Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
AndrewV69

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by AndrewV69 »

Keating wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:04 pm
Out of curiosity, how many people read Moldbug?
/wave

Not religiously but from time to time. Why do you ask?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ken Kunt Kucek couldn't resist defending Kaepernick and Psycho Serena after I made a toss-away snark at WEIT. Of course he knew nothing. I just did the equivalent over there of putting him on ignore. He's not even fun anymore, just a boor and a bore. (He's also bogarting nearly every stream at WEIT.)

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1654916

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Anne Hathaway denounces white privilege in award speech
speaking to the ladies, gentlemen and “gentlethem” in the crowd, Hathaway denounced white, straight and cisgender privilege.

“It is important to acknowledge with the exception of being a cisgender male, everything about how I was born has put me at the current center of a damaging and widely-accepted myth,” she said.

“That myth is that gayness orbits around straightness, transgender orbits around cisgender, and that all races orbit around whiteness.”

Hathaway explained that it was when she spent time with the LGBTQ community – her older brother is gay – that she learned to reject this myth.

“I appreciate this community because together we are not going to just question this myth, we are going to destroy it,” she told the crowd.

“Let’s tear this world apart and build a better one.”
“Let’s tear this world apart and build a better one.” Why does that sound familiar? Oh yeah, the Sarloth Sar School of Nation Building.
Pol Pot2.jpg
(248.89 KiB) Downloaded 470 times

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
speaking to the ladies, gentlemen and “gentlethem” in the crowd, Hathaway denounced white, straight and cisgender privilege.

“It is important to acknowledge with the exception of being a cisgender male, everything about how I was born has put me at the current center of a damaging and widely-accepted myth,” she said.

“That myth is that gayness orbits around straightness, transgender orbits around cisgender, and that all races orbit around whiteness.”

Hathaway explained that it was when she spent time with the LGBTQ community – her older brother is gay – that she learned to reject this myth.

“I appreciate this community because together we are not going to just question this myth, we are going to destroy it,” she told the crowd.

“Let’s tear this world apart and build a better one.” Why does that sound familiar? Oh yeah, the Sarloth Sar School of Nation Building.Pol Pot2.jpg
I did not know you were in to Buddhism! :bjarte:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

When you got down to it, I'm sure Anne Hathaway would prove quite selective about which parts of this world ought be torn down.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

I predict now that sharp reporters will discover this show is opposed by nazis, sexists, white supremacists, homophobes and haters.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Keating wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:04 pm
Out of curiosity, how many people read Moldbug?
/wave

Not religiously but from time to time. Why do you ask?
Against Mencius Moldbug’s ‘Neoreaction’
Reading Moldbug is like listening to somebody who informs you of his plan to take care of the termites by burning his mansion down and then starts romanticizing life in a log cabin despite never having lived in one.
;-)

Interesting article though as is The Atlantic's Behind the Internet's Anti-Democracy Movement. Not that I've entirely read all of either of course ...

But to further enhance the reputation of the Pit for laying pipes for the alt-right, Moldbug's Blog, Unqualified Reservations (the link in the National Review is out of date).

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

The Empire, Golden Golem of Orange, Bull in a China Shop Donald has struck again :

(The link again) In stunning move, Trump declassifies documents related to Russia probe
The move covers about 20 pages of the warrant obtained to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and FBI interviews.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:06 pm
The Empire, Golden Golem of Orange, Bull in a China Shop Donald has struck again :

(The link again) In stunning move, Trump declassifies documents related to Russia probe
The move covers about 20 pages of the warrant obtained to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and FBI interviews.
All the usual suspects are absolutely pissed about this

I see one of three things happening:

1. It's clear that there are secrets there that Trump should have not have declassified, if so, a terrible look for Trump, especially before midterms

2. It's clear that there are secrets there that do not put the US at risk if they are declassified, if so, a poor look for the usual suspects

3. It's a big nothing burger, if so, a poor look for the usual suspects

As soon as someone published them, we will know immediately.

Releasing these documents should shed a ton of light on the claims that the FBI and FISA court abused the FISA warrant process.

It's hard for me to understand at this point, in this particular case, how declassifying this material does anything but aid the public, but we shall see!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

dogen wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:57 pm
Clearly, those cops are racist white supremacists.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5b2d4fd6/turb ... 50/750x422

(From this story). To be honest, it's not surprising that cops in Baltimore are majority-black. But the BLM narrative, of white supremacy driving the cop-on-black killings, has quite a few problems with it.
This is why the completely racialized narrative is actually counterproductive.

Law enforcement misconduct exists in the US, and it's an issue that is a recurring problem. There's a culture of tribalism and lack of accountability among American law enforcement officers, which helps corrupt or violent officers to get away with their crimes. The victims of law enforcement misconduct are likely to be involved in the criminal underground to some level, or living in areas where crime is diffused, or to be poor and so unable to cause legal trouble for police officers. Police is also more active in urban areas.

Due to a series of socio-economic factors this usually means that a large part of the victims of questionable or criminal police conduct are black. There's also a long, painful history of racism in the United States, and of course racism is far from over. So I understand WHY the completely racialized narrative has taken hold. The problem is that by adopting a completely racialized narrative you're approaching the problem with at best a bias towards reinforcing your narrative.

But it's actually relatively easy to find examples when it's hard to argue that racial factors were an issue.

There are many issues with the American justice system which are more about lack of accountability for officers and prosecutors, the system screwing over poor, disenfranchised people, violations of civil rights being excused or glossed over (like in the cases of civil forfeiture), the failures and excesses of the War on Drugs, private prisons, over-reliance on questionable witness statements, over-incarceration, overly draconian punishments, a system which doesn't offer much in terms of rehabilitation, lack of opportunities for people who have served their sentences, overly strict interpretation of laws (like prosecuting teenagers as sexual offender for having consensual sex with other teens), etc.

And yes, the effects of a flawed system which is more about filling prisons and getting votes for being "tough on crime" than about protecting people's rights and reducing crime, and of law enforcement officials covering their asses are disproportionately felt by those who can't hire good lawyers, can't afford class actions, aren't interviewed by the papers and live in areas which politicians deem unworthy of their attention. Everywhere in the world this means poor people, especially those who live in areas with high levels of crime. In the US this means that there's a visible racial component to those issues. Denying this would be dumb. But the racial narrative isn't, and shouldn't be thought of as, the end of everything.

But the SJWs for the most part don't seem to care about those issues. In some cases (like the infamous college kangaroo courts) the SocJus actually actively makes things WORSE in the name of "absolute justice". I've seen lots of libertarians caring more about the rights of the accused than most SJWs, or caring more about reducing the powers of prosecutors and law enforcement officers than most SJWs.

Kamala Harris, a SocJus darling, is very "tough on crime", very much pro-Drug War, and very much in favor of maintaining and expanding the power of prosecutors. The SocJus is really "tough" on any allegation of sexual misconduct, to the point of some SocJus fans dismissing presumption of innocence as "nonsense".

I remember when I had a discussion with a Pharyngula fan about how making law enforcement less militarized might reduce police shootings, and the reply was along the lines that he didn't care about law enforcement being militarized as long as they stopped "killing black people". :bjarte:

By focusing ONLY on the racial aspects the SocJus risks actually DELAYING police reforms, by turning them into a politically identitarian issue and a performative social media and protest act.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I hadn't heard about that case. It's kinda funny really. It's basically the plot from the TV show The Shield. In fact, those morons probably came up with the idea for their scam by watching The Shield.

Since he mentions dead children, Peezy seems to have conflated Tamir Rice with the adult drug dealers in Baltimore.
Interestingly enough, The Shield was inspired by the real life Rampart scandal.

So it might be life which is imitating art which is imitating life. :bjarte:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

If even 10% of this true, we are living in a pastel “Black Mirror” episode.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... ec3dc98abf

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... MoVMyhS22d

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: If even 10% of this true, we are living in a pastel “Black Mirror” episode.

I sometimes think that Stalin must be rolling over in his grave that Orwell gets all the credit for '1984'.

As to the Chinese - didn't Mao have some ideas along these lines?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Mao didn’t have facial recognition software or the ability to track your online gaming time expenditure.

Talking of epic fails, watch the top left of the screen.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Already been posted?

Angry Brive in 3...2...1...

:popcorn:

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

https://quillette.com/2018/09/16/breaking-the-norm/
Breaking the Norm
written by Jamie Kilstein

Norm Macdonald became famous as a comic who said offensive things. From blatantly calling O.J. Simpson a murderer on Saturday Night Live, to a Conan appearance where he talked about oral sex with his wife who was in a coma. We loved it. He was one of the most beloved comedians of all time and a comic’s comic. I even went back to watch that Conan clip taped in “liberal Hollywood” after a girlfriend sent it to me and noticed that the crowd went nuts. Coma sex and all.

Norm Macdonald was also just booted from The Tonight Show for… saying offensive things.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Heck, Brive can’t even criticise ex-Muslims without being accused of laying pipes. :twatson:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote: Already been posted?

That dude tried so hard to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Even with cameras in their fucking faces these “Aussies” couldn’t withstand the subtlest of scratches. Islam is totally ingrained into their base identity, it’s not a thought system to be reviewed and revised away apart from a few outliers. Or a system that will accommodate the lessons of John Locke civic lessons 101 and the theory of social contract.

Explain again what the fuck we are doing voluntarily creating these antithetical centres of cultural resistance? The absolute absurdity screams for mad conspiracy theories.

Southern was lucky she wasn’t alone or I’d wager on a “Tahrir Square” moment occurring.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Why didn't the sheik want to show his face? :violence-blades:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: If even 10% of this true, we are living in a pastel “Black Mirror” episode.

The mandatory “social credit” system was first announced in 2014 in a bid to reinforce the notion that “keeping trust is glorious and breaking trust is disgraceful,” according to a government document.
They're just defending their Chinese cultural heritage of being a high trust society :bjarte:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

More seriously: yes, this is concerning. With tech like this, authoritarian regimes might have a hedge that they didn't have back in the 1930s. This is why keeping authoritarian forces at bay is important.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:

[img.]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... MoVMyhS22d[/img]
More seriously: yes, this is concerning. With tech like this, authoritarian regimes might have a hedge that they didn't have back in the 1930s. This is why keeping authoritarian forces at bay is important.
I’ll bet you $5 that for the West, social scorecards will happen in what passes for liberal democracies well before we get this:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:58 pm
dogen wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:57 pm
Clearly, those cops are racist white supremacists.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5b2d4fd6/turb ... 50/750x422

(From this story). To be honest, it's not surprising that cops in Baltimore are majority-black. But the BLM narrative, of white supremacy driving the cop-on-black killings, has quite a few problems with it.
This is why the completely racialized narrative is actually counterproductive.

Law enforcement misconduct exists in the US, and it's an issue that is a recurring problem. There's a culture of tribalism and lack of accountability among American law enforcement officers, which helps corrupt or violent officers to get away with their crimes. The victims of law enforcement misconduct are likely to be involved in the criminal underground to some level, or living in areas where crime is diffused, or to be poor and so unable to cause legal trouble for police officers. Police is also more active in urban areas.

Due to a series of socio-economic factors this usually means that a large part of the victims of questionable or criminal police conduct are black. There's also a long, painful history of racism in the United States, and of course racism is far from over. So I understand WHY the completely racialized narrative has taken hold. The problem is that by adopting a completely racialized narrative you're approaching the problem with at best a bias towards reinforcing your narrative.

But it's actually relatively easy to find examples when it's hard to argue that racial factors were an issue.

There are many issues with the American justice system which are more about lack of accountability for officers and prosecutors, the system screwing over poor, disenfranchised people, violations of civil rights being excused or glossed over (like in the cases of civil forfeiture), the failures and excesses of the War on Drugs, private prisons, over-reliance on questionable witness statements, over-incarceration, overly draconian punishments, a system which doesn't offer much in terms of rehabilitation, lack of opportunities for people who have served their sentences, overly strict interpretation of laws (like prosecuting teenagers as sexual offender for having consensual sex with other teens), etc.

And yes, the effects of a flawed system which is more about filling prisons and getting votes for being "tough on crime" than about protecting people's rights and reducing crime, and of law enforcement officials covering their asses are disproportionately felt by those who can't hire good lawyers, can't afford class actions, aren't interviewed by the papers and live in areas which politicians deem unworthy of their attention. Everywhere in the world this means poor people, especially those who live in areas with high levels of crime. In the US this means that there's a visible racial component to those issues. Denying this would be dumb. But the racial narrative isn't, and shouldn't be thought of as, the end of everything.

But the SJWs for the most part don't seem to care about those issues. In some cases (like the infamous college kangaroo courts) the SocJus actually actively makes things WORSE in the name of "absolute justice". I've seen lots of libertarians caring more about the rights of the accused than most SJWs, or caring more about reducing the powers of prosecutors and law enforcement officers than most SJWs.

Kamala Harris, a SocJus darling, is very "tough on crime", very much pro-Drug War, and very much in favor of maintaining and expanding the power of prosecutors. The SocJus is really "tough" on any allegation of sexual misconduct, to the point of some SocJus fans dismissing presumption of innocence as "nonsense".

I remember when I had a discussion with a Pharyngula fan about how making law enforcement less militarized might reduce police shootings, and the reply was along the lines that he didn't care about law enforcement being militarized as long as they stopped "killing black people". :bjarte:

By focusing ONLY on the racial aspects the SocJus risks actually DELAYING police reforms, by turning them into a politically identitarian issue and a performative social media and protest act.
Racism is really a side issue. Culture is the major factor in US racial inequities. First generation PoC in the US are far more successful than Afro Americans and successive generations tend to fail to the degree that they integrate into mainstream black culture. IMO, if I've read you correctly, you tend to put the cart before the horse when it comes to the causal relationship between culture and civic values/governance. The major failure of SocJus is that it mis-identifies the causes of inequality and utterly fractures society in the attempt to hammer square pegs into round holes. Legislative solutions need to be colour blind, focussing on disadvantage regardless of colour, as that might be able to lift people up by addressing the root causes without racial sensibilities getting in the way.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

[img.]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... MoVMyhS22d[/img]
I’ll bet you $5 that for the West, social scorecards will happen in what passes for liberal democracies well before we get this:

Both the SocJus and the alt-right would be delighted to have social scorecards, if they were the ones in change of the score.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Yesterday, NBC got a Coast Guard soldier pulled from a hurricane broadcast because he was in the background scratching his cheek -- his fingers allegedly made the white power gesture.

Yesterday, Linux adopted a code of conduct pushed by that bigotted tranny shitstorm Coraline Ada Ehmke. Linus himself apologized for being a bad boy and is taking time off to learn how to be a better person. Fucking justice warriors have gotten their hooks into the crown jewel of FOSS, Linux.

Today we learn this:

https://i.imgur.com/HgCY0gL.png

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... f-cheating

Civilization is tanking hard and fast from terminal silliness :shock:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Racism is really a side issue. Culture is the major factor in US racial inequities. First generation PoC in the US are far more successful than Afro Americans and successive generations tend to fail to the degree that they integrate into mainstream black culture.
I think that wealth and education level of parents and peers has also lot to do with sub-cultural differences.
IMO, if I've read you correctly, you tend to put the cart before the horse when it comes to the causal relationship between culture and civic values/governance.
There's a feedback process between the two. Cultures promote laws and institutions that create situations which shape cultures and sub-cultures. Talking about one without the other doesn't make much sense, and changing cultures is a long process, which is started by pushing for institutional changes.
The major failure of SocJus is that it mis-identifies the causes of inequality and utterly fractures society in the attempt to hammer square pegs into round holes. Legislative solutions need to be colour blind, focussing on disadvantage regardless of colour, as that might be able to lift people up by addressing the root causes without racial sensibilities getting in the way.
I agree that institutional solutions need to be color blind, and aimed at fixing concrete, definable issues rather "teaching people how not be racist". Addressing racial sensibilities needs to be done within the color-blind frame, acknowledging race disparities but pointing at common solutions, not through identitarian lenses. But of course that's not very rewarding electorally.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

That's wonderfully clever. Seeing how social media has turned us all into occupants of a Skinner Box, pecking away compulsively for likes (I read once the description 'Facebook has weaponized our serotonin levels for commercial gain'), the clever, clever Chinese follow through logically. Not just social media is about 'likes' anymore - it's your whole life. And these likes don't just make you feel good, they give you an advantage in a very competitive society. You get ahead by conforming. Wait for v.2.0, already though beta in the pre-digital era, where you can inflict downvotes on your competition by snitching on them. They really do deserve to take over the planet, and I hope I'm not around to see what it looks like.

John D

Post by John D »

TheMudbrooker wrote:

“Let’s tear this world apart and build a better one.” Why does that sound familiar? Oh yeah, the Sarloth Sar School of Nation Building.Pol Pot2.jpg
I really hate the fact that I know the politics of these Hollywood cunts. I have a lot of respect for Hathaway's performance in Les Mis. She was one of the few standouts (as was Redmane). Now, every time I see her on film I will be reminded of what a commie twat she is. This happens so often now it is pissing me off.

My daughter and I were at an art fair last weekend. There was some "art" with movie stars and she said something like "Oh, that's Emma Watson... I am such a huge fan of her." And I said "Yeah, she alright till she open her stupid mouth." Haha. I am destined to live in a house where all the bitches hate my political views.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

They can fuck right off with their sharir law.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:49 am

Those comments... jeez.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:

I predict now that sharp reporters will discover this show is opposed by nazis, sexists, white supremacists, homophobes and haters.
Amazing that this useless hulk can get a TV show made of her drivel.

Amazing that she'll continue to bemoan how oppressed she is for being both a fatty and a womyn.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

shoutinghorse wrote: Why didn't the sheik want to show his face? :violence-blades:
Because he told the chicken who crossed the road he wouldn't.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

They're willing to talk to him, but not have a conversation, much less a debate. He also did hardly any real criticizing of Islam, which surely would not have left them so courteous.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

They're willing to talk to him, but not have a conversation, much less a debate. He also did hardly any real criticizing of Islam, which surely would not have left them so courteous.

free thoughtpolice

It's all bullshit. Facial recognition software could never work in China because they all look alike. :rimshot:

free thoughtpolice

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:06 pm

All the usual suspects are absolutely pissed about this

I see one of three things happening:

1. It's clear that there are secrets there that Trump should have not have declassified, if so, a terrible look for Trump, especially before midterms

2. It's clear that there are secrets there that do not put the US at risk if they are declassified, if so, a poor look for the usual suspects

3. It's a big nothing burger, if so, a poor look for the usual suspects

As soon as someone published them, we will know immediately.

Releasing these documents should shed a ton of light on the claims that the FBI and FISA court abused the FISA warrant process.

It's hard for me to understand at this point, in this particular case, how declassifying this material does anything but aid the public, but we shall see!
From what is already publicly known about Carter Page there is plenty of reason for his being investigated. From Wikipedia:
In 1998, Page joined the Eurasia Group, a strategy consulting firm, but left three months later. In 2017, Eurasia Group president Ian Bremmer recalled on his Twitter feed that Page's strong pro-Russian stance was "not a good fit" for the firm and that Page was its "most wackadoodle" alumnus.[21] Stephen Sestanovich later described Page's foreign-policy views as having "an edgy Putinist resentment" and a sympathy to Russian leader Vladimir Putin's criticisms of the United States.[2] Over time, Page became increasingly critical of United States foreign policy toward Russia, and more supportive of Putin, with a United States official describing Page as "a brazen apologist for anything Moscow did".[4] Page is frequently quoted by Russian state television, where he is presented as a "famous American economist".[3]

In August 2013, Page wrote, "Over the past half year, I have had the privilege to serve as an informal advisor to the staff of the Kremlin in preparation for their Presidency of the G-20 Summit next month, where energy issues will be a prominent point on the agenda."[22] Page described his role differently in 2018: "I sat in on some meetings, but to call me an advisor is way over the top."[23] Also in 2013, Russian intelligence operatives attempted to recruit Page, and one described him as enthusiastic about business opportunities in Russia but an "idiot".[2][20] News accounts in 2017 indicated that because of these ties to Russia, Page had been the subject of a warrant pursuant to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) in 2014, at least two years earlier than was indicated in the stories concerning his role in the 2016 Presidential campaign of Donald Trump.[24][2
As noted, he already had a FISA warrant issued to investigate him in 2014, well before Trump announced his run for office. This is a publicity stunt by Trump to try and cast suspicion on the legal process and if and when there is no improper action discovered he will claim there was and his gullible supporters and his gang of stooges at Fox News and the House will lap it up like a cat with a bowl of catnip laced milk.
They are still making the false claim that the Russia probe was launched by the Steele dossier when the declassified documents showed clearly that it was begun much when the Aussie diplomat disclosed that a drunken Papadopolous disclosed that the Russian government were attempting (at least) to interfere in the election.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

It's all bullshit. Facial recognition software could never work in China because they all look alike. :rimshot:
Doesn't that just prove you are not an AI?

OK, not as smart as an AI, but we all need friends, right?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Is 'Hate the sin, but love the sinner' a concept beyond acceptance these days? I've never heard of this comedian, but he seems to have been damned for simply expressing sympathy towards a couple of people stripped of personhood for their wrongthink. I hadn't heard of Ms Gadsby either outside the Pit, but she chimes in with a nonsensical tweet:
Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 4.32.32 PM.png
(51.47 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Presumably she implies there is a world in which people such as herself have only heard of others when they have commented about them. That seems to be the triply-distilled essence of narcissistic solipsism. Let us not make her head explode by asking how she had heard of those she has commented upon. We must be kind to the weak and feeble.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

screwtape wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:39 am
Is 'Hate the sin, but love the sinner' a concept beyond acceptance these days? I've never heard of this comedian, but he seems to have been damned for simply expressing sympathy towards a couple of people stripped of personhood for their wrongthink. I hadn't heard of Ms Gadsby either outside the Pit, but she chimes in with a nonsensical tweet:

Presumably she implies there is a world in which people such as herself have only heard of others when they have commented about them. That seems to be the triply-distilled essence of narcissistic solipsism. Let us not make her head explode by asking how she had heard of those she has commented upon. We must be kind to the weak and feeble.
> I hadn't heard of Ms Gadsby either outside the Pit, but she chimes in with a nonsensical tweet:

Kilstein's article was poorly written.

In fairness to Gadsby, I believe she was responding to a remark Macdonald had made about her where he was asked what he thought of her show and he said he hadn't seen it, but from the description it seemed more like a one man show than a comedy.

What Kilstein fails to mention, what almost no one mentions (so it just may be I am wrong) was that the line Macdonald said that got him in hot water was an ironic punchline that was certainly a joke, but that the reporters reported on as if he were serious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 22be005230
“There are very few people that have gone through what they have, losing everything in a day,” said Macdonald, referring to C.K. and Barr. “Of course, people will go, ‘What about the victims?’ But you know what? The victims didn’t have to go through that.”

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

screwtape wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:39 am

> I hadn't heard of Ms Gadsby either outside the Pit, but she chimes in with a nonsensical tweet:

Kilstein's article was poorly written.

In fairness to Gadsby, I believe she was responding to a remark Macdonald had made about her where he was asked what he thought of her show and he said he hadn't seen it, but from the description it seemed more like a one man show than a comedy.

What Kilstein fails to mention, what almost no one mentions (so it just may be I am wrong) was that the line Macdonald said that got him in hot water was an ironic punchline that was certainly a joke, but that the reporters reported on as if he were serious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 22be005230
“There are very few people that have gone through what they have, losing everything in a day,” said Macdonald, referring to C.K. and Barr. “Of course, people will go, ‘What about the victims?’ But you know what? The victims didn’t have to go through that.”

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

feathers wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:49 am

https..://youtu.be/g-d74jEHeVU
Those comments... jeez.
Why you no “¡Arriba España!“ ?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Why you no “¡Arriba España!“ ?

Thomas Jefferson wrote: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Why you no post to Ethno-thread 2 recently?

John D

Post by John D »

Anderson Cooper accurately reporting the news of flood conditions in a ditch. This is an older photo... not from recent flooding as indicated in the file name.
CNN-florence-cooper-flood1-720x540.jpg
(77.48 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: Anderson Cooper accurately reporting the news of flood conditions in a ditch. This is an older photo... not from recent flooding as indicated in the file name.CNN-florence-cooper-flood1-720x540.jpg
Don't sink to his level John - I think he's ready to start mud-slinging.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Why you no “¡Arriba España!“ ?
Thomas Jefferson wrote: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Why you no post to Ethno-thread 2 recently?
I did. Yesterday. Why you no thank me for responding to your question on ANZAC?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: I did. Yesterday. Why you no thank me for responding to your question on ANZAC?
Still pondering it.

It may take a while to fully process.
Chippendale-Mupp.png
(60.68 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Interesting 50 odd page report from the data society on Alternative Influences on YouTube and the altright.

https://datasociety.net/wp-content/uplo ... luence.pdf

She sidesteps the issue of mixing everybody not SJW into “far right” by focusing on a web of guest appearances (which apparently removes any need for individual distinctions). She is also strongly pitching for YouTube’s culpability for the altrights existance and the requirement for censorship.

All dressed up in an academic-lite structure with pages of endnotes and the mandatory thank you to the supportive family.

http://i.imgur.com/IOdg2Tv.jpg

Id appreciate it if someone could explain her colour comment about “closeness”. I assume she just counted the lines?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Given you can’t actually follow the lines, I’d have thought an old school ranking table would have worked.

But what would I know?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Another egregious example of censorship...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qRm-XvaYGk

US Gov better check themselves before they Reich themselves...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: Interesting 50 odd page report from the data society on Alternative Influences on YouTube and the altright.

She sidesteps the issue of mixing everybody not SJW into “far right” by focusing on a web of guest appearances (which apparently removes any need for individual distinctions). She is also strongly pitching for YouTube’s culpability for the altrights existance and the requirement for censorship.

All dressed up in an academic-lite structure with pages of endnotes and the mandatory thank you to the supportive family.

[IM..G]http://i.imgur.com/IOdg2Tv.jpg[/IMG]

Id appreciate it if someone could explain her colour comment about “closeness”. I assume she just counted the lines?
Responses are flowing.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Oh, for fuck's sake!!! Shirtless Jesus again?!?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Brive1987 wrote: Interesting 50 odd page report from the data society on Alternative Influences on YouTube and the altright.

http://i.imgur.com/IOdg2Tv.jpg

Poor Gad Saad did not make the cut. I don't see him on the chart.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Well, technically he's wearing a shirt this time, but you know what I mean.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Oh, for fuck's sake!!! Shirtless Jesus again?!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzMjGbSoTj4

free thoughtpolice

Either Brive has a crush on this guy or thinks that this weirdo is some kind of guru. Puzzling. :think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Driftless wrote:

[IMG]h..ttp://i.imgur.com/IOdg2Tv.jpg[/IMG]

Poor Gad Saad did not make the cut. I don't see him on the chart.
It’s like Jadehawk redux.

It’s also claimed to have discovered the largest pipe-laying project since PZs post octopus dump.

Phil. This man is integral to the Fascist Alternative Influencer Network. Be kind, or you may pay.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Either Brive has a crush on this guy or thinks that this weirdo is some kind of guru. Puzzling. :think:
http://i.imgur.com/tZK06h7.jpg

I hope the inclusion of Sargon’s response didn’t make for a three way kinky obsession. Anyways.

The point here is not to promote my nazi overlords but to highlight an interesting piece of SJ analysis (oxymoron?) which overlaps Kibs (allegedly) lib pipelaying pitch all of which could threaten unapproved political discussion online. An escalation in the recent brigading wars.

So there.

free thoughtpolice

I have trouble figuring which of these two is creepier, Winters or Carrier.