Keating

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Keating »

;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shitfuckpiss - our 17-year-old Honda CR-V which we hoped would be good for another 10-years/150K miles just died with a fucked engine. Looks like we get to drop $35K on a replacement.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:26 pm
Shitfuckpiss - our 17-year-old Honda CR-V which we hoped would be good for another 10-years/150K miles just died with a fucked engine. Looks like we get to drop $35K on a replacement.
I feel your pain. I just junked a 19 yr old Integra. Probably going to do the same to the 18 yr old Sonata in a year or so.

I was toying with the idea of getting another BMW but I am not going to. I still have painful memories of the what they charged for a normal service. Despite the fact that replacing the oxygen sensor on the 3 series actually cost less than one for the VW Rabbit. I loved my BMW but the costs were pretty excessive.

Still have not yet made up my mind what I am going to get next. I will probably get another Hyundai (because good value/money ratio).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Bugger.

I’ve got a 2008 CRV with the leather, sunroof crap crap crap. I’m hoping for more 10 years. Looks like I might get 7. I have zero interest pouring money into weekend movers. :bjarte:

I feel your pain.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
I feel your pain. I just junked a 19 yr old Integra. Probably going to do the same to the 18 yr old Sonata in a year or so.

I was toying with the idea of getting another BMW but I am not going to. I still have painful memories of the what they charged for a normal service. Despite the fact that replacing the oxygen sensor on the 3 series actually cost less than one for the VW Rabbit. I loved my BMW but the costs were pretty excessive.

Still have not yet made up my mind what I am going to get next. I will probably get another Hyundai (because good value/money ratio).
Heh. I feel your pain - I'm driving an M5 at the moment (got it second-hand, no way I'd buy a new one) and the running/service costs are nasty. Still, it's an absolute joy to drive, eats the miles with ease and is a beautiful symphony of engineering.

(I still miss my 3 series, one of my all-time favourite cars)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ha. You Brexiteers are toast now. Uri Geller is going to stop it with his mind.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

My 2005 Suzuki XL7 went to the great scrapyard in the sky a few months ago. The valve seals had gone and it was going to cost more to fix it than it was worth (bought new and totally depreciated, >300k kms on the clock). Now have a 2014 Subaru Outback while waiting for my Tesla 3 to come in later this year.

Keating

Post by Keating »

My 2002 Toyota is getting a new clutch next month because I think pouring another grand into her is a better bet than getting a new car.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote: My 2002 Toyota is getting a new clutch next month because I think pouring another grand into her is a better bet than getting a new car.
Corolla's are fantastic. My youngest son now has the 1995 Corolla that went through his two older sibs and my wife, and it is still really nippy.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Meanwhile....

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Phil Anselmo of Pantera has lost a couple gigs in New Zealand, due to Christchurch.

The first insane thing about this--is that Phil's friend & bandmate-- Dimebag Darrell-- died performing onstage, murdered by a crazed gunman in the audience. Shouldn't that earn Phil a few presumption-of-being-on-the-correct-side points?

The second insane thing-- is that Phil's current band-- 'The Illegals'-- appear to be from the Wrong Side of trump's wall, to be nazis.
https://www.kerrang.com/assets/images/5 ... 8c6c4a.jpg

The third thing-- is that Phil is actually guilty of racist thoughtcrimes. In 2014, at a tribute concert for Dimebag, Phil ended the night with a seig heil salute, shouting, 'White Power!'. He has blamed being drunk & high. And said it was a joke about being drunk on white wine. And said people in the front row were calling him a racist-- so he was responding to their bullshit with a big fuck-you. He has made public apologies & donations & sponsored a ghetto boxing gym in Detroit... but I don't think he can talk his way out of being a loudmouth lout, with wrongthink beliefs.

I saw Pantera with Type O Negative, around 1993, & I remember him ranting between songs-- that no one should 'look in the mirror' & ever feel 'ashamed'-- there's nothing wrong with being 'proud'-- of what you are-- including if you're proud of being 'white'. Ok fine. But-- it's awkward that he felt compelled to make that declaration-- out of the blue, apropos of nothing. Also-- his explanation of Pantera using the Confederate Flag on t-shirts & logos & shit... is pretty weak. He says they were just copying Lynyrd Skynyrd & didn't give it any thought. Howabout telling the truth-- that they DID give it thought & they thought it looked cool & outlaw & badass & southern-pride & tough? That they were willing to trigger NPCs who would accuse them of racism-- in exchange for the cool-points that come with looking uncompromising & rebellious.

The reason I'm bothering to type all-this... is what-else is Phil Anselmo supposed-to do? Just change his mind to hold the correct ideas? Feign agreeing with what he's Supposed To think? Shrivel up & die because he has become unemployable?

I don't think it's possible to ban, sanction, censure, de-platform Phil Anselmo-- for being a low-average-IQ guy who occasionally expresses his half-baked & wrong-headed thoughts... without creating a precedent which wipes out a majority of people from doing business freely. Phil's unfashionable bigotry isn't worse than Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, or the Cambridge professors who rejected Jordan Peterson, or Trevor Noah, or the cunts on The View, or or or. Or me.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Shitfuckpiss - our 17-year-old Honda CR-V which we hoped would be good for another 10-years/150K miles just died with a fucked engine. Looks like we get to drop $35K on a replacement.
That's a nifty vehicle -- I used to drive my old GF's one. Not sure I like the looks of the new one.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

My '88 Silverado one-ton, 454 four-on-the-floor, 97K mi, has so many non-engine issues (photo posted here not too long ago), I decided to get a replacement, and snagged this beauty on Thursday:
Black Beauty.jpg
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 355 times
Need to de-pimp it by removing the tinting and swapping out the wigger wheels, but it's a '97 Ram 1/2 ton, 5.9L V8, only 155K mi, and I got it for a song. Should make a decent work truck.

I'm keeping the old beast as a ranch truck and now with, in various states of operational status, I've got two truck, two cars, two log splitters, three generators, and about seven chain saws, I'm well on my way to "Junkyard Jerry" status.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: I'm driving an M5 at the moment (got it second-hand, no way I'd buy a new one) and the running/service costs are nasty. Still, it's an absolute joy to drive, eats the miles with ease and is a beautiful symphony of German over-engineering.
FTFY. I hear used Scorpions can be had cheap.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Shitfuckpiss - our 17-year-old Honda CR-V which we hoped would be good for another 10-years/150K miles just died with a fucked engine. Looks like we get to drop $35K on a replacement.
That's a nifty vehicle -- I used to drive my old GF's one. Not sure I like the looks of the new one.
Agree - the looks are a little angular, but after you've had it a few days, you don't look at the outside :-)

Our other car is a '92 Civic, which runs fine. In another three years we can designate it as a collector's vehicle, and pay no license fees!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

It must be a trend. I just bought a 2011 Ford Escape on Tuesday. Hopefully It will hold out for 10 years or so by which time the salt laden winds will likely have rusted it out.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: It must be a trend. I just bought a 2011 Ford Escape on Tuesday. Hopefully It will hold out for 10 years or so by which time the salt laden winds will likely have rusted it out.
A bunch of old white men talking about old cars. O, the Toxic Masculinity!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: ... after you've had it a few days, you don't look at the outside :-)
True. I've been fapping like mad to my new truck, but soon I'll be back to J Law.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

AndrewV69 wrote: I feel your pain. I just junked a 19 yr old Integra. Probably going to do the same to the 18 yr old Sonata in a year or so.
I've got a 14 y/o RSX still going strong. Great to drive and no bells and whistles. The only drawback is when I get surrounded by SUVs on the highway and can't see anything. I dread the day I have to replace it. Maybe I'll go with a Z4.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: It must be a trend. I just bought a 2011 Ford Escape on Tuesday. Hopefully It will hold out for 10 years or so by which time the salt laden winds will likely have rusted it out.
A bunch of old white men talking about old cars. O, the Toxic Masculinity!
It seems also like we mostly belong to the drive 'em till the wheels fall off club. The car I replaced was a 1998 Mercury beater that I was worried whether it would make it to the dealership.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
How about an HR-V selfie edition:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Talking of old cars, my 1991 Miata costs me next to nothing obligatory, only the doodads I want to put on her. Like the replacement instrument cluster I'm trying to squeeze out of KG Works in Japan:
Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 3.12.20 PM.png
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 325 times
The faceted instrument lights are orgasmic to someone who grew up on the atrocities of BMC. Just like a Morris Minor or Riley 1.5.

On the other hand, my 2010 Ford Expedition is costing ~3k per year in major repairs, and if I'm here to do it I'll probably substitute a Subaru Crosstrek before its next safety check (like an MoT) in 2021. Half the price, 8.7" ground clearance (which is what makes AWD or 4WD any good in deep snow) and I get Apple Carplay, and still can have a manual gearbox, which I strongly prefer. It all depends on the nodes, which seem to be growing.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

A 2010 Ford Expedition is fine.

So is a Toyota Corolla.

And a BMW 5 series.

But you can't beat a used Sherman with only 45,000 on the clock, one owner, original tracks.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote: Talking of old cars, my 1991 Miata costs me next to nothing obligatory, only the doodads I want to put on her. Like the replacement instrument cluster I'm trying to squeeze out of KG Works in Japan:

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 3.12.20 PM.png

The faceted instrument lights are orgasmic to someone who grew up on the atrocities of BMC. Just like a Morris Minor or Riley 1.5.

On the other hand, my 2010 Ford Expedition is costing ~3k per year in major repairs, and if I'm here to do it I'll probably substitute a Subaru Crosstrek before its next safety check (like an MoT) in 2021. Half the price, 8.7" ground clearance (which is what makes AWD or 4WD any good in deep snow) and I get Apple Carplay, and still can have a manual gearbox, which I strongly prefer. It all depends on the nodes, which seem to be growing.
I had one of the very first MX-5s (==Miata) imported into the UK, at the time when there was an 18-month waiting list. I used to find notes under the wiper about once a week offering me UKL25-30K in cash for it (over twice the MSRP). It was the only car I ever owned that increased in value when I drove it off the lot. I loved driving that car, I used to have the biggest grin ever. Keep the revs between 3750 and 4750, and it was sweet as a not. Combined with the fabulous rorty note from the tailpipe, it was a real head turner, and had I been more attractive and single, probably a great knicker loosener too.

free thoughtpolice

My old ride at :30

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I see a lot of vehicle privilege here.
I gave up my car 3 years ago, with the idea that the wife and I would share her car. The problem is, she doesn’t share well, so I walk everywhere. Which is fine, since it burns off the donuts. It is tough to lug 30 lbs of groceries a mile though.

I do get the car on Friday mornings though, so I can go to Costco. And at least I qualify for senior rapid transit now. $1 a ride.

I’m greener than AOC. Yippee!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

2003 Chevy Malibu here. Which - I've been informed at my recent maintenance check-up - has a problem with oil getting into the coolant, apparently a "fatal flaw" of the breed, which will require some $4 K to fix, and which doesn't seem at all justified. Curious though how that can happen, and why there wouldn't also be coolant in the oil - which was also on the low side.

But since I'm reluctant to buy more than a couple of green bananas at a time - "check-out time" coming up fast on the horizon - I'm certainly reluctant to shell out $10 to $20 K for new or recent model replacement. That and all the guys here - no gals talking about monster-truck rallies? - talking about their own tales of woe led to a bit of a nightmare last night on having to fork out serious cash. Apropos of which, seems many others get to dream of "weird make-out" sessions:

There otta be a law ...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Good article on US immigration by David Frum:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ch/583252/

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Steersman wrote: 2003 Chevy Malibu here. Which - I've been informed at my recent maintenance check-up - has a problem with oil getting into the coolant, apparently a "fatal flaw" of the breed, which will require some $4 K to fix, and which doesn't seem at all justified. Curious though how that can happen, and why there wouldn't also be coolant in the oil - which was also on the low side.
Not being personal here, but it sounds like you need a new head gasket.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: True. I've been fapping like mad to my new truck, but soon I'll be back to J Law.
This might help...
J Law.jpg
(17.08 KiB) Downloaded 302 times

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
Steersman wrote: 2003 Chevy Malibu here. Which - I've been informed at my recent maintenance check-up - has a problem with oil getting into the coolant, apparently a "fatal flaw" of the breed, which will require some $4 K to fix, and which doesn't seem at all justified. Curious though how that can happen, and why there wouldn't also be coolant in the oil - which was also on the low side.
Not being personal here, but it sounds like you need a new head gasket.
Will that help with BPH?

(A piss poor problem, although not as problematic as returning nodes. Best.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:27 pm
Good article on US immigration by David Frum:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ch/583252/
His bottom line? Quality over quantity.
Second, immigration contributes very little to making native-born Americans richer than they would otherwise be.
Third, the gains from immigration are divided very unequally. Immigrants reap most of them. Wealthy Americans claim much of the rest, in the form of the lower prices they pay for immigrant-produced services. Low-income Americans receive comparatively little benefit, and may well be made worse off, depending on who’s counting and what method they use.
Yet the true bottom line is this: Neither the fiscal costs nor the economic benefits of immigration are large enough to force a decision one way or the other. Accept the most negative estimate of immigration’s dollar costs, and the United States could still afford a lot of immigration. Believe the most positive reckoning of the dollar benefits that mass immigration provides, and they are not so large that the United States would be crazy to refuse them.

For good or ill, immigration’s most important effects are social and cultural, not economic. What are these effects, then? Some are good, some are bad, and some depend on the eye of the beholder.
Despite the pitch, He didn’t really address issues of social cohesion.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: A bunch of old white men talking about old cars. O, the Toxic Masculinity!
You're only as old as the woman you're currently feeling.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DlseJvmiako/hqdefault.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Stocks limited. Order now.

http://i.imgur.com/lmYm8Qc.jpg

free thoughtpolice

spring. I love it
SAM_5228 (2).JPG
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 271 times

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

free thoughtpolice wrote: spring. I love it
SAM_5228 (2).JPG
Spring? It's autumn here and 35C.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I know, it’s crazy.

Sydney is a bit better.

http://i.imgur.com/jSxuM2t.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SAM_5228 (2).JPG
If that’s your beach, no wonder you are cranky. :mrgreen: :)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Faith definitely carried it off better than this old dish cloth.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Here's my contribution to car talk: Last car I bought was a 2002 Camry, 93k miles in one of those cities on the San Francisco peninsula, can't remember which. Now, the Toy Camry is just about the most vanilla, boring as fuck car as you can get, but I got this one for $5700, which is below blue book. This was not my type of car, but it was about as beautiful as a Camry can get, shiny salsa red, loaded with options. Basically it's a mid-sized luxury sedan, and I had never owned one before, so you can imagine what it felt like with the white leather, heated, power seats, etc. It looked like it had just driven out of a showroom. These people were the type that bought new cars every ten years, hell or high water, and they were already a couple years overdue. If any of you know the Bay Area, you'll know that used Toyotas are totally overpriced, and by the time you beat your way to the door, there are already ten people there before you. This time I lucked out and was the first in line.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote:
SAM_5228 (2).JPG
Spring? It's autumn here and 35C.
I'm currently sat in full thermal underwear (long-johns, vest and socks - very attractive ensemble), jeans & t-shirt and I've got a thermal-lined hoodie on as an outer layer. I also have a quilt wrapped around by upper body.

My heating, gas central, is cranked all the way to max but I'm still freezing my nuts off. The killer is, the long-haired general is home in under an hour and she'll turn the heating down ("it's too "stuffy" in here!") and the temp will drop even lower. I tell ya, it's just as well I'm hard as fucking nails or I'd be tempted to complain...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

So we have had:
+ One Two minute national silence
+ Muslim call to prayer in Parliament
+ Muslim call to prayer across national state media
+ Police wearing headscarves
+ The PM in a headscarf reciting the Koran
+ National wear a headscarf day
+ Mass memorials
+ Immediate banning of semi auto weapons
+ Lock down of the Internet in New Zealand and Australia
+ Arrest of an 18 yo NZer for accessing / distributing freely available internet content
+ Arrest of an Australian for expressing unacceptable POV over the ‘incident’
+ Banning of J. Peterson books
+ PM hugging random Australian Muslim activists
+ Monumental light shows in the mid-east

Now for stage two ....
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced a service will be held in Christchurch on Friday, two weeks after 50 people lost their lives at the city's Masjid al Noor and Linwood Masjid.

"In the week since the unprecedented terror attack there has been an outpouring of grief and love in our country," she said.
"The service will be a chance to once again show that New Zealanders are compassionate, inclusive and diverse, and that we will protect those values."

It's expected to be followed by worshippers returning to Friday prayers inside the two mosques for the first time since the March 15 attacks.

Foreign dignitaries have already attended to pay their respects, including delegations from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Jordan's Crown Prince El Hassan bin Talal, who prayed at al Noor on Saturday. More are expected at the service, including a representative of the British royal family - rumoured to be Prince William - who has visited the city several times, including after the 2011 earthquake.
A literal royal cavalcade.

Then there was Manchester.
Domestic responses

On 23 May 2017, Queen Elizabeth II and the British royal family held a minute of silence at a Buckingham Palace garden party in honour of the victims of the bombing. Following a minute of silence in St Anne's Square, a cry of "Rock on, Manchester" elicited applause and a spontaneous rendition of Oasis's "Don't Look Back in Anger" by the crowd.

Prime Minister Theresa May called the incident an "appalling terrorist attack" and chaired a meeting of COBRA the next morning, while Queen Elizabeth II expressed her "deepest sympathy" to those affected by this "dreadful event". Visiting the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, the Queen said "It's dreadful, very wicked to target that sort of thing." Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn called it a "terrible incident", stating that his "thoughts are with all those affected and our brilliant emergency services". Campaigning for the general election was suspended by all political parties, and largely remained on hold until 26 May.

The Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, called the incident "an evil act". Burnham paid tribute to locals and businesses who had supported the victims. He later announced a vigil to be held in Albert Square the following evening. The morning after the attack, London's mayor Sadiq Khan stated that the capital "stands united with the great city of Manchester today", and later stated that "Londoners will see more police on our streets today".

franc

Post by franc »

Dean Esmay still wants to challenge peezee for most idiotic dick title -

https://i.imgur.com/z7h8XI4.jpg

franc

Post by franc »

If anyone follows AFL, fuck you. Another of today's idiots -

https://i.imgur.com/k8Fr8r7.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

franc wrote: If anyone follows AFL, fuck you. Another of today's idiots -

Yeah, but the Reds won. So knobs a dunkin.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Fresh from her kitten stealing free lunch in Maui, Becky's reminiscing about her ecstasy induced raped and abused student past.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Do muslims want the Christchurch shooting video scrubbed from the internet?

Do they see access to the video as increasing/ or decreasing-- support for their community?

Are the NZ politicians and social media giants-- who seek to suppress the footage-- acting in the best interest of the actual shooting victims, or are they motivated by other agendas... such as managing their own national & corporate PR?

These questions came to mind as I read about the father-- of a reporter shot live-on-camera by a colleague. The father has unsuccessfully campaigned against YouTube for 4 years-- seeking for the murder video to be removed from YouTube.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/23/father-of ... -from-web/

Why hasn't YouTube removed that video? Do they see it as useful propaganda for some agenda they support, such as gun control? Perhaps the victims being a television station & news department-- are a relevant factor-- tilting the balance in-favor of 'this should be reported as news' rather-than 'this should be removed from view'.

==
A weird tangent on this story-- is that the shooter was a black, gay guy who alleged racist & homophobic discrimination by his co-workers at the TV station... and he claimed that his shooting was revenge for Dylan Roof's shooting spree in a Black church. He also claimed to be inspired by the Columbine school shooting & the Virginia Tech shooter.

==
The father subsequently ran for political office on gun control platform, but was not elected.
==

Wikipedia has a good summary of Media Criticism of censorious reactions to the shooting, including unrelated fictional television shows & a rock-band's promo video-- which were suppressed for being 'similar' to the shooting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_o ... a_response

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: True. I've been fapping like mad to my new truck, but soon I'll be back to J Law.
This might help...

J Law.jpg
Definitely did not help.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: Do muslims want the Christchurch shooting video scrubbed from the internet?

Do they see access to the video as increasing/ or decreasing-- support for their community?

Are the NZ politicians and social media giants-- who seek to suppress the footage-- acting in the best interest of the actual shooting victims, or are they motivated by other agendas... such as managing their own national & corporate PR?

These questions came to mind as I read about the father-- of a reporter shot live-on-camera by a colleague. The father has unsuccessfully campaigned against YouTube for 4 years-- seeking for the murder video to be removed from YouTube.

Why hasn't YouTube removed that video? Do they see it as useful propaganda for some agenda they support, such as gun control? Perhaps the victims being a television station & news department-- are a relevant factor-- tilting the balance in-favor of 'this should be reported as news' rather-than 'this should be removed from view'.

==
A weird tangent on this story-- is that the shooter was a black, gay guy who alleged racist & homophobic discrimination by his co-workers at the TV station... and he claimed that his shooting was revenge for Dylan Roof's shooting spree in a Black church. He also claimed to be inspired by the Columbine school shooting & the Virginia Tech shooter.

==
The father subsequently ran for political office on gun control platform, but was not elected.
==

Wikipedia has a good summary of Media Criticism of censorious reactions to the shooting, including unrelated fictional television shows & a rock-band's promo video-- which were suppressed for being 'similar' to the shooting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_o ... a_response
Since you brought up the subject, then I'm sure that someone would be sure to rise to the occasion - so it might as well be me.

The reaction on the part of the NZ population - is consistent with the national character. Uncharitably, it could be described as 'cuckery' but they like to be seen as nice people (and for the most part genuinely are). Which explains their compassion - and the head scarves for all attitude. On the other hand - there is a degree of conformity expected - so that the place can seem a bit small - which is why they all head off overseas at some point (in the big OE [Overseas Experience] - their cultural equivalent of rumspringa. There is a social cost to going against the consensus - and not everyone is prepared to double down and be considered an arsehole.

So there might be a virtuous / vicious circle (or just an adjectiveless one) with the feed back to the general population from their political and media class betters. In other words they are happy to walk willingly into a brave new and censorious world.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Guest Robin Aitken confirms the common perception of the BBC. As suspected, the BBC writes the script then goes out to illustrate it. Do these people not pause occasionally and ask themselves what gives them the right to bet the future of the country on their own beliefs? Do they not have the slightest doubt in their belief in large-scale social engineering? Do they not understand that in a democracy the public has the right to choose the path taken by the country?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aucDmK5 ... jreload=10

Rod Liddle interviewed here has a bitch about the social justice sermonising in Dr Who. Couldn't agree more. I'm finding it harder and harder to find series that I can stomach. I really liked The Magicians until Margo's pussy power rhetoric started to grate and the final straw was Penny telling a white guy he didn't understand his privilege.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzJh3py3fJE

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:44 am

Crucially, north Americans are more likely to experience the cold kiss of toilet water because their toilets are not like European toilets. Large pools of water just below one's hanging parts make for a pretty easy goal compared to the little puddle of water way down in the bottom of a British bog. I call that cheating.

Possibly less important to anyone, I spent the afternoon rewiring the SME/Ayre/Quad phono/Quad pre/Quad power/Quad electrostatic system. The Boss finds herself incapable of tolerating a single track of Supertramp. So in went the Musical Fidelity headphone amp, the Sennheiser HD650's and with some difficulty, the various female to male connectors that let me have mono in my right ear alone (not having a left ear at all thanks to childhood streptomycin). Now I can smile benignly at anyone whilst not hearing them and still enjoying then joys of Supertramp. I see trouble ahead. All will come right when I tell her about the nodes.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Do muslims want the Christchurch shooting video scrubbed from the internet?

==

==
==

Since you brought up the subject, then I'm sure that someone would be sure to rise to the occasion - so it might as well be me.

The reaction on the part of the NZ population - is consistent with the national character. Uncharitably, it could be described as 'cuckery' but they like to be seen as nice people (and for the most part genuinely are). Which explains their compassion - and the head scarves for all attitude. On the other hand - there is a degree of conformity expected - so that the place can seem a bit small - which is why they all head off overseas at some point (in the big OE [Overseas Experience] - their cultural equivalent of rumspringa. There is a social cost to going against the consensus - and not everyone is prepared to double down and be considered an arsehole.

So there might be a virtuous / vicious circle (or just an adjectiveless one) with the feed back to the general population from their political and media class betters. In other words they are happy to walk willingly into a brave new and censorious world.
That’s just as well. Because on Saturday the NZ “Chief Censor” banned the manifesto (in addition to the video which was already verboten). 10-14 years if you are caught with it. Researchers and Media can apply for a licence to view the material.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/ch ... 5175n.html

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Guest Robin Aitken confirms the common perception of the BBC. As suspected, the BBC writes the script then goes out to illustrate it. Do these people not pause occasionally and ask themselves what gives them the right to bet the future of the country on their own beliefs? Do they not have the slightest doubt in their belief in large-scale social engineering? Do they not understand that in a democracy the public has the right to choose the path taken by the country?
youtube.com/watch?v=aucDmK5E4bU&pbjreload=10

Rod Liddle interviewed here has a bitch about the social justice sermonising in Dr Who. Couldn't agree more. I'm finding it harder and harder to find series that I can stomach. I really liked The Magicians until Margo's pussy power rhetoric started to grate and the final straw was Penny telling a white guy he didn't understand his privilege.
youtube.com/watch?v=zzJh3py3fJE
I haven't paid for a TV licence for coming up to two years now. I get a letter on average every other month telling me they are going to investigate as to why there is no TV licence registered to my address, the letter is written in such a way to try and instil some fear so that you pay up. Then after awhile they will send a letter informing you of a visit by one of Their Agents. What they mean is a bloke employed by a private company to come round and try to intimidate you, they even tell you what date they will come. Most of the time they never turn up. The two times they have caught me in I just told them I am under no legal obligation to answer any on their questions, bid them a good day and shut the door, nothing they can do.
The whole licensing thing is rotten to the core, a stealth tax.Stop fucking paying it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:44 am

Crucially, north Americans are more likely to experience the cold kiss of toilet water because their toilets are not like European toilets. Large pools of water just below one's hanging parts make for a pretty easy goal compared to the little puddle of water way down in the bottom of a British bog. I call that cheating.

Possibly less important to anyone, I spent the afternoon rewiring the SME/Ayre/Quad phono/Quad pre/Quad power/Quad electrostatic system. The Boss finds herself incapable of tolerating a single track of Supertramp. So in went the Musical Fidelity headphone amp, the Sennheiser HD650's and with some difficulty, the various female to male connectors that let me have mono in my right ear alone (not having a left ear at all thanks to childhood streptomycin). Now I can smile benignly at anyone whilst not hearing them and still enjoying then joys of Supertramp. I see trouble ahead. All will come right when I tell her about the nodes.
Well, clearly you're nothing but a dreamer.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Also, how about the German shelf toilet. You could dip you dick in shit instead of water.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=shelf+toilet+ ... &ia=images

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Guest Robin Aitken confirms the common perception of the BBC. As suspected, the BBC writes the script then goes out to illustrate it. Do these people not pause occasionally and ask themselves what gives them the right to bet the future of the country on their own beliefs? Do they not have the slightest doubt in their belief in large-scale social engineering? Do they not understand that in a democracy the public has the right to choose the path taken by the country?
youtube.com/watch?v=aucDmK5E4bU&pbjreload=10

youtube.com/watch?v=zzJh3py3fJE
I haven't paid for a TV licence for coming up to two years now. I get a letter on average every other month telling me they are going to investigate as to why there is no TV licence registered to my address, the letter is written in such a way to try and instil some fear so that you pay up. Then after awhile they will send a letter informing you of a visit by one of Their Agents. What they mean is a bloke employed by a private company to come round and try to intimidate you, they even tell you what date they will come. Most of the time they never turn up. The two times they have caught me in I just told them I am under no legal obligation to answer any on their questions, bid them a good day and shut the door, nothing they can do.
The whole licensing thing is rotten to the core, a stealth tax.Stop fucking paying it.
Lots of videos on you tube. Search for TV goon. I had no license for the whole of 2000 to 2002, and only ever got letters. I guess the gummint started trying to extort people after I left for the US. Never going back to live there. Just put my house on the market. On the plus side, our solar panels have just passed 2 MWh of generation. For that, WA state is going to cut me a cheque for $320.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Good Morning, Have A Great Day!