Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
John D

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by John D »

Oh shit.... My wife, daughter, and I were watching old TV shows on cable and this episode of "Sanford and Son" came on. Haha. I almost can't believe this was on live prime time TV in the 70s. Shit..... we laughed and laughed. My 25 year old daughter was almost stupefied. Shit was funny. No wonder I don't laugh at TV shows anymore. I have to go back to the 1970s to find any real jokes.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am
Steersman wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Am I the only one experiencing nauseousness over the Bush coverage?
Nope. This burgeoning tendency to fetishize things in the US is disgusting.
Too many boosters, too few knockers ...
The booster's enthusiasm is the motive force which builds up our American cities. Granted. But the hated knocker's jibes are the check necessary to guide that force. In summary then, we do not wish to knock the booster, but we certainly do wish to boost the knocker. [Sinclair Lewis, 1908]
I am a fan of boosting the knockers:
cleavage.PNG
screenshot-www.google.ca-2018.12.04-12-31-52.png
(28.07 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
:o :o :o

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I'm absolutely at a loss as to where my country goes politically now, we're surely in for a Trotskyite/Leninist Labour government next which will be an utter disaster, the only saving grace some say is that it will probably be a hung parliament so their policies will be tempered, the trouble with that is any deal they do with another party would most likely be the Wee Jimmy Sturgeon's Scots Nats (SNP) :doh:

How she stays on as PM now is a bewildering but somehow I think she will, the Conservative parliamentary party seem totally unwilling in removing her, she should have gone back in July when she announced her Chequers plan. They (Tory MP's) have shown utter weakness in sacking the worst Prime Minister this country has had in living memory.

Also today, Nigel Farage finally spat his dummy out and quit UKIP over leader Gerard Batten's association with Tommy Robinson.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: Oh shit.... My wife, daughter, and I were watching old TV shows on cable and this episode of "Sanford and Son" came on. Haha. I almost can't believe this was on live prime time TV in the 70s. Shit..... we laughed and laughed. My 25 year old daughter was almost stupefied. Shit was funny. No wonder I don't laugh at TV shows anymore. I have to go back to the 1970s to find any real jokes.

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HQiqvwQ5Xk
Did someone say "N-C Hypothesis"? ... ;-)

Apropos of which you might be interested in some of the following, particularly the Chris Rock video I've linked:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I for one am delighted at the return of the Steers-nigger hypothesis

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Sulman wrote: I for one am delighted at the return of the Steers-nigger hypothesis
:D 8-)

[Check's in the mail ... ;-) ]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote:
Sulman wrote: I for one am delighted at the return of the Steers-nigger hypothesis

You are both cunts.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Oh, man, Brexit. I have read that what was made as an economic argument became a referendum on untrammelled immigration, and if that’s true, the economic price to be paid might be seen as worthwhile by the leave voters. Being, these days, an outsider looking in, I don’t see what the huge dissatisfaction is with May’s deal - customs union, open borders for business (including Ulster/Eire), Gibraltar protected, but none of those nice polite Poles coming to do the jobs that Estuary Man has decided are beneath him (yeah, I know, it’s not the Poles that made people vote that way; this was a referendum on the politics of Rotherham). But it seems May is fucked, and by her own party, who still don’t feel they belong in any degree in Europe. “Fog on Channel, continent cut off” was the headline that sums up that mindset. As far as I can see, the rejection of her deal is inevitable, and at one time would have led to the fall of her government. In these times, I guess she won’t do the honourable thing, and will then try for a second referendum. I would like to assume the outcome of that would be obvious, but I thought that was true for the 2016 referendum. Leaving with no deal is a typical “cut off your nose to spite your face” kind of thing (an “archer’s salute” to Europe for the modern era), and will be economically hard (I was amused to see the head of the Bank of England described as “a failed second-rate Canadian politician” in order to belittle his rather conservative assessment of how bad it would be to have no deal, which was around 2-3X worse than the “Great Recession”). But if a general election ensues, and Labour wins, you will have that and Corbyn’s idiocy on top. I don’t believe he has uttered any kind of position on how we should leave, simply choosing to play politics over it all. If political theory means anything, he ought not to want to leave at all, but one gets the feeling he hasn’t done any of this before and has no idea what he will do. Perhaps he has a committee of disabled transgender Trotskyite lesbians who will advise him.

My guess is that May’s deal will fail, somebody -her or her replacement - will order a second referendum, and the remainders will win this time. Europe will not forgive the UK for the drama and the “long story of our island nation” will finally be subsumed into the morass of Brussels bureaucratic rationalism, never to be seen again.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: How she stays on as PM now is a bewildering but somehow I think she will, the Conservative parliamentary party seem totally unwilling in removing her, she should have gone back in July when she announced her Chequers plan. They (Tory MP's) have shown utter weakness in sacking the worst Prime Minister this country has had in living memory.
She should have gone after the last GE, when she ran such a doggedly stupid campaign that she utterly slashed the tory majority and came within a whisker of handing the keys to No 10 to a harebrained old trot who'd offer us a cabinet comprising a tankie chancellor and...Dianne Abbott.
Also today, Nigel Farage finally spat his dummy out and quit UKIP over leader Gerard Batten's association with Tommy Robinson.

Good on him. If people want some anti-islam jollies, they can vote For Britain. Now more than ever, UKIP should be about the abject shittery of the present Brexit shenanigans, not fartarsing about with Tommy Robinson.

Besides, didn't the UKIP membership have a leadership contest where one candidate, Ann Marie Waters, was riding on the anti-islam ticket, and she failed in her bid (and went on to form For Britain)? Looks to me like the UKIP rank and file already made their minds up, and figured islam was very much a lesser concern.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:
Steersman wrote:

You are both cunts.
Pharyngula_SallyStrange_Cunts.jpg
(66.07 KiB) Downloaded 592 times
;-)

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula ... it-sounds/

But I wonder whatever happened to old Sally - "Strange" but I don't recollect any reference to any further comments from her at Pharyngula ...

Though I certainly think that that response of hers is the more rational and credible one - not to belabor the NCH (much), but it certainly helps to understand context and scope.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

screwtape wrote: My guess is that May’s deal will fail, somebody -her or her replacement - will order a second referendum, and the remainders will win this time. Europe will not forgive the UK for the drama and the “long story of our island nation” will finally be subsumed into the morass of Brussels bureaucratic rationalism, never to be seen again.
The deal will fail alright and a 2nd ref is probably on the cards long term (I refuse to call it a Peoples Vote :x ) What I suspect will happen is that article 50 will be suspended and the whole process will be kicked down the road with a pretence that the negotiations will continue, in reality the EU will dig in and insist on a 2nd referendum which will be heavily rigged in favour of a remain vote. It's classic EU tactics, just look at previous referendums in Ireland, France and the Netherlands for example, keep voting until we get the answer we want.

Your point that it was a referendum on the politics of Rotherham I think is wrong, Muslim rape gangs had no part to play in leave voters decision. Too much is focussed on the immigration issue, most people, the large majority of Brits are fine with people coming here but it is the scale of immigration over such a small amount of time and with no let up in sight and no control over it, an open door policy. people can see that we are struggling to cope with mass migration, it's affecting peoples lives, especially the working class. That was/is the motivation behind it, peoples lives were being changed and they had no say in whether they wanted it. This concern over mass migration has been shamefully portrayed by many in the remain camp as a hatred for foreigners with a jingoistic/racist element laying behind peoples decision to vote leave, this has also been shamefully perpetrated by elements of the media.

We've had forty years of watching the EU morph into this undemocratic cabal of plutocrats with an ever increasing decline in the UK's ability to determine it's own future. Sovereignty was the big key in Brexit and it still is.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote: Good on him. If people want some anti-islam jollies, they can vote For Britain. Now more than ever, UKIP should be about the abject shittery of the present Brexit shenanigans, not fartarsing about with Tommy Robinson.

Besides, didn't the UKIP membership have a leadership contest where one candidate, Ann Marie Waters, was riding on the anti-islam ticket, and she failed in her bid (and went on to form For Britain)? Looks to me like the UKIP rank and file already made their minds up, and figured islam was very much a lesser concern.
I think you've been watching too much BBC/SKY news and reading too many Guardian articles mate. Anne Marie Waters was actually leading the UKIP leadership polls until Farage entered into a smear campaign against her and backed his chum Henry Bolton (who ironically had an actual racist trophy bimbo girlfriend) which turned the tide, he (Farage) called AMW & supporters Nazis who don't belong in the party.

And anyway, what the fuck is wrong with being Anti-Islamic'?

(Not far right but not far wrong)
https://www.forbritain.uk/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 pm
Big bouncing black boobs (both of them!)

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

John D wrote: Oh shit.... My wife, daughter, and I were watching old TV shows on cable and this episode of "Sanford and Son" came on. Haha. I almost can't believe this was on live prime time TV in the 70s. Shit..... we laughed and laughed. My 25 year old daughter was almost stupefied. Shit was funny. No wonder I don't laugh at TV shows anymore. I have to go back to the 1970s to find any real jokes.

Maybe your daughter was laughing, but you just couldn't hear her through the mouthfuls of fucking cake.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: I think you've been watching too much BBC/SKY news and reading too many Guardian articles mate. Anne Marie Waters was actually leading the UKIP leadership polls until Farage entered into a smear campaign against her and backed his chum Henry Bolton (who ironically had an actual racist trophy bimbo girlfriend) which turned the tide, he (Farage) called AMW & supporters Nazis who don't belong in the party.
And the rank and file accepted his take on it. So why the fuck Batten is bringing Robinson into it - whose brand, rightly or wrongly, is even more toxic than AMW's - is anyone's guess.
Personally speaking - nothing. But I'm sure there's plenty of Kippers who believe otherwise; hence why so many were willing to accept Nige's take on it as regards AMW and vote accordingly. It comes down to the fact that islam really shouldn't be a significant focus of UKIP right now, not with all this Brexit shit going on. But instead, what does Batten do? Not only bring the islam issue back up, but bring it up by means of having Tommy fucking Robinson around. Which means UKIP gets involved in yet another unseemly controversy just as the moment arrives when the party seriously needs some stability.

Looking over it, it's really not so much about islam and TR, more that UKIP is just incapable of getting its house in order. Almost as shambolic as the tories, really.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Ahh, Sally Strange. That's a blast from the past.

She made me think of Phawrongula and John Greg. Good old John.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote: It comes down to the fact that islam really shouldn't be a significant focus of UKIP right now, not with all this Brexit shit going on.
I will accept that as a valid point Tigzy, however it is UKIP who are organising this Sunday's pro Brexit march and rally through London, Farage has organised bugger all.

Incidently have you watched the Batten interview video? He actually addresses many of the points you make.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: I will accept that as a valid point Tigzy, however it is UKIP who are organising this Sunday's pro Brexit march and rally through London, Farage has organised bugger all.
Heh. A march. It'd be worthwile, I suppose, if marches were worth a little more than a fart in a high wind. Remember the millions who marched against the last Iraq war? Didn't do a lot of good, did it.

And Farage at least kept UKIP as a reasonably tight ship. Once he stepped down, the squabbles started. First there was that leggy MILF - I forget her name - who succeeded him as leader, only to quit after about a week. Then there was that UKIP MEP who punched another UKIP MEP unconscious in Brussels. And then there was saga of Bolton and the thot. And now Batten's brought Tommy Robinson into the mix. That's sure to return things to stability, because it's not like TR's one of those people who keeps getting embroiled in stupid shit, is it.

John D

Post by John D »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

Maybe your daughter was laughing, but you just couldn't hear her through the mouthfuls of fucking cake.
Ummm... okay :think:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tigzy wrote: And Farage at least kept UKIP as a reasonably tight ship. Once he stepped down, the squabbles started. First there was that leggy MILF - I forget her name - who succeeded him as leader, only to quit after about a week. Then there was that UKIP MEP who punched another UKIP MEP unconscious in Brussels. And then there was saga of Bolton and the thot. And now Batten's brought Tommy Robinson into the mix. That's sure to return things to stability, because it's not like TR's one of those people who keeps getting embroiled in stupid shit, is it.
Oh, and there was also that bald berk who was UKIP leader for a while. Can't remember his name - it was the one who wore the funny clothes. A general laughing stock who did or said something dumb, I dunno, and he had to go as well.

Have to admit, it's pretty ticky to keep track of UKIP's dumbassery, post Farage.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Steersman wrote:

But I wonder whatever happened to old Sally - "Strange" but I don't recollect any reference to any further comments from her at Pharyngula ...

Though I certainly think that that response of hers is the more rational and credible one - not to belabor the NCH (much), but it certainly helps to understand context and scope.
I could tell you what she's actually up to these days, but to do so would be unethical.

Couldn't tell you exactly how she left Twitter, though.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote:
Tigzy wrote: And Farage at least kept UKIP as a reasonably tight ship. Once he stepped down, the squabbles started. First there was that leggy MILF - I forget her name - who succeeded him as leader, only to quit after about a week. Then there was that UKIP MEP who punched another UKIP MEP unconscious in Brussels. And then there was saga of Bolton and the thot. And now Batten's brought Tommy Robinson into the mix. That's sure to return things to stability, because it's not like TR's one of those people who keeps getting embroiled in stupid shit, is it.
Oh, and there was also that bald berk who was UKIP leader for a while. Can't remember his name - it was the one who wore the funny clothes. A general laughing stock who did or said something dumb, I dunno, and he had to go as well.

Have to admit, it's pretty ticky to keep track of UKIP's dumbassery, post Farage.
So you're pretty fucking ignorant on the subject of UKIP then, oh well at least you're honest. ;)

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:01 pm
screwtape wrote: My guess is that May’s deal will fail, somebody -her or her replacement - will order a second referendum, and the remainders will win this time. Europe will not forgive the UK for the drama and the “long story of our island nation” will finally be subsumed into the morass of Brussels bureaucratic rationalism, never to be seen again.
The deal will fail alright and a 2nd ref is probably on the cards long term (I refuse to call it a Peoples Vote :x ) What I suspect will happen is that article 50 will be suspended and the whole process will be kicked down the road with a pretence that the negotiations will continue, in reality the EU will dig in and insist on a 2nd referendum which will be heavily rigged in favour of a remain vote. It's classic EU tactics, just look at previous referendums in Ireland, France and the Netherlands for example, keep voting until we get the answer we want.

Your point that it was a referendum on the politics of Rotherham I think is wrong, Muslim rape gangs had no part to play in leave voters decision. Too much is focussed on the immigration issue, most people, the large majority of Brits are fine with people coming here but it is the scale of immigration over such a small amount of time and with no let up in sight and no control over it, an open door policy. people can see that we are struggling to cope with mass migration, it's affecting peoples lives, especially the working class. That was/is the motivation behind it, peoples lives were being changed and they had no say in whether they wanted it. This concern over mass migration has been shamefully portrayed by many in the remain camp as a hatred for foreigners with a jingoistic/racist element laying behind peoples decision to vote leave, this has also been shamefully perpetrated by elements of the media.

We've had forty years of watching the EU morph into this undemocratic cabal of plutocrats with an ever increasing decline in the UK's ability to determine it's own future. Sovereignty was the big key in Brexit and it still is.
Sovereignty is now a dirty word. This UN migration compact thing which May has signed is distressing. It starts out as non-binding but will eventually become law as these things usually do. According to some it could make criticism of mass migration an offence in the EU. So we are coming to a situation where expressing an opinion over the erosion of national sovereignty and who one's taxes are spent on will be forbidden. Looks to me as if the corporate globalists are well on the way reducing us all to their playthings. My suspicion is that Brexit was more about a growing alarm at the rapid erosion of democratic freedoms. People want to feel that they are led by politicians who have their interests at heart, not the interests of EU corporatists and globalists who want to dissolve national borders and strip us of any distinct identity. TBH I think anyone with any sense is getting very alarmed.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Sovereignty is now a dirty word. This UN migration compact thing which May has signed is distressing. It starts out as non-binding but will eventually become law as these things usually do. According to some it could make criticism of mass migration an offence in the EU. So we are coming to a situation where expressing an opinion over the erosion of national sovereignty and who one's taxes are spent on will be forbidden. Looks to me as if the corporate globalists are well on the way reducing us all to their playthings. My suspicion is that Brexit was more about a growing alarm at the rapid erosion of democratic freedoms. People want to feel that they are led by politicians who have their interests at heart, not the interests of EU corporatists and globalists who want to dissolve national borders and strip us of any distinct identity. TBH I think anyone with any sense is getting very alarmed.
The only thing that you could hope for, I think, is that some of the Remain people actually wake up after seeing what the EU is doing here, and vote to leave in a second referendum. If not, I predict riots like the country has never seen. Perhaps they could import some of the Froggies from Paris to help?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Lsuoma wrote: The only thing that you could hope for, I think, is that some of the Remain people actually wake up after seeing what the EU is doing here, and vote to leave in a second referendum. If not, I predict riots like the country has never seen. Perhaps they could import some of the Froggies from Paris to help?
They won't need to import them; rioters will continue to enjoy free movement to riot wherever they want.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

German artists launch doxing campaign against far-right Chemnitz protesters

"Denounce your work colleagues, neighbors or acquaintances today and collect instant cash. Help us to remove these problem Germans from the economy and public office."

Ach, just like the good old days!

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

d4m10n wrote:
Steersman wrote:

I could tell you what she's actually up to these days, but to do so would be unethical.

This is vintage Damion, cheers :dance:

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 am
AndrewV69 wrote: Am I the only one experiencing nauseousness over the Bush coverage?
The Rude Pundit nails it:
So, yeah, sure, you can thank Bush for some things he did that genuinely made the nation kinder and gentler, like the Americans with Disabilities Act or his environmental record (putting aside, for obvious reasons, his years as a Texas oil man). But that's the way it's always been: no matter how shitty you think a president might be, he does a few things that you think aren't bad. It's like if you're fucking a porcupine's asshole, and, once every ten thrusts or so, you don't get a quill in your dick. At the end of the day, you're still fucking a porcupine's asshole. (Sure, it's consensual. The porcupine wanted it.)
https://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2018/12/dead-poppy.html

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

BoxNDox wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 am
The Rude Pundit nails it:
So, yeah, sure, you can thank Bush for some things he did that genuinely made the nation kinder and gentler, like the Americans with Disabilities Act or his environmental record (putting aside, for obvious reasons, his years as a Texas oil man). But that's the way it's always been: no matter how shitty you think a president might be, he does a few things that you think aren't bad. It's like if you're fucking a porcupine's asshole, and, once every ten thrusts or so, you don't get a quill in your dick. At the end of the day, you're still fucking a porcupine's asshole. (Sure, it's consensual. The porcupine wanted it.)
https://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2018/12/dead-poppy.html
What if the porcupine is long dead and you anally rape yourself with it?
Wouldn't that be violating the porcupine's consent?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: So you're pretty fucking ignorant on the subject of UKIP then, oh well at least you're honest. ;)
Well, the quality of the doofuses who followed in Farage's wake didn't exactly inspire me to learn more, that's for sure.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:16 am
AndrewV69 wrote:
snip

Regrets, I have had a few, but not as much as cow.
https://main-designyoutrust.netdna-ssl. ... 07/1-7.jpg
That cow was clearly raped. :bjarte:
She was probably fed a line of bull.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: HJ Hornbeck joins the call for justice.
We won't know for sure until the Baysian analysis results are in.
When was his Pit analysis published? I must have missed it in the excitement of reading all those :bjarte: cartoons.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Lsuoma wrote: The only thing that you could hope for, I think, is that some of the Remain people actually wake up after seeing what the EU is doing here, and vote to leave in a second referendum. If not, I predict riots like the country has never seen. Perhaps they could import some of the Froggies from Paris to help?
Not a chance. The population here is far too supine and complacent. If we didn't riot over Rotherham, we won't riot over this. Kudos to the French, at least they keep their government on its toes.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote: Oh, man, Brexit. I have read that what was made as an economic argument became a referendum on untrammelled immigration, and if that’s true, the economic price to be paid might be seen as worthwhile by the leave voters. Being, these days, an outsider looking in, I don’t see what the huge dissatisfaction is with May’s deal - customs union, open borders for business (including Ulster/Eire), Gibraltar protected, but none of those nice polite Poles coming to do the jobs that Estuary Man has decided are beneath him (yeah, I know, it’s not the Poles that made people vote that way; this was a referendum on the politics of Rotherham). But it seems May is fucked, and by her own party, who still don’t feel they belong in any degree in Europe. “Fog on Channel, continent cut off” was the headline that sums up that mindset. As far as I can see, the rejection of her deal is inevitable, and at one time would have led to the fall of her government. In these times, I guess she won’t do the honourable thing, and will then try for a second referendum. I would like to assume the outcome of that would be obvious, but I thought that was true for the 2016 referendum. Leaving with no deal is a typical “cut off your nose to spite your face” kind of thing (an “archer’s salute” to Europe for the modern era), and will be economically hard (I was amused to see the head of the Bank of England described as “a failed second-rate Canadian politician” in order to belittle his rather conservative assessment of how bad it would be to have no deal, which was around 2-3X worse than the “Great Recession”). But if a general election ensues, and Labour wins, you will have that and Corbyn’s idiocy on top. I don’t believe he has uttered any kind of position on how we should leave, simply choosing to play politics over it all. If political theory means anything, he ought not to want to leave at all, but one gets the feeling he hasn’t done any of this before and has no idea what he will do. Perhaps he has a committee of disabled transgender Trotskyite lesbians who will advise him.

My guess is that May’s deal will fail, somebody -her or her replacement - will order a second referendum, and the remainders will win this time. Europe will not forgive the UK for the drama and the “long story of our island nation” will finally be subsumed into the morass of Brussels bureaucratic rationalism, never to be seen again.
As a mere Colonial from a far flung outpost of the Empire, I look upon this Brexit thing with bemusement. The referendum from the get go was a fucked up piece of political appeasement, which then became a protest vote and surprised everybody, including the proponents of Brexit (who didn't have a plan for what to do). The criteria for a majority vote on something so critical to British economic policy wasn't established and became a 51:49 issue. Then Teresa May took the poisoned chalice and has tried to navigate her Government's way between all the flotsam, jetsam, and whirlpools without pleasing anyone. She (or anyone else) was never going to achieve anything that would see Britain better off in any way, shape, or form.

Call an election and include a proper referendum. Or start a war.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Declare war on Spain over Gibraltar.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote: Declare war on Spain over Gibraltar.
Could always try and reclaim Brittany for the Britons.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Today I got to listen to Dr Julia Baird for an hour at my daughter’s speech day.

Dr Baird ‘likes’ these tweets.

Most unpleasant.

Keating

Post by Keating »

The Drum is a pretty terrible talk show. It's my primary reason for supporting privatising the ABC.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Wife and Daughter had their lez-dar set off by the good doctor. She started strong and then slowly started spiraling down a deep hole.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I thought this was a pretty interesting interview:

An archive of the since removed article:
https://archive.is/RJCqO

A lot of people I thought were good, were celebrating the Twitter ban of Meghan Murphy. I remember her from my early days on the internet and was never a fan, but a Twitter ban for saying "men aren't women" is terrifying, not something to celebrate.

Anyway, the interviewee also wrote this:
https://quillette.com/2018/08/29/unpack ... -knapsack/

I think it raises a very thought provoking idea. This whole SocJus movement seems to have arisen by people who are trying to hide their class.
In other words, Peggy McIntosh was born into the very cream of America’s aristocratic elite, and has remained ensconced there ever since. Her ‘experiential’ list enumerating the ways in which she benefits from being born with white skin simply confuses racial privilege with the financial advantages she has always been fortunate enough to enjoy. Many of her points are demonstrably economic. One is left to wonder why, given her stated conviction that she has unfairly benefited from her skin color, there seems to be no record of her involvement in any charity or civil rights work. If she did take to the streets in support of some cause or other, she left no trace that I can see. Nor, as far as I can tell, has she spent any time teaching the underprivileged or working directly to better anyone’s condition but her own. Instead, she has contented herself with a generous six figure salary, and has not shown any particular eagerness to hand her position over to a more deserving person of color.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

d4m10n wrote:
Steersman wrote:

:-) Playing it close to the vest? Don't want to give franc any more ammunition? ... ;-)

Guest_5433a21c

Post by Guest_5433a21c »

A serious query for the ‘Pit: how is the activity of Social Justice and of Social Justice Warriors in Europe different to US SJWs?

In particular, the guilting, "reeeeeeing", doxing, and mobbing as exemplified by Peezus and his Horde?

Thanks!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Keating wrote: I thought this was a pretty interesting interview:

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqE13B_JAsU
An archive of the since removed article:
https://archive.is/RJCqO
Glad you managed to get an archive; had read it just the other day but now my link says "suspended" - kind of expected better of Medium. Certainly an "inflammatory" post, and I thought he was maybe a bit wide of the mark in his tweet about yaniv with the use of the hashtag #pedophilia, but still some very good points. As Murphy in particular has pointed out, transactivists include a rather remarkably thuggish cohort; some further cases in point:

A large part of the reason why I think it's critically important to emphasize, at every pass, that transwomen are most definitely NOT women - despite some problematic "collateral damage".
Keating wrote: A lot of people I thought were good, were celebrating the Twitter ban of Meghan Murphy. I remember her from my early days on the internet and was never a fan, but a Twitter ban for saying "men aren't women" is terrifying, not something to celebrate. ....
Indeed. Still hoping that Twitter will see the errors of their ways with Murphy and reinstate her, particularly given the chorus of complaints against them. But that is looking less and less likely.

Guest_5433a21c

Post by Guest_5433a21c »

John D wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:46 am
Human Trafficking is also a panic right now. Prosecutors, politicians, and cops have expanded the definition of "human trafficking" to include regular old pimps and whores. Sorry folks.... but this is old fashioned prostitution.... it is not "trafficking".
With the legalization of pot (which also leads to a decrease in opiod dependence), the law-enforcement industry (cops, prison guards, prosecutors pining to become US senators) need a new bogieman, and "human trafficking", unlike "terrorism", is more likely to target old white men, whilst "rescuing" WOCs (women of color) and GSMs (gender and sexuality minorities), often "systemically (and sympathetically!) oppressed" trans and/or gay people. It's a win-win, and lucrative for all except the sex workers.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Good on him. If people want some anti-islam jollies, they can vote For Britain. Now more than ever, UKIP should be about the abject shittery of the present Brexit shenanigans, not fartarsing about with Tommy Robinson.

I think you've been watching too much BBC/SKY news and reading too many Guardian articles mate. Anne Marie Waters was actually leading the UKIP leadership polls until Farage entered into a smear campaign against her and backed his chum Henry Bolton (who ironically had an actual racist trophy bimbo girlfriend) which turned the tide, he (Farage) called AMW & supporters Nazis who don't belong in the party.

Absolutely nothing at all, at least as far as I can see - Mecca, nukes, orbit, etc ... ;-) Hard not to see "anti-Islamic" as a mark of sanity.
shoutinghorse wrote: (Not far right but not far wrong)
https://www.forbritain.uk/
Indeed.

Now available on Amazon! :-) Seemed iffy when Waters first started promoting it with "Something or Other Publishing" several years ago, but glad to see they've finally published it, and that it has found a credible distributor.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Guest_5433a21c wrote: A serious query for the ‘Pit: how is the activity of Social Justice and of Social Justice Warriors in Europe different to US SJWs?

In particular, the guilting, "reeeeeeing", doxing, and mobbing as exemplified by Peezus and his Horde?

Thanks!
More garlic.

Guest_5433a21c

Post by Guest_5433a21c »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:29 am
Myers is turning into a pretzel to appease the crowd.
If we concede that by the Horde, Peezus is considered a "public intellectual", then he is clearly an "intellectual" of the American variety:
Stanley Elkins, in 1959, wrote: The intellectual without connections, chronically the case in America, finds himself in a fundamentally different position. Society normally asks little or nothing of him; a reform situation, on the other hand, seems to present him with a role. Yet even here the only pressures exerted on him involve the maintenance of a steady stream of new and exciting ideas; his only measurement of effect must be that of audience appeal; his principal question must continue to be, How many are listening? The pressures he does not feel are the concrete demands of an institution as such; he feels no direct responsibility for a clientele; he has, in short, no vested interest. The result for the intellectual is a situation of no limits. His reform thinking will tend to be erratic, emotional, compulsive, and abstract.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Today I got to listen to Dr Julia Baird for an hour at my daughter’s speech day.

Most unpleasant.

It's been done there was 'Maid Marion and her Merry Men' in the 80's. Sub-Blackadder children's comedy - with Tony Robinson and some daft bint.

Episodes available on Youtube if you search. But really it's not that good - the IP owner should have sued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFt3WlSi4_U

ThreeFlangedJavis

Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:15 pm
The only thing that you could hope for, I think, is that some of the Remain people actually wake up after seeing what the EU is doing here, and vote to leave in a second referendum. If not, I predict riots like the country has never seen. Perhaps they could import some of the Froggies from Paris to help?
Riots in the UK are the province of shower-shy so-called anti-fascists and ethnic minorities. I fear that the frog is half way boiled already for the rest. They are too naive and ready to write off the warnings as the gibberings of xenophobic conspiracy theorists. Perhaps Belgium will descend into enough of a mess quickly enough to wake them up. The Sharia favouring party there has a seat in parliament now. You might laugh, one seat! What do people think will happen when the Muslim population explodes with no integration? What hope is there when Tommy Robinson is the only working class figure ready to stick his head above the parapet and the press will tell any lie necessary to stop him. Even people who might otherwise agree with him are more willing to let the country go than forego their purity tests.

The BBC is a problem that needs solving. I don't think they even know how biased they are. They are so rooted in Guardianland that they have no idea of the falsity of the bullshit they believe.

I'll be very happy to be proven an alarmist and often pause and ask myself if I'm getting carried away. I don't think so, though. The West has been stable for so long that they have come to see themselves as not subject to the violence and instability that has always plagued the world.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest_5433a21c wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:29 am
Myers is turning into a pretzel to appease the crowd.
If we concede that by the Horde, Peezus is considered a "public intellectual", then he is clearly an "intellectual" of the American variety:
Stanley Elkins, in 1959, wrote: The intellectual without connections, chronically the case in America, finds himself in a fundamentally different position. Society normally asks little or nothing of him; a reform situation, on the other hand, seems to present him with a role. Yet even here the only pressures exerted on him involve the maintenance of a steady stream of new and exciting ideas; his only measurement of effect must be that of audience appeal; his principal question must continue to be, How many are listening? The pressures he does not feel are the concrete demands of an institution as such; he feels no direct responsibility for a clientele; he has, in short, no vested interest. The result for the intellectual is a situation of no limits. His reform thinking will tend to be erratic, emotional, compulsive, and abstract.
Peezus is a white old yank who hates being a white old yank, but is often acting exactly like a stereotypical white old yank.

Which is basically half of the SocJus: white Americans hating the fact that they're white and American, while often acting like stereotypical white Americans.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

KiwiInOz wrote: =

As a mere Colonial from a far flung outpost of the Empire, I look upon this Brexit thing with bemusement. The referendum from the get go was a fucked up piece of political appeasement, which then became a protest vote and surprised everybody, including the proponents of Brexit (who didn't have a plan for what to do). The criteria for a majority vote on something so critical to British economic policy wasn't established and became a 51:49 issue. Then Teresa May took the poisoned chalice and has tried to navigate her Government's way between all the flotsam, jetsam, and whirlpools without pleasing anyone. She (or anyone else) was never going to achieve anything that would see Britain better off in any way, shape, or form.

I've seen this a lot - claiming that the proponents of Brexit didn't have a plan. What could such a plan look like? It's a negotiation where both sides have very different motivations and perspectives. The great difficulty in leaving is a creation of the EU and the pro-EU faction in the UK. Perhaps I'm too young, but I don't remember when Maastricht went through anybody saying that once that was done it would be practically impossible ever to get out of it, so we had better commit ourselves to the EU project until the end of time. Maastricht was determined to be so minor that the reforendum at that time got cancelled.

We seem to have negotiated from the perspective that the EU world view is the right one and leaving is a disaster. That feels like a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy, and I struggle to see how the brexit side are at fault for it.

As for whether Britain is/will be better off... it depends how you score it. If your measure is GDP over the next 5 years, then I think Brexit is bad news. That can't be everything though. Perhaps it would reduce the transaction cost of trade and guarantee a short term increase GDP if the USA handed over the keys to it's government to China, but there has to be more to it than that.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Christ on a bike, I almost fell outta me chair!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

UKIP is a marginal party rapidly attracting rightwing wonks who think there is a sniff of power to be had.

Farage is right to oppose Robinson for this reason. Labour should oppose the trots (i.e. it's extremists) in it's ranks in the same way.Maybe Batten should start a single-issue party about Islam, I'm sure such political megaminds as Sargon would love it. The whole thing is embarrassing hahaha.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Steersman wrote: Playing it close to the vest? Don't want to give franc any more ammunition? ... ;-)
Happy to discuss any instances of actual doxing, of course, though that is tricky to do without Streisanding the problem.

Anyhow, the Sally Strange persona will be missed. She was a veritable fountain of inarticulate rage.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

For the Twatter impaired, a direct link to the Ed Yong article The CRISPR Baby Scandal Gets Worse by the Day

Full disclosure : Yong has me blocked on Twatter. :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Brive1987 wrote: Today I got to listen to Dr Julia Baird for an hour at my daughter’s speech day.

Most unpleasant.

For a nation that typically produces such sturdy character you've had some right cunts recently.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote: Christ on a bike, I almost fell outta me chair!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ten points if you can identify the source of each clip.

But yes, funniest thing I've seen in a loooooong time.

I had to explain why I burst out laughing, and the LHG made me show it to her...

ThreeFlangedJavis

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:06 pm
screwtape wrote: Oh, man, Brexit. I have read that what was made as an economic argument became a referendum on untrammelled immigration, and if that’s true, the economic price to be paid might be seen as worthwhile by the leave voters. Being, these days, an outsider looking in, I don’t see what the huge dissatisfaction is with May’s deal - customs union, open borders for business (including Ulster/Eire), Gibraltar protected, but none of those nice polite Poles coming to do the jobs that Estuary Man has decided are beneath him (yeah, I know, it’s not the Poles that made people vote that way; this was a referendum on the politics of Rotherham). But it seems May is fucked, and by her own party, who still don’t feel they belong in any degree in Europe. “Fog on Channel, continent cut off” was the headline that sums up that mindset. As far as I can see, the rejection of her deal is inevitable, and at one time would have led to the fall of her government. In these times, I guess she won’t do the honourable thing, and will then try for a second referendum. I would like to assume the outcome of that would be obvious, but I thought that was true for the 2016 referendum. Leaving with no deal is a typical “cut off your nose to spite your face” kind of thing (an “archer’s salute” to Europe for the modern era), and will be economically hard (I was amused to see the head of the Bank of England described as “a failed second-rate Canadian politician” in order to belittle his rather conservative assessment of how bad it would be to have no deal, which was around 2-3X worse than the “Great Recession”). But if a general election ensues, and Labour wins, you will have that and Corbyn’s idiocy on top. I don’t believe he has uttered any kind of position on how we should leave, simply choosing to play politics over it all. If political theory means anything, he ought not to want to leave at all, but one gets the feeling he hasn’t done any of this before and has no idea what he will do. Perhaps he has a committee of disabled transgender Trotskyite lesbians who will advise him.

She surrendered to the EU before negotiations began. The mandate was simple, get out and don't give away the farm while doing it. She fucked up, badly, but perhaps that was by design. The way Brexit has played out is an example of why it was necessary to get out in the first place. The will of the EU Commission will be done and the established parties are scared of stepping outside the limits.

Guest_5433a21c

Post by Guest_5433a21c »

The George H. W. Bush funeral: carried into his eternal office by one pallbearer from each military service, and, holding up the right rear of the coffin, Willy Horton.

Followed by an honor guard led by Michael Dukakis, bouncing in the hatch of an M1 Abrams tank.