There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Brive1987 »

Stankeye wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: There are maybe 20 ugly pale people total on that cruise, so it shouldn't be hard for a 4channer type to suss out who the Krausses victim was. You can easily narrow it down to two or three of the least ugly females. I have my bet already.
Is this the group we get to choose from?

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B456479

Also I thought skepticism was supposed to be a sausage fest. 21 presenting as Females. 14 presenting as Males.
Ah. Skanks Adam top left.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Lsuoma wrote: Ha. Martin Shkreli gets seven years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43352073
If Marts got bummed and/or ended up a baghead in prison and contracted HIV as a result, there'd be some irony if they couldn't afford the drugs to treat him.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Ape+lust wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Is this a temp thing or just me ?
Arel's disappeared fron Twitter

MWSnap092 2018-03-09, 23_41_46.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

For all his toughguy posturing, he actually lets the shit he stirs up get to him? He's stupider than stupid :shock:
Goddamn it. Arel's account was a reliable source of lulz. Not just that, but if you'd made a dumb mistake and wanted to feel better about yourself, just check Dan's Twitter feed and soon you would feel like a relative genius.

I am hoping it comes back soon. Some Twitter feeds are virtual windows to the madness in people's souls, and very entertaining to boot. Where would @realdonaldtrump friends or enemies be without his Twitter?

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

I think facebook too if anyone is keeping track.

I bet he kept his fetlife profile active.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Is this a temp thing or just me ?
Arel's disappeared fron Twitter

MWSnap092 2018-03-09, 23_41_46.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

For all his toughguy posturing, he actually lets the shit he stirs up get to him? He's stupider than stupid :shock:
Goddamn it. Arel's account was a reliable source of lulz. Not just that, but if you'd made a dumb mistake and wanted to feel better about yourself, just check Dan's Twitter feed and soon you would feel like a relative genius.

I am hoping it comes back soon. Some Twitter feeds are virtual windows to the madness in people's souls, and very entertaining to boot. Where would @realdonaldtrump friends or enemies be without his Twitter?
Must admit he'd not registered with me til his name appeared in the Cunties nominations. I can see why.
One good reason even if it is easy to post links to live tweets here , why a screencap of a tweet can help for posterity. That earlier one is a classic.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Wow, the #DanArelRapedMe hash tag movement has uncovered more accusations than face Shermer or Krauss by far. More than Bill Cosby. It is going to take him a long time to prove each accusation false.

If he can do so at all....

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

DXPBNNCX4AEUzF9.jpg
(72.03 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
DXPBNtLWkAAtmXF.jpg
(70.09 KiB) Downloaded 234 times

:lol:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

The orbit online con is coming up soon. They are asking for panelists, so go for it folks. :dance:
https://the-orbit.net/orbitcon/2018/03/ ... -orbitcon/

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

It's even better with the missing bit at the end:
https://i.imgur.com/max8AK4.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Have a bit of Jenneke:

https://i.imgur.com/nciLfxB.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The orbit online con is coming up soon. They are asking for panelists, so go for it folks. :dance:
https://the-orbit.net/orbitcon/2018/03/ ... -orbitcon/
I assume nobody believes Buzzfeed unilaterally came across Krauss without being led by the nose by the (((SJ network))).

I smell the old stink. The FQ requires a final solution.

Really?

Post by Really? »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: It's even better with the missing bit at the end:
https://i.imgur.com/max8AK4.png
You will notice that Arel doesn't protest against the tiny dick part. Just the rape. It reinforces that she knows the truth.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CaptainFluffyBunny

[tweet][/tweet]
It makes sense! Perhaps they can change.

CaptainFluffyBunny

[tweet][/tweet]
It makes sense! Perhaps they can change.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watch Thor 3 last night. The jokes were funny until they became annoying. The sequence on the junk planet went on 3x too long. The Hulk confirmed he could never hold a movie.

And the Afro-Panamanian-Mexican casting for the Valkyrie was annoyingly predictable.

Other than that. Cate’s ass was mighty fine.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In the comics and Norse myth, Valkyrie was a fair-skinned, blonde, Viking warrior-woman. In this film, she is played by Afro-Panamanian actress Tessa Thompson. According to Taika Waititi, this was a not deliberate decision to diversify the film, but to choose the best person: "You're working with comic-book Vikings, so you have to look at the source material as a very loose inspiration. A character's skin tone and hair color doesn't matter. I think the story is king, and you want the best person for the job, and Tessa was the best person."
:lol: :lol:

Seems bizarre that Black Panther found no whiteys better placed to play a Wankandian Warlord.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: Watch Thor 3 last night. The jokes were funny until they became annoying. The sequence on the junk planet went on 3x too long. The Hulk confirmed he could never hold a movie.

And the Afro-Panamanian-Mexican casting for the Valkyrie was annoyingly predictable.

Watching Wonder Woman now. I alternate between annoyed and bored. My daughters are not impressed.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Watch Thor 3 last night. The jokes were funny until they became annoying. The sequence on the junk planet went on 3x too long. The Hulk confirmed he could never hold a movie.

Watching Wonder Woman now. I alternate between annoyed and bored. My daughters are not impressed.
Bored-annoyance works for me.

Here is a classic buyers remorse.

http://gamers-haven.org/wp-content/uplo ... etessa.jpg

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I'm fine with the color-blind casting. These are fictional characters, after all, so it's not like you're casting a black dude to play Elizabeth the First or a white man to play Martin Luther King, there's no real need for accuracy. What's annoying is that while a character which has white skin in previous lore can be played by someone who's not white without anyone taking issue with it, when a character who wasn't portrayed as white is played by a white person, everyone is annoyed and screams "whitewashing" or "too many white people" (as it happens with Doctor Strange and Tilda Swinton playing the Asian character of the Ancient One).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

In the same movie Chiwetel Ejiofor played the character of Baron Mordo, who's a white man in the comics, and nobody complained. But Tilda Swinton playing a character who was first written as an Asian man was beyond the pale (no pun intended).

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

If you have "unfairly benefited" then quit your job. Now. Let someone less privileged have a chance at it. Or shut the hell up. From BC. In Canada (for God's sake
paging pz myers, white privilege phone.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:32 am
Were it not for Reagan, the US today would be crushed under the jackboot of grenadine-swigging grenadiers from Grenada.
As opposed to crushed under the high heels of the transsexual transvestites from Trans-sylvania.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:

I'm fine with the color-blind casting. These are fictional characters, after all, so it's not like you're casting a black dude to play Elizabeth the First or a white man to play Martin Luther King, there's no real need for accuracy. What's annoying is that while a character which has white skin in previous lore can be played by someone who's not white without anyone taking issue with it, when a character who wasn't portrayed as white is played by a white person, everyone is annoyed and screams "whitewashing" or "too many white people" (as it happens with Doctor Strange and Tilda Swinton playing the Asian character of the Ancient One).
Kirbmarc wrote:

Your PoMo is disturbing.

valkyrie is not some random concept /character. It plays within parameters of meaning. It would be weird if half the fictional characters in a Zulu movie's impi were white. Colour blind casting my ass.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Your PoMo is disturbing.

valkyrie is not some random concept /character. It plays within parameters of meaning. It would be weird if half the fictional characters in a Zulu movie's impi were white. Colour blind casting my ass.
Thor 3 is a comic book movie. It's not meant to be an accurate representation of Nordic myths.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I made a GIF of Tommy Robinson clocking that dude.

feathers

Post by feathers »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:38 pm
DXPBNNCX4AEUzF9.jpg

DXPBNtLWkAAtmXF.jpg
What's happening these last few pages? Suddenly Smelody is resurrected from the grave, Benson has left the sarcophagus for a stroll, Dan Arel self-immolates and Sacha Saeen still exists...

Someone fooled with the time machine, did they?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:51 pm
https://imgur.com/mzumAEX.jpg
Pity you can't tweet it at him any more...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
DXPBNNCX4AEUzF9.jpg

DXPBNtLWkAAtmXF.jpg
What's happening these last few pages? Suddenly Smelody is resurrected from the grave, Benson has left the sarcophagus for a stroll, Dan Arel self-immolates and Sacha Saeen still exists...

It's rerun season.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:28 am
Thor 3 is a comic book movie. It's not meant to be an accurate representation of Nordic myths.
Maybe, but it is based on the historic gods of Nordics going back thousands of years with no history of non-Nords in among them. Black Panther was invented 50 years ago by a Jew.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tommy Robinson suddenly got a lot more popular in Italy.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

I spent six months in Iraq with this CD on loop - perfect music for blasting across the sand in an MBT!

\m/

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

feathers wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
DXPBNNCX4AEUzF9.jpg

DXPBNtLWkAAtmXF.jpg

:lol:

Field Marshal Zvan is on the march. And Peez 'n Becky are acting like giddy teens. Something terrible is in the offing.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Your PoMo is disturbing.

The movie remains an interesting deviation from the comic book, which according to your remarkably low bar, out did itself in remaining aligned to its source lore.

But I am relieved the dice didn't throw a middle aged asian housewife Thor.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

feathers wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:51 pm
https://imgur.com/mzumAEX.jpg
Pity you can't tweet it at him any more...
I'll do it when he comes back. They all leave, they all come back. It's a rite of passage for baboons.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Maybe, but it is based on the historic gods of Nordics going back thousands of years with no history of non-Nords in among them. Black Panther was invented 50 years ago by a Jew.
Black Panther is also a comic book movie that a lot of people are taking WAY too seriously.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:23 pm
I fucking hate that term "reached out to" when they mean "tried to contact or got no reply"

It aint a fucking Bronte novel.
I'd like to add the british political pr term "called for" as in "I've called for _____". Annoys the fuck out of me for some reason.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

DrokkIt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
I fucking hate that term "reached out to" when they mean "tried to contact or got no reply"

I'd like to add the british political pr term "called for" as in "I've called for _____". Annoys the fuck out of me for some reason.
Yes. Pompous, as in:

"I have called for free ice cream on tap and an owl in every home

but as yet, my reaching out was not reciprocated."

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

This is not a bad summary of how the "progressive " SJW left deals with views it doesnt like, in contrast to the
moral complexity that the rest of us recognise in trying to change the world for the better.

http://quillette.com/2018/03/10/psychol ... hostility/

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

InfraRedBucket wrote: This is not a bad summary of how the "progressive " SJW left deals with views it doesnt like, in contrast to the
moral complexity that the rest of us recognise in trying to change the world for the better.

I might add though, that Roger Scruton (or Scrotum) mentioned in the article is an unconvincing advocate
for conservative/ libertarian views - his arts writing, that I have read, is mostly garbage in my opinion.
He was also exposed as a secret shill/lobbyist for the tabacco industry.

I was at art school in the 80s with his first wife, a nice woman called Danielle.
I think they were separated/divorced at that point.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Norse myths are obsessed with lineage. They are all about who is related to who.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: This is not a bad summary of how the "progressive " SJW left deals with views it doesnt like, in contrast to the

I might add though, that Roger Scruton (or Scrotum) mentioned in the article is an unconvincing advocate
for conservative/ libertarian views - his arts writing, that I have read, is mostly garbage in my opinion.
He was also exposed as a secret shill/lobbyist for the tabacco industry.

I was at art school in the 80s with his first wife, a nice woman called Danielle.
I think they were separated/divorced at that point.
Every time I hear the name Danielle I picture a fat bloke with a beard.

Thanks, Obama.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Shatterface wrote: Every time I hear the name Danielle I picture a fat bloke with a beard.

Thanks, Obama.
Danielle's job is to soften you up, so you get used to the idea.

Have you ever met Secret Gamer Girl? Strident, voluminous twitterer, friend to other pain-in-the-ass trannies like Zinnia Jones? Danielle is a willowy gazelle next to this galoot.

https://imgur.com/rlyMf2p.png

https://imgur.com/fGwOEqv.jpg

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

DrokkIt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

May I include "Unveiled" Used in sporting terms all the time, when a football team signs a new player or appoints a new manager he has to be unveiled. :roll:

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

May I include "Unveiled" Used in sporting terms all the time, when a football team signs a new player or appoints a new manager he has to be unveiled. :roll:
I hate the word "iconic", which doesn't seem to mean anything at all.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ape+lust wrote: Danielle's job is to dog ten you up, so you get used to the idea.

Have you ever met Secret Gamer Girl? Strident, voluminous twitterer, friend to other pain-in-the-ass trannies like Zinnia Jones? Danielle is a willowy gazelle next to this galoot.

The only bit of that I believe is that he's gotten it from both directions.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Women in Iran are being jailed for removing hijabs. .. Meanwhile over at the BBC :think:
"The industry is changing," she says. "Our clients want girls who are more than just models, whether it's a girl who is an activist or an artist.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43255194
Attachments
..PNG
(341.78 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

Some players never get unveiled.
201162673751812734_20.jpg
(67.73 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
What amuses me is the ritual holding up or wearing of the shirt of the new team, for players/managers
who are too often, at the highest level of the sport eg football, just increasingly over paid mercenaries going to the highest bidder.

On sporting terms, "medalled" is one that riles many , to be replaced by "podiumed".

-

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

paddybrown wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

I hate the word "iconic", which doesn't seem to mean anything at all.
"legend" .
Too often describing an sportsman who hasnt even finished their playing career.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Brive1987 wrote:
In the comics and Norse myth, Valkyrie was a fair-skinned, blonde, Viking warrior-woman. In this film, she is played by Afro-Panamanian actress Tessa Thompson. According to Taika Waititi, this was a not deliberate decision to diversify the film, but to choose the best person: "You're working with comic-book Vikings, so you have to look at the source material as a very loose inspiration. A character's skin tone and hair color doesn't matter. I think the story is king, and you want the best person for the job, and Tessa was the best person."
:lol: :lol:

Seems bizarre that Black Panther found no whiteys better placed to play a Wankandian Warlord.
I mean one of the secondary characters who helps save the day is a white American CIA agent played by a white Brit, which was already enough to upset some SJWs.

Protip: Don't turn into the mirror of SJWs where you can't just fucking enjoy movies without hyper-focusing on how ideologically pure they are.

ffs

Post by ffs »

what did you guys do to Dan Arel?
WHAT did you DO??????
I mean to say, congratulations!

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Ape+lust wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Every time I hear the name Danielle I picture a fat bloke with a beard.

Thanks, Obama.
Danielle's job is to soften you up, so you get used to the idea.

If there's ever a competition for the Twitter avatar that bears the least resemblance to the person ...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ffs wrote: what did you guys do to Dan Arel?
WHAT did you DO??????
I mean to say, congratulations!
I think Dan did everything by himself.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: In the same movie Chiwetel Ejiofor played the character of Baron Mordo, who's a white man in the comics, and nobody complained. But Tilda Swinton playing a character who was first written as an Asian man was beyond the pale (no pun intended).
Regarding The Ancient One, Marvel were kind of between a rock and a hard place with that one: if they'd stuck with the comic book version, there was every chance the usual suspects would have bitched about him being an 'Asian sage serving the needs of the white man' ethnic trope - Dr Strange's Mr Miyagi, as it were. I guess Marvel could've gone the route of having The Ancient One as a female Asian, though personally I liked phantasmal weirdgrrl Tilda Swinton playing the character as an immortal bald Celtic sorceress well versed in magical king fu - it added to the all-round weirdness of thing, which served the film, and title character, pretty well.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

So PZ has a thread up on the Shkreli verdict. John Morales decides to smugly pat the rest of the horde on the back for its self-restraint:
PS Adam, have you noted the lack of allusion to the prison rape meme, despite the evident satisfaction hitherto expressed? This is not your typical blog.
Four posts later:
F.O.
10 March 2018 at 2:57 am
I hope he gets killed in prison.

Not because of poetic justice, but because humanity would be better without him, because many dead people would be alive without him, because if he dies he will no longer be able to destroy others.
Pharyngulean irony or Pit double-agent? You decide.

http://archive.is/X6GdQ