The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Old subthreads
shoutinghorse

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Post by shoutinghorse »

Just four months after his wife passed away, RIP Sgt Shutup

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote:
Ms O'Dwyer, who is also the Minister for Women
She's my sister's Minister. Apparently she's pretty incompetent. Michaelia Cash, on the other hand, is an impressive woman.
Well, she's everyone's sister's Minister, isn't she?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:53 am
Dammit!

GBNF. :(
Had a teacher at secondary school who said he did his national Service with him (Davies also had been a teacher at one point)
" A quiet man" was his description of WD.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Had a teacher at secondary school who said he did his national Service with him (Davies also had been a teacher at one point)
Maybe the BSM Williams character was an outlet for Davies? A chance to scream and rage that he'd previously denied himself?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I remember Jane Caro got some praise, either here, or from people like us, about 7-8 years ago.

However, 7-8 years is a long time in cyberspace, and a lot of people have caught teh crazy.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

This is doing the rounds....
The MAGA guy seems a bit of a jerk, but come on, this is way less confrontational than when the likes of Antifa or the FemiNazis turn up to protest.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Bhurzum wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Had a teacher at secondary school who said he did his national Service with him (Davies also had been a teacher at one point)
Maybe the BSM Williams character was an outlet for Davies? A chance to scream and rage that he'd previously denied himself?
Nah, he was just acting and found he got a laugh doing it. It's what they do.
Battery Sergeant Major Williams was originally written as a Londoner and lined up for Rising Damp star Leonard Rossiter. But thankfully it was re-written for Davies as a Welshman - who made the part very much his own, even adding his own "lovely boys" catchphrase.

"David Croft and Jimmy Perry had auditioned a number of people and they were fed up with some of them telling them how to play the sergeant major," said Davies about his call to read for the role.

"I did my old Cockney bit but they said, 'hang on a minute, you're a Welshman - do it as a Welshman' and I remember thinking about a bloke I knew from the south Wales valleys, who talked this certain way, and they laughed and when I got home, my agent had called to say they wanted me.

"I thought, it's a series! Which was lovely, with me having a wife and five children."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-38497286

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
I remember Jane Caro got some praise, either here, or from people like us, about 7-8 years ago.

However, 7-8 years is a long time in cyberspace, and a lot of people have caught teh crazy.
I must admit, I'm struggling to find flaw with her logic.

1) Not all men are toxic - seems pretty straight forward.
2) All women are afraid - the "all" is questionable but appears to be a reasonable response to todays world.
3) We can't tell just by looking - again, seems pretty straight forward.
4) The wrong guess could be fatal - undeniable although at this point statistics enter the fray.

When taken as a whole, it paints the picture of a paranoid individual who is prisoner to her own fear(s). However, it's understandable why she thinks the way she does.

I'm reminded of a quote (which I'll butcher/mis-quote) by Bret Easton Ellis on the subject of Patrick Bateman:

"Bateman was created to scare and horrify the reader - not by the grisly and vile acts he commits but by the cold, hard fact that he blends in perfectly. We can and do rub shoulders with Bateman each and every day."

Then again, I'm an idiot... :P