In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Steersman wrote: Not sure of the details, but reports of Sargon (?) telling an MP who had been raped that he wouldn't rape her suggests he's a bit of a dickhead, at best.
What a coincidence! He would also be a bit of a dickhead if he had told her he would rape her.

Welcome to the internet.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Guest_09522ed6 wrote:I think it must be bullshit, abuse, and complete failure on the part of the airline anytime anyone has to be physically removed so long as that person isn't drunk or fighting, and I think even here, they pilot should have explained exactly why she was being removed and not the dogs and their owners but also told how the airline would compensate her and get her on the next flight.

THAT SAID, the part where she says

"I am a college professor, what are you doing?"

followed by a shove from the cop, well, from all the proletariat, that was extremely satisfying.
As a Professor of Astrophysics at a major public institution, the label of 'college professor' means exactly two things to me:

1) I know more than John Q Public about astrophysics.

2) I am a public servant whose salary is paid by John Q Public.

Beyond that, I am no different than John Q Public. The notion that I should be afforded special treatment -- except in matters of astrophysics, and in that context only to help John Q Public understand that astrophysics is Cool Shit, and I'm happy to help xer appreciate that -- is absolute fucking bullshit.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
screwtape wrote:Looks like the truck of peace has come to Canada:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/01/americas/ ... index.html
Marseilles' train station St Charles has been the scene of a good ol' allah uhackbaring today too. 2 young women died. A 17 years old got her throat slit, and a 20 years old got stabbed to death. The attacker, while attacking, kept screaming "god is great" in arab (as reported by french media).

As of now, the interior minister is saying there's a possibility it was a terrorist attack, but can't confirm it. Also, the attacker's identity could not be confirmed by police forces, although they did confirm he was known for numerous petty crimes.

My country is a fucking joke! And those poor girls. I'm really sick of that shit.
Yea - figure Muslims have just about worn out their welcome in the West. Though maybe you should be complaining to your elected representatives? "Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness" and all that; some ammunition:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGH80O_U0AAOjlk.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGH80O_U0AAOjlk.jpg

Archive(s) of Pandavar's post - and posts.

Really?

Post by Really? »

From Nugent:

"PZ, in one of his Google Hangouts, publicly joked about rape. The participants were discussing a campaign to get advertisers like Dove to protest to Facebook about sexist content beside their ads. A participant joked: “It’s like ‘Dove – we’re pro-rape’!” and PZ added: “You know, after a rape, you want to wash yourself up, and clean up…”"

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2014/11/17 ... rs-sexism/

ffs

Post by ffs »

as much as the likes of peer and kwintie are as pathetic as it gets, 'Sargoons' is still funny :P

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:Looks like the truck of peace has come to Canada:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/01/americas/ ... index.html
Yea. But this is bullshit about "lone wolves":
In a press conference Sunday afternoon, Edmonton Mayor Don Iveson urged residents to remain calm.
"To the best of our knowledge," he told reporters, "this was a lone wolf attack." He added the suspect was taken into custody and being interviewed by police.
God damn Quran itself and all "moderate" Muslims are culpable - to a not inconsiderable degree - for promoting "stochastic terrorism" of which Marseilles & Edmonton are only the latest manifestations:
Stochastic Terrorism: Triggering the shooters.

Stochastic terrorism is the use of mass communications to stir up random lone wolves to carry out violent or terrorist acts that are statistically predictable but individually unpredictable.

This is what occurs when Bin Laden releases a video that stirs random extremists halfway around the globe to commit a bombing or shooting.

This is also the term for what Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity, and others do. And this is what led directly and predictably to a number of cases of ideologically-motivated murder similar to the Tucson shootings. ....
Deport the fucken lot, string the mullahs up by the nuts, burn the mosques to the fucken ground: #BanIslam

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

This Thomas Smith dude....he's supposedly the presenter of some podcast, "Skeptical Inquires Only". Doesn't sound very skeptical to me, or intelligent, or rational.

Comes across as a violent dickhead. He completely humiliated himself.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Not sure what your point is - that Muslims don't play well with others? Religiously motivated violence covers most of them? Deadpool is a Marvel?

However, relative to the first two, no doubt religions in general leave a lot to be desired but it seems clear that Islam is the worst of the lot, with that of the Aztecs being tied for that "honor".

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Steersman wrote: Not sure of the details, but reports of Sargon (?) telling an MP who had been raped that he wouldn't rape her suggests he's a bit of a dickhead, at best.
What a coincidence! He would also be a bit of a dickhead if he had told her he would rape her.

Welcome to the internet.
The MP in question, Jess Phillips claimed at the time that Sargon's statement led to her getting 600 rape threats.
People looked at these "threats", but they were also people telling her they were not going to rape her.
Yes, I would be mad if it happened to me, but those were NOT rape threats.
Everytime you get something like this or a person told to "go fuck themself" claiming it as a rape threat makes normal people skeptical of actual people getting real rape threats.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Given how Peterson's stance is so out of kilter with current trends and he has little chance of retaining a permanent career in academia I'm not going to criticise him for feathering his nest while he can.
It's not necessarily criticism, but it's an observation. In these days being a controversial speaker, thinker, or "internet celebrity" pays well. Your value depends on the content of speeches, thoughts or the origin of your celebrity, but it's undeniable that there are several markets to be tapped online and even offline by stirring the pot in one direction or the other. This doesn't have to be a bad thing, if anything it's insurance against conformism within offline institutions.

In time this might mean that doxxing and campaigns to fire people might become less powerful weapons, at least against people famous enough to gather support online.
Kirbmarc;

For what its worth, I have learned more about Postmodernism, SJWs, and what not, from reading your comments here the past year plus, than any internet or Youtube "celebrity", Peterson included.

Now back to more important things. Pimping out my eighty year old mother to morbidly obese, social retards obsessed with flotation devices.
LoL. Given that "childlike sex dolls" are apparently illegal maybe you can "turn an extra trick" by dressing her up as a child? ;-) https://twitter.com/Independent/status/ ... 8327655424

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Really? wrote:From Nugent:

"PZ, in one of his Google Hangouts, publicly joked about rape. The participants were discussing a campaign to get advertisers like Dove to protest to Facebook about sexist content beside their ads. A participant joked: “It’s like ‘Dove – we’re pro-rape’!” and PZ added: “You know, after a rape, you want to wash yourself up, and clean up…”"

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2014/11/17 ... rs-sexism/

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Stateraper.jpg
(20.7 KiB) Downloaded 353 times

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

^^Myers's Law^^, It's uncanny.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

dogen wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
Wot, no Green Bay Fudge Packers?

Barbie's Boyfriend

Steerswad, you check the ID of every young woman you defile for money ???

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

dogen wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
According to the colours of the gay hankie code, the Packers are into watersports and daddy/boy sex:

http://lordludd.com/content/editions/4- ... y-code.jpg

Navy is anal, so the Bears are fudge packers.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
dogen wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
According to the colours of the gay hankie code, the Packers are into watersports and daddy/boy sex:

http://lordludd.com/content/editions/4- ... y-code.jpg

Navy is anal, so the Bears are fudge packers.

In junior high, our school had 4 football squads which played against each-other, then our season ended with a couple games against the other junior high across town. So we needed team names apart from from the school's mascot. My squad named ourselves the Fudge Packers & the coaches didn't object.

Guest_09522ed6

Post by Guest_09522ed6 »

as much as the likes of peer and kwintie are as pathetic as it gets, 'Sargoons' is still funny :P
Sargoons IS funny, and like Deplorables, there are plenty of T-Shirt bucks to be made with it by selling it as a badge of pride to the intended targets of the slur.

AKA

Dumbledore's Army.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote:
Sunder wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Jordan Peterson is 100% correct - universities, especially in NA, are rotten with postmodernist shit. His recommendation that all universities should have funds cut immediately by 25%, and let the departments fight it out is spot on - I doubt anything less drastic could stop the rot. But it may need a couple of applications of the knives to get things back on track.
Devil's advocate: Peterson now makes several times his teaching salary from Patreon and so has no trouble suggesting something that would cause a shitload of difficulty for his fellow teaching staff, including those in STEM.
Holy fuck, I just check it, and you're not kidding.
I pointed that out a couple of months ago, if anyone wants to enact the labor. He was getting something like $45K/month, IIRC.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Steerswad, you check the ID of every young woman you defile for money ???
LoL. No - Barbie's Dildo - I don't. You do so for every woman you "defile" for free?

But you might consider that your choice of words and phrases - "defile" and "woman who degrade themselves by having sex with you for $$$" - suggests a problematic bias. Or a problematic psychological complex that you might want to get a "professional" - of one sort or another - to help you with.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Steersman wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Steerswad, you check the ID of every young woman you defile for money ???
LoL. No - Barbie's Dildo - I don't. You do so for every woman you "defile" for free?

But you might consider that your choice of words and phrases - "defile" and "woman who degrade themselves by having sex with you for $$$" - suggests a problematic bias. Or a problematic psychological complex that you might want to get a "professional" - of one sort or another - to help you with.

TRIGGER WARNING: I'm gonna argue with Steerswad about his perversions.

No, I have NEVER had illegal sex with an underage women. EVER.

Yes, the guy who has normal relationships with women needs help, and the guy who not only has to pay women to be with him, but doesn't understand why you don't talk about certain things in public is perfectly fine. Nobody cares what Dick Carrier does to women's faces. But its kinda/sorta funny/creepy that he not only talks about it in polite company, but doesn't understand why his feminist friends might have a problem with it.

Same goes for you talking about having sex with prostitutes. Nobody cares what freakery you are into. But nobody wants to hear about it, and nobody wants to hear you try and pass it off as normal.

Now I suppose its time for one of your sycophants to call my eighty year old mother a whore

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Wait...what? Steersman has sycophants? Does he pay them?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:

Yes, the guy who has normal relationships with women needs help, and the guy who not only has to pay women to be with him, but doesn't understand why you don't talk about certain things in public is perfectly fine. Nobody cares what Dick Carrier does to women's faces. But its kinda/sorta funny/creepy that he not only talks about it in polite company, but doesn't understand why his feminist friends might have a problem with it.

Same goes for you talking about having sex with prostitutes. Nobody cares what freakery you are into. But nobody wants to hear about it, and nobody wants to hear you try and pass it off as normal.

Now I suppose its time for one of your sycophants to call my eighty year old mother a whore
You are going to argue with Steers! Holy fuck! Are you DRUNK?

Based on previous experience, this is not going to end well for someone. I believe you know this someone very well too.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

If you like true crime and satire, check out American Vandal on Netflix. It's really funny, surprisingly compelling, and just really well done.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

mordacious1 wrote:Wait...what? Steersman has sycophants? Does he pay them?
Wait. If I pretend to agree with Steersman I get paid?
How much? It had better be good because I don't want to come out looking like a slightly younger version of Ken's mom.

Guest_09522ed6

Post by Guest_09522ed6 »

If you like true crime and satire, check out American Vandal on Netflix. It's really funny, surprisingly compelling, and just really well done.
Is that the one that's all about :cdc:?? I haven't seen it yet, I've only seen the trailer, but immediately thought of all the details present in :cdc:

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I like the traffic cone in front of that tank.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

mordacious1 wrote:Is this one of you guys:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/01/te ... -home.html
http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.c ... ?ve=1&tl=1

God, that thing is so tall. Are you supposed to stand up in the it? My dad always said if the Allieds had had a decent tank on the West Front the war would have ended six months sooner. How the airplanes could be so good by the end of the war and they still had no answer for German tanks is beyond me.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Guest_09522ed6 wrote:
Is that the one that's all about :cdc:?? I haven't seen it yet, I've only seen the trailer, but immediately thought of all the details present in :cdc:
That's the one, and I'm kicking myself for not including the dick smilies.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Here's a clearer copy of Peez chortling over Kent Hovind's rape, for waggling in his face:

https://imgur.com/T0LsWzr.png

That video he linked is all kinds of naughty. Isn't this also verboten?

https://imgur.com/8RiEu8e.png

By the way, if you haven't watched, Peez addresses the practice of laughing about prison rape. He's against it. "It's the same deplorable behavior we should all oppose."

More skeeziness. AKA Peez with his dick out, ready to enjoy some tentacle rape "a celebration of biodiversity."

https://imgur.com/dFP0o26.png

And this seems pertinent:

https://imgur.com/wCd520r.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:Wait...what? Steersman has sycophants? Does he pay them?
Wait. If I pretend to agree with Steersman I get paid?
How much? It had better be good because I don't want to come out looking like a slightly younger version of Ken's mom.
:-) The wages of sin aren't great, and those for "sycophants" is even less - which is maybe why I don't have any. No, the only "pay" I offer is the satisfaction of being on the right side of an issue, on the right side of history ... ;-)

Guest_09522ed6

Post by Guest_09522ed6 »

Some good KiA and Sargon threads about a recent article at the Telegraph and Townhall about detransitioning.

reddit com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/73q3e0/british_professor_shows_sex_change_regret_is/
reddit com/r/SargonofAkkad/comments/73p78d/sex_change_regret_gender_reversal_surgery_is_on/

The most interesting comment is here in Sargon

reddit com/r/SargonofAkkad/comments/73p78d/sex_change_regret_gender_reversal_surgery_is_on/dns6ryk/

if only because of the list of youtube videos it provides (and where those lead) to people who have detransitioned.

You can ignore the threads themselves (I didn't read them for the most part) and just watch the videos from the people who have detransitioned. Pretty interesting stuff!

The other interesting aspect is the claim the Professor who is writing about this was defunded.

Of course, I won't know how to feel about this until Jesse Virtue Singal tells me.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Steersman wrote:

"perversions" is your "judgement" - though a rather narrow-minded one at that, and not a particularly credible one.
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:No, I have NEVER had illegal sex with an underage women. EVER.
Who said anything about "underage women"? You may wish to be a little more careful about your definitions and consistency, particularly if you wish to "argue" with me ....
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Yes, the guy who has normal relationships with women needs help, and the guy who not only has to pay women to be with him, but doesn't understand why you don't talk about certain things in public is perfectly fine. Nobody cares what Dick Carrier does to women's faces. But its kinda/sorta funny/creepy that he not only talks about it in polite company, but doesn't understand why his feminist friends might have a problem with it.

"nobody wants to hear about it" - you're talking for the whole Pit now? Must have missed the election of you as the Pit representative on the topic ....

As for me supposedly "talking about having sex with prostitutes", maybe you would care to quote me doing that? Don't think I've ever done so - only indicated that I've availed myself of their services which is a rather different kettle of fish from the gory details you imply, and defended their rights to offer those services which is, again, a different kettle of fish.

But, for an instance of the latter - which seems to have precipitated you getting your knickers in a twist, making with the spurious insults which produced some collateral damage, and my "sycophants" consequently rising in my defense - there's this from a comment of mine about a month ago:
Steersman wrote:But, somewhat parenthetically, one might also argue that it's not just Muslim culture that thinks "whores are worthless". Seems far too many in Western "culture" look down their noses at "whores" - who are apparently 7 more times likely to be assaulted and murdered than the next most dangerous profession (taxi drivers) - and on the entire profession of prostitution itself which gets a far worse press than it deserves ...
Kind of get the impression, particularly from your "defiled" and "degraded" comments, that you too are of the opinion, along with too many in Muslim "culture" and even in that of the West, that "whores are worthless". Y'all are welcome to those opinions - more or less - but you might consider that they're really not worth diddly-squat, particularly in the eyes of a large percentage of both prostitutes and their clients, and even of the general public. Seems you're not much able or willing to read even 8 of my paragraphs in support of my arguments, much less 87 or 870, but you might consider these perspectives on the topic that provide more than a little justification for them:
Confessions of a Former SWERF

Ok, so maybe I wasn’t a full on SWERF, like I didn’t want to take rights away from sex workers but I did think that sex work was exploitative and a direct result of centuries of patriarchy. I thought that anyone who tried to purchase sex from another person should be criminalised, because I naively believed that that would end demand. I also thought that everyone working in the industry was there under duress. And all of these assumptions were based on complete and utter ignorance. ....

But aside from that friend — and I would say she was a victim of sexual assault and coercion, not a sex worker — every other woman I know who is a sex worker has chosen their line of work.

For some women the choice is financial. Other women just fucking (excuse the pun) love it. Some women I know find sex work to be hugely fulfilling and rewarding and enjoyable work. I know! Amazing isn’t it? I was shocked too when I first realised that not everyone is like me! (I’m being sarky of course but mostly towards my former self).

Meeting and listening to sex workers and former sex workers opened my eyes about why people work at sex work, and how those people feel about it, but what about patriarchy? How to reconcile the selling of the female body following centuries of gendered degradation, sexualisation and exploitation? ....
Sex workers speak.
Who listens?

The sex industries around the world are associated with serious forms of marginalisation, violence, exploitation, and even forced labour. Media, research, and fiction tell stories of sex workers being abused, exploited, and trafficked. They do it so often that we become almost indifferent to it, as almost always happens in front of horror. ....

This volume addresses the violence, exploitation, abuse, and trafficking present in the sex industries, but it does so from the perspective of sex workers themselves. These are the women, men, and transgender people who are directly touched by the abuse, exploitation, and trafficking under discussion, and they are the people who actively and collectively resist all forms of violence against them. .....

All these approaches to prostitution have spread across the world, are still in place to various extents, and are discussed and criticised by sex workers’ organisations. In contrast to these approaches, the sex workers’ movement, ever since its early political documents, has largely supported ‘decriminalisation’. New Zealand is currently experimenting with this, and the concept made mainstream headlines in 2015 thanks to the so-called ‘Amnesty Resolution’ supporting it. ....
You might listen to their voices instead of to your own bigotry.
Should Prostitution Be a Crime?
A growing movement of sex workers and activists is making the decriminalization of sex work a feminist issue.

Last November, Meg Muñoz went to Los Angeles to speak at the annual West Coast conference of Amnesty International. She was nervous. Three months earlier, at a meeting attended by about 500 delegates from 80 countries, Amnesty voted to adopt a proposal in favor of the “full decriminalization of consensual sex work,” sparking a storm of controversy. Members of the human rights group in Norway and Sweden resigned en masse, saying the organization’s goal should be to end demand for prostitution, not condone it. ....

Muñoz was in the middle of a pitched battle over the terms, and even the meaning, of sex work. In the United States and around the globe, many sex workers (the term activists prefer to “prostitute”) are trying to change how they are perceived and policed. They are fighting the legal status quo, social mores and also mainstream feminism, which has typically focused on saving women from the sex trade rather than supporting sex workers who demand greater rights. ....

It’s a pragmatic argument. But the sex-workers’ movement also hinges on an ideological conviction — the belief that the criminal law should not be used here as an instrument of punishment or shame, because sex work isn’t inherently immoral or demeaning. It can even be authentically feminist. “Once you’ve done it, you always know: When it comes down to it, I have everything I need to survive,” says Anna Saini, a former sex worker who is now a sex-worker activist and law student living in Brooklyn. “That’s powerful.” This view poses a deep challenge to traditional Western feminism, which treats the commercial sex industry as an ugly source of sexual inequality.
Looking down your nose at prostitutes, and seeing their "profession" as "degrading" really doesn't help, and really just compounds the problems.
A personal choice

The internet is making the buying and selling of sex easier and safer. Governments should stop trying to ban it

This newspaper [The Economist] has never found it plausible that all prostitutes are victims. That fiction is becoming harder to sustain as much of the buying and selling of sex moves online. Personal websites mean prostitutes can market themselves and build their brands. Review sites bring trustworthy customer feedback to the commercial-sex trade for the first time. The shift makes it look more and more like a normal service industry. ....

The failure of prohibition is pushing governments across the rich world to try a new tack: criminalising the purchase of sex instead of its sale. Sweden was first, in 1999, followed by Norway, Iceland and France; Canada is rewriting its laws along similar lines. The European Parliament wants the “Swedish model” to be adopted right across the EU. Campaigners in America are calling for the same approach.

Sex sells, and always will

This new consensus is misguided, as a matter of both principle and practice. Banning the purchase of sex is as illiberal as banning its sale. Criminalisation of clients perpetuates the idea of all prostitutes as victims forced into the trade. Some certainly are—by violent partners, people-traffickers or drug addiction. But there are already harsh laws against assault and trafficking. Addicts need treatment, not a jail sentence for their clients. ....

Prostitution is moving online whether governments like it or not. If they try to get in the way of the shift they will do harm. Indeed, the unrealistic goal of ending the sex trade distracts the authorities from the genuine horrors of modern-day slavery (which many activists conflate with illegal immigration for the aim of selling sex) and child prostitution (better described as money changing hands to facilitate the rape of a child). Governments should focus on deterring and punishing such crimes—and leave consenting adults who wish to buy and sell sex to do so safely and privately online.
Is there a moral case against prostitution?

This week’s hearings on the government’s proposed new prostitution law represent a priceless opportunity to bash the Harper government for its clumsy, moralistic, ineffective and possibly unconstitutional attempt to suppress the world’s oldest profession. Opposition politicians are gleefully on the attack, and so are a fair number in the news media. ....

Many sassy young progressive commentators (including women) assume that prostitution is like marijuana – that the moral issues are as outdated as hoop skirts, and anyone who thinks otherwise is an uptight reactionary old prude. After all, women should have a right to do whatever they want with their own bodies, and what happens between two consenting adults is nobody else’s business. Prostitutes are no different from piano teachers, so get over it! ....

Feminists themselves are deeply split on prostitution, as are those who’ve worked in the sex trade. Many of them also believe there is a moral case against it. As one former sex-trade worker told the CBC this week, “No woman wakes up at 18 years of age … and says, ‘Mommy, I would like to serve 10 or 15 men a day for the rest of my life.’ ”

A strong majority of Canadians also disapprove of prostitution. But they are divided on whether it should be legal – and the gender gap is impressive. A recent Angus Reid poll found that 56 per cent of men think it should be legal, but 55 per cent of women think it should be outlawed. Asked about the new bill, 47 per cent said they oppose it, against 35 per cent in favour. ....
Apart from the largely questionable stereotype of "serve 10 or 15 men a day", still quite a good article for at least broaching the question of "a moral case against prostitution". You may wish to try making one yourself instead of relying on empty, unevidenced, and not particularly commendable or salutary "opinion" - being charitable.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AndrewV69 wrote:
You are going to argue with Steers! Holy fuck! Are you DRUNK?

Based on previous experience, this is not going to end well for someone. I believe you know this someone very well too.
It's a way to test your patience, at the very least.

Guest_09522ed6

Post by Guest_09522ed6 »

las vegas, right now

Guest_09522ed6

Post by Guest_09522ed6 »

who knows what is going on, but shit, I know lots of folks who live in, or like to go to vegas.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

On the shooting in LV:
It appears that it was isolated st one casino (Mandalay Bay).
So far, at least two dead, 24 injured. Shooter is down.
Hopefully it's just rumor that there's more than one casino involved.

Guest_09522ed6

Post by Guest_09522ed6 »

okay, take this for what it's worth, but it could be fembots

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

If you don't cackle at one or two of these, you're Bjarte...

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:TRIGGER WARNING: I'm gonna argue with Steerswad about his perversions.

Neither, as far as I am aware, has Steersman.

I'm not sure what the Pit rules are but accusing another member of pedophilia is probably pushing it.

Nobody wants to hear about it yet you constantly bring it up.
Sure, calling you on your false-accusations of child abuse and your creepy obsession with Steers' private life makes us sycophants..

Because when there's an argument at the Pit we always line up with Steers.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Now I suppose its time for one of your sycophants to call my eighty year old mother a whore
http://myfunnyreaction.com/media/k2/ite ... cea199.jpg

"Sucky-sucky, ten dollars? For twenty, I'll keep my teeth in and pop my thumb up your nipper" - Your mom.

(happy now?)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Shatterface wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:TRIGGER WARNING: I'm gonna argue with Steerswad about his perversions.

As far as I'm aware, neither have I.
Shatterface wrote:I'm not sure what the Pit rules are but accusing another member of pedophilia is probably pushing it.
Pedophilia - the thought - isn't actually a crime; the act - sex with a person under age - is.
Shatterface wrote:

Nobody wants to hear about it yet you constantly bring it up.
There's a principle or two in play - the legality of prostitution, that "sex work isn’t inherently immoral or demeaning" - that are possibly worth discussing; the details, probably not so much if at all.
Shatterface wrote:
Sure, calling you on your false-accusations of child abuse and your creepy obsession with Steers' private life makes us sycophants..

Because when there's an argument at the Pit we always line up with Steers.
Yea, I've noticed that happening all the time ... NOT ... :-)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote:

I'm not sure what the Pit rules are but accusing another member of pedophilia is probably pushing it.
Yeah, it's not good. We've been here before. Guys and girls, don't do it.

Barbie's Boyfriend, let it go.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

More jet-cooling on that "female Viking warrior"thing.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

At least 20 dead in Vegas.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

Yeah, it's not good. We've been here before. Guys and girls, don't do it.

Barbie's Boyfriend, let it go.
Know you're not much for definitions [ ;-) ], and it's maybe a case of moving the goal-posts a bit, but as mentioned earlier, pedophilia isn't actually a crime, although accusing someone of that might be shading into slander. Wikipedia:
Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children. .... Pedophilia is not a legal term,[9] and having a sexual attraction to children is not illegal.[6] In law enforcement circles, the term pedophile is sometimes used informally to refer to any person who commits one or more sexually-based crimes that relate to legally underage victims. .... FBI agent Kenneth Lanning, however, makes a point of distinguishing between pedophiles and child molesters. .... Researchers state that the above uses of the term pedophilia are imprecise or suggest that they are best avoided.[7][26] The Mayo Clinic states that pedophilia "is not a criminal or legal term". ....

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Couple of miscellaneous items of various degrees of relevance to close out the day:
https://twitter.com/JackBMontgomery/sta ... 5969348608

CANADA COPS: DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS ABOUT SOMALI MUSLIM REFUGEE TERRORIST

And something from the same source, a video from the Pit's - and the Internet's - latest heartthrob, Candace Owens on the NFL debacle:

CANDACE OWENS: THE NFL IS ANTI-AMERICAN?
How being oppressed means earning millions of dollars.

And a shot at Jordan Peterson from A Voice for Men:
The gynocentrism of Jordan Peterson

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Latest story on Vegas.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-las ... story.html

It doesn't sound like some sort of movie heist wannabes. It is Vegas. Maybe someone lost their life savings. But still, targeting a bunch of country music fans? It sounds like this person had a good plan for a lot of mass casualties.

[youtube]More than 20 dead and 100 injured[/youtube]
The sheriff said police are seeking to interview a woman, identified as Marilou Danley, who was believed to be traveling with the suspect. She was described as an Asian woman, about 4’11” in height. “We have not located her at this time, and we are interested in talking to her for a follow-up,” Lombardo said.
In the US Asian typically means Chinese/Japanese/East Asian. Not Indian or Middle Eastern.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/10/marilou-d ... -route-91/

Of course that is a picture of her in front of a Dubai building behind herself.
https://imgoat.com/uploads/42e92efb79/47583.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Shatterface wrote:At least 20 dead in Vegas.
Sounds like a M16 or an AR15 on full auto with at least one 30 round mag. Dunno how many mags he had other than he had at least two.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

What happens in Vegas...

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 78241.html
The Las Vegas gunman who killed at least 20 people and injured more than 100 when he opened fire on a music festival has been identified as a 64-year-old white male, according to ABC News.

Police earlier announced the suspect had been identified as a "local man" but stopped short of naming him.

Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said a manhunt was underway for a person of interest, believed to be his roommate, identified as Marilou Danley.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Pic of the guy named by NBC news. Folks say this was uploaded 14 hours ago, before the shooting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZt6yjzgOEa ... addock5431

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

They're also looking for his wife. I'm guessing first victim rather than accomplice.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

At least 50 dead.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

50 is a tad more than what I can handle to make jokes.

Fuck!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it. I've gotten to the point where when I see a crowd of people, I just move in the opposite direction.

Mass killing has gotten a little too popular.