There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Guest_810bde84

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Guest_810bde84 »

If SA really wanted to redistribute land and be fair about it, why not say when the current owners die the farms become coops owned by the people who work on them. Not favoured partyy members or large corporations, the actua famr workers who are as much victimised and abused by "land reform" thugs as the honkies are. I have family in SA, I don't know many 20 somethings who want to go into farming anyway, though there are lots who would feel aggrieved at having the value of the land they won't inherit being taken from them and not being able to sit on their arse seeing it go up in value as other people earn 50% of fuck all for doing the actual work.
But that wouldn't allow for handing land out to favoured cronies.

CaughtUpLockedOut

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ah, and of course, Zinnia Jones and her "girlcocks up your ass" tweets.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote: Ah, and of course, Zinnia Jones and her "girlcocks up your ass" tweets.
I know this was a follow on to your earlier post but the accidental placing of this on a new page just under a post on South Africa makes it look like taking a girl cock up the ass is restorative justice for apartheid.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If gender is simply a social construct why isn't the onus on transwomen to reconstruct themselves to fit in with the rest of us instead of the 99.9% of cis people to reconstruct their gender?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I recommend that the trans community follow the lead of their religious brethern/cistern and set up conversion camps. Instead of pray the gay away they could lay on hands for the trans.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:41 am
So... Vice Canada has published an article about how if you don't like a "girlock up your ass" you're being brainwashed by the Evil Cissexist society.
Many trans feminists, including myself, would argue that this sense of disgust isn’t a given in our predetermined sexual identities; it is a flexible frame of mind that can be changed through critical self-reflection. There are plenty of people, including heterosexual men and lesbian women, who might find themselves surprisingly attracted to a trans woman.
:lol:
Let me repeat: I am not saying that it is imperative to be attracted to trans women. I am arguing that your attraction is shaped by preconceived notions and stereotypes of transgender folks. So, no, I am not shaming you because of your sexual orientation. I am merely asking you to critically reflect on the factors that might shape your attractions.
"You're not a bigot, you're just being brainwashed"
Sexuality and gender aren’t simply something that comes from some biological imperative. They are phenomena that are developed through a messy brew of social, cultural, historical, and psychological factors. They can also prove to be lightly malleable if we try to dig into the foundations of how those oppressive structures influence the ways we see and understand the world.
Reparation therapy includes taking cocks up your ass.

Fortunately they're getting roasted on Twitter.

But between Riley Dennis, this article and Sophia Banks, the idea that sexual preferences are "lightly malleable" and one needs to "critically reflect" on one's preferences is becoming more and more popular among trans feminists. It's the logical consequence of believing that everything is a social construct.
Linked from that article is this one:
Why Are Trans People Being Banned From Tinder?
The dating app won’t really explain why it keeps happening.
A number of trans people have come forward with complaints that their Tinder accounts have been suspended or banned without reason.

Recently, YouTuber Kat Blaque brought attention to the issue with a Twitter thread about how Tinder had deleted “every single account” she had created on the app since she initially got it. She wrote, “At this point, it's very very very hard for me to not believe that I am either being targeted by transphobic trolls or being banned because I'm trans.”

Other women interviewed for this article also cited suspicions that transphobic Tinder users had reported their profiles, leading to them being banned.

Tahlia, a 23-year-old trans woman who lives in Austin, experienced similar frustrations on the dating app. She started using Tinder in 2014. In December 2015, not long after she transitioned and marked her gender as “female” on the app, she was banned temporarily for the first time. She said Tinder reinstated her account about a month later after she had sent a number of complaints. But, recently, she had her account banned once again.

“There were two guys I was pretty interested in, we were talking, and they seemed pretty cool—now I don’t really have a way of letting them know what happened,” she told VICE. “They’re probably just going to think I ghosted.”

Tahlia has communicated with Tinder via email about her account issue. To date, after weeks, she still has not had her account reinstated.
Here's one of the subjects of the article. I don't know what she's really complaining about. She's no Zinnia.
And good news: she's getting a vagina and most of it is being paid for by insurance. But she needs your money.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Ah, and of course, Zinnia Jones and her "girlcocks up your ass" tweets.
I know this was a follow on to your earlier post but the accidental placing of this on a new page just under a post on South Africa makes it look like taking a girl cock up the ass is restorative justice for apartheid.
Don't give them ideas.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

So for decades we've been told being a poofter is all in the head, .. "We can't help it, we were born this way" .. but now some nancy boys want to grow tits and start calling themselves Tabitha instead of Tom or Princess Pixie instead of Pete we're supposed to believe all men secretly want to take it up the Arris. Is that it? :?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brave ladies #1

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

They needed a real gun tho, not a snub. The shotgun dude is apparently in critical condition, one of the ladies got a cut.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:58 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Hmm. My mother in law’s best friend - who had her kids at the same time - just had her son stabbed to death in the mountains behind Cape Town. His wife escaped after throwing rocks at the black dude. My wife’s pretty down as she was close to the family and the (then children) when she was growing up.

:bjarte:
That's horrible.

The aim is to terrorize the whites into all leaving, which is what they'll probably end up doing.
Zimbabwe v2.0.

Sub-Saharan Africa has had it bad. First the whites fucked most of them over, now they're fucking themselves over. To the max.
On the bright side, SA will no longer have to put up with all those Zimbabwean immigrants seeking better living conditions.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Seems one of Krauss' main accusers (attempted tit grope) has a chip on her shoulder:

https://womeninscienceaust.org/stem-pro ... e-thomson/
People – often paternalistic senior men in my experience – trying to dissuade me from achieving my ambitions. Comments like ‘You’re too nice, why do you want to do a PhD?’ and ‘I don’t see you as an academic leading your own research group’ are two that stick in my mind from my early days. Thankfully, I’m stubborn and refuse to be pigeon-holed by the roles that other people have picked out for me (which are generally servile in nature!). I overcame these artificial barriers erected by the naysayers, by demonstrating that they were incorrect to assume they could decide my goals for me.

The persistence of the ‘gate keeper’ culture, enforced by the concept of the ‘meritocracy’. It seems to me that you need to be brilliant as well as have the right ‘patronage’. It’s my impression that early or mid-career women in science are often offered the weaker version of ‘mentorship’ versus the full endorsement and real world support of a senior patron. This may be due to implicit or explicit cultural biases within the industry, combined with the pervasive social conditioning of some women, to wait for their talents to be noticed, instead of being proactive, to seek such arrangements.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: If gender is simply a social construct why isn't the onus on transwomen to reconstruct themselves to fit in with the rest of us instead of the 99.9% of cis people to reconstruct their gender?
What part of narcissism don't you get?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Seems one of Krauss' main accusers (attempted tit grope) has a chip on her shoulder:

https://womeninscienceaust.org/stem-pro ... e-thomson/
People – often paternalistic senior men in my experience – trying to dissuade me from achieving my ambitions. Comments like ‘You’re too nice, why do you want to do a PhD?’ and ‘I don’t see you as an academic leading your own research group’ are two that stick in my mind from my early days. Thankfully, I’m stubborn and refuse to be pigeon-holed by the roles that other people have picked out for me (which are generally servile in nature!). I overcame these artificial barriers erected by the naysayers, by demonstrating that they were incorrect to assume they could decide my goals for me.

The persistence of the ‘gate keeper’ culture, enforced by the concept of the ‘meritocracy’. It seems to me that you need to be brilliant as well as have the right ‘patronage’. It’s my impression that early or mid-career women in science are often offered the weaker version of ‘mentorship’ versus the full endorsement and real world support of a senior patron. This may be due to implicit or explicit cultural biases within the industry, combined with the pervasive social conditioning of some women, to wait for their talents to be noticed, instead of being proactive, to seek such arrangements.
No man has ever been discouraged at any point in history.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog is our resident Tinder expert -- how does it work? There's one photo, and if you're attracted you message the person, flirt a little, then set up a time to fuck?

How the hell does this Thalia think it'll play out? Even if she 'passes' in the profile pic, no trans passes for more long in person, especially if the interaction is all about sending & receiving non-verbal sexual messages. And eventually there's got to be the Crying Game reveal. It's completely dishonest to hide behind one carefully posed headshot and save 'oh by the way, I'm trans' until after you meet. Does Thalia hope her hook-up dude will say, 'well, I took two subway lines and paid for drinks and hors d'oeuvres, so I might as well bang a trannie'?

It's just sad.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Oh, I think there are people out there that would want to fuck her.

Possibly not the sort that she wants to want her though. However you feel about the situation there is no denying that there are extra hurdles in place not present in what one might characterise as the more traditional style of relationship, and that the path to romantic bliss is not likely to be strewn with rose petals.

Whether or not this is Tinder's problem is up to them. It's certainly not mine.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If Tinder allows users to define their own gender who the fuck is going to use it? Is Grindr facing the same kind of shit from transwomen insisting lesbians suck their girlcocks?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote: Oh, I think there are people out there that would want to fuck her.

Possibly not the sort that she wants to want her though. However you feel about the situation there is no denying that there are extra hurdles in place not present in what one might characterise as the more traditional style of relationship, and that the path to romantic bliss is not likely to be strewn with rose petals.

Whether or not this is Tinder's problem is up to them. It's certainly not mine.
That's the thing, though, there are lots of people who have it harder than average to find romantic or even sexual mates for one reason or another. That's not oppression, that's life. There's no right to romantic success, because such a right would imply a duty for other people to supply romantic or sexual services, and that goes against consensual approach to romance and sex.

Trans activists really shouldn't want to die on that hill, people do not take it kindly when you say that their preferences are social brainwashing and that they should consider "social pressure". This is especially true for people who have been told by other social groups, like religious groups, that they needed to change through the right amount of "social" pressure.

If you read the Twitter comments to the Vice article about how "trans exclusionary preferences" are a product of patriarchal brainwashing pretty much ALL of them are VERY critical of the idea. The TERFs are crowing that they told us so and that trans women are men trying to convince women to date them. Many LGBT people are drawing parallels to Christian re-education camps. And of course straight people of all political stripes are against it for obvious reasons.

If the trans activists carry on insisting that people who don't want to fuck them are being socially brainwashed or bigoted they're going to alienate the VAST majority not only of society, but of progressives, and even large parts of the SocJus. It's really not worth it and they should just give up.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Shatterface wrote: If Tinder allows users to define their own gender who the fuck is going to use it? Is Grindr facing the same kind of shit from transwomen insisting lesbians suck their girlcocks?
Grindr is gay males. Maybe there's a few transmen on there but the vast majority of transmen are attracted to women.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

like a pig in shit, peez is dancing on LK's anticipates grave.

And then, this morning, this article appears: Science Organizations Cancel Lawrence Krauss Events After Sexual Harassment Allegations. Like
lightning, within days of the big, thoroughly-sourced article documenting Krauss’s shenanigans, the speaking engagements are sublimating away, leaving nothing but a greasy smear on floor of his reputation. He’s lost the odd event with Sam Harris last night, NECSS has announced that they don’t plan to invite him to future events, MIT cancelled an event, the American Physical Society has dropped him from their annual meeting — he has been Harvey Weinsteined practically overnight.

There are a few exceptions ...
He then proceeds to lay into CFI.

Radford is lucky he had his moment outside of the #himtoo circus.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

hmm. that post of mine was a mess. but you get the idea.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote: like a pig in shit, peez is dancing on LK's anticipates grave.

And then, this morning, this article appears: Science Organizations Cancel Lawrence Krauss Events After Sexual Harassment Allegations. Like
lightning, within days of the big, thoroughly-sourced article documenting Krauss’s shenanigans, the speaking engagements are sublimating away, leaving nothing but a greasy smear on floor of his reputation. He’s lost the odd event with Sam Harris last night, NECSS has announced that they don’t plan to invite him to future events, MIT cancelled an event, the American Physical Society has dropped him from their annual meeting — he has been Harvey Weinsteined practically overnight.

There are a few exceptions ...
He then proceeds to lay into CFI.

Radford is lucky he had his moment outside of the #himtoo circus.
The chickenshit can't go a day without lying.

https://imgur.com/mtY4OJM.jpg

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Fuck yeah!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IR2wwvcep4

and some morehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OogUINE3Tqo

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I think I may have given Malady Hensley's best friend PTSD, too.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The God Delusion is 99p in today's Kindle Daily Deal.

free thoughtpolice

On Ed Brayton's blog you can call a man a creep but you can not call a woman a skank. That is sexism.
karmacat abear • a day ago
If Watson was the only accusing Krausse of bad behavior, your comment would be relevant. You don’t even address the main topic which os Krausse. And when you say “her gang is skanky party girls” I seriously doubt you are a feminist.

•Reply•Share ›
abear karmacat • a day ago
I suppose you would be alright with calling a man that came up to a woman he had never met and offered to impregnate her a creep, but a woman that does the same to a man can't be called a skank? I guess you are the type of feminist that doesn't believe in equal treatment for men and women when they misbehave. This whispering campaign has been underway by a malignant clique of a dozen or so losers that wanted to be more important in the "atheist movement" than they ultimately were and just can't stop slandering and backstabbing the more successful authors and speakers. Watson still hates Dawkins so much for telling her that she and her friends were making too big of a deal out of someone making an awkward pass at her in an elevator that years later she uses an interview in Buzzfeed to berate him. Love the way she mocked and ridiculed him when he had a stroke.
If that isn't skank material, I don't know what is and believe me, she isn't the only one from that crowd that engages in that sort of behavior.

•Edit•Reply•Share ›
ebrayton Mod abear • 18 hours ago
Okay, we're done here. Coming to a discussion about the sexual harassment of women and calling them skanks crosses every conceivable line. Fuck off now.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:09 pm
Shatterface wrote: Looking for a new career.

Do brothels still hire piano players?

Is it the kind of business where punters say, hey, you know that brothel on Xxx Street? I hear they have a new piano player - what say we check it out?
DeLurch already snagged that gig.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: On Ed Brayton's blog you can call a man a creep but you can not call a woman a skank. That is sexism.
If Watson was the only accusing Krausse of bad behavior, your comment would be relevant. You don’t even address the main topic which os Krausse. And when you say “her gang is skanky party girls” I seriously doubt you are a feminist.

•Reply•Share ›
I suppose you would be alright with calling a man that came up to a woman he had never met and offered to impregnate her a creep, but a woman that does the same to a man can't be called a skank? I guess you are the type of feminist that doesn't believe in equal treatment for men and women when they misbehave. This whispering campaign has been underway by a malignant clique of a dozen or so losers that wanted to be more important in the "atheist movement" than they ultimately were and just can't stop slandering and backstabbing the more successful authors and speakers. Watson still hates Dawkins so much for telling her that she and her friends were making too big of a deal out of someone making an awkward pass at her in an elevator that years later she uses an interview in Buzzfeed to berate him. Love the way she mocked and ridiculed him when he had a stroke.
If that isn't skank material, I don't know what is and believe me, she isn't the only one from that crowd that engages in that sort of behavior.

•Edit•Reply•Share ›
Okay, we're done here. Coming to a discussion about the sexual harassment of women and calling them skanks crosses every conceivable line. Fuck off now.
You've earned the John Greg Memorial Cruising For A Banning' Medal.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Buzzfeed reported that Krauss put his face close up to Malady's and commented on her make-up. The implication is he was hitting on her. It could just as well have been: 'Holy Mackerel! You lay that shit on with a trowel?'

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Does Thalia hope her hook-up dude will say, 'well, I took two subway lines and paid for drinks and hors d'oeuvres, so I might as well bang a trannie'?

It's just sad.
There aren't any subways in Austin Texas

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I think I may have given Malady Hensley's best friend PTSD, too.
Vibrators can get PTSD ???

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Guest_810bde84 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:44 am
If SA really wanted to redistribute land and be fair about it, why not say when the current owners die the farms become coops owned by the people who work on them. Not favoured partyy members or large corporations, the actua famr workers who are as much victimised and abused by "land reform" thugs as the honkies are. I have family in SA, I don't know many 20 somethings who want to go into farming anyway, though there are lots who would feel aggrieved at having the value of the land they won't inherit being taken from them and not being able to sit on their arse seeing it go up in value as other people earn 50% of fuck all for doing the actual work.
But that wouldn't allow for handing land out to favoured cronies.

CaughtUpLockedOut
Coops in South Africa usually degenerate into a fight over who draws the biggest salary from the operating budget while the business falls apart. Working on a farm and being a farmer are two entirely different things. A farmer needs a wide range of knowledge, most of which is well beyond the average farm worker. Modern farming isn't just a matter of throwing some seeds in the ground and reaping some profit. There is a lot of very expensive machinery involved which takes a lot to maintain, crops need to be monitored and chemicals administered at the correct times. Knowing the local culture it is unlikely that the required investment in equipment maintenance would be made or that consideration would be given to long term viability. The saying "there's no word for maintenance in the Xhosa language" doesn't come from nowhere. The number of people who would benefit from the takeover of farms is miniscule compared to the number of unemployed. The loss of revenue from the agricultural sector and the effect on food availability and prices will far outweigh any benefit. The whole thing is just populist bullshit.

I'm becoming more disillusioned every day about this country. The endless corruption and incompetence and degeneration of city centres into shitholes doesn't leave much room for positivity. Idiots believe that the end Zuma's asset stripping reign is some sort of new beginning. Ramaphosa's speech to parliament was just a rehash of all of the pie-in-the-sky bullshit we've heard so many times before, delivered by a man who had Zuma's back until it became convenient to turn on him. This is the guy who oversaw the Marikana massacre. :cdc:

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote: On Ed Brayton's blog you can call a man a creep but you can not call a woman a skank. That is sexism.

•Reply•Share ›

•Edit•Reply•Share ›
"Every conceivable line," you asshole. There is literally nothing you could do to a woman than to say what you did. Now that you are banned for privileging a patriarchal rapist misogynist over a bedridden victim, you have time to think about how not being forced to have sex with a man can make you demand to be allowed to work from bed except for the fun days.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Better video of the two brave women, shows the shotgun, and how the guy almost/did take the mother's gun away.

Surprisingly few busted bottles after all that, but also makes me think there's a lot to be said for a traditional phone with dedicated phone buttons, one being speed dial to 911.

more

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

That sad part is, none of that gets Ed Brayton laid.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

•Reply•Share ›

•Edit•Reply•Share ›
Name calling is literally worse than rape. I. Can't. Even.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:

The chickenshit can't go a day without lying.

https://imgur.com/mtY4OJM.jpg
I tweeted your image at him. He deleted it. :-(

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Just watched “The Final Year”. What struck me was the disconnect between the aspirational vision that the US could launch a values driven push for world peace, the coupled BS speeches “we need a new way of looking at war...” and the actual achievements.

Libya. Strike.
Afghanistan. Strike.
Syria. Strike.
Korea. Strike.
Europe. Strike.
Yemen. Strike.
‘Get them back their girls’. Strike.
ISIS. Strike.
US homefront. Strike.

Obama’s best and brightest, with all their passion, experience and wild eyed sunny-side-up dispositions could only deliver sub-trump deliverables.

:think:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: That sad part is, none of that gets Ed Brayton laid.
I dunno, he's probably into Splooshing.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

•Reply•Share ›

•Edit•Reply•Share ›
Rule number one of social justice arguments: Never engage with an opponent's argument, particularly not when you can attack them for the words they used to make it.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Just watched “The Final Year”. What struck me was the disconnect between the aspirational vision that the US could launch a values driven push for world peace, the coupled BS speeches “we need a new way of looking at war...” and the actual achievements.

Libya. Strike.
Afghanistan. Strike.
Syria. Strike.
Korea. Strike.
Europe. Strike.
Yemen. Strike.
‘Get them back their girls’. Strike.
ISIS. Strike.
US homefront. Strike.

Obama’s best and brightest, with all their passion, experience and wild eyed sunny-side-up dispositions could only deliver sub-trump deliverables.

:think:
The idea of bringing world peace is a pie-in-the-sky project, but in many of those cases (Syria, Yemen, ISIS, Boko Haram) to get even small results the US would have had to interfere with some Saudi projects to spread their ideas for a caliphate, and that's a big no-no in the US, where the Saudi Arabia lobby is very powerful. Saudi investments in the US include financing of think tanks, university, the media.

People rightly complain about Russian trolling and collusion saying that it hinders American interests and projects, but nobody bats an eye when Saudi shills openly attack anyone who suggests to stop funding Salafi militias in Syria as an Assad fan or an Islamophobe, or when Saudi media whores try to spin a coup within the Saudi hierarchy as "liberal reform". Yemen is also selectively downplayed by the media,, because if they reported on it massively and honestly it'd be clear to everyone that the Saudis are involved in a genocidal project against the Houthi there. And before the Saudi/Qatari split everyone touted Al-Jazeera, a Qatari propaganda rag, as a reliable source of good journalism, when it's basically on the same level of RT or Sputnik.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Those two women need some weapons training, especially the younger one. She almost shot her mom when she was grappling with the perp. They are lucky to be alive...the guy ended up with the mom’s gun.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

mordacious1 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 pm
Those two women need some weapons training, especially the younger one. She almost shot her mom when she was grappling with the perp. They are lucky to be alive...the guy ended up with the mom’s gun.
Pretty sure though, that if there had been sound captured, we would have heard the daughter say, "get away from her, you bitch!"

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

You’re no longer allowed to stare at hookers in the window:
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/2 ... okers.html

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Zinnia's behavior makes one think all Weinstein would have had to do to be absolved of his many sins was declare himself trans.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Pee-Ziddy Dog shows he's down with the colored kids:

http://goo.gl/7yx3fm

(Even though we all know that if he ever met a black person on a dark street he'd be terrified.)

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

mordacious1 wrote: Those two women need some weapons training, especially the younger one. She almost shot her mom when she was grappling with the perp. They are lucky to be alive...the guy ended up with the mom’s gun.
My hair was standing on end when she took that shot! Very nearly a tragedy that would haunt her for the rest of her days. Still, at least the criminal won the wet t-shirt contest in the end.

Aye, there's a lot to be said for a little bit of weapon training and honing of controlled aggression - a wee double-tap (or two) followed by a coup de grâce would have ended that very quickly. Mind you, it's easy to say that from the comfort of my beanbag...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

mordacious1 wrote: Those two women need some weapons training, especially the younger one. She almost shot her mom when she was grappling with the perp. They are lucky to be alive...the guy ended up with the mom’s gun.
Word is that ‘mom’ is real happy she forewent the shotgun as emergency reserve.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:41 am
So... Vice Canada has published an article about how if you don't like a "girlock up your ass" you're being brainwashed by the Evil Cissexist society.
Many trans feminists, including myself, would argue that this sense of disgust isn’t a given in our predetermined sexual identities; it is a flexible frame of mind that can be changed through critical self-reflection. There are plenty of people, including heterosexual men and lesbian women, who might find themselves surprisingly attracted to a trans woman.
:lol:
Let me repeat: I am not saying that it is imperative to be attracted to trans women. I am arguing that your attraction is shaped by preconceived notions and stereotypes of transgender folks. So, no, I am not shaming you because of your sexual orientation. I am merely asking you to critically reflect on the factors that might shape your attractions.
"You're not a bigot, you're just being brainwashed"
Sexuality and gender aren’t simply something that comes from some biological imperative. They are phenomena that are developed through a messy brew of social, cultural, historical, and psychological factors. They can also prove to be lightly malleable if we try to dig into the foundations of how those oppressive structures influence the ways we see and understand the world.
Reparation therapy includes taking cocks up your ass.

Fortunately they're getting roasted on Twitter.

But between Riley Dennis, this article and Sophia Banks, the idea that sexual preferences are "lightly malleable" and one needs to "critically reflect" on one's preferences is becoming more and more popular among trans feminists. It's the logical consequence of believing that everything is a social construct.
At least with all this crap I can understand why transfeminists are pushing it. Pretty clear self-interest motivation.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

"NBC Columnist Claims Space Travel Is 'Patriarchal' And An Example Of 'Toxic Masculinity'"

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27467/nb ... nservative

"A "feminism and gender" writer on NBC's News' "Think" platform — an open-source publishing platform for "engaging" content — has declared Elon Musk's mission to send a manned spaceflight to Mars in order to establish a presence on the "red planet" "Patriarchal," and an example of "toxic masculinity" and male privilege.

Marcie Bianco who, apparently, is the "managing editor of the Clayman Institute for Gender Research at Stanford University," took aim at Musk and other space enthusiasts in her essay titled (of course), "The Patriarchal Race To Colonize Mars Is Just Another Example Of Male Entitlement.""...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Easy J wrote: "NBC Columnist Claims Space Travel Is 'Patriarchal' And An Example Of 'Toxic Masculinity'"

"A "feminism and gender" writer on NBC's News' "Think" platform — an open-source publishing platform for "engaging" content — has declared Elon Musk's mission to send a manned spaceflight to Mars in order to establish a presence on the "red planet" "Patriarchal," and an example of "toxic masculinity" and male privilege.

Marcie Bianco who, apparently, is the "managing editor of the Clayman Institute for Gender Research at Stanford University," took aim at Musk and other space enthusiasts in her essay titled (of course), "The Patriarchal Race To Colonize Mars Is Just Another Example Of Male Entitlement.""...
In the future China will colonize space, and the US will be bogged down by the endless meetings with the alien-kin delegations which will be blabbing about how comes that their space missions aren't representing them :bjarte:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Easy J wrote: "NBC Columnist Claims Space Travel Is 'Patriarchal' And An Example Of 'Toxic Masculinity'"

Just wait until she hears about the vagina shaped docking station.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Feminists should retaliate by colonising Venus. Let's see how they get on with sulphuric acid clouds and nobody to open the pickles.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I'm probably enjoying this more than it's healthy, but still, this is funny as hell.
America as a fucking moron who's also a nasty asshole for a President, but Canada has another fucking moron for a Prime Minister, the difference is that he's an awkward wimp.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

German women who don't want to get raped are 'Nazi Scum'

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Kirbmarc wrote: I'm probably enjoying this more than it's healthy, but still, this is funny as hell.
America as a fucking moron who's also a nasty asshole for a President, but Canada has another fucking moron for a Prime Minister, the difference is that he's an awkward wimp.
I'm not sure which guy is more embarrassing. Each one is a caricature of everything wrong with their side of the spectrum and both men are dimwits. As much as I hate trump, I might have actually voted for him if I got a choice between him and trudeau.

Yeah the picture is funny, but it's a little too believable.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Easy J wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:08 am
"NBC Columnist Claims Space Travel Is 'Patriarchal' And An Example Of 'Toxic Masculinity'"

I take this sort of braying more seriously than some on here do.
The reason?
Codes of Conduct and the ADA Iniatative and James Damore and the largely successful feminist attack on science and technology that has been going on for probably about 30 years now.
Why do I say it is successful? After all, aren't STEM and most types of scientific research still overwhelmingly done by men, and even more so those evil white male oppressors, and their, I guess, presumed Asian male lapdogs? Yes, but:
A. Sexual harrasment law and policy continues to get ever more broad and nuttier by the decade, sometimes by the year. Compare 'old' COC policies to most new ones. Compare SH law from the early 90's to that of today. Consider the power of Social Media to ruin reputations. And consider that most sciedntific grant organizations now tie recepients of grants to strict "no tolerance' policies on even once having one of their members receive even a minor sanction for said secular sin.
B. The Media war has been lost ever since at least the early 90's. Every headline almost always assumes the truth of the most scandalous accusations. The Mainstream narrative is that somehow Women were driven out of STEM (for instance) even though that is historically inaccurate. Most people don't get that the vast majority of new male programmers starting from the early 90's to the early maybe even mid aughts didn't have any formal computer science education as it wasn't (and often STILL isn't ) needed. That women made up 30 percent or something of Computer Science courses didn't mean that they made up anywhere near that amount of the much larger horde of less formally educated (but often still well self educated) "Computer Nerds" who invaded the field when the internet boom went off. Anyway, even though the large amount of men in the computer industry have been made the press's whipping boys for 20 something years now, they still presume shock when they find any REAL misogyny - after spending decades complaining of misogyny and allowing their targets no voice to defend themselves.
C. Read Damore's lawsuit. Not what is SAID about it, find the lawsuit and read it. I have. It makes some pretty shocking allegations if true. It seems the companies themselves are operating under semi-formal quota systems for everything from hiring to promotions.
D. Tech gurus like Eric S Raymond and Linus Torvalds practice precautions when around lots of women because they feel that they can be taken down by a single accusation. Imagine if #Metoo's tech women went after Linus Torvalds and the press (as usual) went to bat for them and only them. Imagine all the people pulling money or support from the Kernal effort...
Now, I consider Elon Musk (due to his multiplanetary asperations) probably the most important tech guy in the world today. And I worry about Space X constantly. I thank Whatever Power (might or might not) exist in the Universe that Justine didn't mess with his time with kids (probably would crush him), that Ms Riley (2nd wife) hasn't thrown any horrid accusations his way and that (almost alone of the tech companies) his companies usually get positive press.
E. In some European countries they've already done things like make laws saying that say 40 percent of your Board of Directors has to be Women. I know quite a few here who would LOVE to have that law.

Anyway, I think downright quotas is what feminists and other progressives who deal with tech WANT. I also feel they love to hurt and humiliate the men in tech, esp the white men. And I do feel that some of them would like nothing more than crushing Elon Musks dreams and because of their institutional support, I don't think that is entirely impossible for them. He will have to be careful.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Service Dog is our resident Tinder expert -- how does it work? There's one photo, and if you're attracted you message the person, flirt a little, then set up a time to fuck?

How the hell does this Thalia think it'll play out? Even if she 'passes' in the profile pic, no trans passes for more long in person, especially if the interaction is all about sending & receiving non-verbal sexual messages. And eventually there's got to be the Crying Game reveal. It's completely dishonest to hide behind one carefully posed headshot and save 'oh by the way, I'm trans' until after you meet. Does Thalia hope her hook-up dude will say, 'well, I took two subway lines and paid for drinks and hors d'oeuvres, so I might as well bang a trannie'?

It's just sad.
One fishy thing about the article is the tranny complaining about s/h/it's account being suspended back in 2014-- the first year Tinder existed. Tinder was just a small, independently-created app back-then. It was buggy & support couldn't keep up with user-growth & the developers simply hadn't figured-out how to solve certain conundrums, yet. A side-effect of believing in The Patriarchy, is believing that it's an all-powerful conspiracy-- so anything which doesn't work perfectly is a deliberate, targetted attack by Central Planning. So the Progressive way to solve any complex social issue is shouting "I'd Like To Speak To The Manager! I demand satisfaction!", never thinking-up & implementing a solution yourself.

Circa 2015, I recall gay guys on Tinder discussing whether to sign-up as Men Seeking Men (thus advertising themselves to other gay guys) or to mis-identify themselves as Women Seeking Men in-order-to have their pictures shown to men who had selected to only be shown Women. The latter gays were hoping to win-over guys whose heterosexuality was easily tested with the very-least temptation of being shown a picture of a dude.

Tinder has changed a lot since 2014, including being acquired by the SJW-friendly Facebook. SJWs demanded that Tinder offer more user-genders than Male & Female, & the complainers got what they asked for. Of course the SJWs are now upset when Cis users want the Trans types to actually label themselves by the labels they previously demanded.

As best I recall, from 1 year ago, Tinder only gave me the options of 'I am Male/Female' looking for a Male/Female/Either' ...and me choosing "I am a Man looking for Women" did NOT filter-out the new genders from being offered to me.... it only filtered-out those who had identified themselves as Males.

I think each user also has the power to choose whether their gender-label appears directly-under their photo. Or not.

In NYC, there were tons of gender-nonconformists presented to me, despite my women-only filter settings. There were baroque drag queens, not-even-trying Muscatos, and lots of grubby art school students who were no-so-much feminine as indistinguishable from actual female art students with poor hygene & terrible haircuts. Some labelled themselves Transwomen under the photos, and some didn't. Also, quite a few pretentious young females also labelled themselves as Trans or Genderfluid or Gender-Nonconforming or whatever... as a political statement... so the labels didn't automatically mean 'no god-given vagina'.

It slowed-down my ability to quickly swipe Yes/No on dozens of women in minutes...so I chose the efficient route of swiping-quickly/ getting some false-positives/ and then immediately blocking those, after-the-fact, if they subsequently 'matched' with me.

The gayest thing I've ever done is have phone sex with someone from Tinder, allegedly female, who I never met in person. Maybe s/h/it had a cock? She certainly might not have been the slim young asian from a western cowboy-state, as she claimed.

free thoughtpolice

I suspect The Deep State has a plan to send some of our excess women (read feminists) to Mars to prevent them from coming and taking who they want.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:53 am
Feminists should retaliate by colonising Venus. Let's see how they get on with sulphuric acid clouds and nobody to open the pickles.
If I were a cloud of sulphuric acid and Jessica Valenti landed in me, I'd spontaneously dissolve myself.