There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
katamari Damassi

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by katamari Damassi »

Shatterface wrote: Islamists are basically uncels anyway. And so are trans activists. They are apexes in the 'can't get a shag' triangle.
Re: trans activists
You would think with all of his allies and supporters that Muscato would be walking funny from all the... whatever he's getting. Unless allies don't want to fuck him either, but that would make his allies transphobes!

Insert exploding computer that in too lazy to find.

katamari Damassi

shoutinghorse wrote: The Eurovision song contest comes round again tonight and I think I've spotted the obvious winner.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you those great Europeans. .. Israel :dance:

Her song is a cover of Disturbed's "Let the Palestinian Bodies Hit the Floor."

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 6:12 am
The fact that the SocJus exists doesn't excuse the Alt-Right.
No, SocJus created the Alt-Right. You can't play identity politics for everyone except white men, and not expect white men to start playing by your rules. That's the primary reason they aren't as big a danger. They'll collapse in on themselves once SocJus is stopped.
Whilst I agree, the problem with this way of thinking is that socjus is itself a reaction to what came before it. One must address ideologies for what they profess.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: I enjoyed the story where he fought Terry-Thomas and the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
Did someone say Red Queen?

Top tune about...well, it should be obvious.

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: That may be true, but I believe that Brive is not just referring to societal assimilation, but the character of the culture. Even if you have excellent assimilation, the nature and character of the culture is bound to change with considerable immigration. Personally, I think that's often a good thing. I don't care if Americans are mostly using chopsticks in ten years, as long as they embrace the Constitution and make an effort to speak English. But that's an American point of view, where we are largely a nation of immigrants. For many countries their national character is being irrevocably changed, and they have a right to be concerned by that. I don't think extremism is the answer, but neither is doing nothing.
Cultures change, though, all the time. They mix up, influence each other. The idea that you should "preserve" cultures just JUST for the culture's sake is similar to the SocJus argument against "cultural appropriation". Or Steersman's linguistic prescriptive ideas about language.
The direction, nature and degree of that culture's change is, or should be, up to that culture. It is wildly undemocratic and illiberal to say "your culture is gonna change, you don't have a say in how, just lay back and take it." The people involved should ultimately have the final say, it should be a democratic process, and not completely guided as a short-term financial fix.
What is the decision making body for western culture? How do I vote?

katamari Damassi

TedDahlberg wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: Thanks for the podcast suggestions everyone. A few of those are known to me-The Moth, HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast, but some of the others I'll have to check out.
Oh, also, the Beef and Dairy Network Podcast. "The number one podcast for those involved or just interested in the production of beef animals and dairy herds."
Only tangentially related, but once we settle down, I'd like to raise bees, and solve crimes.

katamari Damassi

katamari Damassi wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: The Eurovision song contest comes round again tonight and I think I've spotted the obvious winner.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you those great Europeans. .. Israel :dance:

Her song is a cover of Disturbed's "Let the Palestinian Bodies Hit the Floor."
BTW. Jerry Coyne has already declared her the winner, if you disagree then you're an anti-Semite.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Islamists are basically uncels anyway. And so are trans activists. They are apexes in the 'can't get a shag' triangle.
Re: trans activists
You would think with all of his allies and supporters that Muscato would be walking funny from all the... whatever he's getting. Unless allies don't want to fuck him either, but that would make his allies transphobes!

Insert exploding computer that in too lazy to find.
Danielle is a lesbian so all he has to do is find a lesbian with a fetish for women who look like Bob Hoskins. Ze would have more luck pulling a cartoon rabbit.

If translesbians were getting any actual sex they wouldn't spend so much time bitching about women who won't do it with them.

They really are just incels in drag.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Attachments
twat.PNG
(321.36 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

katamari Damassi

Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: If so I would MUCH prefer what’s in PZ’s mind at the moment.
I see Lauren Southern, her conventionally pretty white face blown up to ten times the height of a man on a video screen, her amplified voice indignantly declaiming to a crowd about how her free speech has been taken from her.
Conventionally pretty. What the creepy fuck does that mean cuming from PZ?
Eight legs and a beak?

Conventional in a way never seen by PZ.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... YLzskI1AGJ
PZ considers himself unconventionally very attractive and charismatic. We're just too lowbrow to see it. He wants us to think outside the box, which is the same thing I tell straight men I think are attractive.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

katamari Damassi wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: Thanks for the podcast suggestions everyone. A few of those are known to me-The Moth, HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast, but some of the others I'll have to check out.
Oh, also, the Beef and Dairy Network Podcast. "The number one podcast for those involved or just interested in the production of beef animals and dairy herds."
Only tangentially related, but once we settle down, I'd like to raise bees, and solve crimes.
You should probably give up one before doing the other.

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

katamari Damassi wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
Wear a deerstalker?

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

mike150160 wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
Wear a deerstalker?

FML!!!!!

Should be down here.

Wear a deerstalker (motherfucker edit button)

katamari Damassi

I need book recommendations. I'm stuck in Whitehorse for a few days and have limited internet.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

You could solve bee-related crimes:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bee_rustling

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Racist associate of white supremacist Adam Lee has made CNN with her calling the cops on an innocent black woman.
Patheos needs to do the right thing and deplatform Adam Lee.
#AdamLeewhitesupremacist

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

As I predicted the fat Jewess has won Eurovision. ;)

Night all!

free thoughtpolice

Sanctimonious, censorious white supremacist Adam Lee doesn't like it when his racist apologia is criticised. Oh, the horror, too many people to ban.
Comments for this thread are now closed.

katamari Damassi

free thoughtpolice wrote: Sanctimonious, censorious white supremacist Adam Lee doesn't like it when his racist apologia is criticised. Oh, the horror, too many people to ban.
I don't think it can be said often enough that Adam Lee sympathizes with white supremacists.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

katamari Damassi wrote: I need book recommendations. I'm stuck in Whitehorse for a few days and have limited internet.
Why read when you can research bee hives:

Looks a lot easier than the hand-cranked separator my mother used to get me to turn. That was hard work and there was still all sorts of bits of wax in the honey.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

But if you do have to read, I can recommend Albion's Seed. I'm halfway through and enjoying it. It describes four groups of emigrants from Britain to the UK and how their characteristics influenced different areas of the US. For example, the puritans of East Anglia settled Massachusetts, while the royalists of the west country settled Virginia. Makes the American Civil War look like round 2 of the English Civil War...

free thoughtpolice

katamari Damassi wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Sanctimonious, censorious white supremacist Adam Lee doesn't like it when his racist apologia is criticised. Oh, the horror, too many people to ban.
I don't think it can be said often enough that Adam Lee sympathizes with white supremacists.
Too true kD, racist apologist Adam Lee also put up a post a short while ago about how atheists like Sam Harris don't handle disagreements (like labelling him an islamophobe) well and should face up to criticism, take it like a man!
Why Are Big-Name Atheists So Bad at Taking Criticism?
And then to see White supremacist Adam Lee ban anyone that disagrees with him or does this on his comment session.
And because people are disagreeing with his racist apologetics and defending his fellow white supremacist! :drool:

katamari Damassi

screwtape wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: I need book recommendations. I'm stuck in Whitehorse for a few days and have limited internet.
Why read when you can research bee hives:

Looks a lot easier than the hand-cranked separator my mother used to get me to turn. That was hard work and there was still all sorts of bits of wax in the honey.
I've actually looked at that one. The only problem is that you don't really get wax from it.

katamari Damassi

screwtape wrote: But if you do have to read, I can recommend Albion's Seed. I'm halfway through and enjoying it. It describes four groups of emigrants from Britain to the UK and how their characteristics influenced different areas of the US. For example, the puritans of East Anglia settled Massachusetts, while the royalists of the west country settled Virginia. Makes the American Civil War look like round 2 of the English Civil War...
Sounds interesting. Will check it out.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If you are looking for something to read today's Kindle Daily Deals include the geography/history book Silk Roads and, for cephalopodophiles, Other Minds.

Really?

Post by Really? »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:25 am
Kirbmarc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: So who is nodding along? There's been considerable pushback. Even a couple of flounces. If there is support for extreme views, it is probably best to look at the reason their views are extreme. Aneris wanted to dismiss the symptoms without looking at the disease (nor did his self-righteous, arrogant behavior help.) You can't do that and expect things to get better.
I'm not talking about this forum per se, I'm talking about Sargon and Dave Rubin, who are much more influential than this place. Rubin is even called part of the "Intellectual Dark Web" along with Harris, Pinker and the Weinstein brothers. Sargon is very influential in terms of the Youtube skeptic movement. And they're both attacking the SocJus (OK) but giving the Alt-Right a pass, even its extreme incarnations like Taylor, without pushback, while still calling themselves "classical liberal" "centrists" etc. (not so OK):
I don't follow Sargon or Rubin, but maybe they think there's already tons of people going after the alt-right already, and not nearly enough coverage of the control-left?
I have thought about this for a while. The SJWs control virtually all of the "respectable" mainstream dialogue. They have multibillion dollar global media presences on the Internet, cable and broadcast TV. And radio.

People like Rubin, who literally films his show I'm his house in a crowdfunded studio? We are more concerned about policing him and how he interviews other non mainstream figures?

The mainstream media controls the narrative. Disney allows Jimmy Kimmel to present George W Bush as a fun grandpa. And we are going to complain that Rubin interviews Sargon and lets him speak?

Really?

Post by Really? »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:41 am
Let the title IX games begin...

https://reason.com/blog/2018/05/11/cinc ... oe-roe-sex

:lol:
That's how PZ got away with it. "Zoom" to the Dean's office, and get your version of events in first. Gets the other person (in the case of PZ, his rape victim) on the backfoot and defensive. What a mess US colleges have got themselves in!

:D
Never let it be said that PZ isn't smart enough to start a trend.

Really?

Post by Really? »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:41 am
Let the title IX games begin...

https://reason.com/blog/2018/05/11/cinc ... oe-roe-sex

:lol:
That's how PZ got away with it. "Zoom" to the Dean's office, and get your version of events in first. Gets the other person (in the case of PZ, his rape victim) on the backfoot and defensive. What a mess US colleges have got themselves in!

:D
Wait. How awesome would it be if PZ shits out a post about this and condemns the Zoom Principle, which he literally said is what you do when you are innocent?

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

The above apparently happened in Brasil, but I'd go to see a wacky Amy Schumer Manhattan based romcom with this as a plot device.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:43 am
Keating wrote: The main thing I object to, going down the path we're currently on, is that the obvious outcome of this is that eventually the whole world will have one culture. I think something will be lost when that occurs.
I strongly disagree with this conclusion. There are unifying forces in cultural terms, but there are also creative ones. People likely thought that the influence of Roman culture would have brought forth One World Culture during the Roman Empire.
I think this is where our disagreement comes from. Having lived mostly in Canberra, but also Eastern Europe and Southern UK and travelled extensively, I'm disturbed how much Canberra has transformed to become more like a "global" city over the last few decades. It's losing its unique character. A good example of this is architecture. It used to be the case you could tell a city by the character of its buildings. Nowadays, new buildings could equally be at place in any city in the world. The unique character of cities is being lost, for the samey global hodgepodge with a McDonald's on every corner, and the same concrete and glass boxes. Of course, I don't live in an ethno-state that bans the construction of minarets. :P

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:
I see Lauren Southern, her conventionally pretty white face blown up to ten times the height of a man on a video screen, her amplified voice indignantly declaiming to a crowd about how her free speech has been taken from her.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Kirb, I’m so glad you have brought this up again.

The problem isn't about guilt by association, or about who is fascist and who isn't (I think that the label "fascist" is obsolete and too vague to mean anything concrete right now), it's about promoting identitarian, ethno-centric ideas, whether willingly or unwittingly. **snip**

I have a pic that says your argument is invalid

I'm not saying that Sargon or Southern are goose-stepping Nazis who planning genocides . However the identitarian, ethnic-based ideas that they promote (willingly or not) are incredibly bad. They're legitimizing divisions along ethnic lines, they're claiming that immigration isn't just a source of problems to deal with but the Twilight of the West, and they're treating segregationists like Taylor and far-right conspiracy theorists like Pettibone with kid gloves, basically agreeing with them on most of their messages, even if they challenge them (weakly) at times.

You have acknowledged that open borders are a big problem. Certainly there ain’t a million refos in Switzerland eh? All Sargon (and to a greater extent Southern) are doing is highlighting failed integration, highlighting the specific problems that arise, highlighting the implications of this trend (incl demographics) and pointing out it ain’t a good looking future. Ergo, defend your borders and defend your culture. Your pitch is ideologically based self harm. You are deeply intellectually uncharitable.

There's definitely been a shift to the far-right in Sargon's videos. He used to argue in favor of Kyle Kulinski and the Justice Democrats, he used to defend liberal democratic principles with whatever research he could muster up about Hume or Kant. Now he's nodding along with people who think that white ethno-states are the way of the future. And no, they're not Brive-types who are simply about a vaguely "cultural" projects.

I have been far more specific in my solutions than your failed “teach em not to rape” mantras. But keep pushing this line. It’s what you are good at. You are also ignoring Saigon’s recent debates with the alt right where he was most definitely not down their rabbit hole. Again, you are being either ignorant or sly.

We on the Pit have rightly mocked the excesses of the SocJus as being sectarian, divisive, based only or mostly on one's identity and not on principles (the infamous "It's OK When We Do It" meme), being more emotional rather than rational in their approach to politics, and promoting marginalization and isolation (Male Tears, WhatAboutTehMenz, Die Cis Scum, etc.)

“Who is we?” Are you now our voice? :lol: The world is organised by group identities. Get used to it. Some are better, more rational than others. Pick your winning team or stand proud alone while the winning teams trample you.

Well, the New Right/Identitarians are EVEN MORE divisive, sectarian, and based on identity rather than principles. I'm still baffled as to why so many people here seem to think that they're No Big Deal, that they're somehow better than the SocJus for some reason...

Maybe some of them are just right-er. :rimshot: I’ve not come across any ideology or so called thought-leader I’ve agreed with even close to 100%. But I’ve seen plenty that have very little value. SJWism is bumping along at 0%. Your lib-tardism is a strong 30% with a lower sub score for crap positive intent. I’ll take alt-lite for 70% for non American western society and soft alt-right for, oh 40-55% depending on who. Hard alt-right is also 30% but with a higher positive intent score.

I don’t know enough about USA to properly figure them out. Kirb, it’s worthwhile knowing the limits of your knowledge.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 6:09 pm
Brive1987 wrote:
PZ Myers said that? It looks like noted transphobe PZ Myers is unaware that Lauren Southern is legally a man and deserves to be referred to as such. Why won't PZ use the proper pronouns? Why does PZ erase the existence of transmen?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive seems to think that one must be of a certain race and ethnicity to assimilate. I disagree strongly. But there is no doubt that for whatever reason, large populations in Europe are not assimilating, and that is a huge problem. That has to be addressed, but not by vilifying anybody.
Umm, I have generally pushed a line promoting the introduction of cultures rooted in western ethnicity which just happen to generally map to skin colour. Much as Switzerland has done. And this because it dovetails with our heritage and national identity.

I find it amusing this is so complicated for some to grapple with maybe the clarion call of “racist” is just too alluring.

Would it help if I presented our issues with “integration”. Would that move the conversation on? Also. Is it acceptable to note cultures and values, held by significant blocks of migrant groups, that are inimical to host cultures? Is this vilification?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:43 am
Keating wrote: The main thing I object to, going down the path we're currently on, is that the obvious outcome of this is that eventually the whole world will have one culture. I think something will be lost when that occurs.
I strongly disagree with this conclusion. There are unifying forces in cultural terms, but there are also creative ones. People likely thought that the influence of Roman culture would have brought forth One World Culture during the Roman Empire.
I think this is where our disagreement comes from. Having lived mostly in Canberra, but also Eastern Europe and Southern UK and travelled extensively, I'm disturbed how much Canberra has transformed to become more like a "global" city over the last few decades. It's losing its unique character. A good example of this is architecture. It used to be the case you could tell a city by the character of its buildings. Nowadays, new buildings could equally be at place in any city in the world. The unique character of cities is being lost, for the samey global hodgepodge with a McDonald's on every corner, and the same concrete and glass boxes. Of course, I don't live in an ethno-state that bans the construction of minarets. :P
This is the thing that Kirbo has demonstrated repeatedly - he tells other people that change is inevitable where they live because immigrants, all from his unchangeable Chocolate Box Land. When you ask him about immigration he says of course Switzerland allows it, but without directly admitting it he indicates that the barriers are high, and also, susceptible to arbitrary rejection by a bunch of people who almost certainly (I would bet body parts (min) on this) would hate the idea of bringing in even a small number of people who might differ widely from the Swiss Miss ideal. Breeeeeve is 100% right when he calls Kirbo on this, and says that the written law is X, but that people can discriminate entirely legally and invisibly.

Another characteristic of Kirbo is that he totally ignores questions that might tend to uncover the ill-informed and ungenerous attitude to people who he accuses of supporting ethno-statism without understanding that there are horrible problems in Paris, London, Malmo, Interlaken, etc., and that the natives of those places are expressing a genuine concern for the well being, integrity, and future of the places where they may have lived for hundreds of years. It's ivory towerism of the typical bloodless and conscienceless Swiss position.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive seems to think that one must be of a certain race and ethnicity to assimilate. I disagree strongly. But there is no doubt that for whatever reason, large populations in Europe are not assimilating, and that is a huge problem. That has to be addressed, but not by vilifying anybody.
Umm, I have generally pushed a line promoting the introduction of cultures rooted in western ethnicity which just happen to generally map to skin colour. Much as Switzerland has done. And this because it dovetails with our heritage and national identity.

I find it amusing this is so complicated for some to grapple with maybe the clarion call of “racist” is just too alluring.

Would it help if I presented our issues with “integration”. Would that move the conversation on? Also. Is it acceptable to note cultures and values, held by significant blocks of migrant groups, that are inimical to host cultures? Is this vilification?
I did not call you a racist, merely reiterated your position regarding race/ethnicity. You have stated, multiple times, what you believe. If you have a problem with my actual words, and not what you think you see in them, address that.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote: I've also pointed out WHY assimilation isn't happening, especially in the "muslim communities": the effects of having "community leaders" which are trained and educated by a foreign power with a hostile ideology, and the moronic idea of inviting those same "community leaders" to the table of discussion because they're "representatives" instead of pushing up and promoting progressives, people who are more secular. Also the Regressive denial that islam is in dire need of secularization, and its protection of muslim conservatism as a form of identity politics.

And yes, big numbers of immigrants moving in quickly always find it hard to assimilate. Ibiza has its own German community of tourists/residents who don't mix in.

In Switzerland, where the migration fluxes are regulated, and assimilation is required to stay, things are better, without it being an "ethno-state", whatever Brive may think. Now the "Swiss model" probably doesn't work as well in other parts of the world. The "American model" of a cultural assimilation through selection and through the construction of civil national ideas probably is better in other parts of the world. Or a mix of both. Or some new ideas to promote integration and tear down the power of "local community leaders", especially if they're sent from abroad.
Fuck all people become full citizens each year. You have a relentless cultural based assimilation program that extends to local community cock-blocking. Over 80% of your foreign residents are European.

I’m happy to redefine “ethnostate” into these parameters, or drop the term in favour of “modified Swiss convention” - if this helps.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Shatterface wrote: I don't see a difference between going apeshit over students in sombreros and going ape over a black girl playing Joan of Arc.

If your history and culture are so weak they can't survive a bit of cosplay they don't deserve to live.
I suddenly feel the need to clarify that my post about Hamilton was a joke. Is it me or is the pit getting weird?
I was thinking more of Brive's 'Nobody seems to think it's an issue' complaint about black actors. I rate that that kind of complaint alongside the 'cultural appropriation' of sombreros and the like.

I don't see how we can scoff at people throwing hissy-fits over droopy moustaches, dragon tattoos and kimonos while at the same time crying 'white erasure' over a handful of black actors (usually the same four or five) doing Shakespeare or Doctor Who.
And my comment had as a premise the idea that these anomalies were not simply shit and giggles - but formed part of a lib-tard agenda that PoMo-ed history with intent.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:

I did not call you a racist, merely reiterated your position regarding race/ethnicity. You have stated, multiple times, what you believe. If you have a problem with my actual words, and not what you think you see in them, address that.
Obviously I have a problem with your words. “Brive seems to think that cultural fit to a western society is best based on European (or at least euro-premised) ethnicity .... “ would have been a more accurate formula.

By focusing on “race” and then segueing into “vilification”, you kinda misrepresent me.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Southern’s latest (today) video features herself sprawling on a bed with Brit Pettibone.

In no universe can this be a bad thing.

I was going to post a pic. But, unpleasant as it is, it’s probably worth remembering why culture matters. And yes I know the dude on the ground was a Muslim. No-one said fundamental problems occur because all cultures operate as a bloc.

The question is, and remains, in 200 words; “what are the practical benefits derived by the host culture from mass migration which includes strong alt-cults”. Discuss in the context of modern Europe.

Marks deducted for every reference to food carts.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 12-h288-nc

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Obviously I have a problem with your words. “Brive seems to think that cultural fit to a western society is best based on European (or at least euro-premised) ethnicity .... “ would have been a more accurate formula.

By focusing on “race” and then segueing into “vilification”, you kinda misrepresent me.
The vilification was also includes you and the anti-immigration crowd. Hence "anybody." Sorry if that was unclear. You might note I stressed that there is a huge problem.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: And my comment had as a premise the idea that these anomalies were not simply shit and giggles - but formed part of a lib-tard agenda that PoMo-ed history with intent.
And that intent was to stick it to Whitey.

Because that's what's uppermost in the minds of people who did The Hollow Crown: to trick viewers into thinking Queen Margaret was black, Shakespeare fans being notoriously thick.

15 hours of Shakespearean drama and that's the message they beamed into your head.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

rayshul wrote: I read Brive's point as being EXACTLY what you've said - he makes fun of the the fact these people whinge about cultural appropriation shit and then points out an example of someone doing the same to white people and being like, why is no one whinging about this?

Brive doesn't believe you have to be a certain colour to adapt to a country, either. I don't really understand what people are reading when they read his posts, it's like you're trying to find the most objectionable way of reading what he says.
If it's not about colour what exactly is his objection to black actors in historical dramas? If becoming a Shakespearean actor isn't 'adapting to the country' what the hell is? Could they be any more British?

He's bitching about them not assimilating one moment then bitching about them when they do.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

A good article. Some teasers below.
The Passion of Jordan Peterson
“Some of these Ivy League kids want to have it both ways,” Peterson, who spent five years teaching at Harvard, told me. “They want to be baby members of the 1 percent, which they most certainly are, and yet still portray themselves as the oppressed.”
Cunningham described feeling nervous before attending one of his lectures. “I was expecting to be surrounded by fascist skinheads. And there are, like, nuns in the audience, and the audience is totally diverse, and it’s this beautiful discussion about the nature of myth for creating social reality. And I’m like, Yeah, I love this stuff! And the next day he starts tweeting again, and I’m like, Noooooo, not this again!”
Read the whole thing ShitLords. The quotes are not that representative.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Shatterface wrote:
rayshul wrote: I read Brive's point as being EXACTLY what you've said - he makes fun of the the fact these people whinge about cultural appropriation shit and then points out an example of someone doing the same to white people and being like, why is no one whinging about this?

Brive doesn't believe you have to be a certain colour to adapt to a country, either. I don't really understand what people are reading when they read his posts, it's like you're trying to find the most objectionable way of reading what he says.
If it's not about colour what exactly is his objection to black actors in historical dramas? If becoming a Shakespearean actor isn't 'adapting to the country' what the hell is? Could they be any more British?

He's bitching about them not assimilating one moment then bitching about them when they do.
All I know is that at this point, I'm hoping Australia becomes part of the Caliphate. :bjarte:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote: Southern’s latest (today) video features herself sprawling on a bed with Brit Pettibone.

In no universe can this be a bad thing.

All they do is sit there with their legs crossed. I know, because I watched the whole damn thing. Apparently they are talking about nihilism or something but I don't really know because I was watching with the sound off. It was boring.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

All I know is that at this point, I'm hoping Australia becomes part of the Caliphate. :bjarte:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: And my comment had as a premise the idea that these anomalies were not simply shit and giggles - but formed part of a lib-tard agenda that PoMo-ed history with intent.
And that intent was to stick it to Whitey.

Because that's what's uppermost in the minds of people who did The Hollow Crown: to trick viewers into thinking Queen Margaret was black, Shakespeare fans being notoriously thick.

15 hours of Shakespearean drama and that's the message they beamed into your head.
You have an odd way to parse meaning from my comment.

The director of the historical drama is quite explicit that accuracy and faithful rendition is the least of her interests:
”You want the world you’re showing on screen to reflect the world you’re in and we live in a plural world, so our stories have to include the widest possible range of people.”
I’d love to see this principle applied as dramatically in reverse. Of course it won’t be. And that means there is an agenda.

windy

Post by windy »

And so it begins...

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/images/2018/05/culture-5.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:

I was obviously talking about the casting decision for a historical personage against the context of a forming pattern. I’m sure Sophie Okonedo is fully integrated and would just love to applaud a “whitey” playing medieval Nigerian royalty.

I really do.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Brive1987 wrote:

I was obviously talking about the casting decision for a historical personage against the context of a forming pattern. I’m sure Sophie Okonedo is fully integrated and would just love to applaud a “whitey” playing medieval Nigerian royalty.

I really do.
I would like to see black people cast as Nazis in the next film about them.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Keating

Post by Keating »

When I was living in the UK I went to see a production of Shakespeare. It wasn't obvious from the advertising, but it was an all Indian cast, and had been culturally appropriated to be set in Bombay. Don't get me wrong, they were brilliant actors, but, being in England, I kinda wanted to see Shakespeare the way it was originally written.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I understand that Shakespeare is often weirded out for a modern art take on the human condition.

The Hollow Crown does not fit this genre.

If this is not clear I could invoke a wall of words to make it so.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

SM1957 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

I really do.
I would like to see black people cast as Nazis in the next film about them.
Black Nazis you say? :shock:

https://i.imgur.com/JNVBsr4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bN42aoi.jpg

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Keating wrote: When I was living in the UK I went to see a production of Shakespeare. It wasn't obvious from the advertising, but it was an all Indian cast, and had been culturally appropriated to be set in Bombay. Don't get me wrong, they were brilliant actors, but, being in England, I kinda wanted to see Shakespeare the way it was originally written.
When I was at school we were taken to see a "modern" version of a Shakespeare play we were studying. Possibly Julius Caesar though might have been Othello.We did both.
Anyway, sometime through the performance , one actor turns his back to the audience and appears to piss on the floor. Not sure if it was metaphorical or simulated or real. but it sure looked real at the time. It least that's how I remember it. Quite an introduction to contemporary interpretations of the classics.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

AndrewV69 wrote: A good article. Some teasers below.
The Passion of Jordan Peterson
“Some of these Ivy League kids want to have it both ways,” Peterson, who spent five years teaching at Harvard, told me. “They want to be baby members of the 1 percent, which they most certainly are, and yet still portray themselves as the oppressed.”
Haha, yes! None of these dipsticks has any awareness of just how fucking bourgeois they are. They're certain they'll have a place among triumphant proles after the Revolution... riiiight. In the new pecking order, they'd be underneath people they despise -- trailer trash rednecks and ghetto rats. Only if they're really lucky will they avoid becoming New Kulak scapegoats.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

There's probably a graduate degree waiting to be won for someone to study the psychology of theatre and opera directors who want to present an 'updated' or 'relevant' production of a classic; the central question to be answered is 'why do their minds always turn to jackboots and trenchcoats?' I'm heartily sick of jackbooted Montagues and trenchcoated Capulets. Just once* is enough, after that it's derivative and boring, even if it says something profound about the psyches of directors.

*If you are willing to tolerate that just once, let it be with Ian McKellen's Richard III.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Keating wrote: When I was living in the UK I went to see a production of Shakespeare. It wasn't obvious from the advertising, but it was an all Indian cast, and had been culturally appropriated to be set in Bombay. Don't get me wrong, they were brilliant actors, but, being in England, I kinda wanted to see Shakespeare the way it was originally written.
You mean standing up, with straw and human feces around your feet, watching a bunch of 5' 3" tall men with wooden teeth and rickets?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I reckon Sargon dips into the pit and he's been reading Kirbo's novels posts.

https://i.imgur.com/s895j0Z.png