There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:33 pm
https://amp.smh.com.au/business/immigra ... ssion=true
Australia and immigration and economy. Brive is not alone.

That is an excellent recount of the economic emperors new clothes of immigration.

Add to this the tensions of ethnic silos of poor newcomers. Add the loss of next gen opportunity as global wealth is embraced for a quick buck. Add the dilution of any form of universally binding identity - we are sheep rushing back at end of day to our club house suburbs. Add the crush and congestion, the loss of the quarter acre block to two bedroom high rise apartments. No chooks. No backyard cricket. No dogs.

I am watching Sydney turn into a crappy foreign labour work camp before my eyes. And for no good reason.

And yes. It pisses me off.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ocker as hell, but you just wouldn’t bother making an advert like this these days.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Unpopular opinion: Lauren Southern is not hot. Seriously.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm down with Lauren Southern, but I also don't give a shit about being associated with the far right. ^_^

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Suet Cardigan wrote: Kotaku in Action thread about Peezus:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction ... _the_past/

Also discusses Richard "Tadpole Yoghurt" Carrier.
The comments propose an alternate theory for "why are people leaving" which is that we have vanquished our enemies.

This is fair, organised atheism is fucking dead, and to be honest Christians and the right wing are looking far better at beating down radical religious movements than the left ever was. Good times.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote: I'm down with Lauren Southern, but I also don't give a shit about being associated with the far right. ^_^
Did you see Mike Enoch's talk with Tree of Logic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsTYNecymrU

In the end there are people that are the wrong short of people even if they are the right sort of people. And there are other people that are the right sort of people even if they are the wrong sort of people. Thus the necessity or an ethnostate.

I'm not buying into the 'genetics is destiny' idea - but then again my 23andMe results have not arrived yet.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

No, didn't see it - although I've liked Tree's shit.

I suspect genetics is largely destiny, but it's a lot more complicated than breaking it down to race.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

pro-boxing-fan wrote: Unpopular opinion: Lauren Southern is not hot. Seriously.
Anyone want to do the Internet Lawyer bit and assess the probablity of a win in her case against the UK?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

rayshul wrote: I'm down with Lauren Southern, but I also don't give a shit about being associated with the far right. ^_^
It's not a problem of association, but of some ideas filtering in.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The funniest part of the islam brouhaha is that the traditionalist, ethno-centric, Christianity sympathizing right is promoting Muslim reformers and ex muslims, like Maajaid Nawaz being published on Breitbart.

On the other hand the progressive, pro-LGBT, pro-women's rights is siding with reactionary, conservative, homophobic and misogynistic muslims. So you get idiocy like Judith Butler praising Hamas and Hezbollah as part of the global left, and a Honor Brigade, Saudi sympathizing, Muslim Brotherhood shill like Linda Sarsour leading the Women's March.

It's all backwards. The atheistic, secular, progressive left is praising theocratic, reactionary, regressive islam. The traditionalist and ethno-centric right is praising the Muslim and ed Muslim liberal reformers.

Up is down and down is up. All because of identity politics.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Interesting how Sargon is appalled that grooming gangs are washed with the broad brush of race when they are, and I quote, “fucking muslims”.

I would not be so quick to dismiss the shit hole country aspect. But that’s ethnicity isn’t it? But what if “Asian” is besting used as a sly marker for “a Muslim of the Pakistani persuasion” It all gets very complex.

Oh. And Kirb I had a couple of questions for you up thread.

If you don’t mind.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:34 pm
Brive1987 wrote: Have they arrived in the past 20 years due to govt sponsored mass immigration designed to shift the demographics into a left aligned new status quo?
Now you've gone full InfoWars. Yeah, right, immigration wasn't the result of economic differences and migrants moving to a more economically promising place. No, it was a "Gummint Conzpirazy" to shift demographics to favor the left. :bjarte:
Is the Barcelona Declaration a myth?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote: You're beginning to look like an industrial-grade islamopologist - wonder why that might be?

But Christianity has evolved, more or less; Islam is still stuck in the 6th century, more or less:

https://www.memri.org/tv/arab-american- ... -mentality

https: //youtu.be/UFLc5IX8x6k
Oh for fuck's sake. I AM NOT DENYING THIS. I've never said that islam doesn't need to move forward and secularize, and do it in a massive manner, and as quickly as possible. I am the one supporting Wafa Sultan's ideas! She's saying that the clash isn't about civilizations, or ethnicity, but about mentality, and that muslims/Arab society need to move forward, and fast. She's 100% right.

What I'm pointing out is that what we need to modernize and secularize islam is MORE modernity, MORE secularism, LESS attachment to traditions or ethnic considerations. This is the job for a genuine pro-modern, pro-Enlightenment left, or center-left, or whatever. Hell, this is THE job of New Atheis today, after the creationist christian wave has been defeated.

Instead we get the retarded Regressives who say that islam is great, hijabs are symbols of resistance, and ethnic identity politics are fine if they are muslim identity politics. We get idiots who think that the Evil Whites and the Evil West are to blame for everything in the world, that the Enlightenment values are "white supremacy", that people like Pinker are alt-righters, and other forms of brain-dead idiocy. We get people who hate the Evil West so fucking much that they don't wish to improve things, but to tear down everything, to sacrifice the achievements made in terms of human rights by saying that all cultures are equal because those achievements haven't been perfect.

And the only ones pushing back against islam are either a few, isolated, unsupported genuine progressive intellectuals like Dawkins, Harris, Maher and others, ex-muslims and liberal muslims, and (sadly) the ethno-centric, traditionalist/"christian identity" right, who are shifting the terms of the debate, and pushing their own version of anti-modern or ethnic-based ideas.

This is a disgrace for the left. Do you want the "islamapologists"? Look at the Regressives among them. Look at cultural relativist morons like Russel Brand, or sad sacks like PZ Myers and his "it's not islam which is the problem, it's the GOP" shtick, or at Glenn Greenwald groveling at the feet of the imams and promoting the idea that islam is great and it's only the Evil Westerns who are making it worse, or at the "Women's March" promoting supporters of rigid roles for women, or at all the idiots who called Harris, Dawkins, Maher and others "islamophobes".

I'm just saying that it's MODERNITY, not tradition, not christianity, not "white values", but neither postmodern deconstruction and cultural relativism, which is the way forward. I'm saying that we need to be wary of who's on our side if their values don't align with modernity, if they don't want a cultural transformation of the backwards islam, but instead an ethnic based system which values "christian traditions".
All reasonably good points. Though it STILL looks like a serious thrashing of a strawman. Or a studious refusal to face or deal with the argument I made that Islam is simply and flatly incapable of reform, and is likewise incompatible with "the rights and freedoms of a liberal democratic state". And which I buttressed with any number facts and sources.

However, I will kind of concede that you have a point about, at least, that video of Paris streets of Southern's you linked to and quoted from. She does tend to overemphasize the appearance of the immigrants while nowhere addressing their problematic aspects, largely their religion of Islam. Relative to which, a quote from the Wikipedia article on the demographics of France:
As of 2004, French conservative think-tank Institut Montaigne estimated that there were 60 million (85%) white people of European origin, 6 million (10%) North African people, 2 million (3.5%) Black people and 1 million (1.5%) people of Asian origin in Metropolitan France, including all generations of immigrant descendants.

According to a 2015 estimate of CIA World Factbook the numbers are: Christian (overwhelmingly Roman Catholic) 63-66%, Muslim 7-9%, Jewish 0.5-0.75% ….
Bit moot but seems likely that most "North African people" and "Black people" are in fact Muslim - hence Southern's perceptions may still be a useful proxy of sorts.

Still looks like a powder keg waiting to explode - as it has apparently done before. Interesting Gatestone Institute observations:
Macron Vows to Reform Islam in France
"It is time to bring in a new generation."

French President Emmanuel Macron, in a declared effort to "fight fundamentalism" and "preserve national cohesion," has promised to "lay the groundwork for the entire reorganization of Islam in France."

According to Macron, the plan, similar in ambition to Austria's Islam Law, is aimed at seeking to "better integrate" Islam in France in order to "place it in a more peaceful relationship with the state."

A key priority is to reduce outside interference by restricting foreign funding for mosques, imams and Muslim organizations in France. The plan's overall objective is to ensure that French law takes precedence over Islamic law for Muslims living in the country.
'Rots of 'ruck; pissing against the wind; dangerously fucking deluded.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote:

Posted without comment.
According to the Twattersphere stick man has been named as one Abdul Hamid and is a well known piece of "Asian" shit and associate of one Ali Dawah who has been trying to Dox Tommy Robinson's home address but keeps getting it wrong putting innocent members of the public's well being in jeopardy.

https://i.imgur.com/52HKQRu.png
https://i.imgur.com/ntqxtLa.png

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Of course, they dindu nuffin as usual.

https://i.imgur.com/pHxvncU.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote: Still looks like a powder keg waiting to explode - as it has apparently done before. Interesting Gatestone Institute observations:
Macron Vows to Reform Islam in France
"It is time to bring in a new generation."

French President Emmanuel Macron, in a declared effort to "fight fundamentalism" and "preserve national cohesion," has promised to "lay the groundwork for the entire reorganization of Islam in France."

According to Macron, the plan, similar in ambition to Austria's Islam Law, is aimed at seeking to "better integrate" Islam in France in order to "place it in a more peaceful relationship with the state."

A key priority is to reduce outside interference by restricting foreign funding for mosques, imams and Muslim organizations in France. The plan's overall objective is to ensure that French law takes precedence over Islamic law for Muslims living in the country.
'Rots of 'ruck; pissing against the wind; dangerously fucking deluded.
I had my doubts about him, but I like what Macron is doing. Out of all the European leaders he seems the most pragmatic at the moment. Merkel and May could well learn a couple of things from the guy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Questions don’t answer themselves.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Questions don’t answer themselves.
Somethings no answer is an answer.

But Don't ask me*

*with Magnus Pike

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:50 pm

I'm not in favor of Southern at all, never managed to finish one of her videos. She seems gorgeous, earnest and not overly bright. That said, she may have some good ideas mixed in there somewhere. I dunno.

I would be more concerned with the why the pit seems to have moved to the right. With my eldest daughter in college, I see what colleges and universities have become, and it is scary. I see what Black Lives Matter is doing in the community (my district is very diverse) and it is no so good. Not at all what is advertised. I would look at why Brive is turning to such sources, why they resonate with him. My guess is that he is genuinely afraid that there are serious problems with the immigration and Australia. Is he overreacting? I dunno. I wouldn't dismiss it though, not without discussing his reasons further. And he is right about one thing for certain; politicians will gladly fuck over their country for short-term gains. Immigration seems to be one of them in Australia.

The regressive left is a serious problem, all over the west. The most alarmist headlines on the problems in colleges and universities may understate the problem. Is immigration the same deal? Not in America, but Brive seems to feel Australia is slipping away. There are troubling things from all the former British Empire.

This may be a case of the Allies and the Soviet Union getting together against the Axis. They knew that the Soviets were no angels, would present serious trouble down the line, but there wasn't a lot of choice.

I dunno, I'm just rambling. Still medicated, iced, heated and generally grim. Probably best left ignored.
Interesting point. I guess my take is that sometimes the enemy of my enemy makes a useful ally, and sometimes the enemy of my enemy is also my enemy. I would possibly be less suspicious of the far right, the alt right, or the right in general if I thought they were pushing useful reforms or making decent points in my country. Maybe their message is more applicable elsewhere.

Donald Trump is the enemy of my enemy, but as far as I can tell he's accomplished nothing other than signing a tax bill he had nothing to do with, and looking like an embarrassing incompetent. Elections are always difficult to predict (see the election of Donald Trump) but it looks like he is going to put the Democrats back in power before they've done much self reflection. If we are unlucky we'll elect a bunch of SJWs and have to deal with the fallout afterward because everyone was focused on ending the madness of king donald. There is another proverb that comes to mind: I would rather have a wise enemy than a thousand stupid friends. To my eye it seems like wisdom is in short supply these days on either side of the political spectrum and stupid friends abound.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Give me time. I'm busy now, I'll get back to you in three to four hours.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:58 am
The funniest part of the islam brouhaha is that the traditionalist, ethno-centric, Christianity sympathizing right is promoting Muslim reformers and ex muslims, like Maajaid Nawaz being published on Breitbart.

On the other hand the progressive, pro-LGBT, pro-women's rights is siding with reactionary, conservative, homophobic and misogynistic muslims. So you get idiocy like Judith Butler praising Hamas and Hezbollah as part of the global left, and a Honor Brigade, Saudi sympathizing, Muslim Brotherhood shill like Linda Sarsour leading the Women's March.

It's all backwards. The atheistic, secular, progressive left is praising theocratic, reactionary, regressive islam. The traditionalist and ethno-centric right is praising the Muslim and ed Muslim liberal reformers.

Maybe it's because left wing politics destroys culture and peoples? ;)

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote:
screwtape wrote:
What about the squirrels and chipmunks that I am trying to feed? I don't disturb the mice or the shrews when they come for their share either. Traps and poisons don't discriminate. The rats don't go to waste, by the way, I put them in the trees and the vixen that lives at the back of my house comes and collects them.
You might have to do a little more research on your own....

By the way what are the gun laws like where you live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM09ZgY2qPM
Not lax enough to let me use one of those!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:08 am
Interesting how Sargon is appalled that grooming gangs are washed with the broad brush of race when they are, and I quote, “fucking muslims”.

I would not be so quick to dismiss the shit hole country aspect. But that’s ethnicity isn’t it? But what if “Asian” is besting used as a sly marker for “a Muslim of the Pakistani persuasion” It all gets very complex.

Oh. And Kirb I had a couple of questions for you up thread.

If you don’t mind.
Get in line, you Strine bastard. He hasn't answered mine yet.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Mine first.

ThreeFlangedJavis

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:13 pm
Met-Police-hate-crime.jpg

A barrister dismantles the Mets muddled pronouncement
The Met has a problem with hate-crime. It can’t explain what it means.

http://barristerblogger.com/2018/03/18/ ... -it-means/

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

What's most interesting about the 'pits supposed shift to the right is that's exactly what Aneris was complaining about.

I don't think it's a shift to the right though; rather popular culture and liberalism have meant some institutions have started succumbing to some populist poison. You have the UK police arresting people for saying nasty things on Twitter, and the news media has gone completely mad, on both sides of the fence. Corbyn is the UK's answer to Trump, in that nothing he says or does seems to matter to his supporters, no matter how retarded.

I honestly think things like Twitter act as massive pumps for all this shit. It's made things so much worse, especially given that the president of the most powerful country in the world insists on using it in the worst possible way.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Kirbmarc wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:58 am

Almost as if we live in a world where lefty politicians would encourage immigration to further their identity politicking ends.

I've been as baffled as anyone else at the willingness of the establishment to act as a mouthpiece for and protector of Isamic beliefs. Now I think it is really plausible that they are acting out of some kind of obligation tied up with the Barcelona Declaration. Perhaps the EU were genuinely naive enough to think that they could open up the borders between the Middle East and Europe and make agreements to promote "understanding" in the media without it resulting in an unmanageable flow of people in one direction and an onus on one side to understand and accommodate the other.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Mine first.
Mein Fuhrer.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Why did Hillary Clinton lose the last election?

Turns out it wasn't the Russians after all. It was the British!

https://www.channel4.com/news/cambridge ... e-election

I bet the Democrats look silly now, claiming Russian collusion.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

That doesn't necessarily clear the Russians...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/remote/me ... _large.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:56 pm
SM1957 wrote: What do they teach in these Islamic schools that he went to?
And maybe this is where someone (teachers, parents, imam) should be held accountable, have their citizenship rescinded, and be deported back to a country where religious laws say that it is ok to have sex with young girls or to treat non Muslim girls/women as sex slaves.
I bet that that Tony Blair madrassah taught him that western, non-muslim girls are yours to do with as you please. In his parents' shithole country the choice would be limited then.

feathers

Post by feathers »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:28 pm
Europe has not been overly hostile to Hindus or Sikhs "colonising" parts of their cities in the past.
Outside England, you can throw a lot of stones before hitting one.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:08 pm
Kotaku in Action thread about Peezus:

with a link to

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

feathers wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Europe has not been overly hostile to Hindus or Sikhs "colonising" parts of their cities in the past.
Not in India.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

feathers wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Speaking in a blunt sense, they haven't been a problem. In fact, given that the Telford paedo ring targeted Sikh girls, I imagine they are going to be joining up in the coming race war...

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

feathers wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:

with a link to

There is someone in that thread that won't come to the pit because of Comhinc. I think that's the funniest thing there.

Is he alive? I assumed he's probably making meth in some RV somewhere.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Not sure if this has been posted.
Lindsay Shepherd (Laurier) invites Faith Goldy to meeting.

Her Prof "cancels" her class , apparently due to a tweet, accused of mocking students or something.

The tweet in question:

He cancels here weekly meeting then sends out this message:
DYqYV7WV4AAMqPU.jpg
(17.77 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Sulman wrote:
feathers wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:

with a link to

There is someone in that thread that won't come to the pit because of Comhinc. I think that's the funniest thing there.

Sulman wrote:
feathers wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:

with a link to

Sulman wrote:
feathers wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:

with a link to

Or serving time for making meth in an RV somewhere

Barbie's Boyfriend

WTF ???

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well I got my 23andme results back...

I'm 100% white (or at least European - it amounts to the same thing) and also a degenerate - or at least have an increased risk of Age-Related Macular Degeneration.

That's right, I'm talking about Degeneration.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

My Degeneration

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MarcusAu wrote: Well I got my 23andme results back...

I'm 100% white (or at least European - it amounts to the same thing) and also a degenerate - or at least have an increased risk of Age-Related Macular Degeneration.

Don't worry, there's (nearly) a cure for that...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43458365

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

InfraRedBucket wrote:

That's a pity - I was looking forward to (or at least hoping for) an interesting dotage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbB7mo9dbEo

Barbie's Boyfriend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snW-5AHxYTA

Well, Comstink is apparently in prison for cooking meth, so somebody has to supply the pro wrestling vids around here...

feathers

Post by feathers »

DrokkIt wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:13 am
Speaking in a blunt sense, they haven't been a problem. In fact, given that the Telford paedo ring targeted Sikh girls, I imagine they are going to be joining up in the coming race war...
The Sikhs do have their sharp side.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: It amuses me that Kirb was going to sue Aneris because zir called him a Nazi. :lol: Diversity is the Pits strength.

Speaking of which I will be very sorry if Kirb spits his dummy. And guilty. I may be accused of helping to chase Vicky away because she was a Nazi but then chasing Kirb away ... because I’m a Nazi.
You're not a Nazi. You are, however, and by your own admission, an ethno-nationalist. Also I'm not going anywhere.
Was Lauren pointing out in her video disgusting black poisoned blood or was she questioning the ROI in transplanting a non conforming culture into Paris suburbs?
False dichotomy.

What I argued, and what is plain to see from the video, is that Southern was clearly supporting a race-based view of the problems of immigration. It was all about who those people WERE and what they LOOKED like, not what they DID. Because what they DID was just being there, walking around. And the point of the video was that just by being THERE, in France, they were causing the end of France.

As I've written there's ZERO indication in the video that it's about a cultural problem of assimilation. There's no anti-French act recorded, no anti-French opinion given. Not even people with cards saying that they don't like something about France. It's quite clearly all about ethnicity, to argue otherwise is disingenuous.

Consider this: a black South African woman goes around Johannesburg, filming white people, and makes a video about how dreadful it is that there are so many white people around in country called South Africa. And those whites don't even assimilate to African culture, look at all of them walking in jeans and T-shirts or business suits and not even of them is wearing traditional African clothing. If they're allowed in Africa then Africa isn't going to be Africa anymore :bjarte:

Would you consider that a race-based narrative which, in the context of growing racial tension in South Africa, is more than a little irresponsible? Or simply a high-minded denunciation of the evils of colonialism?

Or, if we want to go deeper into history, imagine a German woman filming Orthodox Jews in 1930 Germany and pointing out how those people didn't integrate at all. I mean, just look at how they dress. If we allow more Jews from Poland to come in, soon Germany won't be Germany anymore :bjarte:
Assuming the latter, on a scale of 0 to 10, how likely would you be to recommend the Paris approach & outcome to a Swiss city? (Where 10 is very likely and 0 is not at all). What is the main reason for your response?
This is a big red herring.

The video is descriptive of a situation that already exists in France. A situation that is described as an existential threat to France on the basis of the visible ethnicity of people walking around.

If want to talk about how France made some mistakes about integration, and how Switzerland did it better, then I'm all for a discussion about those themes. But in the context of the point I was making about the Southern video your question is simply a distraction.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Lsuoma wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Mine first.
I already answered to your question. It was based on a misunderstanding of what I was talking about.

Jack Wooster

Post by Jack Wooster »

I sent my 23 and me spit sample off in January and it languished at the airport in Memphis until a week ago, after an extended holiday in the Netherlands, it is now being processed exceedingly slowly.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Old_ones wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:50 pm

I'm not in favor of Southern at all, never managed to finish one of her videos. She seems gorgeous, earnest and not overly bright. That said, she may have some good ideas mixed in there somewhere. I dunno.

I would be more concerned with the why the pit seems to have moved to the right. With my eldest daughter in college, I see what colleges and universities have become, and it is scary. I see what Black Lives Matter is doing in the community (my district is very diverse) and it is no so good. Not at all what is advertised. I would look at why Brive is turning to such sources, why they resonate with him. My guess is that he is genuinely afraid that there are serious problems with the immigration and Australia. Is he overreacting? I dunno. I wouldn't dismiss it though, not without discussing his reasons further. And he is right about one thing for certain; politicians will gladly fuck over their country for short-term gains. Immigration seems to be one of them in Australia.

The regressive left is a serious problem, all over the west. The most alarmist headlines on the problems in colleges and universities may understate the problem. Is immigration the same deal? Not in America, but Brive seems to feel Australia is slipping away. There are troubling things from all the former British Empire.

This may be a case of the Allies and the Soviet Union getting together against the Axis. They knew that the Soviets were no angels, would present serious trouble down the line, but there wasn't a lot of choice.

I dunno, I'm just rambling. Still medicated, iced, heated and generally grim. Probably best left ignored.
Interesting point. I guess my take is that sometimes the enemy of my enemy makes a useful ally, and sometimes the enemy of my enemy is also my enemy. I would possibly be less suspicious of the far right, the alt right, or the right in general if I thought they were pushing useful reforms or making decent points in my country. Maybe their message is more applicable elsewhere.

Donald Trump is the enemy of my enemy, but as far as I can tell he's accomplished nothing other than signing a tax bill he had nothing to do with, and looking like an embarrassing incompetent. Elections are always difficult to predict (see the election of Donald Trump) but it looks like he is going to put the Democrats back in power before they've done much self reflection. If we are unlucky we'll elect a bunch of SJWs and have to deal with the fallout afterward because everyone was focused on ending the madness of king donald. There is another proverb that comes to mind: I would rather have a wise enemy than a thousand stupid friends. To my eye it seems like wisdom is in short supply these days on either side of the political spectrum and stupid friends abound.
I'm more receding to Peterson and Sargon, perhaps Southern. Not really followed her at all. People we may not agree with, but at least share similar goals and outlook.

As to Trump, why he is the greatest gift to the regressive left there ever was. He has gifted them with relevance and standing that had been disappearing. Trump derangement syndrome strikes and former moderates shift to ranting regressive left.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

DrokkIt wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
feathers wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Why do you think there is a Sikh chapter of the English Defence League? .

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Bleh, to many typos to correct previous post.

Stephen Pinker was on our local public radio station pushing his new book Enlightenment Now, so I tuned in. Sorry I did. The host is famously fatuous, not nearly as bright as he thinks he is and of course muffed the interview. He obviously hadn't read the book, and had no intention of doing even a modicum of research to ask intelligent questions. And of course I get a letter today because it's their fund drive. Haha

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

SM1957 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 pm
Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Have they arrived in the past 20 years due to govt sponsored mass immigration designed to shift the demographics into a left aligned new status quo?
Now you've gone full InfoWars. Yeah, right, immigration wasn't the result of economic differences and migrants moving to a more economically promising place. No, it was a "Gummint Conzpirazy" to shift demographics to favor the left. :bjarte:
Paul Keating of Australia was perfectly clear that the role of immigration was to change Australia, so that Australian culture would be replaced with a more Asian one

http://www.keating.org.au/shop/item/aus ... april-1992

'Many things have changed and will change in Australia – our ethnic composition and, with it, our culture; our economic and industrial practices; our world view – a great deal will change.'
Some things'll never change:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Mine first.
I already answered to your question. It was based on a misunderstanding of what I was talking about.
Now FT has been schooled, can I take his slot?

This lecturer wants to ban Goldy from speaking at his Uni because she is filling the pipes laid for Nazism with vile fluid.

Here is his open letter.

Do you agree that his students should be protected from the Uni’s implicit support of Frau Faith?

(Nb the trick in that formulation)

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
feathers wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Why do you think there is a Sikh chapter of the English Defence League? .
thems big lads who like a scrap and pack blades

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
SM1957 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 pm
Kirbmarc wrote:
Paul Keating of Australia was perfectly clear that the role of immigration was to change Australia, so that Australian culture would be replaced with a more Asian one

http://www.keating.org.au/shop/item/aus ... april-1992

'Many things have changed and will change in Australia – our ethnic composition and, with it, our culture; our economic and industrial practices; our world view – a great deal will change.'
Some things'll never change:

Adelaide is Australia’s sad guilty secret. Please keep it that way.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Mine first.
Now FT has been schooled, can I take his slot?

This lecturer wants to ban Goldy from speaking at his Uni because she is filling the pipes laid for Nazism with vile fluid.

Here is his open letter.

Do you agree that his students should be protected from the Uni’s implicit support of Frau Faith?

(Nb the trick in that formulation)
I haven't seen Kiev supporting censorship. Where is this coming from?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirb, No Kiev.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

InfraRedBucket wrote:

He's already a cishet white male and you want him to compound the crime by seeking a cure through colonial, western science? He needs to get his eyes fixed by seeing an African wizard. Macular degeneration is a social construct and the wizard's treatment will work if he decolonizes his mind.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirb is coming down hard on religo-ethnic criticism as simple racism. This Goldy issue has been framed as University led racism against its students via a Nazi proxy. Not free speech censorship.

Given my concerns with Kirbs views on the Southerns video remain unaddressed, I’d be interested in why he might support Nazi bullying here.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is that ok?