There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
SM1957

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by SM1957 »

Bhurzum wrote: Something tells me there'll be a few less "moderate" enemies muslims following this event:
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The Freedom Party of Dutch anti-Islam politician Geert Wilders will hold a competition of cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammad, it said on Tuesday.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-neth ... SKBN1J81ZN

Bullets tend to cause apostasy... :lol:
In the West, exhibitions of art need armed guards prepared to shoot art critics.

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/03/us/m ... t-shooting

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

SM1957 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: It's quite possible that Peterson will end up being more of a divider than a uniter.
I think a lot of people are listening to him because they think that what he says is more grounded in reality than the crazy fantasies peddled by others of 'white privilege', '57 genders' , 'patriarchy', 'intersectionalism' etc People do want to understand the world they live in and they think Peterson does

It is a strange world where somebody who talks about Jungian archetypes is considered more reality-based than many articles we read in the New York Times or Washington Post.
Well there's a dichotemy for you. If it's not Dean it must be Frank...(or must it?).

It is a strange world (and probably alwyas has been)...on balance I rather like it...

"O wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world
That has such people in't!"

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

SM1957 wrote: art critics
Now there's a lulzy new term for the fuckers!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... IzNUuUFzRO

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:45 am
Maybe they're testing Supersoldier Donuts on him.

https://i.imgur.com/xKSRuQm.jpg
Don't doxx Bhurzum now.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

feathers wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:45 am
Maybe they're testing Supersoldier Donuts on him.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/xKSRuQm.jpg[img]
Don't doxx Bhurzum now.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

That reminds me, plugging this channel - father/daughter team who produce some damned fine covers of popular tracks.

Check out their channel, plenty to see/hear, folks.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Here you go.

Women in Sweden are cucking their low T men in favour of patriarchal dominant Muslim migrants and therefore should be denied positions of power.

:think:

Seems legit.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

How has Islamic immigration fared in countries without welfare states or other sort of dole programmes? I'm trying to find out information about this but I can't get any clear like, input.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The West will never fall.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

rayshul wrote: How has Islamic immigration fared in countries without welfare states or other sort of dole programmes? I'm trying to find out information about this but I can't get any clear like, input.
Poorly

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/17/asia ... index.html

AllanW

Post by AllanW »

Tell me if I'm reading this right;

Over a 20 year period of unprecedented migration the Aryan proportion reduces from 93.5% of the population to 87% and you get frightened witless?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

AllanW wrote:

Over a 20 year period of unprecedented migration the Aryan proportion reduces from 93.5% of the population to 87% and you get frightened witless?
AllanW wrote:

Well, Londoners have been stabbed in the back by what has happened to Britain. Soon we will have to have concrete bollards on main streets in cities to stop vans, Then it will be but a short step to having to have armed policemen to guard Christmas markets.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: The West will never fall.

If you think Britain was ever like Downton Abbey, that's precisely your problem.

Most of us aren't nostalgic for a fantasy world in which most of us would be wiping the arses of people too rich to do it themselves.

AllanW

Post by AllanW »

SM1957 wrote:

Well, Londoners have been stabbed in the back by what has happened to Britain. Soon we will have to have concrete bollards on main streets in cities to stop vans, Then it will be but a short step to having to have armed policemen to guard Christmas markets.
I don't think I've ever been as terrified as you appear to be here. Wanna hug?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Here’s a story from my great grandfather’s memoirs that potential doxxes me:

A small village near the Russian border. This is the time where toilets are starting to become a thing, but there isn’t a sewerage system yet, most people going out in the field.

A Church was about to be Christened. The Russian Orthodox bishop was coming to open it. The mayor of the town thought it would be great to build a toilet in the town because the bishop would appreciate it.

It was built up a flight of stairs so a boy could stand underneath, holding a bowel. As no one had used a toilet before, he was also instructed to wipe the arse of the user when he thought they were done.

The bishop came, the Church was opened, and a big party was had. Towards the end of the party, everyone was slightly drunk, and in need of loosening their belts.

The bishop asked for toilet facilities. The mayor proudly led him to the toilet and drunkenly waited at the bottom. A few minutes later an almighty scream came from the toilet.

The boy had wiped once when the bishop was done. This caused the bishop to jump up and peer into the hole. The low light conditions meant the boy had thought a second wipe was necessary and gone again on his face.

The mayor never recovered.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: Umm

Efficient rail services are a notoriously reliable indicator or a happy, healthy society.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Are you Hans Christian Andersen?

Keating

Post by Keating »

My parents just left Russia having had their trans-Siberian train trip cut short as the carriages were commandeered by the Russian government for the World Cup.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

AllanW wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

I don't think I've ever been as terrified as you appear to be here. Wanna hug?
Where do you live?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

It's a good job we've got Russia defending Europe from the Saracen Horde otherwise we'd end up looking like Iran.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... Tower2.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... Moscow.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote:

If you think Britain was ever like Downton Abbey, that's precisely your problem.

Most of us aren't nostalgic for a fantasy world in which most of us would be wiping the arses of people too rich to do it themselves.
A guy exchanging barely-understandable obscenities with a woman in a poor part of a British town actually IS a bit like real Downtown Abbey times.

However the guy is wearing a suit, so he's probably richer than the average resident of a London Victorian slum. Well, he might be slumming, just like the old British aristocracy. Old habits die hard?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

AllanW wrote:

“White British” in 2011 made up 82% of UK. (Poles look best in Poland)

But only 79% in England. Seems fewer immigrants make the mistake of wandering way up North.
And just 45% in London.

Any guesses what the figures might be today?

As in Sydney and Melbourne, the main centres capitulate and the rural locales can culturally, politically and economically wither in their own time.

I’d post a link to a stats heavy moderate-lib vid.

If I could.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Umm

Efficient rail services are a notoriously reliable indicator or a happy, healthy society.
That’s the joke.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:

htt.ps://twitter.com/ritapanahi/status/1006787394278952962?s=21

Then I guess you aren’t interested in the video I surreptitiously shot at the Sydney Opera House last Friday were we were allowed to bring in very small plastic cups of $12 champagne to toast the Queen? A great time was had by all. You can just make out my small flag waving proudly in frame.

It was a very polite alt right rally.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:53 pm
Brive1987 wrote: See if you can make an argument that doesn’t include the SS and mass murder.
Since we were talking about Dugin, a guy who admires the SS, I didn't think that the comparison was inappropriate.
In Russia, an argument could be made that your liberal democracy would put a stake through the heart of the collective and result in net negative happiness. They may well benefit from having clicked the dial with more gusto.

What's a few dead journalist, militarism, rampant corruption, the rule of organized crime and people going to jail for criticizing the government when you have the Precious Sacred Collective Traditions?

Also the "happiness" part is questionable.
The simple fact is the jury remains out on modern day liberal democracy (ie post WWI), especially in Europe. The post Cold War expression of this system may well accomplish what two conflagrations failed to achieve. [Insert the requisite Churchill quote here]
Yes, immigration is just as dire as the aftermath of two world wars, maybe even worse. :bjarte:
Might I suggest that the more extreme policies of Putin and Dugin (such as they can be determined), be divorced from the appreciation of the state of the Russian people and their veneration of Russian tradition. It is possible that Dugin might be a good pointer to the Russian psyche and that there may be very good reasons why a "fourth way" might be the appropriate solution for modern-day Russia, minus some of the Duginism. This is just one of the reasons why it is dangerous to make a "free speech pariah" out of such people. Not being an empath, I'll have to take Southern at her word and accept that this is her angle, that it is important not to try to "disappear" the likes of Dugin from the public forum. He may be crazy, but there may be a kernel of truth in his craziness essential to know when dealing with Russia.

I also get the impression that Dugin is a bit of a dreamer in that he thinks it possible be a "tolerant" Nazi. He regards the racism of the Nazis as a German quirk, so I think it wise to examine his admiration for the SS in a bit more detail. In some sense he may be a little incoherent so drawing inferences may be misleading.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Then I guess you aren’t interested in the video I surreptitiously shot at the Sydney Opera House last Friday were we were allowed to bring in very small plastic cups of $12 champagne to toast the Queen? A great time was had by all. You can just make out my small flag waving proudly in frame.

It was a very polite alt right rally.
Your national pride is invested in saluting our monarch.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Quote fail.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I thought it was possible to be a patriot and also to execute your head of state.

In fact many of the hard fought for freedoms in the UK are based on the fact that this is just what people have done in the past. (And could do again if push came to shove).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote: Quote fail.
We are happy to share her with you.
The monarchy of Australia is a form of government in which a hereditary king or queen serves as the nation's sovereign. Australia is governed under a form of constitutional monarchy, largely modelled on the Westminster system of parliamentary government, while incorporating features unique to the Constitution of Australia.

The present monarch is Elizabeth II, styled Queen of Australia,[1] who has reigned since 6 February 1952. She is represented in Australia by the Governor-General, in accordance with the Australian Constitution and letters patent from the Queen.[2][3][4] In each of the states, the monarch is represented by a governor, appointed directly by the Queen on the advice of each of her respective state governments.

The Australian monarch, besides reigning in Australia, separately serves as monarch for each of 15 other Commonwealth realms. This developed from the former colonial relationship between these countries and the United Kingdom, but they are now independent of each other and are legally distinct.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

MarcusAu wrote: I thought it was possible to be a patriot and also to execute your head of state.

In fact many of the hard fought for freedoms in the UK are based on the fact that this is just what people have done in the past. (And could do again if push came to shove).
It's absolutely possible to be a patriot and execute your head of state. It's not possible to be a patriot and worship the head of another state.

If people in the U.K. did that there are plenty of ethnonationalists who'd like to kick them out.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

diversity is our strength

Keating

Post by Keating »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote: We are happy to share her with you.
If you went independent what would you rename Queensland?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Checkmate...mate.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: We are happy to share her with you.
If you went independent what would you rename Queensland?
“Pretty damn fine”

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: He may be crazy, but there may be a kernel of truth in his craziness essential to know when dealing with Russia.
The problem is that by not challenging Dugin, by presenting him only as the "pariah" without the madness, people like Southern are legitimizing him, allowing him a megaphone for his propaganda.

There's a kernel of truth in all craziness. Hell, even the SocJus has more than a kernel of truth to them. Police shootings in the US exist, they're often hard to justify, and die to a series of reasons they impact black people more than their percentage of the US citizenship. People who use the internet to spread death threats exist. Rapists and sexual harassers exist. And it's normal to be concerned about them, especially as a woman. This doesn't mean that we live in a "rape culture" or that "the police is genociding blacks". But if leave out the pomo deconstruction at its heart the SocJus is based on things that exist and ARE unjust. They simply face them in a counterproductive, or baseless ways at times.

And the SocJus, annoying and counterproductive as it can be, is not advocating for killing journalists and critics, they're not in power, and even if they were they'd be limited by the inherent limits of power of a liberal democracy like the United States.

Still we and a lot of other people HEAVILY criticize the SocJus, we don't just parrot their views.

Dugin has ties to the highest Russian authorities, his speeches are sometimes used by them to justify some of their actions of the Russian regime, he has advocated political murders. He's several magnitudes more dangerous or effective than an Amanda Marcotte or a PZ Myers or an Anita Sarkeesian.

It's one thing to be wanting to study the guy, or to challenge him in a tough interview. It's another to give him a soapbox to an audience which is already sympathetic to some of his ideas. Southern has praised Dugin as someone who "speaks to the spirit of Russia" like Jordan Peterson "speaks to the spirit of the West". That's high praise, considering that her fanbase has a big overlap with Peterson. She's basically selling Dugin's ideas and recommendations to the alt-right, and to "American conservatives" in general.

Now, if she wants to diffuse far-right ideas, that's her right, but people who don't want to, and who are pointing out how far-right she is, aren't "shaming her" or "silencing her", they're simply telling it like it is. Maybe Southern isn't spreading Dugin's neo-fascism intentionally and knowingly, maybe she's genuinely convinced that he's just a victim, a "free speech pariath". But in practice she IS diffusing his ideas to her audience, and listening to his recommendations.

If Dan Arel or Peezus interviewed a well-spoken representative of the People's Republic of North Korea, who explained in calm and collected tones how the US need a peaceful path to a communism to smash the Capitalist Patriarchy, and if said representative had previously written about how those who resist are being "aggressive towards the revolution" need to be put down, or about how the the South Koreans need a genocide of the corrupted capitalists, everyone here would lose their mind, aggressively call for atheist associations to throw out both of them, and for people to spam their propaganda for the North Korean regime everywhere, so that it'd never be forgotten.

But it's a hot blonde doing it, and she's an "anti-SJW", so she gets a pass.
I also get the impression that Dugin is a bit of a dreamer in that he thinks it possible be a "tolerant" Nazi. He regards the racism of the Nazis as a German quirk, so I think it wise to examine his admiration for the SS in a bit more detail. In some sense he may be a little incoherent so drawing inferences may be misleading.
If he really believes this he's not a dreamer, he's a moron.

If you read some of what he's written his intent become more clear: he's opposed to the racism of the Nazis towards the Eastern Slavs because he's a Eastern Slav and promoting an Eastern Slavic identity, but he's not opposed to the idea that the collective ethnic identity has a right to purge traitors and extraneous bodies.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Brive1987 wrote: diversity is our strength
It's why we are doing better than the Chinese.

Diverse countries like Brazil and Germany will do better at the World Cup than countries which are not diverse, such as Tunisia, Senegal , Iran and Nigeria.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The biggest problem that Dugin has with Hitler is that Hitler didn't like the Russians.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Kirbmarc wrote: The biggest problem that Dugin has with Hitler is that Hitler didn't like the Russians.
Stalin wasn't Russian.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM1957 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: The biggest problem that Dugin has with Hitler is that Hitler didn't like the Russians.
Stalin wasn't Russian.
And Hitler wasn't German but does that really matter?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

comhcinc wrote:
SM1957 wrote:
Stalin wasn't Russian.
Stalin was no more Russian than the Ukrainians are Russian. He was from Georgia.

It would solve this whole Crimea/Putin/Kiev business if we just accepted that they are all Ruskies.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM1957 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
SM1957 wrote:
Stalin wasn't Russian.
Stalin was no more Russian than the Ukrainians are Russian. He was from Georgia.

It would solve this whole Crimea/Putin/Kiev business if we just accepted that they are all Ruskies.
I can accept whatever I want. I am not there and I can't tell those people they are a bunch of dirty reds if they don't feel they are.

Sorry, I know this is an odd concept for some folks in the world but I am very much a 'Merica who feels everyone has the right to self-govern.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirb is very concerned about Southern’s subversive blonde hotness. And the lack of mental agency of her devotees, who are apparently acted upon.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

screwtape wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:31 am
Ape+lust wrote: So, I guess the plan is to feed him until he explodes?

https://imgur.com/fqc7Zne.jpg

4 months ago...

https://imgur.com/1qzCK5v.jpg
I think psychiatric meds can cause bloating like this, though screwtape or similar would be a more reliable source of info.
Some SSRIs, especially paroxetine/Paxil, cause weight gain, and mirtazepine/Remeron can increase appetite to the point where one eats until in pain, but the hunger remains. Major tranqillisers - phenothiazines (eg chlorpromazine), butyrophenones (eg haloperidol) and especially the atypicals (risperidone, quetiapine and olanzepine) also cause weight gain through increased appetite and lethargy, to the point where they cause type 2 diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension and stroke and certainly shorten life expectancy. Evil drugs, and only to be used where clearly necessary. Sadly, we seem to be using vast amounts of them on naughty children, demented seniors and as a 'liquid cosh' in the prison system. The guy above is probably on both an SSRI and an atypical given his circumstances.
That and the extreme unhealthiness of american prison food: bland starchy carbohydrates that fuel hunger and does little to satiate combined with the utter lethargy and boredom of jail. Most inmates get fat from it. From the pictures it looks like 10-15 kg. Not unreasonable weightgain in 4 months of unhealthy living.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote: Kirb is very concerned about Southern’s subversive blonde hotness. And the lack of mental agency of her devotees, who are apparently acted upon.
Of course pointing out Southern's shortcomings means exactly that her devotees have no agency. It's not just justifiable criticism or anything. That would be silly.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

SM1957 wrote:
Stalin wasn't Russian.
Hitler didn't care.
The Generalplan Ost (German pronunciation: [ɡenəˈʁaːlˌplaːn ˈɔst]; English: Master Plan for the East), abbreviated GPO, was the German government's plan for the genocide and ethnic cleansing on a vast scale, and colonization of Central and Eastern Europe by Germans. It was to be undertaken in territories occupied by Germany during World War II. The plan was partially realized during the war, resulting indirectly and directly in a very large number of deaths, but its full implementation was not considered practicable during the major military operations, and was prevented by Germany's defeat.[1][2]

The plan entailed the enslavement, expulsion, and mass murder of most Slavic peoples (and substantial parts of the Baltic peoples, especially Lithuanians and Latgalians[3]) in Europe along with planned destruction of their nations, whom the 'Aryan' Nazis viewed as racially inferior
The racism of the Nazis wasn't a "quirk", it was their core motivation. And Nazis were virulently opposed to Eastern Slaves, including Russians.

John D

Post by John D »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:49 pm
It's insane to me how certain people rightly oppose islamic theocracy but then pine for the Good Old Days of Traditional Christianity. This idea is just as dumb as the Regressive Leftists who whine about how Christianity is bigoted but islam is Feminist and Intersectional.
I think Jordan Peterson has a really valid point here, that is really hard to understand and get across.

It is undeniable that the West is founded on many Ancient Greek and Christian ideas. Many of the ways we in the West understand the mind and body, for example, are based on the discussions the ancient Greeks had about it over 2000 years ago. (This is on my mind because it came up in an acting class I’m taking).

We’ve been doing a number of social experiments in the West, largely driven by technology that are undermining these foundations. Immigration and the birth control pill are just two examples.

There’s clearly problems arising out of these experiments. The best analogy I can think of is the automobile. That solved a real problem with horse shit and brought numerous other improvements. However, how long did it take us to notice the problem of billions of internal combustion engines pumping out carbon dioxide? Have we even managed to address that problem in any coherent way? All these experiments we’re running could be social disasters equal to or worse than climate change is to the environment.

The (original) progressive position, fundamentally, is that technology will always be able to solve our problems. I’m not sure that’s true. It is certainly possibly that we, as humans, just aren’t capable of living with certain technologies. A.I. may be one of those, that Sam Harris worries about a lot.

Another solution may be something equivalent to the way the Amish approach technology. It isn’t that they completely shun things like the telephone, but that they choose not to have them in their houses. They’ll have a communal one, because the telephone is useful, but they believe it takes something away from family life.

As the Greek and Christian ideas are our foundation, reinforcing them may be another solution to the instability caused by our social experiments. Unmooring ourselves completely from our foundations seems like a recipe for disaster. What the regressive left types are doing is even worse; they are unmooring society deliberately with the explicit goal of destroying it, largely because they are completely unaware of historical attempts to do so that have ended in bloodshed.

I’m not even sure I’ve articulated this idea properly. This idea is right at the limits of my grasp, which is a fairly novel experience for me.
A few thoughts of my own (or really... probably borrowed from others).

Harris is being strangely reactionary regarding AI. There is nothing magically risky with AI or any other kind of information style technology. Harris looks like a Luddite try to destroy machinery by tossing a wrench in the works. Why is AI so special that it is more risky that any technology... steam trains... autos... computers... TVs... radios... the interblogs. People are not that good at reliably predicting the future because we don't really know how these new inventions will affect us. In my opinion, worrying about the future, and pretending you can make changes now to combat some future unknowable risks is a waste of energy.

The Amish are a kind of social parasite. They can exist because they operate on the edges of modern technology. I was in the Harrisburg area a few years ago. Sure, it is fun to buy some hand made furniture from some old religious dood... but the Amish rely of the rest of us for most of their success. They use electricity they buy from the market. They use modern fabrics and building materials. They rely on others to employ giant machines and factories to cut the wood they use. It is a joke really. And, as long as the number of Amish stay low they can exist as social parasite. This is how parasites work. There can't be too many parasites or they kill their host species.

Finally, my thinking is that the pendulum swings. Many foundational ideas are tested by the young and reckless. Most of the good ideas get tested and are found to be useful. They change a bit over time.... but the great ideas of Western thought keep coming back. The risk to me is that people test the old ideas too severely and cause a lot of suffering. My daughter's divorce after being in a poly marriage is an example. The whole fucking ordeal made her briefly suicidal and put her into a psych hospital. Testing old ideas comes at great risk.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Kirb is very concerned about Southern’s subversive blonde hotness. And the lack of mental agency of her devotees, who are apparently acted upon.
Of course pointing out Southern's shortcomings means exactly that her devotees have no agency. It's not just justifiable criticism or anything. That would be silly.
People need to be protected from themselves.
It's one thing to be wanting to study the guy, or to challenge him in a tough interview. It's another to give him a soapbox to an audience which is already sympathetic to some of his ideas.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Yup, bang on, dude, bullseye, that's exactly what I'm doing, well done!

Propaganda doesn't exist and never existed. If you claim it does exist, you're claiming that people have no mental agency and are brainless morons, because only brainless morons fall for false or exaggerated news, am I right? All those people in Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia, man, what a bunch of complete idiots they were for falling for the propaganda of their political leaders. All the Trump voters are completely without mental agency if they listen to Fox News and happen to buy into some of their falsehoods or exaggerations. All the SJWs are just mindless robots repeating what they're told. They're all lacking mental agency, and are acted upon.

Or maybe perhaps we're all susceptible to confirmation bias and vulnerable to propaganda, especially if we don't know a lot about the subjects of which the propagandists are talking about. Perhaps we need a specific quality to LEARN how not to trust our own biases, including our political biases. How was it called...skepticism?

Also saying that people use double standards here, and poking fun at how pretty everyone here seems to have commented on how more attractive the alt-right women are when compared to the SocJus poster girls, is totally implying that Southern is a subversive temptress, which means I'm a sexist pig who isn't fighting for a Strong Female Figure.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
It's one thing to be wanting to study the guy, or to challenge him in a tough interview. It's another to give him a soapbox to an audience which is already sympathetic to some of his ideas.
So when Linda Sarsour praises Louis Farrakhan and uses his material in her speeches, pointing this out is authoritarian, because it implies that people need to be protected from themselves. Got it.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

British politicians continue to insist that the only way Britain can survive as a country is by importing people from other countries because we are dying out. https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... b7a0e30fa8

John D

Post by John D »

Kirb and Brive.... WTF! Shut the fuck up! How many times can you guys beat on each other with the same arguments..... over and over and over. It is almost time to put you on ignore. Either write something interesting or stop.... just stop.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Me, idiot: "Louis Farrakhan is a virulent anti-semitic and anti-white racist, Tamika Mallory and Linda Sarsour are whitewashing his ideas by presenting him as a dissident preacher persecuted by white supremacy"

You, genius: "Yeah, that's fair. She's really dishonest".

Me, idiot: "The Qu'ran is full of terrible messages, the muslim apologists are whitewashing its message by cherry-picking the best parts and presenting the book as a religion of peace, and all criticism as religious persecution"

You, genius: "True, true, how can they be so defensive and dishonest?"

After a while....

Me, still an idiot: "Aleksandr Dugin is a reactionary supporter of political violence, Southern is whitewashing his ideas by presenting him as a dissident intellectual persecuted by the Liberal Establishment."

You, genius: "How dare you reveal these things to the audience, are you implying that they can't think for themselves? You should be ashamed of your liberal censorship! Ashamed, I say!"

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Is it just me, or does the last series of arguments sound exactly like that Wilfred Laurier university group presenting arguments as to why Lindsay Shepherd should not have played that Jordan Peterson tape?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
So Southern did challenge his views and not present him as propaganda? Or did she just give him a soapbox as Kirb said?

You sure have different standards for people that happen to agree with your ideology.

CaptainFluffyBunny

fuzzy wrote: Is it just me, or does the last series of arguments sound exactly like that Wilfred Laurier university group presenting arguments as to why Lindsay Shepherd should not have played that Jordan Peterson tape?
Nobody is arguing that Southern be shut up or fired, they're criticizing her for giving a softball interview to a nut-job. Same as we would for somebody giving SocJus as softball interview. You challenge bad ideas.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote: Kirb and Brive.... WTF! Shut the fuck up! How many times can you guys beat on each other with the same arguments..... over and over and over. It is almost time to put you on ignore. Either write something interesting or stop.... just stop.
You know this reminds me of this time in wrestling...

CaptainFluffyBunny

John D wrote: Kirb and Brive.... WTF! Shut the fuck up! How many times can you guys beat on each other with the same arguments..... over and over and over. It is almost time to put you on ignore. Either write something interesting or stop.... just stop.
Both are moderators and cannot be put on ignore. There is a thread for the ethnostate crap, but Brive insists on our attention here.

AllanW

Post by AllanW »

fuzzy wrote:
Where do you live?
Why?