There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
screwtape

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by screwtape »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The reason humans and non human animals having sex is called bestiality and is wrong is because non human animals don't have enough self awareness to consent, at least according to at least some of the social justice crowd. Not because they are a different species. :snooty:
abear Raging Bee • 5 days ago
Sapience, self awareness, or whatever you call human's being able to perceive themselves and their surroundings is arguably present in other great apes as well as some aquatic mammals, and possibly even some birds. If that is the case that still doesn't make them human.
Suppose somehow another animal, for instance a dog, evolved or had their genetic material altered to make them mentally equal to a human they still would not be humans and the current definition of bestiality would still apply. It could be that the majority of humans will be more tolerant to the idea of sex with animals and decide that the term bestiality id too harsh, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

•Edit•Reply•Share ›
Raging Bee abear • 43 minutes ago
The evolved/augmented dogs would not be humans, but if their new, equal level of sentience was recognized by most humans, then the question of what to call sexual relations between them and humans would still arise.

•Reply•Share ›
If they did it with augmented goats would you call them muslims? :rimshot:
Augmented goats? Muslims?
Pakistan has already got the giant goat. 'Submission' is just about the only thing you can do.
giant_goat.jpg
(42.24 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

My inexpert opinion: most guns are pretty useless in war fighting. What are you going to do with a shotgun in a war? Or even an Uzi, unless you're in close quarters. If you're a soldier and you want to have a greater than 50 chance of being alive at the end of the day, you have an assault rifle. My definition, take it or leave it.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote: Zoe Quinn is the living proof that being a victim of online trolling is a boon if you have the right amount of victim points. She has suffered zero negative consequences beyond getting some mean words on social media, and now, while she's completely unqualified to speak about anything of value, and hasn't done anything of value, she's a minor celebrity.
"Survived" Gamergate.

https://imgur.com/4Zu3UrF.jpg

It doesn't take more than 10 minutes of Googling to discover Zoe, Anita, Brianna, Rebecca, et al, are frauds. But there's not one mainstream "reporter" or investigative body who'll do that. Worse, since they think their jobs are to forward the narrative, they'll uncritically relay whatever these princesses are saying. So, if Anita says Sargon is alt-right, CNN will report Sargon is alt-right. Fox News can only dream of that kind of ideological lockstep.

It's madness :shock:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote: It's not like this NGO has something more important to do than wag its finger at internet trolls to defend someone who has shamelessly exploited every bit of information she could turn into a victimhood narrative.

Case in point:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 8/01a.jpeg
Was that a monstrously swollen ego that just crashed and left burning debris all over the landscape? I think we all can agree it would be best if we didn't see it. Eyes forward, everybody.

Oh, shit...

https://imgur.com/jsSLUg5.jpg

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MarcusAu wrote: Meanwhile in South Africa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEuE9yrwI6k
"On second thoughts, I'll just have the rice, thanks."

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

shoutinghorse wrote:
I remember watching a documentary a few years ago about the Vietnam war and the Viet Cong said similar things about the Americans, they knew they were coming as they could smell them long before they could see them, apparently the GI's emitted a mixed aroma of odour cologne and chewing gum.
Frankly I would have thought another rather pungent aroma might have been more prevalent. :obscene-smokingjoint:
I think I saw that Del Boy flogging cheap "Odour Cologne" down the market the other day, but I can only think the Americans wanted to smell like Germans to confuse the Viet Cong.

I'm currently at Episode 3 (of 10) getting through the recent BBC (US produced) series on the Vietnam War. Anyone else seen it?
Could have sworn it was Tom Hanks doing the narration but apparently its Peter Coyote.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

I'm currently at Episode 3 (of 10) getting through the recent BBC (US produced) series on the Vietnam War. Anyone else seen it?
By the way, no spoilers. Don't tell me how it ends.
I want it to be a surprise.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

MacGruberKnows wrote: I forget which member of the Monty Python crew had the PhD in History but he had a series on the Crusades some years ago.

As he told it, you could smell the Crusaders before you could see them. Anyway, the problem with the Muslim world in dealing with the Crusaders is the Muslims were too civilized compared to the invading Christian barbarians who slaughtered entire towns and on at least one occasion committed mass cannabilism. Vaslty superior numbers Muslim soldiers looked at these fur-clad stinking lunatics and thought they were seeing demons from hell and broke and ran for their dear lives on more than one occasion. Saladin is famous in the west, and seen as an Uncle Tom in the Middle East. The Islam hero of the era is Sultan Baybar, the ruthless leader of the Mamluks who swept out of the north and destroyed the despotic leaders of the muslim world and then destroyed Crusader fortresses that had stood for decades or even centuries. The Mumlaks were ultra-orthodox and ultra-conservative and under them the Islamic world became myopic and the notion of 'the Koran is the only book you need to read, everything else is a diversion from the true words of the prophet' nonsense took over. Kind of like how Sunday morning television is taken over by fundamentalist Christian nonsense during the NFL off-season.

That is why fundamentlist Islam took over the Middle East. It was the Crusades that caused it.

Oh my, there was a (tiny) fundamentalist Islam before that you say. So what? It was the response to the Crusades that let it become the dominant belief system in the Middle East.

An equally barbaric response to a series of barbaric invasions from the West.
It was most likely Terry.

Wogan or Pratchett or the Welsh one...Jones. Probably not Gilliam though.

As to the Middle East - it's a mistake to think of it in terms of good guys and bad guys (ie applying the standards of today to those times). I'm not an historical expert (nor do I play one on the Internet), however its telling that now there is not one 'christian' nation in the ME (cf Spain).

Also, as I understood it the Crusades were justified at the time as a defense of the Holy Land.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

MarcusAu wrote: It was most likely Terry.

Wogan or Pratchett or the Welsh one...Jones. Probably not Gilliam though.

As to the Middle East - it's a mistake to think of it in terms of good guys and bad guys (ie applying the standards of today to those times). I'm not an historical expert (nor do I play one on the Internet), however its telling that now there is not one 'christian' nation in the ME (cf Spain).

Also, as I understood it the Crusades were justified at the time as a defense of the Holy Land.
And we don't get people saying the Crusaders weren't Christians at all because Christianity is a Religion of Peace.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think I'm going to join JohnD on the Butterfield diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtF3_ybJJ50

At least one person has tried it to good effect.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Lsuoma, everyone I know who got lymphoma including my brother was cured. All the best lad.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Meanwhile in South Africa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEuE9yrwI6k
"On second thoughts, I'll just have the rice, thanks."
Carrier could ony dream of giving somebody a facial that awesome

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

MarcusAu wrote: I think I'm going to join JohnD on the Butterfield diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtF3_ybJJ50

At least one person has tried it to good effect.
The RL bloke Brian Butterfield was based on -

As you can see, Peter Seranifocwithingy didn't have to exaggerate much.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:31 pm
I forget which member of the Monty Python crew had the PhD in History but he had a series on the Crusades some years ago.

As he told it, you could smell the Crusaders before you could see them. Anyway, the problem with the Muslim world in dealing with the Crusaders is the Muslims were too civilized compared to the invading Christian barbarians who slaughtered entire towns and on at least one occasion committed mass cannabilism. Vaslty superior numbers Muslim soldiers looked at these fur-clad stinking lunatics and thought they were seeing demons from hell and broke and ran for their dear lives on more than one occasion. Saladin is famous in the west, and seen as an Uncle Tom in the Middle East. The Islam hero of the era is Sultan Baybar, the ruthless leader of the Mamluks who swept out of the north and destroyed the despotic leaders of the muslim world and then destroyed Crusader fortresses that had stood for decades or even centuries. The Mumlaks were ultra-orthodox and ultra-conservative and under them the Islamic world became myopic and the notion of 'the Koran is the only book you need to read, everything else is a diversion from the true words of the prophet' nonsense took over. Kind of like how Sunday morning television is taken over by fundamentalist Christian nonsense during the NFL off-season.

That is why fundamentlist Islam took over the Middle East. It was the Crusades that caused it.

Oh my, there was a (tiny) fundamentalist Islam before that you say. So what? It was the response to the Crusades that let it become the dominant belief system in the Middle East.

The Crusades were a minor blip in the momentum of Islamic Jihad and were a response to said Jihad. Depending on the source, Jihad has killed 100 to 250 times as many people as the Crusades. Jihad practically brought trade via the Med to a complete halt, which some say was a major factor in creating the Dark Ages. Halting the flow of commercial traffic is going to have quite an effect on a civilization, don't you think?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:37 am
Kirbmarc wrote: Zoe Quinn is the living proof that being a victim of online trolling is a boon if you have the right amount of victim points. She has suffered zero negative consequences beyond getting some mean words on social media, and now, while she's completely unqualified to speak about anything of value, and hasn't done anything of value, she's a minor celebrity.
"Survived" Gamergate.

[.img]https://imgur.com/4Zu3UrF.jpg[/img]

It doesn't take more than 10 minutes of Googling to discover Zoe, Anita, Brianna, Rebecca, et al, are frauds. But there's not one mainstream "reporter" or investigative body who'll do that. Worse, since they think their jobs are to forward the narrative, they'll uncritically relay whatever these princesses are saying. So, if Anita says Sargon is alt-right, CNN will report Sargon is alt-right. Fox News can only dream of that kind of ideological lockstep.

It's madness :shock:
The most infuriating part is when total frauds like Sarkeesian pile on women who actually WORK in gaming, like Mari Shimazaki, the artist for Bayonetta, and the media, who know nothing of gaming beyond trite stereotypes, support the over-simplified, cartoonish radfem narrative about attractive female characters in video games being a "tool of the Patriarchy".

I'm not a fan of "alternative media", but I definitely understand why people have lost faith in many more "mainstream" outlets. Shoddy reporting and a blatant ideological bias have eroded the trust that people assigned to many newspapers and websites. After all it's hard to trust someone to report accurately on foreign or economic policies when they can't be bothered to get some basic facts about video games right.

I'm convinced that while ideology plays a role a lot of the problems with "mainstream" media are simply due to lazy journalism. Instead of investigating events and people most people who work in newspapers, TV programs and websites prefer copying each other and listening to the most famous person who looks like they know something about a specific field. Science reporting is very shoddy even when it's not about "controversial" research.

Journalists assume that if a subject is too obscure for them they can simply copy and paste from the first self-professed "expert" and nobody will care too much. This might be true for most people, but today with the Internet everyone who has some time to spare can debunk articles published in respect journalistic institutions, from CNN to the Washington Post to the New York Times. This has led many to trust online sources more than the "establishment" press. This is a mistake in the long run, because online sources don't have editors or balance, but it's the product of lots of failures of the media to do their job.

John D

Post by John D »

Hunt wrote: My inexpert opinion: most guns are pretty useless in war fighting. What are you going to do with a shotgun in a war? Or even an Uzi, unless you're in close quarters. If you're a soldier and you want to have a greater than 50 chance of being alive at the end of the day, you have an assault rifle. My definition, take it or leave it.
Actually, the German government wanted to ban the US shotgun in WWI as being too cruel. Americans had developed a multi-shot shotgun for trench clearing. It worked great. The Doughboys would charge into a trench and then open fire with a shot gun.. blam...blam...blam. It all depends on the application. Circumstances determine which gun is best.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

I don't know if any of you have been following "comicsgate," but comic writer and she-male sex worker Michelle Perez has been suspended from twitter for posting libelous smears about a comic critic-writing that he had been dishonorably discharged from the military and that he was charged with domestic violence in 2 states. Smearing critics is par for the course when it comes to trans. Researches like J. Bailey and Ray Blanchard, and writers like Alice Dreger are libeled with all sorts of criminal accusations up to and including child molestation. I'm hoping this shines a light on that and exposes this heinous tactic. It also looks like the victim this time is willing to fight back against the harassment.

John D

Post by John D »

BTW.... I am on a new diet...haha. My wife was just diagnosed as diabetic. She has decided to go on a low carb diet and I am on this diet with her. No more fasting for the time being. She lost 5 pounds and I lost 2 pounds in two weeks. Not bad I think. I hope she can stick with it, but she gets really grumpy that she can't have ice cream. My waist size is two inches smaller since January.

feathers

Post by feathers »

John D wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:59 am
Can Bastet be our new mascot???? Please?
Depends. What's her time on the 100m hurdles?

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:31 pm
I forget which member of the Monty Python crew had the PhD in History but he had a series on the Crusades some years ago.

The Crusades were a minor blip in the momentum of Islamic Jihad and were a response to said Jihad. Depending on the source, Jihad has killed 100 to 250 times as many people as the Crusades. Jihad practically brought trade via the Med to a complete halt, which some say was a major factor in creating the Dark Ages. Halting the flow of commercial traffic is going to have quite an effect on a civilization, don't you think?
http://www.bookwormroom.com/wp-content/ ... attles.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:52 pm
https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2017/ ... ssion=true
Driverless cars smackin' some kangaroo.
Driverless kangaroos should be forbidden.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

John D wrote:
Hunt wrote: My inexpert opinion: most guns are pretty useless in war fighting. What are you going to do with a shotgun in a war? Or even an Uzi, unless you're in close quarters. If you're a soldier and you want to have a greater than 50 chance of being alive at the end of the day, you have an assault rifle. My definition, take it or leave it.
Actually, the German government wanted to ban the US shotgun in WWI as being too cruel. Americans had developed a multi-shot shotgun for trench clearing. It worked great. The Doughboys would charge into a trench and then open fire with a shot gun.. blam...blam...blam. It all depends on the application. Circumstances determine which gun is best.
Just to add to your point: the tactics being used by a squad are also important for determining what weapons are needed. You would typically have several rifles, but you probably also have at least one light machine gun for covering fire and you might also have a couple designated marksmen with precision semi-auto or bolt action rifles. Ive heard that shotguns were also sometimes given to one guy on a squad during Vietnam, but I don't know why they were doing that. The Vietnamese troops had a habit of trying to get in close to Americans to prevent airstrikes from being called down on them, so maybe the shotguns were to help with close range fighting.

SMGs haven't been used as much ever since the development of the assault rifle, but they are still issued to some troops as personal defense weapons because they are compact and easy to carry around, but more effective in combat than a sidearm. These sorts of guns go to tank crewmen, pilots and drivers whose main responsibility isn't to engage the enemy in infantry combat.

John D

Post by John D »

feathers wrote:
John D wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:59 am
Can Bastet be our new mascot???? Please?
Depends. What's her time on the 100m hurdles?
I hope she can't run very fast because I would like to be able to catch her.

feathers

Post by feathers »

John D wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:44 am
Actually, the German government wanted to ban the US shotgun in WWI as being too cruel.
So they set about mass-producing mustard gas instead.

John D

Post by John D »

Ok... so... I always found belly dancers to be moderately sexy. I guess... I didn't really get it. I suppose I understood the general idea. But this shit... holy fuck. Haha. But... now... I really need to do my taxes. Damn.

John D

Post by John D »

feathers wrote:
John D wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:44 am
Actually, the German government wanted to ban the US shotgun in WWI as being too cruel.
So they set about mass-producing mustard gas instead.
Haha.... yeah... interesting story.
https://owlcation.com/humanities/World- ... n-Inhumane

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: Ok... so... I always found belly dancers to be moderately sexy. I guess... I didn't really get it. I suppose I understood the general idea. But this shit... holy fuck. Haha. But... now... I really need to do my taxes. Damn.
https://www.outube.com/watch?v=SoHrIEiNOII
The little half-smiles she shoots at the camera...gawd damn!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I'm getting the impression they're enjoying their 15 minutes of fame just a little too much. :think:

https://i.imgur.com/oRZp4L6.png

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

John D wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:03 am
BTW.... I am on a new diet...haha. My wife was just diagnosed as diabetic. She has decided to go on a low carb diet and I am on this diet with her. No more fasting for the time being. She lost 5 pounds and I lost 2 pounds in two weeks. Not bad I think. I hope she can stick with it, but she gets really grumpy that she can't have ice cream. My waist size is two inches smaller since January.
There are various ice cream substitutes, but serving sizes are probably limited.

https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/ ... -ice-cream

The above looks pretty good, who knows if it works though.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Keating wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:47 pm
I’m currently trying to work out if the induction problem, a foundational axiom of science, relies on the idea of an omnicicient observers.

Russell most certainly thought otherwise - I'll see if I can find the conclusion in Human Knowledge and clip it. It's a long book though and pretty dense. :doh: :doh:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

shoutinghorse wrote: I'm getting the impression they're enjoying their 15 minutes of fame just a little too much. :think:

https://i.imgur.com/oRZp4L6.png
Really? How do you get that impression? Should they have done this cover shoot in black veils while wailing at the sky? What need they do to convince you they are sincere, and not just prepping another item for their college applications?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:02 am
I keep hearing that “assault rifle” is a made up meaningless word.

I haven’t googled it, but doesn’t that class include shorter barreled weapons, often lighter and with folding stocks, that can fire full or semi auto using full caliber ammunition contained in higher that prev. capacity magazines?

Like the German watsit from the last year of the war. Or even the M1. I thought the line was that the traditional long rifle was never used at its optimum extended effective range. Conscripts couldn’t hit anything too far away. Contacts occurred sub 50 metres as a rule. The 9mm MP40s and Russian Tommy Gun didn’t have even this medium range and didn’t have stopping power.

Ergo “assault rifles” like the AK and M16 while the British remained more old school with the semi auto, 20 round magazine, SLR.
That is a tactic the NRA employs to keep people's minds on the slippery slope argument. The argument goes that all semi-automatic rifles might be then classified as assault rifles. Why, it's just that they look scary, no real difference, next they'll take all yer guns.

But you are correct, carbines that are lightweight, using 5.56×45mm or 7.62 rounds, sometimes 9mm Luger with easy access to high-capacity magazines...It ain't rocket science. The idea that we can't define an assault weapon is pretty much a NRA talking point. It is certainly possible to class rifles that way, judgements could be made specifications laid out.

The problem lies in that there are already millions of the things out there. If you're mechanically minded and have access to the right equipment, you can build your own, a popular hobby for those that are terrified of serial numbers. There are specs all over the web.

I'd say what we need if for the restrictions on CDC gun violence to be lifted and a serious study of methods to reduce gun violence and still allow reasonable gun ownership. The visceral reactions of both sides needs to stop and we need a sober look about what could work within the limits of the law. My 2 cents as a gun owner.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Really? How do you get that impression? Should they have done this cover shoot in black veils while wailing at the sky? What need they do to convince you they are sincere, and not just prepping another item for their college applications?
Maybe they shouldn't have done the cover shoot at all, maybe who ever is advising them could tell them they are not auditioning for America's got talent.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:32 pm
Lsuoma wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:35 am
katamari Damassi wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 am
So I checked out Kiwi Farms for the first time in a long time(I don't often go there because I don't like that they promote doxxing), and I was disappointed in the Slymepit's entry. Apparently we're concentrated paranoia about SJWism, and oddly the screen shot mostly features Creativity-that lunatic who briefly came here to recruit for the World Church of the Creator and received a lot of push back.
They'd have a field day with today's more ethno-nationalist friendly Pit.
Give it a rest, eh? You've claimed this over and over and over, and haven't demonstrated it. You didn't even answer my question.
Maybe you need to "wonderize" old Kirbmarc? I mean, after all, you'd never catch me flogging a dead horse or belabouring a point ... ;)
:o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

John D wrote:
Some tips to help your wife to stick with the diet:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

John D wrote: Ok... so... I always found belly dancers to be moderately sexy. I guess... I didn't really get it. I suppose I understood the general idea. But this shit... holy fuck. Haha. But... now... I really need to do my taxes. Damn.
I've seen this band play live.

Not seen this gorgeous lady dance live though, more's the pity.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

DrokkIt wrote:
Keating wrote:
I’m currently trying to work out if the induction problem, a foundational axiom of science, relies on the idea of an omnicicient observers.

Russell most certainly thought otherwise - I'll see if I can find the conclusion in Human Knowledge and clip it. It's a long book though and pretty dense. :doh: :doh:

I'd Maybe start with My Bookey Wooky and work up to it but anyway how are you on first names terms with dense philosopher Russell Brand anyway?

free thoughtpolice

We are unable to post your comment because you have been banned by Daylight Atheism. Find out more.
The timing of this banhammering seems suspicious. I'm wondering if it has to do with me quoting the discussion of dog fucking with Raging Bee yesterday. Is it possible Adam Lee or one of his followers has been monitoring the Pit?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:32 pm
Lsuoma wrote: <snip>

Give it a rest, eh? You've claimed this over and over and over, and haven't demonstrated it. You didn't even answer my question.
Maybe you need to "wonderize" old Kirbmarc? I mean, after all, you'd never catch me flogging a dead horse or belabouring a point ... ;)
:o :o :o

<snip>
:-) Hope that didn't catch you with a mouth full of coffee - I'd hate to think that I might owe you a new keyboard and monitor ... ;-)

some guy

Post by some guy »

rayshul wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:30 pm
I agree America's welfare system is a deterrent to Islamic immigrants... Europe are fucking idiots
Well, maybe. But consider that they can't get here using simple means (walking across a border, short train or boat ride, etc). So the ones we get are generally a notch above the average. But we sure get a lot of people from central america, whereas Europe does not, so I don't think this would be a major factor.

I doubt your typical economic-migrant is knowledgeable about the relative value of the "welcome" package they will receive in different places. I suspect they (rightly) conclude that any first-world (and even 2nd-world) western nation would be much better than where they came from, so they try to get to any one that they can.

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote:
We are unable to post your comment because you have been banned by Daylight Atheism. Find out more.
The timing of this banhammering seems suspicious. I'm wondering if it has to do with me quoting the discussion of dog fucking with Raging Bee yesterday. Is it possible Adam Lee or one of his followers has been monitoring the Pit?
I don't think Adam Lee can read fast enough to effectively monitor the pit, even though we've slowed recently. So definitely one of his followers. I often look at the number of guests browsing the pit and wonder how many are well-known to us but simply to cowardly to say anything.

Hi guys!

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Keating wrote:

I'd Maybe start with My Bookey Wooky and work up to it but anyway how are you on first names terms with dense philosopher Russell Brand anyway?
My cousin went to school with him.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Does this strike US residents as accurate and an issue?

CaptainFluffyBunny

some guy wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:30 pm
I agree America's welfare system is a deterrent to Islamic immigrants... Europe are fucking idiots
Well, maybe. But consider that they can't get here using simple means (walking across a border, short train or boat ride, etc). So the ones we get are generally a notch above the average. But we sure get a lot of people from central america, whereas Europe does not, so I don't think this would be a major factor.

I doubt your typical economic-migrant is knowledgeable about the relative value of the "welcome" package they will receive in different places. I suspect they (rightly) conclude that any first-world (and even 2nd-world) western nation would be much better than where they came from, so they try to get to any one that they can.
Most all the migrants we get are here for work. Most are anxious, especially from Mexico, central and South America. I suspect distance and water does have a lot to do with the difference, but Canada seems to be getting more than their share of Middle-Eastern refugees, so it isn't just the difficulty getting there.

I understand that Syrian, Afgan, etc European migrants did and do discuss the social safety net they would likely receive in their host country. There was a network informing them of the latest news and ways to get in to Europe. It was an interesting segment on the radio, maybe BBC. I'll try to find it later.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: Does this strike US residents as accurate and an issue?

We have a lot of migrants, but to say our cities are being transformed is a bit of an exaggeration. To be honest, the reason we're not dealing with it more effectively is that we need them. If we paid more for Americans to pick crops and pack meat, our grocery bills would rise, likely dimming the prospect of higher wages.

It's a problem, but saying it is America's number-one problem is like saying that foot fungus is the number one problem of a cancer patient.

That being said, WTF is it with some immigrants? There are people that have been here 30 years and still don't speak English. Just yesterday I had to drag out my terrible Spanish to try talking to a woman I know has been here over 12 years. Make an effort, people.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I often look at the number of guests browsing the pit and wonder how many are well-known to us but simply to cowardly to say anything.

Hi guys!
There's a few that won't be able to resist dipping their toes once in awhile I reckon. PZ is a shoe in and BeckyBooze's narcissism will be like a magnet she can't control.

windy

Post by windy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I understand that Syrian, Afgan, etc European migrants did and do discuss the social safety net they would likely receive in their host country. There was a network informing them of the latest news and ways to get in to Europe. It was an interesting segment on the radio, maybe BBC. I'll try to find it later.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

shoutinghorse wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Really? How do you get that impression? Should they have done this cover shoot in black veils while wailing at the sky? What need they do to convince you they are sincere, and not just prepping another item for their college applications?
Maybe they shouldn't have done the cover shoot at all, maybe who ever is advising them could tell them they are not auditioning for America's got talent.
Maybe, if you had an opinion which you wanted people to know about and Time magazine asked if you would like the front cover and space inside to tell your opinion, you too would jump at the chance.

CaptainFluffyBunny

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
Maybe, if you had an opinion which you wanted people to know about and Time magazine asked if you would like the front cover and space inside to tell your opinion, you too would jump at the chance.
If I had that kind of fame at their age, I would have used it responsibly to get laid. A lot.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
If I had that kind of fame at their age, I would have used it responsibly to get laid. A lot.
I think they not unreasonably don't wanna get shot. Which will also increase their chances of getting laid.

free thoughtpolice

free thoughtpolice wrote:
I don't think Adam Lee can read fast enough to effectively monitor the pit, even though we've slowed recently. So definitely one of his followers. I often look at the number of guests browsing the pit and wonder how many are well-known to us but simply to cowardly to say anything.

Hi guys!
I suspect that Raging BS either has a notification appear when zir nym is mentioned or possibly authors at Patheos have a dashboard feature that allows them to see when someone picks out a quote and where they link it to.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

https.://twitter.com/realredelephant/status/977987309801955328?s=21
Brive1987 wrote:

Does this strike US residents as accurate and an issue?

https.://twitter.com/realredelephant/status/977987309801955328?s=21
We have a lot of migrants, but to say our cities are being transformed is a bit of an exaggeration. To be honest, the reason we're not dealing with it more effectively is that we need them. If we paid more for Americans to pick crops and pack meat, our grocery bills would rise, likely dimming the prospect of higher wages.

It's a problem, but saying it is America's number-one problem is like saying that foot fungus is the number one problem of a cancer patient.

That being said, WTF is it with some immigrants? There are people that have been here 30 years and still don't speak English. Just yesterday I had to drag out my terrible Spanish to try talking to a woman I know has been here over 12 years. Make an effort, people.
Oh I can accept the text is hyperbole. The graph was more intriguing. Those Mexicans sure are mobile and rich in furs.

Though I’m not surprised. Most Australian bound “boat people” in the 2000s flew to Indonesia before bobbing across for the final stretch.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

windy wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I understand that Syrian, Afgan, etc European migrants did and do discuss the social safety net they would likely receive in their host country. There was a network informing them of the latest news and ways to get in to Europe. It was an interesting segment on the radio, maybe BBC. I'll try to find it later.
That dude’s English wasn’t bad. Right up until he complained his “salary” had been halved.

:doh:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jesus Christ -- I take a few days off to seriously fuck up my shoulder, waste 4 hours in the ER, then sleep half the time on muscle relaxants, and I return to find the place has turned into Ethno-Nationalist Pipe Layers Union Local 88.

Very sorry about the L-word, Dear Leader.

Sorry about the vertigo, John.

Watching Diana Bastet was a life-changing experience.

Fuck immigration up the ass.

They gave me a supply of oxycodone but it makes me puke worse than Rebecca Watson on a Sunday morning so I'm not taking it. Just out of curiosity, what's the street price on that?

Oh, and I got banned from Shem the Penishead's blog for calling him out on his bullshit. Poor Shem got dogpiled by commenters and had a bit of a meltdown:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/driventoab ... ellectual/

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Jesus Christ -- I take a few days off to seriously fuck up my shoulder, waste 4 hours in the ER, then sleep half the time on muscle relaxants, and I return to find the place has turned into Ethno-Nationalist Pipe Layers Union Local 88.

Very sorry about the L-word, Dear Leader.

Sorry about the vertigo, John.

Watching Diana Bastet was a life-changing experience.

Fuck immigration up the ass.

They gave me a supply of oxycodone but it makes me puke worse than Rebecca Watson on a Sunday morning so I'm not taking it. Just out of curiosity, what's the street price on that?

Oh, and I got banned from Shem the Penishead's blog for calling him out on his bullshit. Poor Shem got dogpiled by commenters and had a bit of a meltdown:
Daddy's home! Now everything will be good again, and mommy will stop shouting at my brothers and crying.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:37 pm
Hobbies are good. Here is a playtest of my latest game.... we are going to call it Atomic Tank!
IMG_0911.jpg
IMG_0910.jpg
13876459_10201939576328858_2579681561121426112_n.jpg
I dunno, those atomic tanks look over-engineered. The lunar dust is sure to clog up the interleaved wheels.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Daddy's home! Now everything will be good again, and mommy will stop shouting at my brothers and crying.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I haven't seen that Shem before. He really is a cunt, isn't he?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The Mayor of Rochdale celebrating Pakistan Day. I kid you not. :x

https://i.imgur.com/rzs2bDz.jpg

This Rochdale
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... l-13035428

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
John D wrote:
There are various ice cream substitutes, but serving sizes are probably limited.

https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/ ... -ice-cream

The above looks pretty good, who knows if it works though.
Here are my Iron Chef jap girlfriend's instructions...

mash really ripe Avocado with cocoa powder, add cocoanut oil-- texture should look like thick brownie batter, add stevia, almond milk (or hemp milk) to thin it out, a sprinkle of salt, vanilla extract,

smooth with immersion hand blender, or bullet blender, or traditional blender...

until mousse-like fluffiness (or like a light frosting...)

then put in the freezer (or an ice-cream maker). Give it a mix every 45 minutes until it resembles ice-cream, or you get sick of waiting

If it thaws & looses fluffiness-- can still eat it as a mousse.

Can add spoonfuls of peanut butter, dried cocoanut flakes, seeds, whipped heavy cream on top... can also press it onto a base of crushed nuts & butter or cocoanut oil-- baked or frozen into a bowl

---

In the past-- I made concoctions with Chia seeds... soaked in water to tapioca consistency-- then random additions of stevia, cocoa powder... whatever low-carb stuff was kicking around the house-- like crushing macadamia nuts into it.