There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by MarcusAu »

I suspect the Millenials have the germ of their own cure within them - it has become almost cliche to think of them as a modern day Lost Generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1KJKcGzaVU

Though maybe it's all wishful thinking - as I wait for a Charleston revival to catch on.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

930 pm, I texted the person who hired me for tomorrow... asking start-time & location.
(Info which I have to prod employers to provide, last minute, surprisingly often. What a brainfart world.) I learned the gig is a concert. The headliner debuted at 56 on the Billboard charts, when his song became available as a Snapchat filter. !!!!!!!!????

Can anyone tell me how much I can expect to be paid, based on a $250 dayrate & this bit of Beat Poetry?:

"Day rates are a 12 hour guarantee with the hourly rate calculated by 14 pay hours of 8 hours of straight time and 4 hours at time and half. Hourly rate is divided by 14 for accounting purposes. Hours accrued after 12 hours are time and half and after 14 hours is the hourly rate doubled."

some guy

Post by some guy »

14 "hours" = 8 hours regular plus 4 hours at 1.5 times regular. IOW, 14 = 8 + (1.5 x 4)

So if $250 per day up to 12 hours, (8 regular, and 4 overtime), that's a regular hourly rate of $17.86 (and $26.79 per hour of overtime beyond 12 hours).

Sounds like they guarantee you pay for 12 hours, even if you work less, and additional pay at the overtime rate, for up to two additional hours, and then double the regular rate for any hours worked beyond 14 hours.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Math killed the pit.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I can't tell if that poem is real or not. This is where we're at.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

rayshul wrote: I can't tell if that poem is real or not. This is where we're at.
I was thinking 'real' until I read the tweet underneath giving the title. That goes too far. It's an Elfwick in my opinion.

I like the idea of having ghost trolls in one's ectoplasm, though!

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Only too plausible.
I'd finesse this a little bit and note that 'batshittery' is a phenomenon which exists chaotically. Analogy using forms of energy - it's like heat. Before the internet everyone you meet was indeed batshit, but batshit in a different direction from you, so there was no way you could co-ordinate your batshittery with theirs so it would dissipate.

Come the internet and it's like a filter or an overlay. You can find people whose batshittery is in alignment with yours and ignore all those who are batshit in a different direction. Alignment of batshittery gives the thing enough coherence to transmit - like black body radiation.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

You know how the left very quickly accuse anyone to the right of Che Guevara as being a racist these days?

Corbyn's "Kinder, gentler politics"
https://order-order.com/2018/05/01/labo ... uncle-tom/

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

piginthecity wrote:
rayshul wrote: I can't tell if that poem is real or not. This is where we're at.
I was thinking 'real' until I read the tweet underneath giving the title. That goes too far. It's an Elfwick in my opinion.

I like the idea of having ghost trolls in one's ectoplasm, though!
100% Elfwick-type troll.

Further examples...

I must admit though, the "dildo of hate" line is pretty thought provoking.

;)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: Unless I misinterpreted him, I think he meant that superior upper body strength was the foundation of patriarchy and not the result of it.
If so, then The Patriarchy™ began no later than with the sea lions.

male-sea-lion.jpg
No. It was earlier than that.

http://i51.tinypic.com/opqxw7.jpg
Oh, a Jordan Peterson fan.
:lol: Is that a Nazi salute to boot? Buried deep in our DNA.

But those following the "Jordan Peterson phenomenon", might be interested in a couple of quite sympathetic - and enlightening - overviews:

Esquire:
The Passion of Joradan Peterson

Is this middle-aged Canadian college professor the philosopher our times need—or a dangerous anti-PC provocateur in tweed clothing? ...
And C2C Journal:
Prophet Peterson’s cure for chaos
That’s what columnist David French concluded in National Review,
“In fact, there’s so much Bible in Peterson’s phenomenally successful book [Twelve Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos], that I never, ever want to hear another hipster Christian declare that “Scripture can’t reach kids these days.” Oh, really? It turns out that when a writer artfully connects Biblical passages to historic moral and philosophical developments, interprets them in light of his own knowledge of psychology, and presents the passages not as a pastor but as a professor, then secular readers will mainline it like heroin.”
While his detractors attempt to portray him as a kind of darkly ensorcelling Pied Piper for alt-right deplorables, a false messiah who will usher in a neo-patriarchy, undoing the good work of progressives who have so assiduously scrubbed clean the “toxic masculinity” that begrimed our society, I see an entirely different man. I see Alberta-raised Peterson as a prairie prophet, standing athwart a declining civilization and yelling STOP! ....

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote: First off, I reiterate that you pretty much always avoid my questions about you presonal experience of cultural replacement. From this, I deduce that you HAVE no personal experience of it. I don;t expect an answer from you on this, based on your avoidance so far.

<snip>

WHY should the people getting fucked over by the destruction of their way of life compromise? Fuck that shit. You really have no clue.
Shared values and civic participation is what is needed for that, leaving people into their ethnic bubbles and ghettos with a lassiez-faire attitude towards integration isn't very productive.
You are right. So don't let in people who WANT to stay in ethnic bubbles (or religious, or whatever). And get rid of the mechanisms that perpetuate those (Sharia courts?).

I'm sorry, but the way you pontificate from your ivory tower makes you as much of a clown as the academic SJWs. You refuse to pull your head out of your arse and try to understand what is happening on the ground.
Y'all stop picking on Kirbmarc now you hear! ;-)

But, yeah, largely agree with you, although "their way of life" was not without a fly or two in the ointment, as there is and was generally. At times, I think "the Muslim invasion" has helped shake "us" out of our complacency on many issues - it's an ill wind that blows no one any good.

But more specifically, I think Kirb has some "prior allegiances" that precludes him seeing that all of his bandaid solutions are little better than trying to bail out the sinking Titanic with a tea-cup: for all the few Muslims he brings back from "the dark side", the immigration policy just brings in far more of the same.

Though the times they are a-changin' - somewhat amused to think that Anne Marie Waters has shown more balls than many of her supposedly naturally endowed brethren:

And, ICYMI, apparently the current UKIP leader is likewise stepping up to the plate:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Fascinating topic Steers - but do you have anything to say about islam?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Obviously, I spoke too soon.

Nice to have you back Steers.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 pm
You know how the left very quickly accuse anyone to the right of Che Guevara as being a racist these days?

Not a problem at all. The forward thinking UK has hate speech laws to discourage this kind of thing. I'm sure you'll see prosecutions post haste.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote: Fascinating topic Steers - but do you have anything to say about islam?
Which "fascinating topic" are you referring to? Peterson? Indeed - kind of an existential one in many ways.

But since you ask, and in case you missed it ... ;-)
Can Islam, Sharia and a Secular Democracy coincide?

Our “illustrious” Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, was interviewed by the CBC not long after the 2015 election where he boldly asserted that “Canadians are quick to point out that … Islam is not incompatible with a secular democracy”, and all that despite a great deal of evidence to the contrary. ....
I would have said "coexist" - the editor wanted to pull the punch a bit - and would have said, "most certainly not"; you might check out the closing parargraph featuring a quote of, apparently, a Muslim reformer. Which paragraph the editor also took some unjustified liberties with.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote: Obviously, I spoke too soon.
Missed that - crossed communications. :-)
MarcusAu wrote: Nice to have you back Steers.
Thanks. :-)

Few other irons in the fire including an article on the Toronto van attack - submitted to Post Millennial and Quillette (no joy in mudville) and to another that I'm waiting to hear back from. If I strike out there too then I'll probably post it to Medium. Speaking of which, something you in particular might like :-) which references an article in Quillette and which garnered some "applause" from the author of it:

Horns of a Dilemma: Tyrannies of the Subjective and Objective Narratives

Keating

Post by Keating »

Has anyone here seen James Burke's The Day the Universe Changed? I've always wondered why it didn't have the same kind of penetration that Bronowski's The Ascent of Man has. Anyway, I was reminded of it recently and it seems congruent with Peterson's view of the world, and pertinent with several Pit topics.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I thought “black face” was altogether different.

What we really need is a white Martin Luther King impersonator.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: ...
Well I for one wouldn't judge such an individual based on the the colour of their skin.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

You know I don't usually buy into guilt by association - but I'm sure that it could reflect badly on me (or others) to be associated with a forum where messages from Mark Collett are regularly posted.

Just so everyone can know and make their own informed decision.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Mark is an idiot. As I have said before.

He had the nazi tattooed gf and is always earnestly crowing about the need to band together to win big in the elections.

He has also been shredding co-hosts for his ridiculous podcasts.

The Joan of Arc story though is objectively true (according to Google) and appeared to miss getting reported in the SMH. Which is weird.

So I suppose he has his uses. Which is also sadly weird.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

:lol:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

If Margaret of Anjou can be a negress then so can Joan of fucking Arc :snooty:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

I'm utterly hooked om the "poetry" of Titania!

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
BoxNDox wrote: It's essentially a different class of machine: Throwaway garbage.
Exactly. The complaint that Apple laptops are too expensive is specious, as Apple simply doesn't offer a low-end, toss-away, line. As CFB (?) suggested, you want a $400 Mac? Buy a used one.
Amusingly, the suggestion to buy used runs into the problem in reverse - people assume that since their $400 PC was a piece of crap the $400 used Mac will be too.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
The hardware/OS is one thing: Your options are severely limited and you have to pick a poison. However, on the software side I try as much as possible to use products built by people who actually give a crap about what they are doing and who actually fix the bugs I report.
Mac OS is preferable, not perfect (it does runs much smoother & cleaner since X went to UNIX.) Occasionally the OS & Apple apps do some frustratingly stupid things. In Pages, for example, you can no longer search / replace for hard returns. Tech support for apps is essentially non-existent, as Apple's corporate policy is to pretend that bugs don't exist. (Kind of like Queen Victoria's approach to lesbians.)
Yeah, like how they just removed the ability to attach scripts in Messages. Or how every time they update Keynote I have to figure out a new way to bulk import from Photos.

Apple's weird quest for application simplification, or whatever it is, is nothing short of bizarre. While the endless addition and reshuffling of features has turned MS Office into a mewling abortion, at least more often than not you can still do the stuff you need to do after an update.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I regularly use a 3P, iMazing ($35), to interface with my iPhone. It's neat, intuitive (everything has a drag & drop option), powerful and, in contrast to the Mac OS phone-computer interface, actually works.
I hadn't heard of iMazing before. I'll give it a try; thanks.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
When I needed to create a web site for my horse rescue, it took me forever to find a functioning app that didn't cost a fortune. Finally I came across Sparkle ($79, got it on special for $44), and I love it. They are still slowly adding features & functionality, but it looked & handled like the page layout & design apps I was familiar with. Very intuitive, a snap to use. Does about 80% of what I'd want, and 99% of what I needed as a small non-profit with a basic web presence.
These days I find it necessary to use a full CMS like Joomla or Drupal (I wouldn't touch Wordpress with a stick) for the web sites I operate, but I've heard nothing but good things about Sparkle.

Other noteworthy third party apps include BBEdit for code editing, Tinderbox and/or Yojimbo for notes, and BusyCal/BusyContacts to replace Apple's iCal/Contacts.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote: Fascinating topic Steers - but do you have anything to say about islam?
Fuck. The Steersbot agrees with me.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Welcome to London innit blud!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote: I thought “black face” was altogether different.

Fuck it, they all turn to the same coloured ash when you burn 'em.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse wrote: Welcome to London innit blud!

That is obviously false - no black man has only a six-inch chopper.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Keating wrote: Has anyone here seen James Burke's The Day the Universe Changed? I've always wondered why it didn't have the same kind of penetration that Bronowski's The Ascent of Man has. Anyway, I was reminded of it recently and it seems congruent with Peterson's view of the world, and pertinent with several Pit topics.
I did, but I don't see a Peterson connection. Maybe I'm not remembering it well. Really liked Connections and Day the Universe Changed. He did a television special in 1990(?) called After the Warming-about climate change-that was weirdly optimistic and strangely predicted that Japan would lead the way against climate change despite their historic record of not being particularly good on environmental issues.

katamari Damassi

Lsuoma wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: Welcome to London innit blud!

That is obviously false - no black man has only a six-inch chopper.
I've met a few.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lsuoma wrote: That is obviously false - no black man has only a six-inch chopper.
Very good, you should give yourself a BPE for that one :clap: :lol:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

katamari Damassi wrote: I've met a few.
Milo, is that you?

katamari Damassi

Tigzy wrote:
Milo, is that you?
No. I'm not broke.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Milo, is that you?
No. I'm not broke.
Not surprising if you've only had six inch choppers... :rimshot:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Got A Light.jpg
(59.88 KiB) Downloaded 273 times

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

#FreeSpeechIsHateSpeech

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
LoL. As I've been saying the same thing for pretty much of a coon's age, those paying attention might reasonably wonder why you're so late to the party, though better late than never.

But for example, from Kirbmarc's Islam & Islamists thread - racy reading, highly recommended; currently at 14046 views:
Post by Steersman » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:53 pm
Kirbmarc wrote:
Namazie has explicitly rejected the idea that all Muslims are more or less Islamists:

To use her name to support your ideas is fundamentally dishonest. It's like quoting a paper in favor of a change in the paradigm in the theory of evolution by natural selection and use it to support creationism.
Well, bully for her. And I would agree that it's untenable to argue "all Muslims"; as I've pointed out several times, the Pew Forum Survey notes that some 25% of US Muslims don't subscribe to the view that the Quran is the literal word of gawd. So they can stay - I'd just deport the balance. And close the borders to Muslims in general.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:38 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

For Fuck's sake, Brive - there's nothing wrong with this.

Nobody is saying that J of A had a different skin colour from what she did (pre-burning). It's a historical pageant where figures are represented. Who cares which girl it was whose turn it was to be Joan this year ? There are loyalist parades in PaddyBrown's land where 'King Billy' is represented by a 10-12 year old boy twirling a wooden sword. Are adults being written out of history ? Are metal swords being written out of history ?

Is your identitarian world so idiotic that skin colour is the one fixed focus of attention ? Is it the case that every single historical enactment but be accurate by this one metric - the precise amount of melanin per square centimetre of skin ? Every other axis of historical accuracy can just go hang ?

You've left the path of reason, man.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

piginthecity wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:31 am

Nobody is saying that J of A had a different skin colour from what she did (pre-burning). It's a historical pageant where figures are represented. Who cares which girl it was whose turn it was to be Joan this year ? There are loyalist parades in PaddyBrown's land where 'King Billy' is represented by a 10-12 year old boy twirling a wooden sword. Are adults being written out of history ? Are metal swords being written out of history ?

Is your identitarian world so idiotic that skin colour is the one fixed focus of attention ? Is it the case that every single historical enactment but be accurate by this one metric - the precise amount of melanin per square centimetre of skin ? Every other axis of historical accuracy can just go hang ?

So black people are taking an active history in the history and pageantry of France? Isn't that what is meant by integration?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

piginthecity wrote:

If anything, by playing Joan of Arc, the woman has shown that she's integrating within French culture. If what you actually care about is preserving local culture, having people celebrate cultural figures of the French past should be something you see as positive.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

piginthecity wrote:

I don't know what's happened to the funny Australian fella that used to comment here. Now there's just a weird guy who's obsessed with pigtails and with YouTube lunatics who see "blacks under the bed".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

If your standard is "fit in or fuck off", you shouldn't be concerned by someone who's fitting in so well that they play a historic figure of the country they live in.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

The important thing, though, as I mentioned above, is that she gets burned at the end. /english

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, and let's see a black William Tell next!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Oh Brive still has a way with words - even (or perhaps especially) when I disagree with him. In any case I'm in no position to judge as I follow Alt-Right godfather, contrarian, wife-beater and all round misanthrope Jim Goad.

http://takimag.com/article/revolt_of_th ... z5ENabcmkZ
He also does a podcast.

On a different tack - I've just started studying to renew a Cisco certification - I think Brive works in computer networks too - I wonder if I can draw him out on the subject.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Oh, and let's see a black William Tell next!
That would be plagerism, pure and simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5vHYpjaUko

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
I don't know what's happened to the funny Australian fella that used to comment here. Now there's just a weird guy who's obsessed with pigtails and with YouTube lunatics who see "blacks under the bed".
Speaking as someone who remembers when PZ Myers was good - Heck, I even remember when Steve Shives was good - I must say I can't remember Brive from them days.

To me, he's still a newcomer to the pit - and we know what we're supposed to think about interlopers who abuse their welcome by trying to change the culture. We've listened to enough lectures on that topic.

katamari Damassi

piginthecity wrote:

What upsets me is that they didn't choose a trans person. I know for a fact that Danielle Muscato identifies as a female martyr.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 pm

The regressive and far left are determined to issue the edict that calling brown and black people "Uncle Tom", "porch monkey", "coconut", etc. **is not** racist in anyway, because they are as they are on the left, they are "anti-racist", and know what's best for people of colour. That includes agreeing with everything the left says.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

katamari Damassi wrote: What upsets me is that they didn't choose a trans person. I know for a fact that Danielle Muscato identifies as a female martyr.
So were you more attracted to Danielle before or after they transitioned?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

With the mileage she gets off a nonexistent book, Heina should submit her grocery lists for a Pulitzer.

https://imgur.com/kObpnhI.png

katamari Damassi

MarcusAu wrote: Oh Brive still has a way with words - even (or perhaps especially) when I disagree with him. In any case I'm in no position to judge as I follow Alt-Right godfather, contrarian, wife-beater and all round misanthrope Jim Goad.

http://takimag.com/article/revolt_of_th ... z5ENabcmkZ
He also does a podcast.

On a different tack - I've just started studying to renew a Cisco certification - I think Brive works in computer networks too - I wonder if I can draw him out on the subject.
Try saying that whites are being replaced in Cisco.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Three things make this data point less egregious in my mind than my compitriots seem to feel.

Firstly there is the question of civic-culturalism. A word I just made up.

Civic nationalism takes objective cultural and ethic markers and reduces the formula to subjective, high level and very general criteria. As we have seen this compromises the strength of the base identity and simply encourages many economic migrants to inject their own silos and claim equivalency. In the West the base identity then endures additional hits via SJ ideological self hate and and wet liberal indifference.

Civic culturalism involves seminal motifs having their objective (historical/ethnic) foundations removed as they are repurposed, PoMo fashion, into universal value metaphors.

It’s an interesting process. We are seeing it in Australia where the Anzac construct is being progressively purged of its context to appeal (presumably) to our increasing numbers of Chinese and Indian Australians. An example would be the advert for the War Memorial seen at Canberra airport. A family of impressively mixed heritage peers into the Pool of Remembrance. Shadowy reflections of Australian soldiers peer back at the legacy of their early 20th century sacrifice. It’s a surprisingly nuanced message, regardless of its improbable basis.

So there is the issue with Joan. One website says there were 4 criteria, only 1 of which is anchored in objectivity. Orleans resident, 10 year duration, high school student, catholic. Presumably males are not discriminated against. Or maybe it would be ridiculous to have a dick wielding Joan? Once you go down this path things get sticky. Another site quotes the girl as saying “what is important is that she's French." Apparently now Catholicism and gender is optional. Of cause being “French” begs another question.

In short we need to consider .. if integrating multi cultures requires removing the base meaning of institutions - is that actual progress? Especially if the motifs of the introduced cultures remain inviolable? Meh. Questions without clear answers.

Secondly there is the agenda question, quite seperate from the girl herself or the structural repurposing. Apparently Joan is a nationalist symbol in much of France. Anyone who doesn’t believe this selection isn’t, at some level, a virtue signalling flip of the bird is deluded. Having the exercise wrapped in layers of Kevlar invites questioning. Albeit of a type less hyperbolic than what eventuated.

Finally there is the whole hypocrisy angle. Which is what I actually directly referenced as that is generally understood on this forum. We have just witnessed a 16 yo be taken apart online for her personal non-symbolic Chinese dress. We saw the confused horror of #wrongskin. The Wankara movie epic. Horror over any form or variant (braiding) of blackface. It would appear casual “appropriation” is a problem that cultural terraforming isn’t. Who knew?

Now thanks to you all I have to consider my apparent nasty girl hating racist bigot angle. :snooty:

:)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I wonder if things might be changing though...

After all Rachel Dolezal scored some fairly brutal (though not yet fatal) blows to the myth of cultural appropriation.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Now, where's the nearest tower block? :?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Does nobody care that New Zealand keeps getting left off the maps? Fuck you all. You're ALL PART of THE COnSpiracy. I see it now. Brive's braids were all misdirection.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

piginthecity wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Speaking as someone who remembers when PZ Myers was good - Heck, I even remember when Steve Shives was good - I must say I can't remember Brive from them days.

To me, he's still a newcomer to the pit - and we know what we're supposed to think about interlopers who abuse their welcome by trying to change the culture. We've listened to enough lectures on that topic.
I started following PZ when he was in at science blogs as part of my standard issue skepticality/SGU/Skeptoid progression. 2008 I believe. And started pondering the ins and outs of Elevator-gate from that perspective. I’d hear of the Slymepit and visit from time to time but never figured out its format and never found the current thread. I also hadn’t worked out a preferred narrative. So I didn’t really give a damn.

I only came here and registered when I got ban-hammered (back when it still had cache) after telling Caine to fuck off in a Shermer thread while telling PZ his site was a silo. I had found my narrative on my own. Thank you very much.

So yes. I feel as “othered” here as a ginger samurai or a French Canadian izinduna. But like any first gen Chinese migrant, that’s why I work so hard.