There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Billie from Ockham

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

Post by Billie from Ockham »

shoutinghorse wrote: Milo is suing Twitter.

Within the first 30 second, we have "...thanks to James O'Keefe." (And, yet, I kept watching. I'm an idiot.)

And then we get a whole lot about "free speech" when Twitter is NOT a public forum. *sigh* But at least he shows some awareness of this issue at about 9:00 when he says that "the case for [regulating social media as a utility] is becoming unarguable" (by which I believe that he means that you can't argue against it). Well done, Milo. You have successfully placed the cart directly in front of the horse.

Billie from Ockham

Kirbmarc wrote: But I'm growing convinced that in the SocJus world there's a "cheating up" and a "cheating down". :bjarte:
Bingo. But let's be explicit.

(1) sex without freely-given consent is rape
(2) consent can only be freely given to someone of equal or lower status ... anything that you give to someone above you, including consent, is by definition coerced and not freely given
(3) no two people have exactly the same status
therefore
(4) all sex is rape

John D

Post by John D »

This is really quite good. I am 20 minutes in and have already enjoyed it. I think someone posted the Pinker part... but this is the whole thing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:07 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The consilience is irrefutable. Conviction rates closely align with reported rates. The only way for those to not correlate to commission rates, is for vast numbers of victims -- most of whom are themselves black -- to willfully lie about the race of their assailant.
You do know that an estimate of something can correlate with the target value very well while still being very inaccurate, yes? If not, here are two things to digest: (1) the correlation between a set of values and their square-roots is about .99, so a measure that specifically under-estimates high values will still show an outrageously high correlation; and (2) the correlation between a set of values and their squares is about .97, so a measure that specifically over-estimates high values will again show an outrageously high correlation.
There are no square roots involved, Willis. About a third of all convictions for robbery are of blacks; about a third of all robbers are identified as black by victims. For commission of robberies by blacks to be significantly lower than one third, a majority of victims must be misreporting, for which there is neither any evidence nor any logical explanation.

feathers

Post by feathers »

jet_lagg wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:48 pm
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! This is my favorite new word since autoethnography.

I suppose it's done using the micropenis.

Billie from Ockham

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: There are no square roots involved, Willis. About a third of all convictions for robbery are of blacks; about a third of all robbers are identified as black by victims. For commission of robberies by blacks to be significantly lower than one third, a majority of victims must be misreporting, for which there is neither any evidence nor any logical explanation.
OK, Cupcake, I'll let you drag me down to specific hypotheticals so that you can avoid the larger point I was making.

It does not require that the people who are reporting a crime to get the race of their attacker wrong. Another possibility is that the probability of making a report depends on the race of the attacker.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: There are no square roots involved, Willis. About a third of all convictions for robbery are of blacks; about a third of all robbers are identified as black by victims. For commission of robberies by blacks to be significantly lower than one third, a majority of victims must be misreporting, for which there is neither any evidence nor any logical explanation.
OK, Cupcake, I'll let you drag me down to specific hypotheticals so that you can avoid the larger point I was making.

It does not require that the people who are reporting a crime to get the race of their attacker wrong. Another possibility is that the probability of making a report depends on the race of the attacker.
Victims, including black victims, are less likely to report a crime if their attacker is white?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tuvok's jizz will go sub-orbital from this pounding of PZ over at WEIT:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... last-word/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Alright, snuggums, take the UCR and NCVS data and run the numbers so that under-reporting lowers the black commission of crimes from the convicted rate to in line with the black %age of the population. In other words: how many murders need to go unreported each year to account for the 52% vs. 13% discrepancy?

Billie from Ockham

I guess that you invested so much energy into missing my point that you also missed where I said that I did not believe that this issue will remove all demographic differences. But it looks like one version of my point finally got through, given your question, so I'm happy enough.

Guest_db8c8188

Post by Guest_db8c8188 »

Peezus is chucking his doll out of his pram about the backlash against the attempt to smear Pinker.

CaughtUpLockedOut

Billie from Ockham

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Tuvok's jizz will go sub-orbital from this pounding of PZ over at WEIT:

I just tried to post this as a comment, but I might still be blocked from something I did last summer.
Why would PZ Myers go out of his way to attack Pinker using a method that would make him look like an idiot to anyone who checked?

Well, what are the three primary drives? (Hint: some call them the 'Three Fs' as a cute mnemonic.) Now you got it: Food, Fluid, and Sex.

OK, but when the person in question has a job in a developed country, which of the three primary drives is most likely? Yep. Sex.

So how could attacking Pinker bring PZ Myers closer to sex? Well, first one needs to think about the targets of PZ's lust. No. Not those ... restrict it to humans for now. Good. (And, yes, the smell of cat-piss has been rinsed from the wet-suit.)

Now ask yourself this: has the (human) target of PZ's lust ever done something that involves Steven Pinker? If that's not enough, start by focusing on ways in which Pinker and those associated with him (intellectually) might have either harmed the target of PZ's lust or allowed said target to do something that ended up making her look lazy, incompetent, and dishonest.

If you're still having difficulty, set the question aside, as psychology suggests that some things evolve.

Now you got it.

And, PZ ... bad news, dude. It ain't gunna work.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote: I guess that you invested so much energy into missing my point that you also missed where I said that I did not believe that this issue will remove all demographic differences. But it looks like one version of my point finally got through, given your question, so I'm happy enough.
I apologize for you not making any fucking sense. Now let's kiss.

Billie from Ockham

The next time that I want to make the point that anything other than actual target value of interest is, at best, only an estimate or proxy for the value of interest ... and that you need to think about ways in which it might be wrong ... and that you can't use arguments based on correlations to make this issue go away ... I'll try to remember this exchange.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

It's not anti Semitism when Muslims do it you fucking Nazi. :roll:

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

His lawyer stopped presenting a case for his defense - and agreed with everything the prosecution asserted.

There must be a moral in there somewhere - it's never a good idea to change horses in mid stream.

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

So is The New York Times an honorary member of the Slymepit?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

MarcusAu wrote:
His lawyer stopped presenting a case for his defense - and agreed with everything the prosecution asserted.

There must be a moral in there somewhere - it's never a good idea to change horses in mid stream.
Molesting horses is wrong.

Only consent makes it sexy.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Just say 'neigh'.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Shatterface wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

Believe the Houyhnhnms

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Shatterface wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

I have to wonder exactly what it was he was up to, about ten years ago Wisconsin finally got around to passing a beastiality statute after a rash of incidents of people interfering with the livestock. A couple of years later it had to be expanded to include dead animals, and no, you really don't want to know why.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Mudbrooker wrote:
I have to wonder exactly what it was he was up to, about ten years ago Wisconsin finally got around to passing a beastiality statute after a rash of incidents of people interfering with the livestock. A couple of years later it had to be expanded to include dead animals, and no, you really don't want to know why.
I wonder if it had anything to do with this?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Crazy Twitter lady makes 30+ tweets defending Little Paul from all the mean people giving him grief, accuses them of being "cultists" and "Pinkerites." Suggests PZ, herself, and some other dolt send in their own NYT op-eds to counter Singal's.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sunder wrote: Crazy Twitter lady makes 30+ tweets defending Little Paul from all the mean people giving him grief, accuses them of being "cultists" and "Pinkerites." Suggests PZ, herself, and some other dolt send in their own NYT op-eds to counter Singal's.
Pics, or it didn't happen.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Ain't got time to be doin' with archiving the whole thing but you can peruse her feed yourself. Here's that last bit though:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Note that I honestly have no idea who this person is, I was just trawling for mentions of the Bearded Taint's name on Twitter and this person kept popping up.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

When Pinker claims that SJW's create their own antagonists called the Alt Right he is exactly correct. And Marx would agree with him. It's called dialectics. Guess what disco back in the 70's created? People who hated disco. If you tell me the job is not mine even though I am the best qualified because I'm a white male, guess what you just created? Correct. Another person who hates race-gender based hiring and advocates for merit hiring.

This stuff, it isn't hard.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote: Note that I honestly have no idea who this person is, I was just trawling for mentions of the Bearded Taint's name on Twitter and this person kept popping up.
Apparently she's a playwright and a "cultural materialist".

Anyway basically they're doubling down on the smears, trying to paint Pinker as an alt-right sympathizer for having criticized the SocJus. Never mind that he's one of the biggest donors to the Democratic Party in academia. No, he criticized our sacred cows and didn't talk about the alt-right in a way we like (even though he was discussing ways to counter the alt-right message), so he's a secret Nazi/white supremacist.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The playwright is also obsessed with the fact that Pinker worked with (or better yet, was interviewed by) Razib Khan, because apparently Khan is some sort of Nazi/white supremacist/far-right secret agent and so Pinker is a "useful idiot" for the far right.

FYI, this is Razib Khan.

http://www.razib.com/Razib%20Khan%20%E2 ... 00x300.jpg

Truly, I can't tell him apart from Richard Spencer.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The playwright is also obsessed with the fact that Pinker worked with (or better yet, was interviewed by) Razib Khan, because apparently Khan is some sort of Nazi/white supremacist/far-right secret agent and so Pinker is a "useful idiot" for the far right.

FYI, this is Razib Khan.

http://www.razib.com/Razib%20Khan%20%E2 ... 00x300.jpg

Truly, I can't tell him apart from Richard Spencer.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote: Anyway basically they're doubling down on the smears, trying to paint Pinker as an alt-right sympathizer for having criticized the SocJus. Never mind that he's one of the biggest donors to the Democratic Party in academia. No, he criticized our sacred cows and didn't talk about the alt-right in a way we like (even though he was discussing ways to counter the alt-right message), so he's a secret Nazi/white supremacist.
Not to say they're not capable of doing damage, but they're at least shrinking in influence, mainly just a bunch of hacks doing their best to prop each other up.

Still, it's fucking galling to see someone go to bat for Myers for half a day on Twitter and still have the sheer nerve to call others "cultists." That's their fucking playbook. Don't immediately buy an easily refuted smear on someone? You must worship the ground they walk on. Fucking idiots.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sunder wrote: Note that I honestly have no idea who this person is, I was just trawling for mentions of the Bearded Taint's name on Twitter and this person kept popping up.
The only person I know who's a cultural materialist is anthropologist Marvin Harris. He critiqued postmodernist culture in the 1970's and found it harmful.

Anyway basically they're doubling down on the smears, trying to paint Pinker as an alt-right sympathizer for having criticized the SocJus. Never mind that he's one of the biggest donors to the Democratic Party in academia. No, he criticized our sacred cows and didn't talk about the alt-right in a way we like (even though he was discussing ways to counter the alt-right message), so he's a secret Nazi/white supremacist.

katamari Damassi

katamari Damassi wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
The only person I know who's a cultural materialist is anthropologist Marvin Harris. He critiqued postmodernist culture in the 1970's and found it harmful.

I hate this fucking little white comment box.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Harris

katamari Damassi

Over at Shakesville, a WaPo reporter wanted to private message McEwen to ask her some questions. McEwen demanded to know what he wanted to ask her about. The reporter sends his bonafides and asked why she was demanding to know the questions and why not just let him private message her? McEwen says she get's a lot of online abuse. Reporter asks if she thinks a WaPo reporter would ask permission to message her just to hurl abuse. McEwen gets angry and says she doesn't care about his resume. Reporter tweets that maybe it was for the best that she refused, because she's kind of psycho. McEwen sees this as evidence of abuse.

http://www.shakesville.com/2018/01/here ... ening.html

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

RIP Bella Emberg, AKA Blunder Woman.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42671503

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

With not one hint of irony. :lol:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Tuvok's jizz will go sub-orbital from this pounding of PZ over at WEIT:

It got me aroused.

But I won't climax properly until I personally witness PZ sobbing, in chains, and being led to a dark, dank, dungeon with only a herpes-infested rat for company.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

It got me aroused.

But I won't climax properly until I personally witness PZ sobbing, in chains, and being led to a dark, dank, dungeon with only a herpes-infested rat for company.

If he's true to form for his lot, tbh he'd be into that.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

katamari Damassi wrote: Over at Shakesville, a WaPo reporter wanted to private message McEwen to ask her some questions. McEwen demanded to know what he wanted to ask her about. The reporter sends his bonafides and asked why she was demanding to know the questions and why not just let him private message her? McEwen says she get's a lot of online abuse. Reporter asks if she thinks a WaPo reporter would ask permission to message her just to hurl abuse. McEwen gets angry and says she doesn't care about his resume. Reporter tweets that maybe it was for the best that she refused, because she's kind of psycho. McEwen sees this as evidence of abuse.

http://www.shakesville.com/2018/01/here ... ening.html
Love the comments too.

verucaamish • 8 hours ago
Not sure if it's a derail but did a google search and that man's career is a litany of male privilege. It is both unsurprising and disgusting that he feels like he is entitled to DM Liss.
It's almost like these people think in buzzwords. Privilege, entitled, toxic masculinity, patriarchy, rape culture, male gaze, misogyny, enthusiastic consent...

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Couldn't he just turn the sound down or wear headphones so his parents can't hear him watching porn like the rest of us did?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

PZ Myers lies again, or maybe he's just very, very dumb:
I have now been accused of “smearing” and “distorting” Pinker’s words, and gotten all kinds of fun hate mail. Alas, nobody has been able to show where my arguments actually distort Pinker’s claims; he really does argue that “political correctness” is driving people to the alt-right, and that there are all these “facts” that Leftist Academics refuse to discuss on campus, which drives students further right when they discover that they’ve been lied to. It is a bullshit contrafactual, wrong and dishonest in every way, and the best people can do is say, “well, there’s some parts afterwards that are more nuanced, and you ignored those”. Nope, that’s irrelevant. When someone states outright lies, it doesn’t matter if later they say something else.
No, the best people can do is say "look at the news on campus, and look at what conservative groups are saying and who they're inviting to speak, you fucking dipshit". Apparently Peezus has never heard, or pretends to have never heard, of the Evergreen College brouhaha, or the Laurier scandal. He never took a look at the rising popularity of Jordan Peterson among many young people, and never asked himself why, and what it has to do with the Pronoun Wars.

Ask yourself WHY the conservative students invited Milo fucking Yannopoulos or Ben Shapiro to speak, and like them, or why the students in your own fucking university put a conservative paper in your mailbox. Pinker gave you the answers, if you bothered to stop visualizing your students as mermaids and listened to what they're talking about you'd understand that he's right.
He thinks maybe I was a leetle too aggressively in-Pinker’s-face, to put it mildly, but then I think he’s a leetle too charitable,
Quit trying to write like a kid, Myers, you're a grown ass adult, that's fucking pathetic, and not a "leetle" creepy.
If you look at the kinds of arguments Pinker often makes, they reduce to blaming the Left/Progressives/Liberals for things that the Right/Republicans/racists do. Somehow it’s always possible to make the worst things the alt-right does entirely the fault of those who oppose them, and also, he never bothers to say what we’re supposed to do instead. Encourage racists? Say kind things about them? Compromise on fundamental issues: suggest that maybe black people are only a little bit inferior rather than a lot inferior?
You fucking dishonest cunt. Pinker answered to those questions in the part of the interview which you've refused to watch: counter the alt-right narrative without denying data, like explaining differential rates of commission of crimes with differential rates of poverty. You dumbass.
No. He clearly says that the alt-right’s beliefs are the fault of the “PC” Left, which says nothing about making better arguments to oppose them, and is a falsehood. His talk was about doling out the blame to the Left, not about fighting the alt-right. If you listen to the whole 8-minute video, what you hear is Pinker first saying that you can’t voice certain facts on campus, then stating those facts (self-refutation, anyone?), then explaining that his facts are more complex than he let on,
which is what the college professors he’s blaming already do.
Is it possible to really be this stupid? In the same paragraph PeeZee says that Pinker's talk is "not about fighting the alt-right" and then he talks about how Pinker is "explaining that his facts are more complex". THAT's Pinker's strategy for fighting the alt-right, you moron!

And you have the gall of accusing Pinker of "self-contradiction" (projection, anyone? :lol: ) for saying that you can't voice certain facts WITHIN CAMPUS CULTURE, then voicing the same facts WHILE HE WAS AT AN EVENT THAT WASN'T RAN BY CAMPUS AUTHORITIES.

How did Myers get a degree in biology, or even just graduate high school? I really hope he's just playing dumb for the sake of his brain-dead Horde.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Err yes I think we'll leave it there hey Sky News, wouldn't want any inconvenient truths now would we. :?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

No, they don't. Or not well enough, according to Pinker, since the alt-right uses those facts as part of their propaganda. And since college professors seem more interested in teaching Patriarchy or Standpoint Theory rather than why men and women are biologically different, but that's a matter of averages, or why it's true that rates of convictions are different between racial groups, but that's because of variety of factors and there's no evidence that it's due to race, it seems that Pinker was right.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

No, they don't. Or not well enough, according to Pinker, since the alt-right uses those facts as part of their propaganda. And since college professors seem more interested in teaching Patriarchy or Standpoint Theory rather than why men and women are biologically different, but that's a matter of averages, or why it's true that rates of convictions are different between racial groups, but that's because of variety of factors and there's no evidence that it's due to race, it seems that Pinker was right.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

That 'leetle' of Myers isn't him being a kid, that's him taking the piss out of a Mexican accent.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

https://www.facebook.com/007.Billionair ... 591716597/

That is some good squatting.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Lsuoma wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:27 pm
RIP Bella Emberg, AKA Blunder Woman.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42671503
How strange, I was thinking about her just the other day after I saw Susie Blake on TV, so I looked her up on Wikipedia. I went and saw the Russ Abbot show at the Cliffs Pavilion back in the 1980s... It was funny back then but watching youtube clips, definitely kids entertainment by today's standards.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:45 pm
Err yes I think we'll leave it there hey Sky News, wouldn't want any inconvenient truths now would we. :?

Oh come on.... Sky News keep inviting on "dusky" commentators to give the mayor a real good kicking, then they act like it was a complete surprise, asi if they just invited some guy in off the street and had no idea what he was going to say.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

MacGruberKnows wrote: https://www.facebook.com/007.Billionair ... 591716597/

I'm generally not in favour of physical exercise but I don't mind watching other people do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwcL_5cyKFg

John D

Post by John D »

Just a personal note so skip it if you want.

The missus had an ok week. I am happy for that. Her sister has been in the hospital for a week and has been on and off a ventilator. Today her sister decided she did not want to go back on the vent and told the hospital staff that she did not want them to vent her anymore. She just wants to be comfortable and told us she could not live through the torture of the vent anymore. The beginning of the end I guess. She is dying. She had a bad stroke 9 months ago and has made almost no progress in recovery. She has seizures, can't use her right side, can barely use her left side, has an incurable bladder infection (over 6 months)... and now has mrsa in her lungs.

She was high on something when we visited her tonight.... probably morphine... and we had a great visit... laughing about her escapades .. drunk and doing doughnuts in the car.

I respect her for calling it quits. I hope I would do the same under her condition. I feel a bit of relief and I try not to feel guilty about it. My wife has felt a great burden in taking care of her sisters papers and bills and personal needs. While I wish no one harm.... I hope this ends smoothly as this will remove a great burden from my wife.

Anyway.... thanks for listening.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

John D wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:01 am
This is really quite good. I am 20 minutes in and have already enjoyed it. I think someone posted the Pinker part... but this is the whole thing.

So Pinker is just as out of touch with reality as the rest of academia. Trump has been in office a year; what has he done which is so awful? It was always obvious that all Trump was ever going to do was change a few laws (if he could), most of which would be aimed at boosting the economy, which is what he has done. The "Trump is a dangerous lunatic" narrative is flogging a dead horse. Meanwhile the SJWs have fucked our entire culture.
When you factor in the brazen corruption of the Clintons and DNC, it really should have been a slam-dunk, if it weren't for the zombie-like tribalism of people on the left.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

VickyCaramel wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote: blurp
I'm generally not in favour of physical exercise but I don't mind watching other people do it.

grurp
She's no Jenneke, that's for sure.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote: Just a personal note so skip it if you want.

The missus had an ok week. I am happy for that. Her sister has been in the hospital for a week and has been on and off a ventilator. Today her sister decided she did not want to go back on the vent and told the hospital staff that she did not want them to vent her anymore. She just wants to be comfortable and told us she could not live through the torture of the vent anymore. The beginning of the end I guess. She is dying. She had a bad stroke 9 months ago and has made almost no progress in recovery. She has seizures, can't use her right side, can barely use her left side, has an incurable bladder infection (over 6 months)... and now has mrsa in her lungs.

She was high on something when we visited her tonight.... probably morphine... and we had a great visit... laughing about her escapades .. drunk and doing doughnuts in the car.

I respect her for calling it quits. I hope I would do the same under her condition. I feel a bit of relief and I try not to feel guilty about it. My wife has felt a great burden in taking care of her sisters papers and bills and personal needs. While I wish no one harm.... I hope this ends smoothly as this will remove a great burden from my wife.

Anyway.... thanks for listening.
Stay cool, John. Sounds like it's a rational considered decision. I like to think I'd do the same. I had pancreatitis a couple of years ago, for which they gave me four shots of IV hydromorphone (Dilaudid) over three hours. If I was in chronic intense pain, I'd love to be able to float myself out on that.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

So what does the pit think of Sargon's new 'Liberalist' movement, is he on a worthwhile crusade or is it just Cringe as Mr Metokur has suggested. Here he is fending off a few Alt-Right critics.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

My current record is 0/100 for predicting how such things will turn out...

...that said, I don't think that Sargon will be able to translate his online popularity into a real world political movement - especially if the following is the standard of his criticism of others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbLnM_1def4

I wouldn't count out the mainstream media just yet to start and maintain a long term campaign to grind him (and his associates) down.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

VickyCaramel wrote:
John D wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:01 am

So Pinker is just as out of touch with reality as the rest of academia. Trump has been in office a year; what has he done which is so awful? It was always obvious that all Trump was ever going to do was change a few laws (if he could), most of which would be aimed at boosting the economy, which is what he has done. The "Trump is a dangerous lunatic" narrative is flogging a dead horse. Meanwhile the SJWs have fucked our entire culture.
When you factor in the brazen corruption of the Clintons and DNC, it really should have been a slam-dunk, if it weren't for the zombie-like tribalism of people on the left.
No one on the panel was a Trump supporter.

That said, at least one of the panelists had spoken to Trump supporters and asked them what they think.

Next thing would be to actually have a Trump supporter on to speak for themselves. But you know..baby steps.

(Perhaps a better title for the vid would be: "How those on the Left can come to terms with the Trump Presidency").

feathers

Post by feathers »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:59 pm
When Pinker claims that SJW's create their own antagonists called the Alt Right he is exactly correct. And Marx would agree with him. It's called dialectics. Guess what disco back in the 70's created? People who hated disco. If you tell me the job is not mine even though I am the best qualified because I'm a white male, guess what you just created? Correct. Another person who hates race-gender based hiring and advocates for merit hiring.
Perhaps PZ's biggest gripe, though, is the statement that those alt-righters may very well be intelligent people.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote: That 'leetle' of Myers isn't him being a kid, that's him taking the piss out of a Mexican accent.
This makes it even worse, if true.