There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

Post by deLurch »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:53 pm
If WEIT's metric of has he is chopped his dick off, if so women's lockerroom is okay, is okay, then we're all still pandering to the insane.
At least they have shown true commitment.

No dick or die.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

deLurch wrote: So I purchased a bunch of requested books for my niece this Christmas. Now Amazon is recommending all sorts of little girl books for me to enjoy. :/
My kids use my account all the time, leading to recommendations from legos to body lotion. You can alter the recommended items on a computer, but mobile is not easy.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Linda Sarsour is finally getting some pushback within the "Women's March". Being an apologist for Sharia law and Saudi Arabia wasn't enough, being a fan of the Nation of Islam wasn't enough, saying that she wanted to take away the vagina of Ayaan Hirsi Ali wasn't enough, but apparently saying that she would have protested Hillary Clinton was too much.

Oh well, I'm just glad that she's getting exposed as the fraud that she is.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:26 pm
Scented Nectar wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:42 pm
Keating wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:12 pm
Thing I’ll always be grateful to Trump for as a non-USian: killing the TPP, at least for the time being. Canadians also get credit for not bothering to show up for the signing of the quick fix attempt to revive it. Unfortunately, both sides of Australia’s parliament are quixotic about giving away Australia’s sovereignty for peanuts.
Remember back when the left at least pretended to be against colonizing countries with the laws of other countries (like what the TPP would have done to North America and Asia, and which is what the EU trade agreements did end up doing to the various nations in Europe)? And remember back when they claimed to be against bigotry that picks on people for their various sovereign nationalities?
I don't know much about the TPP and the TTIP has largely been kept secret, but from current trends, I doubt it would have benefited ordinary businesses and ordinary workers. Trump has also cut a load of regulation in the US, I hope he keeps going. With the UK leaving the EU and poised to cut a load of regulation, I look forward to a hell of a lot more trade between the UK and US.
I'm all for cutting unnecessary red tape. However, I don't trust the pricks in the conservative party not to take the opportunity to remove basic protections for the serfs. Too many Ian Duncan-Smiths around. There is something deeply repugnant about a class of people who consider "he bought his own furniture" to be a damning indictment. The class divide in Britain always disturbed me. It is a source of bitter resentment on one side and a defensive contempt on the other.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Can we all just take a moment and thank Almighty God and his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, that we don't live in Morris, MN?

https://i1.wp.com/freethoughtblogs.com/ ... ch2018.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

A simple photo of Myers would have done the trick.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Hunt wrote: Can we all just take a moment and thank Almighty God and his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, that we don't live in Morris, MN?

But at least they can still purchase parts ofr their ham radios

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

I thought Radio Crap declared Ch. 11.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:32 pm

The difference between Russian media and American media is that the Russian government owns the major media and tells them what to write. Pesky reporters tend to end up dead in Russia as well. Surprisingly, in the 8 years that Obama was in office nobody from Fox news or the Alex Jones show ended up killed mysterious hitmen or in jail.
We actually do not know that no one that was critical of Obama who worked for the press wasn't assasinated as a fact :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_H ... rnalist%29

Also, there is more than one point of view expressed in the US as opposed to Russia where criticism of Putin has been stifled.
In your so-called 'mainstream' press (except FOX - and no, I'm not saying FOX is the only 'real' news organization, I'm saying it IS just as much as the others) not really. Not when it comes to Trump, the hoax that is "Russiagate" or most of the 'sins' the "Progressives" claim he commits. Trump Derangement syndrome seems to grip most Reporters and columnists at The Washington Post and New York Times. They can't report on the man without giving the most negative spin possible to his actions or motives. They don't fact check very well (Do you want literally dozens of examples?) because either they are too lazy, stupid, or it wouldn't suit their ideological purposes in order to do so. Better to try to get The Resistance riled up by pretending it is a known fact that not only did Trump say "Shithole countries" (which, many of them are so I don't give a fuck either way) but also a known fact that he was only talking about 'colored' countries so of course he is a racist.

And large conglomerates own something like 99 percent plus of all decent size news organs in the US. Most of these conglomerates are led by people (and often staffed by reporters) who have ideological (for the reporters and editors) and (for the ownership class) often financial griefs against Trump's new economic policies.

After a year of lies and exaggerations when it concerns the President perhaps you should tell me why I should trust the New York Times, CNN, or The Washington Post on anything when it comes to this Administration or anything at all that is important politically? As for their other reporting (such as science) I take that on a case by case basis.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:43 pm
Scented Nectar wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:10 pm
A strong 1st amendment means free speech and free thought.
That's a non-answer to a question that asked you to deal with the two side of the establishment clause. Here's a concrete example: does a religion keep all of its rights to do whatever the fuck it wants if it participates in a gov't program, such as Medicare? This is where the "action" is these days, so this is the critical question (IMO) when it comes to appellate-court nominees.
Scented Nectar wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:10 pm
With the 2nd, even in gun controlled places, anyone old enough to drive, can drive a heavy truck into a crowd of people, so yeah, why outlaw tanks? As long as it's not actually used to murder anyone, and no matter how improbable it might be that it'll ever be needed for a self defence situation, why not? A lawn ornament like that might even have some deterrence value!
That sounds like the position of Second-A absolutists, which does match the idea of being "strong on the Second A." Well, guess what. None of Trump's nominees are Second-A absolutists. So why would you say that Trump's nominees are strong on the Second A?
I already said a bunch of stuff about religions NOT getting to do whatever they want, and stuff about being forced into newer Obamacare laws that took away some of their rights they had before it added restrictions that forced them to go against their beliefs. Also, it's not a religious-only matter. Some religious people are fine with it, and others not. Same with non-religious people - some are for having to pay for other peoples' abortions and some are against it. It just happens that it's mostly Christians who are against it and consider it murder instead of a justified killing. No one should be forced into participating on either side of the matter. Pro-CHOICE was originally supposed to actually mean being given the choice to make on your own.

Trump will fix the shit that Obama did. Obama put in new unfair laws that in my view go strongly against the constitutional right to life AND adds new restrictions to religions that are unfair. New ones that remove something harmful are fine, but this is an unnecessary one that they knew full well many people would see as ADDING harm, not removing it.

I didn't say that Trump's nominees have the exact same position as I have. I just know that they are unlikely to keep removing the gun rights bit by bit, like the sneaky lying democrats were doing.

Hey, I'm not even American. I'm just a wannabe and wishiwas. We have no free speech here, and if we want a gun for protection, we have to do something illegal, like NOT keeping it locked away unusable in a special legal protective case with bullets separated only for use during hunting and out of town gun ranges. Any of us who want actual protection from guns have to do it illegally.

My mother, when she was still alive, had a plan all worked out. If she ever had to protect herself against an intruder she wanted to limit the trouble she'd get in. She knew she'd get into trouble for having her gun out and loaded and unregistered in the first place, but she didn't want to also go down for murder. She never had to use her plan, but it was this: she would shoot the intruder first (to kill so that she wouldn't later get sued by the cunt), then do another shot into the ceiling right afterwards. Then, she would tell her story in reverse, saying she did the ceiling warning shot first but it didn't work so she had no choice but to shoot the intruder second. I'm no fan of liars, but it was a clever plan. She was no dummy.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 pm
Linda Sarsour is finally getting some pushback within the "Women's March". Being an apologist for Sharia law and Saudi Arabia wasn't enough, being a fan of the Nation of Islam wasn't enough, saying that she wanted to take away the vagina of Ayaan Hirsi Ali wasn't enough, but apparently saying that she would have protested Hillary Clinton was too much.

Fucking hell. The Women's March mob are a fucking bunch of hypocritical loons.

Oh, and don't forget, these people are also A-OK with Donna Hylton.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Kirbmarc wrote: Linda Sarsour is finally getting some pushback within the "Women's March". Being an apologist for Sharia law and Saudi Arabia wasn't enough, being a fan of the Nation of Islam wasn't enough, saying that she wanted to take away the vagina of Ayaan Hirsi Ali wasn't enough, but apparently saying that she would have protested Hillary Clinton was too much.

I must have been taking a break during the time she first came up here. Google helped me figure out who she was, but I had no idea why she would be dominating this year's Cunty awards. I guess I see it now.

That list of things that didn't piss people off is a sad statement about the condition of the left right now.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Right, laptop is now in laptop hospital. Repairman says it looks like it might have a solid state hard drive, which would be good news for data recovery even if everything else is fucked.

I still have all the original pages of my graphic novel, The Cattle Raid of Cooley, but if the hard drive is gone I'll have to rescan and reletter them.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:04 pm
Why are you so against the Russians? If Lee worked for a British radio station or a Mexican one or a Hungarian one, would you also be suspicious?
Russian news outlets 10 years ago were different than they are now. RT, at least the english language version did have some reasonable journalists that had been doing somewhat OK work. Around that time, the Russian government began taking over news outlets. For the first while the government controllers were somewhat moderate at RT but they gradually ramped up the editing and eventually started to dictate what should be written, at least according to journalists that worked there. That meshes with what I recall having followed them for a while.
If I run across Stranahan's interview with Natasha Natalia's interview I will give it a look. I suspect he will not ask any tough questions or ask follow ups if she tries to snow him. Or at least if he does, I doubt they will make it past the editor. Apparently he just started with Sputnik so it may be interesting to see how long he lasts. It could be he will do what other non-russian journalists have done at those outlets and quit because they didn't just want to parrot propaganda.
No worry about it being edited. He records a second copy while they are doing the show - one that includes video, not just the audio like the radio version, so any cuts would be noticeable. He then posts them to his much suppressed youtube channel, PopulistTV. He'd have probably mentioned it if the radio version was doing editing though.

The main reason I'm such a big fan of his work, is that he's determined to get to the truth of things, and he'll dig for the actual truth no matter what side is true. If you knew his other videos at all, you'd know that he hates when people avoid tough questions and mentions that frequently. He's also extremely well researched on the complex RussiaGate situation and quite knowledgable on it at this point. He asks people over and over to not just believe him about the things he says, but to go check things out for themselves. I watch the show because it's his show, not because of which media company hires him to do it. Lee says that if they ever start telling him what can or can't say, he'll leave.

I'm not defending Sputnik. I just like Lee and Garland's "Fault Lines" show which I watch on Lee's youtube channel. Never even listened to any other Sputnik shows. I suspect Russian media is pretty much the same as US media. Is there any mainstream media that is NOT super biased towards the left anymore? Even the supposedly right leaning ones avoid certain topics like the good little controlled oppositions they are. Breitbart and Fox are avoiding the shit out of the BrowderGate scandal, pretending it doesn't even exist. Both have big money donors who most likely had some say in that. RINOs who, in reality, are full blown globalists.

Notice that around when Obama got in, the media started increasing their push of globalist gov't agendas here in North America too? And how feminism and isms and phobias and various identity politics started increasing and trending in media? The increase was happening all over. Obama getting in was seen as a big foot in the door towards global communism, so they did the typical increase of pre-takeover societal disruption, complete with the usual divide and conquer by getting various groups thinking they were oppressed by the other groups. The formation of a designated enemy class(es) to get the people mad at - Jews, people who wear glasses, the rich, the ciswhitemales, whoever's convenient - it's not like they themselves actually care much who the enemy is each time around. That stuff was just a combo of vote-us-in sales pitch and societal disruption that people will need 'rescuing' from. It's the commie blueprint every single time.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

The main reason I'm such a big fan of his work, is that he's determined to get to the truth of things, and he'll dig for the actual truth no matter what side is true. If you knew his other videos at all, you'd know that he hates when people avoid tough questions and mentions that frequently. He's also extremely well researched on the complex RussiaGate situation and quite knowledgable on it at this point. He asks people over and over to not just believe him about the things he says, but to go check things out for themselves. I watch the show because it's his show, not because of which media company hires him to do it. Lee says that if they ever start telling him what can or can't say, he'll leave.
fwiw, and iirc, Stranahan got the Twin Falls Idaho / Chobani story not just wrong, but disgustingly so.

I'm too tired to reread it, but here are two links and you can decide for yourself.

Jamie Kirchick:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-disgu ... of-chobani

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/maga ... -down.html

Also, fwiw, I just found Stranhan's response
Why you will never hear me apologize for my reporting on Twin Falls/ @Chobani
https://www.pscp.tv/stranahan/1vAGRbznZYXGl

I just found it, and have not listened to it.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

deLurch wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:46 pm
Guest_d2e60302 wrote: It's High School, so I'm not terribly worried by this. The kids were taught sex ed not in grades 9-12 but in grade 5. She's 18, so presumably a senior and so presumably dressing/undressing with other students who are 16 and above. Seeing hormonally shrinking cock and balls should be the most horrible things they see in High School.

As an 18 year old she may not have had her dick cut off, but most folks think that's pretty insane anyway. But if she's on estrogen and/or dressing fem and/or seeing therapists on a regular basis, then I think she's shown that this isn't some Nerds and Porky's scheme to see the boobies.

I'm pretty sure that if any shenanigans go on, her, ahem, transgressions (puts on sunglasses) will be promptly reported.

That said, if other girls find her presence to be a problem, I think they should be reasonably accommodated too, presumably by putting up allowing them different lockers and a privacy screen for them to change behind.
This issue is very easily solved. If you have a dick, use the men's change room. Anything less is pandering to the insane.
Here's the sign I would put up if I ever ran a business that had bathrooms, showers, or change-rooms:
https://gabfiles.blob.core.windows.net/ ... befd20.png

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Scented Nectar wrote: Here's the sign I would put up if I ever ran a business that had bathrooms, showers, or change-rooms:
Why are you so bigoted against people with Klinefelters syndrome ?

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Hunt wrote: I thought Radio Crap declared Ch. 11.
https://www.radioshack.com/pages/bankru ... stomer-faq

I haven't seen a Radio Shack in at least 5 years, maybe 10. The last one I saw was in an upscale mall sitting incongruously among Italian designer boutiques, Brooks Brothers, and absurdly priced watch shops.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

This book on Hillary Rodham Clinton has changed my perception of her.

Up to now, I had no idea she was the greatest and most saintly person ever to walk the planet.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ores-facts

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Keating wrote:
Thing I’ll always be grateful to Trump for as a non-USian: killing the TPP, at least for the time being. Canadians also get credit for not bothering to show up for the signing of the quick fix attempt to revive it. Unfortunately, both sides of Australia’s parliament are quixotic about giving away Australia’s sovereignty for peanuts.
Remember back when the left at least pretended to be against colonizing countries with the laws of other countries (like what the TPP would have done to North America and Asia, and which is what the EU trade agreements did end up doing to the various nations in Europe)? And remember back when they claimed to be against bigotry that picks on people for their various sovereign nationalities?
I don't know much about the TPP and the TTIP has largely been kept secret, but from current trends, I doubt it would have benefited ordinary businesses and ordinary workers. Trump has also cut a load of regulation in the US, I hope he keeps going. With the UK leaving the EU and poised to cut a load of regulation, I look forward to a hell of a lot more trade between the UK and US.
They say the EU began with some trade agreements. Those agreements bound them to a lot more than they realized, and now unelected foreigners in Belgium are deciding all sorts of non-trade laws for them like forcing them to take in unvetted migrants who are bigoted and violent against the native people there (another thing the left was supposed to be against - mistreating the native peoples of a land).

NAFTA was the start of an attempt to conglomerate Canada, the US and Mexico into something similar - the Amero Union. Eventually, the globalist commies planned for all the 'unions' to keep merging and merging, until there was one centralized gov't that could never be voted out. Sneaky and gradual. No sovereign countries would be left to rescue anyone.

We were well on our way to being royally screwed for many an upcoming generation had the world not rebelled in time, and in a manner that the globalists were not able to control and guide. They wanted the Helegian thingy where they create a controlled problem, then guide the reaction to it, and then give the prepared solution (which might not be the same as what they offer, but by then you're stuck with it). They lost the guiding of the reaction, and no one wants their 'solution', which is communism with hate/dissident/badthink laws to fix all the isms/phobias, and more police state to fix the violence & culture-clash problems, and 'guaranteed wage' to fix poverty but which becomes the low substance commie wage - the only one you're later allowed to legally make, plus they tell usually tell you where you must work and live - slavery with a few pennies as crumbs.

Hillary was supposed to rescue everyone from the evil ists and phobes, and a controlled RINO opposition was supposed to rescue everyone from the political correctness freaks had the public tides turned more that way, but neither happened. Trump came in and offered what the people REALLY wanted. And now, he's making huge strides in doing it despite a ton of obstruction.

Brexit failed because May is a fake. She's a globalist who never intended on carrying through her empty promises.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote:

I haven't seen a Radio Shack in at least 5 years, maybe 10. The last one I saw was in an upscale mall sitting incongruously among Italian designer boutiques, Brooks Brothers, and absurdly priced watch shops.
It's like The Business That Wouldn't Die. Someone has to drive a fucking wooden stake through it's heart.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

And I should know.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Clarence wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:16 am
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:32 pm

The difference between Russian media and American media is that the Russian government owns the major media and tells them what to write. Pesky reporters tend to end up dead in Russia as well. Surprisingly, in the 8 years that Obama was in office nobody from Fox news or the Alex Jones show ended up killed mysterious hitmen or in jail.
We actually do not know that no one that was critical of Obama who worked for the press wasn't assasinated as a fact :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_H ... rnalist%29

Also, there is more than one point of view expressed in the US as opposed to Russia where criticism of Putin has been stifled.
In your so-called 'mainstream' press (except FOX - and no, I'm not saying FOX is the only 'real' news organization, I'm saying it IS just as much as the others) not really. Not when it comes to Trump, the hoax that is "Russiagate" or most of the 'sins' the "Progressives" claim he commits. Trump Derangement syndrome seems to grip most Reporters and columnists at The Washington Post and New York Times. They can't report on the man without giving the most negative spin possible to his actions or motives. They don't fact check very well (Do you want literally dozens of examples?) because either they are too lazy, stupid, or it wouldn't suit their ideological purposes in order to do so. Better to try to get The Resistance riled up by pretending it is a known fact that not only did Trump say "Shithole countries" (which, many of them are so I don't give a fuck either way) but also a known fact that he was only talking about 'colored' countries so of course he is a racist.

And large conglomerates own something like 99 percent plus of all decent size news organs in the US. Most of these conglomerates are led by people (and often staffed by reporters) who have ideological (for the reporters and editors) and (for the ownership class) often financial griefs against Trump's new economic policies.

After a year of lies and exaggerations when it concerns the President perhaps you should tell me why I should trust the New York Times, CNN, or The Washington Post on anything when it comes to this Administration or anything at all that is important politically? As for their other reporting (such as science) I take that on a case by case basis.
I agree totally, so all I can say is... :text-yeahthat:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:48 am
fwiw, and iirc, Stranahan got the Twin Falls Idaho / Chobani story not just wrong, but disgustingly so.

I'm too tired to reread it, but here are two links and you can decide for yourself.

Jamie Kirchick:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-disgu ... of-chobani

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/maga ... -down.html

Also, fwiw, I just found Stranhan's response
Why you will never hear me apologize for my reporting on Twin Falls/ @Chobani
https://www.pscp.tv/stranahan/1vAGRbznZYXGl

I just found it, and have not listened to it.
Well, see what you think AFTER you've heard his side too. Then you'll have both sides to work with. Here's a couple of recent ones he did on the topic:

"The New York Times SMEARED my Twin Falls reporting… but I’m FIGHTING BACK" - from Sep 26, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoiKcaJP2Gc

"Lee Stranahan LIVE — SHOCKING Prosecutorial Misconduct by Grant Loebs in Twin Falls / Chobani Story" - from Dec 15, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38fLG1NBtGM

John D

Post by John D »

I need to add a comment here. I have been finding the Wall Street Journal to be spot on lately. The down side is that they only let you open a few articles a month without paying. But, their reporting is way better than most papers, especially the New York Times or Wapo. I was really disappointed when the WSJ slammed Pewdepie... not that I am a fan of his or anything.... but I was disappointed that the WSJ did a hit piece on him. They seem to have improved since then however, so I am giving them a second chance.

For example... here is how they are handling the James Damore vs. Google class action lawsuit.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-goo ... 1515440507

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

MarcusAu wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:41 am
Scented Nectar wrote: Here's the sign I would put up if I ever ran a business that had bathrooms, showers, or change-rooms:
Why are you so bigoted against people with Klinefelters syndrome ?
Ok... let me change that to XX and those who were assigned a female biology at birth for being close enough to XX go into this room, and... XY and those who were assigned a male biology at birth for being close enough to XY go into that room.

:lol:

John D

Post by John D »

I am rather partial to the idea of "PENIS" and "NO PENIS" for bathroom designations.
LRvEr.jpg
(61.29 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

gurugeorge wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 pm
People are having a field day with Newman "So you're saying" memes. Here's my favourite so far:-

https://i.imgur.com/qRW2jlT.jpg
That is so full of win :clap: :clap: :clap:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: I am rather partial to the idea of "PENIS" and "NO PENIS" for bathroom designations.
LRvEr.jpg
It definitely could fill a gap in the market.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Old_ones wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Linda Sarsour is finally getting some pushback within the "Women's March". Being an apologist for Sharia law and Saudi Arabia wasn't enough, being a fan of the Nation of Islam wasn't enough, saying that she wanted to take away the vagina of Ayaan Hirsi Ali wasn't enough, but apparently saying that she would have protested Hillary Clinton was too much.

I must have been taking a break during the time she first came up here. Google helped me figure out who she was, but I had no idea why she would be dominating this year's Cunty awards. I guess I see it now.

That list of things that didn't piss people off is a sad statement about the condition of the left right now.
She's not even remotely a progressive, or a leftist for that matter. She's a muslim identity politics fan who only became famous because she put on a hijab and criticized Donald Trump at the right place in the right time. There are PLENTY of FAR more liberal and progressive people of Middle Eastern descent who criticized Trump for the "muslim ban" WITHOUT being in favor of Sharia or Saudi Arabia. The only reason Sarsour became a leader of the "Women's March" because the US "glamour left" is in love with the idea that "hijabs are Cultural Expression" (from Miley Cyrus gushing a hijabi Barbie to L'Oreal promoting a hijab-wearing model, which is pretty absurd).

Imagine the US left gushing over the Magic Mormon Underpants, or chastity belts, and you'll understand how idiotic it is to promote the hijab as a "symbol of resistance" or "of feminism" or "of non-western culture". The most shameful part of the SocJus is that it's actually more about glamorizing and fetishizing the "Oppressed Identities" than about actually HELPING people to overcome social issues.

From the hijab obsession to Myers writing "leetle" to imitate a Mexican accent, from autistically screeching over "cultural appropriation" of Japanese culture when the Japanese themselves don't mind to bitching about video game women with big boobs, to comparing bad sex to rape, to gushing over the idea of Hillary Clinton just because she's the "first female president!11!!", a lot of the SocJus is just grown-up people behaving like spoiled brats and high school cliques, focusing on superficial or incoherent bullshit just for a need to belong in the "right" group.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/FYFfCp1RXq9sk/200.gif

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Politics is like a '80s college movie these days. The SocJus are the Mean Girl Cheerleaders, ready to ruin each other socially through popularity contests and backstabbing, and the alt-right are the Drunken Frat Boys, who only want excuses to act like jackasses.

And those who don't belong to either group are the unpopular college kids nobody wants to talk to.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Keating wrote:
I'm all for cutting unnecessary red tape. However, I don't trust the pricks in the conservative party not to take the opportunity to remove basic protections for the serfs. Too many Ian Duncan-Smiths around. There is something deeply repugnant about a class of people who consider "he bought his own furniture" to be a damning indictment. The class divide in Britain always disturbed me. It is a source of bitter resentment on one side and a defensive contempt on the other.
I knew somebody would go here....

Nobody is going to advocate stuffing 10 year olds up chimneys, and we aren't going to go back to the days where dozens of young women die in fires in shirt factories.

In the US, owning a carwash is a licence to print money. Rather like hamburger restaurants, this is actually a real estate business where hamburgers pay the rates while the value of the land appreciates, except if you put a carwash in the right spot you can make serious profit. And the American franchises have it down to a fine art.

In the US they have a car culture, the right climate and the free market. There is very little regulation.

Car washes are also a licence to print money in Germany. However, here it is a completely different story. German environmental regulation practically make it illegal to wash your own car on your driveway, it is illegal for a bunch of guys to set up shop in a supermarket forecourt, it is illegal for a bunch of romanians to run a business out of a cargo container of a petrol station forecourt. Basically if you want your car cleaned you pretty much have to go to an automated carwash. As the the car wash industry has that sewn up, the German car wash industry pushed the EU for a load of other regulation about recycling water, measuring pollution levels etc. This is essentially about creating barriers to entry, making start-ups hugely expensive, making operating costs more expensive, which they can mitigate because they are doing volume. There is also corruption and collusion between the car wash manufacturers and the car manufacturers where they lock soap and wax manufacturers out of the German market unless they pay bribes, but that's another story.

This is fine and dandy for the Germans, but what if you are in the UK? In the UK there is a completely different tax system so car wash operators already face much higher operating costs because of rates and business taxes, and I think also because of cost of utilities. They are then hit with the EU regulation designed to push up operating costs in Germany (and Italy, they seem to be in on it too). However, in the UK they aren't subject to the same local regulations which push all those 'by the side of the road' cash in hand operations out of the market. Some of the laws are in place, but there is practically no enforcement unless HM Revenue & Customs wants to involve the Environment Agency as an excuse to pick up illegal immigrants. The result of all this is that the automated car wash business in the UK had pretty much died, there are still some old ones around but many of them have been bought up by the same Russian gangsters that run the illegal immigrants.

Now lets look at vaping. Vaping took off and started to make an impact on the number of people giving up smoking. This pissed off a lot of people.

It didn't piss off the tobacco industry because they knew the writing was on the wall for cigarettes and for them it is an opportunity, especially if they can get regulation which makes manufacturing so expensive, only they can afford to do it.

It did however piss off the pharmaceutical industry who were making a fortune out of gum and patches which are only marginally more effective than a placebo. It also pissed off the anti-smoking industry who will soon be redundant.

4 years ago, the vaping was essentially unregulated and this caused an explosion in the industry. Anyone could make the devices, as long as they complied with regulation on electrical devices. Anyone could make vape juice, you could essentially set up a business in your kitchen.

The pharmaceutical industry lobbied to have vape products classified as medicine but failed largely because the tobacco industry objected, however heavy regulation suits both of them, and what do you know, the EU brought in regulation which outlawed practically everything except the "e-cigarettes" and inhalers being produced by the pharmaceutical and tobacco industry.

Let me give you a couple of examples. If you manufacture vape juice, you have to send it off to be analysed by a laboratory and get a certificate of safety... every single year. This applies to every single product and will cost a minimum of £1k. So if you are making vape juice over the kitchen sink and produce 15 flavours, this will cost you in the region of £20,000 per year. A premium bottle of juice retails at about £5, 20% of that is tax, so you can see that you suddenly have to sell a lot of bottles before you have swallowed that cost. Many small manufacturers working out of single factory units have closed down.

They also brought in regulation limiting the capacity of the devices and limiting the size of the bottles of vape juice you can buy to 10ml. All of this is fine and dandy for the tobacco and pharmaceutical industry who want to sell small 'cartridges' at extortionate prices. Essentially they want to reproduce the razor and blade business model where the device is sold cheap but repeat purchase of cartridges is expensive... this is not the natural direction of the vaping industry.

Of course they cite safety concerns as justification for all this regulation, and although there are safety concerns surrounding vaping, none of the regulation addresses real safety issues.

In the past I have given other examples of regulation involving the manufacture and importation of paints and glues which used minimal health risks as an excuse to lock American manufacturers out of the market and favour a handful of european manufacturers which held important patents.

95% of regulation is just a scam done under the guise of health & safety or environmental regulation. Meanwhile there is actually a lack of regulation protecting workers in regard to employment rights and hours because that isn't where these regulations are conceived.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

paddybrown wrote: Repairman says it looks like it might have a solid state hard drive,
This is typically bad news from a recovery point of view, but if your drive is not the culprit you should be good to go.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Hunt wrote: Can we all just take a moment and thank Almighty God and his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, that we don't live in Morris, MN?

I heard once that Rat Shack was the most widely accessible store in the US - a statistic like 95% of people lived within five miles of a store?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, I'm thinking I've love to see Philomena Cunk interviewing Peterson - I'd pay money to make that happen...

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Lsuoma wrote:

I heard once that Rat Shack was the most widely accessible store in the US - a statistic like 95% of people lived within five miles of a store?
I think a Radio Crap store is still open in Houston, Texas. And yes, its within five miles of my house. AND I'll be driving down that street today. I'll check and see if it is indeed still open.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Lsuoma wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:35 pm
If you're feeling brave, you could rinse with distilled water and dry it with a hair dryer.
Here's a list of chemicals that could be helpful in cleaning up:
http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/ar ... -work-with

feathers

Post by feathers »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:37 pm
download/file.php?id=5100
Horses are Matt's domain, Vicky.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Lsuoma wrote:

I remember buying batteries there as a kid and having to fill out a form to do it.

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:43 pm
My kids use my account all the time, leading to recommendations from legos to body lotion.
What does your kid do with body lotion? Never mind.

feathers

Post by feathers »

paddybrown wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:30 am
Right, laptop is now in laptop hospital. Repairman says it looks like it might have a solid state hard drive, which would be good news for data recovery even if everything else is fucked.

I still have all the original pages of my graphic novel, The Cattle Raid of Cooley, but if the hard drive is gone I'll have to rescan and reletter them.
Does the term 'backup' mean anything to you?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1500_.jpg

Honestly.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Hunt wrote:
Mr. X, Indeed wrote:

It's like The Business That Wouldn't Die. Someone has to drive a fucking wooden stake through it's heart.
It is highly likely that their business model isn't what you think it is. Like I alluded to earlier with hamburgers and car washes, it is actually a property business. Selling batteries and plugs just pays the rates. As long as the electrical business is breaking even it's all good. The real money is borrowing against the property the business and using that money to purchase more property and make other investments.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/73533- ... te-company

feathers

Post by feathers »

John D wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:36 am
I need to add a comment here. I have been finding the Wall Street Journal to be spot on lately. The down side is that they only let you open a few articles a month without paying. But, their reporting is way better than most papers, especially the New York Times or Wapo.
WSJ's downside is that their commenters are ultra-libertarian knobs.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: L'Oreal promoting a hijab-wearing model, which is pretty absurd.
A hijab-wearing model might be fine, if they were employing her to promote eyeshadow. But the absurdity lies in the fact that they'd deploying someone who covers her hair in a campaign for hair products.

I'm not one for quoting the occasionally amusing but otherwise poltroonish Paul J Watson, but...well, let that sink in.

It really is a case of The Emperor's New Clothes. L'Oreal must surely see the idiocy of this, but...I guess the potential of some islamophile SJW points simply trumps reason. It's rather like when the UK let in some 'child refugees' from Calais some time ago; people kept trying to point out that a lot of these kids had stubble, moustaches and looked about 30, yet the fucking leftie mob just would not have it. 'Waaah racist waaah you can't check to see if they have wisdom teeth because nazis did that waaah war ages you* waah etc'.

Likewise here. People have pointing out the obvious contradiction in having a hair campaign fronted by a model who doesn't show her hair, but all indications so far suggest that L'Oreal are blithely determined to go ahead with it. Still, it's their advertising budget. Money well spent, I'm sure.

*Yeah, they genuinely argued that. I figured they might have a point if weaponised progeria had been involved, but damn...that's some reaching.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Incontrovertible proof that Morris is twenty years behind the times.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D wrote: I need to add a comment here. I have been finding the Wall Street Journal to be spot on lately. The down side is that they only let you open a few articles a month without paying. But, their reporting is way better than most papers, especially the New York Times or Wapo. I was really disappointed when the WSJ slammed Pewdepie... not that I am a fan of his or anything.... but I was disappointed that the WSJ did a hit piece on him. They seem to have improved since then however, so I am giving them a second chance.

For example... here is how they are handling the James Damore vs. Google class action lawsuit.

Try clearing their cookies and you'll find you can read another handful of articles.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

feathers wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:42 am
paddybrown wrote:

*snip image*

Honestly.
You really think he has a novel called The Cattle Raid of Cooley?

He's Irish, not Welsh!

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: L'Oreal promoting a hijab-wearing model, which is pretty absurd.
A hijab-wearing model might be fine, if they were employing her to promote eyeshadow. But the absurdity lies in the fact that they'd deploying someone who covers her hair in a campaign for hair products.

I'm not one for quoting the occasionally amusing but otherwise poltroonish Paul J Watson, but...well, let that sink in.

It really is a case of The Emperor's New Clothes. L'Oreal must surely see the idiocy of this, but...I guess the potential of some islamophile SJW points simply trumps reason. It's rather like when the UK let in some 'child refugees' from Calais some time ago; people kept trying to point out that a lot of these kids had stubble, moustaches and looked about 30, yet the fucking leftie mob just would not have it. 'Waaah racist waaah you can't check to see if they have wisdom teeth because nazis did that waaah war ages you* waah etc'.

Likewise here. People have pointing out the obvious contradiction in having a hair campaign fronted by a model who doesn't show her hair, but all indications so far suggest that L'Oreal are blithely determined to go ahead with it. Still, it's their advertising budget. Money well spent, I'm sure.

*Yeah, they genuinely argued that. I figured they might have a point if weaponised progeria had been involved, but damn...that's some reaching.
And L'Oreal already lost said model.

Seems she made some naughty, antisemitic tweets around 2014 and people found out.

But now she is terribly, terribly sorry and has deleted them and cherishes diversity above all.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bankruptcy is a sign of amazing genius business savvy, amirite?

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

feathers wrote:
paddybrown wrote:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1500_.jpg

Honestly.
Yeah, I know.

I've found about half of it on various devices, and I'm sure I have other USB drives lying around the house. I've also found the hard drive of my previous PC, which I got rid of about two years ago, gathering dust in a drawer. My repair guy says if he can't recover anything from the laptop he'll see what he can get from that.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
feathers wrote:
paddybrown wrote:

*snip image*

Honestly.
You really think he has a novel called The Cattle Raid of Cooley?

He's Irish, not Welsh!
If I was Welsh, it would about a sheep raid.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Eskarina wrote: And L'Oreal already lost said model.

Seems she made some naughty, antisemitic tweets around 2014 and people found out.

But now she is terribly, terribly sorry and has deleted them and cherishes diversity above all.
Guess L'Oreal will re-employ her, now that the tweets have been covered up.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tigzy wrote:

Which company employed the racist tranny as a male-up model a year or so back? A women in a hijab might be a poor hair product model but how many women actually want to look like a man in drag? Is Five O'Clock Shadow a popular foundation?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

'Male-up' was a typo but I'm sticking with it.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Before Ben Aaronovitch started writing successful urban fantasies he wrote Doctor Who novels. He lost novel one because he hadn't backed up his hard-drive. A bit unfortunate for the series too as the book he'd written featured the death of one of the major characters so when the next book in the series came out on time she was dead and readers hadn't got to read her death-scene.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
So you hate wealthy people when they succeed, you hate them when they fail.

Come on comrade, show us on the doll where the nasty capitalist touched you.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: I need to add a comment here. I have been finding the Wall Street Journal to be spot on lately. The down side is that they only let you open a few articles a month without paying. But, their reporting is way better than most papers, especially the New York Times or Wapo. I was really disappointed when the WSJ slammed Pewdepie... not that I am a fan of his or anything.... but I was disappointed that the WSJ did a hit piece on him. They seem to have improved since then however, so I am giving them a second chance.

Back in the day, WSJ journal always had excellent news coverage, with whackaloon Randian editorial.

I keep my ad-blocker on, so I don't read it, or more than 10 NYT or Boston Globe articles. Nor the Atlantic, which also had very good journalism (except when James Fallows came back from a year in China and was all like 'We must join with them. We must join with Sauron.')

It's the video ads and pop-ups. I can't tolerate the sensory overload. In Olden Times, when you read a printed newspaper or magazine, they had static, printed ads. Now that papers and mags are online, you still read them silently, but the ads are TV ads.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Tigzy wrote:
Eskarina wrote: And L'Oreal already lost said model.

Guess L'Oreal will re-employ her, now that the tweets have been covered up.
Heh! :)

But they seem to be pretty okay with "her" decision.
A spokesperson for L'Oreal Paris told Newsbeat: "We have recently been made aware of a series of tweets posted in 2014 by Amena Kahn, who was featured in a UK advertising campaign.

"We appreciate that Amena has since apologised for the content of these tweets and the offence they have caused.

"L'Oreal Paris is committed to tolerance and respect towards all people. We agree with her decision to step down from the campaign."
http://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-42779188

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
So you hate wealthy people when they succeed, you hate them when they fail.

Come on comrade, show us on the doll where the nasty capitalist touched you.
You're not silly enough to believe that the US is capitalist, are you?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: You really think he has a novel called The Cattle Raid of Cooley?

He's Irish, not Welsh!
The Táin Bó Cúailnge is an Irish tale about a failed hostile takeover by group of venture capitalists from Ulster, and the hero Cú Chulainn ("Nobody accidentally kills big hound dogs like me. Nobody".) who promises to Make Ulster Great Again.