There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Kirbmarc wrote:
This is what happened in the US for many cultures, for example the Irish, the Italians, the Germans, the Jews.
Yeah, but for instance the Germans sent good people over. Mexico and the shithole countries send over men that treat women like meat and think it's OK to just grab their pussies, swindle money out of hardworking contractors, launder money for foreign gangsters, and have no respect for the American democratic process or the rule of law and the agencies that uphold it.
Build a wall all along Mar-a-Lago, and make Trump pay for it :bjarte:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: there is an optics problem with stuff like "football lads alliance". This movement could have a much bigger base if it didn't trigger centre-left types with this stuff.
If 'centre left types are triggered by our National sport then there's not much that can be done I'm afraid, reality being of course that many people on the left attend football too, admittedly most seem to be Arsenal or Liverpool or Celtic fans, but still ;)

I'm sensing you're falling into the trap that many non fans fall into in assuming ALL football supporters are 1970's knuckle dragging skinhead hooligans wearing airwair boots and scare old ladies at bus stops. You don't work for the press do you?
I think it's pretty simple: anyone who wants this issue dealt with needs it to gain traction in the mainstream.
You don't have to like it, but the sheer truth of the matter is the soccer hooligan association makes this kind of thing a non-stater for a lot of people. A lot of people that will need to be brought on-side.. because as-is the "resistance to Islam" movement is too small.

It's also too "working class" for half the country, who will see it, sniff, and have their base assumptions confirmed by the press you suggested I work for :D

I wanna get this on the agenda for everyone, basically.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

I love people like this, they make me feel intelligiment...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

DrokkIt wrote: It's also too "working class" for half the country, who will see it, sniff, and have their base assumptions confirmed by the press you suggested I work for :D
It's the working classes who are rising up because it's they who are most affected, it always is. Do you honestly think Dankula would have been treated the way he has if he was the son of a Lord? of course not. We've even had a well known comedy writer (who once wrote a similar Nazi sketch) attacking him on twitter and actually trying to get his GoFundMe shut down. That kind of thing goes against most ordinary Brits sense of fair play, it irks us.
The vast majority in Britain see themselves as 'working class' but that doesn't necessarily mean they're poor or uneducated. At the event there were people from all walks of life, all religions, all creeds, all sexualities, there was even a drag queen singer on stage.
To get that many people to attend at relatively short notice, where the only advertising for it was through twitter,facebook & YouTube podcasts and on a bank holiday weekend is quite remarkable really, I think it's a sign that more and more distrust MSM. As our free speech increasingly comes under attack the more this will grow.

https://altnewsmedia.net/opinion/4000-p ... afternoon/

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Meyers begins his sabbatical.

I cannot fucking wait to see what pile of dogshit he comes up with this time.

Perhaps the FT should put in all our sigs one of those countdown timers so popular on chatboards in 1992.

https://i.imgur.com/ZBoofGS.png
'I can't wait' was my reaction too. By my extensive calculations there's a:

100% chance the Pit will get a laugh
74% chance Ophelia will find something to sniff at
63% chance the baboons will finally turn on him for some minor error in doctrine that proves he is a terrible human being (100% it won't be Nerd of ex-Redhead)
57% chance a red-shirted sealion west of the UK will decide it isn't worth his time, and will go on to make a major gain for secularism within one week
33% chance his 'gym' will not receive another year's subscription
27% chance Mary will decide to her cooch should close for business permanently
45% chance one of his stents does the same
4% chance one of his three children will bother to send a birthday card (secondary 97% it will be done 'ironically')
0.05% chance if he publishes it will outsell any other skeptic/atheist author
0% chance it would be JBP
0.03% chance he outsells "How to clean a toilet for pleasure and profit"
21% chance FTB stats fall to an all time low
29% chance Richard Carrier's artillery outguns him
49% chance his colleagues vote for him to have a second year of sabbatical (secondary 86% vote for doing it at their expense)
77% chance one or more Pitters have a spontaneous emission over one or more of the above (relying on you, Tuvok)
98% chance his publisher will decline the offered manuscript 'Lysenkoism Redux'
100% chance he will moan about and denigrate his poor fucking students as soon as he has to do some work again.

And so the world is brought back into balance, where his cranial vault density balances exactly the amount of depleted uranium fired by his son in basic training.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: ...as it has inclined both Sunder and Shatterface to depart.
I don't think this should go by without notice.

Perhaps we should have a quiet vigil for our comrades that have fallen by the wayside (both literally and metaphorically).

Sunder
Shatterface
BarnOwl
The Other John
Comhcxxxx
The guy(s) that didn't like Cohmcxxx
James Caruthers
Vicky Caramel
Aneris
Those people that I am forgetting (but shouldn't be)

I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic - I appreciate them all in their way. They certainly helped to make the pyt what it was (and is) - and to stave off the onset of an echo chamber.

(I also appreciate the people that are still here - but that's a post for another day).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So is there a groundswell of support for Blankenship for Senate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laO0JULtxSc

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: It's also too "working class" for half the country, who will see it, sniff, and have their base assumptions confirmed by the press you suggested I work for :D
It's the working classes who are rising up because it's they who are most affected, it always is. Do you honestly think Dankula would have been treated the way he has if he was the son of a Lord? of course not. We've even had a well known comedy writer (who once wrote a similar Nazi sketch) attacking him on twitter and actually trying to get his GoFundMe shut down. That kind of thing goes against most ordinary Brits sense of fair play, it irks us.
The vast majority in Britain see themselves as 'working class' but that doesn't necessarily mean they're poor or uneducated. At the event there were people from all walks of life, all religions, all creeds, all sexualities, there was even a drag queen singer on stage.
To get that many people to attend at relatively short notice, where the only advertising for it was through twitter,facebook & YouTube podcasts and on a bank holiday weekend is quite remarkable really, I think it's a sign that more and more distrust MSM. As our free speech increasingly comes under attack the more this will grow.

Yeah I know all of that, but I am saying the group defined here as "working class" is not large enough to get this supported, it NEEDS to be painfully un-political.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

WOC have you in their sights toxic white women.

:popcorn:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

MarcusAu wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:19 pm
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: ...as it has inclined both Sunder and Shatterface to depart.

Perhaps we should have a quiet vigil for our comrades that have fallen by the wayside (both literally and metaphorically).

Sunder
Shatterface
BarnOwl
The Other John
Comhcxxxx
James Caruthers
Vicky Caramel
Aneris

I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic - I appreciate them all in their way. They certainly helped to make the pyt what it was (and is) - and to stave off the onset of an echo chamber.

(I also appreciate the people that are still here - but that's a post for another day).
Jan Steen, Skep Tickle and some others that rarely post anymore. The FtBs are mostly dead, just sporadically twitching. The main players have sleazed, grifted or lazied themselves into obscurity, but the disease that they symbolized in the atheist community has metastasized into society. Sometimes it just seems like the pit and a few voices on Twitter are the last reasonable islands in a sea of ideological conformity.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Hunt wrote: Just heard a good friend of mine's house was destroyed here in Hawaii by the lava flow. A week ago everything was fine, chirping birds and sunny trade winds. Then a crack opens up and lava destroys your house.

Be thankful for what you have, folks.
It has been amazing watching the footage.

Visited Kilauea in 1990 and the bloody thing wasn't working. It started again after we left.

It was fascinating to see (cold) lava flows across roads, through houses, and into the sea.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Gumby. Shouldn't ever forget him.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Gumby. Shouldn't ever forget him.
And that guy Gef...Gefinn? Goefon? Griffin?

Plus old Mykeru and his dreams of usurping Dolce and Gabana.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Hunt wrote: Just heard a good friend of mine's house was destroyed here in Hawaii by the lava flow. A week ago everything was fine, chirping birds and sunny trade winds. Then a crack opens up and lava destroys your house.

Be thankful for what you have, folks.
It has been amazing watching the footage.

Visited Kilauea in 1990 and the bloody thing wasn't working. It started again after we left.

It was fascinating to see (cold) lava flows across roads, through houses, and into the sea.
You have to ask them to turn it on. Duh.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

KiwiInOz wrote: WOC have you in their sights toxic white women.

:popcorn:
Of course. The Oppression Olympics are always running.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote:

Sunder
Shatterface
BarnOwl
The Other John
Comhcxxxx
James Caruthers
Vicky Caramel
Aneris

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

screwtape wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Meyers begins his sabbatical.

I cannot fucking wait to see what pile of dogshit he comes up with this time.

Perhaps the FT should put in all our sigs one of those countdown timers so popular on chatboards in 1992.

https://i.imgur.com/ZBoofGS.png
'I can't wait' was my reaction too. By my extensive calculations there's a:

100% chance the Pit will get a laugh
74% chance Ophelia will find something to sniff at
63% chance the baboons will finally turn on him for some minor error in doctrine that proves he is a terrible human being (100% it won't be Nerd of ex-Redhead)
57% chance a red-shirted sealion west of the UK will decide it isn't worth his time, and will go on to make a major gain for secularism within one week
33% chance his 'gym' will not receive another year's subscription
27% chance Mary will decide to her cooch should close for business permanently
45% chance one of his stents does the same
4% chance one of his three children will bother to send a birthday card (secondary 97% it will be done 'ironically')
0.05% chance if he publishes it will outsell any other skeptic/atheist author
0% chance it would be JBP
0.03% chance he outsells "How to clean a toilet for pleasure and profit"
21% chance FTB stats fall to an all time low
29% chance Richard Carrier's artillery outguns him
49% chance his colleagues vote for him to have a second year of sabbatical (secondary 86% vote for doing it at their expense)
77% chance one or more Pitters have a spontaneous emission over one or more of the above (relying on you, Tuvok)
98% chance his publisher will decline the offered manuscript 'Lysenkoism Redux'
100% chance he will moan about and denigrate his poor fucking students as soon as he has to do some work again.

And so the world is brought back into balance, where his cranial vault density balances exactly the amount of depleted uranium fired by his son in basic training.
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Please, parcel these out slowly next time -- every quarter hour over a day -- so my wife doesn't have to wonder why she married a moronic hyena.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kirbmarc wrote:
For whatever reason, they never quote what the offensive remark was, just that "white people" and "shit" was used in the same sentence. If the speaker hadn't said white people are shit presumably something like "most people are shit, take for instance white people..." was likely said, or why would the person be offended?
Would the POCs be offended if the same sentence had black instead of white in it or would that be bad because racism=bigotry+power theory make it OK for them to say it?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
I find it intriguing to see what triggers the brave denizens of the pit to flight. We have had tee shirts, our failure to conduct RL targeted strikes, tears between the bovver boys and the pedestal people. We have had huffs over Anita, broken hearts over sci-babe. Others had their flame snuffed out in tandem with the implosion of FTB. Aneris walked because Kirb was a nazi. Gumby because of Clarence’s pedo-ness and a general disgust with the people at the bar. Southern was no doubt killed in a South American street knifing.

Now we have trembles arising from a discussion which at its root deals with the nature of the geo-nation state, its intersection with ethnic/cultural/liberal identity and the tensions of real world policy and population dynamics. The fucking horror.

And some people also have trouble dealing with the nuance of the alt-right broad spectrum where a moving proportion of their nonsense is actually what the craven left-libs should be accommodating and dealing with. But aren’t. Whoa.

In this context I see dummy spits as just more intriguing wacko colour.

Re a new thread.

Will all liberal culture narratives and their nazi counterpoints be quarantined there? That’s a broad brush indeed. I for one would be sad to see Kirbs non SJW specific lib viewpoints placed in a box. YMMV.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

There are many I miss. BarnOwl, ZenBabe, and Gumby I regard as friends, so I especially hate not seeing them around anymore.

But, ye godz...

PARSEHOLE

The Pit forgetting Parsehole is like Christians forgetting Jesus WhatsHisName :lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Kirbmarc wrote:
For whatever reason, they never quote what the offensive remark was, just that "white people" and "shit" was used in the same sentence. If the speaker hadn't said white people are shit presumably something like "most people are shit, take for instance white people..." was likely said, or why would the person be offended?
Would the POCs be offended if the same sentence had black instead of white in it or would that be bad because racism=bigotry+power theory make it OK for them to say it?
By asking this question you reveal your own bigoted nature.

Non-white people cannot be racist, of course, and especially not to white people, and if you criticize them in any way you're just showing your white fragility.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
I find it intriguing to see what triggers the brave denizens of the pit to flight. We have had tee shirts, our failure to conduct RL targeted strikes, tears between the bovver boys and the pedestal people. We have had huffs over Anita, broken hearts over sci-babe. Others had their flame snuffed out in tandem with the implosion of FTB. Aneris walked because Kirb was a nazi. Gumby because of Clarence’s pedo-ness and a general disgust with the people at the bar. Southern was no doubt killed in a South American street knifing.

Now we have trembles arising from a discussion which at its root deals with the nature of the geo-nation state, its intersection with ethnic/cultural/liberal identity and the tensions of real world policy and population dynamics. The fucking horror.

And some people also have trouble dealing with the nuance of the alt-right broad spectrum where a moving proportion of their nonsense is actually what the craven left-libs should be accommodating and dealing with. But aren’t. Whoa.

In this context I see dummy spits as just more intriguing wacko colour.

Re a new thread.

Will all liberal culture narratives and their nazi counterpoints be quarantined there? That’s a broad brush indeed. I for one would be sad to see Kirbs non SJW specific lib viewpoints placed in a box. YMMV.

I think it's possibly because enormous tombstone-slabs of text reiterating the same axiomatic points about race and culture very quickly begin to seem like pure ideology. And I dare say they remind some of the kind of thing that drove them here in the first place.

There comes a point where it's just a circular argument, and I suspect it's only serving those who wish to be saying this kind of stuff and it's no longer any kind of discussion. That's fair enough, but it will turn people off.

This is a general observation and not aimed at you personally, my dear antipodean :cdc:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Ape+lust wrote: There are many I miss. BarnOwl, ZenBabe, and Gumby I regard as friends, so I especially hate not seeing them around anymore.

But, ye godz...

PARSEHOLE

The Pit forgetting Parsehole is like Christians forgetting Jesus WhatsHisName :lol:
Yeah, I know I'm missing some voices I valued. Memory is a fickle thing, especially mine.

CaptainFluffyBunny

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/office ... ssion=true
Worst person in the world, a Cis-gendered, straight white male RELIGIOUS cop does an act of kindness. I'm sure PZ and Dan Arel and their ilk do things like this all the time, what with them being better people and all.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

DrokkIt wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

Yeah I know all of that, but I am saying the group defined here as "working class" is not large enough to get this supported, it NEEDS to be painfully un-political.
I see where your coming from (I think) and in one way I agree but you are forgetting that the FLA are just one group that will appeal to one set of people, football fans, but they are not the only people involved. [Much in the same way with the EU referendum, vote leave were the official campaign group and were essentially headed up by Conservative MP's but they were not the only group and they never appealed to UKIPers or labour leavers] As with a campaign for free speech many different groups will align, the march was organised jointly between two different groups (FLA & VAE) with the rally by Tommy Robinson. Not everyone went on the march, many went straight to Whitehall.

As for it needing to be painfully un political, sorry but you are just plain wrong, how can a campaign against the political establishments assault on our freedom of speech be anything other than poitical?

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Bhurzum wrote:
Just goes to show how difficult it is to write something in the voice of someone who is both smarter and more mature than you are.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

The Shakesville feminists review Avengers: Infinity War
► Show Spoiler
TLDR:
Men's feelings :roll:
Muh diversity!
White supremacy!

katamari Damassi

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/office ... ssion=true
Worst person in the world, a Cis-gendered, straight white male RELIGIOUS cop does an act of kindness. I'm sure PZ and Dan Arel and their ilk do things like this all the time, what with them being better people and all.
They don't need to. The way to heaven is through feminist grace and not good works.

katamari Damassi

KiwiInOz wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

Sunder
Shatterface
BarnOwl
The Other John
Comhcxxxx
James Caruthers
Vicky Caramel
Aneris

Damn! I wasn't aware some of those people left. Shatterface is gone? I guess I haven't been taking the conflicts here seriously enough. Maybe the Slymepit does have a problem?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

I see where your coming from (I think) and in one way I agree but you are forgetting that the FLA are just one group that will appeal to one set of people, football fans, but they are not the only people involved. [Much in the same way with the EU referendum, vote leave were the official campaign group and were essentially headed up by Conservative MP's but they were not the only group and they never appealed to UKIPers or labour leavers] As with a campaign for free speech many different groups will align, the march was organised jointly between two different groups (FLA & VAE) with the rally by Tommy Robinson. Not everyone went on the march, many went straight to Whitehall.

As for it needing to be painfully un political, sorry but you are just plain wrong, how can a campaign against the political establishments assault on our freedom of speech be anything other than poitical?
I meant 'political' as in 'uk political tribes'. Gotta be from all kinds of people, if one 'side' is seen to own it, people on the other will avoid. This goes both ways.

katamari Damassi

I'm on the road quite a bit now and listening to lots of podcasts. Can anyone recommend a non-SJW one that isn't right wing? For example: no Steve Crowder. I've been trying out Reason magazine's podcast, and it's ok, but too dogmatic libertarian for me.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Karmakin wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 4:10 am
I think the actual support for equality of outcome is very small. Certainly, it sounds good in 140 characters, but quite frankly, I don't think it's something people really believe or want. It just sounds ultra-moral or ethical. In reality, what the SocJus types are looking for is reducing the forms of competition into a singular social/political competition, ensuring they dominate that and gain the spoils accordingly.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Another person has died from being shanked, apparently, this time in Liverpool.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lsuoma wrote: Another person has died from being shanked, apparently, this time in Liverpool.
If it was a "real" knife they should look for a bogan on the loose. It's their "culture".

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

DrokkIt wrote:
This is a general observation and not aimed at you personally, my dear antipodean :cdc:
I will, nonetheless, seize the opportunity to be offended.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Another person has died from being shanked, apparently, this time in Liverpool.
If it was a "real" knife they should look for a bogan on the loose. It's their "culture".
Was a time when ‘real knives’ only had to be pulled on New York negros.

;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Or was it a Hispanic? All these visible minorities look the same.

:mrgreen:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oops.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Let me buy an indulgence.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Britain has an ageing population.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44029808

We need to import lots of unskilled young workers and then we can tax our pensioners so that the 5 children of immigrant families can get 10,000 each.

That way we can solve the problem of not having enough young workers to support our ageing population.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

katamari Damassi wrote: I'm on the road quite a bit now and listening to lots of podcasts. Can anyone recommend a non-SJW one that isn't right wing? For example: no Steve Crowder. I've been trying out Reason magazine's podcast, and it's ok, but too dogmatic libertarian for me.
Pod Save America was recommended to me - but I've not listened so cannot give it my personal imprimatur.

So to Speak (from FIRE.org) doesn't lean too far right, and takes things a little more seriously than some.

I've gone off Penns Sunday School - as I found it a bit repetitive and preachy. YMMV.

Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Collosal Podcast is an acquired taste - it definitely assumes the priviledge of free speech - and is about as far from SJW-sensibilities as you can get. (Though it may not be quite what you are looking for).

Hope this helps...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Ape+lust wrote: There are many I miss. BarnOwl, ZenBabe, and Gumby I regard as friends, so I especially hate not seeing them around anymore.

But, ye godz...

PARSEHOLE

And raise a glass to the Honeys - Wag & Bun.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A punchline finds its joke

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

katamari Damassi wrote: I'm on the road quite a bit now and listening to lots of podcasts. Can anyone recommend a non-SJW one that isn't right wing? For example: no Steve Crowder. I've been trying out Reason magazine's podcast, and it's ok, but too dogmatic libertarian for me.
Looking through the podcast app...

15 Credibility Street - Sharon Hill's podcast. Not my favourite but occasionally interesting.

A Podcast To the Curious - If you like ghost stories, this is an entertaining one discussing the ghost stories of M R James. They ran out of those a while back, and have kept going with other ghost stories.

Blurry Photos - Does a topic per episode, cryptozoological and other things weird. The two hosts are pretty funny, and has really good chemistry.

No Such Thing As A Fish - Very entertaining podcast from the researchers for QI.

Rumor Flies - Just started listening to this, they discuss various urban legends, myths and whatnot, and debunk as appropriate.

The H P Lovecraft Literary Podcast - Two guys who go through all of Lovecraft's stories, and when they ran out of those, have kept going with other weird fiction. Usually a fun listen, if you appreciate the genre.

John D

Post by John D »

SM1957 wrote: Britain has an ageing population.

We need to import lots of unskilled young workers and then we can tax our pensioners so that the 5 children of immigrant families can get 10,000 each.

That way we can solve the problem of not having enough young workers to support our ageing population.
It would help if they got rid of rent control. It is one of the worst ideas from the left. It escalates the prices for anyone entering the market significantly, and subsidizes people who never move. It also make it very hard for anyone to want to move so their career is adversely affected. Young people can get pretty pissed off when the grumpy old white haired geezer that has the great upper apartment pays half what they pay.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sharon Hill has a relentlessly sour Twitter feed. I wonder if her podcast is upbeat?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Four Women Accuse New York’s Attorney General of Physical Abuse

Update: Three hours after the publication of this story, Schneiderman resigned from his position.

Eric Schneiderman, New York’s attorney general, has long been a liberal Democratic champion of women’s rights, and recently he has become an outspoken figure in the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment.
Follow the link shitlords and read the rest.

John D

Post by John D »

This is pretty good. DON'T TALK TO THE POLICE.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote: This is pretty good. DON'T TALK TO THE POLICE.
I disagree - it's not pretty good, it's fucking fantastic. EVERYONE should watch it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

The vid is dated 2012 - but I think it's older than that - I recall it from the days when I was still reading Boing Boing.

https://boingboing.net/2008/07/28/law-p ... p-agr.html

Luckily it's not advice that I have had occasion to use myself.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

The Regressive Left in Britain continue their campaign of trying to erase women from public life

https://order-order.com/2018/05/08/oxfo ... en-alumni/

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Thankfully it appears to be just another bout of navel gazing from one of those think tanks whose sole purpose, it seems, is to regularly dish out nothing more than utter bollocks. May would have to be as mad as a hatter to give it even the slightest consideration, given that pensioners are one of the tories' major voting blocs. Then again, if one considers what happened at the last election, I guess we can't be too sure May and her fellow dumbasses won't do something so electorally suicidal.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: A punchline finds its joke

That would actually be quite funny were it not so close to the truth.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote: Then again, if one considers what happened at the last election, I guess we can't be too sure May and her fellow dumbasses won't do something so electorally suicidal.
She's already doing it with her total sell out to the EU Brexit negotiations to the point now where her own cabinet are showing signs of rebellion, to paraphrase an old football term, She's in danger of 'losing the dressing room' One thing about the Tories, once they smell defeat at the ballot box they're pretty ruthless. I wouldn't rule out a leadership challenge this summer. :popcorn:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44035676

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Or, there's always Renewal.
renewal.jpg
(60.82 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote: Thankfully it appears to be just another bout of navel gazing from one of those think tanks whose sole purpose, it seems, is to regularly dish out nothing more than utter bollocks.
No, they're doing serious research and coming up with sophisticated solutions. For example, they discovered that women predominate in fields with low pay, so the gender wage gap could be reduced by somehow getting more men to work in low paying fields.

https://www.resolutionfoundation.org/me ... y-a-fifth/

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

MarcusAu wrote:

Sunder
Shatterface
BarnOwl
The Other John
Comhcxxxx
James Caruthers
Vicky Caramel
Aneris

I miss Cunt... the pyt is just not the same place without s/h/it

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

dog puke wrote: I miss Cunt... the pyt is just not the same place without s/h/it
Cunt was an arsehole. Probably better missed.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 4:39 pm
I'm on the road quite a bit now and listening to lots of podcasts. Can anyone recommend a non-SJW one that isn't right wing? For example: no Steve Crowder. I've been trying out Reason magazine's podcast, and it's ok, but too dogmatic libertarian for me.
Assuming you mean political podcasts in particular, since you put in those two constraints:
  • What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law
  • Radiolab Presents More Perfect (Con Law)
  • FiveThirtyEight Politics Podcast
  • Trump, Inc. (investigative journalism, business side)
  • Deep State Radio (foreign policy)
  • FP Editor’s Roundtable (foreign policy)
  • Slate Podcasts (most of them)
On the off chance that you didn’t mean political content:
  • Very Bad Wizards (philosophy and psychology)
  • The Bayesian Conspiracy (rationalism, non-fiction)
  • Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality (rationalism, fiction)
  • The Grift (non-fiction, bookish)
  • Crimetown (documentary style)
  • Science Vs. (pop-skepticism)
  • Gimlet Podcasts (most of them)
I spend at least an 1½ hours on the road every day; most of these ones update regularly.