In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
HoneyWagon

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by HoneyWagon »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
fuzzy wrote:Here are the 10 speakers for Skepticon 10, along with Tardbook links to Lauren's long-form bios.

Libby Cowgill
Mandisa Thomas
Randall Jenson
Samantha Montano
Kayley Whalen
Mika McKinnon
Leighann Lord
Ross Blocher
Laura Thomas
Jessica Xiao
:whistle:

Not heard of any of those fucks, but I reckon they're all SJW-proscribed.

The only one I know is Ross Blocher. He got his notoriety from "Oh No Ross and Carrie".
That would be Carrie Poppy. She was invited to speak at CSICON this year....but not Ross.
Ross is not SJW, but definitely SJW-adjacent. He has survived not taking sides and not (yet) being cast out by either side.
It helps that his real work is unrelated to skepticism and it's drama

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Remember folks, Germany go to the polls today to re-elect Mother Merkel. She'll need a coalition. :?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Sunder wrote:Come on Ape, you're gonna have to start telling us when something is a shoop or not because it's getting too hard to tell.
:D

That's a man who is truly happy his shirt is calling him a mangina.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

gurugeorge wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: That's why the Regressive embrace of islam is especially baffling.
Thoughtful post as always Kirb, but this right here is the crack in your narrative that shows you're not paranoid enough ;)

To some of us, it's not baffling at all, but quite natural, because the actual positions regressives take are all just so much window dressing. The reality is that the PC cult is about status, power, social climbing via social shaming.

Ideas aren't held for their own sake, and sifted according to logic and evidence, but as initiatory symbols, keys used to pass levels. And the cared-for groups have never really meant anything, they're tokens that change over time - and just as the white working class is now despised, so eventually will blacks be despised, and women.
Oh, I get that. The Oppression Olympics is always running. white cis gay men are already Honorary Shitlords, and black straight men will be the next in line for the title of Shitlord of the Year, followed closely by white cis het women. I'm simply baffled that they think that islam is going to be a toy for their power play. They're seriously underestimating it.

It's like people feeding a crocodile hoping that it'd eat their neighbor, and thinking that it'd never bite them. Speaking of which:
Specifically with regard to the curious glitch re. Islam, it's simply that Islam represents no real threat to the regressives' pursuit of power, whereas the pillars of Western culture (in its entrenched classical liberal form) do. They don't like Islam, it's of no concern to them, it's almost invisible; they just hate America, hate the West, because its long-standing institutions are a barrier to their assumption of power, and therefore to their ability to build an Imagine-like utopia. They fully expect the West to beat Islamism militarily in the long run, they're just egging Islamism on so that it weakens the West a bit, so that their own machinations will have more impact.
If they actually think the Regressives have A LOT of faith that the "west" will succeed in reigning in the reactionary tendencies within islam enough to allow them to take over, which is far more faith in the Manifest Destiny of "western" institutions than I have. They should remember what happened in Iran once the Shah was overthrown. The first before the firing squad under the new regime were the Marxist groups that had helped Khomeini.

Now of course I don't think that political islam will simply take over "western" countries, but if it got more power it could side with the Christian conservatives on some issues and actually put some big roadblocks on the Long March Through the Institutions.

In general many SocJus fans seem to think that minorities are just little children to be pampered and taken care of, and that they will just docilely absorb some vague progressive goal since they're Good Savages, without realizing that in many cases ethnic minorities are more religious and more conservative than the majority, and that they're adult people with their own goals and principles in general.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

What I think is important to understand is that people aren't toys, and neither are ideologies. Islam is a very conservative, even reactionary religion, especially in its most common understanding, and siding with hijabis or Salafi militias means empowering those conservative, even reactionary goals. If you think that conservative and reactionary muslims will just lay down and be great allies to the progressive left you're either incredibly smug or incredibly gullible.

Sometimes I get the impression that many in the Regressive Left see muslim militias like Hamas as amusing, romantic, occasionally misbehaving but overall poor and oppressed children, instead of grown-ups whose message is clear and consistent with the political implementation of conservative or even reactionary religious ideas. I can imagine that the muslim militias secretly resent being patronized by the meddling Regressives, and despise them as weak and stupid.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Guest_936d3dec wrote: It's quite lovely to see the pidgeon figure out how the puzzle. I would probably take longer than Dean Takahashi to get past this, but then I am not the lead writer for GamesBeat and almost never play video games.
1) Pigeons are smarter than I thought

2) Gamesbeat, and anyone who defends Gamesbeat, is worthy of eternal scorn.

I remember a youtube comment when this first went down that summarized my thoughts nicely. This wasn't like watching a kid go out onto the field and fail to be a sports star his first time out. This was like watching a kid fail to pick up the ball, repeatedly, for 26 minutes.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Uh oh:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote:I like listening to Maajid Narwaz, he gets some of the most enlightening callers, like this Muslim feminist for example. :doh:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ftjEOr090XY
Want an easy way to distinguish a regressive cunt from a proper liberal progressive?

Ask them what they think of Maajid Nawaz. The regressive cunts hate his guts.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hey Clippy, what if Mr Potato Head put on a blue wig and called himself a Skepchick? Har-har.

https://imgur.com/8SOc8Ra.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:I like listening to Maajid Narwaz, he gets some of the most enlightening callers, like this Muslim feminist for example. :doh:

Want an easy way to distinguish a regressive cunt from a proper liberal progressive?

Yup.

https://imgur.com/UlJLhOY.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Happy wedding anniversaries Phil and Lsuoma!

I can relate to your joy, as I'm celebrating 25 years of divorce from my schizophrenic wife who got 5150'd after trying to perform open-heart surgery on me with a Henckels.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:

Yup.

https://imgur.com/UlJLhOY.png
PZ Myers, the guy who called muslim creationists "the fleas of a thousand camels", now supports the idea that a liberal muslim is a horrible anti-muslim bigot. What a massive cunt.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ape+lust wrote:Hey Clippy, what if Mr Potato Head put on a blue wig and called himself a Skepchick? Har-har.

After her embarrassing "Reginald the super sperm Mormon" attempt at stand up comedy a few years ago you'd think she would have taken the hint by now that funny she ain't.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Eh? Shrives and Rubin are trans? Did I miss that memo?
I only know Rubin when he has a more famous guest and even less about Shives.
Shives is a greasy bag of tripe that identifies as human, so yeah, xhe's technically a trans.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

:lol:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote::lol:
:D

I'm pleased to point out that the Morris Mediocrity is driving a Morris Minor. Outdated and underpowered, it suits him.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote:After her embarrassing "Reginald the super sperm Mormon" attempt at stand up comedy a few years ago you'd think she would have taken the hint by now that funny she ain't.
There's a real comedian who tanked his career when he thought bitter and mean could replace funny. He went from doing HBO specials to being a crank everyone makes jokes about...

https://imgur.com/x4ibBH2.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

Note how they're driving in the opposite direction :lol:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Anyone seen steersman lately? :?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

shoutinghorse wrote:Anyone seen steersman lately? :?
If she can tell jokes she'll fail the Turing test for womanhood[/hitchens]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

feathers wrote:Note how they're driving in the opposite direction :lol:
Seeing Nazis everywhere makes avoiding them an endless job, if you can't punch one without wetting yourself :D

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Ape+lust wrote:Hey Clippy, what if Mr Potato Head put on a blue wig and called himself a Skepchick? Har-har.
It only now occurs to me that I've no idea what her natural hair color is, and given her infatuation with hair dye and booze, it's possible she doesn't either.

Regarding her lack of comic chops, years of fanboys blowing smoke up her ass to the point she'd need to go on nicotine patches if they ever stopped has her convinced that she's a comedy genius.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Samantha?

I'm sorry I haven't a clue what the point of this story is.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Germans have just elected 87 'Nazis' to the Bundestag :popcorn:

http://news.sky.com/story/merkels-party ... n-11051878

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Sunder wrote: It only now occurs to me that I've no idea what her natural hair color is, and given her infatuation with hair dye and booze, it's possible she doesn't either.

In her earlier videos she's got mousy brown hair. I suspect if she went au natural now she'd be as white as her dog.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Shatterface wrote:
If she can tell jokes she'll fail the Turing test for womanhood[/hitchens]
Has he had some work done?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote:Germans have just elected 87 'Nazis' to the Bundestag :popcorn:

http://news.sky.com/story/merkels-party ... n-11051878
Let's have one more and call it a round 88. That would be more fitting.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Sunder wrote:...Regarding her lack of comic chops, years of fanboys blowing smoke up her ass to the point she'd need to go on nicotine patches if they ever stopped has her convinced that she's a comedy genius.
This string of sour put-downs probably had Rebecca chortling while she wrote it. It's awful.

From 2007:

https://imgur.com/scJlSbb.png

https://imgur.com/XdkYqor.png

https://imgur.com/3wVMEVu.png

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A black man shot up a white church near Nashville. Hate crime? Terrorism? Black supremacist?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

shoutinghorse wrote:

After her embarrassing "Reginald the super sperm Mormon" attempt at stand up comedy a few years ago you'd think she would have taken the hint by now that funny she ain't.
She does have chutzpah to make fun of someone else's appearance and grooming.

katamari Damassi

I don't think it would be possible for me to care less what's going on in football, but I do note that many of the people screaming because no team will hire Colin Kapernak(sp?) because of his controversial speech last year are many of the same people who yell "SPEECH HAS CONSEQUENCES! when they're no platforming speakers they don't like.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:A black man shot up a white church near Nashville. Hate crime? Terrorism? Black supremacist?
I don't know. Let's wait for more details to come and then make a determination.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

1 dead, multiple injured in shooting at Tennessee church, police say
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nashville- ... of-christ/

Ageist!

katamari Damassi

I have a question about the "Are traps gay?" issue.Why is this a thing? Is it happening to a significant number of men? Ifvtrans are less than 0.5% of the population then those are some busy people.

katamari Damassi

deLurch wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:A black man shot up a white church near Nashville. Hate crime? Terrorism? Black supremacist?
I don't know. Let's wait for more details to come and then make a determination.
It's punching up so it's okay.

katamari Damassi

deLurch wrote:1 dead, multiple injured in shooting at Tennessee church, police say
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nashville- ... of-christ/

Ageist!
This will make for a very happy comments section at the Friendly Atheist.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:I have a question about the "Are traps gay?" issue.Why is this a thing? Is it happening to a significant number of men? Ifvtrans are less than 0.5% of the population then those are some busy people.
It is a 4chan style question more intended to shock people of the politically correct culture that it is even being asked.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:
Sunder wrote:...Regarding her lack of comic chops, years of fanboys blowing smoke up her ass to the point she'd need to go on nicotine patches if they ever stopped has her convinced that she's a comedy genius.
This string of sour put-downs probably had Rebecca chortling while she wrote it. It's awful.

From 2007:

[.img]https://imgur.com/scJlSbb.png[/img]

[.img]https://imgur.com/XdkYqor.png[/img]

[.img]https://imgur.com/3wVMEVu.png[/img]
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3orif6ix ... /200_s.gif

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

katamari Damassi wrote:
I have a question about the "Are traps gay?" issue.Why is this a thing? Is it happening to a significant number of men? Ifvtrans are less than 0.5% of the population then those are some busy people.
It is a 4chan style question more intended to shock people of the politically correct culture that it is even being asked.
It's a 4channing of Star Wars
That's turned into yelling freebird.
(Video is of Dylan's band starts playing freebird)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

katamari Damassi wrote:I have a question about the "Are traps gay?" issue.Why is this a thing? Is it happening to a significant number of men? Ifvtrans are less than 0.5% of the population then those are some busy people.
Because the notion that a man in a dress with his dangler intact is A WOMAN must be preserved at all cost. A guy can be gay as fuck and dig hairy roly-polies, but if he fucks Danielle Muscato he's fucked A WOMAN. He is now bisexual, even if the thought of bedding a woman gives him the heebie-jeebies. This is true and must remain true whether cis males are actually humping trannies or not.

As with everything, it's all about the trans.

katamari Damassi

I finally gave up on Thunderf00t. His latest video is a visit to a Hyperloop test track where an elated Tf00t discovers rust and shoddy construction; therefore Elon Musk is a gibbering idiot. And it takes him half an hour to do this because he has to make the same point five times.

I'm not a fan of the Hyperloop. It seems unnecessary. Yes, it would be twice as fast as high speed rail, but on the TGV you're not crammed inside a tube and hoping that something doesn't go wrong with your air supply. Tf00t mocks the Hyperloop as an impossibility as though it violates laws of physics and not as the engineering challenge that it is. I can't help but picturing him through history mocking James Watt, the Wright brothers, and Robert Goddard.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

gurugeorge wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: That's why the Regressive embrace of islam is especially baffling.
The reality is that the PC cult is about status, power, social climbing via social shaming.

Quoted for absolute truth. I'd have taken a lot less shit from various "friends" had I realised this a long time ago. None of them *actually care* about whatever it is they bloviate upon.

katamari Damassi

Has anyone else seen and been disappointed by Seth MacFarlane's The Orville? It's like it can't decide if it wants to be a spoof or a reboot of Star Trek. The comedy doesn't really work because MacFarlane's humor is almost entirely based on pop culture references that don't make sense in the context of a show that takes place 300 years in the future. Why would they know about Kermit the Frog and Dora the Explorer? The sci-fi doesn't really work because it's nothing you haven't seen a Star Trek show do three times already. I'll keep with it a while longer to see if it improves, but I'm not optimistic.

And Star Trek: Discovery can fuck right off.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

katamari Damassi wrote:
You misspelled "diversity" there...

katamari Damassi

DrokkIt wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
You misspelled "diversity" there...
That aspect doesn't bother me at all. I like Michelle Yeoh and the chick from Walking Dead. The diversity thing only got under my skin when they kept touting their "gay mycologist" character. Does he study gay mushrooms? How much mycology is going to be in the show? Why should I care about this? Do you want a medal for including a gay character?

My real problems are: CBS all access, the reboot nature of it, and most of all-Spock's fucking sister.

katamari Damassi

Ape+lust wrote:

From 2007:

https://imgur.com/scJlSbb.png

https://imgur.com/XdkYqor.png

https://imgur.com/3wVMEVu.png
Someone remind me. How much money is Becks raking in from her comedy appearances?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

katamari Damassi wrote:Has anyone else seen and been disappointed by Seth MacFarlane's The Orville? It's like it can't decide if it wants to be a spoof or a reboot of Star Trek. The comedy doesn't really work because MacFarlane's humor is almost entirely based on pop culture references that don't make sense in the context of a show that takes place 300 years in the future. Why would they know about Kermit the Frog and Dora the Explorer? The sci-fi doesn't really work because it's nothing you haven't seen a Star Trek show do three times already. I'll keep with it a while longer to see if it improves, but I'm not optimistic.

Nothing beats Galaxy Quest. I'm not looking forward to this Orville thingy.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

katamari Damassi wrote:Has anyone else seen and been disappointed by Seth MacFarlane's The Orville? It's like it can't decide if it wants to be a spoof or a reboot of Star Trek. The comedy doesn't really work because MacFarlane's humor is almost entirely based on pop culture references that don't make sense in the context of a show that takes place 300 years in the future. Why would they know about Kermit the Frog and Dora the Explorer? The sci-fi doesn't really work because it's nothing you haven't seen a Star Trek show do three times already. I'll keep with it a while longer to see if it improves, but I'm not optimistic.

I don't disagree with your impression so far, but I'm still enjoying Orville. Usual disclaimer about me loving shitty entertainment. I also cried Episode 2. Hardcore related to Alara.

katamari Damassi

ERV wrote: I don't disagree with your impression so far, but I'm still enjoying Orville. Usual disclaimer about me loving shitty entertainment. I also cried Episode 2. Hardcore related to Alara.
Every time Alara's name is mentioned it gets my attention because in the radiation therapy field it's an acronym regarding exposure, it means As Low As Reasonably Achievable.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Basically real political differences based on a reasonable approach to reality are far smaller than the process of "triggering reactions" on the Internet would suggest. Nazism is dead, Communism is dead, we only have a bunch of cosplayers/trolls who haven't realized this yet.

If only there was a way for the society as a whole to stop feeding the trolls we could deal with issues like immigration, integration of immigrants, welfare, corporate cronyism, environmental problems in a more rational way.
Are you sure we can't just accuse our political enemies of being mentally ill evil perverts and call it a day? Sounds way simpler.
If we are talking about Male Feminists that appears to be the case for more than a few.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Another classic! :clap:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

It gets better.

This Morning did one of those typical "comfy sofa" interviewers with the a really weird guy who defends owing one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqokkXoa7uE&t

PS: Can't get YT to embed, for some reason.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Did I mention the anniversary brunch in Monte Carlo? (It's a bit less glamour when I have to go through there everyday to drive Ali to work, but damn! That was excellent!)

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A498B19

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A3A83E7

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A43A7B2

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A4C4FA4

Congrats on the anniversary Phil - hope you nd Ali enjoy many more
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A84D183

Congrats on the Anniversary Phil, hope you and Ali enjoy many more

Malky

Post by Malky »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Did I mention the anniversary brunch in Monte Carlo? (It's a bit less glamour when I have to go through there everyday to drive Ali to work, but damn! That was excellent!)

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A498B19

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A3A83E7

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A43A7B2

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A4C4FA4

Congrats on the anniversary Phil - hope you nd Ali enjoy many more
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A84D183

Congrats on the Anniversary Phil, hope you and Ali enjoy many more

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Another classic! :clap:
Someone above said they were having increasing difficulty distinguishing between a shoop and real photos? ... well so am I.

Malky

Post by Malky »

oops sorry about double post

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Basically real political differences based on a reasonable approach to reality are far smaller than the process of "triggering reactions" on the Internet would suggest. Nazism is dead, Communism is dead, we only have a bunch of cosplayers/trolls who haven't realized this yet.

If only there was a way for the society as a whole to stop feeding the trolls we could deal with issues like immigration, integration of immigrants, welfare, corporate cronyism, environmental problems in a more rational way.
Are you sure we can't just accuse our political enemies of being mentally ill evil perverts and call it a day? Sounds way simpler.
If we are talking about Male Feminists that appears to be the case for more than a few.
We should have some sort of deal pool type betting thing on which male feminist will be the next to be outed as a rapist/harasser/pedo.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Apropos of the topics related to all things trans (or gay) that seem to poping up - does anyone else think that Phil is looking a lot more attractive in his latest series of pictures?