Post by Shatterface »

In Soviet Tarantinski Gimp uses you.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Ape+lust »

feathers wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:No worries, my sense of humour doesn't really work in a visual way. Short of doing captions, i hardly ever do shoops.
It's all a question of victim points. What ranks higher, being a woman & conservative or a man but one-eyed & using Gimp?
You mean, one-eyed & 1 of only 3 in the western hemisphere using GIMP for more than bumper stickers. My heroic struggle against oppressively useful software puts me at the top of any progessive stack.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Gimp user wins. Thats more of a handicap than having one eye,

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I stumbled across this in my research on surveys, and I thought it might interest some people here. According to this research, praying for hospitalized people, 4-10 years after their stay in the hospital, can reduce the time that they were there. :lol:

Effects of remote, retroactive intercessory prayer on outcomes in patients with bloodstream infection: randomised controlled trial

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Fucking Hell, here we go again. If it's not pandering to Islam it's showing off their latest gay pride noddy cars and now this shite. British police we're once the envy of the world now they're fast becoming the laughing stock. :oops:

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

shoutinghorse wrote:Fucking Hell, here we go again. If it's not pandering to Islam it's showing off their latest gay pride noddy cars and now this shite. British police we're once the envy of the world now they're fast becoming the laughing stock. :oops:
I wish they were walking through Luton after dark.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote:Fucking Hell, here we go again. If it's not pandering to Islam it's showing off their latest gay pride noddy cars and now this shite. British police we're once the envy of the world now they're fast becoming the laughing stock. :oops:
Cardiff: Quit fucking around and hire these guys already. They'll keep you safe while you fuss over your footwear.

https://imgur.com/HQPfgE5.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If you want to walk a mile in a Muslim's shoes you can usually find a pair unattended in the lobby of the mosque.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

There's so much that is odd with that "walk in her shoes for a mile" nonsense. To symbolise women, they use a deliberately impractical luxury item designed to advertise status, disposable incomem and the fact that she does not have to engage in manual labour. How many women actually do walk a mile in these retarded fashion items?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

I am going to get a visit if I'm not careful.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Shatterface wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Shatterface wrote:My remastered version of John Carpenters The Thing just arrived. Now hoping nobody responds to my text about going out tonight.
Fucking amazing.
4k restoration. Looks like all the extras I remember from the previous releases are still here but also a bunch of new ones. A whole night's viewing.

I love this movie. One of the extras is a documentary about the films that were released the same year: 1982. That was a great year to come of age as a movie fan.
The truly amazing thing (no pun) is how well it stood the test of time. The practical effects are jaw dropping and look way better than 90% of the CGI heavy garbage we get these days. Also, the music is simply genius! Brooding, atmospheric and downright creepy in places, it suits the imagery and story perfectly.

There are few horror movies I'll rant about but the Thing is one of them. An absolute classic!

https://media.giphy.com/media/myCXWedBNUJKU/giphy.gif

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote:Elevators? :?
https://imgur.com/QefWQlZ.png

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Been away absorbed in Plains of Eidolon, the latest update for the rather spiffy f2p multiplayer co-op third person shooter Warframe, which I'm still really into so I still won't be hanging around here much for a while longer yet; but I thought I'd just drop by with this amusing video from Gemineye, re. a black teacher incensed by her kids trolling her with Trump and MAGA stuff on the walls in the classroom.

Some on the Alt Right jokingly dub the upcoming projected-to-be-quite-Right-wing Gen Z as "Generation Zyklon" - if this is the sort of thing we can expect going forward, they might not be too far off the mark. :)

More seriously and realistically, one does get the feeling that this new generation is going to be a bit like Saffy in AbFab - i.e. looking somewhat askance at the antics of their predecessor generations, sceptical of the official SJW consensus, etc.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I like how she was boasting in Dec 2015 how in love her & Adam were less than a year before he turfed her out. :lol:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote:I like how she was boasting in Dec 2015 how in love her & Adam were less than a year before he turfed her out. :lol:
Uh-huh. 9 months prior...

https://imgur.com/kpunzKF.png

Oops.

Then count back from December her 6 "loving" years and it's still 6 months before she split from Sid. Oops.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Less than 3 weeks from Skepticon and still no schedule. Still no link from the website to where the schedule will appear. This is bad, even for them.

http://lanyrd.com/2017/skepticon/

Peez's prime venue, his go-to conference for the year. Disorganized, dispirited, and sued by Richard Carrier, it fits a man of Peez's stature.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

So George W. Bush is now a big hero of freedom for making a speech where he says that white supremacy is bad and people should be more civil to each other. He doesn't even mention Trump but everyone goes gaga about how brave and inspired his criticism of Trump is.

Bush is the one who invaded Iraq after a campaign of blatant lies and created the biggest military mess that the US have found themselves in since Vietnam. He's the one who authorized waterboarding and torture, extraordinary renditions, extra-judicial killings in the name of "fighting islamic terrorism" while doing jack shit to cut ties with the biggest provider of terrorism, the GCC countries, and instead praising them as "moderate". He's the one who botched the recovery efforts after Katrina. He was the one who was so reviled by so many people that had an approval rating of only 22% when he left office. He was the one that was routinely compared to the worst of the worst, and called a complete moron countless times.

But a pretty speech that can be interpreted as a criticism of Donald Trump is all he needs to get people on his side again.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

That's a heel of a shoop. Ape, one of your best . Apart from the bizarre looking guy
wearing the multicoloured towel skirt second from right at the back.
Come on, No one would be seen out in public dressed like that.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Looks like David Blaine does more to women than saw them in half.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41697913

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Ape+lust wrote:Less than 3 weeks from Skepticon and still no schedule. Still no link from the website to where the schedule will appear. This is bad, even for them.

Peez's prime venue, his go-to conference for the year. Disorganized, dispirited, and sued by Richard Carrier, it fits a man of Peez's stature.

"1 known attendee" so far.

Can the venue cope with the demand? Where will they sit?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote:So George W. Bush is now a big hero of freedom for making a speech where he says that white supremacy is bad and people should be more civil to each other. He doesn't even mention Trump but everyone goes gaga about how brave and inspired his criticism of Trump is.

Bush is the one who invaded Iraq after a campaign of blatant lies and created the biggest military mess that the US have found themselves in since Vietnam. He's the one who authorized waterboarding and torture, extraordinary renditions, extra-judicial killings in the name of "fighting islamic terrorism" while doing jack shit to cut ties with the biggest provider of terrorism, the GCC countries, and instead praising them as "moderate". He's the one who botched the recovery efforts after Katrina. He was the one who was so reviled by so many people that had an approval rating of only 22% when he left office. He was the one that was routinely compared to the worst of the worst, and called a complete moron countless times.

But a pretty speech that can be interpreted as a criticism of Donald Trump is all he needs to get people on his side again.
Impulsive meatheads are impulsive. And meatheaded.

https://imgur.com/W6kWyBC.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Less than 3 weeks from Skepticon and still no schedule. Still no link from the website to where the schedule will appear. This is bad, even for them.

"1 known attendee" so far.

Can the venue cope with the demand? Where will they sit?
I dunno. If it's any bigger than last year's audience, they'll blow the rafters off the place.

https://imgur.com/Scl4FUs.jpg

(Peez will go no matter what, out of loyalty. The pics will be great -- a nobody in a little clutch of nobodies scrunched up against the stage)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:Impulsive meatheads are impulsive. And meatheaded.

https://imgur.com/W6kWyBC.png
Muscato isn't the only one. Apparently one speech is all you need.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Ape+lust wrote: I dunno. If it's any bigger than last year's audience, they'll blow the rafters off the place.

https://imgur.com/Scl4FUs.jpg

(Peez will go no matter what, out of loyalty. The pics will be great -- a nobody in a little clutch of nobodies scrunched up against the stage)
I want Peezus to address an audience like that, and to be constantly reminded that people would have to be turned away from a Dawkins talk because of space limitations.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Seeing how George W. Bush is rehabilitated now makes me wonder if in a few years the same thing could happen to Trump once a new "worst President ever" appears on the scene.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Kirbmarc wrote:Seeing how George W. Bush is rehabilitated now makes me wonder if in a few years the same thing could happen to Trump once a new "worst President ever" appears on the scene.
Don't even joke about Hillary as president!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:Seeing how George W. Bush is rehabilitated now makes me wonder if in a few years the same thing could happen to Trump once a new "worst President ever" appears on the scene.
There's a joke in the Nixon-era set Kong Island about how things couldn't get crazier than that.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:But a pretty speech that can be interpreted as a criticism of Donald Trump is all he needs to get people on his side again.
Therefore, Trump can unite America by just saying "I was wrong".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:But a pretty speech that can be interpreted as a criticism of Donald Trump is all he needs to get people on his side again.
Therefore, Trump can unite America by just saying "I was wrong".
Too bad that since the guy is a pathological narcissist this will never happen.

I have a crazy idea that after Trump has shown to the US the ugly side of the GOP maybe there should be someone as bad as him but on the other side, showing to the US the ugly side of the Dems. Someone so bumbling, blatantly corrupt, a horrible speaker, the most obnoxious kind of SocJus fan/Regressive and so irritatingly full of themselves that it'd get even hardcore Republicans to see Obama with warm nostalgia.And no, I don't think that Hillary Clinton fits the bill. It should be someone along the lines of a political equivalent of Steve Shives or PZ Myers...

...maybe what we need after Trump is President Brianna Wu :lol:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ape+lust wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:I like how she was boasting in Dec 2015 how in love her & Adam were less than a year before he turfed her out. :lol:

https://imgur.com/kpunzKF.png

Oops.

Then count back from December her 6 "loving" years and it's still 6 months before she split from Sid. Oops.
There's a podcast radio interview she did not long after she moved to SF where she admits she left Sid for Adam.
I can't find it now but I remember her saying she hated living in London and then giggles "and I kinda hated him"

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Oglebart wrote:I give you the comic genius that is Kate Smurthwaite.

This must rival Becky's "Reginald the Mormon" stand up routine in the cringe stakes.

.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hAStTp1RDJY

She was on Newsnight last week, part of a group discussion/interview, I'm not sure what the subject is now, but she was challenged by a guy on some point and she threatened to walk out :lol:

YouTuber and comedian Chris Dangerfield has a long running feud with her, he's got her number alright.

[youtube].https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-xx_fbCozM[/youtube]
I was impressed, briefly, with Smurthwaite, c. 2010-11. because she didn't hold back on Islam, unlike other "comedians". However, she has become insufferable, and has adopted the Owen Jones style tantrum of walking out, or threatening to walk out/hang up, when the interviewer has the temerity to speak to somebody she doesn't like.

This is actually a variation on the "disgust tactic" employed by the far left. They pretend to be so "disgusted" with a TV programme/radio station/conference that they threaten to walk out, with the implication being that they hold the moral high ground, and their opponent is such a Nazi they need to storm out. Pure optics. Funnily enough, Smutwaite was herself no-platformed by a college over her anti-sex worker stance. It got quite nasty between her and the student union who banned her, with accusations of lies, and all sorts. Ha ha.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Christ, are the Dutch still butthurt over us stealing New Amsterdam from them. You brought it with beads remember, dodgy cunts. :?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Kirbmarc wrote:So George W. Bush is now a big hero of freedom for making a speech where he says that white supremacy is bad and people should be more civil to each other. He doesn't even mention Trump but everyone goes gaga about how brave and inspired his criticism of Trump is.

George W. Bush. Scholar, Orator, Statesman.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

What fucking losers would go to Skepticon, these days?

Oh yeah, PZ Myers.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

7 speakers. 2½ men. The only event with fewer speakers was Skepticon 1.
https://skepticon.org/speakers/

So they either can't get speakers (and judging by who is coming they are having trouble finding interesting people), or they can no longer afford room, board & travel expenses. So are they taking a financial hit? Their fund raising does not look any worse than last year. Currently sitting at about $9,000.

https://skepticon.org/donate/

I wish he had kept a historical record of who worked on their project.
https://skepticon.org/team/

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Christ, are the Dutch still butthurt over us stealing New Amsterdam from them. You brought it with beads remember, dodgy cunts. :?
How come we never hear what happened to those beads? Did they invest them wisely or just blow them all on dope and hookers?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Clarence wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>
So, even though the judge thought "Z" was credible, that the accused was "argumentative and evasive", that Z "never consented to sex", he still thought that "the required mens rea" was absent, and therefore found the accused "not guilty". Don't think I've missed the essence there, and think there's still something seriously rotten in the judge's conclusion. Hope it goes to the SC as "guilty mind" seems like it should mean diddly squat if a crime was committed - which the judge basically agreed that there was credible evidence of.
Steers, you need to google "Mens Rea" and re-evaluate this. Otherwise, I'm inclined to think you are, indeed, a fascist. Mens Rea is one of the oldest concepts in British and American law, and its arguably the proliferation of laws and regulations over the past 75 or so years that ignore this concept that have brought the US and GB into the status of actual police states. "Strict Liability" bullshit is one such area of criminal law as are the violations of various statuatory regulations promulgated by unelected bureacrats. If "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" then we are ALL guilty because there is literally so much criminal and esp administrative law these days that no one knows all of it.
Thanks for the suggestion, and did so, read (some of) the Wikipedia article, and the linked article on strict liability. Complex issue and convoluted language, although one might suggest that many in the legal profession have lost sight of the idea that there's a difference between being high-minded and being soft-headed. A couple of quotes from the strict and absolute liability articles:
In R. v. G. (2005), a 15-year-old boy was convicted of statutory rape of a child under 13, a crime under Section 5 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003. The prosecution accepted the boy's claim that he had believed the 12-year-old girl to be 15, but he was nevertheless sentenced to 12 months detention. This was reduced on appeal to a conditional discharge, but, in a 3-2 decision, the House of Lords declined to reverse the conviction. ...

The difference between strict and absolute liability is whether the defence of a mistake of fact is available: in a crime of absolute liability, a mistake of fact is not a defence. Strict or Absolute Liability- also can arise from inherently dangerous activities or defective products that are likely to result in a harm to another, regardless of protection taken. Negligence is not required to be proven. Example: Owning a pet rattle snake.
Wonder if you think that, apropos of nothing much at all, some Muslim murdering another person or other Muslim for blasphemy or apostasy should be let off the hook because they might have "affirmatively had reason to believe that they were not committing a crime" - i.e., because the Bible Quran told them so? Or maybe that negligence of the laws of the land, including on marital rape, is not a defense?

Tricky process of creating and enforcing laws - kind of caught between the Scylla and Charybdis of unfairly penalizing the truly blameless, and letting off scot-free those who take advantage of loopholes.

As for fascism, as I've periodically argued, I figure that fascism - at least the root of it - gets a far worse press than it deserves ... ;-)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... es.svg.png
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... es.svg.png

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

gurugeorge wrote: More seriously and realistically, one does get the feeling that this new generation is going to be a bit like Saffy in AbFab - i.e. looking somewhat askance at the antics of their predecessor generations, sceptical of the official SJW consensus, etc.
There is definitely a major generational shift coming up behind the millenial SJWs,
I don't want to dox myself but I basically live in the middle of the main European SJW locality. My son is now 14 and goes to a local school where the teachers are very SJW orientated. I am pleased to point out that my son and his friends completely see through the SJW authoritarian bollocks (and it is not from me teaching him - he has independently come to the correct conclusions). He often shows me videos that he and his friends have been watching on youtube. He has found videos he likes from Milo, videos of Kate Smurthwaite embarrassing herself, and other similar - total slymepit fodder.
My son is not white and his friends are quite a mixed group in terms of ethnicities so I think the generational shift is likely to be widespread.
I would say that there is still a bit of a gender divide - the girls in his class are more SJW oriented - however it appears to be more of a reflexive position for them rather than a thought-out one, where they are seeking advantages currently in the system due to them being girls.

For example - last year the school had a drill for what the kids should do in the event that the school was subject to a terrorist attack - you know, if a 'terrorist' was trying to slaughter all the infidels in a school.
(My son and his friends refer to such an individual as an "Allah-Akbar"!)
The schools anti-slaughter strategy was, believe it or not, that the boys in the classroom should barricade and try to hold the door shut as the girls made their escape.
Naturally the flaw in this strategy was immediately apparent to the boys in the class who proceeded to take the piss out of the teachers trying to instruct them this, by playing with the SJW ideas about gender.
"What if a person doesn't identify as male - could that person escape or do they need to stay and get slaughtered?"
"What if I don't identify as either male or female?"
"I identify as "attack helicopter"" etc.
The teachers were not amused.
Yesterday the class had an early halloween costume contest and only one boy in my sons class dressed up.
He came as Hitler!
The teachers freaked out and told him to change his costume.
He made the mustache a but wider and told them he was now coming as Stalin! :lol:

Guest_8c1d3edc

Post by Guest_8c1d3edc »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

Oops.

There's a podcast radio interview she did not long after she moved to SF where she admits she left Sid for Adam.
I can't find it now but I remember her saying she hated living in London and then giggles "and I kinda hated him"
it is the JV CLUB podcast on Nerdist episode 142. even Surly Amy prefers Adam.

and anyone searching for why JREF got sick of her just search for JREF on this site and there's many accounts of her mean girl bullying that after a time lead to many former skepchicks abandoning her and her site as contributors.

New scandal on Facebook is Joshie Berger who is a regular on SGU and defended by Courntney Novella on Watson's facebook despite

Rebecca Watson
BTW as of right now I have 156 mutual friends with Joshie. I hope that number goes down. Seriously, if you see this post, you can't really be friends with both me and a violently abusive man

Christopher Baker
Do they still have him guest on the SGU?
Like · React · Report · Friday at 7:13am

Rebecca Watson
That's him, yes, but I don't know if he still appears on SGU.
Like · React · Report · Friday at 8:57am

Alan Kelly
....well then.... fuck that guy!
Like · React · Report · Friday at 8:58am

Leonie Hilliard
Goddammit. I've listened to every episode of the SGU up till now :( sgu/611
This is the second time in a week that I've had cause to question.
Like · React · Report · Friday at 9:01am

Dan Neufeld
Leonie, what was the other reason?

Marz Katz
Ok I'm calling this out!! I've been posting this xray pic every year for the past 3 years, though without explicitly naming Joshie as the abuser. In 2015Cortney Novella reached out to me with a sympathetic polite message, because she knew exactly who I'm talking about, that included the following "I had that latter problem with my ex too, but there is absolutely no excuse for physical/emotional abuse." She even asked me if it was an isolated incident and I said "no." The podcast episode that you linked to was this March!!! They knew!! They all always knew at least some of it. BJ Kramer warned them from the beginning not to trust him and at least not to lend him money (not sure if they ever did). Many more women are coming forward, privately for now, with stories of harassment and assault. He doesn't just abuse girlfriends but is a predator. I know in the past The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe has taken a passive stance when it comes to these outcries about certain individuals in the community but this hurt me so much. We really did use to be friends, and in that message from 2015 Cortney Novella even said "That's terrible Marz. You never lost our friendship as far as I'm concerned." Yet they had him on the podcast more than once since then. I stopped listening to SGU a while ago and felt betrayed ever since.
3 · Like · React · Report · Friday at 11:05pm

Marz Katz
I'm happy to copy and paste the whole conversation so that it doesn't look like I'm taking words out of context.
2 · Like · React · Report · Friday at 11:06pm

Rob Tarzwell
Wow! That's important information for SGU fans.
Edited · 4 · Like · React · Report · Yesterday at 2:23am

Cortney Novella
Marz, 

I am deeply sorry you feel that I betrayed you. I reached out to you personally out of genuine concern and to show you support.

Please don’t assume that just because we had a conversation two years ago in messenger that the SGU all knew about it. Any close friend of mine knows how much I pride myself on people’s privacy and at the time you were not looking to expose Joshie personally so there’s no way I would have done it for you.

I just reread our conversation on messenger and I stand by everything I said to you then. All I can say is I still agree that Joshie needs to take responsibility. I am sorry that ever happened to you and I’m happy that you are now in a healthy relationship where you feel happy.
Like · React · Report · Yesterday at 5:02am

Marz Katz
Cortney Novella I am deeply sorry that you feel that you did all you could with the facts that you were presented with.
1 · Like · React · Report · Yesterday at 5:10am

Leonie Hilliard
I’ve been a dedicated SGU listener for 7 years and have listened to all the back episodes too. I’m shaken by this and not comfortable supporting the show at this point. I’m sorry that this happened to you Marz.
2 · Like · React · Report · Yesterday at 5:38am

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

shoutinghorse wrote:I give it 5 years before we start seeing 'Islamphobia Police' patrolling British streets. :naughty:

If you are a crminal but are finding it hard to get by, then move to the UK were you can rob at your hearts content, our police are faggots and self-loathing gimps. Just don't use social media and insult goat fuckers or pedo emabler unless you like being converted to the most evil religion on the planet.

Please Donald, just nuke us already.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
gurugeorge wrote: More seriously and realistically, one does get the feeling that this new generation is going to be a bit like Saffy in AbFab - i.e. looking somewhat askance at the antics of their predecessor generations, sceptical of the official SJW consensus, etc.
There is definitely a major generational shift coming up behind the millenial SJWs,
I don't want to dox myself but I basically live in the middle of the main European SJW locality. My son is now 14 and goes to a local school where the teachers are very SJW orientated. I am pleased to point out that my son and his friends completely see through the SJW authoritarian bollocks (and it is not from me teaching him - he has independently come to the correct conclusions). He often shows me videos that he and his friends have been watching on youtube. He has found videos he likes from Milo, videos of Kate Smurthwaite embarrassing herself, and other similar - total slymepit fodder.
My son is not white and his friends are quite a mixed group in terms of ethnicities so I think the generational shift is likely to be widespread.
I would say that there is still a bit of a gender divide - the girls in his class are more SJW oriented - however it appears to be more of a reflexive position for them rather than a thought-out one, where they are seeking advantages currently in the system due to them being girls.

For example - last year the school had a drill for what the kids should do in the event that the school was subject to a terrorist attack - you know, if a 'terrorist' was trying to slaughter all the infidels in a school.
(My son and his friends refer to such an individual as an "Allah-Akbar"!)
The schools anti-slaughter strategy was, believe it or not, that the boys in the classroom should barricade and try to hold the door shut as the girls made their escape.
Naturally the flaw in this strategy was immediately apparent to the boys in the class who proceeded to take the piss out of the teachers trying to instruct them this, by playing with the SJW ideas about gender.
"What if a person doesn't identify as male - could that person escape or do they need to stay and get slaughtered?"
"What if I don't identify as either male or female?"
"I identify as "attack helicopter"" etc.
The teachers were not amused.
Yesterday the class had an early halloween costume contest and only one boy in my sons class dressed up.
He came as Hitler!
The teachers freaked out and told him to change his costume.
He made the mustache a but wider and told them he was now coming as Stalin! :lol:
I am finding much the same with my kids. Especially hearing about my daughter's friends, many of them have passed through the entire LGBTQRTV spectrum before finally realizing that this limits your dating opportunities.

One thing I did find was that "empowering" the ethnic minorities led to some seriously bad "cultural enrichment", with all the gangs and bullies in both my kids schools being African or Asian. I am not saying either race are prone to it, but they are kids and if you give them an inch they will take a mile. So the schools have had to clamp down on it with suspensions and expulsions. There is one child in particular in my son's school who if he doesn't get his own way goes telling stories about how he was beaten up and called a "paki". My son tells me this is still happening but I am not longer getting phone calls from the school.

But I think it goes further. I went to see a friend of mine the other day at her work, (as a customer). Bearing in mind that they have minorities, gays, lesbians, and one young man who is gender-queer and comes to work in semi-drag, the atmosphere was positively boisterous. I talked to her about it and she says they pretty much only refer to each other with insults, there is tons of sexual banter, arse slapping, practical jokes and general fucking about. I told her that i was surprised that in the current political climate the managers don't crack down on it. She said they won't because they are "bang on". Her section is the most reliable, efficient and productive in the whole South East... which doesn't surprise me.

When we used to hire we made a special point of hiring ex-servicemen. They fuck about like you couldn't believe, but they get the work done, and make sure everyone is with them. You have to wonder how much damage that political correctness has done to the West's productivity since having fun has practically been outlawed in the workplace?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Wait. There are still people who listen to the SGU, these days? Lol.

I lost patience with the Novellas after that Dawkins disinvitation nonsense.

Also, anybody here familiar with NeoGaf? Seems they are an anti-GamerGate outfit, big in the community, who have paedo problems (shocking, eh?), or something.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Really? wrote:Can someone help me work through this?

We have Boy Scouts.

We have Girl Scouts.

Now girls are going to be admitted to Boy Scouts.

But boys can't join Girl Scouts.

What's the rationale?
<snip>
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... o-programs
Girls need access to every possible advantage, thus they need entry to male events, but the reverse is "what about the menz" and only eligible for sneering derisively. This is the egalitarian ideals of feminism in action. Men falling behind women in college, high suicide rates and other bad outcome events are male toxicity, but anything less than equal outcomes in STEM, managerial and politics is a clear case of sexism, again men's fault. Women really seem to have no agency at all in feminism.
Nice to see that some people are stepping up to the plate or tee (lady's): https://twitter.com/Education4Libs/stat ... 4169164805

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

deLurch wrote: 7 speakers. 2½ men. The only event with fewer speakers was Skepticon 1.
https://skepticon.org/speakers/
Ross Blocher ~ Skeptic podcaster.
Seems to be into all the stuff I love and the Slymepit hates =P

Nikki Jane ~ Activist/Artist
BLM and intersectional feminist - nuff said.

Randall Jenson ~ Artist
"Randall Jenson​ is a queer, multiracial artist of color"

Leighann Lord ~ Professional African-American female comedian and Journalist
Leighann has been a co-host on the Emmy-nominated StarTalk with Neil de Grasse Tyson

Mika McKinnon
"Mika McKinnon is the disaster scientist behind the scenes that makes fiction stranger." (?)

Dr. Samantha Montano ~ Another disaster scientist/activist
"Her research primarily focuses on disaster recovery, and disaster nonprofits and volunteerism."

Laura Thomas ~ Charity worker
Drugs, AIDs, Homeless people.

Mandisa Thomas ~ Professional Negro Atheist
Black Nonbelievers, Inc - Former Black Nationalist

Kayley Whalen ~ Queer Activist
"As a multiracial white and Latina transgender woman, she is excited about building an intersectional atheist and queer social justice movement."

Jessica Xiao ~ Token Asian
She is Co-Chair of the Feminist Humanist Alliance.

I wouldn't cross the street to attend this conference if they had a free bar.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

http://i.imgur.com/b5avbHE.jpg

I'll nominate you if you nominate me.

"Brive is an otherwise respectable Australian who habitually attends cons. He raped me. Four times on four seperate nights. My room, his room, on the bonnet of a car and once at the table during the con sit-down dinner. I have not been able to enjoy sex with anyone else since. The memories. The memories. Every night I wake up sweaty and gasping for breath"

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Anyone know what happened to Dr. Darrel Ray?
He seems to still be running Recovering from Religion, but I haven't heard or seen him make a public appearance in a long time.
Am I missing something or is he keeping his head below the parapet? He seemed like the smartest one out of the cabal of "high profile" atheists, but i think the last time I saw him he was on with Dillahunty making dumb feminist arguments defending Atheism+. I wouldn't be surprised if he registered the backlash and decided to keep out of it for the sake of his book sales.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Speaking of lists, there is apparently a list of "creepers" going round, drawn up by "female journalists". Funny thing is, that alt right crank Mike Cernovich claims to have gotten hold of it. One of the names on the list is, apparently, Sam Biddle!!! Lol.

I keep saying "apparently", because Cernovich has a patchy record. He has scored some hits, but he is involved with Infowars and the Pizzagate crap.

Anyway, it seems that more people from the SJW left seem to be on these lists. Lol.

PS. I'm PRAYING PZ Myers is listed.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

CommanderTuvok wrote: I keep saying "apparently", because Cernovich has a patchy record. He has scored some hits, but he is involved with Infowars and the Pizzagate crap.
1508634332824.jpg
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 171 times
I'm really not sure we have heard the last of the Pizzagate crap.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Speaking of lists, there is apparently a list of "creepers" going round, drawn up by "female journalists". Funny thing is, that alt right crank Mike Cernovich claims to have gotten hold of it. One of the names on the list is, apparently, Sam Biddle!!! Lol.

I keep saying "apparently", because Cernovich has a patchy record. He has scored some hits, but he is involved with Infowars and the Pizzagate crap.

Anyway, it seems that more people from the SJW left seem to be on these lists. Lol.

PS. I'm PRAYING PZ Myers is listed.
Apparently, even some islamists are being caught up: https://twitter.com/ConfessionsExMu/sta ... 9949295616

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Shatterface wrote:
Sunder wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Aw, fuck me. Are comedians gonna start doing this crybaby shit too?
Ironically one of my favorite comedy albums is David Cross's Shut Up, You Fucking Baby! From my understanding while he is very left-leaning (and an atheist) he is also proudly un-PC. But probably not in a "making racist jokes to strangers" way.
If only comedians had some way of defending themselves against verbal abuse.

Like a snappy response or something.

How the fuck would these people cope being heckled in a club?
Maybe start by taking notes on how it's done by a pro:

Still get a kick out of Seinfeld, The Lost Episode:

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

The Alt-Light is going after Laura Loomer as a bunny boiler crazy stalker too.
I am not sure I care, and i doubt anyone else here does either, but the evidence is mounting and it does seem the accusations may be true.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

VickyCaramel wrote: When we used to hire we made a special point of hiring ex-servicemen. They fuck about like you couldn't believe, but they get the work done, and make sure everyone is with them. You have to wonder how much damage that political correctness has done to the West's productivity since having fun has practically been outlawed in the workplace?
I've hired maybe 200-250 people over the past 12 years, and three of the four best hires I ever made were ex-military. By far the best was an ex-USAF Major who was employed by Lockheed Martin as a contractor. He was really, really good, and got three promotions in five years after I hired him. One fun thing was that he and I shared an office for six months after his hiring, and he always used to stand up whenever I came into the office, because I was his "superior". :D :D :D :D

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Also, anybody here familiar with NeoGaf? Seems they are an anti-GamerGate outfit, big in the community, who have paedo problems (shocking, eh?), or something.
NeoGaf was basically the FTB of gaming: white men are inherently evil, victim blaming is worse than literally Hitler, people getting banned all over the place for wrong think, etc.

Oh, they also had a bunch of incidents where they had mods who were quite literally arrested for possessing child pornography. No, I'm not joking.

During the recent #MeToo revelations, it turns out the owner of the site once got into a shower with a woman in an unwanted manner. The captain of the 'ban anyone who doesn't respect womyn 10,000%' gaming site is accused (again) of sexual assault / harassment.

The results are predictable. As NeoGaf was run by (and for!) SJW types, the owner of the site being accused of this means the whole thing goes up in flames. People are begging to get banned, but all of the mods have quit their positions in protest. It's a disaster.

tl;dr -- SJW gaming forum run by assaulters / deviants; SJW posters are fleeing and the rest of the internet is laughing at them.

imgur with original accuasion: https://imgur.com/a/FJrjx#Mq83KUL
reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comments ... saulted_a/

PS -- Fun fact: Evilore, the man who owns NeoGaf, was offered $10M to sell the website in 2014. He turned it down.

KenD

Post by KenD »

VickyCaramel wrote:
I wonder if that's in response to this woman boycotting Tesco?

Feminists throw hissy-fits over this every now and then, but that's the latest story I've seen hit social media.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxhxofmwds0xy ... .jpg?raw=1

Stirring up drama because a working class person doesn't show the proper deference has to be one of the most cuntily middle class feminist complaints.

There was a feminist writing letters to my local paper with the same kind of whinging as Smurthwaite. A bus driver had "disrespected" her and she was furious that they hadn't taken her complaint seriously. The driver was friendly and casual with everyone, men and women, but ended up getting a reprimand because he said "here you go luv" when handing that miserable twat her change.

I've seen it first hand in the supermarket: some fat bitch kicking up a fuss and asking to speak to the manager because the girl on the tills said 'got enough bags babe?'

She said exactly the same thing when she served me too, but cute teenage checkout girls can call me babe as much as they like...

I think based granny Kim is spot on that Smurthwaite's lying about shop staff calling men "sir" while women get addressed more casually. People who are friendly and casual are usually like that with everyone, while the kind of people (usually call centre and complaint desk types) who'd call me "sir" wouldn't be calling her "sweetheart".

Even if that wasn't the case, imagine getting that angry and feeling genuinely oppressed because someone calls you darling...

I wonder what the feminist reaction would be to a bloke berating women for not addressing him respectfully enough?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

x_?_x wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Also, anybody here familiar with NeoGaf? Seems they are an anti-GamerGate outfit, big in the community, who have paedo problems (shocking, eh?), or something.
NeoGaf was basically the FTB of gaming: white men are inherently evil, victim blaming is worse than literally Hitler, people getting banned all over the place for wrong think, etc.

Oh, they also had a bunch of incidents where they had mods who were quite literally arrested for possessing child pornography. No, I'm not joking.

During the recent #MeToo revelations, it turns out the owner of the site once got into a shower with a woman in an unwanted manner. The captain of the 'ban anyone who doesn't respect womyn 10,000%' gaming site is accused (again) of sexual assault / harassment.

The results are predictable. As NeoGaf was run by (and for!) SJW types, the owner of the site being accused of this means the whole thing goes up in flames. People are begging to get banned, but all of the mods have quit their positions in protest. It's a disaster.

tl;dr -- SJW gaming forum run by assaulters / deviants; SJW posters are fleeing and the rest of the internet is laughing at them.

imgur with original accuasion: https://imgur.com/a/FJrjx#Mq83KUL
reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comments ... saulted_a/

PS -- Fun fact: Evilore, the man who owns NeoGaf, was offered $10M to sell the website in 2014. He turned it down.
Call me old fashioned, but sharing a hotel room with a guy reeks of "No means yes".
Call me old fashioned, but I would have to know somebody pretty intimately before throwing up without looking the door behind me. Its the kind of thing I'd want to do in private.
Call me old fashioned, but I would have to be pretty drunk to get into the shower without locking the bathroom door when sharing a room with a man. And if I was that drunk i can bet he was too.... and even so he took no for an answer. What the hell is she complaining about?

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

So it's an improved whisper network then? Sounds like the sort of thing that makes lawyers hard and wet in the discovery phase of the inevitable lawsuit.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/b5avbHE.jpg

I'll nominate you if you nominate me.

"Brive is an otherwise respectable Australian who habitually attends cons. He raped me. Four times on four sepa
rate nights. My room, his room, on the bonnet of a car and once at the table during the con sit-down dinner. I have not been able to enjoy sex with anyone else since. The memories. The memories. Every night I wake up sweaty and gasping for breath"
I don't want to get too specific, but have had some had some horny women take advantage of me while I was drunk.
I am able to cope with my sordid past with meditation, drugs,...
Although I might be able to tell some secrets. Those looking for large smelly vaginas need not apply.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

KenD wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: Stirring up drama because a working class person doesn't show the proper deference has to be one of the most cuntily middle class feminist complaints.

There was a feminist writing letters to my local paper with the same kind of whinging as Smurthwaite. A bus driver had "disrespected" her and she was furious that they hadn't taken her complaint seriously. The driver was friendly and casual with everyone, men and women, but ended up getting a reprimand because he said "here you go luv" when handing that miserable twat her change.

I've seen it first hand in the supermarket: some fat bitch kicking up a fuss and asking to speak to the manager because the girl on the tills said 'got enough bags babe?'

She said exactly the same thing when she served me too, but cute teenage checkout girls can call me babe as much as they like...

I think based granny Kim is spot on that Smurthwaite's lying about shop staff calling men "sir" while women get addressed more casually. People who are friendly and casual are usually like that with everyone, while the kind of people (usually call centre and complaint desk types) who'd call me "sir" wouldn't be calling her "sweetheart".

Even if that wasn't the case, imagine getting that angry and feeling genuinely oppressed because someone calls you darling...

I wonder what the feminist reaction would be to a bloke berating women for not addressing him respectfully enough?
I have to admit, I have had one or two complains about my staff calling customers "mate". Obviously it was lower middle class twats. I have to say that I don't approve of it, especially calling a woman 'mate', somehow it does sound over familiar without the affection.

In situations like this, that you really notice the class divide between the upper middle class and the lower middle class. They are the kind of people who were working class two generations ago, but daddy got into grammar school and became middle management. You just know they only shop at Waitrose to keep up appearances but they are up to their ears in credit card debt. Essentially they are working class people with a desk job, Mercedes and delusions of grandeur.
I have a sister-in-law from this kind of family... always trying to climb the ladder. But she shits herself whenever she has to meet any of my family because it's all an act. She has no idea how to act in polite company so she shows off. She is so self absorbed that after 20 years she still hasn't noticed that they are just as laid back and down to earth as the average working class family.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

VickyCaramel wrote:Randall Jenson ~ Artist
"Randall Jenson​ is a queer, multiracial artist of color"
Artist of color? As opposed to an artist who works in black and white? An artist who paints colour without form? Somebody with a colouring book?
I wouldn't cross the street to attend this conference if they had a free bar.
I wouldn't swerve across that street in a truck. They're not worth staining my radiator for.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Wait. There are still people who listen to the SGU, these days? Lol.

I lost patience with the Novellas after that Dawkins disinvitation nonsense.

Also, anybody here familiar with NeoGaf? Seems they are an anti-GamerGate outfit, big in the community, who have paedo problems (shocking, eh?), or something.
Mr. Metokur did a livestream on it. I had it playing in the background all evening & it brought much joy to my heart.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Wa5nh ... qwbCBRW4-6[/youtube]