There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Barbie's Boyfriend
.
.
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:29 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1921

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 am

CommanderTuvok wrote: Has anybody else noticed there seems to be some weird push in the UK to bring back public drinking fountains?

In my youth, there were always rumours that somebody had pissed all over the drinking area, or smeared snot, bogies, faeces or cum all over the tap. That made an impact on the young Commander, and I have avoided public drinking fountains since.

Saying that, I agree that overpriced mineral water in plastic bottles is a waste.
I think you mean overpriced TAP H2O that came outta the faucet at the bottling plant

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10620
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1922

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:34 am

Kirbmarc wrote: The worse adaptation of a Stephen King book is The Tommyknockers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heDRulEJ3t8
I see Mukrato appears in that at 0:10. Cool 'tache!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10620
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1923

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:43 am

Muskrato.

Billie from Ockham
.
.
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1924

Post by Billie from Ockham » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Lsuoma wrote: Muskrato.
Am I the only one who hears* a certain Captain and Tennille song when that epithet is used?

* subject to current dosage, of course

Guest_d2e60302

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1925

Post by Guest_d2e60302 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:52 pm





How long until we claims that "Clean your room" is a dog whistle to Nazis?

TheMudbrooker
.
.
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:15 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1926

Post by TheMudbrooker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:



How long until we claims that "Clean your room" is a dog whistle to Nazis?
How about making your bed?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iaGn8pqQQE

gurugeorge
.
.
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1927

Post by gurugeorge » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:18 pm

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:10 am
gurugeorge wrote: Incidentally, I had a brainstorm the other day: socialism is actually Right-wing, national socialism is the true native form of it.
When you project a multi-dimensional space onto a single axis, you can have brainstorms of this sort almost every day.
The problem is that the standard way of conceiving the "multi-dimensional space" doesn't actually make a lot of sense, whereas the single axis is tenacious and people have an instinctive sense that it's actually the correct way to look at politics. If you make this one little shift, a lot clicks into place.

1. The original distinction in the 17th and 18th centuries was between an ideology that was universalist, individualist, progressive, rationalist, democratic, etc., which stood against a traditionalist, religious hierarchical social structure with settled social relations where everyone has a place. That's the core sense of a Left/Right divide. It is unavoidably a linear axis, with both economic freedom and libertarianism at one end, and central direction of an economy and authoritarianism at the other end.

2. As the effects of the Left-wing ideology (of that time) started to dissolve the settled social bonds of the past, and create an unsettled, ever-changing economic and social landscape, a certain kind of nostalgia set in for the older system, an inner pulling-back from the logical implications of liberalism in terms of the atomization of society into self-motivated, self-responsible individuals + a minimal state. An ideology developed within the Left that sought to achieve Left-wing goals by Right-wing means. This was birth of socialism - Owen, Fourier, etc. Socialism is an attempt to have the older kind of settled, centrally-directed social structure, but on a rational basis involving universalist/humanist/individualist ideals, without the old hierarchy of kingship, aristocracy, etc. Marxism is weighted even more towards liberalism, but it still seeks centralized authoritarian control as a means to a liberal end.

But the trouble is you can't mix those two: hierarchy, settled social roles and central control of the economy are immiscible with universalism, individualism, democratization, etc. The ineluctable logic of liberalism is towards anarcho-capitalism. (Lockean/Constitutional liberalism simply retains government as "training wheels" on the road to that.) The opposite of that logical tendency is backwards towards the Right, towards settled social hierarchy, central (therefore necessarily authoritarian) control of the economy.

3. What's actually happened is that "cherries" picked from the clusters of ideas that logically go together on the extremes of Left and Right have been flipped over from time to time. The classic example is as above: the idea that you can attain liberal ends (the fruits of prosperity and progress that arise from a capitalist system) by authoritarian means (central control of the economy).

4. Fascism was a more clear-sighted understanding of what socialism actually is - it is actually a return to almost EVERYTHING that was Right-wing about the Old Right, EXCEPT the subjection of the Crown to a notionally transcendent, religious authority.

5. In this sense, it's the socialist Left that's delusional, that's sleepwalking, thinking it's one thing while it's actually something else - and this is the reason why Communist systems will inevitably "horseshoe" into Fascism. They are simply un-self-aware Fascism imagining that what they're doing is all about equality, etc. In fact they will always devolve to hierarchical, authoritarian systems.

Shatterface
.
.
Posts: 5898
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:05 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1928

Post by Shatterface » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:18 pm

Billie from Ockham wrote:
BillHampReturns wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:34 am
Most of what Kubrick did was crap. The Shining was no exception. End of story.
I thought that the work that he did for NASA in the late 1960s was pretty good.
I can't remember why I have BillHampReturns on ignore. It might have something to do with his level of debate.

Billie from Ockham
.
.
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1929

Post by Billie from Ockham » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:33 pm

I have a slightly different view, GuruG. I believe that people are oddly comfortable with a one-dimensional view of politics because the people that they encounter are easily (but not accurately) forced into a small number of clusters that have similarity statistics that allow said clusters to be treated as existing on a single dimension. We (as humans) have the tendency to use the simplest metric that allows us to track the relevant information. If we can classify people (or objects) on a single dimension, we'll do so. We only use a more complex space when the people or items being classified require it. And a combination of the two-party system in the US and the idiots who get the most attention continues to allow us to use a single dimension. It's nothing "deeper" than that, IMO.

Guest_d2e60302

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1930

Post by Guest_d2e60302 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:58 pm



Dan Arel is looking for a logo.

If I had any skills I'd draw a yappy dog, ouroboros like, trying to suck its own tiny little dick. Or maybe a pig, ouroboros like, with its ass eating its head.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12373
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1931

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Shatterface wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:25 pm
I've never seen Firestarter.

I've never understood the fuss about Shawshank Redemption. It's not a bad movie by any means but I don't understand the adoration it gets, like it's the best movie ever.
Cuz Morgan Freeman narrates it. Morgan Freeman could narrate a clip of a bunch of mealy worms crawling around on a plate, and it would be up for an Oscar.

DrokkIt
.
.
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1932

Post by DrokkIt » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:26 pm

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 am

Peterson thinks "Crumb" is the best documentary he's ever seen.
Says: "If you really want to know what a rapist thinks, watch that"

I think it's a great film, also a deep insight into an entirely psychotic family. Crumbs mother and brothers are like something in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip-off. Totally crazy people.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12373
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1933

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:27 pm



Dan Arel is looking for a logo.

Here, Dan -- this one's not in use at the moment:

DDR_Wappen.gif
(26.25 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12373
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1934

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Shatterface wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 am


https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... Tn6ZB2pCWe

I didn't know Vikings wore cardigans.
You can tell that's an authentic Viking cardigan, as the words "Allahu Akbar" are knitted into the pattern.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10314
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1935

Post by free thoughtpolice » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:45 pm

Drokkit wrote:
I think it's a great film, also a deep insight into an entirely psychotic family. Crumbs mother and brothers are like something in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip-off. Totally crazy people.
What I recall from seeing the documentary is how honest they were about how fucked up the family was. Usually people don't go on camera to talk about the crazy old lady in the attic- this was a whole family of crazy ladies in the attic.

DrokkIt
.
.
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1936

Post by DrokkIt » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Post the Newman interview, various people I know have found Peterson.

This has divided them a fair bit, here is a typical response from someone *very against* him on being told "some of his ideas are good".
The right have adopted him enthusiastically because he bitterly derides LGBT movements and "social justice warriors" and the left in general i.e. being a bad faith actor for the right and an obvious bigot. That actually is reason enough to stop considering someone's contributions valuable, there's a lot of bullshit I don't give my time to for the similar reasons. If there's something reasonable about him I can get the same thing from a reasonable person. But having the appearance of good faith is a) fundamental to effective bad faith and b) pretty standard branding for "classical liberal" shitheads.
I'm sure you will all enjoy that storm of circular logic.

Really?
.
.
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1937

Post by Really? » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:46 pm

From this unwanted email to a colleague, it looks as though that harassing friend of Hillary graduated from Dr. Richard Carrier PhD.'s Online School of Seduction.
There’s no need to react to this email… Don’t want you jumping at me :) I’m thinking about you… Mercy I hope you’re having a good evening… I haven’t met anyone as amazing as you are in a very long time… And its [sic] ALL of you that’s amazing… The whole package [name redacted]. You have an internal and external poise and beauty that is so compelling. People are better off for knowing you. I count myself at the top of that list. You bring so much more into a relationship than I ever could… Look, I can’t type as much as I’d like on this bb. And you don’t want to hear it all… And you likely don’t benefit that much from what I have to say… I just want you to understand how valuable you are in the lives of people who encounter you and that its [sic] all of you that makes you that way… I hope you understand what I’m saying… You’re filling my mind tonight so I needed to share.
Hope, Joy, Celebration
Burns
https://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/hil ... harassment

windy
.
.
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 am
Location: Tom of Finland-land
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1938

Post by windy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Shatterface wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:57 pm
fuzzy wrote:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
So you're saying Lauren would yip some for a dollar, sit with with Ahmet, consecrate a pissing clit, and said d'oh she was a Mod with a temper and incidental work who would give you a magnum of liquor for a dollar?
I think he's saying we should model society on lobsters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByK19LSltQ



VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1941

Post by VickyCaramel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Brive1987 wrote: He has a point.

He forgot #ReleaseTheMemo

Old_ones
.
.
Posts: 2135
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: An hour's drive from Hell.
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1942

Post by Old_ones » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:06 pm

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:

Dan Arel is looking for a logo.

If I had any skills I'd draw a yappy dog, ouroboros like, trying to suck its own tiny little dick. Or maybe a pig, ouroboros like, with its ass eating its head.
I found one for him:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W0dkeh7RocY/T ... h+xray.jpg

Guest_d2e60302

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1943

Post by Guest_d2e60302 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:43 pm



Guest_d2e60302

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1945

Post by Guest_d2e60302 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:40 pm

That SNL Aziz Ansari sketch is a Rorschach. Conservatives saying that SNL is roasting libtards, Liberals saying SNL is making fun of how normie liberals still can't talk about consent and so shows how much more feminist indoctrination is needed

https://www.themarysue.com/snl-timesup-aziz-ansari/

What I enjoyed was the Mary Sue's take on this:



Which obviously mocks Jerry Lee Lewis (and Chuck Berry)

I couldn’t decide where I landed on this one, so I’m curious to see what you all thought. When I first watched it, I really enjoyed the premise and the way it captured the “surprise” of realizing that some old songs are way creepier than you remembered. It felt very realistic, like the first time you realize that the lyrics of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” take a super-predatory turn, or when you find out ABBA wrote a song called, “Does Your Mother Know.” But there’s something inherently uncomfortable about making a jaunty punch line out of … well, abuse. I watched the skit twice, and I felt differently about it each time.

The skit is structured in such a way that the laugh lines are about a dude preying on children. And I recognize that it’s the shock factor, and the realization of what he’s saying, that’s meant to make you laugh, rather than the content of the lines themselves. But as they accumulated, it started to feel more like the punchline was the sad-sack humor of creeping on thirteen-year-olds, and that’s not funny stuff for me.


So here's ABBA:



So some part of the net thinks this song IS creepy. Rocker dude talking to young girl, she is flirting with him, and ooh creepy. But mostly what he is doing is acknowledging she is growing up now, but is still too young, does your mother know you're here. How is that creepy?

Well, we're in the new Victorian Age I guess. Can't wait till the sexual revolution is rebooted.

MacGruberKnows
.
.
Posts: 1768
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1946

Post by MacGruberKnows » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:30 pm

I thought STD - Star Trek Discovery - actually got a lot more interesting tonight. The weird diversion into the alternate dimension actually adds a lot to the overall story-arc of war with the Klingons as it will finally play out. The alternate universe's Captain Philippa Georgiou is brought back to this reality. I thought the first captain would be showing up in a bunch of annoying dreams and flashbacks, but no, her evil/complex alternate now appears set to be a regular character in the series. Plus, coming back 9 months later with the Klingons apparent victors, good plot development. Really thought it was falling off the rails, but they made it worth watching again.

Plus, Sonequa Martin-Green is really really good. I completely believe her character. I'll put it this way, she should have been Rey.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11855
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1947

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:53 pm

On the other hand, I thought the last Vikings episode was awful. They should avoid LSD when they edit their stuff.

MacGruberKnows
.
.
Posts: 1768
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1948

Post by MacGruberKnows » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:06 am

Guest_d2e60302 wrote: https://www.themarysue.com/snl-timesup-aziz-ansari/
It felt very realistic, like the first time you realize that the lyrics of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” take a super-predatory turn,
Bwahahahahaaaa! Only 300lb manly dykes and PZ Myers bitches could come up with that take on that song cause any feminine female thinks the original is sexy as hell.

Super-predatory - LOL! - the song may be responsible for a lot of CONSENSUAL sex happening around the holiday months, but for all of the real-life murder shows I've watched, it's never once been established or even hinted at as the cause of one rape or death.

Here is the super-sexy SJW politically world Myers et-al wish to usher us into:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amK4U4pCTB8

The comments say it all.

These loser cucks cannot understand human sexuality cause they are all fucking hormonal/social misfit abominations.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1949

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:22 am

“Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance”

I wonder if the good civic nationalists of Rome tolerated “Warriors of the Samnite Resistance” in their calls to pull down the hated Servian Walls?

Dear God we are cucks.

http://i.imgur.com/hbe6BUl.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/national/victori ... 17a1324de5

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1950

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:24 am

The black fella will have to change their approach once we sell all “their” land to the Chinese.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1951

Post by Steersman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:26 am

Brive1987 wrote: “Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance”

I wonder if the good civic nationalists of Rome tolerated “Warriors of the Samnite Resistance” in their calls to pull down the hated Servian Walls?

Dear God we are cucks.

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hbe6BUl.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.news.com.au/national/victori ... 17a1324de5
You might consider asking those brave "warriors" if they'd really like to go back to living in the conditions that existed prior to the arrival of those "rotten settlers". Those tales told by several aboriginal women that I had linked to earlier clearly suggest that not many would leap at that "golden" opportunity.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1952

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 am

Steers, they rue the opportunity cost of never fully developing their own civilisation. After 40,000 years they were on the verge of inventing the wheel.

So close.


Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1953

Post by Steersman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 am

DrokkIt wrote: Post the Newman interview, various people I know have found Peterson.

This has divided them a fair bit, here is a typical response from someone *very against* him on being told "some of his ideas are good".
The right have adopted him enthusiastically because he bitterly derides LGBT movements and "social justice warriors" and the left in general i.e. being a bad faith actor for the right and an obvious bigot. That actually is reason enough to stop considering someone's contributions valuable, there's a lot of bullshit I don't give my time to for the similar reasons. If there's something reasonable about him I can get the same thing from a reasonable person. But having the appearance of good faith is a) fundamental to effective bad faith and b) pretty standard branding for "classical liberal" shitheads.
I'm sure you will all enjoy that storm of circular logic.
If you were inclined to throw a fox in amongst the chickens then you might consider giving them this article to read:
Rex Murphy: The prime moment Jordan Peterson's 'gotcha' was heard around the world

Sweet are the uses of adversity, as Shakespeare says. Which is why a previously little-known psychologist is Canada's newest intellectual star

.... That’s the historical context — history comes in short spans these days — of the pronoun wars and the saga of Jordan Peterson. Unfair, overwrought and downright malicious opposition to him has been the primary engine of his rise to international prominence. Hysterical reaction to his principled arguments has been the engine that now supplies him with an audience of millions and book sales of Salinger proportions (he’s now outselling Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury).

To be very particular, I like to believe that of all the torments and obstacles placed in his way in the early days of his campaign, it was the hauling of that white-noise machine — the attempt, literally, to drown out a professor, at a free-speech rally, on a university campus, by people preaching tolerance — that gave him and his cause its wings. That was the moment: Christmas morning for free speech and Jordan Peterson. ....

A great climax came within the past week. Prof. Peterson, now the most prominent Canadian academic possibly in all the world, on a tour for his new book, entered another lioness’s den. This was a 30-minute interview by a left-wing feminist on Britain’s Channel Four. The interviewer was, by definition and mindset, hostile. But over its 30 achingly painful minutes, the calm professor whittled away at her every presupposition and false ascription, till by interview’s end, the host was a lost voice in a forest of tiny splinters on the studio floor.

At one point in this epic demolition, Peterson allowed himself an unwonted indulgence. He quietly uttered “Ha. Gotcha.”

It was the “Gotcha” heard round the world. That interview on Youtube has claimed millions of views worldwide, and such is its pure entertainment value, it will claim millions more. ....

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1954

Post by Steersman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:43 am

Brive1987 wrote: Steers, they rue the opportunity cost of never fully developing their own civilisation. After 40,000 years they were on the verge of inventing the wheel.

So close.

https: //youtu.be/4ehrqVCeOvU
:-) Must rankle a bit. Although being entirely isolated, or almost so, probably didn't help matters much.

But reminds me of Why the Arabic World Turned Away From Science - you might ask your son for his views on that ;-) - and this bit in particular:
There is a final reason why it makes little sense to exhort Muslims to their own past: while there are many things that the Islamic world lacks, pride in heritage is not one of them. What is needed in Islam is less self-pride and more self-criticism. Today, self-criticism in Islam is valued only insofar as it is made as an appeal to be more pious and less spiritually corrupt. And yet most criticism in the Muslim world is directed outward, at the West. This prejudice — what Fouad Ajami has called (referring to the Arab world) “a political tradition of belligerent self-pity” — is undoubtedly one of Islam’s biggest obstacles. It makes information that contradicts orthodox belief irrelevant, and it closes off debate about the nature and history of Islam.
Pride goeth before a fall, and all that.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1955

Post by Steersman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:48 am

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:28 pm
MarcusAu wrote: I recently shelled out for a new desktop PC myself...

[.img]https://media.rs-online.com/t_large/F8111284-01.jpg[/img]
No dickpics please. [/Steersman]
:) Be still, my beating heart hydraulic pump ...


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1957

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 am

Steersman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Steers, they rue the opportunity cost of never fully developing their own civilisation. After 40,000 years they were on the verge of inventing the wheel.

So close.

https: //youtu.be/4ehrqVCeOvU
:-) Must rankle a bit. Although being entirely isolated, or almost so, probably didn't help matters much.
That tragedy flowed both ways. Europe was sadly denied the didgeridoo until some white wanker jumped into the dream time. See here Rolf complain that he lacks the black-man's standard issue giant blowing gob.

No wonder he went down.


DrokkIt
.
.
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1958

Post by DrokkIt » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:50 am

Steersman wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: Post the Newman interview, various people I know have found Peterson.

This has divided them a fair bit, here is a typical response from someone *very against* him on being told "some of his ideas are good".
The right have adopted him enthusiastically because he bitterly derides LGBT movements and "social justice warriors" and the left in general i.e. being a bad faith actor for the right and an obvious bigot. That actually is reason enough to stop considering someone's contributions valuable, there's a lot of bullshit I don't give my time to for the similar reasons. If there's something reasonable about him I can get the same thing from a reasonable person. But having the appearance of good faith is a) fundamental to effective bad faith and b) pretty standard branding for "classical liberal" shitheads.
I'm sure you will all enjoy that storm of circular logic.
If you were inclined to throw a fox in amongst the chickens then you might consider giving them this article to read:
Rex Murphy: The prime moment Jordan Peterson's 'gotcha' was heard around the world

Sweet are the uses of adversity, as Shakespeare says. Which is why a previously little-known psychologist is Canada's newest intellectual star

.... That’s the historical context — history comes in short spans these days — of the pronoun wars and the saga of Jordan Peterson. Unfair, overwrought and downright malicious opposition to him has been the primary engine of his rise to international prominence. Hysterical reaction to his principled arguments has been the engine that now supplies him with an audience of millions and book sales of Salinger proportions (he’s now outselling Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury).

To be very particular, I like to believe that of all the torments and obstacles placed in his way in the early days of his campaign, it was the hauling of that white-noise machine — the attempt, literally, to drown out a professor, at a free-speech rally, on a university campus, by people preaching tolerance — that gave him and his cause its wings. That was the moment: Christmas morning for free speech and Jordan Peterson. ....

A great climax came within the past week. Prof. Peterson, now the most prominent Canadian academic possibly in all the world, on a tour for his new book, entered another lioness’s den. This was a 30-minute interview by a left-wing feminist on Britain’s Channel Four. The interviewer was, by definition and mindset, hostile. But over its 30 achingly painful minutes, the calm professor whittled away at her every presupposition and false ascription, till by interview’s end, the host was a lost voice in a forest of tiny splinters on the studio floor.

At one point in this epic demolition, Peterson allowed himself an unwonted indulgence. He quietly uttered “Ha. Gotcha.”

It was the “Gotcha” heard round the world. That interview on Youtube has claimed millions of views worldwide, and such is its pure entertainment value, it will claim millions more. ....
I basically just watched the argument play out. The people vehemently against him weren't really focused on anything specific, more just that "he's bad because his fan base is bad". Here are some highlights:
You're arguing that I should look past the repulsive USP of constructing discursive weapons for the right to his more nuanced "B-Side" opinions, like he's a Grateful Dead album. And much like a Grateful Dead album, what you find is more examples of the shit you were dying to get away from. You've picked a position that seems reasonable because it's grounded in a legal question; that seems prima facie compatible with tolerance and even support for modern civil rights movements. Except that he refers to such movements as "cults" and likens them to totalitarian regimes. He's keen to paint the left as fascistic and fundamentally behaves as though rigorous prosecution of power in an increasingly right wing world has something, anything to do with attacking progressive politics. Which if it isn't a delusion is simply a fucking lie. I'm going to bed now.
So, to elaborate: Peterson is one of those cunts who will happily discuss, in entirely lofty, detached, and academic tones, a person's rights to exist. The very real social and physical damage this directly and indirectly causes is so far beneath him he can't even detect it. He talks about people who have lives, families, connections, not even as numbers on a page (as the worst of conservatives do) but as entirely abstract concepts with no connection to reality whatsoever.

In history, whenever people do this in any great number, those who they talk about in such abstract terms are killed in great numbers. The whole position exists only by utterly dehumanising the people unfortunate enough to be up for debate, and that dehumanisation when it happens on a wide enough scale leads to murder on a wide scale.

I have absolutely no fucking time for him whatsoever and frankly it's only because his speech is so polite, so detached and abstract it avoids hate speech legislation
If you start talking about, say, distributions of IQ test results across different races for example, and how statistically certain races "just do better", or maybe you highlight other markers of intelligence and how they are distributed differently across different races (such as numbers of patents for new inventions held, there's a really neatly coded one that I have only even heard of thanks to Peterson), and you say these things in an utterly manner of fact way to a societal group that includes huge numbers of well hidden but horribly racist people (I.e white Americans and Europeans) then you reinforce a lot of extremely nasty and blunt stereotypes. And by presenting it as academia you lend a hand to the people absorbing it because you help them feel smart along the way. It's like Rick and morty, the people who think it really speaks to them also think they're more intelligent than their peers because they "get it"

It may be theoretically possible, in some centuries-away post-racism utopia, to talk academically about stuff like that and it be okay. Just, fuck, nazis used to talk about Jewish people, and gay people, and romany people, and etc in such similar ways. You can't, in a society full of racism, talk about real people in ways that lead to further entrenchment of racism. Even if the way you presented your words was eloquent enough to avoid any direct racism yourself

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3059
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1959

Post by Hunt » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 am

Brive1987 wrote:
That tragedy flowed both ways. Europe was sadly denied the didgeridoo until some white wanker jumped into the dream time.
didgeridon't

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1960

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:46 am

This disturbed me.


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16640
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1961

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:49 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 am


https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... Tn6ZB2pCWe

I didn't know Vikings wore cardigans.
You can tell that's an authentic Viking cardigan, as the words "Allahu Akbar" are knitted into the pattern.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 am
He comes in a number of flavours.


Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3059
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1962

Post by Hunt » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:11 am

A Viking Keynesian. Now I've seen it all.

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3059
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1963

Post by Hunt » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:51 am

Brive1987 wrote: This disturbed me.

How did she know exactly how I act when the state raises my excise tax?

John D
.
.
Posts: 4563
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1964

Post by John D » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:42 am

Peterson's book is #4 on Amazon and has 267 reviews.... 94% of which are 5 stars. I never expected this. Amazing.... and the Newman interview is meme heaven. I am enjoying the book so far, but much of what is in it is the stuff he talks about in his lectures.


VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1965

Post by VickyCaramel » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:46 am

Guest_d2e60302 wrote: So here's ABBA:



So some part of the net thinks this song IS creepy. Rocker dude talking to young girl, she is flirting with him, and ooh creepy. But mostly what he is doing is acknowledging she is growing up now, but is still too young, does your mother know you're here. How is that creepy?

Well, we're in the new Victorian Age I guess. Can't wait till the sexual revolution is rebooted.
Interesting. It seems that the take of the people finding this creepy assume the girl in the story is jailbait.
My take was that she was too young for him because "does your mother know you are out" was a colloquialism used in the 70s and 80s which didn't have anything to do with age -- although ABBA were often accused of taking the English language a bit too literally. For example, it's in one of the Sweeney movies, a girl who is in her mid to late twenties crosses the road, she has large breasts and a tight sweater. One of the coppers says something like, "Do you think her mother knows she is out dressed like that?".

I wonder what they think of these songs which are far worse than ABBA's outright rejection of the girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oRUDBxMufQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vZ1V9uIkcQ

There are definitely some criminal fashion choices here. But this song from a self confessed wife beater is far more creepy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQQ3LQWsTUc

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1966

Post by VickyCaramel » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 am

Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: This disturbed me.

How did she know exactly how I act when the state raises my excise tax?
I'm not kidding, my 16 year old daughter acted much like this for 3 hours last night after we cut off her internet access because she didn't wash up, we actually discussed having her sectioned but it's an act. To her it's about internet access and washing up, to us it is about teaching her to act like an adult. She can't win, but she is not ready to back down just yet. It has been going on for months.

I don't know where it comes from. I am sure you know I have never put up with this shit, her school doesn't tolerate it either. Was there a memo that went around this generation that told them to scream, shout and cry until they get their own way in face of all rational argument?

deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1967

Post by deLurch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:23 am

VickyCaramel wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 am
I'm not kidding, my 16 year old daughter acted much like this for 3 hours last night after we cut off her internet access because she didn't wash up, we actually discussed having her sectioned but it's an act. To her it's about internet access and washing up, to us it is about teaching her to act like an adult. She can't win, but she is not ready to back down just yet. It has been going on for months.

I don't know where it comes from. I am sure you know I have never put up with this shit, her school doesn't tolerate it either. Was there a memo that went around this generation that told them to scream, shout and cry until they get their own way in face of all rational argument?
"Washing up"

What is that? A Shower? A bath? Washing your hands before dinner? Doing the dishes?

In any case, that is a sad state for a 16 year old. You only have a couple more years where you have the control to make her grow up. I'd shove her prissy ass on a month long adventure backpacking trip to learn some responsibility. It is a shame they don't make a more rough & tumble version of boyscouts for girls.

deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1968

Post by deLurch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:23 am

VickyCaramel wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 am
I'm not kidding, my 16 year old daughter acted much like this for 3 hours last night after we cut off her internet access because she didn't wash up, we actually discussed having her sectioned but it's an act. To her it's about internet access and washing up, to us it is about teaching her to act like an adult. She can't win, but she is not ready to back down just yet. It has been going on for months.

I don't know where it comes from. I am sure you know I have never put up with this shit, her school doesn't tolerate it either. Was there a memo that went around this generation that told them to scream, shout and cry until they get their own way in face of all rational argument?
"Washing up"

What is that? A Shower? A bath? Washing your hands before dinner? Doing the dishes?

In any case, that is a sad state for a 16 year old. You only have a couple more years where you have the control to make her grow up. I'd shove her prissy ass on a month long adventure backpacking trip to learn some responsibility. It is a shame they don't make a more rough & tumble version of boyscouts for girls.

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1969

Post by SM1957 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:37 am

VickyCaramel wrote: How did she know exactly how I act when the state raises my excise tax?
I'm not kidding, my 16 year old daughter acted much like this for 3 hours last night after we cut off her internet access because she didn't wash up, we actually discussed having her sectioned but it's an act. To her it's about internet access and washing up, to us it is about teaching her to act like an adult. She can't win, but she is not ready to back down just yet. It has been going on for months.

I don't know where it comes from. I am sure you know I have never put up with this shit, her school doesn't tolerate it either. Was there a memo that went around this generation that told them to scream, shout and cry until they get their own way in face of all rational argument?
[/quote]

Just wait until Labour gives 16 year olds the vote and she votes to have you put in a care home :-)

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1970

Post by VickyCaramel » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:49 am

deLurch wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 am
I'm not kidding, my 16 year old daughter acted much like this for 3 hours last night after we cut off her internet access because she didn't wash up, we actually discussed having her sectioned but it's an act. To her it's about internet access and washing up, to us it is about teaching her to act like an adult. She can't win, but she is not ready to back down just yet. It has been going on for months.

I don't know where it comes from. I am sure you know I have never put up with this shit, her school doesn't tolerate it either. Was there a memo that went around this generation that told them to scream, shout and cry until they get their own way in face of all rational argument?
"Washing up"

What is that? A Shower? A bath? Washing your hands before dinner? Doing the dishes?

In any case, that is a sad state for a 16 year old. You only have a couple more years where you have the control to make her grow up. I'd shove her prissy ass on a month long adventure backpacking trip to learn some responsibility. It is a shame they don't make a more rough & tumble version of boyscouts for girls.
It's doing dishes.

I didn't think about it until now because there is nothing political about by daughter, but she is copying all the tactics of the SJWs, when she isn't acting like triggerlypuff she is acting like smugglypuff. When my husband argues with her, she essentially accuses him of being the evil oppressor and runs away, refusing to have the argument. All the elements of SJWism are there.

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1971

Post by InfraRedBucket » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:58 am

John D wrote: Peterson's book is #4 on Amazon and has 267 reviews.... 94% of which are 5 stars. I never expected this. Amazing.... and the Newman interview is meme heaven. I am enjoying the book so far, but much of what is in it is the stuff he talks about in his lectures.

I wanted to check something that Peterson said in the interview ( I thought he might have contradicted himself on a certain point but he hadnt in the context) and found this transcript that might be useful for reference - it's fairly accurate - give or take the odd typo etc
https://katana17.wordpress.com/2018/01/ ... ranscript/

deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1972

Post by deLurch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:15 am

VickyCaramel wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:49 am
I didn't think about it until now because there is nothing political about by daughter, but she is copying all the tactics of the SJWs, when she isn't acting like triggerlypuff she is acting like smugglypuff. When my husband argues with her, she essentially accuses him of being the evil oppressor and runs away, refusing to have the argument. All the elements of SJWism are there.
Hard work for a well earned accomplishment is the only solution. Sure it could just be normal teenage angst. But look how all the other teenagers are turning out in contemporary society. Find her a challenge. Let her work the wuss out of herself.

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1973

Post by InfraRedBucket » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:22 am

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:58 am
John D wrote: Peterson's book is #4 on Amazon and has 267 reviews.... 94% of which are 5 stars. I never expected this. Amazing.... and the Newman interview is meme heaven. I am enjoying the book so far, but much of what is in it is the stuff he talks about in his lectures.

I wanted to check something that Peterson said in the interview ( I thought he might have contradicted himself on a certain point but he hadnt in the context) and found this transcript that might be useful for reference - it's fairly accurate - give or take the odd typo etc
https://katana17.wordpress.com/2018/01/ ... ranscript/
Just to add, looking further, that site looks like it's run by some "Jews have taken over the world" conspiracy nut
so the link is in no way condoning any of the content on that site. If anyone finds another transcript link elsewhere that doesnt give him
the hits, we can use that.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1974

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:25 am

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:40 pm
That SNL Aziz Ansari sketch is a Rorschach. Conservatives saying that SNL is roasting libtards, Liberals saying SNL is making fun of how normie liberals still can't talk about consent and so shows how much more feminist indoctrination is needed

https://www.themarysue.com/snl-timesup-aziz-ansari/

What I enjoyed was the Mary Sue's take on this:



Which obviously mocks Jerry Lee Lewis (and Chuck Berry)

I couldn’t decide where I landed on this one, so I’m curious to see what you all thought. When I first watched it, I really enjoyed the premise and the way it captured the “surprise” of realizing that some old songs are way creepier than you remembered. It felt very realistic, like the first time you realize that the lyrics of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” take a super-predatory turn, or when you find out ABBA wrote a song called, “Does Your Mother Know.” But there’s something inherently uncomfortable about making a jaunty punch line out of … well, abuse. I watched the skit twice, and I felt differently about it each time.

The skit is structured in such a way that the laugh lines are about a dude preying on children. And I recognize that it’s the shock factor, and the realization of what he’s saying, that’s meant to make you laugh, rather than the content of the lines themselves. But as they accumulated, it started to feel more like the punchline was the sad-sack humor of creeping on thirteen-year-olds, and that’s not funny stuff for me.


So here's ABBA:



So some part of the net thinks this song IS creepy. Rocker dude talking to young girl, she is flirting with him, and ooh creepy. But mostly what he is doing is acknowledging she is growing up now, but is still too young, does your mother know you're here. How is that creepy?

Well, we're in the new Victorian Age I guess. Can't wait till the sexual revolution is rebooted.
Nothing Victorian about these people. Victorians were all about being outwardly proper and a bit prudish. This modern crop of busybodies have no qualms about sexual deviancy of the approved sort. The way they read malice into the obviously benign makes me wonder what depths of fucked up maliciousness they are capable of themselves.

katamari Damassi
.
.
Posts: 5380
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1975

Post by katamari Damassi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:48 am

VickyCaramel wrote:

It's doing dishes.

I didn't think about it until now because there is nothing political about by daughter, but she is copying all the tactics of the SJWs, when she isn't acting like triggerlypuff she is acting like smugglypuff. When my husband argues with her, she essentially accuses him of being the evil oppressor and runs away, refusing to have the argument. All the elements of SJWism are there.
That's just her being a teenage girl. She'll likely grow out of it provided she. Doesn't have a peer group of SJW enablers. I think SJWism is really just arrested development.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1976

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:51 am

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 am
Steers, they rue the opportunity cost of never fully developing their own civilisation. After 40,000 years they were on the verge of inventing the wheel.

So close.

They have the right to be as backward as they wish. Still not an excuse to to have their land off them. A moot point hundreds of years after the fact, though. It isn't as though there is any chance of them going back. From what I know of indigenous tribes in general the degeneracy they display results largely from the breakdown of old tribal structures. There are many psychological benefits to living in a close-knit tribal community with a simple lifestyle. I don't doubt that for a healthy individual the traditional lifestyle was very fulfilling and perhaps idyllic. However, once introduced to modern medicine and technology that kind of society is doomed even without colonisation. Whatever the drawbacks, the baubles are too shiny.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12373
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1977

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:10 am

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:30 pm
I thought STD - Star Trek Discovery - actually got a lot more interesting tonight. The weird diversion into the alternate dimension actually adds a lot to the overall story-arc of war with the Klingons as it will finally play out. The alternate universe's Captain Philippa Georgiou is brought back to this reality. I thought the first captain would be showing up in a bunch of annoying dreams and flashbacks, but no, her evil/complex alternate now appears set to be a regular character in the series. Plus, coming back 9 months later with the Klingons apparent victors, good plot development. Really thought it was falling off the rails, but they made it worth watching again.

Plus, Sonequa Martin-Green is really really good. I completely believe her character. I'll put it this way, she should have been Rey.
So essentially, the 'it was all a dream' gimmick out the the soap opera playbook.

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1978

Post by VickyCaramel » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 am

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: They have the right to be as backward as they wish. Still not an excuse to to have their land off them. A moot point hundreds of years after the fact, though. It isn't as though there is any chance of them going back. From what I know of indigenous tribes in general the degeneracy they display results largely from the breakdown of old tribal structures. There are many psychological benefits to living in a close-knit tribal community with a simple lifestyle. I don't doubt that for a healthy individual the traditional lifestyle was very fulfilling and perhaps idyllic. However, once introduced to modern medicine and technology that kind of society is doomed even without colonisation. Whatever the drawbacks, the baubles are too shiny.
There is an episode of one of Ray Mears adventures where he visits a fairly remote Amazon tribe and has to teach them the traditional way to make fire... because they jump on a raft and sail down the river to the trading post where they get disposable lighters for next to nothing. These are hunter gatherers who live in grass huts and who still exist by hunting in the jungle with bows and arrows. In a couple of generations they had lost skills which had been passed down for thousands of years.

I blame the French.

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1979

Post by VickyCaramel » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:24 am

katamari Damassi wrote: That's just her being a teenage girl.
She is just being a teenage girl in 2018, that's the problem. When I was a 16 year old girl 30 years ago, there were some girls who would take a handful of pills and tell mommy... I only ran across one girl who self harmed, she was notorious, considered crazy and people avoided her. Nowadays shallow scratches up their forearms are as ubiquitous as earrings, you aren't anyone unless you are cutting yourself. So you can guarantee she is surrounded by enablelers.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4563
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1980

Post by John D » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:34 am

The topic of sex is kind of bi-polar right now. On one hand people are more and more open about their sexual behavior. At the same time people look to be pushing toward making sex more and more sacred. It is a weird situation. We started joking about prior written consent to sex a few years ago.... but it seems like this is the only solution.

Also, part of the problem is that young people have been raised with the idea that systems, rules, and tattling on people are the right ways to solve a problem. While this can be a good thing, when taken to extremes I think it creates all these snowflakes.

The number of women being interviewed in the media who have been sexually assaulted (nearly raped) because their boss pinched their ass is astounding. Now, I do not condone butt pinching. But there are creative and bold ways to solve stupid little problems like this. I actually kind of agree with Sarah Palin on this one.... she says she never got sexually harassed... and added this comment: "I think a whole lot of people probably know I'm probably packing so I don't think there's a whole lot of people who would necessarily mess with me." Not that I generally respect Palin's opinions, but she does touch on the idea that you should try to avoid looking like and behaving like a victim.

Some options.....

1) You can find a champion for example: "My boyfriend is going to beat the shit out of you when he finds a bruise on my ass. You really need to stop this now for your own sake."

2) You could resort to a threat of escalation for example: "If you pinch me again I will slap you silly... right in front of everyone. Don't do it again."

3) You could threaten blackmail: "If you pinch me again I will call your wife... and if you pinch me after that I will call the police."

Granted... some people find themselves in jobs that they cannot afford to lose. Often the jobs have idiots and abusers at the top. I get that, and so I am sympathetic. It would be ideal if people just behaved better and were not bullies to each other. I have no sympathy for bullies. Of course, I have never been (or even wanted to be) a woman.... so I don't know all the gruesome details.

Locked