Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Ape+lust »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: If possible, I would like to not see bare-chest Jesus ever again.

Someone buy this guy a t-shirt.
Oddly, he has an affliction that keeps him chronically cold. He once went under-dressed to a school outing and it chilled his core and reset his metabolism, or something. It's the reason he wears the leather jacket. But it doesn't explain his bare-chestedness, which, as doctors would say, is contra-indicated for his condition.

Maybe he enjoys the feel of leather on his nipples. Or maybe he likes routines and shirtless is what he's always done, the same way he always drinks from a glass mug with a teaspoon in it.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ape+lust wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: If possible, I would like to not see bare-chest Jesus ever again.

Oddly, he has an affliction that keeps him chronically cold. He once went under-dressed to a school outing and it chilled his core and reset his metabolism, or something. It's the reason he wears the leather jacket. But it doesn't explain his bare-chestedness, which, as doctors would say, is contra-indicated for his condition.
Maybe he enjoys the feel of leather on his nipples. Or maybe he likes routines and shirtless is what he's always done, the same way he always drinks from a glass mug with a teaspoon in it.
Having seen that a lot of the alt right women like Goldy and Southern being exposed as trannies, and lately Owen Schroyer being exposed for his gender hopping, It makes me think that the bare chested prophet is FTM trans that really likes showing off xir now manly :lol: chest. His speech and mannerisms are really effeminate too. I think it calls for another transvestigation.
Speaking of alt right "women". I'v always wondered about the Adam's apple on this one.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ape+lust wrote:

When I lived in Yorkshire many moons ago there was a guy who worked in the QA lab who, in the middle of winter, would put the air conditioning on full and then wear a body warmer gloves and woolly hat. When challenged as to this madness he would exclaim (in full Yorkshire) "I like to be warm in mesen but air araand me to be coald"

Some people are just fucking oddballs.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Guest_00a94281 wrote: Now shes whining about how she doesn’t get invited on JoCos booze and cruise as a free guest.
Maybe less whiny self investment and alcoholism and more do anything else with your life? Maybe they heard how she was regularly paralytic on the first TAM cruise and had to be cleaned up after every night by KittyNH after swilling down the free drinks, or not paying bar tab at Skeptic Oz.
Maybe cheating on the ex who still works with myth busters has led to a subtle distancing by the in crowd who smell a social climbing rat.
Mystery.
Anyone read her speech on Patreon?
She followed her "I wuz a STAR" harrumph with this:

https://i.imgur.com/HQta3lG.png

Rebecca has never lacked chutzpah, but blaming atheists for her fixation takes a staggering amount of nerve. 7 YEARS of snickering and eye-rolling couldn't stop her determination to hork up that Dear Muslima tune again and again. The only thing that slowed her was the speaking invitations drying up.

Her night at W00tstock in 2016 was a momentous event, a return to public speaking after 2 years. What topic did she choose to break her silence?

It only takes a minute to find out... as if it's a mystery. She'll be doing this well into her 40s, and Peez will always want us murdered for making her do it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

On the loss of Sweden's national soul:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/09/06/sw ... olkhemmet/

free thoughtpolice

AndrewV69 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:32 pm
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:01 pm
Probably consumers of gay canoes. :snooty:
Oh Reilly?

Coincidentally, I was at a resort on the central coast and we checked out a lake where the resort owner had left a canoe. The canoe had been totally destroyed by a bear (not me inb4 you guise). The moral of the story, don't get fish slime on the floor of your watercaft in bear country.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Having seen that a lot of the alt right women like Goldy and Southern being exposed as trannies, and lately Owen Schroyer being exposed for his gender hopping, It makes me think that the bare chested prophet is FTM trans that really likes showing off xir now manly :lol: chest. His speech and mannerisms are really effeminate too. I think it calls for another transvestigation.
Speaking of alt right "women". I'v always wondered about the Adam's apple on this one.

I felt up Ann Coulter on a camping trip when we were teenagers. She hasn't aged well, but she was a girl back then.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Speaking of alt right "women". I'v always wondered about the Adam's apple on this one.

She's always hidden in plain sight.

You're not fooling anyone, Annie. Snootchie bootchies!

https://i.imgur.com/yZwayaz.jpg

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ape+lust wrote:
Guest_00a94281 wrote: Now shes whining about how she doesn’t get invited on JoCos booze and cruise as a free guest.
Maybe less whiny self investment and alcoholism and more do anything else with your life? Maybe they heard how she was regularly paralytic on the first TAM cruise and had to be cleaned up after every night by KittyNH after swilling down the free drinks, or not paying bar tab at Skeptic Oz.
Maybe cheating on the ex who still works with myth busters has led to a subtle distancing by the in crowd who smell a social climbing rat.
Mystery.

Rebecca has never lacked chutzpah, but blaming atheists for her fixation takes a staggering amount of nerve. 7 YEARS of snickering and eye-rolling couldn't stop her determination to hork up that Dear Muslima tune again and again. The only thing that slowed her was the speaking invitations drying up.

Her night at W00tstock in 2016 was a momentous event, a return to public speaking after 2 years. What topic did she choose to break her silence?

It only takes a minute to find out... as if it's a mystery. She'll be doing this well into her 40s, and Peez will always want us murdered for making her do it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NS-48KLvdU
Guest_00a94281 wrote:
I'd forgotten about that WootStock talk she did, it reminds me of the 'Reginald' stand up she did where people are laughing out of embarrassment mixed with pity. It's hardly surprising she doesn't get invited to speak any more. Ironically if you watch some of her earlier stuff when she was with Sid and before Elevatorgate she's not half as snarky and concentrated more on scepticism around religion and pseudoscience. Her carpool with the Red Dwarf actor Robert Llewellyn springs to mind, she actually comes across as quite level headed in that.

As for Guest's point, I think there is definitely something in that, she certainly doesn't seem to get the invites to the cool events like she did when she was in with the 'In Crowd' She was very pally with Norm Chan (Tested) & his wife Danica before she got jiggy jiggy with her current beau, she rarely mentions them now. Actually if you notice the date of this WootStock vid it must have been around this time when she started cheating on Adam, if not then it was certainly soon after. I hope Apple Tech's credit card is worth the loss of inclusion.

free thoughtpolice

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Didn't she also get a proof-reading job in England through her contacts? There was also that writing gig that she just stopped bothering with. The landscape around her must be full of the charcoaled remains of bridges previously burnt. There's probably plenty of people with not much nice to say about her - but I doubt there's much of an organised conspiracy to thwart her at every turn.

I think it's a little unfair of her to credit atheists as perpetrators of the 'online hate' though - I'm sure that anyone that got to know her would feel the same way.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Narcissists have a well-developed ability to make any given subject about them, usually framing themselves as a victim. Now Becky is telling everyone she's a victim because her reputation was built on the fact she's a victim. You can't make it up.

Watson really is nothing without harassment. She created that very legend. The constant Skepchick op-eds and page-o'hate. Once she stopped trying to be science playmate of the month, it was all she had left.

She's a fucking useless grifter and everyone knows it. That's the reason the invites dried up.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

BoxNDox wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Burt Reynolds now. I'll never watch Striptease the same way again.
It you haven't already, you should read the book. Striptease the movie is OK, kinda sorta, but the book is funny in a way the movie should be but isn't.

After years of covering Florida crime and corruption for the Miami Herald, nobody does stupidity quite like Carl Hiaasen.

Then again, I liked Sharkey's Machine back in the day, so what do I know?
I love the Hiaasen novels. They reminded me a bit of Alistair Maclean, in the way that they were really good but they kind of blend into one.

free thoughtpolice

More on Styxennippleslinger666

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I should add (sorry for post spam) that Reynolds played the only character in Striptease that really felt like a Carl Hiaasen creation. Everyone else was a little off, even if Demi Moore looked amazing.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Burt Reynolds was a great actor, but why oh why did he think he could do light comedy?

He was great at sleaze, and slapstick stuff like Cannonball Run, but I think he wanted to be Cary Grant.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Ape+lust wrote:

I've never bothered to watch this guy's stuff for more than a couple of minutes. Probably just me hearing a US accent , but I was amused at the way he says the word "Patreon" in the first minute of this one, so it sounds like it could be something out of Star Trek.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:28 pm
I reveal that I am misogynist:

That was most excellent. I can't imagine that there will be any reply, especially considering that there really isn't any good one.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:03 am
Ape+lust wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:58 am
shoutinghorse wrote: It's almost as if they deliberately want to alienate half their customer base. Great business model. :clap:

https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/statu ... 1033984000
Gawd, what chumps.

Get woke, go broke. Just do it :lol:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:32 pm
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:01 pm
Probably consumers of gay canoes. :snooty:
Oh Reilly?

Coincidentally, I was at a resort on the central coast and we checked out a lake where the resort owner had left a canoe. The canoe had been totally destroyed by a bear (not me inb4 you guise). The moral of the story, don't get fish slime on the floor of your watercaft in bear country.
Or just keep a territorial, badass cat to protect it...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

SM1957 wrote: Burt Reynolds was a great actor, but why oh why did he think he could do light comedy?

He was great at sleaze, and slapstick stuff like Cannonball Run, but I think he wanted to be Cary Grant.
I tried to find the trailer to 'Rough Cut' from 1980 that makes the Cary Grant comparison explicit (though not in the way Mr Grant would have appreciated) - but found this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uub03jWASWQ

Which looks to be much more entertaining...

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Watch out for coyotes. But only some coyotes.

XWU0LbG68HCrQi7s0Rae7xcJK_CbfFfqV-GqGvRjjYM.jpg
(127.69 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
XWU0LbG68HCrQi7_CbfFfqV-GqGvRjjYM (1).jpg
(101.96 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

I've never bothered to watch this guy's stuff for more than a couple of minutes. Probably just me hearing a US accent , but I was amused at the way he says the word "Patreon" in the first minute of this one, so it sounds like it could be something out of Star Trek.

I tried to guess how he'd pronounce it but was nowhere near. What an absolute fucking bellend! :lol:

free thoughtpolice

Styxenipslipper is even more of a goof than I thought. Just the sort of source you might want to get your straight factual news from. :roll:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I assumed it was a Vermont affectation. But seriously, any suggestion that Styx is, in anyway, nazi leaning is ridiculous. Not an argument you’d want to make.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: I assumed it was a Vermont affectation. But seriously, any suggestion that Styx is, in anyway, nazi leaning is ridiculous. Not an argument you’d want to make.
So you agree with what xe says in the first 1:40 of the I am not an anti-semite thing? It sounds to me like holocaust denial thing to me.

free thoughtpolice

Brive: the future culture of australia if you're lucky:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive: the future culture of australia if you're lucky:
Just had a Nobel prize winner critique me on twatter - disturbingly he came across as a donkey.

He opened with a “never let religion stand in the way of lib sex ed. I responded with a pic of students at an “Aussie” Islamic school and a “good luck”. He responded with a “what’s the harm of a good religious education and hijab associated dress code?” :bjarte:

I actually hope he comes back with a withering rebuttal that puts me back into my pleb place.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive: the future culture of australia if you're lucky:
Excellent lyrics.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: More on Styxennippleslinger666
“Of course death camps existed”

But tell me, was this a 1 min google search or did you power thru to the 3 min mark?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Styxenipslipper is even more of a goof than I thought. Just the sort of source you might want to get your straight factual news from. :roll:
As I’m learning from the good professor. Informed knowledge is, for most people, a silo’ed quality. Which is why a history degree should be a pre-req for any stem wanna-be.

I don’t watch his Occult series. Or his gardening videos.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Still you can’t beat MSM. Story is that CNN had an article written, subbed and published within 2 mins of the twitter release that Alex Jones had been silenced.

If true, that is amazing zeal and efficiency. :bjarte:

free thoughtpolice

Alahu akbar X 72
Death to Bogans X40
Australia belongs to Allah! X7
Return Australia to the Abos as soon as they submit to Allah.
verse one of he lyrics

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really? You’re not pulling my leg?

Omg. :shock: :o

free thoughtpolice

As I’m learning from the good professor. Informed knowledge is, for most people, a silo’ed quality. Which is why a history degree should be a pre-req for any stem wanna-be.

So a STEM wanna-be should listen to a crossdressing ex satanist now occultist that flirts with holocaust deniers?
You have lost it Brive.

free thoughtpolice

This is what you want Australia to be but it won't be.

The dimbos like Faith and Lauren and the gurus like that cross dressing satanist/occultist weirdo you've recently adopted won't save the trad paradise you want to hold on to. Get a grip.We all have to live with change.

free thoughtpolice

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Ape+lust wrote:
Mystery.

Oh FFS. That talk. And the tweet. The fucking atheist community made a big deal out of this stupid bitch, and her elevator discomfort, and the horrible evil trolls who were attacking her, and now she is spinning herself as the victim of that concern?!

The reason the atheist community didn't value twatson was because she was a shallow intellect with a plain face who had two modes of affect: flat and cynically sarcastic. This fucking idiot had a degree in communication and the best she could do was to larp as a real life version of MTV's Daria, and set up some shitty quiz show at conferences. Does she seriously think she's owed an apology because no one wanted that?!

Bitch, the reason you get the vibe that you are "nothing without a man harassing you" is because your victim narrative was the only thing about you that was ever actually relevant to anyone. You got plenty of free publicity you could have used if you were talented, but instead you are lazy, stupid, boring, and narcissistic. No one in the "atheist community" (whatever the fuck that is in 2018) gives a fuck about you because you suck.

Why not fuck off and go drink somewhere where the rest of us don't have to listen to your whinging?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

So a STEM wanna-be should listen to a crossdressing ex satanist now occultist that flirts with holocaust deniers?
You have lost it Brive.
I actually said someone seeking a stem-trade certificate should first get a history degree. :mrgreen:

Why do you think I’d say that eh?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Styxenipslipper is even more of a goof than I thought. Just the sort of source you might want to get your straight factual news from. :roll:

Not to knock history, but yours doesn't seem to have helped you.

Maybe history wannabes should take more STEM to help them stay rooted in reality. It seems to be the trend that people in the humanities get swept off their feet by radical ideologies and end up flying off to la la land.

:lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:lol: I’ll give you a solid B+

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Rebecca Watson makes a good point that if you regard people as being nothing more than victims of the system, you dehumanize and degrade them and rob them of their value as people.

As the entire SJW movement is based on the idea that people are to be regarded first and foremost as victims of patriarchy, sexism, racism, misogyny, sexual harrassment, gender pay gaps, microagrressions and slavery, Watson will not be popular with them for telling them she does not want to be regarded as nothing more than a woman sexually harrassed by a man.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: <snip>

Maybe history wannabes should take more STEM to help them stay rooted in reality. It seems to be the trend that people in the humanities get swept off their feet by radical ideologies and end up flying off to la la land.

Indeed. Seems to be the worst failing of many in the humanties. Despite exhibiting maybe commendable levels of "physics envy", many don't quite seem to get the idea that theories & hypothesis are a dime-a-dozen, and that one has to prove them, not accept them as gospel. Physics & the like seem rooted in an acceptance of the facts and their cause-and-effect relationship; many in the humanities seem to start from a denial of them.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
Keating wrote: Pretty good review, book sounds interesting:
https://quillette.com/2018/09/06/the-sy ... diversity/
Reading the book. It's like an intellectual version of the Pit. Very, very good, and very depressing. It's the book Ol' Kirbo needs to read to understand in part why places he said should just work on changing cultural attitudes will turn everywhere into Swiss Heaven is bullshit, and why the UK and other Yurpean countries are so fucked. But he won't.
Looks to be a worthwhile read, both the book & the review. ICYMI, something along the same line from a brief article in the WSJ, Europe’s Leaders Need a New Way of Talking About Immigration by a researcher at the LSE; a salient quote:
The most visceral discussions in my focus groups centered on integration—an even pricklier topic than border control. Politicians must acknowledge that deeply segregated communities can become volatile and even ungovernable over time. They also need to recognize the need for investments in social and economic integration, such as language skills, employment networks, and education on civics, rights and responsibilities. Forgoing these investments could mean forgoing many of immigration’s benefits. European governments need to be clear: Migrants will be given every opportunity to succeed—so long as expectations of citizenship are upheld.
But you probably won't be surprised to note that nowhere in the article is there even an oblique allusion to the 1000-lb elephant in the living room, the manifest fact that the most problematic of those "deeply segregated communities" are in fact Muslims. Probably why "Ol' Kirbo" is reluctant to engage with your challenges, or to offer anything more than bromides as solutions.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:30 am
BTW, the author of the book review above has an interesting history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Dale
Ran across an article I thought you might be interested in ... ;-)

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/art ... r-families

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Steersman wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: <snip>

Indeed. Seems to be the worst failing of many in the humanties. Despite exhibiting maybe commendable levels of "physics envy", many don't quite seem to get the idea that theories & hypothesis are a dime-a-dozen, and that one has to prove them, not accept them as gospel. Physics & the like seem rooted in an acceptance of the facts and their cause-and-effect relationship; many in the humanities seem to start from a denial of them.
“Humanities”. Now that’s a blighted concept. At Sydney University gender studies has been shoehorned into an awkward faculty partnership with history, archaeology, philosophy and the classics. Probably best to be more specific in your criticism.

I’m also assuming you are across the distinction between the importance of history as a professional field and the value of learning to “do” history as a student.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That said I am in a historical purgatory right now. My next paper is on “To what extent did the supply and movement of armies change across recorded history”.

Ie logistics. :hankey:

I am staring warily at a pile of journal articles that need considered interrogation. So far I have discovered there are five seperate models for “living off the land”.

I did get an HD for the last effort looking at the debate surrounding the dynamic of a hoplite phalanx “push”. I managed to avoid using the movie “300” largely because of the ambiguity of applying Chicago style citation to that cool bit where the Spartans are pushed back before locking in, feet in sand ....

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>
“Humanities”. Now that’s a blighted concept. At Sydney University gender studies has been shoehorned into an awkward faculty partnership with history, archaeology, philosophy and the classics. Probably best to be more specific in your criticism.
The term certainly covers a lot of ground, much of it swampy at best and pitted with pools of quicksand. Recollect an article in The Chronical of Higher Education titled The Intellectual War on Science by Pinker that's of some relevance:
Diagnoses of the malaise of the humanities rightly point to anti-intellectual trends in our culture and to the commercialization of universities. But an honest appraisal would have to acknowledge that some of the damage is self-inflicted. The humanities have yet to recover from the disaster of postmodernism, with its defiant obscurantism, self-refuting relativism, and suffocating political correctness. Many of its luminaries — Nietzsche, Heidegger, Foucault, Lacan, Derrida, the Critical Theorists — are morose cultural pessimists who declare that modernity is odious, all statements are paradoxical, works of art are tools of oppression, liberal democracy is the same as fascism, and Western civilization is circling the drain.
Now behind a paywall but you might have ready access to it, and I saved a PDF if anyone is interested.

But you might want to check out a post of mine at Medium - Horns of a Dilemma: Tyrannies of the Subjective and Objective Narratives - that quotes the article, if I recollect correctly, and that addresses that "thesis" in more depth.
Brive1987 wrote: I’m also assuming you are across the distinction between the importance of history as a professional field and the value of learning to “do” history as a student.
"Across"? As in athwart - "so as to be perverse or contradictory"?

In any case, certainly think there's quite a bit of value in history. Think there's even some value in postmodernism, at least in the view that words themselves are socially constructed - where else do they come from? But a few tweets of mine that I think more or less proves my case. ;-)

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

SM1957 wrote: Rebecca Watson makes a good point that if you regard people as being nothing more than victims of the system, you dehumanize and degrade them and rob them of their value as people.

As the entire SJW movement is based on the idea that people are to be regarded first and foremost as victims of patriarchy, sexism, racism, misogyny, sexual harrassment, gender pay gaps, microagrressions and slavery, Watson will not be popular with them for telling them she does not want to be regarded as nothing more than a woman sexually harrassed by a man.
People don't necessarily fail when their ideas don't correspond to reality (See Scientology). They fail when unable to convince others to follow them. R Watson and P Myers make shitty victims; people see through them. They invested heavily in the junk bonds of victimology and were never able to dump them. PZ is still hawking the narrative of racist, misogynistic atheism.

Basically, they got on the train going nowhere and never got off.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

That peculiar feeling where you're shocked but not surprised.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

She would win a Reg Vardy lookalike competition.
Attachments
reg vardy.jpg
(80.78 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Reg Varney

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Close enough, bit like her gender. ;)

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote: Close enough, bit like her gender. ;)
I think this is the Reg Varney look Karen White was going for
Attachments
bestpair01.jpg
(46.73 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Just had a Nobel prize winner critique me on twatter - disturbingly he came across as a donkey.

He opened with a “never let religion stand in the way of lib sex ed. I responded with a pic of students at an “Aussie” Islamic school and a “good luck”. He responded with a “what’s the harm of a good religious education and hijab associated dress code?” :bjarte:

I actually hope he comes back with a withering rebuttal that puts me back into my pleb place.

Hijabs are, indeed, more than "a dress code", they're a symbol of a revival of religious bigotry. They weren't even as popular as they are now in the 70s and 60s, and especially not on little girls. They're heavily associated to sexuality and to the heavy Madonna-Whore complex within islam, so seeing little girls in hjiabs is more than a little creepy (to make it to a Christian equivalent, it'd be more than a little creepy to see girls this little being told that sex has to wait until marriage). Especially since many islamic "scholars" actually justify child marriage.

Doherty, if he were a coherent secularist, should be the first to criticize the creepy influence of islam in the lives of women, and to question the role of religious education in general, and of the messages taught by muslim religious schools in particular.

The reluctance to criticize islam as heavily as one criticizes Christianity, along with a lot of ignorance about the extent of the authoritarian and sexually predatorial nature of muslim standards, is one of the worst parts of the Western Left. Doherty's reluctance to criticize islam as much as he does to Christianity is very disappointing.

However people like you, who, instead of coherently defending liberal democratic/Enlightenment ideas, blather endlessly about how terrible it is that immigrants are making Australia no longer white, definitely don't help. If it's theocracy and religious authoritarianism that you're worried about all the bullshit about posters in Chinese, or non-white actors playing Shakespeare, or a non-white woman playing Jean D'Arc, or focusing so much on ethnicity in general, or parroting fascist, mystic Russians, or scaremongering about hordes of Africans being whitewashed from the mainstream media, are incredibly counterproductive.

They put you on the side of the racist kooks, even if you're not one of them, and make it EVEN LESS likely than people like Doherty will change their minds about islam. Deep down the leftist reluctance to take on islam is motivated by the fear of bringing fuel to the fire of racism. People like you or Steerzo seem to confirm their fears. Good job, I guess.

You can't bring secularism to muslim immigrant communities if what you're arguing for is White Australia, or "Culturally Anglo" Australia. Unless what you want isn't secularism, but something else. :bjarte:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Before the whole SocJus brouhaha atheists of all stripes were pretty ready to criticize islam. Peezus himself drew Mohammed as a pedophile cow-pig, desecrated a copy of the Qu'ran, and wrote that islam was "damnably bad" in terms of liberal values. It wasn't particularly deep criticism, since PZ has never been a particularly deep thinker or writer, but it was very harsh criticism nonetheless. There was a lot of potential for some secularist movement which wouldn't have pulled punches on islamic backwardness back then.

Even today, after the SocJus has infested secularist outlets, LOTS of people in the left, and especially lots of secularists, would be MUCH more ready to criticize islam if they weren't afraid to give ammunition to racist/xenophobic/alt-right arguments. Indeed the Regressive Left was very much a product of an extreme aversion to anything that might have been "deconstructed" as racism. If your choice of favorite guitarist was considered racist because you didn't include Jimi Hendrix it was inevitable that criticism of islam was going to be associated to White Supremacy.

The problem is that today the alt-righters/racist/xenophobes HAVE co-opted criticism of islam to their ends. They HAVE proven the SocJus right, at least in part. They ARE shitting on liberal democratic values in favor of "tradition". And lots of Youtube skeptic/secularists HAVE veered to the alt-right/Trumpism/the Identitarian Right, at least in part, when challenged by the SocJus (Thunderfoot is an honorable exception). This was a BIG mistake.

The alt-right fuels the SocJus just like the SocJus fuels the alt-right. The real losers are reason and sanity.

Every idiot with a pepe avatar who bleats about how the UK is turning into a Muslim caliphate convinces the Regressive Left that their concerns about criticism of islam being just a "dog whistle" to xenophobia were right. Every Southern video about how France will no longer be France because non-white people walk in the streets of Paris HAS radicalized not only the right-wingers who lap it up, but ALSO the leftists who think that they HAVE to defend everything about islam as "the religion of poor, oppressed POCs". Every dumb, illiberal idea about "muslim bans" has not only stirred up the far-right, but it has ALSO made the Regressives praise the hijab as "feminist", "brave", "revolutionary", etc.

Indeed the whole "SJW/anti-SJW" culture war has become retarded. Both sides work in a very tribal fashion, where everything that the other side hates must be good, because the other side is evil. So anti-SJWs here embrace postmodern religious kooks like Peterson, or Christian supremacists like Faith Goldy, or the alt-right and Generation Identity, because if the SocJus hates them so much, they must be good. Meanwhile the SJWs embrace islam even more, because if the alt-right hates islam so much, islam must be good.

Massive stupidity ensues. You get leftist feminists gushing over hijab barbies, and skeptic secularists slobbering over Christian apologists. :twatson:

It's the binary, Manichean part of the culture wars that is the real enemy. People believe that the other side is The Devil, that they're Trying to Destroy Everything, and so that everything is justified to stop them, and all the people that the other side hates are on the side of the angels.

Needless to say reality is nowhere as simple as this.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Tigzy wrote: That peculiar feeling where you're shocked but not surprised.

As long they are not allowed to use the women's toilets.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Brive1987 wrote:
Y'know I was probably one of the latter people to get into BBC bashing and acknowledge that they have had some excellent journalists in the past and possibly now , but overall standard has dropped and the constant uncritical virtue signalling on their website is so obvious.
Capture.JPG
(54.88 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-45403174

John D

Post by John D »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Y'know I was probably one of the latter people to get into BBC bashing and acknowledge that they have had some excellent journalists in the past and possibly now , but overall standard has dropped and the constant uncritical virtue signalling on their website is so obvious.
Capture.JPG
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-45403174
Haha. The idea behind the hijab etc., is that women should be modest looking. The whole idea centers around women being prevented from "advertising" their sexuality outside marriage. Inside the home... in private... and inside a marriage it's pretty much anything goes.

So... all these totally hot Muslims who look totally fuckable in their hijabs are really breaking the intent of the rules.

This is super interesting to watch. There are many Muslims in the Detroit area and there are thousands of super hot girls wearing head scarves and such. They can't show the skin on their arms, but the can wear sheer tight fitting tops that are actually sexier looking than what typical non-Muslims wear. Many also have really really good makeup. If there is a young woman in the Detroit area that looks like a professional model they are often Muslim.

At least in America I think it is wise to let Muslim women wear hijabs and burkas... whatever. Muslim women in America are pushing the rules so hard that they will find their own power and freedom.

In general, if I see a Muslim women that makes me want to rub my dick on them.... well... they are doing the modesty thing wrong. Haha.

John D

Post by John D »

Muslim Modesty..... you're doing it wrong!
sexy-mermaid-muslim-evening-dresses-hijab.jpg
(32.49 KiB) Downloaded 107 times