There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Brive1987 »

“It’s France Jim, but not as we know it.”

I guess if they were Muslim then it would be nuke em from orbit eh Steers? I mean Greece did it didn’t they?

Let me calm the water by dishing up something else that is inimical to local standards:
'I felt as if I were naked': Muslim women who 'were forced to remove their hijabs for mugshots' file a civil rights lawsuit against New York City

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote: Now I’m not necessarily saying in detail how far that line can be pushed.
No, but you are saying:
A case can be made that they form an economic and cultural collective inimical to the host culture. No individual in that video is personally at fault.
Looks like the "line" has been pushed rather far down the road. And if no one individual is at fault then it looks like a serious stretch to argue that the "collective" could be construed as "inimical": no grain of sand thrown at a window breaks it but all of them do yet none contributed to that breakage? Does not compute.
Brive1987 wrote: Clearly Paris/France has fucked up its immigration plans. Clearly that hasn’t become their strength. What that means in terms of action and future strategy needs contemplation. But Southerns video simply point this out and then apparently she gave her POV. Blowing the “racist” horn for the vid is SJ level nuance.
"Plausible deniability"? She was clealy pointing to a whole bunch of people who she was essentially arguing are "inimimical to France". And what else was the salient, the observable, attribute that characterized them all except their race? If all of a race, or any other group of people for that matter - say rapists, actually happen to be "inferior" then one might argue that the "truth" precludes being charged with racism or bigotry. But if that is not the case then ... if the foo shits and all that.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I thought my position was clear, but perhaps it could use some clarification.

I'm not calling for any censorship, de-platforming, dis-invitation or curtailing of speech. I think that the decision to keep Southern&co out of the UK was wrong both in terms of principle and of stratrgy. Southern, as bad as her ideas can be, wasn't inciting violence.

However that's beside the point. What I am highlighting is that there's been an infiltration of far-right memes here, mostly about two themes:

A) the racialization of the discussion on immigration, along the lines of the idea that race/ethnicity equals culture, and since there's a cultural clash there's also an ethnic/racial clash. Basically it's an abdication to the principles of the "content of the character" to go back to the "color of skin", even if in a way that doesn't exactly map out to old forms of ethnic/racial tribalism

B) (more recently) the idea that immigration is part of a conspiracy on part of leftist/liberal forces to deliverately change the ethnic/racial makeup of a country for cultural/electoral reasons

In the old days people rightly reacted to the infiltration of SocJus memes, like "freeze peach" or "believe the victims" or "racism is prejudice plus power". Peopl criticized those memes, defended the liberal-democratic principles which were being attacked (freedom of speech, presumption of innocence, due process, etc.) and the ideas of being in favor of individual responsibility, against tribalism, to fight bad ideas with good ideas, to base arguments on principles and data, not on feelings, to aboid propagating known falsehoods and exaggerations/apocalyptic thinking (like defining the issue of sexual assault a "rape culture"), of avoiding collective guilt, to debunk conspiracy thoeories, etc.

What I see now is that some assumptions based on feelings ("I don't feel at home in my country anymore") are let in unexamined, along with obvious exaggerations/apocalyptic thinking ("since Lauren Southern has being blocked from entering the UK now the UK is going to become an Islamic caliphate"), collective guilt (the identification of ethnicity with culture, and so of presence of non-European people in Europe with the inevitable "cultural death" of Europe), the propagation of conspiracy theories (like the idea that a globalist establishment promoted immigration to change the ethnic composition of Europe and so it's political landscape in their favor), the over-reliance of anecdotes over data (for example in the context of immigration and crime), a general more lax attitude with scepticism towards right-wing/identitarian sources and people, the rejection of individualism as a principle in favor of promotion of ethnic tribalism and "collective identity", etc.

This process is what I summed up with a "shift to the right" and "infiltration of ethno-identitarian ideas".

Now of course people are free to be as un-skeptical and a-critical of far right/ethno-identitarian narratives as much as they want. But it HAD to be pointed out that there's been a change in aims and methods here, just like the SocJus brought a change to aims and methods to the "atheist/skeptic movement".

Be as much sympathetic to far right and ethno-identitarian ideas and narratives as you want to be. At least now you're a bit aware of what's going on.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote: “It’s France Jim, but not as we know it.”

I guess if they were Muslim then it would be nuke em from orbit eh Steers? I mean Greece did it didn’t they?
LoL. I geddit that France is, apparently, turning into a basket case, a powder-keg because of the immigration of Muslims. But talking about or alluding to race, particularly when it has diddly squat to do with the problem, doesn't help any one, or open any doors to viable solutions. Just compounds it.
Brive1987 wrote: Let me calm the water by dishing up something else that is inimical to local standards:
'I felt as if I were naked': Muslim women who 'were forced to remove their hijabs for mugshots' file a civil rights lawsuit against New York City
Don't have a lot of sympathy for that - tough fucking shit; go back to Saudi Arabia, or Iran. The hijabs are an instrument of oppression of women, and that some think it a fashion statement doesn't change the fact that many women have been murdered for not wearing them, even in the West:

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/on-wome ... -companies
https://www.thepostmillennial.com/fight ... g-reasons/

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:22 am
Your lack of charity in discerning Southerns motives is worth considering. Especially as I have been reliably informed she is something called an “alt-lite mud-shark”.
The most distasteful thing about Southern, Milo et al is some of the idiots swimming in their comments swamps. I'd be surprised if they didn't share that distaste.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Pure anecdote? I provided you graphs on the Australian front. Including research I spent considerable time compiling.

I see a shed load of straw-persons (“Lauren ban equals caliphate”)

I see outright lies - “conspiracy theories etc” when people provided you specific evidence for formal government policy.

Your claim that ethnicity does not correlate to culture is a gross simplification. Pick up 1000 Somali and drop them somewhere and see how you go. Or 1000 outback Aussies dropped near a keg a beer or in front of a football. It’s coincidnce that it’s Paki muslims in particular are complicit in grooming?

You are not listening and you are being as polemic as those you criticise.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

My last was obviously a shrug of the shoulders to Kirb.

ThreeFlangedJavis

About this whole left/right purity test pipe laying teacup storm. Southern. Well meaning, bit of a hot head who lets her passion get the better of her sometimes. Goldy, little bit extreme sometimes. Pettibone, don't know well but don't trust. I draw the line at Mark Steyn. Traditionally nasty disseminating conservative weasel of the type we used to be able to gang together to stick pitchforks in in more innocent, simpler times. WTF possessed new idol Lindsay Shepherd to give him the time of day I don't know. There's bridging the political divide and then there's mingling with dishonest hacks. I blame Rubin for this shit. Is anyone else a teeny bit suspicious that Shepherd is enjoying herself a bit too much? Perhaps she is compensating for shyness?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Has Southern or Pettibone ever made a definitive statement as to what exactly they do for a living?

Are they

- Reporters or Journalists?
- Activists?
- Satrists / Provocateurs?
- Something else?

Because this would make a difference when they are asked to state their reasons for visiting the UK.

Keating

Post by Keating »

My lived experience: The last time I was in Europe, I went to Paris and Istanbul (among other places). I was working in the UK, but travelled as a tourist on the mainland extensively. It was my third time in Paris, first for Istanbul. I doubt I'll ever go to Paris again. Istanbul felt like I was actually in Turkey (although I understand it has a different culture to the rest of Turkey). In Paris, at least in the area around my hotel, it was easier to find a kebab than a croissant. It didn't feel French to me. I don't think it's necessarily about skin colour. There's a cool, very black, guy who works at my gym who's from a former French colony in Africa. He's more French than most of the people I encountered in Paris (although has made an effort to assimilate here). It's more about clothing and general demeanour, although skin colour is an obvious proxy.

ThreeFlangedJavis

"European values" are primarily things there to make life more bearable for Europeans (all,not just the white ones). Your average European is not a philosophical or political historian, he just shares the beliefs and customs. To the people, Europe is not a laboratory to test theories about cooking racial or ethnic soups or a work creation scheme for foreigners. They have just as much reason and right to maintain the comfort and security of the familiar as any other population. They have been pretty tolerant of difference and willing to make some space for the genuinely unfortunate up until now. The change in racial composition has been accepted because it was slow enough to breed familiarity and cultural change was proportional. Now Europe's national cultures are being treated as if they can be mixed and matched and moulded at will by political idealists. They are being pushed beyond tolerance by something far beyond a natural and sustainable process and they have come up against an ideology more than willing to leverage masochism.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fuck I just wrote a review of about 20 alt right, traditionalist, Nazi, right libertarian commentators. Just finished and my battery died.

Anyway the short and skinny was that Southern is young a hothead in actions but intentionally lite. Has promise.

Goldy is articulate and dealing with real issues in Canada. But can go all zealot. Which is cute.

Watson points and shouts. Sargon is a liberal ideologue. And confused. The traditionalists (Wife with purpose and Blonde in Belly are mostly harmless lifestylers. Henrik, Lana, Lauren Rose, Bre are all scary fabulists when push comes to shove. Collect is an interesting clown. Tommy seems on point.

Moral of the story is I prefer Tommy, Goldy as people,trying to enact change to legit problems. Real moral is to take everyone with a pinch of salt and sort your own ideas out.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

It is still a bit of a surprise to me that some people can complain about too many tourists spoiling the atmosphere of the holiday resorts they like to frequent, but are happy to see 15,000 immigrants in a Lancashire mill town.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:57 am
Has Southern or Pettibone ever made a definitive statement as to what exactly they do for a living?

Are they

- Activists?
- Something else?

Because this would make a difference when they are asked to state their reasons for visiting the UK.
I’m not sure you can use old labels for new media. Probably depends on the day. Goldy is more a propagandist with jornalistic leanings. Southern a journalist activist. Watson is a pure commentator. Pettibone would like to be an activist.

Still.

Between Southern with her rape culture sign, Goldy in fucking Syria of all places, Southern testing a hypothesis in Calais and touring South Africa, Goldy in Charlottesville and live streaming herself Deus vulting in Bethlehem. These girls have got balls.

Can you imagine Becky or Smellody actually getting off their bums to infiltrate a rape culture frat party? Or crash a NRA meetup? Or honey-trap some of those conference rapists?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote: While the alt-right engages in positive activism, Rebecca Watson adjusts to her new life beyond the barricades.

He kicked the wrong dog.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Inbetween posting on his twitter that his book is still No 1 (every five minutes)
Peterson does not like getting critical reviews at all (ok Who does) , but he always posts a bitter retort, though this is the first time I've seen him threaten violence.
Just as well it wasn't written by a woman.
I've noticed though , even when a review has some IMO legit criticisms , he'll pick on some relatively trivial point, ad hominen or quote mine
and throw it to his minions online. He wont engage with specific criticism eg of Jung, Solzhenitsyn or his semi mysticism.
Or maybe you have to ask him nicely?

What happened to " assume the other person knows something you dont"?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Please don’t hit the nice policeman in the face with your stick.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

the Guardian reports on Muslim experiences in universities 'The drinking culture, a general lack of inclusiveness and mixed-sex sports were stated as barriers to sporting involvement.'

So Muslims can't join in sport if there is a lack of inclusiveness but Muslims can't join in sport if both sexes are included?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... e-studying

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:

Are they

- Activists?
- Something else?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Is self identified occupation as fraught with danger as self identified gender?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote: While the alt-right engages in positive activism, Rebecca Watson adjusts to her new life beyond the barricades.

S'alright, it's not going in.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

fuzzy wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: I mean the resurrection of the Lolcows. Heck, PLEASE bring back A+Theism.
Let us spray.
HAHAHA! It's like watching mucus come to life :clap:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:24 am
MarcusAu wrote:

Are they

- Activists?
- Something else?

She is more of a journalist than the majority of hacks in ancient media.It isn't as if they do any more investigating than new media. Less even. At least she is open about her political stance. Diana Davison is a good source of material about the rotten state of the Canadian press which she uncovers in the course of investigating false allegations of rape and the like. The corruption, bias, nepotism and outright lying are alarming. "Journalists" are fed lies by personal friends with axes to grind and a game of media telephone ensues. Christie Blatchfords are not that common. Goldy needs to drop her standards quite a way before she can be considered a professional mainstream journalist.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

[tweet][/tweet]
This does not bode well.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

Are they

- Activists?
- Something else?

Obviously, I was thinking more of Southern & Pettibone than Goldy at this particular time. Who were by all accounts attempting to enter Britain for business, rather than personal reasons - and did not clearly state their intentions. I think a new milestone in Internet/Real World expectations came about at that time - when the authorities essentially (though incompetently) replied "Very Amusing Mr Southern, I'm sure you do identify as a Pakistani male, and have a lot of interesting things to say about British culture - but what's in it for us?"

It's easy to be for their case against the UK Government in principle, but it seems as likely to succeed as that guy that the FFRF kept banging on about who wanted to take 'In God We Trust' off the US currency.

I'd say a prayer for them to St Jude (the patron saint of lost causes) if I thought it would make any difference. Or maybe to St Dismas (the patreon saint of thieves and e-beggars).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:56 pm
Ahh. I will. If this Board was worth anything it would have a notification feature.
You can sub to a thread.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Inbetween posting on his twitter that his book is still No 1 (every five minutes)
Peterson does not like getting critical reviews at all (ok Who does) , but he always posts a bitter retort, though this is the first time I've seen him threaten violence.
Just as well it wasn't written by a woman.
I've noticed though , even when a review has some IMO legit criticisms , he'll pick on some relatively trivial point, ad hominen or quote mine
and throw it to his minions online. He wont engage with specific criticism eg of Jung, Solzhenitsyn or his semi mysticism.
Or maybe you have to ask him nicely?

What happened to " assume the other person knows something you dont"?

My personal fave 'Peterson misses the mark' tweet is this:

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B297E32

That "add" was a joke, and was in that article which claimed Peterson's comprehension of things is lower than he makes out- which is funnily ironic.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well, in defense of Peterson (!) - the man has been in the middle of social media frenzy for some time - so it must be difficult to catch everything.

ThreeFlangedJavis

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:20 am
Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

Are they

- Activists?
- Something else?

Obviously, I was thinking more of Southern & Pettibone than Goldy at this particular time. Who were by all accounts attempting to enter Britain for business, rather than personal reasons - and did not clearly state their intentions. I think a new milestone in Internet/Real World expectations came about at that time - when the authorities essentially (though incompetently) replied "Very Amusing Mr Southern, I'm sure you do identify as a Pakistani male, and have a lot of interesting things to say about British culture - but what's in it for us?"

It's easy to be for their case against the UK Government in principle, but it seems as likely to succeed as that guy that the FFRF kept banging on about who wanted to take 'In God We Trust' off the US currency.

I'd say a prayer for them to St Jude (the patron saint of lost causes) if I thought it would make any difference. Or maybe to St Dismas (the patreon saint of thieves and e-beggars).
There doesn't have to be anything in it for them. The upside would be that they get to keep the pretense of being a vaguely liberal society.

ThreeFlangedJavis

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:16 am
[tweet][/tweet]
This does not bode well.
I'm so offended by this verdict that I demand the responsible parties face justice. As an occasional teller of Nazi jokes this makes me feel very threatened. Serious question, why can Dankula not lay charges on similar grounds? What about some kind of class action by Scottish citizens sickened by the realisation that they are essentially being intimidated into keeping their mouths shut?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: There doesn't have to be anything in it for them. The upside would be that they get to keep the pretense of being a vaguely liberal society
Sometimes, it's easier to keep up a pretense when there is not someone nearby criticising what you have to say. In any case I'm sure TPTB see it more in terms of keeping a lid on internal strife (at least for the meantime).

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote: Well, in defense of Peterson (!) - the man has been in the middle of social media frenzy for some time - so it must be difficult to catch everything.
Oh, for sure, I'm 100% convinced I'd make many far worse infractions given the fuss.

It's funny though :D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:32 am
Pure anecdote? I provided you graphs on the Australian front. Including research I spent considerable time compiling.

I see a shed load of straw-persons (“Lauren ban equals caliphate”)

I see outright lies - “conspiracy theories etc” when people provided you specific evidence for formal government policy.

Your claim that ethnicity does not correlate to culture is a gross simplification. Pick up 1000 Somali and drop them somewhere and see how you go. Or 1000 outback Aussies dropped near a keg a beer or in front of a football. It’s coincidnce that it’s Paki muslims in particular are complicit in grooming?

You are not listening and you are being as polemic as those you criticise.
I think that Kirb is missing a lot of nuance right now - kind of like a cross between Wonderbore and Aneris.

The issue where I have gone on and said the UK is going to become GF-Central is definitely hyperbole in the WAY I said it, but it's extending the line from where it began a few decades ago. There is nothing I see that indicates, or has ever indicated, any willingness of the part of UK gummint to arrest (hah!) the trend. And they are doubling down on the lengths they will go to in order to silence criticism and pretend the problem doesn't exist.

BTW, Kirb - I still don't see where you responded to my question about what would you think happen in Switzerland if something equivalent to the rape gangs in the UK were uncovered. Apologies if I missed it, but your do write an AWFUL lot of words, and a concise answer to that question, on its own, would help me.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: [tweet][/tweet]
This does not bode well.
Fuck me. I can't believe that really happened...

I wonder if he'll get banged up as an exemplary sentence. Wouldn't be at all surprised, not in the least.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lsuoma wrote:
This does not bode well.

I wonder if he'll get banged up as an exemplary sentence. Wouldn't be at all surprised, not in the least.
Sentencing deferred until next month, 23rd April (St. George's Day)

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/03 ... ish-court/

Can you imagine what they'd do with this fellow now?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
This does not bode well.

Sentencing deferred until next month, 23rd April (St. George's Day)

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/03 ... ish-court/

Can you imagine what they'd do with this fellow now?

Innit. I immediately thought of the the Monty Python / Fawlty Towers jokes about Nazis.
Well done David Baddiel for coming out in Dank's defence at least. Fucking lame.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

have you noticed a sharp increase in the "I thought you guys were above being offended" line? I'm seeing it a lot on Twitter at the moment. Twitter shitlibs are picking fights and throwing the snowflake charge at anyone that fights back. It's getting a bit weird.

feathers

Post by feathers »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:17 pm
This is the person who was to take on the burden of Blockbot and remake it as an alternate universe enabler for trannies. It appears she was too busy dissing white people to be bothered.
Bynn Cryin? What a name.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Sulman wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:09 am
have you noticed a sharp increase in the "I thought you guys were above being offended" line? I'm seeing it a lot on Twitter at the moment. Twitter shitlibs are picking fights and throwing the snowflake charge at anyone that fights back. It's getting a bit weird.
Yeah, "snowflake, triggered" and "I thought you believed in free speech, why are you not paying attention to my speech, wah!?!" They feel that by believing in free speech, you must pay attention to them. They manage to be both tedious and wrong.

It's weird, but I think that they're trying to turn the tables. They have no idea how stupid they look, but then they never do.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

From the BBC (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-sco ... s-43472197):
A cross-party group of Scottish politicians has won permission for a judicial review of whether the UK can unilaterally revoke Article 50.

The MEPs and MSPs want to get a ruling from the European Court of Justice on whether Brexit could be called off.

Lord Doherty had originally rejected their application for a review, saying it had little prospect of success.

However, after an appeal a panel of judges said there was "a point of substance" to be addressed in the case.

Lord Carloway, Scotland's top judge, overturned Lord Doherty's decision and has allowed permission for a judicial review to proceed.
Do these idiots not have an understanding of what will happen if Brexit is canceled?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

They can't have him go AWOL now can they, not while they're building the gallows. :oops: :doh:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Lsuoma wrote: From the BBC (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-sco ... s-43472197):
A cross-party group of Scottish politicians has won permission for a judicial review of whether the UK can unilaterally revoke Article 50.

The MEPs and MSPs want to get a ruling from the European Court of Justice on whether Brexit could be called off.

Lord Doherty had originally rejected their application for a review, saying it had little prospect of success.

However, after an appeal a panel of judges said there was "a point of substance" to be addressed in the case.

Lord Carloway, Scotland's top judge, overturned Lord Doherty's decision and has allowed permission for a judicial review to proceed.
Do these idiots not have an understanding of what will happen if Brexit is canceled?
I say let Scotland leave the union and re-join the EU, which will subsequently crush them a la Greece and Spain without the additional power of England.

ThreeFlangedJavis

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:05 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: There doesn't have to be anything in it for them. The upside would be that they get to keep the pretense of being a vaguely liberal society
Sometimes, it's easier to keep up a pretense when there is not someone nearby criticising what you have to say. In any case I'm sure TPTB see it more in terms of keeping a lid on internal strife (at least for the meantime).
Don't they know what happens to lids kept down too long? Why don't TPTB just turn down the stove as the white terrorists (or public, as I call them) are asking them to do?

ThreeFlangedJavis

DrokkIt wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:15 am
Lsuoma wrote: From the BBC (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-sco ... s-43472197):

I say let Scotland leave the union and re-join the EU, which will subsequently crush them a la Greece and Spain without the additional power of England.
I'd happily see the dour moaning gits do it, only my granny was a beloved Campbell and there aren't many places where a hairy, knobbly kneed white guy can feel at home.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:18 am
I thought my position was clear, but perhaps it could use some clarification.

...What I am highlighting is that there's been an infiltration of far-right memes here, ...

B) (more recently) the idea that immigration is part of a conspiracy on part of leftist/liberal forces to deliverately change the ethnic/racial makeup of a country for cultural/electoral reasons
In the US, especially in California, where I've heard this for at least 30 years, the above explanation seems willing to duke it out with Occam for simplest, most explanatory reason for any other reason to explain why:

+ Democrats, once the party of Cesar Chavez who opposed migratory workers and illegal immigration, have turned 180 on this subject
+ Democrats, once opposed to migratory workers who took jobs and lowered incomes, now favor open borders
+ Democrats, once a party that fought migratory worker programs that the Republicans backed, have turned 180 on this subject (See Bernie Sanders and Ezra Klein interview, "open borders is a Koch Brothers proposal"
+ Democrats, a party that advocates for a strong social safety network ignore the economic truth taught by literal Liberal Hero and Nobel Prize winning Economist Paul Krugman (https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/ ... migration/)
On the other side, however, open immigration can’t coexist with a strong social safety net; if you’re going to assure health care and a decent income to everyone, you can’t make that offer global.
I can certainly believe individual Democrats are

+ sympathetic to immigrants;
+ open to a multicultural, multiracial society
+ love their neighbors
+ are ignorant

But none of that offers much explanatory power as to why the Democratic leadership is so motivated by this as to allow themselves to threaten the strong social safety net they espouse and threaten the incomes of the middle class workers they represent

The simplest, best explanation it seems to me is

They've seen the projected demographics and they want to ride that into office.

I don't think that's a far right position to take, and given that Democratic border policy is 180 degrees from what it was in the 60s, 70, and 80s, that reversal demands an explanation.

-- native Angeleno and lifelong Democrat

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

This does not bode well.
Bear in mind that this conviction was for something so grossly offensive that...not one single person was sufficiently offended to make any kind of official complaint about it.

Un-fucking-real.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

DrokkIt wrote: My personal fave 'Peterson misses the mark' tweet is this:

That "add" was a joke, and was in that article which claimed Peterson's comprehension of things is lower than he makes out- which is funnily ironic.
I thought the opposite. That people laughing at Peterson tweet were 'missing the mark'. I understand its a matter of perception but when i saw his tweet, i thought it was just Peterson pointing at the slight irony of 'author X wrote a highly critical article of a popular book currently in libraries accompanied by an add for a book of same author X currently in libraries'.

Your interpretation may vary.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Why hasn't this dog been prosecuted?

https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multim ... 44936k.jpg

Where the hell is antifa, PZ et-al?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

A Hitler cat does not surprise me

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/ ... 34x898.jpg

All cats are Hitlers.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

A Hitler cat does not surprise me

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/ ... 34x898.jpg

All cats are Hitlers.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

This does not bode well.
So longer or shorter sentence than a Telford child rapist?

John D

Post by John D »

Wow.... the UK legal system is going to turn Brits into total racists as a backlash to the stupid rulings. Oh mein Gott! You can't make a tasteless joke about Hitler if you are white, but you can rape a woman if you are a brown 18 year old. Holy fucking shit. Race riots anyone?????

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: My personal fave 'Peterson misses the mark' tweet is this:

I thought the opposite. That people laughing at Peterson tweet were 'missing the mark'. I understand its a matter of perception but when i saw his tweet, i thought it was just Peterson pointing at the slight irony of 'author X wrote a highly critical article of a popular book currently in libraries accompanied by an add for a book of same author X currently in libraries'.

Your interpretation may vary.
I guess we could ask Jordy boy if he literally found if hilarious or thought it serious and thus ironic, but then he'd state that it depends on what we mean by hilarious, depends on what we mean by ironic...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Pretty sure I've found where the cat & dog live.

https://i.imgur.com/K9Qpzp6.jpg

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

John D wrote: Wow.... the UK legal system is going to turn Brits into total racists as a backlash to the stupid rulings. Oh mein Gott! You can't make a tasteless joke about Hitler if you are white, but you can rape a woman if you are a brown 18 year old. Holy fucking shit. Race riots anyone?????
I think (read, hope) this will be a bit of a push-come-to-shove event here.

I've done a whole load of low-key outreach to various friends of mine on this stuff, especially since the latest islamorape scandal, and I think people's minds are changing.

I get that many of "my tribe" look at a Tommy Robinson and see a bullish soccer thug - the natural enemy of faggy artschool lefites- but people are starting to look past that in the face of bullshit like Dank getting convicted.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

MacGruberKnows wrote: A Hitler cat does not surprise me

[.img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/ ... 34x898.jpg[/img]

All cats are Hitlers.
I remember this house being in a news a while ago for similar reasons

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Qui9vm8aGqs/ ... -house.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

:nin:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

;)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
I'd happily see the dour moaning gits do it, only my granny was a beloved Campbell and there aren't many places where a hairy, knobbly kneed white guy can feel at home.
Beloved? Well that's one word for the Campbells I suppose - I sure there are others from those that have not yet forgotten Glencoe.

https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Ad ... gn-007.jpg

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mxNQN1FB-I