Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
katamari Damassi

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by katamari Damassi »

Ever heard of comic Hannah Gadsby? She identifies as a fat, mentally ill, lesbian from Tasmania. She had a glowing write-up in the New Woker, and has a comedy special on Netflix. Here's a sample(paraphrased) of one of her jokes: "Cubism freed us from three point perspective, and allowed us to see something from all sorts of perspectives, but tell me, are any of those perspectives a woman's? No? Then fuck off."

Done holding your sides yet? I made it about half-way through thinking it had to get better. It gets worse because she interrupts her comedy to tell us her sob story about growing up lesbian in Tasmania, and she threatens to quit comedy because she can't even anymore. She makes Jamie Kilstein and Kamau Bell look funny in comparison. Welcome to the new era of feminist approved comedy. WTF Netflix?

Also, nuke Tasmania from orbit.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:14 am
comhcinc wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0YXMhoDqpk
Yeah, no.

You're gonna have to repost that as a gif, I understand no other language now, Commie. Me when you don't gif your message:

https://media.giphy.com/media/CM4wAovIoMjyU/giphy.gif
I know right? I am at work and do not have gif time.

I apologize for my failures.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

katamari Damassi wrote: Ever heard of comic Hannah Gadsby? She identifies as a fat, mentally ill, lesbian from Tasmania. She had a glowing write-up in the New Woker, and has a comedy special on Netflix. Here's a sample(paraphrased) of one of her jokes: "Cubism freed us from three point perspective, and allowed us to see something from all sorts of perspectives, but tell me, are any of those perspectives a woman's? No? Then fuck off."

Done holding your sides yet? I made it about half-way through thinking it had to get better. It gets worse because she interrupts her comedy to tell us her sob story about growing up lesbian in Tasmania, and she threatens to quit comedy because she can't even anymore. She makes Jamie Kilstein and Kamau Bell look funny in comparison. Welcome to the new era of feminist approved comedy. WTF Netflix?

Aside from being utterly unfunny, she's also pretty fucking wrong:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar%C3%ADa_Blanchard

It really does take a remarkable degree of 'special' to make so vacuous a point on a premise which isn't even true in the first place.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Cubism is for squares.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Cathy Young on another dodgy rape story:

This UNC Rape Victim Became a Title IX Activist Leader. But Does Her Own Story Hold Up?

http://reason.com/archives/2018/07/02/a ... helped-jum

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

So a gang invades this guys UK yard carrying weapons. He stands his ground with a hockey stick but then gets detained with his son by police for a racially inspired attack - because he hurled epithets at them in a ‘Hooky in the Hospital’ last ditch effort.

The gang, who made the accusation, goes free.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/world/armed- ... d-15761379

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote: There were no farmers or baths in Europe before whitey landed in America:

Taught.png
If white people can be referred to as "colonizer," can white people refer to everyone else as "colonized?"
Colonized? Fucking wreck t'em.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: Ever heard of comic Hannah Gadsby? She identifies as a fat, mentally ill, lesbian from Tasmania. She had a glowing write-up in the New Woker, and has a comedy special on Netflix. Here's a sample(paraphrased) of one of her jokes: "Cubism freed us from three point perspective, and allowed us to see something from all sorts of perspectives, but tell me, are any of those perspectives a woman's? No? Then fuck off."

It really does take a remarkable degree of 'special' to make so vacuous a point on a premise which isn't even true in the first place.
Tasmania has been Australia’s Appalachia.

It is starting to come good now, mostly because of the flight out of mainland capitals to the cheaper housing there. Old time Melb and Sydney residents expect and will create a certain acceptable level of lifestyle.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“Today’s news”

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

It is starting to come good now, mostly because of the flight out of mainland capitals to the cheaper housing there. Old time Melb and Sydney residents expect and will create a certain acceptable level of lifestyle.
They have cute wombats and excellent mountain bike trails.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Southern gets the last laugh and provides a response to the Kirb-ites who rounded on her last year plus she sets the story straight (again) on her efforts to allegedly shoot flares at drowning refugees.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

They have cute wombats and excellent mountain bike trails.
And a nice bridge to picnic under at Richmond.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: “Today’s news”

<Trump tweets removed>
Ahem.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=514

Keating

Post by Keating »

So, David Leyonhjelm. Sexist comments or is everyone white knighting for the excruciating Hanson-Young?

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Keating wrote: So, David Leyonhjelm. Sexist comments or is everyone white knighting for the excruciating Hanson-Young?
He needs to provide evidence of his claim :naughty: .

Pseudomonas

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Pseudomonas wrote:
Keating wrote: So, David Leyonhjelm. Sexist comments or is everyone white knighting for the excruciating Hanson-Young?
He needs to provide evidence of his claim :naughty: .

Pseudomonas
But I'm definitely not watching if he has video :twatson:

Pseudomonas

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

This was my submission to the Guardian:
My understanding, based on media reports of he said - she said, is that he allegedly heard SHY say something to the effect of all men being rapists, and his response was to the effect of that she she should stop having sex with men, then, if all men are rapists.

So, based on this context, is it sexist? I don't think so. Is it slut shaming? I don't think so.

Did SHY say anything to that effect? I don't know. Does Hansard keep a record of the Senate? Did Leyonhjelm hear what he wanted to hear based on a preconceived line of argument? Quite possibly.

Is this an escalation based on ideological agendas? Most definitely.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Happy Birthday, Pit. Oh, and hello to Arnie!

Here's to a glorious SIX YEARS of crushing PZ's testicles. The fucking cunter.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:24 pm
So a gang invades this guys UK yard carrying weapons. He stands his ground with a hockey stick but then gets detained with his son by police for a racially inspired attack - because he hurled epithets at them in a ‘Hooky in the Hospital’ last ditch effort.

The UK really is flushing itself down the toilet and pointing this out is a crime. Fuck the propaganda about the dangers of the barely existent far right that shames people into immobility in the face of it all. There's been a secular Muslim from Leicester staying nearby for the last month and even he remarked, without prompting, about the noticeable reticence of people to speak their minds for fear of an early morning knock on the door.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9lzyfV9Z30

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

MarcusAu wrote:

<Trump tweets removed>
Ahem.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=514
Or ethnostate

katamari Damassi

So good it has to be fattening.
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b3a ... 4a8b261ad8

The feminists at Shakesville are in a larger.

He should resign and his party should appoint a woman of colour to replace him.

katamari Damassi

So good it has to be fattening.

katamari Damassi

katamari Damassi wrote:

Meant to say "in a lather," but being Shakesville, "larger"works.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote: Southern gets the last laugh and provides a response to the Kirb-ites who rounded on her last year plus she sets the story straight (again) on her efforts to allegedly shoot flares at drowning refugees.

You actually swallow that crap?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

<Trump tweets removed>
Ahem.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=514
Or ethnostate
Maybe the fake news thread?

I have a nice site plan for the pit that also incorporates a Jordan Peterson, fake news, Trans, FTB, music, social club, alt-right (general), South African politics, non ethnomstate immigration, non Trump US politics and SJW (general) areas.

In tier 1.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... 1K7gOPeurA

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: Southern gets the last laugh and provides a response to the Kirb-ites who rounded on her last year plus she sets the story straight (again) on her efforts to allegedly shoot flares at drowning refugees.

https.://youtu.be/_WppMC8jgFE
You actually swallow that crap?
No, even at the time it was obvious she was using a hand flare. I never had cause to believe the criticism.

How about you?

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:17 am
Ape+lust wrote: WTF does that even mean, she "identifies" as a fat woman?
It means she calls herself "fat", but you can't just go around calling anyone who's 5' 5" and 280 lbs "fat".

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:24 pm

The UK really is flushing itself down the toilet and pointing this out is a crime. Fuck the propaganda about the dangers of the barely existent far right that shames people into immobility in the face of it all. There's been a secular Muslim from Leicester staying nearby for the last month and even he remarked, without prompting, about the noticeable reticence of people to speak their minds for fear of an early morning knock on the door.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9lzyfV9Z30
ThreeFlangedJavis. Thank you for your input.

An appropriate location will be found for “radical free speech commentary as it relates to UK current affairs”.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I can’t find, in the 1 min I tried, the comments that were made. Link?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
Here's one.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... leyonhjelm

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Ah.
Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young interjected, saying something along the lines of all men being rapists," he said in a statement.

"I responded by suggesting that if this was the case she should stop shagging men.

"I did not yell at her."

He said he would not be withdrawing his remarks.

"I do not agree with Senator Hanson-Young's sentiments about all men being rapists and I believe I have the right to voice my opinion accordingly," Senator Leyonhjelm said.
Nothing to see here. If that’s what she said, she was lucky he didn’t bend her over there and then.

Probably didn’t have the requisite three paper bags.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

BoxNDox wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:17 am
Ape+lust wrote: WTF does that even mean, she "identifies" as a fat woman?
It means she calls herself "fat", but you can't just go around calling anyone who's 5' 5" and 280 lbs "fat".

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ta Kiwi. Her input appears to be the crucial context setter. It would be nice to lock that down.

I don’t see any slut shaming. Just a cocked eyebrow over why she would continue to engage with men, given her bullshit fem-POV.

She wouldn’t want to be treated like a princess in the chamber?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’m struggling to see the comment as being “sexist”. If it was, than she is pushing for a completely different standard to apply to women than to men.

The fact she blubbered all over the news suggests that maybe allowances do need to be made for a more fragile sex.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sarah appears to have found an outlet.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Sarah appears to have found an outlet.

I'm amazed there were 18 still left.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

<Trump tweets removed>
Ahem.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=514
Or ethnostate
Maybe the fake news thread?

I have a nice site plan for the pit that also incorporates a Jordan Peterson, fake news, Trans, FTB, music, social club, alt-right (general), South African politics, non ethnomstate immigration, non Trump US politics and SJW (general) areas.

In tier 1.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... 1K7gOPeurA
I hope you will include a thread to discuss Free Will.

There's been some evidence quoted recently, that peoples political (and I'm thinking religious) leanings may be to an extent inate. Which I suppose would raise the (I suppose inevitable) quesion of what is the best method to change someone's mind.

Maybe Jerry Coyne has something to say on it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:37 pm
“Today’s news”

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ame-214589

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna887926

But yeah, we gots a thread for this. Without order, there is chaos. With chaos, nobody gets barbeque. Nobody.

CaptainFluffyBunny

katamari Damassi wrote: So good it has to be fattening.

katamari Damassi wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:

Meant to say "in a lather," but being Shakesville, "larger"works.
In case I've never said it before, thank you for monitoring that horrid site for the lulz-worthy bits to share with us. A brief glance tells me it can't be easy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Dogen, I am glad it is only your thyroid. Mine has been fucking with me for nearly two decades, so keep the faith, etc.

feathers

Post by feathers »

DrokkIt wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:31 am
Shatterface wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:09 pm
So the profits of the woman's day festival are going towards Tree Sisters - a charity for the great feminist cause of planting trees??

Not domestic violence shelters, not women's health, not sanitary products for women in the Third World, not FGM, not even the evils of manspreading, but fucking trees?

Is there anything about this whole festival and it's organisers, that doesn't scream peak middle-class fart-sniffing hippie bullshit?
https://img.etsystatic.com/il/42b119/14 ... ?version=0

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: Ta Kiwi. Her input appears to be the crucial context setter. It would be nice to lock that down.

I don’t see any slut shaming. Just a cocked eyebrow over why she would continue to engage with men, given her bullshit fem-POV.

She wouldn’t want to be treated like a princess in the chamber?
What kind of fuckwit would have sex with her knowing the risk of being accused of rape?

Only a rapist who has nothing to lose.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: ...

But yeah, we gots a thread for this. Without order, there is chaos. With chaos, nobody gets barbeque. Nobody.
I remember reading somewhere that even when we get to the heat death of the universe - there may be pockets of lower entropy. Like chaos creating ordered patterns of it's own.

But maybe, I was tripping...

http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_mandelbrot_smooth4.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:37 pm
“Today’s news”

https.://twitter.com/prisonplanet/status/1013913499955879936?s=21

https.://twitter.com/navyhato/status/1013902437554401280?s=21
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ame-214589

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna887926

The point wasn’t Trump. It was fake news narratives and increasingly obvious bias. But I will draw a string between two pins on my madmans cork-board for future reference.

When I buy one,

Meanwhile you can file this anywhere you want.

http://i.imgur.com/ssOk472.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Like his memory has any relevance to his crime.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bearings take on the female feminist professor accused of sexual harassment whose supporters have umm come out in support.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Sarah appears to have found an outlet.

https.://twitter.com/angryrobotbooks/status/1013478456812859392?s=21
I'm amazed there were 18 still left.
These days, I’m afraid to say, it’s odds on they were Singha.

:bjarte: :)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is SCOTUS Trump material? I get so confused these days. Fuck it.

The court is changing its composition sooner than was thought.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

XPosted just in case. :mrgreen:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Looks like Becky’s dog had taken her for a walk.

He seems considerate.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Like his memory has any relevance to his crime.

“In memory yet green, in joy still felt,
The scenes of life rise sharply into view.
We triumph; Life's disasters are undealt,
And while all else is old, the world is new.”

― Isaac Asimov

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tranny exceptionalism makes everything awesome, including kidnapping.

https://imgur.com/bIvnuMO.png

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Quick note about Trump and MSM before I take my morning shit.

Both "Trump is a Giant Asshole that fundamentally doesn't know what he is doing" and "The MSM has an unhealthy bias against Trump" can both be true at the same time.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote: Looks like Becky’s dog had taken her for a walk.

He seems considerate.

https://twitter.com/navyhato/status/101 ... 18177?s=21
:lol:

He needs a fundraiser for gloves and goggles, the poor mutt.

It's astounding how fast and far Cali has fallen into dysfunction. San Francisco has become such a shithole even Rebecca has complained about it, which has been wonderfully amusing. The city's tip into squalor seems to have been timed to coincide with her arrival :D

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/Merkel ... index.html

Seems like 1 million was the magic number.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote: Quick note about Trump and MSM before I take my morning shit.

Both "Trump is a Giant Asshole that fundamentally doesn't know what he is doing" and "The MSM has an unhealthy bias against Trump" can both be true at the same time.
In 6 years Trump will be gone. MSM will never recover from its overt partisanship. It is now just one more player in alt media - with more overhead.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Wow. A genocide. Yes! Look over there 👉 see it?

There should be a law against it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Quick note about Trump and MSM before I take my morning shit.

In 6 years Trump will be gone. MSM will never recover from its overt partisanship. It is now just one more player in alt media - with more overhead.
I dunno, I'm sure worse examples from the old days could be found. And if things improved in the past, they could again.

The press did not invent 'yellow journalism' to combat Trump after all.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ape+lust wrote: Tranny exceptionalism makes everything awesome, including kidnapping.

https://imgur.com/bIvnuMO.png
Transphobia is the new Satanic ritual abuse.

Just believe what the kiddies and their psychologists tell you, even if it defies reality.