There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
John D

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:22 am
Perhaps a nice example of American exceptionalism is that most of our foreign-born citizens (note, citizens, not illegal immigrants) are strong constitutionalists. They have American flags out front, they are proud to be citizens. They embrace the culture, cars, suburban homes and white picket fences.The direct assault on our values are coming from white college kids, idle dilitentes and SJW media.
Haha... yeah... I got a Uber ride from a dood from the middle east who was a legal migrant. We talked during the whole ride about "dis country".... and how much he loved it. And he was serious. He is working a job and driving for Uber and sending his girls to college in the US. He was knocking it out of the park because America was letting him.

I think most migrants to the US are much like this. At least all the ones I meet are like this.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

John D wrote:
Perhaps a nice example of American exceptionalism is that most of our foreign-born citizens (note, citizens, not illegal immigrants) are strong constitutionalists. They have American flags out front, they are proud to be citizens. They embrace the culture, cars, suburban homes and white picket fences.The direct assault on our values are coming from white college kids, idle dilitentes and SJW media.
Haha... yeah... I got a Uber ride from a dood from the middle east who was a legal migrant. We talked during the whole ride about "dis country".... and how much he loved it. And he was serious. He is working a job and driving for Uber and sending his girls to college in the US. He was knocking it out of the park because America was letting him.

I think most migrants to the US are much like this. At least all the ones I meet are like this.
Civic values. While I'm sometimes cynical about the American dream, it works as an aspirational ideal for civic participation. The US could do with less lobbies and less military spending, and more focus on healthcare/infrastructure, but the idea of coming to a new country for a new opportunity as long as you give it a shot is not so bad.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Swiss civic values also work. Give something to the community to get in and to stay. Make connections, get yourself known outside your familiar bubble. Serve and do, not just ask.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:

This is my experience too, as someone who has split his adult life roughly 50-50 in the US and in London so far.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote: Swiss civic values also work. Give something to the community to get in and to stay. Make connections, get yourself known outside your familiar bubble. Serve and do, not just ask.
And try to get citizenship. Kinda tough for most people, right?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I think that one of weaknesses of the UK is the disdain for any sort of common civic values among the teaching sector, where "British values" are seen as "colonial".

Post-colonial guilt. Switzerland didn't have any colonies.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And I'm STILL waiting for an answer to how you think Swiss people would react to gang rapes by an immigrant population as seen all over the UK if it happened in, say, Interlaken.

Still no answer?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Amohpmyl wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Swiss civic values also work. Give something to the community to get in and to stay. Make connections, get yourself known outside your familiar bubble. Serve and do, not just ask.
And try to get citizenship. Kinda tough for most people, right?
Very tough regardless of your ethnicity. A white as snow Dutch woman didn't get her citizenship because the local community council didn't like her being a moralizing busybody.

I'm not sure if the Swiss model works exactly as well in other countries. But there's nothing that says your citizenship should be a treat without you having to work for it.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Amohpmyl wrote: And I'm STILL waiting for an answer to how you think Swiss people would react to gang rapes by an immigrant population as seen all over the UK if it happened in, say, Interlaken.

Still no answer?
I think that the perps would be expelled from the country. I'm not against the UK doing that.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Speaking of which if someone joins ISIS the right answer is to make that high treason, just like for the people who joined the Nazis, and with all the consequences of the case.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Speaking of citizenship, the useless excuse of a government department that calls itself the UK Home Office, after allowing hundreds of murderous terrorist scum to return from fighting for ISIS in Syria & Iraq and who also allowed themselves to be completely duped into letting bearded 30 something fighting fit men to enter the country on the pretence that they are 13 year old boys has now decided it would be great idea to go after pensioners who came here as children of Caribbean settlers in the 1950's. What's known as the Windrush generation (after the ship they sailed on) Threatening them with deportation and cuts in pension and benefit rights if they can't prove their British Citizenship.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I think you all have the causal arrow pointing the wrong way between Christianity and Western cultural values. 'Twas the values that produced the religion, with those values codified into the religious life.

I do agree with Rayshul (and JBP!) that secularism created a vacuum which was filled with hedonism and nihilism. The remedy, however, is not to plug religion back into the hole.

The reason so many anti-theists seem to be (overt or tacit) marxists is anti-theists are ideologues & zealots. What's telling is how many hardcore, abrasive anti-theists are ex-fundies. You can take the apostate out of fundamentalism, but you can't take the fundamentalism out of the apostate.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:30 am
I think you all have the causal arrow pointing the wrong way between Christianity and Western cultural values. 'Twas the values that produced the religion, with those values codified into the religious life.

I do agree with Rayshul (and JBP!) that secularism created a vacuum which was filled with hedonism and nihilism. The remedy, however, is not to plug religion back into the hole.

The reason so many anti-theists seem to be (overt or tacit) marxists is anti-theists are ideologues & zealots. What's telling is how many hardcore, abrasive anti-theists are ex-fundies. You can take the apostate out of fundamentalism, but you can't take the fundamentalism out of the apostate.
What came first... chicken.... egg.... I am not saying I know you are wrong.... necessarily. I do think there is probably more of a symbiotic kind of evolution in religious and civic thinking.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I suspect there is a pending schism in the anti-theist collective (if they were ever all that together to begin with).

Noel Plum (on team -nice anti-theist or NAT) makes it seem much more reasonable than I had ever imagined...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAaTahfhqDM

There's plenty of cold pricklies out there too - if that is what you are looking for.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Amohpmyl wrote: And I'm STILL waiting for an answer to how you think Swiss people would react to gang rapes by an immigrant population as seen all over the UK if it happened in, say, Interlaken.

Still no answer?
I think that the perps would be expelled from the country. I'm not against the UK doing that.
You're not answering the question I asked originally, which was how do you think the Swiss population would react, and how it might affect their view of the perps. Specifically if they came from a single ethnic/religious/whatever background. How would the public view of people from that background change. If there was a backlash, would it be justified? Also, since a large number of the gang rapists are UK citizens, do you think that there would be outrage against a similar group of citizens in Switzerland. Finally, do you think that if they all came from a specific ethnic background that any backlash against that group might be justified.

I think that you don't really have a grasp if what has happened in the UK, which is why you don't understand the deep public reaction against the rapists, the ethnic group they come from, and the elites who let this happen under their very noses.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Still no answer?
You can't expel UK citizen legally.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse wrote: Speaking of citizenship, the useless excuse of a government department that calls itself the UK Home Office, after allowing hundreds of murderous terrorist scum to return from fighting for ISIS in Syria & Iraq and who also allowed themselves to be completely duped into letting bearded 30 something fighting fit men to enter the country on the pretence that they are 13 year old boys has now decided it would be great idea to go after pensioners who came here as children of Caribbean settlers in the 1950's. What's known as the Windrush generation (after the ship they sailed on) Threatening them with deportation and cuts in pension and benefit rights if they can't prove their British Citizenship.

Man, that's fucked.

The UK governments over my lifetime have really, really fucked up the country. I'm seriously considering actually formally renouncing my UK citizenship. I need to talk if over with Mrs. Lsuoma, but I'm ashamed of what the politicians have done to the UK. Cunts.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Amohpmyl wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Still no answer?
You can't expel UK citizen legally.
And just to make it clear, I mean immigrant in this conversation to mean people who have immigrated into the country in the last, say, century, and who may or may not have taken citizenship.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: For anyone else who scrums with SocJus blockheads claiming blacks have lower IQs because of some massive lead poisoning epidemic, I provide some data to the contrary:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/tipp ... 3857104273
From that thread, a qote from the world's stupidest genius, democommiescrazierbrother:
I've tested positive for genius a couple of times--about 10 years apart--as part of the process of being tested for ADD/ADHD. Genius as measured by IQ is just one marker for intelligence.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:51 am
Speaking of citizenship, the useless excuse of a government department that calls itself the UK Home Office, after allowing hundreds of murderous terrorist scum to return from fighting for ISIS in Syria & Iraq and who also allowed themselves to be completely duped into letting bearded 30 something fighting fit men to enter the country on the pretence that they are 13 year old boys has now decided it would be great idea to go after pensioners who came here as children of Caribbean settlers in the 1950's. What's known as the Windrush generation (after the ship they sailed on) Threatening them with deportation and cuts in pension and benefit rights if they can't prove their British Citizenship.

I'll bet Amber Rudd's fingerprints are all over this.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

There is a God after all.

Twins :P

free thoughtpolice

Oooh, the hottest chicks are hot Nazi chicks!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

WARNING: Disturbing footage!

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN

BENIGN!!!!!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Jeezus fucking Christ Bhurzum .. Your trigger warning didn't work.

:o :angry-screaming: :violence-pistoldouble:

free thoughtpolice

ERV wrote: BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN

BENIGN!!!!!
:clap: :dance:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

BENIGN!!!!!
Excellent. I know how stressful waiting on test results for a pet can be.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

The British elite are turning the Islamification of the nation into an irreversible fait accompli before enough of the people wake up. Please tell me I am wrong and that I'm being alarmist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcoDJB2kP7w

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote: Jeezus fucking Christ Bhurzum .. Your trigger warning didn't work.

:o :angry-screaming: :violence-pistoldouble:
Yup. I was in two minds about linking it, obvious reasons, but decided to link it because it's all over twatter/facebook and is already censored. Made my fucking blood boil!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The British elite are turning the Islamification of the nation into an irreversible fait accompli before enough of the people wake up. Please tell me I am wrong and that I'm being alarmist.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

BENIGN!!!!!
Glad to hear it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote: WARNING: Disturbing footage!
Welp, it appears to be gone now. Who'd a thunk it???

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

No, it's back. Ugghhhhh.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Car crash TV reporting .. Literally :lol:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Amohpmyl wrote: Welp, it appears to be gone now. Who'd a thunk it???
I was worried I might have crossed a line and that you'd deleted it.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Hey ConcH2O-any news?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

shoutinghorse wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The British elite are turning the Islamification of the nation into an irreversible fait accompli before enough of the people wake up. Please tell me I am wrong and that I'm being alarmist.

Britain will truly be lost when you have muslims in the upper echelons of its military.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

rayshul wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:17 pm
Maybe this is anecdotal but I find Christians the most resistent to the SJW shit.
I have seen this, too, and I attribute it to the difficulty of holding two sets of unjustified and irrational beliefs at the same time, especially when you are you aren't the brightest bulb to start with.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote: [some shit about Swiss immigration best practice] brive
Indeed. Let’s check it out.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/becoming-a ... n/29288376

First up we get the Swiss interpretation of Swiss-ness. How very ethno of them. All we need is a field of wheat and we’d have a crop of trad-thots spontaneously climaxing.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/image/42937276 ... 20-jpg.jpg

Then we are helpfully told in an introductory para in large font:
Swiss citizenship laws have undergone dramatic changes in the past 20 years. For one, a Swiss woman no longer loses her citizenship for marrying a foreigner.

Oh fuck me. :dance: :lol: :lol: How very modern of them.

Then are told that being born in Switzerland ain’t enough. No anchor babies for Heidi-lima.

Oh, you have to have (some-how) achieved 10 years of legal residency before game time even starts? And B1 / A2 language? :think:

Then:
The State Secretariat for Migration examines whether applicants are integrated in the Swiss way of life, are familiar with Swiss customs and traditions, comply with the Swiss rule of law, and do not endanger Switzerland's internal or external security.
Well there’s a discretionary Muslim ban if ever I saw one. And how very ethno-centric of them. Customs. Traditions. ‘Way of life’. Kirb you must be gagging at this affront to civic nationalism.

But we are not finished. Oh no.

Jump these hurdles and you may:
begin the naturalisation process but that does not mean citizenship is certain. Rather, cantons and municipalities have their own requirements that must be met.
Naturalisation procedures vary considerably from one commune or canton to another: some communes, for instance, require applicants to take a verbal or written naturalisation test while others leave the naturalisation decision up to the communal assembly. The duration of the procedure also varies considerably from one canton to another.
Bwhahahahah. The local ethno collective can fucking make shit up to keep you out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Other organisations have considerably more relaxed entry standards.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... kitHA1bzkw

But I digress.

Ok. We have established it’s almost impossible to magically transfigure into an Edelweiss-card carrying Swiss. And of about 1.8 million foreign residents in 2010 only 40k managed this alchemy.

But what of these 1.8 million invaders?

Well 1.5 million were ethnically correct Europeans. Not just that but close on 20% of these euros were Aryan German.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigra ... witzerland

You could not make this shit up.

We used to have a scheme similar to above. But more streamlined. We called it the White Australia policy. Which was a marketing mistake. We should reconstitute it as the Swiss (modified) Convention.

Kirb. I really can’t take your confused moralising with even a modicum of seriousness until you do something for me.

Renounce the ethno nationalistic shit of your alt-lite hyper-trad country. Move to a liberal civic-nationalist locale and then climb back on your soapbox.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

The Slymepit as it used to be

The Slymepit as it is now

*shrug*

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I thought you left because of its pedo pipes or something way back when?

By all means please come back and open a window. There is a party and cake waiting for you.

:dance:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Gumby wrote: The Slymepit as it used to be

The Slymepit as it is now

*shrug*
Hey, Gumby! It's not always grim. Just a bit of the sign o' the times.

KenD

Post by KenD »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Maybe this is anecdotal but I find Christians the most resistent to the SJW shit.
I have seen this, too, and I attribute it to the difficulty of holding two sets of unjustified and irrational beliefs at the same time, especially when you are you aren't the brightest bulb to start with.
I'm not sure I've seen much evidence of that from the Church of England/Wales Christians I know. Some of the most cringy SJW virtue signallers I've encountered are among them. The amount they're willing to suck up to the 'religion of peace' is particularly depressing.

The last time I visited my parents they were bitching about their church replacing the male and female toilets with a single trans-friendly gender neutral unisex bathroom. They're usually liberal to a fault and strongly supported the church holding events for 'LGBTQIAA+ Christians', but weren't too keen on some of their recommendations to make the church more 'inclusive'.

One of the topics of discussion was on 'how to make sacred spaces into safe spaces'. Separate toilets for men and women were deemed highly problematic - they reinforce the gender binary and are off-putting to non-passing transpeople. Never mind that sharing that particular space with a non-passing transperson might be a little off-putting to some of the existing congregation. They weren't consulted before the politically correct crapper reconstruction began, and the ones who did complain received a stern lecture about Christian tolerance.

Here's one of the ladies in the local clergy who pushed for the change:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cinw/wp-conten ... -web-2.jpg

Maybe it's different elsewhere, but somehow I can't see British Christians providing much of a bulwark against SJWism...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Just watch out for the ethno-statism...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Also, the 'boons have not really been up to giving us any good gagworthy lulz recently. No myers, zvan, christina hilarity has come our way in a long time. :cry: :cry: :cry:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Amohpmyl wrote: Also, the 'boons have not really been up to giving us any good gagworthy lulz recently. No myers, zvan, christina hilarity has come our way in a long time. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Even Orbit Con was just pure cringe, with half their views coming from the 'pit. If they were any less relevant, they'd be non-existent.

Silverman provided a bit of schadenfreude, but that's it. I'm impressed that Vacula hasn't publicly gotten in some licks.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Amohpmyl wrote: Also, the 'boons have not really been up to giving us any good gagworthy lulz recently. No myers, zvan, christina hilarity has come our way in a long time. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Chin up, old bean; I'm sure there's another hand-grenade on the horizon and the lulz will flow like wine.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

I tried with Michael Noodly Armed Antifa Dude in the comments. He claimed to be a former FtB blogger. BUTT for some reason, he seems obsessed with assholes, mine in particular. I guess nobody saw it

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/freethoughtnow/4385-2/

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

katamari Damassi wrote: Hey ConcH2O-any news?
Hi katamari, thanks for checking. I got one person who PM'ed me wanting to find out more about it. Considering the small size of readership, and the fact that most of us here are anonymous people with no other connections, I think that is a phenomenal hit rate. Let's see how it goes. Meanwhile, at least I am not at the point where I am lying in a hospital bed (which is why I can't get a cadaver liver: Catch 22). I am sick, and I need a liver before I get sicker or get a tumor, but things could definitely be worse right now. Updates will come as anything begins to happen (crossed fingers, toes, and testicles).

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:57 pm
Even Orbit Con was just pure cringe, with half their views coming from the 'pit. If they were any less relevant, they'd be non-existent.

Silverman provided a bit of schadenfreude, but that's it. I'm impressed that Vacula hasn't publicly gotten in some licks.
He's been having a laugh, no doubt. #VaculaMustDenounce

On point, we have audio in which David Silverman makes it clear that he considers "believe the victim" to be the appropriate response in these situations.

For the impatient, just scroll to halfway into the video.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Hi katamari, thanks for checking. I got one person who PM'ed me wanting to find out more about it. Considering the small size of readership, and the fact that most of us here are anonymous people with no other connections, I think that is a phenomenal hit rate. Let's see how it goes. Meanwhile, at least I am not at the point where I am lying in a hospital bed (which is why I can't get a cadaver liver: Catch 22). I am sick, and I need a liver before I get sicker or get a tumor, but things could definitely be worse right now. Updates will come as anything begins to happen (crossed fingers, toes, and testicles).
Bloody hell mate. I have been offline and missed this bit of news. Best of British for your prognosis.

I can recommend a nice serve of lambs fry and bacon to cheer one up.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

KiwiInOz wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Bloody hell mate. I have been offline and missed this bit of news. Best of British for your prognosis.

I can recommend a nice serve of lambs fry and bacon to cheer one up.
Ta, Kiwi. Bacon's out right now because of the sodium. I'm actually eating a shitload healthier than I ever have. Too little too late? We shall see.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

KenD wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:34 pm
rayshul wrote:
I'm not sure I've seen much evidence of that from the Church of England/Wales Christians I know. [snip]
I apologize for keeping one of my more ridiculous opinions to myself, because in this case it was critical: I don't consider C of E folks, (American) Episcopalians, Reformed Jews, and members of a few other of the watered-down religions to be truly religious. And while most are much less annoying than the Catholics in front of the local abortion clinic or the Muslims carrying their rolled-up carpets to my class, they really need to find better ways to meet new people.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Well there’s a discretionary Muslim ban if ever I saw one. And how very ethno-centric of them. Customs. Traditions. ‘Way of life’. Kirb you must be gagging at this affront to civic nationalism.
Not at all. Restrictions and having to work for integration are an essential part of civic nationalism. Notice how there's nothing about ethnicity. White Europeans, even Germans, French and Italians, have a hard time becoming Swiss just like everyone else.

I'm not opposed to countries finding their practical ways of sorting out immigration according their needs for integration. What I've argued against is an explicit focus on ethnicity, not behavior or evidence of integration.

KenD

Post by KenD »

KenD wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:34 pm
rayshul wrote:
I'm not sure I've seen much evidence of that from the Church of England/Wales Christians I know. [snip]
I apologize for keeping one of my more ridiculous opinions to myself, because in this case it was critical: I don't consider C of E folks, (American) Episcopalians, Reformed Jews, and members of a few other of the watered-down religions to be truly religious. And while most are much less annoying than the Catholics in front of the local abortion clinic or the Muslims carrying their rolled-up carpets to my class, they really need to find better ways to meet new people.
There's probably some truth to that. My parents would consider themselves Christians, but neither of them believe in a literal heaven and hell, or that Jesus was really the the son of a magic sky entity who sent him to be sacrificed for our sins. For them it's more of a social thing - my mother in particular enjoys going to church and getting involved in events and fund raisers.

I'm not sure how common that is, but I know there are even members of the CofE clergy who consider the supernatural elements of the Bible to be metaphor, and view belief in God as an unimportant part of being a Christian.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Yeah - It's only Dicky Carrier's lawsuit which is keeping me going to be honest .....

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

KenD wrote: I'm not sure how common that is, but I know there are even members of the CofE clergy who consider the supernatural elements of the Bible to be metaphor, and view belief in God as an unimportant part of being a Christian.
A lot of people will still say they are Christian even when they don't really believe and never go to church, it's almost as if it's the done thing, weddings, baptism and funeral Christians I call them as that's about the only time you'll ever see them near a religious service.
My brother & sister in law are classic example of this, insisting that their grand daughter be christened and that we should all attend (I offended them by saying I wasn't going) I asked my brother why he was insisting as he was not religious and that he often takes the piss out of 'God Botherers' as he calls them, his answer, "well it's tradition ain't it" I then asked if he thought he was a Christian and believed in God, "yeah of course" he said, I then asked if he believed the Adam & Eve story was true .. "nah course not" I then explained that he couldn't be a Christian if he didn't believe in Adam & Eve as they caused the original sin and that Jesus came to earth to absolve all sins, therefore if Adam & Eve weren't true where did sin come from for Jesus to be sent to absolve us all.

He then told me to Fuck Off! :D

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Well there’s a discretionary Muslim ban if ever I saw one. And how very ethno-centric of them. Customs. Traditions. ‘Way of life’. Kirb you must be gagging at this affront to civic nationalism.
Not at all. Restrictions and having to work for integration are an essential part of civic nationalism. Notice how there's nothing about ethnicity. White Europeans, even Germans, French and Italians, have a hard time becoming Swiss just like everyone else.

I'm not opposed to countries finding their practical ways of sorting out immigration according their needs for integration. What I've argued against is an explicit focus on ethnicity, not behavior or evidence of integration.
Kirb. That was a disappointingly lame response to my post coming as it does from a public intellectual.

Worse, you seem to have some roos loose in the top paddock. Let me lay this pipe slowly and carefully.

Civic nationalism does not equal the deep integration demanded by the Swiss. . Quite the opposite.

You are pointing at a dog and shouting “cat”. And that is insulting to me and embarrassing for you.

Exhibit A:

http://i.imgur.com/X6G66PT.jpg

Oh look. Nothing about tradition, culture or blonde kids in ethno cos play. Just bland “muh values” that are interchangeable tier 1 baselines for any vaguely western based culture.

Exhibit B:

http://i.imgur.com/0FgnKmt.jpg

Hmm. Looks like Civic Nationalism actually rejects the primacy of anything to integrate into outside of “muh values”. :think:

Now reconcile this to the process spelt out in my previous post. Actually, let me assist.

You scrape white Western Europeans with an emphasis on Germans. You demand 10 years of social immersion. You demand advanced native language skills. You then benchmark the mark against .. what was it?
... integrated in the Swiss way of life, are familiar with Swiss customs and traditions, comply with the Swiss rule of law
Then you give yourself the freedom to red-line any outlier that sneaks in.

Hmm. I wonder what tradition, language, custom and “way of life” (in this racially charged context) equate to?

http://i.imgur.com/BymfgYB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iV4Tu87.jpg

:o I’m shocked.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/image/42937276 ... 20-jpg.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

John D wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:39 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:30 am

What came first... chicken.... egg.... I am not saying I know you are wrong.... necessarily. I do think there is probably more of a symbiotic kind of evolution in religious and civic thinking.
The thing is these people want a religion. Some people aren't emotionally capable of not having a religion. I'm sure now that's why we got religion in the first fucking place. If the religion is harmless, and I'd say Christianity is, fuck it, we have a solution, give them back some God.

When you take away magic from a society it's real fucking hard to control them and give them a shared vision without dropping a whole bunch of shit in there.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

ERV wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:40 pm
BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN

BENIGN!!!!!
WINNNNNNNNARRRR