Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Lsuoma »

Glasgae, from the sound of it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well speaking of blasts from the past (literally, I suppose)...

If Lewinski can come out as a victim after all this time - then PZ might have something to worry about after all.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Glasgae, from the sound of it.
Better than a swift kick in the Gorbals, at any rate.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:12 am
The UK Labour party's new 'Women and equalities' adviser is none other than everyone's favourite Trans gobshite Monroe Bergdorf The He-She who got fired from L'Oreal for a racist rant about white people.

Honestly I don't have energy to talk about the racial violence of white people any more. Yes ALL white people... Because most of ya'll don't even realise or refuse to acknowledge that your existence, privilege and success as a race is built on the backs, blood and death of people of colour. Your entire existence is drenched in racism. From micro-aggressions to terrorism, you guys built the blueprint for this s***. Come see me when you realise that racism isn't learned, it's inherited and consciously or unconsciously passed down through privilege. Once white people begin to admit that their race is the most violent and oppressive force of nature on Earth... then we can talk. Until then stay acting shocked about how the world continues to stay f***** at the hands of your ancestors and your heads that remain buried in the sand with hands over your ears.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43211136

Fresh off yesterdays Brexit betrayal from Dear Leader Corbyn I can see this resonating just as well in the former mining and mill towns of Yorkshire, Lancashire and South Wales, you know, their traditional voter base. :doh:
Have you not heard of Lesbians and Gays support the Miners?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... he_BFI.JPG

(One of my feel good movies)

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

So Kevin Smith had a heart attack.
Chris Pratt tweeted out thoughts and prayers.

This triggered sensitive atheist snowflakes who felt it was necessary to school Pratt that there is no god and that his prayers and thoughts were bullshit.

Now I suspect half of these idiots were coming off the Parkland shooting and seeing thoughts and prayers felt reflexively they had to stamp out right wing alt right nazis anti gun controllers.

So fine fuck it, fuck them all.

But god damn it, even the Richard Dawkins Foundation had to join in.
Richard Dawkins Foundation
Why was he brought to a hospital and saved by a doctor practicing medicine...IF
PRAYER WORKS?

Irresponsible to advocate for prayer like this and insulting to the women and men
ACTUALLY saving him!

Be well, @ThatKevinSmith
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/chris-pra ... ith.39939/
https://i.imgur.com/bqAHZhN.png

And then yeah, realizing that tweet was above an ISIS beheading tweet, but still below humanity, they deleted it.

Richard Dawkins Foundation, shut your festering gob, you tit.

Now, I never saw the tweet itself, but I did see copies of it on twitter and at kiwifarms. It is possible RDF never tweeted it out, if so, I'll apologize. Otherwise, what a stupid fucking thing to tweet.

"Be well, @ThatKevinSmith"

What does that even mean?

Just what is Kevin Smith to do with that? Feel guilty about all those cheeseburgers?

Is there enough of a difference between RDF expressing hope from a random/chaotic universe and Chris Pratt expressing hope from god? Seems about the same to me, on a par with blindly pissing out your door and hoping from either god or the universe there is no wind to blow it back onto you.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

KiwiInOz wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:12 am
The UK Labour party's new 'Women and equalities' adviser is none other than everyone's favourite Trans gobshite Monroe Bergdorf The He-She who got fired from L'Oreal for a racist rant about white people.

Honestly I don't have energy to talk about the racial violence of white people any more. Yes ALL white people... Because most of ya'll don't even realise or refuse to acknowledge that your existence, privilege and success as a race is built on the backs, blood and death of people of colour. Your entire existence is drenched in racism. From micro-aggressions to terrorism, you guys built the blueprint for this s***. Come see me when you realise that racism isn't learned, it's inherited and consciously or unconsciously passed down through privilege. Once white people begin to admit that their race is the most violent and oppressive force of nature on Earth... then we can talk. Until then stay acting shocked about how the world continues to stay f***** at the hands of your ancestors and your heads that remain buried in the sand with hands over your ears.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43211136

Fresh off yesterdays Brexit betrayal from Dear Leader Corbyn I can see this resonating just as well in the former mining and mill towns of Yorkshire, Lancashire and South Wales, you know, their traditional voter base. :doh:
Have you not heard of Lesbians and Gays support the Miners?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... he_BFI.JPG

(One of my feel good movies)
Don't forget the steelworkers.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote: Feel guilty about all those cheeseburgers?
I suspect you have missed the entire point of cheeseburgers. Guilty pleasures are best when you can acknowledge the guilt and still don't give a shit.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ape+lust wrote: Pander, pander, pander. This might be the thing that brings Hitchens back from the dead.

https://imgur.com/LAU47Or.jpg
Tastes exactly the same as Johnnie Walker but with more bitterness, brings on a nagging headache in the morning.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Shatterface wrote:
John D wrote: I am a bit surprised there were not a bunch of transsexual issue in this last Olympics. The rules make it super easy for a MTF to start transitioning and switch to competing against women. Perhaps few trans people are motivated to compete as athletes. Or, Perhaps they have so many psych issues that they can't stay focused on competing at very high levels. It is one thing for a high school athlete to use testosterone to give them an edge, it is another to perform at such a high level you make it to the Olympics. Discuss......
Winter Olympics hasn't discovered black athletes yet so I doubt they'll be troubled by trannies any time soon.
Oh, I don't know about that. The Tongans had a skier and the Nigerians had a woman's bobsled team.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

And talking of guilty pleasures, it seems we have a new 'modest proposal' for feeding the poor.

SPCA criticized, owner reportedly threatened after slaughtering pig he adopted

Canadian man sorry for butchering and eating pet pig Molly

I'm delighted to see that we have such fine upstanding and reasonable people who send death threats to both SPCA staff and the adopter of the pig, presumably they rate a pig's life as more valuable than that of a human. I think it a perfectly reasonable strategy to adopt a cat, dog or pig from the SPCA and allow it to enrich your life in all sorts of ways. ;)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
John D wrote: I am a bit surprised there were not a bunch of transsexual issue in this last Olympics. The rules make it super easy for a MTF to start transitioning and switch to competing against women. Perhaps few trans people are motivated to compete as athletes. Or, Perhaps they have so many psych issues that they can't stay focused on competing at very high levels. It is one thing for a high school athlete to use testosterone to give them an edge, it is another to perform at such a high level you make it to the Olympics. Discuss......
Winter Olympics hasn't discovered black athletes yet so I doubt they'll be troubled by trannies any time soon.
Oh, I don't know about that. The Tongans had a skier and the Nigerians had a woman's bobsled team.
The British male & female Bobsleigh teams both had black athletes. At the back of course. :snooty:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I always wondered what Steerz looked like.

Steerz_doxx.jpg
(97.77 KiB) Downloaded 320 times

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote: So Kevin Smith had a heart attack.
Chris Pratt tweeted out thoughts and prayers.

This triggered sensitive atheist snowflakes who felt it was necessary to school Pratt that there is no god and that his prayers and thoughts were bullshit.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/968157548925747201

Now I suspect half of these idiots were coming off the Parkland shooting and seeing thoughts and prayers felt reflexively they had to stamp out right wing alt right nazis anti gun controllers.

So fine fuck it, fuck them all.

But god damn it, even the Richard Dawkins Foundation had to join in.
Richard Dawkins Foundation
Why was he brought to a hospital and saved by a doctor practicing medicine...IF
PRAYER WORKS?

Irresponsible to advocate for prayer like this and insulting to the women and men
ACTUALLY saving him!

Be well, @ThatKevinSmith
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/chris-pra ... ith.39939/

https://i.imgur.com/bqAHZhN.png

And then yeah, realizing that tweet was above an ISIS beheading tweet, but still below humanity, they deleted it.

Richard Dawkins Foundation, shut your festering gob, you tit.

Now, I never saw the tweet itself, but I did see copies of it on twitter and at kiwifarms. It is possible RDF never tweeted it out, if so, I'll apologize. Otherwise, what a stupid fucking thing to tweet.

"Be well, @ThatKevinSmith"

What does that even mean?

Just what is Kevin Smith to do with that? Feel guilty about all those cheeseburgers?

Is there enough of a difference between RDF expressing hope from a random/chaotic universe and Chris Pratt expressing hope from god? Seems about the same to me, on a par with blindly pissing out your door and hoping from either god or the universe there is no wind to blow it back onto you.
I guess the idiots don't know or don't care that Kevin Smith is a Catholic.

I remember when Peez discovered Chris Pratt is a "conservative" Christian. He straightaway put up a blog post warning everyone about it :lol:

I don't recall Pratt bothering anyone with his politics, unlike say, Meryl Streep or Emma Watson. I'm a fucking leftie and I know who I'd rather be trapped alongside on an airline.

Peez still has no idea how much he came off as a breathless tattletale: OMG! You won't believe this. I am so disappointed :lol:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I get salty when people offer prayers as an excuse to not take action, but fuck, when a random celebrity has a medical condition, there's nothing YOU can do unless you happen to be the surgeon. It's just your standard well-wishing, which if you want you could call "low level virtue signalling" but it's the most benign and common kind that fucking everyone engages in.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Lsuoma wrote: Glasgae, from the sound of it.
True fact: I had an uncle called Johnny Walker - from Glasgow (married to my Glaswegian Dads's sister)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I always wondered what Steerz looked like.

Steerz_doxx.jpg
Uncanny resemblance if you ask me.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I always wondered what Steerz looked like.

Steerz_doxx.jpg
He's already confirmed that his name IS Jim.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Steersman, in true freezepeach fashion moderates his comments. :snooty:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The Skank has just dumped a 'Dish The Dirt' video on Lawrence Krauss. I won't bother linking it. Basically she says Krauss groped her at a bar but she didn't make a big thing of it as she felt she wouldn't be believed, (If only it had happened in an elevator) Krauss's wife is bat shit crazy too.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I'm an atheist and as a result, think "sending prayers" is useless, but so fucking what. I don't feel the need to moan about it and attack people who express themselves in this way. It is just attacking low-hanging fruit.

Also, I don't see the same whining when a Muslim says they are praying for someone/something.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

CommanderTuvok wrote: I'm an atheist and as a result, think "sending prayers" is useless, but so fucking what. I don't feel the need to moan about it and attack people who express themselves in this way. It is just attacking low-hanging fruit.

Also, I don't see the same whining when a Muslim says they are praying for someone/something.
It's different when politicians do it. It means that they want you to calm down while they continue to not do anything about the issue.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

shoutinghorse wrote: The Skank has just dumped a 'Dish The Dirt' video on Lawrence Krauss. I won't bother linking it. Basically she says Krauss groped her at a bar but she didn't make a big thing of it as she felt she wouldn't be believed, (If only it had happened in an elevator) Krauss's wife is bat shit crazy too.
According the Krauss the incident occurred when he reached out to restrain Watson who was fleeing having just calculated the “shout” order.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

I thought this was settled. here is a video I previously posted which shows the Boat Obsessed Bozo™. Fast forward to 9:00 to see his neighbor talk about the prostitutes who visit him at home:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4uo5ct

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote: The Skank has just dumped a 'Dish The Dirt' video on Lawrence Krauss. I won't bother linking it. Basically she says Krauss groped her at a bar but she didn't make a big thing of it as she felt she wouldn't be believed, (If only it had happened in an elevator) Krauss's wife is bat shit crazy too.
Man, she's in her element. I don't ever recall her so obviously enjoying a video. This is a woman whose crotch is pulsing like a frightened toad:

The Skeeve wrote:Despite how well-researched it is, of course there are people falling over themselves to defend Lawrence Krauss. These people have taken Occam's Razor and thrown it in the garbage. Because they think it's more likely that all of these separate independent women decided, independently of one another, to lie about Lawrence Krauss sexually harassing and assaulting them rather than just believing that Krauss did it.
I know just who you're talking about. It's past time you kicked the little worm overboard anyway. You're never going to let him chew your panties and it's unfair to keep him thinking so.

https://imgur.com/UBuPFrn.png

https://imgur.com/1hWEP5v.png

(For reference, this is the Ed Cara story Peez and Zvan are talking about.)

dogen

Post by dogen »

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:45 am
Brive1987 wrote: 2:53
Surprised you lasted so long.
https://new3.fjcdn.com/pictures/Randy_4 ... 152423.jpg

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

First, Justin Trudeau could be Fidel's and Maggie's slutchild:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... JsumhphQcJ

https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-produ ... iIgnwO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PWWmvXKh.jpg

And now this shit?

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:11 pm
I always wondered what Steerz looked like.

[OK, this is my doxx-safe version of what I believe the tit has edited out of Matt's original post - MacGruber]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/ ... doxx_1.jpg
And here is Nerd the Deadhead:

http://i.imgur.com/HrLfCHs.jpg

OK, I only present the crystal clear evidence. It is up to you to make up your minds on the 100% certain evidence I have given you.

The mind reels. Too much for one day.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

BTW, from doxxed info and from shit like just googling stuff, I know believe that Steerz may live within 8 miles of me and WMDKitty lives within 30 miles of me. God willing, that's as close as either will ever get to me. Death by n****r c**t hypothesis's repeated ad infinitum or death by screaming keyboard all in CAPS from a women locked into a wheelchair from bad lifestyle choices, take your pick.

Well, at least if you threw WMDKitty a 4 liter tub of ice-cream and a greasy big-big bucket of deep fried chicken thighs it would shut her up for 10 minutes, but what the hell shuts up the Steerz?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Oh, I forgot, nothing shuts up the Steerz.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Everyday Feminism unleash two new superheroes in a recent cartoon. As you can tell by the names - 'Politically Incorrect Man' vs.'Mx. Respect For Others' - it's as clever as it is intentionally funny.

I really think this is how they see things. Amazing.

https://everydayfeminism.com/wp-content ... n-copy.jpg

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MacGruberKnows wrote: ...but what the hell shuts up the Steerz?
EMP.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

So, if doxxing is bannable , does that mean you can ban the Steerz for doxxing himself?

Just wondering hoping.

OK, just kidding, I've mellowed on Steerz lately, since he kind of comes and goes like a once in a while rash unlike the way he used to set himself in cement on this place.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Oops, sorry about that. For some reason I thought it would thumbnail.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Cnutella wrote: Everyday Feminism unleash two new superheroes in a recent cartoon. As you can tell by the names - 'Politically Incorrect Man' vs.'Mx. Respect For Others' - it's as clever as it is intentionally funny.

I really think this is how they see things. Amazing.

[.img]https://everydayfeminism.com/wp-content ... n-copy.jpg[/img]
I love how being fat is the same thing as being black.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Also having spaces segregated by gender is very progressive apparently.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Crowder strikes again.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

How is POlitically Incorrect Man wrong about anything?

Brive1987

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't oneunle

Post by Brive1987 »

Interesting. The ‘grope in pub’ comment appears to be an adlib - that whole para is an extension of the “its not worth complaining about powerful men” mantra. She is saying that unless it’s “out and out rape” it will be shut down. So a grope in a pub will slide.

Ie nothing happened to her (again). It’s a hypothetical. The adlib doesn’t make it into the transcript. That said, I believe the whole vicarious victim cos play made her moist.

But, overall I am relieved. The concept of anyone being drunk enough to digitally probe Watson is human-centipede level creepy.

See 2:38.

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Ape+lust wrote:
Man, she's in her element. I don't ever recall her so obviously enjoying a video. This is a woman whose crotch is pulsing like a frightened toad:

I know it's a bit like shooting fish in a barrel, but :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you for watching so that we don't have to, and for pulling out the "highlights" :twatson:

Pseudomonas

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

CommanderTuvok wrote: I'm an atheist and as a result, think "sending prayers" is useless, but so fucking what. I don't feel the need to moan about it and attack people who express themselves in this way. It is just attacking low-hanging fruit.

I wish people good luck & send my condolences with the understanding that I'm not actually conjuring anything into being with my words. Most people get this.
And if I were beheading someone, I'd probably shout "Allahu Ackbar" knowing full well that Allah doesn't exist. There's nothing wrong with invoking familiar cultural phrases to put people at ease in trying moments.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Gary Edwards did a decent thumbnail sketch of the schism in response to Buzzfeed's recent alternative history effort:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Yeah, I saw that - it gives a decent description of the various factions (and their motivations) that were always there from the beginning.

And relatively brief at that!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Easy J wrote:

I wish people good luck & send my condolences with the understanding that I'm not actually conjuring anything into being with my words. Most people get this.
And if I were beheading someone, I'd probably shout "Allahu Ackbar" knowing full well that Allah doesn't exist. There's nothing wrong with invoking familiar cultural phrases to put people at ease in trying moments.
Proof there is no God: There are seven billion people on the planet, a significant percent of which having sex each night and invoking Him as they orgasm. And He has to listen to them all, since He listens to everything. Now, this is the Master of Time, Space and Everything. He can destroy the Earth with a single annoyed thought. And yet, here we are.

Q.E.D.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote: Yeah, I saw that - it gives a decent description of the various factions (and their motivations) that were always there from the beginning.

And relatively brief at that!
It was a nice synopsis, but he should really get better spelling software.

From PZ's post on RW:
It also makes me wonder what they think motivates Rebecca Watson and Melody Hensley. Neither of them have gained a thing from speaking out about harassment...
It's the basis for her entire career! It's how she keeps herself in food, surf boards and mini coopers! It's. Her. Entire. Life. You fucking dimwit.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Bhurzum wrote: Crowder strikes again.

I think he's kind of disingenuous, and he also picks easy targets. If you want serious rebuttal, don't go to a university and pick on naive student; go someplace with seasoned people who can give you a run for your money. He also relies on students not to know, or to call him on, obvious omissions, like that the Vegas shooter was equipped with bump stops which made his weapons effectively automatic; like that if you buy from unlicensed gun show dealers, there are no background checks, etc.

One obvious thing is the controversial take on the origins of the 2nd amendment and that it was meant to "protect citizens from tyrannical government". Highly debatable. The 2nd Amd. had origin right around the time the US was establishing its army (c. 1790). There effectively was no standing army. A "well regulated militia" was vital to the defense of the fledgling country, and there's a strong case to be made that that was the intent and purpose of the 2nd Amd. This doesn't even begin the address the absurdity of the modern argument that citizen militias would or could ever have a chance against the present US Military. Hint: they wouldn't.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Also, technically he's correct that US isn't top of the list in gun violence, but guess where we are? Right beneath latin american countries with high gang and drug related gun death, a few middle eastern countries, some far eastern banana republics and some african countries.

So that's the level of honestly he's dealing.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:25 pm
Pander, pander, pander. This might be the thing that brings Hitchens back from the dead.

https://imgur.com/LAU47Or.jpg
"12" is the percentage.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:52 pm
You seem to have discovered and read the X-rated Cthulhu by HP Lovecraft, hitherto considered lost. Care to share?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Cnutella wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:20 pm
Everyday Feminism unleash two new superheroes in a recent cartoon.
Pretty sure I've seen that one before...

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Hunt wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: Crowder strikes again.

I think he's kind of disingenuous, and he also picks easy targets. If you want serious rebuttal, don't go to a university and pick on naive student; go someplace with seasoned people who can give you a run for your money. He also relies on students not to know, or to call him on, obvious omissions, like that the Vegas shooter was equipped with bump stops which made his weapons effectively automatic; like that if you buy from unlicensed gun show dealers, there are no background checks, etc.

One obvious thing is the controversial take on the origins of the 2nd amendment and that it was meant to "protect citizens from tyrannical government". Highly debatable. The 2nd Amd. had origin right around the time the US was establishing its army (c. 1790). There effectively was no standing army. A "well regulated militia" was vital to the defense of the fledgling country, and there's a strong case to be made that that was the intent and purpose of the 2nd Amd. This doesn't even begin the address the absurdity of the modern argument that citizen militias would or could ever have a chance against the present US Military. Hint: they wouldn't.
There were two rebellions shortly after the Constitution was signed. Shays Rebellion, and The Whisky rebellion. Both were put down by the Federal guvmint with brutal efficiency. Number of Founding Fathers who mentioned that the people rebelling were merely exercising their Second Amendment right to oppose a tyrannical guvmint? ZERO !!!

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Crommunists blog over at FTB is dispensing HIV advice, and yes, it's a bad as you are imagining:

https://debunkingdenialism.com/2012/12/ ... oes-wrong/

Í'm sure it was Heina 'Book, What Book?' Dadabhouy who advocated no condoms for poly sex during the Carrier semen deposit on Oafie's blog. These people really don't get science.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

ignore me, I didn't check the date when it appeared in my twitter feed....2012, someone is twittering wrong

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

HunnyBunny wrote: ignore me, I didn't check the date when it appeared in my twitter feed....2012, someone is twittering wrong
It's easier to ignore you when you are not here.

Which leads to the question:- Why you not here?

Seriously, give us the update HB...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well this may please those pining for the days before Atheism+, or just nostalgic for the old days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1IludQtvNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwXAB6cICG0

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

HunnyBunny wrote: ignore me, I didn't check the date when it appeared in my twitter feed....2012, someone is twittering wrong
That prompted me to check if Crommunist was still blogging on FTB, as I was sure he'd left that pack of imbeciles ages ago. A quick google showed that this was indeed the case, along with this wee gem: Greg Laden whitesplainin racism to Crommie! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I do miss Crommie's blog a little, owing to the occasional guest post by that deranged lolcow Half Fish. Remember him? Or, uh...her? Aside from such pungent nuggets of batshittery such as making a case for HIV positive folks not telling their sexual partners they're infected because of...well, I'm not sure really, Half Fish sticks in my mind because of the occasional insights he'd give into the bizarreness of his everyday life. I still recall the abject strangeness of Half Fish writing a throwaway remark about how he was fired, owing to complaints from his co-workers because he wouldn't stop crying over the death of his pet iguana.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: One obvious thing is the controversial take on the origins of the 2nd amendment and that it was meant to "protect citizens from tyrannical government". Highly debatable.

Yet the Founding Fathers made numerous statements to that effect. It was the local militias -- the "Minute Men" -- that staged the initial rebellion in 1775, and this was on their mind when writing the Bill of Rights.
This doesn't even begin the address the absurdity of the modern argument that citizen militias would or could ever have a chance against the present US Military. Hint: they wouldn't.
The arms kept and borne back then were on par with those of a standing army. Under its original intent, the 2nd Amendment should allow us to keep tactical nukes in our garages. But the local militias referred to no longer exist. Our state National Guards are their descendants and those are fully integrated into the Federal military. And currently all stuck in Afghanistan.

In any case, the 2nd Amendment has jack shit to do with individual citizens owning guns.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Easy J wrote: Gary Edwards did a decent thumbnail sketch of the schism in response to Buzzfeed's recent alternative history effort:

I've been operating under the assumption that if something is written beforehand, edited, and to the point then it wouldn't be allowed on YouTube. Gary Edwards also seems to have read and understood a book (or possibly multiple books) at some point. Other video talking heads could learn a thing or two there. What am I saying. that doesn't generate drama and clicks.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Easy J wrote:

I don't offer prayers as they are demonstrably ineffective but I might deflower a virgin in the name of Satan's just in case.

As far as I know the jury is still out on that one.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Hunt wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 am

Everything we see about social justice warriorism comes from college students (and high school students) who know they know more than everyone else. They have their lived experiences, they have their buzzfeed articles, they have their professors, and their texting and snapchats and finstas.

They join call out culture because they know more.
They sign petitions because they know more.
They go on marches because they know more.
They deny science and biology because they know more.
They demand firings because they know more.
They join antifa because they know more.

In this case we are told to listen to David Hogg because as a survivor in a completely different building, he knows more.

It's a university and these are for the most part, adults. I think it's completely reasonable to demand intelligent informed answers from university students. Instead we get uninformed answers, metooism, and virtue signalling.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Hunt wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:11 am
Also, technically he's correct that US isn't top of the list in gun violence, but guess where we are? Right beneath latin american countries with high gang and drug related gun death, a few middle eastern countries, some far eastern banana republics and some african countries.

So that's the level of honestly he's dealing.
The question is where those gun deaths occur. I would guess that most of them are in the inner cities and related to drugs and gang warfare. In other words, involving people for whom the legality of their weapons is not an issue. The gun issue is far more complicated than the anti-gun lobby likes to make out. The fact is that there is no data on how many crimes/deaths are prevented by personal firearms.According to police, criminals are frequently deterred by the mere presence of a gun. The antis will present statistics about the low incidence of guns being effectively fired in self defence as if this were the whole story. If I were Merkin I'd be asking why my society was so violent before I'd attack gun ownership. Would parents rather their children died in a mass poisoning or carefully planned arson/petrol bomb attack?

Guest_907fc3d6

Post by Guest_907fc3d6 »

Most criminals here couldn't even get you a gun. Most "armed robberies" involving a firearm are BB guns.

CaughtUpLockedOut