com/2020/06/cult- ... -wokeness/

Your daughter's in a cult.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jugheadnaut wrote:
John D wrote:
Clown world man.... she wrote that I have "white fragitlity" and sent this link.
The whole "white fragility" thing is an example of the SJW delusion that they can take an insult that is effective against them (in this case 'snowflake') and turn it around on their opponents while maintaining its effectiveness. They have to redefine 'fragility' to mean 'rejecting of our characterizations' in this attempt, which is actually the opposite of fragility.
Brett Weinstein noted that shaming is highly effective in-group, but backfires royally when applied out-group. The SJWs have spent so much time bullying their fellows inside their bubble, they think the entire universe is circumscribed by their bubble.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Never gets old.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Has this been posted yet?

https://newdiscourses.com/2020/06/cult- ... -wokeness/

Your daughter's in a cult.
Yo shit man.... you are right. Well... at least I don't need to lend her money anymore.

My wife and I talked to our therapist about this yesterday. I hadn't read the whole article before our meeting, but these same ideas were kicked around. Our therapist told us she has other clients that are having the same problem we are. Thanks for posting Matt. Perhaps this kind of idea will help us manage our ninny of a daughter going forward.

I told my wife I thought that our relationship would possibly never improve with our daughter. After raising her to be a critical thinker it is very shocking for me to see her join the "blue church". I guess I would have preferred her being a Christian. At least then I could just admit I was a sinner and we could get drunk together.... and let god forgive us in the morning. With "woke religion" you don't even get to be forgiven. It is a bitch... haha.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John,
Psychostimulants like Adderall and Vyvanse don't necessarily make people nicer; often quite the opposite. But I'm guessing it would be wrong to excuse her as simply suffering from a side-effect. I'd be inclined to perform one last important duty as a parent before sending her on her way into the world: she may have her own opinions, and has the right to express them, but she only has that right in a world where you have the same right. Furthermore, much as we may sometimes dislike our parents, they are still owed a degree of respect, something so obvious for the functioning of a society that a group of argumentative desert wanderers figured it out 4,000 years ago. Attempting to define a parent-child relationship in terms of a friendship is never going to work and ought not be encouraged by either side (a dreadfully common error these days, especially by parents). Consequently, given the breakdown of a proper parent-child dynamic, you will send her off to make her own way. As she sinks or swims, she will learn that you were not wholly bad, nor always wrong. She may grow up enough to return with a wish to re-open relations, which is fine as long as it isn't a ploy to extract more money. The one thing you cannot do, if you have some self-respect as a father, is to leave her accusations unanswered, for that will simply confirm in her mind that she is right. You don't have to be mean, or rude; merely say she can try things her way and that the door is open if decides she may have been hasty. That might be the hardest thing to do as a parent, but sometimes the right thing is hard. I'm always reminded of the telegram sent in reply by a father who was asked if his children might go sailing in Swallows and Amazons: "better drowned than duffers if not duffers won't drown". Sink or swim time is rough, but children, like birds, must leave the nest. Misery guaranteed for all otherwise.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: After raising her to be a critical thinker it is very shocking for me to see her join the "blue church". I guess I would have preferred her being a Christian.
It was a fatal error for secularism to take away the religions without offering a moral and social framework to replace them. Cuz the desire for such a framework still existed; religious faith was not just a delusion. So nearly everyone just went and adhered to new quasi-religious entities, complete with unquestionable dogma and mindless public ritual.

With "woke religion" you don't even get to be forgiven. It is a bitch... haha.
So true. Confess your sins and they just shove you further into the meat grinder.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: John,
Psychostimulants like Adderall and Vyvanse don't necessarily make people nicer; often quite the opposite. But I'm guessing it would be wrong to excuse her as simply suffering from a side-effect. I'd be inclined to perform one last important duty as a parent before sending her on her way into the world: she may have her own opinions, and has the right to express them, but she only has that right in a world where you have the same right. Furthermore, much as we may sometimes dislike our parents, they are still owed a degree of respect, something so obvious for the functioning of a society that a group of argumentative desert wanderers figured it out 4,000 years ago. Attempting to define a parent-child relationship in terms of a friendship is never going to work and ought not be encouraged by either side (a dreadfully common error these days, especially by parents). Consequently, given the breakdown of a proper parent-child dynamic, you will send her off to make her own way. As she sinks or swims, she will learn that you were not wholly bad, nor always wrong. She may grow up enough to return with a wish to re-open relations, which is fine as long as it isn't a ploy to extract more money. The one thing you cannot do, if you have some self-respect as a father, is to leave her accusations unanswered, for that will simply confirm in her mind that she is right. You don't have to be mean, or rude; merely say she can try things her way and that the door is open if decides she may have been hasty. That might be the hardest thing to do as a parent, but sometimes the right thing is hard. I'm always reminded of the telegram sent in reply by a father who was asked if his children might go sailing in Swallows and Amazons: "better drowned than duffers if not duffers won't drown". Sink or swim time is rough, but children, like birds, must leave the nest. Misery guaranteed for all otherwise.
Excellent advice. That she keeps trying to engage you -- albeit presently in the role of a re-education camp guard -- indicates she still desires your approval and values your fatherly input. If nothing else, stating the truths, of human decency and civil & familial interaction, which screwtape mentions, might serve her well some point down the road.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: After raising her to be a critical thinker it is very shocking for me to see her join the "blue church". I guess I would have preferred her being a Christian.
It was a fatal error for secularism to take away the religions without offering a moral and social framework to replace them. Cuz the desire for such a framework still existed; religious faith was not just a delusion. So nearly everyone just went and adhered to new quasi-religious entities, complete with unquestionable dogma and mindless public ritual.

With "woke religion" you don't even get to be forgiven. It is a bitch... haha.
So true. Confess your sins and they just shove you further into the meat grinder.
I remember thinking long and hard about how to raise my kids. For a while I even considered joining a church and just faking my way through as a "nominal" Christian so my kids would understand the core of some of the concepts of their society. In the end I decided that I would be okay if I modeled good behavior in the home. If I demonstrated hard work, and duty, honesty, and compassion, critical thinking and understanding that my kids would learn to behave with these same core principals.

Alas... I think I was wrong. When I discuss core principals such as freedom and honesty and liberty and self control to my daughter she scoffs it off. She thinks these things are remnants of the patriarchal colonial western culture that is the most evil force to hit the world. My setting an example for my kids was not enough. But... on reflection... I am not exactly sure what I would do differently. My daughter really needed a god to pray to... and I did not give her that. Just because I never found comfort in prayer doesn't mean that she didn't need it.

Really.... very distressing.

I am thinking about how to interact with her. It is pretty tricky. Do I come out a tell her I think she is in a kind of cult? Is this helpful? Do I just interact with her in a polite way to reduce friction? Perhaps she will break free of this and will need a home to come back to. It is another big puzzle.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I sometimes wonder how a Mitford family reunion would have worked out.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Though there would be Unity.

John D

Post by John D »

ROUGH DRAFT OF MY LETTER TO MY KID -

Dear N – I will do my best to write down my thoughts. Since this is in writing you will be able to return to it and read it as many times as needed.

You have been born into a genetic heritage of people who enjoy drug use. Booze for me, pot for Lily, anti-depressants for mom, and adhd meds for you. My fatherly advice here is that you need to balance your drug use with having a well-functioning life. You are taking a class of medication that has many side effects including aggression. Your drug use does not define you and your adhd does not define you. Find a balance if you can, and understand that you are you… and your meds do not define you.

I have no desire to be your friend… especially as you define it. I am your father and will always be your father. If you encounter life problems that you cannot handle you are always able to come home. This is my duty to you as your father. But, don’t think I can support you in your current life plan. You are focused of things you cannot change, you are distracted by the drama created by the social media around you, and you are not controlling your own life. I will not take part or enable you in this mess.

You owe your mother and I $800. I really don’t care about this. If you want to pay it back you may. I will not be lending you any further money. Please don’t bother to ask. In my view, if you can’t pay your bills, you need to sell the RV. I will do what I can to help you sell it if I can. I see this as a unrealistic financial load on you and am happy to help you clear this up.

White excellence is not white supremacy. It is not your fault, as a white person, that your racial ancestors where positioned to define the modern world. You didn’t personally hurt anyone… and neither did I. Remember this… it was white people who first started to end slavery, it was white people who engaged in the enlightenment, and it was white people who created a country that makes forms of racism illegal. The systems are not perfect, and can use improvement… but the idea that white people caused all the shit in the world is pathetic. White people, while creating grief, have also been one of the greatest forces for good as well. History is ugly and people of all races have done terrible things. The idea that whites are particularly evil is complete bull shit. Read some history that is not written by SJWs… it will do you good.

I am very regretful. I have obviously failed you in some way. I used to believe that if I demonstrated good behavior you would latch on to the moral foundation of your society. I see now that I did not prepare you well. You do not believe in first principals such as honesty, duty, thankfulness, and forgiveness. You have unfortunately latched on to the immorality of identitarinism. I have even been thinking you would have been better off if you had attended more church. You probably needed a god to pray to… and I was not able to provide that for you. As a result you have abandoned the foundational traditional of your society… and you are morally adrift.

I believe you are now a member of a cult. Since you are deeply involved in this cult there is little I can do to help you escape. Just know this… when you finally escape your cult I will welcome you into my home, and my life, with no judgement. I love you and have the deepest duty to you. Everything I do is because I am trying to help you even though we disagree on what is best for us right now.

Finally, I am sure we both agree that we want L to have a happy wedding. I will not discuss any of our disagreements on L’s day. This is her day. If you and O want to sleep in the house, and shower in the house you are welcome to. I am not restricting you or O from staying here. Any restrictions on joining us for food, or using the house are created by your rules… not mine. Let’s not fuck this up for L.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:32 pm
jugheadnaut wrote:
John D wrote:
The whole "white fragility" thing is an example of the SJW delusion that they can take an insult that is effective against them (in this case 'snowflake') and turn it around on their opponents while maintaining its effectiveness. They have to redefine 'fragility' to mean 'rejecting of our characterizations' in this attempt, which is actually the opposite of fragility.
Brett Weinstein noted that shaming is highly effective in-group, but backfires royally when applied out-group. The SJWs have spent so much time bullying their fellows inside their bubble, they think the entire universe is circumscribed by their bubble.
Now if only the corporate world would understand that. People are losing their jobs for lack of obeisance to the delusion du jour. Even Republican senators are toeing the line, which is probably going to cost them come election time.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Anita takes over a section of Seattle, including a police station:

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/202 ... mous-zone/

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So true. Confess your sins and they just shove you further into the meat grinder.
Seems like a good quote to use before presenting this:

https://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-fore ... party.html

The only actual sin presented in the article references a photograph from a 2018 party in the office. The individual pictured was a new hire. The party was shut down in 45 minutes. The company went through the apology rituals two years ago. Yet the knives flash now and the company is branded sexist, homophobic and racist.

And check out the picture. Still not sure what the offense is/was. That is a racial stereotype? I have lived all across the country in urban and rural settings -- I would have placed the style as being 'generic, urban, young male'.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

HelpingHand wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So true. Confess your sins and they just shove you further into the meat grinder.
Seems like a good quote to use before presenting this:

https://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-fore ... party.html

The only actual sin presented in the article references a photograph from a 2018 party in the office. The individual pictured was a new hire. The party was shut down in 45 minutes. The company went through the apology rituals two years ago. Yet the knives flash now and the company is branded sexist, homophobic and racist.

And check out the picture. Still not sure what the offense is/was. That is a racial stereotype? I have lived all across the country in urban and rural settings -- I would have placed the style as being 'generic, urban, young male'.
I would say the offense is that the white person in the photo is appropriating black american culture. The theme of the party (Hip-Hop) is also black american culture. So unless that guy in the photo was the only white guy there I think we can safely say the offense was cultural appropriation.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Seattle Commune's demands. They are a hoot:

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Seattle Commune's demands. They are a hoot:

My advice to them: don;t hold your breath.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 6.04.30 PM.jpg
(53.57 KiB) Downloaded 1406 times
Presumably, if you are all equal, white patients may demand white doctors and nurses?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: Presumably, if you are all equal, white patients may demand white doctors and nurses?
All patients are equal, but some patients are more equal than others.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The mob has taken Seattle city hall:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/seatt ... r-BB15ioJo

Just a matter of time -- the mob attack a car, the occupants are carrying:

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... in-seattle

Keating

Post by Keating »

I wonder if this is what bin Laden had in mind when he brought down the World Trade Centre.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Dependency claiming to be Autonomy.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The mob has taken Seattle city hall:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/seatt ... r-BB15ioJo

Just a matter of time -- the mob attack a car, the occupants are carrying:

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... in-seattle
Now if only Trump crash lands there, we can send in Snake Plissken.

John D

Post by John D »

Meanwhile.... the new musical review performance at Disney's Negroland...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: ROUGH DRAFT OF MY LETTER TO MY KID -
My advice (for whatever that is worth) - don't send this. Delete your copies & delete the post (so that it cannot be found by a word search).

The housekeeping stuff stands in good stead - and what behaviour you expect and your obligations to her. But other than that you don't owe anyone an explanation for what you believe, your daughter has probably heard it before anyway - and she knows where you are if she wants to talk.

Do not send it on a bike.
Do not take it with you when you hike.
Do not give it to a friend called Mike.
Oh what the hell, do what you like.

Or you could print it out and then burn it - but don't forget to scatter the ashes to the four winds - if you don't want to go the same way as Loki.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Dependency claiming to be Autonomy.
You nailed it.

When I was about ten, I 'founded' The Republic of [my] Room, with four states: Bed, Closet, Desk, and Bookshelf. I created a kirigami four-starred flag and elected myself president. Then my mom called it was time for dinner.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Funny typo in the White Fragility reading list. Code Switch is on NPR.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Juneteenth is now paid holiday for my firm.

Never thought that corporate appeasement of the woke would actually benefit me.

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote:
John D wrote: ROUGH DRAFT OF MY LETTER TO MY KID -
My advice (for whatever that is worth) - don't send this. Delete your copies & delete the post (so that it cannot be found by a word search).

The housekeeping stuff stands in good stead - and what behaviour you expect and your obligations to her. But other than that you don't owe anyone an explanation for what you believe, your daughter has probably heard it before anyway - and she knows where you are if she wants to talk.

Do not send it on a bike.
Do not take it with you when you hike.
Do not give it to a friend called Mike.
Oh what the hell, do what you like.

Or you could print it out and then burn it - but don't forget to scatter the ashes to the four winds - if you don't want to go the same way as Loki.
Yeah... thanks. I have had similar advice from other friends. I have re-written this stupid letter abut five times. Haha.

Keep it simple.

Don't play her game.

John D

Post by John D »

This is pretty good.... and all the Dark Horse stuff is not bad. I watched this political movement coming for the last 5 to 7 years. I tried to do what little I could to stop it, but... well... I obviously didn't do enough.

I am surprised that these Marxist extremists captured my kid's mind. Wow... just wow.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Funny typo in the White Fragility reading list. Code Switch is on NPR.
You need to roll a natural d20 for them to take a call from a listener.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

HelpingHand wrote: Juneteenth is now paid holiday for my firm.

Never thought that corporate appeasement of the woke would actually benefit me.
I see Ol' Trumpo has chosen to hold his first election rally in Tulsa on the Juneteenth. :bjarte:

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

The greatest 180 in history:

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Satirising racism is now racist:

Keating

Post by Keating »

Maoism

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Taoism
I Ching and Chess

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Everything is racist. Wasn't there a line in The Incredibles that would be relevant about now?

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/10/21287 ... ds-apology

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I can’t say the cops in my city don’t have a sense of humor...or irony:
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/san-jo ... -protests/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The same woke brigade that campaigned like zealot crusaders for same sex marriage and same sex bathrooms are now tearing down our cultural artefacts.

I knew this Liberal circus would end poorly.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

'Racism' has morphed from the victim Mattering... to the Perpetrator. It's White supremacy that's bad, specifically.

=
The protesters' remedy for who Controls society... 'institutional'... Is for blacks to control.
I'd prefer a competitive society, where no one monopolizes Control.

=
'Not everyone can expect the police to be friendly & helpful'. ...so let's act like assholes!
Set everything on fire! Yell outlandish hateful nonsense! Be unreasonable! When drugged-out homeless individuals act that way on my block... It's not viable for me to act soft&cheery, give them whatever they request, expose myself to their nightmare. I'm being relatively friendly&helpful by coexisting & neglecting them. Do they really want to push me into actively opposing them? Here... eat this rat poison.

=
'Karens' are the same as BLM... unlikeable people demanding to the manager... to be treated like a Favorite. As if it's her right. It's true that Karen is a racial. she Has To Be white. There's a legit reason to critique white-women's entitlement, for sure. But also... making Karen white avoids noticing all the unlikeable Jews and Muslims and Blacks and Indonesians... complaining to The Man(ager)... about how they aren't being treated as well as that kind, generous, pleasant grandma, over there.

=
I'm upstate, at a delightful cabin. No internet or keyboard, except phone. With an old gay mexican & my chink gf & dog & another dog. Gf's cooking even better than usual. Dog loves the lake... won't be euthanizing him this-time. Dog made friends with chubby white college girls with hefty butts & a jetski & beer. I brought a cheap guitar & modified it with pocket knife & gasoline. Everything's great... but for some reason the above thoughts were the first things to pop into my head... waking today.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Also, signs on Penny Lane in Liverpool have been vandalized.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

That's seriously awesome.

Now, got any pix to share of those hefty butts on jet ski's you mentioned?

Glad your dog is enjoying his reprieve.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Secular Student Alliance is beyond parody

Contesting Secular Male Supremacism to Build a Better World

Register for this event here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/registe ... MGHCvg79HA

Alex DiBranco began her work on right-wing movements more than a decade ago with a focus on the Christian Right and the anti-abortion movement; in recent years, this focus has shifted to analyzing the rise in secular misogynist movements that include atheist members and leaders. The organized secular/atheist movement has over-emphasized opposition to religion or the belief in a god for its own sake, rather than prioritizing the problem of harm posed to social justice from any direction. Ongoing issues with misogyny in the organized movement are one reflection of this bias, in addition to the ease with which a hollow atheist ideology accommodates male supremacist actors such as the founder of The Red Pill. Envisioning a better world requires that we take stock of the movement we want to be building, value a feminist humanist approach that can provide an inspiring platform to create change, and contest white, male, and cisgendered supremacism regardless of whether it comes from a theistic or atheistic belief system.

Alex DiBranco is executive director of the Institute for Research on Male Supremacism. Her writings on male supremacism and incel terrorism have appeared in the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism Journal and The Public Eye quarterly, a publication of the think tank Political Research Associates. She has provided trainings and advice on male supremacist ideology for social justice organizations such as Western States Center, National Domestic Workers Alliance, and SURJ. DiBranco has been interviewed about her work by outlets including NPR, The New Republic, the Chicago Tribune, Think Progress, and the Southern Poverty Law Center. She has a chapter in the book News of the Right published by Oxford University Press, drawn from her in-progress dissertation analyzing how the U.S. Right built sustainable infrastructure and political power from the 1970s through 1990s. DiBranco is a Sociology Ph.D. candidate at Yale University, affiliated with the Berkeley Center for Right-Wing Studies, and a 2019-2020 Dangerous Speech Project Global Research Initiative Fellow. Follow her on twitter @alexdibranco.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

justinvacula wrote: [...]
SomeSJW wrote:The organized secular/atheist movement has over-emphasized opposition to religion or the belief in a god for its own sake, rather than prioritizing the problem of harm posed to social justice from any direction.
[...]
Maybe there needs to be another movement, one that incorporates atheism and social justice. All they need is a catchy name and some intellectual artillery. I'm sure it will do extremely well.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Very good podcast discussion about Saul Alinsky's 'Rules For Radicals' book & whether its wicked methods can be harnessed for Good:

https://schoolsucksproject.com/tag/rules-for-radicals/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Small town grocery store...

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Cringeworthy stuff, as minor white celebrities try to make BLM all about them:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Amazing what the additional challenges are of this ‘brave new world’.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

screwtape wrote: Cringeworthy stuff, as minor white celebrities try to make BLM all about them:

We had a BLM event in our community. A few hundred showed up, largely social distancing and wearing masks.
We have a small percentage of black people here, and I've never heard of the cops being especially abusive of them, though I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
The speakers weren't talking about the cops but were reminding that there are racists in our community. The incident in question was was someone walking in to a tavern and calling the speakers niggers. Other customers (presumably white) backed up the 2 black women and the staff ejected the cad.
Why 200 people showed up to listen to this trivial sermon is difficult for me to understand.

John D

Post by John D »

Fuck it. I decided to just ignore my daughter's letter. Fuck it. My wife said I should email her and tell her that I love her, but I can't do it. I told my wife she could tell her she loves her if she wants. I am so done with this shit.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Could be worse John. You could be this guy: https://i.redd.it/lpi745rnr4451.jpg

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Why 200 people showed up to listen to this trivial sermon is difficult for me to understand.
Maybe they were all bears wondering why 199 people would show up to watch the sermon?

This sort of stuff, I don't understand:
https://i.redd.it/73whevxbt8351.jpg

Parliament House was built into the hill so the people could always walk above it. The symbolism was clear - the people were above parliament. After some people did something, it was fenced off. Another obvious symbolic event. Now we have people literally kneeling towards parliament. What the fuck do you think you're doing?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pretty sure that Youtube is intentionally jamming content it disapproves of. I'll load two videos at once, and the anodyne video loads and plays just fine, while 'problematic' video hangs, then I get a message that my internet connection is the culprit.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I just finished Crime and Punishment. From the 1860s, this is on the second last page:
Fyodor Dostoevsky wrote:When he was better, he remembered the dreams he had while he was feverish and delirious. He dreamt that the whole world was condemned to a terrible new strange plague that had come to Europe from the depths of Asia. All were to be destroyed except a very few chosen. Some new sorts of microbes were attacking the bodies of men, but these microbes were endowed with intelligence and will. Men attacked by them became at once mad and furious. But never had men considered themselves so intellectual and so completely in possession of the truth as these sufferers, never had they considered their decision, their scientific conclusions, their moral convictions so infallible. Whole villages, whole towns and peoples went mad from the infection. All were executed and did not understand one another. Each thought that he alone had the truth and was wretched looking at the others, beat himself on the breast, wept and wrung his hands. They did not know how to judge and could not agree what to consider evil and what good; they did not know whom to blame, whom to justify. Men killed each other in a sort of senseless spite. They gathered together in armies against one another, but even on the march the armies would begin attacking each other, the ranks would be broken and the soldiers would fall on each other, stabbing and cutting, biting and devouring each other. The alarm bell was ringing all day long in the towns; men rushed together, but why they were summoned and who was summoning them no one knew. The most ordinary trades were abandoned because everyone proposed his own ideas, his own improvements, and they could not agree. The land too was abandoned. Men met in groups, agreed on something, swore to keep together, but at once began on something quite different from what they had proposed. They accused one another, fought and killed each other. There were conflagrations and famine. All men and all things were involved in destruction. The plague spread and moved farther and farther. Only a few men could be saved in the whole world. They were a pure chosen people, destined to found a new race and a new life, to renew and purify the earth, but no one had seen these men, no one had heard their words and their voices.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It appears there might be good reason to not dead name anyone...