Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
Old_ones

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Old_ones »

John D wrote:
Old_ones wrote: The quote you produced also just sounds like shit from a conspiracy kook. Schools aren't "run by either the pharmaceutical companies or the food companies" and being ignorant of the current nutritional research isn't a strong position to operate from if you are trying to sell a diet, even if you think you might have reasons to disregard it in your own case.
Part of the problem is that the "state of the art" in nutrition is mostly complete shit. Nutrition "science" has probably killed more people than the policies of John McCain (haha) by causing obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. The low fat diet push has destroyed my confidence in the science of diet. Really. I don't know what to think most of the time and neither does anyone else.

I was pissed of the other night when some shit-ass company ran a TV ad that stated that "Half of children don't get enough Calcium, and Vitimin C and... blah... blah... blah".... and I shout at the TV bullshit. It is like the government has made claims unsupported by science so companies can sell vitamins and other useless crap.
I can agree that what makes a diet healthy isn't settled, but that doesn't make it any less stupid to come up with conspiracy theories or argue from ignorance. For instance, Gary Taubes was on a Sam Harris podcast talking about diet, and he made a case for a high meat, low carb diet similar to Atkins, but he understood why dieticians often recommend low fat, and was able to argue against their points using evidence from endocrinology. That's far more persuasive than arguing that the field should just be ignored because its all a bunch of propaganda cooked up by corn farmers and big pharma. Additionally, vitamin deficiencies are real, and I'm not convinced you couldn't get one from observing Peterson's steak only diet. If she knew enough about nutrition to convince me that it satisfies a person's daily nutrient needs and that they won't come down with scurvy after a couple months of eating that way, then I would be less inclined to dismiss her.

Here's the Gary Taubes episode, if you are interested:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:27 pm
Excuse my typos. Probably gluten poisoning I'm getting from the beer I'm drinking. I need to switch to alcoholic beverages made from beef. :drool:
You could try Nem Chua and a side of water.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

I don't know who the Jamie is that needs to fuck off, but SJW "comedian" groper Jamie Kilstein of PZ fame has written a piece at Quillette about his reformation.

https://quillette.com/2018/08/31/i-sold ... n-it-back/
I Sold My Soul on Twitter. Now I’m Trying to Win It Back
written by Jamie Kilstein

I didn’t like John McCain’s politics. He supported wars of aggression, and wasn’t nearly as “moderate” in his politics as many claimed. I also thought it was ridiculous that he was called a hero for telling a crazy woman that Barack Obama wasn’t an undercover Arab. If McCain were alive today, I’d still be complaining about him. But he’s not. This week, he died of brain cancer. His family lost a son, father and husband. And ordinary Americans lost a real war hero who refused early release from a North Vietnamese prison unless every man taken in before his capture was released with him.

But you wouldn’t know any of this from my left-wing Twitter feed, which looks like normal-human Twitter did the day U.S. soldiers killed Osama Bin Laden: Macabre celebration, and attacks on anyone who has anything nice to say about McCain. Dear lord, social media has turned us into terrible people.

It wasn’t that long ago that I would have done the same thing. Twitter allows us all to rush to bad decisions and type them out for the world to see. You tweet something about a dead man that you wouldn’t have had the guts to say to his face. It’s like the rush you get when, as a kid, you’d say a bad word out loud in public.

Back in the day when I was (what grandly might be called) a Twitter activist, my life was falling apart. I never thought about the consequences of my Tweets. I never thought that my targets’ families might see what I’d written, or that they may lose their jobs, or that even though we had massive disagreements politically, that these people were still human beings with feelings. All I cared about was getting validation. All I cared about was getting to bask in the negative energy of someone else’s crappy life, so that I didn’t have to confront my own. My marriage is falling apart, but at least I’m not Justine Sacco! I haven’t called my Dad back in weeks, but John McCain’s a dead asshole! Ninety percent of social media is projection.

Fortunately, Troll Twitter doesn’t rule my life anymore: I largely gave it up in 2017, after my crowd turned on me in the aftermath of a public fight centred on my personal life. It ended up being a great decision. I now follow liberals, conservatives, independents, UFC fighters and drunk comedians. I’m exposed to people outside of my bubble, some of whom follow me back—so I take a second to think before writing some mean bullshit just to fit in.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Mongolian music videos are weird.

free thoughtpolice

Old_ones wrote:
If she knew enough about nutrition to convince me that it satisfies a person's daily nutrient needs and that they won't come down with scurvy after a couple months of eating that way, then I would be less inclined to dismiss her.
I assume if you are a relatively healthy young person you can get away with these extreme diets for a quite a while so I would guess it would take time for health problems to show up. I happen to suffer from an autoimmune disease (psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis) and find that goes into remission to some degree when my immune system is fighting something like influenza. Almost like it redirects the energy it uses to attack my body to fight the virus.
Also, I rarely get the flu and cold and when I do they are generally mild and short lasting. Likewise with things like infections on injuries. It could be coincidence, but my psoriasis started to get bad around the same time as I began developing a severe allergy to Yellowjacket hornet stings.
The closest thing to a cure for psoriasis and other autoimmune disorders are taking drugs that (I gather) inhibit the immune system.
If the meat diet really works for Peterson, I wonder if it is not because she is able to exclude food allergies, but is because her diet is starving her immune system into submission. If so, she has a trade off between sending her arthritis into submission and making her more at risk for developing cancer or becoming unable to fight various infections, which are listed as side effects for taking the drugs.
At any rate, I would think the best way to see if and/or how she is benefiting by this diet it would useful if she were to be monitored and tested to see what really is going on. It might benefit medical knowledge or even save her life.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Context: in Chemnitz, after two Middle Eastern men stabbed a German man to death several far-right groups dished out "vigilante justice" by beating up several people of assumed Middle Eastern ancestry.

This is what Brive has to say on what happened:

free thoughtpolice

A bit of an eyeopener reading the tweets below Katie Hopkins. As bad or worse than a lot of the stuff on Stormfront and Daily Stormer I've been researching for Brive.
Also reading the comments on the various youtube "stars" like Stexenchester or Faith Manshee Goldy. :o

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: A bit of an eyeopener reading the tweets below Katie Hopkins. As bad or worse than a lot of the stuff on Stormfront and Daily Stormer I've been researching for Brive.
Also reading the comments on the various youtube "stars" like Stexenchester or Faith Manshee Goldy. :o
Faith Manshee Goldy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Personally,

If "Manshee" ever becomes Mayor of Toronto, I will probably die laughing. Many times. Many, many times. Especially if she gets a second term. Never mind Ford being returned as Premier. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Excusing vigilante "justice" is very low. One of the reasons this place was created was to fight against the SocJus promotion of vigilante online tactics like tabloid-style accusations of rape and sexual assaults with no qualifications of "alleged" or doxxing for wrong-thinkers and people they simply disliked, or accusations of a place being a "haven for rapists". We've all quickly and strongly criticized those who promoted "punch a Nazi" vigilantism.

The far-right in Chemnitz beat up people, vigilante-style, based simply on ethnic/racial profiling, as "punishment" for a murder. This is insane. This has NO place in a liberal democracy, no justification whatsoever. You can't beat people just because they belong to the same social group, or you think that they belong to the same social group, of a murderer. This is fascism, no "ifs" or "buts" or qualifiers.

I don't care how outraged you are about a murder, beating up people simply because they're of same ethnicity of the murderer or murderers is barbaric. It's engaging not only in arrogating the power of law enforcement in your hands, but also in dispensing punishment for some imagined collective guilt. It's the same kind of reasoning that anti-American terrorists use to justify attacks on American civilians because they deem them to be collectively guilty of the actions of the American military, or that muslim extremists use to justify attacks on non-muslims who are deemed to be collectively "killers of muslims".

Whitewashing this as just a product of "the rage of common citizens", as it is done in the video that Brive posted here a few posts ago, is being a propagandist for mob rule.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

It's celebrity big brother time again and this years barrel scrapers have caused an 'incident' well one of them has anyway. Z list actress Roxanne Pallett accused a coronation street (popular soap in the UK) actor Ryan Thomas of punching her, video evidence shows she lied and the audience quickly showered her with their disgust so she tearfully left the show.
Some of her former co stars are now telling twitter what a narcissistic pathological liar she is.

A few years ago I would have said you couldn't make this shit up, then #metoo happened. :doh:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Here's a tweet from an old friend of the Pit's that you all might find arouses unusual feelings in your front holes.

You're welcome.

https://i.imgur.com/X1KAk4d.png

https://i.imgur.com/PxTOuJL.png

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

free thoughtpolice wrote: At any rate, I would think the best way to see if and/or how she is benefiting by this diet it would useful if she were to be monitored and tested to see what really is going on. It might benefit medical knowledge or even save her life.
Given that she is unlikely to comply with Pit Science, might we persuade you to live exclusively on perfectly cooked filet mignon and see if you get less scaly? I also have psoriasis and its arthritis mutilans, and it did get a lot better when my medical friends did their level best to kill all my lymphocytes. Perhaps as a west coast bear you ought to try a diet of nothing but salmon? While we are doing science, maybe Brive can try surviving on wombats and Kirb on - what - chamois? Perhaps an ibex or two might be allowed him (if halal and all that).

ps Up to 41 rats as of this evening, and, no, I'm not going to do the rat diet.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Well,

That kind of escalated ...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:30 pm
Excusing vigilante "justice" is very low. One of the reasons this place was created was to fight against the SocJus promotion of vigilante online tactics like tabloid-style accusations of rape and sexual assaults with no qualifications of "alleged" or doxxing for wrong-thinkers and people they simply disliked, or accusations of a place being a "haven for rapists". We've all quickly and strongly criticized those who promoted "punch a Nazi" vigilantism.

The far-right in Chemnitz beat up people, vigilante-style, based simply on ethnic/racial profiling, as "punishment" for a murder. This is insane. This has NO place in a liberal democracy, no justification whatsoever. You can't beat people just because they belong to the same social group, or you think that they belong to the same social group, of a murderer. This is fascism, no "ifs" or "buts" or qualifiers.

I don't care how outraged you are about a murder, beating up people simply because they're of same ethnicity of the murderer or murderers is barbaric. It's engaging not only in arrogating the power of law enforcement in your hands, but also in dispensing punishment for some imagined collective guilt. It's the same kind of reasoning that anti-American terrorists use to justify attacks on American civilians because they deem them to be collectively guilty of the actions of the American military, or that muslim extremists use to justify attacks on non-muslims who are deemed to be collectively "killers of muslims".

Whitewashing this as just a product of "the rage of common citizens", as it is done in the video that Brive posted here a few posts ago, is being a propagandist for mob rule.
Count me as someone who is not surprised in the slightest. There will be more to come. Anyone who has spent a couple of decades in "shit hole" countries could have predicted this.

And, it is not over. I believe this is just the beginning. The next two decades should be "interesting". For Chinese values of interesting that is.

free thoughtpolice

screwtape wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: At any rate, I would think the best way to see if and/or how she is benefiting by this diet it would useful if she were to be monitored and tested to see what really is going on. It might benefit medical knowledge or even save her life.
Given that she is unlikely to comply with Pit Science, might we persuade you to live exclusively on perfectly cooked filet mignon and see if you get less scaly? I also have psoriasis and its arthritis mutilans, and it did get a lot better when my medical friends did their level best to kill all my lymphocytes. Perhaps as a west coast bear you ought to try a diet of nothing but salmon? While we are doing science, maybe Brive can try surviving on wombats and Kirb on - what - chamois? Perhaps an ibex or two might be allowed him (if halal and all that).

I would be definitely interested in the complete properly cooked filet mignon diet! I thought the Peterson diet was supposed to be raw though so that might be a little problematic. I have eaten a lot of seafood too. I have safe and productive shellfish beds within walking distance. Also as I have participated in the commercial fishing industry here i have the ability to get the best of the best seafood.. The deer here are delicious and the best meat in the world is the backstrap aka filet mignon of Vancouver Island Blacktail deer.
The best salmon I've ever had was smoked by my deceased BFF and fishing buddy that was a native and had a large smokehouse that he used to help smoke and process fish for himself and his clan. It is a slow cold smoke and I had it as a main course twice a week for 4 or 5 months or so.
I definitely felt a kind of beneficial buzz when eating it. Was it because I had a positive association with my friend? Or maybe a traditionally prepared food gave me extra energy that modernist theory doesn't account for?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:30 pm

That's precisely the point. The more the progressives excuse and ignore the very real problems of cultural clashes, the more the far right will be empowered to fight back. The far right that is rising in response is entirely reactionary to the complete social and scientific illiteracy of the progressive left. That's the root cause of the problem, and, if we want to prevent bloodshed, the only solution is to fight against that and demonstrate to the right that cultural minorities do not have the power and ability to act without repercussion. The harder governments attempt to clamp down on the far right without dealing with the cultural and social problems at the root of this, the nastier and more vicious the far right will be that eventually comes to power. (And they will eventually come to power if things continue along this path.)

This is a problem that could have been entirely defused years ago by not excusing the unacceptable behaviour of the Muslim and other clashing cultures when they refused to integrate and assimilate. This is entirely a problem of weak governments afraid of being called racist and the agitation of far left progressives. Reacting only the understandable response to that inherent unfairness will only make the problem worse. Vigilantism arises when the state failed to act in the first place.

No one likes vigilantism. Pointing the finger of blame just at the far right is counter productive. It's dealing with a secondary issue that emboldens the primary causes and inflames tensions more.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:

When you eat them, they're called millers.

free thoughtpolice

Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote:

Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote:

No wonder the English have a reputation for awful cuisine :snooty:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote:

[/quote]
Still better than Miller Lite or MGD.

free thoughtpolice

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote:

[/quote]
I have definitely had the traumatic experience of drinking Merkin Lite beers. Not sure what MGD is and not certain I can handle the stress of finding out what it is. :roll:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote: Context: in Chemnitz, after two Middle Eastern men stabbed a German man to death several far-right groups dished out "vigilante justice" by beating up several people of assumed Middle Eastern ancestry.

This is what Brive has to say on what happened:
Now now Kirb.

Do you want to rethink the full context, scale and demographics of the Chemnitz protests. The meaning of the signs. The probable ‘evil’ of the sign bearers. The ‘context’ provided by the MSM reports. The classic strawman reporting.

As always, you are a hack.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Or did you actually think I was actually bemoaning sub standard nazis. :lol: :lol:

Because that would be hilarious.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote:

I have definitely had the traumatic experience of drinking Merkin Lite beers. Not sure what MGD is and not certain I can handle the stress of finding out what it is. :roll:
[/quote]

MGD = Miller Genuine Draft. There are worse American light lagers than MGD in my opinion, but it isn't a beer that I would go out of my way to drink. The worst beer I've probably ever had is Steel Reserve. I would take a glass of warm diabetic piss mixed with cheap vodka over that shit.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Tweet leads to a medscape article that lets people read the first page of the paper and that's it.

To the extent the "doctors" in the comments are doctors and aren't actually dogs, the comment section is pretty interesting.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The rallies on Saturday, which drew 8,000 people according to police estimates, ended peacefully although there was palpable tension at times.
https://news.sky.com/story/thousands-jo ... h-11488362
Ms Merkel's spokesman Steffen Seibert said: "Such riotous assemblies, the hunting down of people who appear to be from different backgrounds or the attempt to spread hate in the streets, these have no place in our country.
What to believe eh? Merkel or a news site desperately playing up the Nazi angle. Apparently membership or affiliation or apparent alignment with AfD is enough for the media to brand you nazi far right.

Kirb. In a quick search, all I’ve found is media repeating back the rather curious language coming from the politicians. I’m sure there were some fringe problems, but can you please share more details of this Lord of the Flies “hunting” pack. I’m thinking an einsatzgruppen 8000 strong would have a fairly high body count.

This would be useful for .. you know.

Context.

Also. Shame on the govt for creating an equivalence between “hunting down people” in order to ..... something something something them vs ‘attempting to spread hate in the streets’. One is not like the other.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: A bit of an eyeopener reading the tweets below Katie Hopkins. As bad or worse than a lot of the stuff on Stormfront and Daily Stormer I've been researching for Brive.
I will curate the SM channels I listen to. But really, you consume random social media comments? Why would you do that?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:
I will curate the SM channels I listen to. But really, you consume random social media comments? Why would you do that?
Having taken the spoons to go thru a lot of the comments, it’s pretty tame stuff in general. Certainly highly problematic posts as a proportion to the whole are in the v small minority. Most are anti Hopkins, “fuck Merkel” or of the “it’s about time” variety. Typical waste of effort pieces that don’t add much. At least mine had an ironic layer - that still managed to trip Kirb up.

But don’t take my word for it. And by all means present a “bad” one to prove the broader point. :mrgreen:

Oh, I think you must be reading the wrong Storm Front.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

It is becoming quite clear (to me at any rate) that this "white people hate" is some sort of code. Perhaps they are signalling that they are GoodWhite and not to be confused with BadWhite?

Twitter suspends @meme_america aka "Blue Check Watch", an account behind #VerifiedHate that shared anti-white tweets from verified accounts
https://old.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction ... _aka_blue/

Whatever man. Fuck (Die Antwoord)

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:17 pm
It is becoming quite clear (to me at any rate) that this "white people hate" is some sort of code. Perhaps they are signalling that they are GoodWhite and not to be confused with BadWhite?

Twitter suspends @meme_america aka "Blue Check Watch", an account behind #VerifiedHate that shared anti-white tweets from verified accounts
https://old.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction ... _aka_blue/

Whatever man. Fuck (Die Antwoord)
there is a claim the dude behind it has is in IRL a holocaust denier, but to the extent that on this account all he did was retweet anti-white tweets, how is his account different from the racism watchdog's account that retweets what it thinks of as racist tweets and then adds a woof or bark?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

screwtape wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:09 pm
free thoughtpolice wrote: Yup. Clinton and the UN screwed up big time on the Rwanda thing. Dallaire was commanding the UN forces at the time that were stationed in Rwanda and warned before the killing started and begged to be able to intervene as it progressed. A lot of lives could have been saved except that the UN security council decide to do nothing.
And then Dallaire went on to become an embarrassment to every professional soldier everywhere. Things go wrong. Plans don't work out. What do you do?—anything, almost anything at all rather than fold up and claim to have PTSD if you want military historians to remember you with fondness.

FFS, we train military leaders to train for success, then plan for success, then to implement those methods in the field. Maybe they work, and maybe they don't (someone said that all plans break down in the face of the enemy). If they don't work, that's when you get to show the kind of military creativity that will make you memorable. Name me a famous and respected commander who didn't have to deal with that scenario. Not one single commander since the Roman empire has had 100% success, and all of the familiar names we could recount today coped with some failures, dealt with them and went on to earn a place in history. If you want me to be charitable, Dallaire could be assessed in retrospect as having been given a limited role that he refused to go beyond. Well, fine, he can take consolation in saying he just followed his orders (as did many Auschwitz guards). In doing so he not only failed his mission; he ruined it.

He remains an embarrassment. One hopes that one of his publicised suicide attempts will be more successful than those we have already seen. He is a wretched failure of Canadian military training. His name should be erased from our history. Yes, Romeo, you are a disgrace and you should do the right thing.
I'll call bullshit on that.

Dallaire had his hands completely tied by the UN security council. When he found out, through a Hutu Power informant, just a few days before the massacre began, that there were weapons caches at the ready for Hutus to destroy the Tutsis, he sent a direct and urgent fax to the UN. Their reply? To do nothing and inform president Habyarimana. Very smart move, knowing that Habyarimana and his party were behind the weapons.

Every time Dallaire asked for support or, at least, some changes to his mandate, he was refused. What the fuck was he supposed to do? That wasn't a military campaign, it was a peace-keeping mission.

And of course he got PTSD. Who wouldn't when faced with such a horrible situation?

I am disappoint, Screw.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

With all this talk about gender reassignment for children, I think people need to wait a bit longer before making any rash decisions:
► Show Spoiler

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

InfraRedBucket wrote: With all this talk about gender reassignment for children, I think people need to wait a bit longer before making any rash decisions:
► Show Spoiler
Why do genders need to be reassigned when they are just social constucts? When I was young, these operations were called sex changes.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

SM1957 wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: With all this talk about gender reassignment for children, I think people need to wait a bit longer before making any rash decisions:
► Show Spoiler
Why do genders need to be reassigned when they are just social constucts? When I was young, these operations were called sex changes.
No doubt done on the NHS, no wonder they've never got any fucking money. Little kids riddled with cancer have to get crowd funded to pay for treatment overseas while the feral left scream about austerity driven 'Health Cuts' but daft old fuckers like this can get his togder chopped off with tax payers cash.

We need a revolution :x

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:41 pm
Old_ones wrote:
If she knew enough about nutrition to convince me that it satisfies a person's daily nutrient needs and that they won't come down with scurvy after a couple months of eating that way, then I would be less inclined to dismiss her.
I assume if you are a relatively healthy young person you can get away with these extreme diets for a quite a while so I would guess it would take time for health problems to show up. I happen to suffer from an autoimmune disease (psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis) and find that goes into remission to some degree when my immune system is fighting something like influenza. Almost like it redirects the energy it uses to attack my body to fight the virus.
Also, I rarely get the flu and cold and when I do they are generally mild and short lasting. Likewise with things like infections on injuries. It could be coincidence, but my psoriasis started to get bad around the same time as I began developing a severe allergy to Yellowjacket hornet stings.
The closest thing to a cure for psoriasis and other autoimmune disorders are taking drugs that (I gather) inhibit the immune system.
If the meat diet really works for Peterson, I wonder if it is not because she is able to exclude food allergies, but is because her diet is starving her immune system into submission. If so, she has a trade off between sending her arthritis into submission and making her more at risk for developing cancer or becoming unable to fight various infections, which are listed as side effects for taking the drugs.
At any rate, I would think the best way to see if and/or how she is benefiting by this diet it would useful if she were to be monitored and tested to see what really is going on. It might benefit medical knowledge or even save her life.
Well, she is showing her blood tests, so that's a start.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Looks like Twitters quality filter has gone bye bye.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Jesus fucking wept, they are literally encouraging the death of Europe. :cry:

free thoughtpolice

free thoughtpolice

PZ live feed. All the cool kids are watching (I'm not)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

He's still wearing the titfers I see, that haircut must have been a doozy :lol:

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

free thoughtpolice wrote: PZ live feed. All the cool kids are watching (I'm not)
Great backgroundscaping there : brick wall and half opened door

He'll be wearing a leather jacket with no shirt next.

free thoughtpolice

He'll be wearing a leather jacket with no shirt next.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

free thoughtpolice

John D

Post by John D »

This guy.... at Aretha's funeral.... woot....

John D

Post by John D »

Oh Wait! This one is better!!!!!

Really?

Post by Really? »

John D wrote: Oh Wait! This one is better!!!!!
Someone is going to catch hell for allowing a white supremacists alt-right Klan member to deliver a eulogy at the Aretha Franklin funeral.

"As the home goes, so goes the street...". Fucking racist.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I'd go to church for that.

He also has a very nice suit.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

This guy has been reading way too much Jordan Peterson.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Here's a tweet from an old friend of the Pit's that you all might find arouses unusual feelings in your front holes.

You're welcome.

Ofie really promotes herself as such a liberal lefty, but her reactionary disgust at ever-so-lame words and uses of phrases really does mark her out as a conservative old church lady.

What an embrassment to think this person was involved in liberal skepticism at one point.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Re: Kilstein.

I still remember he was a hero to PZ Myers and Rebecca Watson, who were both fawning about him, and calling him their "pal", or something ridiculous like that. Naturally, they dropped him quite quick.

I'm not sure I can forgive Kilstein just yet - he was among with worst of the "woke" SJW crowd for a while, and fucking knew all along he was a fraud.

He can still atone for his sins, however - a nationwide tour based entirely on how PZ Myers is a complte cunt and shit-stain. That might get the Commander to reduce his sentance.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 am
Looks like Twitters quality filter has gone bye bye.
At least till Jack finished testifying? That would be my guess.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

For a more indepth yet less hysterical critique of the 'good' Senator.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

"A Day in the Life - Caring for Transgender Patients in New York City"

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2700375

Given what research is saying, more than a little cause for concern.

Really?

Post by Really? »

BoxNDox wrote: "A Day in the Life - Caring for Transgender Patients in New York City"

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2700375

Given what research is saying, more than a little cause for concern.
Great article. If someone decides they're not a paranoid schizophrenic, we wouldn't dream of denying their truth. The preteens mentioned in the article should be given treatment to help them become the race cars and astronauts they believe they are inside.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Here's a tweet from an old friend of the Pit's that you all might find arouses unusual feelings in your front holes.

You're welcome.

Ofie really promotes herself as such a liberal lefty, but her reactionary disgust at ever-so-lame words and uses of phrases really does mark her out as a conservative old church lady.

What an embrassment to think this person was involved in liberal skepticism at one point.
To be fair to the old scatbag, she may have been referring to the word "men".

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

You're welcome.

Hear, hear. Down with panties.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I am a bit ticked off, but I have no one else to blame but myself. It should have been quite clear to me by now that pretty much all feminists, no matter what stripe, political, academic etc. etc. are quite simply fabulists and frauds.

Lisak for example is someone who I trusted, despite not trusting others, like say Kimmel. That did not end well either.

This is the final straw ... I read this book The Technology of Orgasm: "Hysteria," the Vibrator, and Women's Sexual Satisfaction and accepted it at face value more than a few years ago.

Now apparently it turns out to be a fraud (my term, the author does not use that term though he comes close) A Failure of Academic Quality Control: The Technology of Orgasm (Link is to a PDF)
Yet none of these more critical reviews questioned Maines’ core claim, that physicians
routinely masturbated female patients to orgasm, both with and without vibrators. Blank, despite
her surprise, accepted Maines’ factual claims, while suggesting that some physicians knew
exactly what they were doing and “were sexually aroused by it.” Lunbeck (2002) who pointed
out the clear visual evidence of penetrative devices in Maines’ own illustrations, did not contest
the core argument about “genital massage to orgasm.” Marsh was skeptical about the extent of
the practice, but affirmed that vibrators and hydrotherapy devices “in fact had to have been

Journal of Positive Sexuality, Vol. 4, No. 2, August 2018 © 2018 Center for Positive Sexuality

sometimes used” to provide women with orgasms as a treatment for hysteria (Marsh, 2000, p.
599). Marsh was the only reviewer to comment that Maines sometimes “quoted out of context”
(Marsh, 2000, p. 600). Aside from Marsh, none of the reviewers with historical expertise noticed
the pervasively sloppy citation practices in the book.
The most serious challenge to Maines in the scholarly literature was Helen King’s 2011
article in Eugesta, an open-access journal focused on gender in antiquity.24 King, an expert on
ancient obstetrics and gynecology, makes a frontal assault on Maines’ argument that genital
massage was a staple of medical practice from antiquity into the early modern era. King
highlights Maines’ sloppy citation practices, including her habit of making “gratuitous use” of
references that do not support her claims. King notes that Maines’ “book may look authoritative,
superficially conforming to the scholarly rules of the game,” but that her use of sources, both
primary and secondary, raise “serious questions” (King, 2011, pp. 207, 209, 211).
Yet the book’s appeal isn’t just sexual. Maines’ story fits narratives of progress in sexual
knowledge, allowing readers to see themselves as worldly sophisticates in contrast to the
clueless, desexualized Victorians. Physicians look particularly ignorant in this account, having
no clue what the clitoris was, let alone an orgasm.29 Maines also portrays women as victims of
profit-hungry physicians. Such victim narratives were a staple of feminists critiques of medical
care in the 1970s (e.g., Frankfort, 1972). Women have no real agency in Maines’ account, as the
historical actors are all male physicians, and women’s voices are completely absent. However,
readers can still view the female patients as heroes who subvert patriarchy by procuring orgasms
under the guise of medical treatment. The story is thus paradoxical—women are victims, but the
tools used to victimize them bring them orgasms, a delicious irony.
The conclusion:
We believe that there are several lessons to be learned from this story. First, manuscript
reviewers in the humanities should be encouraged to do at least some fact-checking. With so
many books and articles now available online, much fact-checking can be accomplished in the
home or office, which was not the case when Maines’ book was published. Editors and peer
reviewers should also encourage critical assessments of established works. Journal editors in
particular need to avoid assigning such manuscripts to reviewers who are invested in the work
being criticized. Finally, scholars everywhere need to maintain their skepticism, not by rejecting
surprising results out of hand, but by critically examining all research and being willing to
challenge it when it is found wanting. Unless a spirit of fact checking and fearless critique is
built into the culture of scholarly publishing, false historical narratives like Maines’ will continue
to be published and even praised.
I get it. This is an issue not confined to one specific field.

But I have had it. This is my tipping point. As far as I am concerned, anything written/said by any type of Feminist in any sphere is not to believed.

Fucking liars, all of them.