In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Old_ones wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Finally, for those of us that think enthusiastic consent is sexy.
I don't get it. What's the advantage of fucking a robot if it can talk?
BPE! Just when the hearts are gone again.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Old_ones wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Finally, for those of us that think enthusiastic consent is sexy.
21fx1p.jpg
(64.04 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Re the 40,000 email rape case:
"Around 30 rape cases about to go to trial are to be reviewed immediately and "scores" more will be looked at.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick admitted that police and prosecutors had made mistakes.

She said the 30 cases would not be reinvestigated, but would be reviewed to make sure everything that should have been disclosed had been.

The police have a duty to disclose any material to the defence that might support their case. If disclosure fails, innocent people go to jail, says the BBC's legal correspondent Clive Coleman.

"We need to learn lessons," Ms Dick told BBC Radio London, and insisted her officers were professional and fair with a "very complex job" to do."

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Shatterface wrote: I think males and females both use IT
Indeed they do, but I think Haidt's point is an extension of what Petersen and others have said about the "general" difference between men and women.
Men are more interested in "things" and women more interested in "people".
So women use the tech as a tool to connect , for better worse , for social purposes, the guys, as a solo distraction/entertainment.
But of course there is some overlap.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Shatterface wrote: I think males and females both use IT
Indeed they do, but I think Haidt's point is an extension of what Petersen and others have said about the "general" difference between men and women.
Men are more interested in "things" and women more interested in "people".
So women use the tech as a tool to connect , for better worse , for social purposes, the guys, as a solo distraction/entertainment.
But of course there is some overlap.
Memo to self. Use preview.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Old_ones wrote:
Just set her accent to Parisian mode. Those rolling 'rrrrrrrrr's will work wonders.

Set her language to French, and accent to Parisian. And let those rolling 'rrrrrrrrrr's do the rest.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matt Dillahunty is a long-winded gas bag. That is all.

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

Just set her accent to Parisian mode. Those rolling 'rrrrrrrrr's will work wonders.

Set her language to French, and accent to Parisian. And let those rolling 'rrrrrrrrrr's do the rest.
Takes complex hydraulics to make a good rrs roll

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:23 am
Finally, for those of us that think enthusiastic consent is sexy.
You know what? I am starting to think that is sexy from a design potential aspect.
Tell me when that device can serve up a big mac, and I will be in love... with the decimation of low pay service class jobs.

If sex bots are what drives this technology forward, so be it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Of course it may be confusing to people like Steermans who might attempt to mate with said McDonald's service bot only to discover that McCorporate did not deem functional anatomy important to include.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Sulman wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:08 am
Whatever your opinion of the EU, what's happening with Poland is unprecedented and very worrying. It is precisely the kind of overreach that characterises the worst of Brussels.

I'm starting to think that Brexit might be irrelevant, as in a couple of years there might not be an EU to leave.
What is happening in Poland is worrying: A government of ultra-Catholic fanatics is trying to do away with the independence of the courts, and is about to destroy large parts of one of the most valuable nature reserves in Europe to help their cronies make a quick buck. But an EU-hating dimwit like you thinks the EU is the real problem here. What a fucking moron. What a blinkered idiot. I hate to share a forum with lowlifes like you.

The Slymepit used to be a den of sceptics. But it is becoming more and more the mirror image of the SJWs we have been agitating against. Nietzsche was right, I guess.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Sex robot out of control

https://media.giphy.com/media/33AVaMpLAK96U/giphy.gif

be careful out there

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Jan Steen wrote: I hate to share a forum with lowlifes like you.
https://media.giphy.com/media/Wvo6vaUsQa3Di/200.gif

HAHAHA!

What a fanny!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MacGruberKnows wrote: Sex robot out of control

https://media.giphy.com/media/33AVaMpLAK96U/giphy.gif

be careful out there

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

screwtape wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:31 pm
From the President of Wilfrid Laurier's statement: "It bears repeating in the current context that Laurier’s support for our lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer and two-spirited (LGBTQ2S) campus community and transgender people in particular is unwavering."

Do I even want to know what "two-spirited" means? Is there going to be back-lash against the suggestion that two is the maximum?

As to the idea that "Consent cannot be given by someone who is incapacitated (such as by drugs or alcohol), unconscious, or otherwise unable to understand and voluntarily give consent" (which I happen to agree with), does this not imply that anyone who has sex with a drunk man is guilty of rape, even if she didn't consent either?
Poor boy. This article Before contact, this land was a gender-fluid place will help you better understand your place as a 'visitor' to these lands. If you can be bothered, you might enjoy the comments, where it is discovered the PhD possessed by the author was granted by a disreputable degree mill in Malta that would not be recognised by real universities.
Hahaha... these comments?
Off Topic
As of December 20, 2017, we have temporarily removed commenting from our articles. We hope to have this resolved by the end of January 2018. Thank you for your patience. If you are looking to give feedback on our new site, please send it along to feedback@theglobeandmail.com. If you want to write a letter to the editor, please forward to letters@globeandmail.com.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Shatterface wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:25 am
Good news.

Unlike human sales staff, automated checkouts accept Scottish fivers without giving you a look like you'd just slapped your cock in their hands.

Starting to think the singularity might not be so bad after all.
My daughter wanted a bus fare and I only had a Scottish fiver. I said, "Don't risk giving that to a bus driver, go to the shops, buy a pack of gum and get changed. She went in the minimart, the news agent, and the off-licence and all of them refused to take it. Finally she was able to get the chemists to take it... they aren't allowed to take them but the guy behind the counter was Scottish and was heading up there for Xmas.

And I tried to give an old five pound note to a shop the other day, only to be told that I have to take it to the bank. So I gave them a new fiver and said, "what are you going to do with that?". She looked at me blankly, so I said,"You are going to take that to the bank aren't you? ...so why can't you take this old one to the bank?".

I despair of this country sometimes.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Jan Steen wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:18 pm
Sulman wrote:
Whatever your opinion of the EU, what's happening with Poland is unprecedented and very worrying. It is precisely the kind of overreach that characterises the worst of Brussels.

I'm starting to think that Brexit might be irrelevant, as in a couple of years there might not be an EU to leave.
What is happening in Poland is worrying: A government of ultra-Catholic fanatics is trying to do away with the independence of the courts, and is about to destroy large parts of one of the most valuable nature reserves in Europe to help their cronies make a quick buck. But an EU-hating dimwit like you thinks the EU is the real problem here. What a fucking moron. What a blinkered idiot. I hate to share a forum with lowlifes like you.

The Slymepit used to be a den of sceptics. But it is becoming more and more the mirror image of the SJWs we have been agitating against. Nietzsche was right, I guess.
"The Slymepit used to be a den of sceptics."
Yeah, and who let in the assholes who's kneejerk reaction is to start throwing out insults every time anybody dares to criticize the the People's Republik of Utopia?

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Nazi Prez Trump commutes sentence of fellow white collar criminal...or ZOG house-Goy Trump shows his hand again? I dunno. TYT & Brother Nate can sort it out. There's a joke in there somewhere involving Kosher meatpacking in the current political climate, but I can't manage right now (nudges Billy).

"Trump Commutes Jail Sentence Of Sholom Rubashkin, Kosher Meat Exec"

"Jailed kosher meat executive Sholom Rubashkin, whose Iowa-based meatpacking firm Agriprocessors was the subject of what at the time was the largest immigration raid in U.S. history, will go free following a commutation issued Wednesday evening by President Trump.

Rubashkin’s firm was the subject of a major Forward investigative series in 2006 and 2007. The Forward uncovered poor treatment of workers and animals at the plant.

In 2009, Rubashkin was found guilty of 86 counts of bank fraud and sentenced to 27 years in prison. In the years since, the Chabad Lubavitch Hasidic group, of which he is a member, and other Orthodox Jews have campaigned for his freedom.

In a statement, the White House said that the commutation was not a pardon. “It does not vacate Mr. Rubashkin’s conviction, and it leaves in place a term of supervised release and a substantial restitution obligation,” the White House said."

https://forward.com/fast-forward/390539 ... meat-exec/

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Shatterface wrote: Good news.

Unlike human sales staff, automated checkouts accept Scottish fivers without giving you a look like you'd just slapped your cock in their hands.

Starting to think the singularity might not be so bad after all.
"...And thus the "Scottish Fiver" joined the Urban dictionary alongside the Cleveland Steamer & the Dutch Oven, slowing retail trade between Scots & already tight-fisted Brits in the wake of Brexit..."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Easy J wrote:
Shatterface wrote: ... you'd just slapped your cock in their hands.
... already tight-fisted Brits....
Would it be inappropriate to say, 'keep the change'?

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Fuck, I suck at life! Should've been "in the grip of Brexit".

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jan, that would have had far more weight coming from the mouths of fish.

The correct formulation is “I’m out”

Failing that, a reasonable counter argument. And the point was a political not a religious or environmental one.

Given that, I’m assuming you are not arguing for a Dutch model are you?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Easy J wrote: Fuck, I suck at life! Should've been "in the grip of Brexit".
:) Amazing how often that happens to so many people - fashioning a bon mot of sorts and launching it into the void only to realize there was a more apt phrasing ....

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

12 people injured in Melbourne rogue car attack. Even if it’s not a cultural diversity operation the peps are still triggered.

Merry Xmas.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Guilty until proven innocent.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Steersman wrote:
Easy J wrote: Fuck, I suck at life! Should've been "in the grip of Brexit".
:) Amazing how often that happens to so many people - fashioning a bon mot of sorts and launching it into the void only to realize there was a more apt phrasing ....
I'm getting better, though. I started off closer to this:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
Sulman wrote:

"The Slymepit used to be a den of sceptics."
Yeah, and who let in the assholes who's kneejerk reaction is to start throwing out insults every time anybody dares to criticize the the People's Republik of Utopia?
The EU? Some faint similarities between the europhiles & europhobes on the one hand, and the big-enders & little-enders on the other. :-) Though I figure that the EU is acting like a jilted lover, a "bunny-boiler" as I think you used the term at one point, and that Britain will be well-shut of that failed experiment. If and when that happens though I'm hopeful.

But there is maybe some cause for apprehension on some of the policies of Poland, Hungary, and several other countries for whom the bloom is clearly off that rose as well. However, it sure looks like immigration is the sticking point and those countries seem the only ones willing to take the proverbial bull by the horns:
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/11 ... nt-crisis/
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/12 ... tube-jail/
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... gee-quotas
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/12 ... tion-norm/
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1155 ... lamization
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1148 ... sis-exodus
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/10 ... rge-soros/

Etc., etc., etc.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote: Guilty until proven innocent.
I’ve found it interesting that it’s hard to get information about even the sex of the driver. Both the ABC and 9 here at the gym are just referring to them as ‘the driver’.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:
I’ve found it interesting that it’s hard to get information about even the sex of the driver. Both the ABC and 9 here at the gym are just referring to them as ‘the driver’.
Not a good sign. Glad we didn’t get the first 60sec of “Relax”

http://i.imgur.com/i6VYUKs.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Loved your gym-drop. I’m coming home pissed from the office Xmas lunch.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Aussie PSA

Keating

Post by Keating »

The office piss up was last week…

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nice move. Fill that buffer. But not with gym.

Are you catholic? Is this a guilt issue?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Nah,-although I was raised that way - it’s more of being with a girl I can actually actually lift thing.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Keating wrote: Nah,-although I was raised that way - it’s more of being with a girl I can actually actually lift thing.
Been there. After a few years of low rep squats & deadlifts I was able to lift my ex.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Matt Dillahunty is a long-winded gas bag. That is all.
You only just realised? ;)

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Easy J wrote:
Keating wrote: Nah,-although I was raised that way - it’s more of being with a girl I can actually actually lift thing.
Been there. After a few years of low rep squats & deadlifts I was able to lift my ex.
I wipe my cock on the curtains and she hits the fucking roof.

(Old 'uns are the best!)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote:

Passenger and driver both have mental health issues .. "allegedly" :shifty:

https://i.imgur.com/8SNJUYe.png

KenD

Post by KenD »

My workplace in Wales decided to give us all a Christmas treat by bringing in a local European Social Fund funded ‘diversity and inclusion’ charity. They were mainly pushing leadership (cringily called “LeadHerShip”) workshops and free training in “male dominated” subjects like IT, management and finance (available to women only of course). Office menfolk like myself avoided most of it, but we did get a nice lecture about sexual harassment and problematic behaviour in the workplace, along with a presentation on male privilege and the wage gap.

A big part of it was pushing the Equal Pay Day myth that women in the company have been “working for free” since 10th November. They asked us if we’d spent more than a month’s salary on Christmas presents, then claimed that us men had effectively been given Christmas for nothing just because we're male, while our female colleagues had to pay for it.

None of that's particularly new or surprising, so I won't bore you all by ranting on about it, but there were a couple of things that stood out for me. Firstly, here’s the crappy infographic they were using to demonstrate the pay gap on their posters and Powerpoints:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOQWy2hX4AA-K9j.jpg

All the recent tranny troubles have probably influenced my thinking, but at a glance I thought it was something to do with gender neutral toilets. It’s actually meant to represent the “pay cut” that women suffer because of the “man’s world” they work in. Would anyone have instantly grasped that without it being explained?

Secondly, their materials showed the wage gap broken down by county — something I haven’t seen before — and if anything that did a better job than I could of messing with their own narrative. The ONS statistics they used are the same ones on the map of the pay gap in this BBC piece.

On average men in full time employment earn 9% per hour more than women in the UK, which drops to around a 6% gap in Wales. But there are also locations where the average woman is paid considerably more than the average man:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag8v2qp9lrx9a ... .jpg?raw=1

The company I work for has offices spread along the North Wales coast in Denbighshire, Conwy and Gwynedd. All locations where the pay gap is reversed, with women earning on average 14% to 23% per hour more than men.

According to their own documents, that "charity" received several million £ in funding specifically to “close the pay gap” in a part of the country where the pay gap is not just closed but significantly reversed.

Regional wage gaps in the “wrong” direction are hard to explain when the overall figure is presented as a clear case of patriarchal discrimination against women. By the same logic I must be living in a sheep shagger matriarchy where men like me “work for free” for months every year. The contradiction there makes the case that there’s something more complex going on.

I raised a polite question about the figures and basically got told to shut up and keep quiet, but I think a couple of people who hadn’t really questioned what they were being told were at least a bit confused about it. I need that job so I wasn’t going to push it...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Jan Steen wrote:
Sulman wrote:

The situation in Poland is likely a violation of the Copenhagen criteria, and a process of the EU to ensure the respect of those membership criteria is likely warranted, but the larger problem seem to be a division between Eastern and Western Europe about some themes (mostly immigration).

What seems confusing to me is that the government of Spain seems to be guilty of violating the Copenhagen criteria too (what with the definitely non-democratic reaction to the Catalan independence referendum) yet the EU didn't seem to react in that case. I think that this leaves the distinct impression that the EU selectively enforces rules whenever it's convenient to some circles, rather than applying them fairly.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KenD - I hope there was alcohol and you were pissed throughout. I suspect though that happened without anaesthetic.

:shifty:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Selective enforcement really undermines the respect for any kind of rule. I think that the EU has a rather strong case for sanctions against Poland, but the lack of any action against Spain makes the case look like it's motivated by differences in Eastern vs. Western European approach to the Union rather than about democracy and the rule of law.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: ht.tps://twitter.com/sonnenrad101/status/943736981623681026

Passenger and driver both have mental health issues .. "allegedly" :shifty:

https://i.imgur.com/8SNJUYe.png
Oh how the confusion mounts.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Keating wrote:
Keating wrote:
A year or so ago the beard might have been a clue to xer gender, now fuck knows.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:55 pm
Re the 40,000 email rape case:
"Around 30 rape cases about to go to trial are to be reviewed immediately and "scores" more will be looked at.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick admitted that police and prosecutors had made mistakes.

She said the 30 cases would not be reinvestigated, but would be reviewed to make sure everything that should have been disclosed had been.

The police have a duty to disclose any material to the defence that might support their case. If disclosure fails, innocent people go to jail, says the BBC's legal correspondent Clive Coleman.

"We need to learn lessons," Ms Dick told BBC Radio London, and insisted her officers were professional and fair with a "very complex job" to do."
Wait, what is the name of the female commissioner reviewing rape cases?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Failing that, a reasonable counter argument. And the point was a political not a religious or environmental one.

I, for one, know I am.

http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/up ... 2017_1.jpg

Keating

Post by Keating »

KenD wrote: I raised a polite question about the figures and basically got told to shut up and keep quiet, but I think a couple of people who hadn’t really questioned what they were being told were at least a bit confused about it. I need that job so I wasn’t going to push it...
That sucks. So, no chance you'll James Damore them?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Jan Steen wrote:
Sulman wrote:

Remember the advice that we used to give newbies here?

Don't take anything too seriously, and don't take anything personally.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I thought we gave people a basket of lynx.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Keating wrote: I thought we gave people a basket of lynx.
I thought we just told them to fuck off.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So to summarise the latest you tube drama(s) on the back of a postage stamp:

Kraut & Tea - uses 'by any means necessary' tactics to push back against race-realists on the 'Alt-Right'. To no good effect.

Based Mama - insists on 3 year NDA and 16 month Non Competitive contracts for the Kilroy event, causing it to implode.

People (well Vee & Sargon for two), start to take a closer look at anti-SJW gadfly, and all round shit-stirrer Coach Red Pill.

Interesting times.

Well it's a break from the grim reality of life in Australia or South Africa, I suppose.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

feathers wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:49 pm

I, for one, know I am.

http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/up ... 2017_1.jpg
the polish model is far more traditional

https://www.slavorum.org/wp-content/upl ... 3_1280.jpg

it will even give a german an uprising

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Police held a press conference 10 mins ago re the car of peace.

Apparently the driver injured the arresting officer who had to go to hospital.
Apparently the incident was intentional.

No news on the background of the dude and no mention of terrorism. But no denial either - which normally is pretty quick when the penis-tip swab comes back negative for camel-shit.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:21 am
What seems confusing to me is that the government of Spain seems to be guilty of violating the Copenhagen criteria too (what with the definitely non-democratic reaction to the Catalan independence referendum) yet the EU didn't seem to react in that case. I think that this leaves the distinct impression that the EU selectively enforces rules whenever it's convenient to some circles, rather than applying them fairly.
I'm not certain the Spanish government actually violated the convention, even if they arguably handled the situation in a ham-fisted way. This is the right of a people's autonomy versus a country's right to defend its integrity. (The reaction to the referendum is irrelevant here as it was clear upfront the referendum was illegal).

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Jan Steen wrote:
Sulman wrote:

Virgin forest in Romania has been plundered by Western EU members for years without much hindrance. Now suddenly destruction of nature is an issue. Why?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote: est in Romania has been plundered by Western EU members for years wit
There is a another tradition for a greater number of people. They either browse anonymously and never join, or join up and make one or two posts at most.

How about an Xmas amnesty?

First time posters please introduce yourself, or at least post something.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

x-posting fuck up...

I blame the 'Tit.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Sunder wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:59 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
It doesn't matter if he's everything that you say he is. The point is that there is a genuine harassment campaign targeting him which was instigated by a lying grifter. Are you suggesting that SJW hate mobs are only a problem if they smear the wrong people?
I've got no compunctions about "victim blaming." Guy pokes a beehive. Guy gets stung. This isn't a Charles Murray situation. He wasn't performing any kind of public service despite attempts to spin it that way.

Jeremy is as much a cynical, manipulative crybully as Sprankle. Or Sarkeesian. This whole ordeal has been a great boon to his notoriety and his two Patreons and 3-4 Youtube/Twitter accounts.
I don't see the guy as a crybully at all. He may be a bit of a dick sometimes but he has not done what he is being accused of doing and is being careful to ensure that he can back up his complaints with evidence. A crybully is someone who hides behind victimhood to avoid the consequences of their actions. The difference her is that Jeremy is not trying to back away from his opinions of Sprankle, he is pushing back against the campaign to smear him. People are being encouraged to go after him IRL by publishing his address. People have a right to be dicks, even cynical dicks, without a mob spreading lies to justify attempts to harm them. The SJW mob tactics are a problem regardless of who they are directed at.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:21 am
I'm not certain the Spanish government actually violated the convention, even if they arguably handled the situation in a ham-fisted way. This is the right of a people's autonomy versus a country's right to defend its integrity. (The reaction to the referendum is irrelevant here as it was clear upfront the referendum was illegal).
I think there is plenty of room to argue that thr reaction to the referendum violated the parts about respecting human rights and minority rights.

Nevertheless it's pretty bad for the EU to say nothing after Spain had law enforcement beat up voters while they pontificate about the dangers to democracy that a change in Polish legislation might bring.

The EU leadership had declared that the Catalan shenanigans were an internal issue of Spain but they seem suddenly concerned by the internal issues of Poland about Polish courts and natural reserves.

There's a reason why EU institutions are losing support, and blaming the public isn't a good idea.