Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Steers wrote:
Wonder what the legality is of recording people without their knowledge ....
It is legal if you are a participant in the conversation. It is illegal if you are not, and I believe that is Canada wide.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

free thoughtpolice wrote: jugheadnaut wrote:
FTP has always been Exhibit A in Jonathan Haidt's finding that liberals have far less understanding of the viewpoints and arguments of conservatives and moderates than the other way around, and this is a rather disgusting example of it. He enjoys maintaining a cartoon version of ideologies and especially partisan positions different than his own.
Look.at the nasty kind of swipes that Brive makes at "liberals" and maybe you will understand why I wrote that little bit lumping him in with the extremists on the far right. You seem to really miss the context of what I'm writing. Kind of like when you decided that when I mocked Lindsey Graham's pathetic denials of his sexuality during his lifelong battle against gay rights as gaybaiting.
I know a lot of conservatives, some smart ones and others not that smart. I even happen to agree with conservatives on a quite a few things, I am after all mainly a centrist with an appreciation of many liberal values. (think Paul Martin Jr.) Not all rightwingers are bigots and plenty of lefties are.
Hey, some of my best friends are conservatives. :P
Let me fix your last sentence for you.
Brive enjoys maintaining a cartoon version of ideologies and especially partisan positions different than his own.
You apparently don't understand where I'm coming from.
And, of course, the tu quoque, your go-to argument.

I'll be charitable and take you at your word that you view yourself as a left leaning centrist who aspires to see all sides. But if so, your output here is completely at odds with this vision of yourself. Your description of your reaction to Lindsey Graham during Kavanaugh-rama illustrates your lack of self-awareness. No, you weren't mocking his denials of his sexuality, that's just how you justify it to yourself. You unleashed a standard issue gay slur, and you did it because you were emotionally invested in the situation and because he was taking a strong position on the opposite side and had this history, you decided he was fair game for this. If you remember it differently, I invite you to go back and look at it. If we're going to look at history, I recall during the last presidential election I made a relatively mild criticism of Hillary Clinton and you immediately lumped me in with the demented Clinton Death Count gang (I'll be happy to dig it up if you deny it). Does that sound like a centrist or an ultra-partisan?

free thoughtpolice

No, you weren't mocking his denials of his sexuality, that's just how you justify it to yourself. You unleashed a standard issue gay slur, and you did it because you were emotionally invested in the situation and because he was taking a strong position on the opposite side and had this history, you decided he was fair game for this. If you remember it differently, I invite you to go back and look at it.
I don't remember it at all. Do dig it up, it wouldn't surprise me if I said something you misunderstood.
I was mocking Graham for being a hypocrite and a dishonest asshole. The same way he was a hypocrite and a dishonest asshole all those years while he was hopping aboard the anti gay crusades.You think you understand my motivations when you apparently don't. Skip the mind reading and stick to you day job.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Does anyone think that not bothering to spend your time being lectured on your morals by a guy whose girlfriend has a swastika on her tits is an inherently liberal or left-wing position?

Because I'm sure there are conservatives that wouldn't prioritize such activity either.

It's great for owning the libs though.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
In practice I’ll reiterate the liberal spectrum that covers benign-altruism through to SJW enraged individualism-of-the-oppressed. And note of DS “these are not my people”.
Sorry if I triggered you, but if you are going to broadbrush liberals don't get pissy when you get lumped in with other rightwingers. One thing that has surprised me by reading Daily Stormer and Stormfront is how many of the buzzwords they throw around are exactly the same as the "alt-light" crowd uses. They say they believe in liberty, but use Liberal as a dirty word and falsely use it to describe the extreme leftist authoritarian bunch. Guess who else does this?
I can also assure you that a true liberal really doesn't like conservative islam. Muslims like to stick to tradition and consider unflinching religious faith a virtue. Kind of like conservative xtians do, although admittedly they aren't quite as primitive as their muslim counterparts.
No triggering occurred.

Your inability to accept that I see a spectrum of liberal thought (despite me communicating this through words and pictures) is concerning. Almost as concerning as your inability to see a spectrum on the right. But not quite.

Let me know how you get on with your war on the alt-right.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
Nasty.

Maybe you need to switch your hard alt-right flavour of choice?

“The world is not your playground. You can take your liberties in the West, you can take your liberties when there are white men to defend your liberties but do not think everyone is so kind”
You aren't calling the DS crew nasty are you? Remember, I'm a liberal, these are your people .....
You have handed me the Captain FluffyBunny golden ticket “how dare you insult me . Now, I’m going to have an abusive retaliatory spurg-a-thon”.

In practice I’ll reiterate the liberal spectrum that covers benign-altruism through to SJW enraged individualism-of-the-oppressed. And note of DS “these are not my people”.

Shatterface screamed past stupid on his way to his breakdown. Don’t be like Shatterface.
Whereas your prolonged mid-life crisis has been a sheer pleasure. Your defense of the alt-right while "no-true-scotsman" tactic for their more unsavory ideas never grow tiring, all while you lump very disparate "liberal" ideas together. A very fine tactic, if you have no integrity. Your rejection of all liberal thought (including that which constitutes liberal democracy) while aligning yourself with antivaxxers and "brain supplements " hucksters is certainly amusing. Here's to hearing you whine in PoMo speak for another year. And do continue to support your boy Trump; he's looking better all the time.

Spurgy enough for you? Or you could, you know, not be an asshole. Either works for me.
I actually logged back in to apologise for bringing you into this when we had established a form of truce.

I’ll still issue that ‘I’m sorry for the barb’.

Maybe you’ll forgive me for regarding multiculturalism, civic nationalism, cultural relativism and a general distrust of traditional social collectives as the product of liberal belief.

And to reiterate in a now brain numbingly futile fashion ... liberalism exists along a spectrum encompassing economic, political and social tendrils and with intensities varying from the benign enablers to rabid SJ “all about me”-ism.

There is no one “liberalism”, but all but the very benign tend to dismantle conventions encouraging social cohesion.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Roads are melting, beaches are full to bursting and air conditioners are getting a serious end-of-year workout as residents in Sydney and across the state swelter through heatwave conditions, with no end in sight until 2019.

The "severe" to "extreme" heatwave that settled in Sydney on Thursday is set to continue "for the foreseeable future", the weather bureau warned, even with a possible storm on the way for New Year's Eve.

Beaches were so packed on Friday access to the Royal National Park carparks was suspended due to overcrowding, and the weekend ahead is likely to bring even bigger crowds to the coast.

Temperatures are forecast to hit their peak on Saturday with a high of 42 forecast in western Sydney – which on Friday sweated through its first of what's likely to be four consecutive days at 40 or above.

The statewide heatwave has already broken records across regional NSW in Narrandera (43.2 degrees) and Hay Airport (44.5), while Albury, at 42.4 degrees, had its hottest December day in 26 years on Thursday.

"This is all because of a high-pressure system coming off the Tasman Sea that is slow moving and has set up a pattern over several days," said Bureau of Meteorology forecaster Nick Neynens.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote: Does anyone think that not bothering to spend your time being lectured on your morals by a guy whose girlfriend has a swastika on her tits is an inherently liberal or left-wing position?

Because I'm sure there are conservatives that wouldn't prioritize such activity either.

I saw quite a few swastikas on buildings in Nepal recently. Nazis, Nazis everywhere.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
Nasty.

Maybe you need to switch your hard alt-right flavour of choice?

“The world is not your playground. You can take your liberties in the West, you can take your liberties when there are white men to defend your liberties but do not think everyone is so kind”
You aren't calling the DS crew nasty are you? Remember, I'm a liberal, these are your people .....
You have handed me the Captain FluffyBunny golden ticket “how dare you insult me . Now, I’m going to have an abusive retaliatory spurg-a-thon”.

Shatterface screamed past stupid on his way to his breakdown. Don’t be like Shatterface.
Whereas your prolonged mid-life crisis has been a sheer pleasure. Your defense of the alt-right while "no-true-scotsman" tactic for their more unsavory ideas never grow tiring, all while you lump very disparate "liberal" ideas together. A very fine tactic, if you have no integrity. Your rejection of all liberal thought (including that which constitutes liberal democracy) while aligning yourself with antivaxxers and "brain supplements " hucksters is certainly amusing. Here's to hearing you whine in PoMo speak for another year. And do continue to support your boy Trump; he's looking better all the time.

Spurgy enough for you? Or you could, you know, not be an asshole. Either works for me.
I actually logged back in to apologise for bringing you into this when we had established a form of truce.

I’ll still issue that ‘I’m sorry for the barb’.

Maybe you’ll forgive me for regarding multiculturalism, civic nationalism, cultural relativism and a general distrust of traditional social collectives as the product of liberal belief.

And to reiterate in a now brain numbingly futile fashion ... liberalism exists along a spectrum encompassing economic, political and social tendrils and with intensities varying from the benign enablers to rabid SJ “all about me”-ism.

There is no one “liberalism”, but all but the very benign tend to dismantle conventions encouraging social cohesion.
Indeed, leading us into such barbarities as gay rights and suffrage. I prefer to see things as a balance, with conservative values providing a check on liberal excesses and vice-versa. Having been raised in an extremely conservative, very white environment I am perhaps keenly aware of what happens when one of these schools of thought is disparaged and discouraged.

Mostly what I see lately is people being reactive; the SJWs are awful, so let's embrace the alt-right. Trump is awful, let's support Antifa. People very much running to embrace extremes.

Social cohesion through shared values is a lovely thought, but unless those values are humane and embrace the full spectrum of human rights, the result is gonna be awful.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Bhurzum wrote:
I'm proud of this one...

:lol: :clap:

The hulking galoot was too busy misgendering himself to let anyone else have a crack at it.

"...stop calling me a man, because quite clearly I am NOT!"

"Muthafucker! Take it outside if you want to call me sir again, I will show you a fucking sir!"

That moment when the kid called him "sir" again is when everyone should've applauded and the kid reveals himself to be Albert Einstein :lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

There is a happy atheist named Peezus,
Who despises all who love Jesus.
If asked to convert,
He'll stab where it hurts,
And shoot down priests as he pleases.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Probably the most epic girly-shrieking from a chubby beardo you'll ever hear... all because a dude in a Trump shirt walked into the store:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I do like Monday’s. For now we have 13 in-laws of various persuasions coming in two hours. This is one of the 8 days in a year where a pool would deliver full return on overhead.

http://i.imgur.com/9nqY1aD.jpg

Well Australia had Federal sufferance sorted ahead of the pack in 1902. You could say it’s a traditional thing here about.

“The full spectrum of human rights” is more of a problem. Especially when a cursory review of the UN Declaration shows obvious contradictions. In any case the basis of a collective is an agreed surrender of some individual rights in return for overall benefit.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Does anyone think that not bothering to spend your time being lectured on your morals by a guy whose girlfriend has a swastika on her tits is an inherently liberal or left-wing position?

I saw quite a few swastikas on buildings in Nepal recently. Nazis, Nazis everywhere.
Reverse Nazi's, I think.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ape+lust wrote: Probably the most epic girly-shrieking from a chubby beardo you'll ever hear... all because a dude in a Trump shirt walked into the store:

Wow! If that idiot still has a job after that I'll be dumbstruck. No matter what your political persuasions the customer is king. I would be amazed if his bosses keep him employed if they see that video.
This is the result of teaching left wing lunacy in schools and universities in classes with meaningless degrees, it wouldn't surprise me if this plank fits into that category. Indoctrinating them with identity politics/everyone else is a racist Nazi bullshit has it's consequences as one day they'll have to try and fit in with the real world.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote: Wow! If that idiot still has a job after that I'll be dumbstruck. No matter what your political persuasions the customer is king. I would be amazed if his bosses keep him employed if they see that video.
This is the result of teaching left wing lunacy in schools and universities in classes with meaningless degrees, it wouldn't surprise me if this plank fits into that category. Indoctrinating them with identity politics/everyone else is a racist Nazi bullshit has it's consequences as one day they'll have to try and fit in with the real world.
It looks like boys really can have periods...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote: I do like Monday’s. For now we have 13 in-laws of various persuasions coming in two hours. This is one of the 8 days in a year where a pool would deliver full return on overhead.

Well Australia had Federal sufferance sorted ahead of the pack in 1902. You could say it’s a traditional thing here about.

“The full spectrum of human rights” is more of a problem. Especially when a cursory review of the UN Declaration shows obvious contradictions. In any case the basis of a collective is an agreed surrender of some individual rights in return for overall benefit.
I doubt anyone should rely on the U.N. Rwanda and the former Yugoslavia know better, along with Syria and too many others to list. Which human rights do you suggest be surrendered for what overall benefit? Please be specific and descriptive.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Ape+lust wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:49 pm
Probably the most epic girly-shrieking from a chubby beardo you'll ever hear... all because a dude in a Trump shirt walked into the store:

Lol! Look at the reviews:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/xhale-city-tucker

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Bandersnatch .. Anyone watched it yet?

I did and I ...
► Show Spoiler

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Anyone been following 'Mike Judges - Tales from the Tour Bus'

Season 2 - is more than a little bit Country...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Yx6jGbmWs

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: I do like Monday’s. For now we have 13 in-laws of various persuasions coming in two hours. This is one of the 8 days in a year where a pool would deliver full return on overhead.

I doubt anyone should rely on the U.N. Rwanda and the former Yugoslavia know better, along with Syria and too many others to list. Which human rights do you suggest be surrendered for what overall benefit? Please be specific and descriptive.
My 13 in laws have come and finally gone. The dad taxi has completed its last drop. I’m tired and I sense a trap. I note you haven’t specified a definition or list of human rights which comprise the mentioned “full spectrum”. I note also a reticence to fall into line behind the UDHR. I suspect locking down this canon might help us avoid bickering.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Actually - that's season one.

Still waiting for something that's a little bit rock 'n' roll.

franc

Post by franc »

Old man's a carcass that somehow is still breathing.

Xmas eve collapsed on his walking frame. No motor function whatsoever. Picking that up off the floor is not as easy as it sounds. Body is like a bean bag and it groans in pain when you lift wrong part unable to articulate what's wrong. He was dehydrating but could not drink and belly was like a ripe watermelon from accumulated urine he could not pass. Called ambulance. Excellent chaps. They got him off floor and moved him to bathroom and all of his bowels exploded mid way. Sorry no YouTube.

Hospital. Steady shutdown. No longer even sipping water, let alone food. Body shutting down. First legs, then voice, then hands. Now eye contact has gone too. Here's the shtick - if you don't shoot a sick dog it's "cruelty". But prolonging this bullshit is "god's will". Fuck you all. A heroin shot. Some purple haze. Game over. Quick easy and pleasant. But no... We have to torture all involved.

https://youtu.be/fjwWjx7Cw8I

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

[/quote

o.jpg
(76.74 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

So when do the 2018 Cunties nominations start?

-

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

InfraRedBucket wrote: So when do the 2018 Cunties nominations start?
-
Ask Screwtape... I think he is in charge this year.

John D

Post by John D »

franc wrote: Old man's a carcass that somehow is still breathing.

Xmas eve collapsed on his walking frame. No motor function whatsoever. Picking that up off the floor is not as easy as it sounds. Body is like a bean bag and it groans in pain when you lift wrong part unable to articulate what's wrong. He was dehydrating but could not drink and belly was like a ripe watermelon from accumulated urine he could not pass. Called ambulance. Excellent chaps. They got him off floor and moved him to bathroom and all of his bowels exploded mid way. Sorry no YouTube.

Hospital. Steady shutdown. No longer even sipping water, let alone food. Body shutting down. First legs, then voice, then hands. Now eye contact has gone too. Here's the shtick - if you don't shoot a sick dog it's "cruelty". But prolonging this bullshit is "god's will". Fuck you all. A heroin shot. Some purple haze. Game over. Quick easy and pleasant. But no... We have to torture all involved.
Sorry to hear Franc. My mother-in-law lived with my wife ad I in her last days, SHe was convinced the hospital was actually trying to kill her so she would not agree to a DNR. At the end she was on a vent for over a month. Her body became a breeding ground for killer bugs so you couldn't go in her room without a full gown and mask. Finally one of the doctors decided she was "in too much pain" and asked the family if he could increase her pain meds to a level that would "relieve her pain". This was, of course, a dose large enough to kill her. The inhuman way she died affected my wife so badly this is the event that kicked her fibromyalgia into high gear and my wife has been ill ever since. Thanks Mom!

I hope your dad's situation resolves in as painless a way as possible. This is a big social problem that has no consensus on how to fix. That's for sure. I hope I have enough ability at the end of my life to be able to end it myself and save my children the burden of watching me turn into a veg.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote: Wow! If that idiot still has a job after that I'll be dumbstruck. No matter what your political persuasions the customer is king. I would be amazed if his bosses keep him employed if they see that video.
Yeah, it's a pretty good sample of how badly we've fucked ourselves. Modern parents dependably crank out entitled brats. Consumerism makes the kids intolerant of delayed gratification. Schools convince them po-mo jargon mongering is the highest pursuit. Internet culture makes them immune to shame. And the ubiquity of cameras ensures they'll rarely get thrashed for acting like howler monkeys. It's a perfect storm of engineered assholism :shock:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

franc wrote: Old man's a carcass that somehow is still breathing.

https://youtu.be/fjwWjx7Cw8I
Goddamn. What a horror. I admire your resolve to do right and see this through.

My old man is a psychopath I wouldn't shoot to end his misery.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Ape+lust wrote: Probably the most epic girly-shrieking from a chubby beardo you'll ever hear... all because a dude in a Trump shirt walked into the store:

"Ring me up and your life doesn't get ruined." Pretty sure that ship has long since sailed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

Now that he's lost his job, how's he going to keep up his donations to Beckybooze's Patreon?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: It looks like boys really can have periods...
BPEwh

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ape+lust wrote:
Yeah, it's a pretty good sample of how badly we've fucked ourselves. Modern parents dependably crank out entitled brats. Consumerism makes the kids intolerant of delayed gratification. Schools convince them po-mo jargon mongering is the highest pursuit. Internet culture makes them immune to shame. And the ubiquity of cameras ensures they'll rarely get thrashed for acting like howler monkeys. It's a perfect storm of engineered assholism :shock:
My five year old grand daughter got sent to her room with a smacked behind from her mother for very similar behaviour on Christmas day. Her triggering wasn't a MAGA hat or Trump T-Shirt, oh no it was much worse, it was her father's attempt at arranging her presents into a nice neat pile as opposed to being strewn all over the living room floor.

She's a ginner too. :shock:

Before the meltdown
https://i.imgur.com/bSEzXaJ.jpg

free thoughtpolice

jugheadnaut wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: jugheadnaut wrote:
FTP has always been Exhibit A in Jonathan Haidt's finding that liberals have far less understanding of the viewpoints and arguments of conservatives and moderates than the other way around, and this is a rather disgusting example of it. He enjoys maintaining a cartoon version of ideologies and especially partisan positions different than his own.
Look.at the nasty kind of swipes that Brive makes at "liberals" and maybe you will understand why I wrote that little bit lumping him in with the extremists on the far right. You seem to really miss the context of what I'm writing. Kind of like when you decided that when I mocked Lindsey Graham's pathetic denials of his sexuality during his lifelong battle against gay rights as gaybaiting.
I know a lot of conservatives, some smart ones and others not that smart. I even happen to agree with conservatives on a quite a few things, I am after all mainly a centrist with an appreciation of many liberal values. (think Paul Martin Jr.) Not all rightwingers are bigots and plenty of lefties are.
Hey, some of my best friends are conservatives. :P
Let me fix your last sentence for you.
Brive enjoys maintaining a cartoon version of ideologies and especially partisan positions different than his own.
You apparently don't understand where I'm coming from.
And, of course, the tu quoque, your go-to argument.

I'll be charitable and take you at your word that you view yourself as a left leaning centrist who aspires to see all sides. But if so, your output here is completely at odds with this vision of yourself. Your description of your reaction to Lindsey Graham during Kavanaugh-rama illustrates your lack of self-awareness. No, you weren't mocking his denials of his sexuality, that's just how you justify it to yourself. You unleashed a standard issue gay slur, and you did it because you were emotionally invested in the situation and because he was taking a strong position on the opposite side and had this history, you decided he was fair game for this. If you remember it differently, I invite you to go back and look at it. If we're going to look at history, I recall during the last presidential election I made a relatively mild criticism of Hillary Clinton and you immediately lumped me in with the demented Clinton Death Count gang (I'll be happy to dig it up if you deny it). Does that sound like a centrist or an ultra-partisan?
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=545&p=476815&hilit ... on#p476815
That was very charitable of you to take me at my word that I'm a left leaning centrist that aspires to see all sides.
By the way, I was curious to see where I lumped you in with the demented Clinton Death Count gang.
Is this what you are talking about?
free thoughtpolice wrote: ↑Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:49 am
Jugheadnaut wrote:

How about the Vince Foster thing? A total construct that tried to smear the Clintons and accuse them of murder. That was not only all over the right wing news, But was trumpeted loudly by Republican politicians. Years after the incident, the poor victim of a nasty witchcunt, Brett Cavanaugh went all out trying to gin up a case.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opin ... oster.html
Good luck on this conspiracy obsessed republican hitman giving fair hearings to any issue by democrats put in front of the court. No wonder the dems went over the top trying to block this nasty prick.
I don't see anything in this comment where I lumped you in with anybody. If you have another quote I couldn't find I'd love to see it, otherwise I have to conclude that you've had a bug up your ass for the last 2 months over an imaginary slight.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I don't see anything in this comment where I lumped you in with anybody. If you have another quote I couldn't find I'd love to see it, otherwise I have to conclude that you've had a bug up your ass for the last 2 months over an imaginary slight.
Lindsay Graham has wanted a bug[ger] up his ass for the past several decades.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:14 pm
This years Christmas tear jerker .. Snoop the Dog.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-46694246
Horrible. If I believed in hell, I'd say that there's a special place in it for those who abandon or mistreat animals. I hope that the person who abandoned that dog develops Fournier's gangrene of the genitals. :burn: Same goes for my asshole neighbors who leave their dogs out to suffer in bad weather of all types. A pox on them, and painful boils on their fat buttocks.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

BarnOwl wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:14 pm
This years Christmas tear jerker .. Snoop the Dog.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-46694246
Horrible. If I believed in hell, I'd say that there's a special place in it for those who abandon or mistreat animals. I hope that the person who abandoned that dog develops Fournier's gangrene of the genitals. :burn: Same goes for my asshole neighbors who leave their dogs out to suffer in bad weather of all types. A pox on them, and painful boils on their fat buttocks.
I'm a big softie when it comes to animals, love the buggers (even when they don't get along with us) and have nothing but contempt and open hostility for fuckers who abuse them. "The Dodo" (https://twitter.com/dodo) is a regular feature of my twatter sessions, lots of rescue videos/stories on a daily basis but there was one the other day that fucking floored me...

Even though it has a happy ending, it's a tough watch.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

My parents like to watch a couple of shows that are on the Animal Planet channel, so I had to endure those heartbreaking ASPCA commercials multiple times over the last week. I can almost understand why some people go militant vegan and become animal rights activists ... not saying I approve of all of their methods, but I can see what drives their fervor and why they're upset or angry. I support biomedical research that involves animal models (and now have an administrative/service role related to that), but at the same time I could be considered an animal welfare advocate in that context.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

BarnOwl wrote: My parents like to watch a couple of shows that are on the Animal Planet channel, so I had to endure those heartbreaking ASPCA commercials multiple times over the last week. I can almost understand why some people go militant vegan and become animal rights activists ... not saying I approve of all of their methods, but I can see what drives their fervor and why they're upset or angry. I support biomedical research that involves animal models (and now have an administrative/service role related to that), but at the same time I could be considered an animal welfare advocate in that context.
I saw those too when visiting my folks. Got me very emotional.

I would do bad things to the people responsible. But instead, I try to help the animals (horses mostly) that I can.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

One of the things that triggers me is animal cruelty. It comes in many forms not just abandonment, beatings or neglect but I also have big problems with people who overfeed their pets or never walk them regularly or take them to a vet when they get ill unless absolutely necessary. Another one is cat owners who keep them cooped up in the house 24/7. I hate it. I had an argument with my niece over this a few years ago, she had two 4 yr old cats she'd had from kittens which had never been outside her house. As I rather viciously said to her "There's a reason they keep looking out the fucking window" She hardly spoke to me for nearly a year.

If you can't look after an animal properly then don't get one. Selfish bastards. :x

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

shoutinghorse wrote: One of the things that triggers me is animal cruelty. It comes in many forms not just abandonment, beatings or neglect but I also have big problems with people who overfeed their pets or never walk them regularly or take them to a vet when they get ill unless absolutely necessary. Another one is cat owners who keep them cooped up in the house 24/7. I hate it. I had an argument with my niece over this a few years ago, she had two 4 yr old cats she'd had from kittens which had never been outside her house. As I rather viciously said to her "There's a reason they keep looking out the fucking window" She hardly spoke to me for nearly a year.

If you can't look after an animal properly then don't get one. Selfish bastards. :x
My immediate neighbors on either side are also animal lovers, and treat their dogs very well - walks, playing Frisbee, etc. Neighbors down the street are crap though - their dogs are out in the backyard 24/7. Why even have dogs? I've considered offering to walk their dogs, but I'm kind of afraid of the people (not the dogs - I don't think they're vicious or anything). Mostly I've considered writing nasty anonymous letters instead. Also considered throwing rocks at their Mercedes when I ride around the neighborhood on my bike at dark-thirty in the morning.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This has a Queensland vibe to it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ape+lust wrote:

Ginger will be fine. Patreon is hiring... https://g.co/kgs/gPvLq9
Trust and Safety Content Representative
SAVE

Patreon
Omaha, NE
Apply on LinkedIn
Apply on Greenhouse
Over 1 month agoFull-time
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.

We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.

Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry's most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class.

We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.

Patreon is looking for someone based with a strong background in Trust and Safety to join our growing team in Omaha. Patreon deals with payment processing and content hosting, two areas that come with a huge number of risk factors. As a Trust and Safety Content Representative, you will protect Patreon and our creators from the risks we face. If you enjoy thinking about new and creative ways to stop online abuse and proactively identify potential issues, then this is the perfect role for you.

What You Would Do
• Investigate users reported for violations of our content policy.
• When violations are found, reach out to the users and take appropriate corrective action.
• Investigate and respond to inquiries from users in areas of responsibility owned by the Content & Policy team.
• Help research and implement best practices as we build our Content & Policy team.

Skills You Possess
• 1-2 years of Trust and Safety experience, preferably relating to content policy.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume startup environment.
• Able to balance empathy with skepticism while investigating potential violations.
• Interest in recording and analyzing data to find trends.
• Passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission.
• Strong communication and analytical skills.
• Identify policy gray areas and make recommendations

What You Will Have The Chance To Learn
• Judgment and communication skills as you balance enforcing the rules with deep empathy for creators and world class customer service.
• Encyclopedic knowledge of trust and safety responsibilities for a platform that processes payments and hosts user generated content, including: content policy enforcement, abusive users and takedown notices
Patreon
https://g.co/kgs/gPvLq9

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Swiss man linked to Morocco tourist murder suspects arrested
https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... 8ea906c310

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Our dog is getting surgery Monday morning for a tear duct obstruction. I'm scared as fuck.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Our dog is getting surgery Monday morning for a tear duct obstruction. I'm scared as fuck.
I'm sure it will go just fine. I've had that surgery myself, bilaterally and survived - even though, as a typical vain high school student, I was mortified by the raccoon eyes I had for a week or so afterward.

I boarded my dogs at the vet's while I was out of town, and one of them is a nervous Nellie who gets stressed out EVERY TIME. That meant a trip to the emergency vet at midnight for anti-vomiting meds, and now I've cooked chicken, rice, and oatmeal for all three dogs. My diet is mostly vegan now, so I keep chicken in the freezer just for the dogs. :roll:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:05 pm
Post by Brive1987 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:02 pm
Is it possible to accept the Goldern One has a valid point ignored by liberals as un-PC (ie that a father should encourage his daughter to avoid third world Islamic countries) - while rejecting a Nazi basis for this proposition? Ie acknowledge the awkward truth that a WS is closer to commonsense here than the middle of the road lib ....
I'm a centrist liberal and I would discourage young women as well as young men from going into dangerous situations anywhere and obviously third world countries too. I don't know where you get the idea that middle of the road liberals don't have obvious common sense.
Case in point. A number of years ago I was advising a young woman and her friends not to hitchhike and especially on some of the isolated highways in northern BC as there were woman going missing up there. They were adults and not my children and laughed off my advice. One of those young women ended up murdered while she was hitchhiking. It isn't just muslims that rape and murder and it can happen in a relatively safe first world country.
You really don't have a clue about what liberal values are if you think it consists of encouraging young people to do foolhardy and dangerous things.
You could have saved typing by linking to one or more liberal press items that also made TGO’s point.

Liberal is a problematic term though. It can be used singular by proponents but not by critics. It’s probaly best to tick box intended usage as a clarification.

Here is a quick prelim. list of options:

Conservative liberalism (not to be confused with ...)
Liberal conservatism
Classical liberalism
National liberalism
Social liberalism
Liberal radicalism
Neo liberalism
Cultural liberalism
Manchester liberalism
Secular liberalism
Radical centrism
Democratic liberalism
Perfectionist liberalism
Egalitarianism
Colonial liberalism
Liberal internationalism
Liberal feminism

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

dog puke wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: So when do the 2018 Cunties nominations start?
-
Ask Screwtape... I think he is in charge this year.
I love a dog that bears a grudge.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Patreon deals with payment processing and content hosting
Weirdly enough, neither of these things are Patreon core business.

Phil, the surgery will be fine, but I share your impending doom re the bill.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

[her parents] thought I was going to be an unemployed, tattooed bum because they thought nobody would ever hire me."

These days, the 28-year-old does piercings and works on the reception desk at The Illustrated Man tattooist in Surry Hills.
:lol:

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fashio ... 50nta.html

franc

Post by franc »

Ape+lust wrote: My old man is a psychopath I wouldn't shoot to end his misery.
So's mine. He's a book burner. Doesn't justify revenge. That's what baboons do.

Cockhead refused to hand over passwords to vital accounts until "tomorrow". It's now "tomorrow". Another nightmare to deal with.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

franc wrote: Cockhead refused to hand over passwords to vital accounts until "tomorrow". It's now "tomorrow". Another nightmare to deal with.
Hey, maybe the password is "tomorrow"

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
Swiss man linked to Morocco tourist murder suspects arrested
https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... 8ea906c310
Iknew it! Kirbmarc and his liberal civic nationalism were behind it all along!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I came across this video about Paetron and MasterCard, and all the other shady payment processors :

Discussion of the above and related shenanigans may be found at Kotaku In Action on Reddit here : Mastercards shady business practices.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Remember when orange man bad talking tough to Kim Jong wrong'n was going to bring about nuclear Armageddon?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

shoutinghorse wrote: One of the things that triggers me is animal cruelty. It comes in many forms not just abandonment, beatings or neglect but I also have big problems with people who overfeed their pets or never walk them regularly or take them to a vet when they get ill unless absolutely necessary. Another one is cat owners who keep them cooped up in the house 24/7. I hate it. I had an argument with my niece over this a few years ago, she had two 4 yr old cats she'd had from kittens which had never been outside her house. As I rather viciously said to her "There's a reason they keep looking out the fucking window" She hardly spoke to me for nearly a year.

I've been known to kidnap other people's sick pets and take them to the vet, which usually makes them cough up the dough out of shame. My step dad was the type that didn't take pets to the vet. Otherwise (sort of) alright guy, but just didn't have that type of empathy for animals. I think it's an upbringing thing. Italian American. :roll:

Re: indoor cats. I've heard it both ways. Some people swear that cats should be kept indoors because they're too vulnerable outside. I think they're crazy (and driving their cats crazy). I guess it makes sense in a very dangerous area, like one with high traffic or vicious dogs, but normal cats want to be outside, getting things done, hunting, etc. Generally cats are way too high energy to stay indoors all day. And then there's this problem:

I usually have between five and ten cats, some pass away, some disappear, and new ones arrive. I live in an area where cats are dumped, and I can't say no to a hungry cat. The problem is that it just takes one cat who decides that it's ok to pee indoors and they all follow suit. I can deal with a lot of things from pets, but not living in their toilet. So my cats live out on the deck and come indoors in a very monitored fashion. I think this is fine as long as the area is relatively safe. I've actually had dogs run up onto my deck trying to get at the cats, who are scared shitless. Ideally cats should be provided with a safe room, or an elevated platform where dogs can't reach them. Cats are very adept at escaping danger, but they need a place to escape to.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote: I usually have between five and ten cats, some pass away, some disappear, and new ones arrive.
Cats are dumb - dogs rule!

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/20 ... info&w=600

:D

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Bhurzum wrote: Cats are dumb - dogs rule!
My cat's a genius. He's working on the wet vs. dry food problem. Inconclusive, so far.