Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Keating wrote: Japan is a special case, as it is an example of democracy being imposed by an external force, which hasn’t worked in places like Iraq.
Korea? India working at it. Yet a spectacular failure in Russia. Islam is of course mostly out of the question. But it almost seems economic and social forces are important factors, not so much western origin.

CaptainFluffyBunny

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:28 pm
shoutinghorse wrote: I'm telling you folks, we've crashed into a parallel universe, I don't know when or how it happened but sometime in the last 5 to 10 years there has been a tear in the space/time thing-a-ma-jig and we've entered fucked up world. :shock:
Merseyside Police are making ‘enquiries’ into a trans-sceptical group that distributed stickers saying ‘Women don’t have penises’. Yes, that’s right: the police,
http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... 3s-0sJG3IU
Look who turns up in the comments. I miss him here, he was a funny guy.

https://i.imgur.com/Sv62AnA.png
I miss him too. He was good for a million quips and though I didn't always agree with him, I appreciated his point of view.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote: Japan is a special case, as it is an example of democracy being imposed by an external force, which hasn’t worked in places like Iraq.
In 1945 Japan already had some basic institutions that might form the building blocks of a liberal democracy, like a functioning, not completely corrupt legal system, good universities which rewarded merit instead of just being about nepotism, a decent welfare system, an internal market based on some capitalistic principles instead of being a matter of tribal exchanges, and a largely pacified society, with limited internal conflict.

Iraq was a clusterfuck, a country ravaged with years of inefficiency, corruption, nepotism, embargoes, ruled by a narcissitic egomaniac who had privileged a social group (Sunnis) over others and had committed multiple genocidal acts which had created a simmering net of social tensions waiting to blow up, and with a legal system, universities, markets and welfare controlled by tribal/nepotistic interests.

It was a disaster waiting to happen and everyone but the neocons and Bush knew that the Shias were just waiting for the fall of the Sunni-friendly Hussein regime to fall to carve out their own country within a country with the help of Iran, which in turn would have alienated the Sunnis and caused backlash.

Liberal democracy takes TIME to develop. It took roughly 200 years to get from from the early Enlightenment to modern Western European liberal democracies, and meanwhile we've had Nazi Germany, fascist Italy, Spain, Greece, etc. Japan modernized a lot on its own. The Arab world has largely stagnated, and the ultra-conservative and ultra-rich theocracies are making it stagnating even more. I don't think that the "west" can "export" democracy there, it has to grow on its own, and it'll take time and lots of sacrifices.

Integrating people in an ALREADY EXISTING liberal democracy is a completely different issue, though.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Japan literally had their constitution written by the United States. That wasn’t the case in Korea, or India, as far as I’m aware.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

A helpful link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/history

then click delete.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Keating wrote: Strewth, yeah, cactus phrasing. I can be true-blue drongo at sparrow’s fart, but, give a bloke a fair go, mate.

Basically, that I think a democracy can function as long as most of the population has shared values and will largely vote together.

A liberal democracy, requires that, and also that the population has liberal values.
Modern democracies have existed on an adversarial system where small differences are disputed, debated, and ultimately voted on, at least in principle. If you mean to say that there has to be a general agreement on the rules that govern the system, ie constitution as shared value we agree.
If you mean liberal democracy, meaning a democracy that is open to change, as in the political definition, in practice there are conservative and liberal policies debated and there split between the sides that frequently are pretty much 50/50.
If you mean by not having liberal values as in not tolerating western society like the salafist/wahhabi muslims, then we agree. I wouldn't want those assholes in my country any more than I guess you would in yours.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Keating wrote: Japan literally had their constitution written by the United States. That wasn’t the case in Korea, or India, as far as I’m aware.
Yet all democracies. Working.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Captian Scary Rabbit wrote:
Yet a spectacular failure in Russia.
That is a huge disappointment. Usually the explanation is that they never had a history that non-authoritarian government. I seems what happened is the various secret police agencies merged with organized crime and hijacked the move to a functional democracy.

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Modern democracies have existed on an adversarial system where small differences are disputed, debated, and ultimately voted on, at least in principle.
Yes, exactly: small differences. It breaks down once the big differences dominate.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: Strewth, yeah, cactus phrasing. I can be true-blue drongo at sparrow’s fart, but, give a bloke a fair go, mate.

Basically, that I think a democracy can function as long as most of the population has shared values and will largely vote together.

A liberal democracy, requires that, and also that the population has liberal values.
Are we using liberal per Kirb’s endorsement of the UN UDHRs?

I assume this definition has more cachet here than the UN’s definition of Genocide?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

DrokkIt wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:09 pm
shoutinghorse wrote: I'm telling you folks, we've crashed into a parallel universe, I don't know when or how it happened but sometime in the last 5 to 10 years there has been a tear in the space/time thing-a-ma-jig and we've entered fucked up world. :shock:
Merseyside Police are making ‘enquiries’ into a trans-sceptical group that distributed stickers saying ‘Women don’t have penises’. Yes, that’s right: the police,
It's news when the police arrest anyone- they'd "make enquiries" if I complained about pretty much anything that vaguely sounded like it was breaking some kind of law.

I'm all for discussion on the reformation of our frankly daft hatespeech laws, but we don't need this kind of silly nonsense to do that. I'd not be surprised if the terf group complained about themselves and then put out a press release saying they were being investigated. Makes great PR for basically nothing having happened.
The Mayor of Liverpool wrote 'I am not aware of the group, we will remove stickers and work with the Police to identify those responsible. '

Merseyside Police removed a video from their website advising friends to look out for each other on a nightout because it was 'victim blaming'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-45232993

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:

Are we using liberal per Kirb’s endorsement of the UN UDHRs?

I assume this definition has more cachet here than the UN’s definition of Genocide?
“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.” Except Alex Jones or TR.

“Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children” Including Madrasa.

“Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance.”. How beautifully trad.

“Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.” Commie bastards.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.”. In groups of two or less unless possessing appropriate permit.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion”. But exercising your right with wrong think will be punishable.

“No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.” unless you are a South African farmer in which case it will be tacitly accepted as reparations.

“Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family.” Oops forgot ‘any limitation of gender’. But it’s implicit eh? As is the adoption bit.

“Everyone has the right to a nationality.” Feel free to pick and choose at will.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.” And if you are African you have the freedom to cross borders.

“The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.”
An appropriate place to close off discussion.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

It is true that he is not a white nationalist, but he is explicitly promoting white nationalism.

Such is the logic of the Southern Law Poverty Centre about Jordan Peterson.

It seems that all you have to do is criticise gender studies and cultural Marxism and you will become a white nationalist.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... rnets-nest

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Brive1987 wrote: “Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.” Except Alex Jones or TR.

“Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children” Including Madrasa.

“Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance.”. How beautifully trad.

“Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.” Commie bastards.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.”. In groups of two or less unless possessing appropriate permit.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion”. But exercising your right with wrong think will be punishable.

“No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.” unless you are a South African farmer in which case it will be tacitly accepted as reparations.

“Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family.” Oops forgot ‘any limitation of gender’. But it’s implicit eh? As is the adoption bit.

“Everyone has the right to a nationality.” Feel free to pick and choose at will.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.” And if you are African you have the freedom to cross borders.

“The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.”
An appropriate place to close off discussion.
Gender is socially constructed, which means that a tiny minority get to tell the rest of society that they have been constructing gender wrongly.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

As long as we are quoting the wisdom of the ages - how about:

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun"

or

"Talk is cheap"

People tend to take their rights for granted - but they didn't just float down like mana from heaven

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

I would have left a massive brown trail in my wake...

;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: As long as we are quoting the wisdom of the ages - how about:

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun"

or

"Talk is cheap"

People tend to take their rights for granted - but they didn't just float down like mana from heaven
Not the widow of ages. These are from the UN’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Which I’ve been reliably told is a basis for the civic liberal west.

:doh:

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declarat ... an-rights/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Wisdom. My auto correct is a ‘tard.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote: I would have left a massive brown trail in my wake...

https.://twitter.com/kenradio/status/1031570060903477249

;)
Jesus Christ. Imagine if there had been major cross wind.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote:

;)
Indeed. He hit the net very close to the edge, with a cross wind he'd probably have made the largest pizza in the world.

As already stated - they'd have been digging the contents of my bowels out of their hair and eyes for miles around.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

;)
Indeed. He hit the net very close to the edge, with a cross wind he'd probably have made the largest pizza in the world.

As already stated - they'd have been digging the contents of my bowels out of their hair and eyes for miles around.
Back in 1992 I landed under reserve. I recall I was more angry than scared. Probably adrenaline.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

;)
Wow! What are the odds on there being a net there to break his fall? His lucky day!

Keating

Post by Keating »

So Turnbull survives. The next election must be held by May next year, and it’s pretty obvious Shorten will win. I loathe him. He should not be allowed near power. Additionally, the Labor Party seems deadset on the high immigration non-plan. The government at least has a few people who’ll make the right noises on it because pretty much every minor party to the right has immigration control as a major policy platform.

So, Australia seems pretty screwed.maybe the next government will be forced to act in the same way this one was forced to act on gay marriage. After all, Keating introduced off-shore processing.

Sadly, no one seems keen on my non-ironic “Tones for PM” plan, because it completes the circle started by Rudd-Gillard.

Keating

Post by Keating »

The Senate is going to be a disaster for the next government no matter who wins.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

SM1957 wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:09 pm
It's news when the police arrest anyone- they'd "make enquiries" if I complained about pretty much anything that vaguely sounded like it was breaking some kind of law.

I'm all for discussion on the reformation of our frankly daft hatespeech laws, but we don't need this kind of silly nonsense to do that. I'd not be surprised if the terf group complained about themselves and then put out a press release saying they were being investigated. Makes great PR for basically nothing having happened.
The Mayor of Liverpool wrote 'I am not aware of the group, we will remove stickers and work with the Police to identify those responsible. '

Merseyside Police removed a video from their website advising friends to look out for each other on a nightout because it was 'victim blaming'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-45232993
Dear god, it's sharia law!!!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

1460. Someone had to watch the videos and count the instances.

I think I would've quit.

https://imgur.com/ICsVWeO.png

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/08 ... -cow-goat/

Keating

Post by Keating »

I know a police woman who spends her days watching ISIS propaganda (counter terrorism). She says it’s much easier to deal with than the child exploitation area she was in before. I imagine the beastiality division is easier still. Unless you’re a vegan.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Keating wrote: I know a police woman who spends her days watching ISIS propaganda (counter terrorism). She says it’s much easier to deal with than the child exploitation area she was in before. I imagine the beastiality division is easier still. Unless you’re a vegan.
Okay, that's a good way to get me to do it :lol:

"We've got kids getting snuffed, heads and hands getting chopped, and dudes fucking cows."

"I'll take the cows and a small popcorn, please."

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Healthline has claimed health disparities and higher rates of HIV and STIs observed in LGBTQIA communities are due to discrimination in the sex ed world. So, the California based health information provider has adopted the gender-inclusive term “front hole” in place of the medical term, “vagina” in their latest LGBTQIA safe sex guide.
http://caldronpool.com/healthline-says- ... e-instead/

I look forward to future productions of Eve Ensler's The Front Hole Monologues.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

From the healthline guide - 'If it wasn’t stated in the conversation or question, it wasn’t consented to.'

https://www.healthline.com/health/lgbtq ... de#consent

'Verbal or expressed consent is the act of using words to confirm agreement that you want something. '

Verbal consent is very important to get.

Luckily ,I told the woman everything I was going to do to her. Pity she put the phone down before I had finished. I'll try the next woman in the phone book.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: So Turnbull survives. The next election must be held by May next year, and it’s pretty obvious Shorten will win. I loathe him. He should not be allowed near power. Additionally, the Labor Party seems deadset on the high immigration non-plan. The government at least has a few people who’ll make the right noises on it because pretty much every minor party to the right has immigration control as a major policy platform.

So, Australia seems pretty screwed.maybe the next government will be forced to act in the same way this one was forced to act on gay marriage. After all, Keating introduced off-shore processing.

Sadly, no one seems keen on my non-ironic “Tones for PM” plan, because it completes the circle started by Rudd-Gillard.
The Liberals are performing the same calculation Labor did under Gillard.

A 99.99% chance of failure with Dutton is infinitely better than the 100% chance under Turnbull.

They would have been better off with a shitful PM ScoMo than with a low profile ineffective ponce like Mal.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I note that the latest German stats put almost 40% of all under 5 year olds as “of migrant background”.

Just confirming “we” think this is a natural and desirable state of affairs that should be mirrored across the West? Accepting of course that this % is likely to rise over time.

It strikes me there are a lot of people in Africa and Asia but only a finite amount of land and host population in Europe. One day it’s going to piss someone off when they leave the third world and discover status quo in Berlin.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:17 am
They would have been better off with a shitful PM ScoMo than with a low profile ineffective ponce like Mal.
I'm leaning towards Bishop now, as long as she promises to give a "misogyny speech" against Shorten before the election. That would be perfect.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

A Q&A with Vermont candidate for governor Christine Hallquist begins with, "Why should people vote for you?" (@1:49)

3 minutes of near-gibberish follows.

Of course, it'll be bigotry that causes this brave and stunning candidate to get shellacked this fall.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

;)
10 survivors who achieved the feat unintentionally: https://www.oddee.com/item_96967.aspx

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

free thoughtpolice wrote: What? You've never heard the expression "drunk as an owl"?
My cultural references are 'Drunk as a lord' or 'Tight as an owl'.

Mind you, anyone complaining about an owl being 'tight' is likely to end up in the hands of the RSPCA and the RSPB and will be recognised by the characteristic beak and talon wounds.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

screwtape wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: What? You've never heard the expression "drunk as an owl"?

Mind you, anyone complaining about an owl being 'tight' is likely to end up in the hands of the RSPCA and the RSPB and will be recognised by the characteristic beak and talon wounds.
How did "wise Owls" get associated with wisdom anyway? They have relatively small brains in the bird world.
The're all eyes and ears.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

It definitely started getting really weird after they switched on the Large Hadron Collider. :shock:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

screwtape wrote:

Stick to chickens and ducks. As I've said before, once you've had quack, you'll never go back, baby.

Chicks aren't bad either.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mob of students tears down statue of Confederate soldier at UNC Chapel Hill.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote:
screwtape wrote:

Stick to chickens and ducks. As I've said before, once you've had quack, you'll never go back, baby.

Chicks aren't bad either.
You can't beat a cluck for a really good fuck.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Claire Fox in The Economist on The dangers of illiberal liberalism

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
It definitely started getting really weird after they switched on the Large Hadron Collider. :shock:
http://gumbercules.com/Images/lhc.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote:
Had dinner with my folks on Saturday and my mom described the Cotes du Rhone as "tight". I replied, "and if you drink the whole bottle, you will be, too!"

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

screwtape wrote:

I've never heard of 'Drunk as an Owl'. You can be as drunk of pissed as a Lord, Judge, Skunk, Newt or Cunt from my neck of the woods but no Owls are involved whatsoever.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Healthline has claimed health disparities and higher rates of HIV and STIs observed in LGBTQIA communities are due to discrimination in the sex ed world. So, the California based health information provider has adopted the gender-inclusive term “front hole” in place of the medical term, “vagina” in their latest LGBTQIA safe sex guide.

Healthline must be the ones who produced this here sexual health documentary, Best of Back Door Babes XIII

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote: 1460. Someone had to watch the videos and count the instances.

I think I would've quit.

https://imgur.com/ICsVWeO.png
Tie them up and feed them to the hogs.

Are all three perps really 5'7"? What are they, inbred tards? As a civilization, we really need to come up with a solution for all the stunted, inbred tards running loose. They obviously can't be trusted to manage their affairs unsupervised.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/08 ... -cow-goat/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ah fuck, I'm a tard, too, for fucking up that blockquote.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Does the 'Fuck Off, Jamie' of the thread title refer to Jamie Oliver and his diabolical plot to create white supremacy by cooking chicken with rice?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:32 am
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
What's the origin of the huge differences between Bostwana and Zimbabwe? It's surely not ethnicity. It's kind of hard to put it down to "culture". It looks very likely that the difference is a matter of institutions. For all its flaws and issues Bostwana is a representative, pluralistic, moderate liberal democracy. Zimbabew is a failed experiment at building a Shona ethno-state that then collapsed into a personal dictatorship of an ethno-centric corrupt tyrant who tried to garner power by fanning the flames of anti-white ethno-policies.
Kirb, did you read what you wrote before posting it? Something seems off.
I mean that the difference between Bostwana and Zimbabwe surely is not an ethnic difference between the people of Bostwana and Zimbabwe. It's a difference in policies and institutions. An ethno-state is a policy choice. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
It may or may not be an ethnic difference but it could well be a cultural difference. The Tswana form the vast majority in Botswana and the nation has been relatively stable and self-determined since 1860.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
screwtape wrote:

How did "wise Owls" get associated with wisdom anyway? They have relatively small brains in the bird world.
The're all eyes and ears.
Who told you that?

Who!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote:
screwtape wrote:

I've never heard of 'Drunk as an Owl'. You can be as drunk of pissed as a Lord, Judge, Skunk, Newt or Cunt from my neck of the woods but no Owls are involved whatsoever.
Judges appear to be doing double duty as you can be as sober as one too.

Or as drunk as a boiled owl...apparently

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Customised Chinese sex robots are a thing. :mrgreen:

ThreeFlangedJavis

DrokkIt wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:11 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:17 am
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:07 pm
shoutinghorse wrote: Hey Phil, did you not see the signs?

https://i.imgur.com/w1d8nGC.jpg
Horse, is this another one of those pictures of unknown origin doing the rounds of your retirement home Facebook group?
It's a 4chan hoax, like all those ones designed to make feminists look stupid. Only this time it's a different kind of confirmation bias perspective that it being mocked.
Except that it isn't very far removed from reality.

https://youtu.be/SLT9JOE64WQ
The wisdom of accepting Sargon as 'reality' notwithstanding, the poster is a hoax and fake. We ought to have standards about not holding up lies if they help a narrative we like.
I provisionally accept the evidence given by the policewoman in sargon's video along with the other points raised. This has little to do with accepting Sargon as "reality", whatever that means. There are other examples of UK police reporting the strong influence of Islamic activists and multi-culturalist ideologues on the police force. I was in not so much encouraging the promotion of the poster as real as pointing out that it qualifies as a genuine Poe. You woudn't have to look too hard to find examples of areas in the UK where deference to Muslim sensibilities is enforced.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
I provisionally accept the evidence given by the policewoman in sargon's video along with the other points raised. This has little to do with accepting Sargon as "reality", whatever that means. There are other examples of UK police reporting the strong influence of Islamic activists and multi-culturalist ideologues on the police force. I was in not so much encouraging the promotion of the poster as real as pointing out that it qualifies as a genuine Poe. You woudn't have to look too hard to find examples of areas in the UK where deference to Muslim sensibilities is enforced.
What it means is to precis the argument Sargon makes here and it's supporting evidence, and decide that said evidence in any way proves what he thinks it proves.

Like him or hate him, he has a strong tendency to construct broad conspiratorial frameworks from highly cherry-picked evidence and then present this as an 'obvious truth' that anyone ought to simply agree with. In doing this he simply ignores any sense of nuance, instead of investigating any of the possible reasons why a few police (spread over several countries) might be doing any of this it's just presented as proof of a pro-islamic conspiracy.

This is the unstated major premise of his video (and indeed of much of his recent work). It is simply presenting argumentation from the perspective that the presumed motivations are indeed the narrative, and instead of scrutiny we are given some basically un-connected bits of evidence with no logically consistent argument that they are related.

It's simply 'see, here is the cultural marxism at work' and it's a motte and bailey than we should all be able to detect and needs to be accounted for- I'll let everyone decide for themselves weather or not this piece of culture-warfare is intentional or not, but he did advocate for rules for radicals type tactics.

I do not dispute that certain decisions of the state privilege one group over another, it's self evident and wrong.

I'm simply observing that broad conspiratorial claims perched on real events with the context removed is precisely what all other irrational worldviews are built upon and we don't like it when the intersectionalists do it.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Kirbmarc wrote: To make an analogy, the difference between Bostwana and Zimbabwe is similar to the difference between France and Germany before World War Two: it wasn't a matter of "French genes" or "German genes", or even of cultural tendencies (anti-semitism was, at the time, very widespread in France, too) but a difference in political regime. Nazi Germany was an attempt to create an ethno-state...we all know how it ended. France instead was a liberal democracy, albeit not a perfect one, where minorities had rights and participated to the public life even if there were prejudices against them (Leon Blum was a prominent French politician of those times, and he had Jewish ancestry, for example).
Political regimes aren't imposed by the Regime Fairy. Doesn't matter what political system you have it is going to manifest itself in accordance with the national character in terms of ethical and social beliefs. I think you can argue fairly confidently that the Germans have traditionally had a respect for order and hierarchy, which if you accept the model, as explained by Peterson, that associates orderliness and conscientiousness with the Right/conservatism, is going to give them a greater propensity for a more "closed" society with the attendant danger of lurching too far into the disgust response toward the "unclean". Governments are made up of people with certain propensities which stem from their cultural background. It doesn't matter if you have the greatest constitution and rules of governance if the people don't have a tradition of placing the common good high in their priorities and some respect for and understanding of the need for civic obedience.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

MarcusAu wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
screwtape wrote:

Judges appear to be doing double duty as you can be as sober as one too.

Or as drunk as a boiled owl...apparently
I've always heard it was tough as a boiled owl.

ThreeFlangedJavis

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:51 pm
That is a huge disappointment. Usually the explanation is that they never had a history that non-authoritarian government. I seems what happened is the various secret police agencies merged with organized crime and hijacked the move to a functional democracy.
Perhaps the authoritarian nature of Russian governments has been dictated by the nature of the peasantry. Perhaps they have historically liked to think of themselves as a "strong" people who need a "strong" ruler and would consequently have eaten a more liberal regime alive.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Suet Cardigan wrote:

Gender inclusive?!?! Calling it a front hole privileges the structure, implying that the "back hole" is secondary and inferior thus privileging the possessor of a front hole over those possessed only of a back hole.

It's fucking trans genocide!

ThreeFlangedJavis

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:44 am
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:51 pm
Perhaps the authoritarian nature of Russian governments has been dictated by the nature of the peasantry. Perhaps they have historically liked to think of themselves as a "strong" people who need a "strong" ruler and would consequently have eaten a more liberal regime alive.
I'd add that my experience of Zimbabweans has been a mix of relatively sophisticated understanding of the principles of democracy and some cultural baggage which lends a certain degree of understanding that "might is right". Some of them regard abuse of power and cynical self-interest as inherent in government and their main aspiration is a seat on the gravy train. To illustrate some of the difference in understanding of democracy between the West and other traditions, I recall a Zim politician excusing ZANU PFs violence toward the opposition by saying that they were "making eyes" at ZANUs supporters.