In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Guest_936d3dec

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Metaburbia asks the obvious question. The reply suggests what, I'm not sure, but it seems as if she wanted to be protected from seeing the document (which was a shared google doc that she probably had to click a link to get to)

At about the same time, some dipshit calls for her to be fired and she explains that she does not know what the First Amendment is about. (Maybe Popehat will correct her.)

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Via gizmodo, the "Here's The Full 10-Page Anti-Diversity Screed Circulating Internally at Google"

gizmodo com/exclusive-heres-the-full-10-page-anti-diversity-screed-1797564320/amp
archive.is HXbIE
A software engineer’s 10-page screed against Google’s diversity initiatives is going viral inside the company, being shared on an internal meme network and Google+. The document’s existence was first reported by Motherboard, and Gizmodo has obtained it in full.

In the memo, which is the personal opinion of a male Google employee and is titled “Google’s Ideological Echo Chamber,” the author argues that women are underrepresented in tech not because they face bias and discrimination in the workplace, but because of inherent psychological differences between men and women. “We need to stop assuming that gender gaps imply sexism,” he writes, going on to argue that Google’s educational programs for young women may be misguided.

The post comes as Google battles a wage discrimination investigation by the US Department of Labor, which has found that Google routinely pays women less than men in comparable roles.

Gizmodo has reached out to Google for comment on the memo and how the company is addressing employee concerns regarding its content. We will update this article if we hear back.

The text of the post is reproduced in full below, with some minor formatting modifications. Two charts and several hyperlinks are also omitted.

--------

Reply to public response and misrepresentation

I value diversity and inclusion, am not denying that sexism exists, and don’t endorse using stereotypes. When addressing the gap in representation in the population, we need to look at population level differences in distributions. If we can’t have an honest discussion about this, then we can never truly solve the problem. Psychological safety is built on mutual respect and acceptance, but unfortunately our culture of shaming and misrepresentation is disrespectful and unaccepting of anyone outside its echo chamber. Despite what the public response seems to have been, I’ve gotten many personal messages from fellow Googlers expressing their gratitude for bringing up these very important issues which they agree with but would never have the courage to say or defend because of our shaming culture and the possibility of being fired. This needs to change.

TL:DR

Google’s political bias has equated the freedom from offense with psychological safety, but shaming into silence is the antithesis of psychological safety.

This silencing has created an ideological echo chamber where some ideas are too sacred to be honestly discussed.

The lack of discussion fosters the most extreme and authoritarian elements of this ideology.

Extreme: all disparities in representation are due to oppression

Authoritarian: we should discriminate to correct for this oppression

Differences in distributions of traits between men and women may in part explain why we don’t have 50% representation of women in tech and leadership. Discrimination to reach equal representation is unfair, divisive, and bad for business.

more at the link of course

Reading the whole thing and it's hard to think of this guy as the nutter, alt-right, mgtow, mra, sociopath he is being made out to be, OR that this document is the horribly nasty document that should get him fired.

It does have a lot of phrases in it guaranteed to set off the sanctimonious social justice set.

Seems like a quite reasonable stance to take and nothing anyone should be embarrassed having written.

Top comment at gizmodo:

Peter still hates Kinja
8/05/17 4:58pm
Thus answering the question I didn’t realized I had, “if you put a sociopathic technocrat in a a room with nothing but a word processor and the sound of his own voice, what would he write?”

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Correct me if I am wrong, but hadn't it been determined previously that the tech/computer industries tend to attract a high number of libertarians?

Because the current Google drama doc seems to come straight out of a Thomas Sowell textbook.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Correct me if I am wrong, but hadn't it been determined previously that the tech/computer industries tend to attract a high number of libertarians?
Silicon Valley especially, though what I see here is only vaguely libertarian, only to the extent Christina Hoff Sommers who is a Democrat holds libertarian positions.

It's more like Social Justice Nonsense and Intersectionality attract high numbers of wanna be communists identitarians.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Between 20% humidity from our recent heat wave and the heavy smoke layer the Talking Pretty Heads on TV are blaming on BC forest fires, HelpingHand no longer has functional lungs.

Speaking of BC, perchance any Pitter going to be around Abbotsford for the airshow?
I'm hundreds of miles west of the nearest fire and it's like Mordor here. I'm surprised the smoke is as far south as Orgone too.
It's definitely Accumulating there. Anyone?
If you mean the smoke from the fires, it's definitely hazy here, it was absolutely dense on Thursday. My youngest said sadly "all that used to be trees and animals."[/quote]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

There you go, irrefutable evidence that the FT is part of the Alt-Reich.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Man post on Instagram about how he loves his curvy wife. Feminists lose their shit about the suggestion that men should be applauded for preferring non-supermodel-type women:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40838979

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Feminists are idiots. What man wants to raise children who are not his own? Oh wait, some guy like this I guess?

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/ ... jpg&w=1484

If you want to read more about this cuck (grade A, first class) see here: My wife and I are white evangelicals. Here’s why we chose to give birth to black triplets. OK so it is a solid pair. The two of them are in this together. Or not. No way to tell if he has sex with his wife at all. Whatever.
There is something beautiful and enriching being the only white face sitting and chatting with some of my African-American friends as my son gets his hair cut on a Saturday morning.
It's beautiful and enriching because he is the only white face there? If there were more white faces it would be less beautiful and enriching? It seems he is feeling pretty good about the fact he's so tolerant, unpredjucided and generally wonderful.

And I thought his god had a problem with prideful people.
Not sad to see the end of those two respective germlines, both of which obviously contain the fucking retard gene.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Lsuoma wrote:Man post on Instagram about how he loves his curvy wife. Feminists lose their shit about the suggestion that men should be applauded for preferring non-supermodel-type women:

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Shatterface wrote:The US has led the field in endoscopy since the Sixties.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/i ... e_7811.jpg

While many men have fantasied about entering Raquel Welch,
only one man it seems has had her enter them.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:Man post on Instagram about how he loves his curvy wife. Feminists lose their shit about the suggestion that men should be applauded for preferring non-supermodel-type women:

A woman's looks are completely irrelevant. It's her charming personality that you fall in love with.
Love_at_first_errr.jpg
(151.19 KiB) Downloaded 329 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

A woman's looks are completely irrelevant. It's her charming personality that you fall in love with.
Love_at_first_errr.jpg
This is transphobic. Surely you meant to post a picture of Zinnia :bjarte:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ladies and Gentlemen.... Julia Pugachevsky
original-grid-image-5429-1445331233-13.jpg
(68.94 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
original-grid-image-20917-1445334105-4.jpg
(49.37 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
I'd give that Pugachevsky my cobra.

Surprise, surprise, Julia is YA single, lonely Relationship Columnist who sucks at relationships:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jarrylee/three ... .amYwdMBMz

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: A woman's looks are completely irrelevant. It's her charming personality that you fall in love with.
Love_at_first_errr.jpg
This is transphobic. Surely you meant to post a picture of Zinnia :bjarte:
Hey, a sexy voice isn't as important as a tender heart.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

InfraRedBucket wrote:

Actually, I think it's a theme in at least two of her movies

(You can skip forward to 2:17 for the damning evidence)

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Today's my first wedding anniversary! Things are going well so far, except we both put on weight. I said goodbye to my abs a few of months ago. I take responsibility as I do the majority of the cooking. Also being on the road 12+ weeks a year doesn't help.
Congratulations. Not on the gaining weight bit, but that happens to the best of us. Many more (anniversaries, not pounds) to come for you both.
What the young don't realise is that gaining a little solidity is simply a statement of one's triumph over mortality. FFS, why does anyone watch "MILFs"? - because they have bodies that show the fulfillment of what is only promised in the curvy but uselessly inexperienced hips of teens.

I'm beginning to sound like Heinlein in his later years. It might be better to shoot me now. Should I ever start rhapsodizing about pregnant bodies, dark areolae, or, god help us, stretch marks, I'd be grateful if you would actually pull the trigger. Thanks, and all that.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote:
Thanks for the Hawkwind (did I ever spill the beans about them, the marijuana grow-op and the pop festival that required lots of chemical toilets? Just ask, if you dare.)

Here's some Kate Bush on the same subject:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I'd give that Pugachevsky my cobra.
https://memecrunch.com/meme/4HB0T/you-d ... ?w=400&c=1

dogen

Post by dogen »

screwtape wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Thanks for the Hawkwind (did I ever spill the beans about them, the marijuana grow-op and the pop festival that required lots of chemical toilets? Just ask, if you dare.)

Here's some Kate Bush on the same subject:
..and here's some awesome Stadium House that samples Kate Bush:

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

I'm not really sure what's going on here but it's still pretty glorious. I almost feel like understanding it would spoil the effect.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I'd give that Pugachevsky my cobra.
https://memecrunch.com/meme/4HB0T/you-d ... ?w=400&c=1
Sproinggg!!
Sproing.jpg
(20.22 KiB) Downloaded 267 times

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Guest_936d3dec wrote: Metaburbia asks the obvious question. The reply suggests what, I'm not sure, but it seems as if she wanted to be protected from seeing the document (which was a shared google doc that she probably had to click a link to get to)

At about the same time, some dipshit calls for her to be fired and she explains that she does not know what the First Amendment is about. (Maybe Popehat will correct her.)
Quit. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Friend took a sheet metal course years ago. Top three in the class. A woman and a native indian were picked by the local airline company - Air Canada in Vancouver - and they were near the bottom of the class, the top three in the class - all white males - were not hired. Well, the joke - if you can call airline safety, cause sheet metal repairs on airliners is all about safety - is on the PC company. My friend was hired by a company that does nothing but fix Boeing 737's. And the company only hires the best, which is almost always a white male. A lot of the best talent - white males - left the PC airline company with it's better pay and benefits because they could not stand the PC nonsense and watching hacks being hired and promoted above them and went to the same company my friend works at. Bottom line, the company my friend works at is now the best company in the world for fixing 737's. The PC airline company? LOL! The manager has experienced white guys checking over all of the work done by the PC idiot hires. The place is now so inefficient that said PC company is now sourcing out repairs to place like where my friend works. Where the professional white guys work. White guys are assholes. But they do keep planes from falling out of the sky.

There is a reason why the private company my friend works at can make a profit from fixing those old planes and a nonsensical gov't subsidized PC correct POS shit company like Air Canada cannot.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Guest_936d3dec wrote: Metaburbia asks the obvious question. The reply suggests what, I'm not sure, but it seems as if she wanted to be protected from seeing the document (which was a shared google doc that she probably had to click a link to get to)

Quit. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Friend took a sheet metal course years ago. Top three in the class. A woman and a native indian were picked by the local airline company - Air Canada in Vancouver - and they were near the bottom of the class, the top three in the class - all white males - were not hired. Well, the joke - if you can call airline safety, cause sheet metal repairs on airliners is all about safety - is on the PC company. My friend was hired by a company that does nothing but fix Boeing 737's. And the company only hires the best, which is almost always a white male. A lot of the best talent - white males - left the PC airline company with it's better pay and benefits because they could not stand the PC nonsense and watching hacks being hired and promoted above them and went to the same company my friend works at. Bottom line, the company my friend works at is now the best company in the world for fixing 737's. The PC airline company? LOL! The manager has experienced white guys checking over all of the work done by the PC idiot hires. The place is now so inefficient that said PC company is now sourcing out repairs to place like where my friend works. Where the professional white guys work. White guys are assholes. But they do keep planes from falling out of the sky.

There is a reason why the private company my friend works at can make a profit from fixing those old planes and a nonsensical gov't subsidized PC correct POS shit company like Air Canada cannot.
Everyone is pro-merit at 35,000 ft.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

screwtape wrote:
Hunt wrote: Years ago Israeli doctors were developing a tiny pill-sized camera you could swallow, and it would take pictures of your innards all the way through. Haven't heard anything more about it.

Must be the Nazis.
Capsule enteroscopy - widely available now. Obviously the Nazis decided to promote it.
Really? News to me. Then why am I drinking Fleet? Doctors are sadists. Present company excepted, of course.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

InfraRedBucket wrote:

My dad actually thought Fantasitc Voyage was a great movie for us to watch cause biology and science;

But 'One Million Years BC" for anthropology? Not so much. He just said watch it for the tits.

http://cinema-stache.com/wp-content/upl ... -welch.jpg

OK, he didn't say watch it for the tits. But I watched it for the tits anyway.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

screwtape wrote:
Hunt wrote: Years ago Israeli doctors were developing a tiny pill-sized camera you could swallow, and it would take pictures of your innards all the way through. Haven't heard anything more about it.

Must be the Nazis.
Capsule enteroscopy - widely available now. Obviously the Nazis decided to promote it.
Probably just gave really shitty results.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Friend took a sheet metal course years ago
I took a shit metal course once. It kinda stuck. I even earn money from it.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Wow. This is the first bikini, July 5, 1946,:
http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays ... nis_07.jpg

This is America's take almost two decades later:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_ ... o-1963.jpg

America, you got some catching up to do. BTW, I loved all over the Anette/Franki beach blanket bingo things.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

The bikini certainly can make an impression - even when it's not there

Jack Wooster

Post by Jack Wooster »

rayshul wrote:So here's like a thing that's like...

Dr Who right

The black lesbian character people have been bitching about?

I legit think she's probably my favourite companion of all of them
One of my all time favourites as well, along with the boy in a skirt, they had for three years.

Jack Wooster

Post by Jack Wooster »

MarcusAu wrote:
rayshul wrote:So here's like a thing that's like...

Dr Who right

The black lesbian character people have been bitching about?

I legit think she's probably my favourite companion of all of them
I quite liked the penguin.
Ah classic Who, when the show took itself seriously not like the new nonsense.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LJtJxWahXfg/V ... _large.jpg

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Inspired by that clip a few pages back, I just watched The Big Sleep in its entirety. One interesting thing I noticed about it, as a reflection of the current political climate, is how tough the women are, how really strongly drawn as characters. Those women aren't pussies, and they're not damsels.

Also noticeable is the flirting - the expert flirting - that goes on, from both sexes.

And the fact that people seem to be having a lot of casual sex, but nobody's making a big deal out of it.

And people talked differently in the past, more smarter.

But we've got electrolytes now!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

rayshul wrote:Reading this book I feel like autists are our best weapon against SJWs
Welp,

I have another book for you after you read that one. I have the book, I just have not yet read it yet. Kill All Normies: Online Culture Wars From 4Chan And Tumblr To Trump And The Alt-Right

OK So I can hear you going ... WTF? You are going to recommend a book you have not read?

Well, I have read some reviews so it is on my list. I have a couple of books I have to finish first. But I am going to read it.

Anywho, reviews follow -

First up is Vox: If you want to know how the alt-right upended American politics, read Kill All Normies

Vox? Those waking buckets of slime!!! How can I recommend something from Vox? Simple, in this case it is an interview. Read this first.

(For those of you who want to know what the problem is with Vox, read this :Charles Murray is once again peddling junk science about race and IQ. Agenda much? OK so the headline has poisoned the well, as well as smearing Murray. Now read the article. Basically they agree with Murray. Yep. Go on and read it. See for yourself. Do not take my word on it.

Next: From National Review (they are kind of bemused and amused and somehow I get the impression they think that this a passing fad) : The Kids Are Alt-Right
It is partly such a mindset that Angela Nagle, in her new book Kill All Normies, says the multifarious alt-right is defining itself against. Nagle’s delightfully short treatment of this movement is stuffed with charming asides, the most endearing of which asserts her openness to the possibility that her tour through the “ironical in-jokey maze of meaning” created by the right-wing activists may document nothing more than a strange and passing moment.
Next up. Salon. Being Salon they can not help themselves. As is normal for them, they derp through this. Read it anyway.
Interview: Angela Nagle’s “Kill All Normies” exposes history of alt-right and racist Pepe memes
Angela Nagle spent years studying the online evolution of the alt-right and how they normalized white nationalism
Spanning the ideological extremes on both sides of aisle, “Kill All Normies” leaves no one off the hook. Though Nagle shows the alt-right and its little brother the alt-light as abhorrent in both their means and end, she also stipulates that the identity politicking, virtue signaling “Tumblr left” on the opposite end of the spectrum are certainly not blameless. They were, after all, preoccupied with online infighting as a means of desperately performing their wokeness while they could’ve been standing guard against the alt-right’s burgeoning extremism.

Though she says she’s optimistic for the left’s future — should people begin abandoning and speaking out against this small but vocal and surprisingly vengeful sect — there’s no questioning the fact that undoing the now-inflated and emboldened alt-right will be as challenging as it is critical.
Next up. NYMag The Unflattering Familiarity of the Alt-Right in Angela Nagle’s Kill All Normies with some quotes (not necessarily in sequence so you have to read the article to figure it out). BTW. I hardly ever bother to read them these days. I usually have better things to do with my time.
She writes in her conclusion that the left’s “embarrassing and toxic online politics” have made it “a laughing stock for a whole new generation” — a dynamic typified by the recent student protests at Evergreen State, which, to outsiders at least, look totally insane.
Nagle suspects — rightly in my view — that the real damage of the “Tumblrization of left-politics” may have been to spur a “brain drain from the left,” as people fled from a political brand increasingly associated with hysteria, witch-hunting, and intolerance of dissent.
Nagle’s origin story here will be familiar to people who have followed the alt-right — Rosie Gray, David Auerbach, and others have long pinpointed its debt to chan and Reddit culture. Yet more than most writers on this issue, Nagle’s account of the alt-right puts a heavy emphasis on the extent to which it emerged alongside, and defined itself in opposition to, an analogous left-wing subculture that over the last five years came to exert a powerful influence in online political discourse. This subculture, which Nagle calls “Tumblr liberalism” but whose members are better known by the pejorative term “social justice warriors,” developed on Tumblr, social media, and in certain sections of the academy before spilling out into the mainstream during the late Obama years, thanks in part to signal boosts from websites like Salon, Upworthy, and BuzzFeed. Nagle’s book is as much a polemic against the unforced errors committed by this brand of left politics as it is an assault on the new right, which, for the unconverted at any rate, tends to discredit itself.
Annnnnnd I am going to end the series from one from Vice. Lawl Vice. You guys were great once. Now you are just lightweight when you are not being just plain retarded. 'Kill All Normies' Is About the Alt-Right But the Left Ends Up Looking Worse
Nagle approaches the alt-right as a tangle of wayward factions, united in their loathing of the left. Named for Marxist theorist Antonio Gramsci who argued that political change follows cultural change, the "Gramscian Alt-Light" are those people you've seen on 4chan threads: creative, angry, unpredictable, but politically vacuous and messy. The "Manosphere" are men threatened by feminists, who they claim augur in civilizational decline and "cucking." They have converted their misogyny into racism, which links them with more old-fashioned far-right bigotry.

What each group shares is a fear of the future, an atomized life spent forever alone. With its promise of a collective identity, the alt-right can seduce and assimilate these groups, lending them a sense of coherent identity.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:Friend took a sheet metal course years ago
I took a shit metal course once. It kinda stuck. I even earn money from it.
When/if you reach the same levels of shittiness as Nickleback, let me know and I'll pop round with my shotgun.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Thanks for these, have been reading through Andrew.

I have some theories on IQ which are that immigrants (unless they were forced or dragged into immigration) are always going to have IQs higher than the general population because, you know, there's a bar to get in - one person has to have the smarts to build resources, travel overseas, and strive for excellence, while the other person just needs a mother who knows how to squat and push. I just have never seen anyone match IQs like that before.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MacGruberKnows wrote:

Jesus, I thought South Africa was flushing itself down the bog. Turns out the ANC were visionaries ahead of their time. Now if you Canadians could just up the level of corruption and crime a bit you'd be just about caught up. You already seem to have the nepotism levels to challenge for the crown. You must be so proud to have a fine leader like Justin representing you on the world stage, but we still have you beat there. Our limpet has ascended to heights of shamelessness which I don't think Justin can hope to emulate.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ the regressive springs into action for a terrorist atrocity which didn't actually, like, um hurt anyone.

In fact, according to police: "There were no injuries, but a room in the building was damaged and worshipers were shaken."

The horror.

I recall in another time, PZ "didn't have much to say" about Paris.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... 9j9EpzFdQR

But a squib in a mosque? Go Peez, go!
Someone threw an Improvised Explosive Device through a window in Bloomington yesterday. Police are baffled.

Neither the FBI nor the Bloomington Police Department, which initially responded to the explosion, speculated on a motive for the incident.

“At this point, our focus is to determine who and why,” Potts said at a news conference. “Is it a hate crime? Is it an act of terror? … Again, that’s what the investigation is going to determine.”

We know a few things already.

A Bloomington mosque was attacked with an explosive device Saturday as people were preparing for morning prayers, investigators and witnesses said.

A bomb was thrown into a religious building before the start of their services, but it might not have been an act of terror. OK. It might not have been intended to intimidate or discourage practitioners of a certain religion that has mobs of haters who blame them for their problems.

OK.

I’ll wait patiently while the cops try to figure it out. At least they aren’t responding by shooting people, which is a step forward.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:
A bomb was thrown into a religious building before the start of their services, but it might not have been an act of terror. OK. It might not have been intended to intimidate or discourage practitioners of a certain religion that has mobs of haters who blame them for their problems.
Way back when, like 2005, "New Atheism" proposed that this describes a select minority of all religions, and that as long as religion exists, so will the problem. (How does this not fit the description of how radical Islam considers Christianity?) And then, a few years later, a faction of total boobs fucked up "New Atheism" so much that the message became terminally diluted.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

gurugeorge wrote:Inspired by that clip a few pages back, I just watched The Big Sleep in its entirety. One interesting thing I noticed about it, as a reflection of the current political climate, is how tough the women are, how really strongly drawn as characters. Those women aren't pussies, and they're not damsels.

Also noticeable is the flirting - the expert flirting - that goes on, from both sexes.

And the fact that people seem to be having a lot of casual sex, but nobody's making a big deal out of it.

This is kind of a corollary to Kirb's "just as bad as". Women could never have been strong and independent in film, which is of course a diss to Katharine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall and a whole host of others. Don't you know, strong, independent women began with the Mary Sues of Star Wars and numerous derivative characters? And of course, there's the ground breaking Wonder Woman. :roll:

Most of the people who think these are really path-breaking novelties of liberation are either ignorant or stupid, and probably both. I think it's a product of the earnest wishful thinking to be in cutting-edge, ground breaking times. And we aren't.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

My, my. Police called to a cat holding an assault rifle in a tree:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/videos/p ... 9-c8wnqmbi

Mind you, the cat does look like Hitler.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

"People with periods."

What we're expected to say so we don't hurt this doof's feelings by implying only women menstruate.

http://imgur.com/RyvQSpz.png

Here's a twist - Muscato is getting dogpiled for this tweet. Liberals, conservatives, SJWs, TERFs, shitlords... they're all unhappy with him. Go figure.

https://twitter.com/DanielleMuscato/sta ... 0247293952

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Something makes me think that Muscato will always fall foul of 'tardy policies.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I love how regressive left whites completely shit themselves when there is a even a hint of disagreement with a "person of colour".

It is rather pathetic.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Wow. This is the first bikini, July 5, 1946,:
http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays ... nis_07.jpg

This is America's take almost two decades later:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_ ... o-1963.jpg

America, you got some catching up to do. BTW, I loved all over the Anette/Franki beach blanket bingo things.
That was just to cover up Anette's gang ink.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Goat slaughter down the Mall?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Where the fuck else would a lost city of gorillas be if not in Africa?

In any case, it's not even Earth. It's Earth-2.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

gurugeorge wrote: And people talked differently in the past, more smarter. smarterer.

FTFY

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote:Goat slaughter down the Mall?
Cuz Allah thinks its very very important that you only eat meat from an animal that you've slowly bled to death.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The reason The Big Sleep is has brilliant female characters is that Howard Hawkes hired Leigh Brackett to script it assuming she was a man and not because he went out looking for a token woman.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Revisiting one of the greatest cringe comedy of our time. I hope she does an updated version at this year's Skepticon.

feathers

Post by feathers »

I've watched that gif for several repeats. It's brilliant :D

feathers

Post by feathers »

Is that yellow thing for the capsule endoscopy? :o

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Kirbmarc wrote:A lot of SocJus scaremongering is based on false equivalence, the "Just as Bad" principle:

-mean words on the Internet ("you're a liar/you suck") as Just as Bad as sexual harassment in real life

-sexual harassment is Just as Bad as rape

-vaguely insensitive comments are Just as Bad as KKK-style racism

-disagreement about these issues is Just as Bad as hate speech

-limits on immigration are Just as Bad as Nazism

-attractive women in video games or on shirts are Just as Bad as treating real life women like objects

etc. etc. Even when there are legitimate concerns and arguments to be made the SocJus fans trot out false equivalences, in a misguided attempt to make their case stronger.
There is a bit more to this, though, Kirb.

Bearing in mind that, in SJW logic, crimes like rape aren't committed by individuals with their own agency, but rather they are committed by a demographic who then bears communal guilt regardless of which individual within that group actually committed the offence. These offences aren't the action of one person, but a sort of manifestation of the attitudes of others of that demographic. The offenders are a sort of avatar, brought into existence by the group's impure thoughts and attitudes. Similar to the idea of invoking a demon in other religions.

Therefore if you think the wrong thoughts about what constitutes 'harrassment' you are guilty of rape because your thoughts are influencing 'the ether' in the direction of more rape. If you wear a shirt with sexy ladies on, then you are increasing rape. If you call Anita a liar or say that she sucks you are causing sexual harassment by the same principle of osmosis.

feathers

Post by feathers »

rayshul wrote:Thanks for these, have been reading through Andrew.

I have some theories on IQ which are that immigrants (unless they were forced or dragged into immigration) are always going to have IQs higher than the general population because, you know, there's a bar to get in - one person has to have the smarts to build resources, travel overseas, and strive for excellence, while the other person just needs a mother who knows how to squat and push. I just have never seen anyone match IQs like that before.
Yes, the people that are most likely to leave a country for the wild blue yonder are often those with the best education (and those with the most entrepreneurial spirit), thus causing a brain drain on the country they leave.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

gurugeorge wrote:Inspired by that clip a few pages back, I just watched The Big Sleep in its entirety. One interesting thing I noticed about it, as a reflection of the current political climate, is how tough the women are, how really strongly drawn as characters. Those women aren't pussies, and they're not damsels.

Nowadays the strongly drawn female characters would be ignored in favor of touting the scene where Marlowe bitchslaps Carmen Sternwood as evidence of systemic misogyny/rape culture/violence towards women.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

piginthecity wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:A lot of SocJus scaremongering is based on false equivalence, the "Just as Bad" principle:

-mean words on the Internet ("you're a liar/you suck") as Just as Bad as sexual harassment in real life

-attractive women in video games or on shirts are Just as Bad as treating real life women like objects

etc. etc. Even when there are legitimate concerns and arguments to be made the SocJus fans trot out false equivalences, in a misguided attempt to make their case stronger.

Bearing in mind that, in SJW logic, crimes like rape aren't committed by individuals with their own agency, but rather they are committed by a demographic who then bears communal guilt regardless of which individual within that group actually committed the offence. These offences aren't the action of one person, but a sort of manifestation of the attitudes of others of that demographic. The offenders are a sort of avatar, brought into existence by the group's impure thoughts and attitudes. Similar to the idea of invoking a demon in other religions.

Therefore if you think the wrong thoughts about what constitutes 'harrassment' you are guilty of rape because your thoughts are influencing 'the ether' in the direction of more rape. If you wear a shirt with sexy ladies on, then you are increasing rape. If you call Anita a liar or say that she sucks you are causing sexual harassment by the same principle of osmosis.
You only seem to be representative of your group if you're a white male. Teenage youth torture a disabled man, but they're black? A horrorific aberration. White cop shoots black guy with knife? We need to have a talk about racism. Same with women teachers seducing male students, women murderers, and black crime.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

piginthecity wrote:

So misandry, then.