You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by MarcusAu »

Not sure it is worth it - with only the Rump of the Pit (or is it the Pit of the Rump) left.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Thanks free thoughtpolice. Hope you're doing well.

John D

Post by John D »

92951352_3161653007213186_860779413975859200_n.jpg
(8.96 KiB) Downloaded 1059 times

John D

Post by John D »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Seeing how it's going around these days, maybe we could plan another video Pit hangout sometime. There's a good app called StreamYard that works really well (we did a live session on our band's page using that).

Just sayin'
I watched part of your broadcast. I almost said "Greetings from the pyt!" But then I thought that was probably a bad idea... haha. I was only disappointed that your lead singer was not really Jack Black.... I thought it was Jack Black!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Can Jack Black sing? We know he can't dance from his quarantine dance:

John D

Post by John D »

He can sing and play a decent guitar.... and one of Phil's Fairyland vocalists sounds exactly like Jack Black... haha

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Seeing how it's going around these days, maybe we could plan another video Pit hangout sometime. There's a good app called StreamYard that works really well (we did a live session on our band's page using that).

Just sayin'
That would be fun, if there was a semi private way to do it.

Parody Accountant

Started thinkin bout quantum leap the other day. Told my service dog already.

I think FtB / keyboard SJW mindset is like the plot of quantum leap. Always striving to set right what once went wrong.

But somehow they always find an excuse to do SJW shit or wear a dress.

Parody Accountant

I do quantum leaps. Strivin so hard right now

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: You tend to strawman and misrepresent people.
No one should ever do that!
... you aren't a very careful reader or because you are just a hot headed cunt that decides that someone that doesn't immediately agree with you must be an SJW or a marxist.
:think:

Fuck you, you MAGA hat wearing Qanon dumbass. Your mother probably fucks your horses.
Meh. PA always did it much more panache. And Cunt was an artist.

The point that I have disagreed with from the start is the claim that the virus was created in the lab as a biological agent instead of it developing from zoonotic sources.
Yes, and you bashed that strawman for weeks when the rest of us were focusing on an accidental release from a legit scientific sample.
I am putting forth the theory that covid19 could have been circulating in the countryside for some time and was brought into Wuhan from a traveller from an infected region.
That's plausible, but purely suppositive. The explanation that most parsimoniously incorporates all the mounting evidence, is an accidental leak from the Wuhan lab. Yet for some reason, you still cling to the 'somehow somebody musta brought it from somewhere at some point' theory.
You claim to know that the CCP knew the origin and apparently patient zero. That coould be correct but I don't take it as a reliable fact partly because there are so many "facts" floating around and there is little way to reliably corroborate them.
My strong assumption is that the Chinese gov't knows the true origin. The facts aren't 'floating around'; they've been suppressed or destroyed by the CCP, while anyone from the West interested in uncovering them -- journalists, CDC experts, et al. -- have been expelled from or denied entry into China. That might mean they don't know it came from the lab but only fear it being so. But as Jugheadnaut pointed out, it's not unreasonable to presume the worst in the motives and actions of a paranoid, totalitarian regime like the PCC.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: ...the Africans whom they despise.
Mrs Screwtape was in Kenya in February and early March (made it home just in time), and got caught up in the riots and roadblocks over Chinese workers being flown in en masse for work on the Mombasa railway. A few bribes and the workers were being let in with no passport checks and no health screening, despite it being obvious what was coming from China. That's the way they do things. All people, and especially foreigners, are an expendable resource that is there to be used to further their economic and political goals.
'Rape' is not too strong a word to describe what China has done to Africa the past decade or so.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:08 am
screwtape wrote: ...the Africans whom they despise.
Mrs Screwtape was in Kenya in February and early March (made it home just in time), and got caught up in the riots and roadblocks over Chinese workers being flown in en masse for work on the Mombasa railway. A few bribes and the workers were being let in with no passport checks and no health screening, despite it being obvious what was coming from China. That's the way they do things. All people, and especially foreigners, are an expendable resource that is there to be used to further their economic and political goals.
'Rape' is not too strong a word to describe what China has done to Africa the past decade or so.
It's only rape when white colonialists do it. African pimp governments held down their people and helped lift their skirts in return for some cash and a chance to stick it to imperialist whitey. Maybe I'm being too harsh, what else is a government to do after they've plundered the nation's coffers dry and someone comes along with a wad of cash in hand? Citizens Pension funds aren't inexhaustable after all.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

I'm no logician, but wouldn't those be examples of ad hominem, rather than strawmanning?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

I'm no logician, but wouldn't those be examples of ad hominem, rather than strawmanning?

free thoughtpolice

?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

You is all a bunch of poofs

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

fuzzy wrote: You is all a bunch of poofs
Except for those lahdidahs who is poufs.

https://img.castlery.com.au/products/im ... 1575620796

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I thought that they were adjectives.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Matt quoted you, and when I tried to quote him quoting you it fucked up, so I screengrabbed instead.

He accused you of strawmanning, but if anything I would say you were ad homineming.

free thoughtpolice

Matt quoted you, and when I tried to quote him quoting you it fucked up, so I screengrabbed instead.

He accused you of strawmanning, but if anything I would say you were ad homineming.
I wasn't sure :lol:

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Surprised at how well this translates to piano...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I've always suspected Metallica were classical musicians and just pretend to play metal so they can hide from, and forget, all the wedgies they got in high school.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I believe my arguments were strawmanned, while I personally was misrepresented. But I'll get over it.

As I see it, no ad hominems were perpetrated.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Adorable moment man interrupted by his son on live TV

:lol:

free thoughtpolice

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

I believe my arguments were strawmanned, while I personally was misrepresented. But I'll get over it.

As I see it, no ad hominems were perpetrated.
I thought Bill Gates was behind the virus. He talked about a pandemic in 2015 for crying out loud! ;)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I've always suspected Metallica were classical musicians and just pretend to play metal so they can hide from, and forget, all the wedgies they got in high school.
Funny you should say that, I've had similar thoughts about them (and other groups) for a while. "Baroque" being my word of choice.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
What fucknuts doesn't acknowledge is the IFR in the absence of doing something.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

NS now has seven dead of Covid-19, and 13 dead today at the hands of a crazed denturist.

I've never met a denturist who was entirely right in the head, FWIW.

free thoughtpolice

screwtape wrote: NS now has seven dead of Covid-19, and 13 dead today at the hands of a crazed denturist.

I've never met a denturist who was entirely right in the head, FWIW.
That guy is quite the piece of work. He went the trouble of getting a car and painting it to look like a cop car and got a uniform of sorts.
A lot of planning and effort to do an apparently unfocused murderous rampage.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“Working from home”

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
The white paper makes scant mention of the global shutdown, and the shutdown doesn't contribute to the estimates it gives. I fail to see why, in a Tweet where Lomborg is merely sharing and quoting from the paper without elaboration, he should be acknowledging something that's not in the paper. The paper discusses issues related to the estimation of IFR (which is a useful statistic, but not directly measurable) from CFR (which is a directly measurable statistic, but not particularly useful due to sample bias).

The main purpose of the shutdown is to reduce the rate of infections, not reduce IFR. IFR is largely independent of these efforts, except that reducing the rate of infections will keep health care systems from going over-capacity and limit deaths due to lack of medical intervention.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watched Deadwater Fell (David Tennant)

Meh. A character piece that forgot audiences like a clever plot for whodoneits

I was relieved to see that Scotland has rediscovered and embraced its lost tribe.

carriee

Post by carriee »

Brive1987 wrote: “Working from home”

LOL working from home is very boring and And you have to face the mischief of the kids all day. The best way for your kids to keep yelling you is to let them watch movies all day. I recommend a few children's movies like Toy story 4, Home Alone, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Incredibles 2, How to Train Your Dragon
The children will sit still and stop screaming. That's the way I do it. and also I recommend one of the best website to watch movies free hd online is gustatv.to

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jugheadnaut wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Because, as you probably well know, Lomborg sees himself as Loki incarnate, a trickster who likes to use numbers to suggest that actions are overreactions.

The white paper makes scant mention of the global shutdown, and the shutdown doesn't contribute to the estimates it gives. I fail to see why, in a Tweet where Lomborg is merely sharing and quoting from the paper without elaboration, he should be acknowledging something that's not in the paper. The paper discusses issues related to the estimation of IFR (which is a useful statistic, but not directly measurable) from CFR (which is a directly measurable statistic, but not particularly useful due to sample bias).

The main purpose of the shutdown is to reduce the rate of infections, not reduce IFR. IFR is largely independent of these efforts, except that reducing the rate of infections will keep health care systems from going over-capacity and limit deaths due to lack of medical intervention.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jugheadnaut wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Wot I meant to say.

Because, as you probably well know, Lomborg sees himself as Loki incarnate, a trickster who likes to use numbers to suggest that actions are overreactions.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

carriee wrote:

LOL working from home is very boring and And you have to face the mischief of the kids all day. The best way for your kids to keep yelling you is to let them watch movies all day. I recommend a few children's movies like Toy story 4, Home Alone, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Incredibles 2, How to Train Your Dragon
The children will sit still and stop screaming. That's the way I do it. and also I recommend one of the best website to watch movies free hd online is gustatv.to
I find having them leave home is the best option.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

carriee wrote:

Hello Carriee, and with the Pit's best, most traditional wishes: take these and fuck off.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Meanwhile...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
carriee wrote:

I find having them leave home is the best option.
I assume we all saw the dude with his tackle swinging in the background? The current question is ... was it her husband?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Maybe it's not the same John W. McDaniel...

free thoughtpolice

There comes a time when the Tree of Liberty needs to be fertilized with the corpses of dimwits.
Alex Jones Jefferson

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

It's interesting to see conservatives simultaneously repudiate the Xi regime over the virus, but also agree with the Xi regime over the virus being not a big deal.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:27 am
jugheadnaut wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Wot I meant to say.

Lomborg is a trickster who likes to use numbers to keep himself at the centre of attention and push whatever POV keeps the funding coming.

free thoughtpolice

:19 seconds in anti vaxxers
1:04 Alex Jones in his infowars wagon
At some points there are people doing social distancing, at others people clearly aren't.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

carriee wrote:

A new 'pitter?

Fuck right off!

https://previews.123rf.com/images/tan4i ... olated.jpg

Basket of links posted, art of Kanly adhered to, my hands are clean.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

A basket of lynx:
basket_of_lynx.jpg
(305.35 KiB) Downloaded 778 times

A Lynx basket:
lynx_basket.jpg
(101.22 KiB) Downloaded 790 times

free thoughtpolice

I wonder if cariee gets the basket of links joke?
Ze may not be familiar with the Atheist + forum.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

:19 seconds in anti vaxxers
1:04 Alex Jones in his infowars wagon
At some points there are people doing social distancing, at others people clearly aren't.
We are running an experiment in this country. We'll see how the people who don't social distance fare compared to those who do.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I wonder if cariee gets the basket of links joke?
Ze may not be familiar with the Atheist + forum.
It's a tradition. And traditions are defined as those things you keep doing long after everyone's forget the original reason why. Or long after the Atheist + forum went belly up.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The Pit is nothing if not trad.

Dems have scored an own goal.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Meanwhile...

I'll be there with bells on.

(and devil horns raised!)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:27 am
snip

What he said.
Lomborg is a trickster who likes to use numbers to keep himself at the centre of attention and push whatever POV keeps the funding coming.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Jesus Christ - I just about ripped off my knackers!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Meanwhile...

I'll be there with bells on.

(and devil horns raised!)
What time is that in American?

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: The Pit is nothing if not trad.

Dems have scored an own goal.

Oh boo fucking hoo
Show us on the doll where Nancy Pelosi gave you a bad touch.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

KiwiInOz wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Wot I meant to say.

I see. So your response had nothing to do with the paper or Lomborg's tweet, it was just a chance to lob a grade school epithet on someone you have a fantasyland opinion of. And doing work to 'suggest that actions are overreactions' (i.e. cost benefit analysis) is crucial when laughable climate alarmism untethered to any scientific underpinnings is routinely proclaimed by activists and signal boosted by credulous media.