There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Dokkit you thick cunt, do some googling before you open your trap will you.
Tommy Robinson's birth name is Stephen Yaxley, his parents divorced when he was a child and his mother remarried a man with the surname Lennon, hence the Yaxley-Lennon double barrel, he had no choice in the matter, he was a kid. And contrary to your biases it is not uncommon in the UK for people from the 'wrong side of the tracks' shall we say to have double barrelled names, it isn't exclusive to the upper crust, in fact double barrel names are becoming more popular with many trendy new couples pairing both their names instead of the wife automatically taking the husbands name.

He gave himself the moniker "Tommy Robinson" as a way of trying to protect his family's identity, the name comes from a former Luton Town FC football hooligan. Why he chose that particular name? You'd have to ask him.

Also you wrote:
All he needed to do was let them find the fuckers guilty and then report on it the next day. Pissing off judges is a bad idea, unless you low-key want to get in trouble, grab all the attention, and make everything about you. He should have done the work of a reporter and not of a publicity-stunt artist.
He was doing the work of a reporter, as was pointed out in the live stream video that Brive posted he was the only fucking 'reporter' there, even the local Leeds and Huddersfield (where the accused came from) newspapers couldn't be bothered to turn up.
As Iv'e said on here a few pages back, whatever your personal feelings about Robinson surely you can see what's happened here, the UK authorities (and I believe this has probably come from very high up, gvt. level) want to shut him up and have used the most tenuous excuse to do so, he wasn't breaking any probation conditions as was quite clear from the footage and he quite clearly asked the police if he was okay being where he was, they said he was.

You then have to ask why they want him silenced and THAT should be what concerns you more.

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Goodness, I don't understand why people think that the UK might have some judges that aren't too sharp...
DeSi5mnW4AAUSUa.jpeg
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegr ... -says/amp/
So....if I understand this judge correctly, he is suggesting that only people who are professionals should have the freedom to buy pointy objects.

Butchers and fishmongers get to buy a knife with a point

Mechanics and carpenters get to buy screwdrivers and awls.

Shipping clerks get to buy box cutters.

Haha... yeah... this is a great idea.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote: Dokkit you thick cunt, do some googling before you open your trap will you.
Tommy Robinson's birth name is Stephen Yaxley, his parents divorced when he was a child and his mother remarried a man with the surname Lennon, hence the Yaxley-Lennon double barrel, he had no choice in the matter, he was a kid. And contrary to your biases it is not uncommon in the UK for people from the 'wrong side of the tracks' shall we say to have double barrelled names, it isn't exclusive to the upper crust, in fact double barrel names are becoming more popular with many trendy new couples pairing both their names instead of the wife automatically taking the husbands name.

He gave himself the moniker "Tommy Robinson" as a way of trying to protect his family's identity, the name comes from a former Luton Town FC football hooligan. Why he chose that particular name? You'd have to ask him.

Also you wrote:
All he needed to do was let them find the fuckers guilty and then report on it the next day. Pissing off judges is a bad idea, unless you low-key want to get in trouble, grab all the attention, and make everything about you. He should have done the work of a reporter and not of a publicity-stunt artist.
He was doing the work of a reporter, as was pointed out in the live stream video that Brive posted he was the only fucking 'reporter' there, even the local Leeds and Huddersfield (where the accused came from) newspapers couldn't be bothered to turn up.
As Iv'e said on here a few pages back, whatever your personal feelings about Robinson surely you can see what's happened here, the UK authorities (and I believe this has probably come from very high up, gvt. level) want to shut him up and have used the most tenuous excuse to do so, he wasn't breaking any probation conditions as was quite clear from the footage and he quite clearly asked the police if he was okay being where he was, they said he was.

You then have to ask why they want him silenced and THAT should be what concerns you more.
Us thick cunts like humour.
Describing Robinson as middle-class is an example of that.

In my view they want him silenced because he's a nuisance and has a habit of publicity stunts that push himself into the limelight and disrupt actual attempts to bring justice. If he is foremost interested in that justice being served, then he would have heeded the instructions of the court to not do what he did, but instead he chose to engage in a very public display of cause purity.

You say " I believe this has probably come from very high up, gvt. level", well what causes you to believe that? Because without evidence it's going to sound an awful lot like a victimhood narrative. - I'm open to the idea if we have evidence, I can easily believe the gov don't like him.

Had some blithering SJW showed up at a rape case and screamed up a media storm, reasonably putting the case into jeopardy, you and anyone else here would have zero problem seeing it for the cause-hypocritical self-serving bullshit that it is.

I'm simply applying that same standard to Robinson. I don't think he's a racist menace, and I think I understand why he has ended up where he is, but I *do* think the means being brought by him are counter-productive. And I think everyone suspending their principles because they see him as useful is on a slippery slope and ought to sort that shit out right now.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: You know what I mean. I wouldn't have included that detail had I not been aware of the significance. After all, I watched the landing live.
Blimey. I know there were crowds at the launch but how did you get a ticket for the landing and get to the moon well ahead in time before Armstrong?
And how come nobody bought a decent camera?

-
They did take a decent camera. Neil Armstrong took a modified Hasselblad 500EL with Zeiss Biogon 60mm f/5.6 lens, and a Reseau plate. Bastard must have been really careless, though, since he didn't bring it back.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Goodness, I don't understand why people think that the UK might have some judges that aren't too sharp...
DeSi5mnW4AAUSUa.jpeg
That's...brilliant! Nobody would EVER think of resharpening one, would they? Door-to-door tinkers are going to be back in business with a stab bang!

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Lsuoma wrote:
DeSi5mnW4AAUSUa.jpeg
That's...brilliant! Nobody would EVER think of resharpening one, would they? Door-to-door tinkers are going to be back in business with a stab bang!
Did the judge also suggest sawing the ends off shotguns so they can't be used?

John D

Post by John D »

Two of my favorite Canadians....

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If things must be viewed in a binary way - and you must take one decision or the other....

...see Deadpool rather than Avengers: Infinity War.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Lsuoma wrote:
DeSi5mnW4AAUSUa.jpeg
Here you fail to understand the enormous technical and technological prowess necessary to make something we knife experts call "pointy." (Sorry for all the technical jargon) Knives are very advanced pieces of technology, and it is risible to suggest that a common man armed with a file or bench grinder could successfully re-grind a knife or even turn any piece of suitable metal into a "shiv, shank" or makeshift knife. No, the judge is completely correct. Blunt the knives and dull the forks, that's what London's criminals hate. They'll be poking for hours just to break the skin. Problem solved. :D

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Robinson's just another narcissist with a made up name and assumed identity who thinks the law doesn't apply to him because he's on the side of the angels.

If he put on a frock the Pit would recognise him for what he is.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Wow! It's only been 4 years.

I'm sure it is just a minor thing that has been holding up Heina Dadabhoy from processing those refunds, and folks should be expecting them any day now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sk ... sts/856938

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

DeSi5mnW4AAUSUa.jpeg
His Honor, Nic Mong-Tard wrote: “But why we do need eight-inch or ten-inch kitchen knives with points? Butchers and fishmongers do, but how often, if at all, does a domestic chef use the point of an eight-inch or ten-inch knife? Rarely, if at all."
Jesus Christ, just this Saturday I deboned a pack of chicken 1/4s with my Dexter. The weekend before, I carved a tri-tip with ... my 10" Wusthof.

And if you think that, were you to blunt its tip, I couldn't still perforate your colon with that fucker, stand still, Judge, while we test your hypothesis.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Shatterface wrote: Robinson's just another narcissist with a made up name and assumed identity who thinks the law doesn't apply to him because he's on the side of the angels.

It is not a question of recognizing what he is, it is recognizing that the government has erred in having him put away like that. Many people perceive it as unjust and your judiciary tyrannical. Regardless of person involved, it was a bad strategic move.

If Robinson was on the "other side," I would be even more upset at the UK government for playing right into his hands and handing them a handy martyr. I also object to even my ideological enemies be treated in a poor manner by others, be it the government or mobs. If it was a bloke in a skirt yelling "patriarchy!" And the cops told him he was okay to be there and then arrested him, yeah, I'd stand up for the fucker. Because wrong is wrong, and if it happens to your enemies today, it'll happen to you tomorrow.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Shatterface wrote: Robinson's just another narcissist with a made up name and assumed identity who thinks the law doesn't apply to him because he's on the side of the angels.

If Rebecca Watson broke the law, and was then arrested, denied access to her own solicitor, tried and sentenced to 13 months in jail inside 2.5 hours with the judge ordering a media blackout and the case being removed from court listings, how do you think people would react?

With glee, of course.

CaptainFluffyBunny

some guy wrote: Wow! It's only been 4 years.

I'm sure it is just a minor thing that has been holding up Heina Dadabhoy from processing those refunds, and folks should be expecting them any day now.

That she isn't held to account by her friends and colleagues speaks volumes about their ethics, doesn't it?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

I second this emotion.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

DeSi5mnW4AAUSUa.jpeg
I suppose the next step would be requiring restaurants to have their knives bolted to a table with a piece of wire, as is required in US airports and prisons.
...how often, if at all, does a domestic chef use the point of an eight-inch or ten-inch knife? Rarely, if at all.
Anyone with basic knife skills uses the tip all the time. Judge Madge should go out and see how knives are actually used in a kitchen.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

DrokkIt wrote:

I second this emotion.
Bullshit - you'd crack a fat for "him" in ten seconds or less...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote:
DeSi5mnW4AAUSUa.jpeg
I suppose the next step would be requiring restaurants to have their knives bolted to a table with a piece of wire, as is required in US airports and prisons.
...how often, if at all, does a domestic chef use the point of an eight-inch or ten-inch knife? Rarely, if at all.
Anyone with basic knife skills uses the tip all the time. Judge Madge should go out and see how knives are actually used in a kitchen.
Reminds me of whats-his-face asking the members of the jury if "Lady Chatterley's Lover" was a book they would want their wife or servants to read. Mad old fucker.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

(He had a double-barreled name, so he was prolly a footie player or summat - can't be arsed to look his name up).

John D

Post by John D »

My kitchen knives. All but two are pointy. Haha.
IMG_0999.jpg
(88.08 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

SM1957 wrote:

If Rebecca Watson broke the law, and was then arrested, denied access to her own solicitor, tried and sentenced to 13 months in jail inside 2.5 hours with the judge ordering a media blackout and the case being removed from court listings, how do you think people would react?

With glee, of course.
When I mentioned the frock I was thinking more of Danielle Muscato. It's only a few months since that annoying twat got arrested for smoking cannabis to make black lives matter or some such bollocks. It's the same attention seeking behaviour, the same entitlement and the same hijacking of a cause they don't really give a shit about to justify their own martyr narrative.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Lsuoma wrote: (He had a double-barreled name, so he was prolly a footie player or summat - can't be arsed to look his name up).
Trent Alexander-Arnold. Pronounced Chumley-Warner.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

SM1957 wrote:

With glee, of course.
Actually no I wouldn't, even she deserves proper due process. Everyone does. This is the crux of my argument that some just don't seem to get. Tommy Robinson has been treated appallingly by the UK judiciary, be it police or courts. He has been treated like no other British citizen has and it's purely because they don't like what he says. Fundamentally that comes down to silencing his rights to free speech in a country which likes to pride itself on a history of allowing the freedom of peoples.

Dokkit and Shatterface can dislike him all they want and think he's the biggest idiot in the world all they want, that's their personal bias and that's fine but the fact remains, if both of them had been outside that court in Leeds (or Canterbury last year) and done the same thing they would have been treated very differently.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Shatterface wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

With glee, of course.
When I mentioned the frock I was thinking more of Danielle Muscato. It's only a few months since that annoying twat got arrested for smoking cannabis to make black lives matter or some such bollocks. It's the same attention seeking behaviour, the same entitlement and the same hijacking of a cause they don't really give a shit about to justify their own martyr narrative.
[/quote]

Is Danielle doing 13 months in jail?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: Dokkit and Shatterface can dislike him all they want and think he's the biggest idiot in the world all they want, that's their personal bias and that's fine but the fact remains, if both of them had been outside that court in Leeds (or Canterbury last year) and done the same thing they would have been treated very differently.
If they both weren't serving a suspended sentence, then yeah, they would certainly have been treated differently.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Shatterface wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:18 am
Robinson's just another narcissist with a made up name and assumed identity who thinks the law doesn't apply to him because he's on the side of the angels.

Absolutely right.

The scandal of Muslim grooming gangs not being investigated or prosecuted for fear of being accused of racism is a long-standing disgrace. But it does seem that policy is at an end. Tommy Robinson is making a spectacle of himself at the trials of alleged members of Muslim grooming gangs that have been investigated and are being prosecuted.

Cases involving sex offences against children are, rightly in my opinion, covered by extreme reporting restrictions. Trying these men in a blaze of publicity would not be conducive to a fair trial or a secure, reliable conviction. Where sex offences are concerned, and particularly where child abuse is concerned, people very easily turn into bloodthirsty lynch mobs, and all sense of determining the truth of what happened goes out the window. Even Gad Saad is prone to this when talking about this case. We recognise this when it's feminists and SJWs trying to whip up outrage and bypass the justice system. We should be able to see the same thing happening even when the targets of the outrage are sandpeople.

Tommy's antics are likely to derail legal attempts to bring alleged child abusers to actual justice, for the sake of whipping up outrage and feeding conspiracy theories. He's an anti-Muslim social justice warrior. He's not helping.

John D

Post by John D »

School of Ruck... The history of philosophy from an objectivist view. Pretty good stuff.

CaptainFluffyBunny

I think some people have a visceral dislike of Robinson and cite the letter of the law, rather than looking at the larger picture. Granted, he may have broken the terms of his release. Still, was it ethical and strategic to arrest Robinson? I will remind you that police, the judiciary and others have a good deal of discretionary powers in enforcing what constitutes a breach of conditions. I am willing to bet this backfires on the British government, quite badly. Would you bet that it does not?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

British footballers with double barrel surnames.

Trent Alexander-Arnold
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Bradley Wright-Phillips
Craig Mackail-Smith
Hal Robson-Kanu
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Gareth Taylor-Fletcher
Kyle Walker-Peters
Nigel Rio-Coker
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: Dokkit and Shatterface can dislike him all they want and think he's the biggest idiot in the world all they want, that's their personal bias and that's fine but the fact remains, if both of them had been outside that court in Leeds (or Canterbury last year) and done the same thing they would have been treated very differently.
If they both weren't serving a suspended sentence, then yeah, they would certainly have been treated differently.
He wasn't serving a suspended sentence when he was arrested outside Canterbury court last year.

CaptainFluffyBunny

paddybrown wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:18 am

Absolutely right.

The scandal of Muslim grooming gangs not being investigated or prosecuted for fear of being accused of racism is a long-standing disgrace. But it does seem that policy is at an end. Tommy Robinson is making a spectacle of himself at the trials of alleged members of Muslim grooming gangs that have been investigated and are being prosecuted.

Cases involving sex offences against children are, rightly in my opinion, covered by extreme reporting restrictions. Trying these men in a blaze of publicity would not be conducive to a fair trial or a secure, reliable conviction. Where sex offences are concerned, and particularly where child abuse is concerned, people very easily turn into bloodthirsty lynch mobs, and all sense of determining the truth of what happened goes out the window. Even Gad Saad is prone to this when talking about this case. We recognise this when it's feminists and SJWs trying to whip up outrage and bypass the justice system. We should be able to see the same thing happening even when the targets of the outrage are sandpeople.

Tommy's antics are likely to derail legal attempts to bring alleged child abusers to actual justice, for the sake of whipping up outrage and feeding conspiracy theories. He's an anti-Muslim social justice warrior. He's not helping.
No, but I have to wonder how much of a scandal the Muslim grooming gangs would have been without people bucking the system and reporting on it. Which is what Robinson, right or wrong, seems to think he's doing.

I'm not defending the man personally or his tactics. I don't know much more than what's been posted on this forum. But I am very certain that the government could have handled this with a lighter touch, and that being heavy-handed, they have opened a large can of very ugly worms.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I tell a lie .. he wasn't arrested outside canterbury court, the old bill arrested him the following morning at his home at 4am.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

From the court documents:
https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content ... 170522.pdf
Here. I think is the reason he got a contempt of court charge.
Your intention in being at this court and in
carrying out the actions that you did was, on your own
account, to film the defendants. You were not able to
do so because it had come to my attention, via the
good offices of my security staff, that you were
present and what you were doing, and as a consequence
I gave directions in order to ensure that both the
jury, and in due course the defendants, were escorted
from court by different routes in order to avoid there
being any kind of confrontation or interference. That
was not a decision that I took lightly, because, of
course, diverting the jury from anything other than
their usual route may have given rise to questions in
their mind about what was going on and why.
I gather the sentencing was going on at the time and the judge was concerned that the presence of the well known rabble rouser might have some influence on the jury. Presumably she was concerned that if the jury was aware of his presence the rapist's lawyers would have a possibility of appealing the sentence and hence fucking up the proceedings.
Also, the authorities can get awfully edgy about security.
In a small town courthouse, a long time ago, at the apex of my criminal career, the feds finally caught up with me and I got busted for a seatbelt infraction. I went in to pay my fine and when I entered the courthouse there was a really nervous looking cop staring at me and writing shit down in a notebook. When I walked further into the building I had to go past the courtroom doors to get to the window to pay my fine I got stopped by another cop asking what I was doing there. At the same time a friend of mine who happened to be one of the lawyers in the case recognized me and we had a little chuckle while he explained there was a drug case presumably with some biker toughs going on.
I'd never had any run ins with the cops and they didn't recognize me, but I guess I looked scary enough that they were worried I was there to intimidate witnesses or create some other types of shenanigans.
And I'm not even black. :drool:

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

John D wrote: So....if I understand this judge correctly, he is suggesting that only people who are professionals should have the freedom to buy pointy objects.
You don't need to have a pointy knife to stab someone effectively. Lord Mayo, viceroy of India, was stabbed with a round ended Victorian style table knife.
<https://books.google.ca/books?id=YUY9AQ ... fe&f=false>

B.

CaptainFluffyBunny

I have to note on Twitter some of the same people who are very satisfied to see Robinson go to jail are the ones that were enraged when illegal immigrants were being deported for minor offences. Somebody will have to explain the distinction to me, as I fail to understand it.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: He wasn't serving a suspended sentence when he was arrested outside Canterbury court last year.
And neither was he flung in prison as a result. Suspended sentence, 13 months, with a stipulation that he stop fucking about inside and outside courtrooms for the duration, or he will go inside. The very definition of easy time. But still too difficult for Tommy Robinson.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Jerry Coyne has a post about how people in Britain are thrown in jail for being very offensive.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

SM1957 wrote: Jerry Coyne has a post about how people in Britain are thrown in jail for being very offensive.
But not a word from PZ Meyers. It's almost like he wants to see the UK become a safe haven for child rapists.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote:
And neither was he flung in prison as a result. Suspended sentence, 13 months, with a stipulation that he stop fucking about inside and outside courtrooms for the duration, or he will go inside. The very definition of easy time. But still too difficult for Tommy Robinson.
Live streaming isn't fucking about, especially when you've been online for over an hour and have checked with the police where to stand and then do no more than every court respondent in the country has done before. I fail to see how anyone cant accept he's been stitched up. Liking him or not shouldn't even come into it.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Live streaming isn't fucking about, especially when you've been online for over an hour and have checked with the police where to stand and then do no more than every court respondent in the country has done before. I fail to see how anyone cant accept he's been stitched up. Liking him or not shouldn't even come into it.
Whatever. I can't be arsed anymore. Your side has won the narrative war in this instance. Well done.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

For what it's worth, I think 13 months is disproportionate. I think sentences are usually served half inside and half on parole, so presumably he'll be out in six and a half, but even that's a bit excessive. Presumably they want to make sure this trial is allowed to finish without any more of Tommy's attentions.

This year in Norn iron, there was an almighty media circus over two Ulster rugby players who were accused of rape. Every he-said and she-said of proceedings was hashed out in the papers, and no amount of press anonymity for the accuser could stop people turning up in the public gallery and tweeting out her name when they left. The players were acquitted, but the Ulster rugby team sacked them anyway, because of lewd and ungallant WhatsApp messages that were read out in court. The whole thing was a shit-show, and it's really hard to say that justice was done either way. I don't want the trials of Muslim grooming gangs going the same way.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote: I fail to see how anyone cant accept he's been stitched up. Liking him or not shouldn't even come into it.
I fail to see how anyone can't accept he was shot just for being black etc etc there are many ideological bliks available.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

shoutinghorse wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
I'm torn between taking your position, and that of Shatterface, Tigzy, et al. He is a shitstirrer, and no doubt that is somewhat for his own benefit as this seems to have become his job. Also, he has a history of association with utter cunts. Plus, he was not put on a secret list of people to arrest; he was placed on a suspended sentence by a judge, and he knew the conditions of that. So, he may be a self-serving idiot.

But let's ignore his ignoble past and look at why he does this stuff: because if no-one shouts about these gangs of child rapists, and no-one points out that there is a singular connection between them beyond them all being male, then the police's efforts to investigate and prevent such child rape gangs will continue to be stymied by their superiors and by politicians, and by rabble-rousers on the other side who would have us accept that child rape is part of a cultchya, and as such should be encouraged to survive the emigration from Pakistan to England and flourish in the self-imposed ghettos of the Midlands and North.

So I am torn. But in the end, I guess I believe that the costs of ignoring what is happening to England's poorest children are so great that I am glad noise is being made about this.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha... so... okay. If you think TR is a shit or a saint... I think this is funny.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:52 am
I have no idea of the validity of this person but her F/B page says she works with Tommy Robinson, what ever that may be. Anyhow very dodgy if true and surely a case of miscarriage of justice.

He's in HMP Hull which apparently isn't crawling with Jihadi gangs.
Wouldn't be that surprising. The first offence they got him on, the mortgage fraud thing that got the ball rolling and never fails to be mentioned by the press, resulted from a raid on his home in which computers were confiscated and trawled through. One of the conditions of his release concerned his activism. Strange condition for a mortgage fraud conviction. As Douglas Murray says, the UK establishment is good at cracking down on the reaction to a problem rather than on the primary problem. Obviously it is still considered electoral suicide to be seen to be picking on POCs or immigrants, which is why beefed up security is never targeted at the primary threat, but always at generic "extremism". It is considered fine to raid the home of Tommy Robinson for no particular reason but not so kosher to do likewise to a radical Imam.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Lsuoma wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 5:57 am
Brive1987 wrote: Ie this was TR first court outrage.

It also appears that taking a photo of a court house is a criminal offence.

You have been warned.
... but in my limited researches not all of them have done, and there appears to me to be at least grounds for supposing that it is correct that it is an offence under section 41 "to take or attempt to take in any court" by which that means not only the courtroom but also the building and the precincts, any photograph, irrespective of who that is a photograph of, and I refer in that regard to the case of the ....
My thoughts are that this is deliberately left ambiguous, so that it can be invoked at the discretion of anyone who wants to censor - there has clearly been no ruling, and it is almost never prevented. This allows extrajudicial targeting of anyone, and is appalling: basically it's telling people that they can fuck with you whenever they want, but they are not going to make a determination as to the legality of their action.
Precisely. They started harassing him from the moment he came on their radar. Once they got him on the first charge they could basically keep him on the treadmill because they know that a significant portion of the public are going to do the whole "he's a thug" thing and give them pass on the fact that they are dishing out "special" treatment to him. They can say in their po-faced way that they are just applying the law when it is quite obvious that they have him under a lense. If it is true that the judge said that Robinson knew what he was getting into when advised that his life could be endangered then that is unconscionable. The state has a duty to protect people it locks up and that duty doesn't just disappear because it's common knowledge that they are failing to live up to it.

some guy

Post by some guy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:29 am
some guy wrote: Wow! It's only been 4 years.

That she isn't held to account by her friends and colleagues speaks volumes about their ethics, doesn't it?
Yes, the usual "It's Okay When We Do It."

Even more so, tho, is not just holding her to account, but continuing to consider Heina Dadabhoy an integral part of the "skeptical community" by inviting her to give talks at at places like Skepticon.

Including, most recently, giving her a platform for a talk unironically entitled "IMPROVING & REDUCING YOUR SCREW-UPS". Admittedly tho, the awkward/ambiguous title could be interpreted a couple of ways; most people might think it was about something like taking ownership and responsibility for your actions, where clearly her ethics fall short. But alternatively, it could be that her title was referring to strategies to make your "screw-ups" even better, where arguably Heina Dadabhoy does have relevant experience and expertise (in delay, deflection, ghosting, weaseling, lying, BS'ing, reneging on promises, etc) to avoid responsibility.

free thoughtpolice

ThreeFlanged Javis wrote:
Obviously it is still considered electoral suicide to be seen to be picking on POCs or immigrants, which is why beefed up security is never targeted at the primary threat, but always at generic "extremism". It is considered fine to raid the home of Tommy Robinson for no particular reason but not so kosher to do likewise to a radical Imam.
I don't want to defend the UK authorities too much here as they have truly screwed this stuff up over the years, but out of fairness they have been cracking down more on the muslim shitstirrers too in the last few years to some degree.
I used to follow the muslim assholes on ummah.com and the now defunct Islamic Awakening.com and at a certain point a few years ago a number of them were complaining about how they were getting their doors broken down in the middle of night, presumably for stuff they were writing on those forums. IA was shut down and the mosque that sponsored it seems to have at least put on a show to be better citizens, and ummah.com is totally toned down with no references to politics or jihad stuff.
Are they being tough enough on the islamists? Probably not but at least they appear to be making some effort.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Isn't this going to contradict one of PeeZee's claims? It would be really nice if he manages to get everything wrong in his new book.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fegg wrote:
John D wrote: So....if I understand this judge correctly, he is suggesting that only people who are professionals should have the freedom to buy pointy objects.
You don't need to have a pointy knife to stab someone effectively. Lord Mayo, viceroy of India, was stabbed with a round ended Victorian style table knife.
<https://books.google.ca/books?id=YUY9AQ ... fe&f=false>

B.
Some people use a spoon for mayo.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
SM1957 wrote: Jerry Coyne has a post about how people in Britain are thrown in jail for being very offensive.
But not a word from PZ Meyers. It's almost like he wants to see the UK become a safe haven for child rapists.
Dammit, I swapped Jerry Coyne for Michael Nugent in my head. That was supposed to be a [meta] comment (h/t John Morales).

free thoughtpolice

Hey kids. Don't believe everything you see on the internet.
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/ar ... what-they/

some guy

Post by some guy »

Looks like Heina Dadabhoy has taken a new direction in life, lol!

(Obviously someone has taken over her former twitter handle, which means those she has blocked are now no longer blocked. Please PLEASE(!) don't take that as a license (to those of you that twitter) to message her about her book, etc. Please?)

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote: Hey kids. Don't believe everything you see on the internet.
Don't worry. I only believe news articles that agree with my ideological biases.

free thoughtpolice

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Hey kids. Don't believe everything you see on the internet.
Don't worry. I only believe news articles that agree with my ideological biases.
:lol: You are probably the only person that thinks that way. :liar:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:02 am
Brive1987 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:10 pm
[IMG.]http://i.imgur.com/96WOtKz.jpg[/IMG]

This was the basis of TR current 13 months.
No, as you point out later, this is.
Brive1987 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:24 pm
Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court,
refer to people as "Muslim paedophiles, Muslim
rapists" and so on and so forth while trials are
ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury
that that is what they are, and you will find yourself
inside. Do you understand? Thank you very much.
Ok. So the goat fuckers had been found guilty. In the eyes of the law they were in fact “Muslim rapists AND paedophiles. He was not “at” another court, he was on the public road outside it.

So what gives?
He was outside the court, which the paper points out the court considers to be part of their jurisdiction. And the trail was still going on. Yes, it was "just" the sentencing phase but that's still part of the trail.

People can be mad about it all they want, but that order is as clear a daylight.
Com, the 13 months was predicated on the three months whuch was triggered on judge acknowledged selfies in a court house (not room).

The 13 months was triggered by standing on a public street, repeating public domain information while emphasising the presumed innocence of the goat fuckers. I don’t believe jurisdiction follows Squad Leader line of sight rules.

Btw can someone point me to the actual suppression order for the Leeds thing. The order which specifies what is OK (like the Court posting GF names and crimes on its public website) and what is verboten (ie repreating this public info). I cant find it despite it being core to this case. I fear the supression order has been suppressed.

In terms of big picture. Odd eh that Brittany, Martin, Lauren and now Tommy have all, in a completely non-conspiratorial way, gone down in a matter of a couple of weeks. Just goes to show there is always a change of rolling 4 sixes in a row. Probability rocks. :roll:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Random words keep rolling when using the iPad, not so much the PC keyboard. This too is a conspiracy.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: The 13 months was triggered by standing on a public street, repeating public domain information while emphasising the presumed innocence of the goat fuckers. I don’t believe jurisdiction follows Squad Leader line of sight rules.
Perhaps they prosecuted him under Cross of Iron Expansion Rule 137.15.07.05.02, Exceptions to Stacking Limits For Berserker Units During Close Combat Phase in Factories, (cf. errata sheet.)