There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
CommanderTuvok

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kristi Winters is a retard.

Oh, and PZ Myers....you reading this? Yeah? Well, listen up......go and fuck a screwdriver you shitstain. No lube, either. Fucking shithead.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

dogen wrote: It seems the DNA analysis (which appeared in Nature in 2015) points toward a stronger link with current Native American populations, than with Ainu or Polynesian groups. So, the claims in the SciAm article have not been borne out by further analysis. In spite of morpological differences in his skeleton, it appears Kennewick man is an ancestral Native American.
Still doesn't prove any direct link to the particular tribe. American Indian tribes were notoriously peripatetic.

The claiming tribe in that article:
“From our oral histories, we know that our people have been part of this land since the beginning of time. We do not believe that our people migrated here from another continent, as the scientists do.”
That's just really fucking stupid.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

So Bill Cosby was just found guilty of multiple sexual assaults. How long before SOCJUS cries "racism."

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

How does something this stupid have a PhD?
There is no floor.

At FTB the horde follow PZ’s nod and descend with their flaming torches on a (black) man convicted of rape. Largely because he is rich.

Giliell goes into auto mode against the cruel American jail system before realising she is defending the rights of said rapist.

Her head explodes, she swears at the horde and slinks off.

dogen

Post by dogen »

KiwiInOz wrote: Why has my laptop decided that I can now only see a grey box instead of imbedded tweets. It's like hearing people laughing but not hearing the joke.
Stop looking up Ophelia's skirt.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Kristi Winters is a retard.

Oh, and PZ Myers....you reading this? Yeah? Well, listen up......go and fuck a screwdriver you shitstain. No lube, either. Fucking shithead.
If you get push back from retards, you brought it on yourself. :naughty:

free thoughtpolice

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

MarcusAu wrote:

Have any of you heard of these things called "sailboats" or is that something that I know about?

free thoughtpolice

Billie from Ockham wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

Have any of you heard of these things called "sailboats" or is that something that I know about?
It turns out that sailboats have been plundering the wind resource for centuries, no doubt causing a climate change, not to mention the millions of migratory birds that confused sails for clouds and crashed in to them, breaking their necks. Also sailors tend to be misogynistic, whoremongering when they aren't pillaging and raping.
Sailboats and sailors are both environmental and social criminals. :snooty:

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

I guess that I should have known that it wasn't a coincidence that the sails on sailboats are usually white.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-impa ... 5384141188

Okay, forgive my vast ignorance, but I came across this on Twitter, and it seems almost as though it is trying to legitimize FGM. Is that the case? That was also the impression of some other Twitter users. If that is the case, what the fuck? If so, this should not fly in any civilized country, nor should EventBrite allow it on their site.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: It turns out that sailboats have been plundering the wind resource for centuries, no doubt causing a climate change, not to mention the millions of migratory birds that confused sails for clouds and crashed in to them, breaking their necks. Also sailors tend to be misogynistic, whoremongering when they aren't pillaging and raping.
Sailboats and sailors are both environmental and social criminals. :snooty:
Also, they turn the dolphins gay.

My mate Alex told me so...

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-impa ... 5384141188

Okay, forgive my vast ignorance, but I came across this on Twitter, and it seems almost as though it is trying to legitimize FGM. Is that the case? That was also the impression of some other Twitter users. If that is the case, what the fuck? If so, this should not fly in any civilized country, nor should EventBrite allow it on their site.
Only together, we can design unbiased and non-discriminatory policy to protect and safeguard our children.
Don't fucking cut them. Problem solved.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:05 am
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Lauren Southern raped me. Toxic white masculinity is to blame.
[i.mg]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... FG1dBecibg[/img]
I have braid-pics.
Kirb, seems like you have the Midas touch.

:dance: :clap:

Her safe word is "coconut cowbell".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: There is no floor.

At FTB the horde follow PZ’s nod and descend with their flaming torches on a (black) man convicted of rape. Largely because he is rich.

Giliell goes into auto mode against the cruel American jail system before realising she is defending the rights of said rapist.

Her head explodes, she swears at the horde and slinks off.

This is funnier:
Giliell wrote:BTW, listen carefully to the journalist in the video linked to by cervantes.
“Accusers”, “Ladies who believe they are victims”,…
Seems like even after a guilty verdict we’re not allowed to call a spade a spade.
chigau wrote:Giliell
“spade” is yet another American derogatory word for a Black person.
Giliell wrote:chigau
I’m sorry, I didn’t known that. I was thinking about garden tools.
Intent isn't magic, Giliell, you racist scum. :bjarte:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

You can find a dissertation for a Kristi Marie-Diana Winters on google titled "Sex and gender as sources of heterogeneity in political attitudes and behaviours" from a "Department of Government". No idea if that is the same person or what a "department of government" is (related to poli-sci maybe?) but it sounds like a joke project. In a lot of these disciplines I don't think you have to do anything remotely rigorous as long as your novelty pseudo-research has a politically palatable conclusion. We have a whole cottage industry of blustering theologians in academia who don't debate how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but have strong feelings about the gendered and white supremacist implications of that question.

So anyway, that's my answer. She probably doesn't have a real one - she probably got hers from some kind of "studies" department.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

katamari Damassi wrote: So Bill Cosby was just found guilty of multiple sexual assaults. How long before SOCJUS cries "racism."
It won't happen. He's a famous, rich man being found guilty of sexual crimes against women, so he loses all of his victim points. Hell, he lost all of his victim points when he was accused of sexual crimes.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Build a fleet of thorium reactor-powered vessels, and Make Britain Great Again!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Old_ones wrote:

You can find a dissertation for a Kristi Marie-Diana Winters on google titled "Sex and gender as sources of heterogeneity in political attitudes and behaviours" from a "Department of Government". No idea if that is the same person or what a "department of government" is (related to poli-sci maybe?) but it sounds like a joke project. In a lot of these disciplines I don't think you have to do anything remotely rigorous as long as your novelty pseudo-research has a politically palatable conclusion. We have a whole cottage industry of blustering theologians in academia who don't debate how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but have strong feelings about the gendered and white supremacist implications of that question.

So anyway, that's my answer. She probably doesn't have a real one - she probably got hers from some kind of "studies" department.
What makes me sad about this, as someone who has a PhD in Linguistics, is that the Bullshit Studies undermine the humanities in general. I like to think that my work on improving teaching methods for Second Language Acquisition has a little more validity than feminist glaciology papers about whether cooked fat turns into ice, or gender studies on horse-girl assemblages, or auto-ethnography about listening to Caribbean music and reporting on one's feelings. But for the public all PhDs are equal, or in the worst case scenario all PhDs but those in STEM are bullshit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Old_ones wrote:

That's her. She also co-authored a paper on "Reporting Qualitative Results", a.k.a., how to make stuff you pulled out of your ass sound sciencey.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote: I like to think that my work on improving teaching methods for Second Language Acquisition has a little more validity than ... horse-girl assemblages....
You've got to be kidding.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: I like to think that my work on improving teaching methods for Second Language Acquisition has a little more validity than ... horse-girl assemblages....
You've got to be kidding.
What, you didn't know about this?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The paper works with queer and feminist post-human materialist scholarship to understand the way young teen valleys' girls experienced ubiquitous feelings of fear, risk, vulnerability and violence. Longitudinal ethnographic research of girls (aged 12–15) living in an ex-mining semi-rural community suggests how girls are negotiating complex gendered and sexual mores of valleys' life. We draw on Deleuze and Guatarri's concept of ‘becomings’ emerging in social–material–historical ‘assemblages’ to map how the gendered and queer legacies of the community's equine past surfaces affectively in girls' talk about horses. Our cartography traces a range of ‘transversal flashes’ in which girls' lives and their activities with horses resonate with a local history coloured by the harsh conditions of mining as well as liberatory moments of ‘pure desire’. We creatively explore Deleuze and Guatarri's provocation to return desire to its polymorphous revolutionary force. Instead of viewing girls as needing to be empowered, transformed or rerouted, we emphasise the potential of what girls already do and feel and the more-than-human assemblages which enable these desires.
:bjarte:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Kirbmarc wrote: The paper works with queer and feminist post-human materialist scholarship to understand the way young teen valleys' girls experienced ubiquitous feelings of fear, risk, vulnerability and violence. Longitudinal ethnographic research of girls (aged 12–15) living in an ex-mining semi-rural community suggests how girls are negotiating complex gendered and sexual mores of valleys' life. We draw on Deleuze and Guatarri's concept of ‘becomings’ emerging in social–material–historical ‘assemblages’ to map how the gendered and queer legacies of the community's equine past surfaces affectively in girls' talk about horses. Our cartography traces a range of ‘transversal flashes’ in which girls' lives and their activities with horses resonate with a local history coloured by the harsh conditions of mining as well as liberatory moments of ‘pure desire’. We creatively explore Deleuze and Guatarri's provocation to return desire to its polymorphous revolutionary force. Instead of viewing girls as needing to be empowered, transformed or rerouted, we emphasise the potential of what girls already do and feel and the more-than-human assemblages which enable these desires.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/fb3f2d1 ... id=6081931

That's a lot of salad...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The sooner Universities return to classical non-vocational centres of legitimate learning the better.

Engineers and architects, high school teachers and communication & marketing types should have their trade schools. With their own cos-play PhDs. :mrgreen:

Soft social sciences, unknown two centuries ago, should retreat to their asylums. The idea of community based mental health has long been proved bankrupt.

katamari Damassi

Kirbmarc wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: So Bill Cosby was just found guilty of multiple sexual assaults. How long before SOCJUS cries "racism."
It won't happen. He's a famous, rich man being found guilty of sexual crimes against women, so he loses all of his victim points. Hell, he lost all of his victim points when he was accused of sexual crimes.
You would think that, and feminists have been clamoring for justice in this case, but now that they have what they asked for, they have to be outraged about something else. He's a black man in a white supremacist justice system that over incarcerates black men.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:43 pm
Kirbmarc wrote:
You would think that, and feminists have been clamoring for justice in this case, but now that they have what they asked for, they have to be outraged about something else. He's a black man in a white supremacist justice system that over incarcerates black men.
I could see some SocJus person trying to argue that the reason why Cosby got 30 years while Weinstein is still free is racism.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

dogen wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:06 pm
Here's the Nature article I mentioned:

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature14625
Yep.

The point is we would have known nothing if those dick heads had managed to rebury his remains before they were examined.

Figure 1 : Genetic affinities between Kennewick Man and a panel of world-wide populations.
https://media.nature.com/lw926/nature-a ... 625-f1.jpg
a, Principal components analysis (PCA) projecting Kennewick Man and Anzick-1 onto a set of out-of-Africa populations. b, Heat map of f3-outgroup statistics between Kennewick Man, Native Americans, Siberians and additional populations with suggested relationship to Kennewick Man (in squares). Warmer colours indicate higher allele sharing. For list of population labels, see the Methods section. c, Admixture proportions for worldwide set of population, including masked Native American, Anzick-1 and Kennewick, shown at K = 14.
Figure 2 : Shared ancestry among samples within the Americas.
https://media.nature.com/lw926/nature-a ... 625-f2.jpg
a–d, Heat maps of f3-outgroup statistics testing (YRI; Native Americans, X), where X is Kennewick Man (a), Anzick-1 (b), Colville (c) or Chipewyan (d). Warmer colours indicate higher allele sharing, for list of population labels, see the Methods section.
As a "brown" person I am getting increasingly impatient with "white guilt" culture and the spineless kow-towing and appeasement. It is infuriating to see John Hawks and Kristina Killgrove jump on the band wagon.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

One way to solve over-incarceration of black men is to reform the system to reduce sentences, but another way is to imprison more white men.

Just like, theoretically, one way to close the wage gap is pay men less.

Or one way to solve racism in police shootings is to have the police kill more white people. :bjarte:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Perfect equal misery is equal, after all, and probably easier to achieve than structural reforms. I could see some SocJus people coming to this conclusion sooner or later, namely that equality is not about elevating oppressed people but about making oppressors suffer more. :twatson:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirbmarc wrote: Perfect equal misery is equal, after all, and probably easier to achieve than structural reforms. I could see some SocJus people coming to this conclusion sooner or later, namely that equality is not about elevating oppressed people but about making oppressors suffer more. :twatson:
In order to ensure everything runs smoothy - violence could be handled the old fashioned way - via computer simulation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKmUd0zHW4w

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:43 pm
Kirbmarc wrote:
I could see some SocJus person trying to argue that the reason why Cosby got 30 years while Weinstein is still free is racism.
I think Cosby is guilty since he pretty much admitted the charges in the three million dollar civil settlement he made to Andrea Constand. What I find interesting in his second criminal trial was that the prosecutor convinced the judge to admit evidence from prior claims by other women, which established a pattern of sexual assault. Otherwise they probably would have ended with a hung jury as in the last trial. I'm not so sure this is a great precedent though; it's like they added just enough mob justice to push things over the top. I can see the same tactic leading to miscarriages of justice in the future.

I'm not a huge fan of "where there's smoke there must be fire" style justice. I think 40 women or 400 can be deluded or deceitful just as easily as 4, especially in cases involving celebrity.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You can stand down, I found Pug man’s sentencing statement. I’m not sure you get a full judgement in this sort of micky mouse court.

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/8/ ... rk-Meechan

The core seems to be this:
As a matter of law, the test is not whether the video was offensive but whether it was grossly offensive. That standard is an objective one in which I must apply the standards of an open and just multi-racial society, taking account of context and the relevant circumstances, applying reasonably enlightened contemporary standards, considering whether the message is liable to cause gross offence to those to whom it relates: in this case, Jewish people. It is a high test. I concluded, applying these standards to the evidence, that your video was not just offensive but grossly so, as well as menacing, and that you knew that or at least recognised that risk.
As a complete aside I also give you Borat.

No Jew could find the blatant expression of Eastern European pogram-talk (in order to egg on yanky anti-Semites) “grossly offensive”

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

(2)A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he—

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,

(b)causes such a message to be sent; or

(c)persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.
That's a very dangerous rule...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

This is Hope not Hate's hate list, the list contains the usual 'Nazi' suspects like the interim UKIP leader Gerard Batten, For Britain leader Anne Marie Waters & comedian Pat Condell but it also contains a woman called Toni Bugle, if anyone doesn't know about her she runs a charity org. MARIAS (Mothers Against Radical Islam And Sharia) which helps Muslim women who have been abused and fled their communities and have no where else to turn. She does some bloody good work.

Hope not Hate are one of the organisations that Theresa May has asked to help in the defining of 'Islamophobia' before the UK makes it a specific stand alone hate crime. In effect, a blasphemy law exclusively for Islam.

Gawd help us all :?

https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/research ... ritain/#15

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
I have braid-pics.
Now say: 'I have nude selfies'.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
I have braid-pics.
Now say: 'I have nude selfies'.
I tried and failed. But I did get Lauren and Brittany gagged. I then said “balls too please”. Instead of ball-gags I got blokes. :(

Enjoy the opening scenes at least.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

As I predicted (to myself), Bill Cosby has been 'whitened' -- he used his "proximity to whiteness to prey on the black community."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-bill- ... rize-women

Really?

Post by Really? »

Caster Semenya, the South African middle-distance runner, is the world champion in the women’s 800 meters. But because of new regulations unveiled on Thursday by the International Association of Athletics Federations, she’ll never be able to win that race on the global stage again as a woman — unless she submits to medical procedures to alter her body.

The regulations, which are to take effect in November, mandate that women athletes with naturally elevated testosterone levels, like Semenya, cannot compete in any races between 400 meters and a mile unless they undergo endocrine treatments or surgery to bring those levels down into what is judged to be the “acceptable” range for females.

Back in the day, dividing sports by gender was easy. People who had been raised as girls competed as women. Those raised as boys competed as men. But the more science we obtained, and the more competitive (and lucrative) sports became, the more officials started insisting we had to be careful not to let athletes who were “really” males compete with “real” females.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/opin ... letes.html

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

As some/many of you know already I despise the SPLC and dismiss them as nothing more than a "jobs for a select few" scheme while providing nothing of value.

Tablet has posted an article that mirrors my talking points about the SPLC:
(full article with links below)
The Southern Poverty Law Center: From Klan Hunters to Multimillion-dollar Smear Machine
Shortly after the election of Donald Trump in November of 2016, a lot of people I knew wrote biggish checks to the Southern Poverty Law Center. They weren’t alone: According to tax filings, the group took in $136 million last year alone, bringing its total assets to a whopping half-a-billion dollars.

This surge in the organization’s popularity makes sense: The SPLC, after all, is the group that had once, nearly four decades ago, protected Vietnamese shrimpers from the Klan in Galveston Bay, sued several white supremacist groups out of existence, and delivered justice to the family Mulugeta Seraw, an Ethiopian student bludgeoned to death by members of a Neo-Nazi group in Portland, Oregon. You’d think that an organization with such a gleaming record would be richly deserving of support, particularly as far-right thugs are once again openly on the march.

Then again, you could ask Sam Harris.

In late March, the SPLC included a piece about the best-selling author in its dailyHatewatch Headlines, a compilation of media reports on bigots, thugs, and other assorted creeps. Why was the neuroscientist and prominent atheist thrown in together with Mark Anthony Conditt, the Austin bomber who had murdered two black men, and Nazi war criminal Jakiw Palij? Because Harris defended Charles Murray, a political scientist best-known for arguing that genetic differences may account for varying levels of intelligence between races. The assertion drove many in academia and journalism to label Murray a racist; he was famously shouted out of an appearance at Middlebury College last March, and was labeled a “White Nationalist” and an “extremist” by the SPLC. But when the prominent Harvard geneticist David Reich echoed Murray’s ideas in a New York Times op-ed last month—arguing that “it is simply no longer possible to ignore average genetic differences among ‘races’”—Harris took several of Murray’s critics to task on Twitter, including Vox’s Ezra Klein. Klein responded in his typically obfuscating fashion, doing little to discuss the ideas at hand and a lot to strangle them with potent ideological terms. White men discussing the possibility of genetic differences between blacks and whites wasn’t science, Klein thundered—it was racism pure and simple, facts and findings be damned. The SPLC was quick to mirror this sentiment, placing Harris on its HateWatch list.

This was far from the first time that the SPLC applied the blunt force of its historic reputation to label political opponents as racists or extremists. Harris’s co-author, Majid Nawaaz, experienced the organization’s wrath as well. A former radical Islamist who spent four years in an Egyptian prison, Nawaaz abandoned his zealotry and committed his life to promoting a pluralistic and non-violent version of Islam, a mission that led him to serve as an advisor to three British Prime Ministers. In the fall of 2016, however, Nawaaz was placed on the SPLC’s list of “anti-Muslim extremists,” widely disseminated with the header “a journalist’s manual.” His sins, according to the list, included sharing a cartoon of Jesus and Muhammad on Twitter and visiting a London strip club. You hardly have to be a scholar to realize that neither is particularly convincing evidence that Nawaaz, himself a practicing Muslim, is some sort of bigot. Joining him on the list was Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a victim of female genital mutilation in her native Somalia and an outspoken campaigner against the practice, as well as others, like child marriage and honor killings, common throughout the Islamic world.

Rightly enraged, Nawaaz threatened to sue, and the SPLC quietly removed the list. When questioned about the removal by the National Review last week, the SPLC refused to comment.

Examples of this sort of lunacy abound. The SPLC, for example, still maintains a watch list of groups and individuals promoting “male supremacy,” an ideology that “misrepresents all women as genetically inferior, manipulative and stupid.” Among its preachers, according to the SPLC, is Christina Hoff Sommers, an American philosopher and writer who has criticized the radical feminist position that saw all women as perpetual victims and called instead for an “equity feminism,” a classical liberal position that focuses on equal treatment of men and women rather than on identity politics.

These examples are, of course, grotesque, and it’s easy to want to dismiss them as yet more rotten examples of our ever more crass civic culture. It’s a privilege we can’t afford: When a venerated organization whose mission statement still speaks of “seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society” spends so many of its considerable resources besmirching utterly legitimate activists and advocates—many of whom, like Nawaaz, working to reform oppressive and violent structures—we would do well to stop and recognize the pernicious patterns at play here. The SPLC applies the powerful language of civil rights to mark those with whom it disagrees as bigots or racists or white supremacists, inviting likeminded journalists to use the organization’s sterling reputation as an unimpeachably credentialed reason to push political opponents outside the bounds of acceptable debate. Facing Hoff Sommers’s claim that so many alleged feminists these days spend most of their energy attacking men rather than striving for equality is hard; labeling her an extremist who should therefore not be taken seriously by serious people is much easier. The SPLC has half a billion dollars and seemingly endless appetite for such character assassination campaigns, which should trouble anyone committed to unfettered inquiry, intellectual exchange, and the other old-fashioned values for which journalism, academia, and other high-minded pursuits once stood.

But the prognosis isn’t all bleak. While the SPLC does its best to impose its ideology by encouraging reporters within its echo chamber to adopt its absurd definitions, free-thinkers like Sam Harris these days can simply launch their own podcast, raise a fortune from committed listeners, and reach tens of millions of people, many more than care or even know about Ezra Klein and Vox. Let the SPLC continue to smear and squirrel away its millions in off-shore accounts: Common sense these days is just a download away.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote:
Caster Semenya, the South African middle-distance runner, is the world champion in the women’s 800 meters. But because of new regulations unveiled on Thursday by the International Association of Athletics Federations, she’ll never be able to win that race on the global stage again as a woman — unless she submits to medical procedures to alter her body.

The regulations, which are to take effect in November, mandate that women athletes with naturally elevated testosterone levels, like Semenya, cannot compete in any races between 400 meters and a mile unless they undergo endocrine treatments or surgery to bring those levels down into what is judged to be the “acceptable” range for females.

Back in the day, dividing sports by gender was easy. People who had been raised as girls competed as women. Those raised as boys competed as men. But the more science we obtained, and the more competitive (and lucrative) sports became, the more officials started insisting we had to be careful not to let athletes who were “really” males compete with “real” females.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/opin ... letes.html
Sports competition is divided by sex. Semenya is, to the closest approximation, a male.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Last nite, I attended a silly art opening in a corporate skyscraper lobby. One attendee is a rich jewish baby-boomer pot-activist. He's like Larry David with brain cells reduced to Beavis & Butthead's 'heh-heh-heh-heh-hurr-heh-huuuuuh-heh-heh-hee-hee-hee-huh'.

Each year, on Cinco De Mayo, he posts a new version of the same visual pun online... photos of him celebrating Cinco De Mayo by wearing a sombrero & holding jars of mayonaise. He's already planning this year's pic, & asked me for suggestions. I suggested a smashing a mayonaise-jar-shaped piñata, or a regular pinata full of mayonaise packets.

Then he asked whether he shouldn't do it... if mexicans would be offended. I said zero actual mexicans give a fuck. It's as inoffensive as someone in a foam Statue of Liberty crown acting silly. Only non-mexican busybodies hoping-to-be offended, would be.

His wifey was more concerned about the possible social-media blowback from SJWs.
I said-- "Look-- no one is going to care. In the 1-in-10,000 chance he gets in trouble for this, come to me-- I'll handle damage control."

I said they could defend it as free-speech solidarity for Count Dankula. I then tried to Dank & the nazi pug to them. I said Dankula isn't a nazi or a racist. I said it was a joke on youtube. I said he had faced prison time for a joke. I showed a bit of the video-- with the dog watching a hitler speech online/ followed by the the dog Sieg Heil-ing. I didn't even get-to the phrase 'gas the jews'.

Wifey said "that's animal cruelty!" Stonerjew got really agitated-- shouting with spittle flying-- at the wife, not me. He bellowed 'Just because no one was harmed, does that mean I should be allowed to go-around in a t-shirt with a big swastika on the front?!!!!'

The answer is, of course, 'yes-- that should be allowed. Especially if it's merely a joke.' But I didn't say so. I dropped the subject immediately. My jap-gf did a feeble attempt at changing the subject, by saying I had recently bought 2 pairs of black track pants which look great for relaxing, or working fancy fashion events. (WTF? I wasn't even wearing those pants.) I was squirming like crazy-- I want nothing to do with babysitting a 60-year old man who loses his shit over a dumb joke similar to his own dumb mayonaisse joke.
I'll go-silent, or change the subject. But switching to such inane smalltalk is some frumpy old-lady shit. Not in my repertoire.

My takeaway this morning, is that you can be a jew, or you can be a joke. If you're a jew, you can get on your high horse about the holocaust or anti-semitism, politics, or the legacy of your people. But if you've made a complete brain-fried joke of yourself-- then you've forfeited your standing to take a credible stand on adult issues-- which you don't even comprehend.

Later, the dude smoked insanely-potent THC-oil, before climbing behind the wheel to drive home... but ranted-against Tobacco, after seeing a billboard about lung cancer. I think he even said it should be illegal. Dude... either we're advocating for grown-ups to put whatever-drugs-we-want in our own bodies/ or we are criminalizing 'bad drugs', including your favorite ones.

Just now, I learned the dude sank 2 seafishing boats in the last year--40 footers or longer-- one brand-new-- by failing to do proper procedures after docking. He left a drain plug open after going-out to sea, and the boats were sunk on the bottom, by morning. Engines ruined by saltwater. Same mistake twice.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Well, after decades of separation and hostility , sworn enemies, who had never officially declared the end of a civil war , pulled apart by ideological differences and still constantly bombarding each other with provocative exercises and sonic propaganda at a tense and anxious border crossing , have apparently finally pledged to work together to save mankind from itself.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Warski & JF have had a lovers tiff and gone their separate ways :lol:

katamari Damassi

InfraRedBucket wrote: Well, after decades of separation and hostility , sworn enemies, who had never officially declared the end of a civil war , pulled apart by ideological differences and still constantly bombarding each other with provocative exercises and sonic propaganda at a tense and anxious border crossing , have apparently finally pledged to work together to save mankind from itself.
► Show Spoiler
This is my favorite pit post today.

katamari Damassi

Question for pit M.D. s- I know Skeptickle had to distance herself, but how's Barnowl doing? Haven't seen her in a while. So screwtape if you're out there:
I have a friend who recently had a double mastectomy. She had an estrogen receptive tumor so is on blockers and they're making her miserable. She'd stop, but her doctor really lowers her survival probability if she does. Years ago she had a total hysterectomy so had no ovaries, she's also rail thin. I know the adrenal glands can produce some estrogen but as far as I know its her only source. My question is can she forgo or at least reduce her hormone blocker?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

My particular fave.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:09 am
You can stand down, I found Pug man’s sentencing statement. I’m not sure you get a full judgement in this sort of micky mouse court.

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/8/ ... rk-Meechan

The core seems to be this:
As a matter of law, the test is not whether the video was offensive but whether it was grossly offensive. That standard is an objective one in which I must apply the standards of an open and just multi-racial society, taking account of context and the relevant circumstances, applying reasonably enlightened contemporary standards, considering whether the message is liable to cause gross offence to those to whom it relates: in this case, Jewish people. It is a high test. I concluded, applying these standards to the evidence, that your video was not just offensive but grossly so, as well as menacing, and that you knew that or at least recognised that risk.
As a complete aside I also give you Borat.

No Jew could find the blatant expression of Eastern European pogram-talk (in order to egg on yanky anti-Semites) “grossly offensive”
I have to say that I am impressed with the exceptionally high standards of the Scots judiciary. A mere mortal would be flummoxed if presented with the task of objectively determining the difference between the offensive, the very offensive and the grossly offensive. It appears that public recommendations of the beheading of people does not fall into the grossly offensive category. This is certainly counter to my judgement, but then I don't have sufficient legal training and experience to guide me. Brits can count themselves very fortunate to have excellent public servants who do possess those attributes.

katamari Damassi

This is worth listening to: Dr. Helen Fisher on How Brain Chemistry Determines Personality and Politics

https://reason.com/reasontv/2018/04/18/ ... ibertarian

free thoughtpolice

I have seen a dearth of posts on the internet warning us against the looming threat of testostoterrorism by the Incel group founded By Elliot Rodger.
Fortunately, David Futrelle has produced a number of articles to show us how dangerous they really are, among them:
http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2018/ ... terrorism/

katamari Damassi

More than Betsy DeVos(who is certifiably an idiot) this might be the thing that stops Title IX kangaroo courts:
Judge rules Ohio State Title IX official can be personally liable for helping rape accuser lie

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/44355/

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am
Question for pit M.D. s- I know Skeptickle had to distance herself, but how's Barnowl doing? Haven't seen her in a while. So screwtape if you're out there:
I have a friend who recently had a double mastectomy. She had an estrogen receptive tumor so is on blockers and they're making her miserable. She'd stop, but her doctor really lowers her survival probability if she does. Years ago she had a total hysterectomy so had no ovaries, she's also rail thin. I know the adrenal glands can produce some estrogen but as far as I know its her only source. My question is can she forgo or at least reduce her hormone blocker?
You might be able to flag her down on WEIT. She submitted a story about a cranky cat the other day under another name, Snowy Owl I think.

katamari Damassi

free thoughtpolice wrote: I have seen a dearth of posts on the internet warning us against the looming threat of testostoterrorism by the Incel group founded By Elliot Rodger.
Fortunately, David Futrelle has produced a number of articles to show us how dangerous they really are, among them:
http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2018/ ... terrorism/
I refuse to go to Futrelle's blog. The Incel thing(if it's real)is the mirror image to the pomo SOCJUS nonsense and goes along with what I said about the internet destroying civilization. Mentally ill people find each other, validate their mental illness until it becomes an ideology and then it spreads.

katamari Damassi

In regards to the Toronto van killer: I've been seeing the term "stochastic terrorism" rear its ugly head again in various media pieces. I was hoping it had died.

free thoughtpolice

The incel terrorists have their own forum.
https://incels.me/

katamari Damassi

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am
You might be able to flag her down on WEIT. She submitted a story about a cranky cat the other day under another name, Snowy Owl I think.
Thanks.

I want to rephrase my question. It appears to me like an MD might be reluctant to answer it because it's giving medical advice and there's the question of being held liable, so my question is: Would it be advisable for her to ask her doctor if she can forgo or reduce her hormone blocker, or is there just no practical alternative?

katamari Damassi

free thoughtpolice wrote: The incel terrorists have their own forum.
https://incels.me/
Why would they cheer on something like that van attack? It's so indiscriminate that anyone on that forum could've been killed just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

katamari Damassi wrote: Question for pit M.D. s- I know Skeptickle had to distance herself, but how's Barnowl doing? Haven't seen her in a while. So screwtape if you're out there:
Her doctor's right. Having an ER+ tumour is a huge advantage if you have to have breast cancer, as tamoxifen (usually for the first few years) and letrozole or anastrozole later on as they have fewer side-effects, make a big difference in recurrence rates and thus survival times. As much as 50% reduction in recurrence is at stake. Serious s/e include DVT, stroke, endometrial Ca (not a worry for your friend), but the reason people stop is the hot flashes. They are miserable but they do lessen with time and mostly stop. One might look at them as something you'd have to go through one day, but probably not so sudden and intense from a normal menopause. There are non-hormonal treatments to lessen them, including low doses of clonidine (an old-fashioned BP drug) and SSRI/SNRI drugs like venlafaxine can help them too. Men discover the feeling when they get prostate cancer treated with LHRH analogs. Being a dinosaur, I remember seeing oophorectomies for pre-menopausal women and even adrenalectomies for post-menopausal women with metastatic breast cancer. They didn't work too well. Being thin is good, as she has probably had a lower baseline level of estrogen cf. a fatty.
I'd encourage your friend to look at the flashes, or mood swings, or whatever, as temporary and non-fatal, whereas cancer tends to be the opposite of those things. Reducing red wine, caffeine and chocolate intake can reduce the frequency of hot flashes by anecdote, and it's probably accurate. If intolerable, clonidine or venlafaxine should be tried. You don't want to ever see her learn of a recurrence and have to say to herself that she wishes she'd stuck with the treatment. That way you get to be sick, maybe die, and feel it's your own fault. Not good.