Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:Fucken quote fail.
Quite!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:Ancient Greek people were all white supremacists:
Ancient Greeks are apparently Schoedinger's White: white supremacists if students feel like protesting a class, colored people if their culture is taken as a sign that the white stole everything they learned from POCs.
Next Evergreen. These protesters are trashing the reputation of their alma mater, and if they graduate, will end up with a toxic line on their résumés.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

deLurch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Citation? (needed!)
I don't know about his claims, but in the video of the confrontation, as the cops are telling him to drop the knife and ask him his name, he yells "Shoot me." The guy was basically fine up until he started lunging towards the cop who did not have a barricade between them.

At the 11-12 second mark.

I basically agree, but I think the word "lunging" is a bit overstated as a description of the steps he took toward the as-yet-unidentified female cop.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

OOPS, I misgendered them again.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Tim Pool talking some calm sense as usual, re. the Georgia Tech incident. He also points to the underestimated deadliness of knife attacks.

Apparently upwards of 5,000 students have upvoted a little notice on Reddit denouncing the rioters and supporting the police (not sure how he knows it was students upvoting - perhaps it's a post only students can interact with?):-

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

fuzzy wrote:I basically agree, but I think the word "lunging" is a bit overstated as a description of the steps he took toward the as-yet-unidentified female cop.
I concur. Poor word choice on my part. Perhaps you would say he was more lurching.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Ape+lust wrote:HAHA!! Steve Shives is sick of Seth Andrews' shit. He says Andrews is "dead to me" and "should be fucking ashamed of himself."

That didn't take long :D

Sadly, it looks like Seth's quitting out loud and asking Mythcon to dump the toxic trio was a waste. Steve isn't impressed with anything short of popping a Nazi in the face.

Here's the aftermath, with Shives muttering to himself:

https://imgur.com/xwvHVXW.png
Check the dates,this was two days before Seth announced he was quitting.

feathers

Post by feathers »

I would avoid their sponsors, if only I knew any one of them.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:HAHA!! Steve Shives is sick of Seth Andrews' shit. He says Andrews is "dead to me" and "should be fucking ashamed of himself."

That didn't take long :D

Sadly, it looks like Seth's quitting out loud and asking Mythcon to dump the toxic trio was a waste. Steve isn't impressed with anything short of popping a Nazi in the face.

Here's the aftermath, with Shives muttering to himself:

https://imgur.com/xwvHVXW.png
Check the dates,this was two days before Seth announced he was quitting.
Ah yes, so it is. Oops. I took another look, he still hasn't given Andrews a break for his public withdrawal.

He's kicking at Richard Carrier right now :lol:

https://imgur.com/yX2KOrB.png

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I'm picking up the scent of a trend (ok, it's full on odour d'ordure) that SJWs/ctrl-left (call them what you will) just want to destroy. They have no desire to create or add to human culture, just get rid of evidence of a past they despise.

Herein, a proposal to remove statues of white scientists, who may not have been whiter than white in their ideologies. I have hope though, that the resistance is growing btl.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

The thing I love about Trump is that you're never quite sure whether it's all 4-d chess or just a random walk by a buffoon - but things like Pelosi last night, and the Manafort revelations just keep happening. It's uncanny.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Awww, this is really sweet - BLM guy speaks at Trump rally and after a rocky start he says some unifying, patriotic things and gets cheers from the Trumpsters.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Clarence wrote:Is it possible some of the people pushing the SOC JUS narratives really hate the minorities (blacks, trans, the sexuality rainbow) and 'marginalized' groups they claim to be defending?
They might hate all people equally, including themselves.

Mostly what it looks like to me is people advancing their writing and speaking careers by helping people find excuses and camouflage for their prejudices and animosities, and for indulging their worst impulses.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Clarence wrote:... how counterproductive most of this alleged 'well intentioned activism' is.
I think it's all about fundraising. I attended some meetings of a gay lobby, and their stated goals were perpetually postponed, in favor of fundraising. They kept saying that first they had to raise money, before they could start working on their goals. The most popular way of raising funds is by stirring up alarm and anger against some group or category of people, and role-playing that you're fighting against them, which is the polar opposite of what needs to happen, to solve the problems.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

deLurch wrote:Perhaps you would say he was more lurching.
Good word!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

KiwiInOz wrote:I'm picking up the scent of a trend (ok, it's full on odour d'ordure) that SJWs/ctrl-left (call them what you will) just want to destroy. They have no desire to create or add to human culture, just get rid of evidence of a past they despise.

Herein, a proposal to remove statues of white scientists, who may not have been whiter than white in their ideologies. I have hope though, that the resistance is growing btl.
Fucking hell. You know that old saying, about how every generation believes it's the first one to discover sex? I think we can add to that: that every generation believes itself the pinnacle of unfettered virtue.

If future morality ever holds veganism as the norm for 'decent, empathic' people - and it's not impossible - then it's a pity that none of these self-righteous prigs will be around to experience the disdain and ignominy that comes from enjoying a drop of milk in your tea.

And then of course, there is the hypocrisy - as ever. Bigoted hordes from the middle east can be excused their excesses, coming as they do from less enlightened cultures. But apparently, people from a less enlightened past...cannot. For some reason.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

John D wrote:The Columbine shooters also had a suicide fantasy. Kleibold and Harris knew they would die when they started their rampage. They wanted to die and do as much damage as possible on the way out.
One popular theme in stories, movies, and games today is heroes whose heroism consists of going on a killing rampage.

John D

Post by John D »

Live stream with Rubin and Weinstein.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Bret Weinstein is on live right now with Dave Rubin and someone else I don't know.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

:nin: :nin: :nin:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

John D wrote:Live stream with Rubin and Weinstein.

Enjoying the discussion.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

KiwiInOz wrote:
John D wrote:Live stream with Rubin and Weinstein.

Enjoying the discussion.
Yeah, me too. Steven Smith is apparently a libertarian that thinks that free speech in the public square must be heavily regulated.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

dogen

Post by dogen »

jet_lagg wrote:
dogen wrote:
Hey Scented -- I've recently got back into NMS, spurred by the many improvements (bases, farming, freighters, economy) that Hello Games has added, and also by the Galactic Hub project. Have you heard of this? It's a systematic attempt to set up a civilization. It took me around 150 jumps to make my way to the hub, but I'm there now and exploring/naming/claiming planets.
Do you have all three upgrades for the warp drive, and if so how long did that take? I used black hole roulette to get within what I thought was a reasonable distance of the hub, but was putting the wrong numbers into the pilgrim star path calculator. Once I noticed I wasn't getting any closer after updating my coordinates I realized the mistake. Plugging in the new numbers I found out I was over 500 jumps away. No way in hell am I grinding that out, and I'm not playing roulette any more either.
I initially had only two upgrades, but I found a Gek system which sold me the final (theta) upgrade. That took my jump range to 1,000 (would have been larger, if my ship was an explorer rather than a hauler), and reduced the number of remaining jumps to around 150. You can also get the theta upgrade as a reward from Polo in the Anomaly.

But for 500 jumps out, I'd use a portal to get there. Just dial in an address, and go through. I can give you coordinates for a star in the hub, and you can use pilgrim star path to convert to portal glyphs (assuming you have unlocked the glyphs).

Also, are you doing black hole roulette correctly? Going through and realoading a previous save if you don't get close enough?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

katamari Damassi wrote:Did you know that the Trans Siberian Orchestra isn't actually trans? In fact there's not a single trans person in the group!
And do they play on the Trans Siberian Railway (pronouns: chuff, chuff and chuff)?

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

katamari Damassi wrote:Did you know that the Trans Siberian Orchestra isn't actually trans? In fact there's not a single trans person in the group!

What about the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline? Did they make it out of real trans Alaskans?

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Pipeline pitkill.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

I have a radical proposition re: cops and people brandishing weapons. Given that there's always a chance a deranged person can go on a killing spree at short range with a knife, like in that awful video from Latin America, here's what I propose:

Police should start shooting early and often. Just hear me out.

Inside the ten to fifteen foot radius cops are trained to shoot lethally, since a non-lethal leg shot inside that distance can result in a charge that kills the officer. But if cops gave warning at fifty feet and started shooting non-lethally at forty feet, they would still have time to resort to lethal shots at close range. More than likely, the longer, non-lethal shots would put an armed assailant down.

Not an ideal solution by any means. For instance, a "non-lethal" leg shot can easily kill someone if it hits an artery. It would also require quite a bit of PR spin, since police shootings would go up, though I think police killings would go down.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

KiwiInOz wrote:I'm picking up the scent of a trend (ok, it's full on odour d'ordure) that SJWs/ctrl-left (call them what you will) just want to destroy. They have no desire to create or add to human culture, just get rid of evidence of a past they despise.

A post about Marion Sims popped up in my Facebook feed and it sounded really horrible: "He experimented on slaves! He he performed surgery on them and didn't use anesthesia! So I looked him up and let's just say that context really matters.
He did experimental surgery on slaves! It makes it sound like he bought slaves to experiment on, right? The slaves he operated on were brought to him by their owners because these women were suffering from a catastrophic complication of childbirth called rectovaginal fistulas and vesicovaginal fistulas . His work saved these women a lifetime of incontinence and passing feces through their vaginas.
He operated without anesthesia! Well, he started his work in 1845. Ether was first demonstrated publicly in Boston in 1846. It would take a few years before its use caught on with doctors. While I'm sure this guy wasn't a saint, he was far from being Josef Mengele.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Hunt wrote:I have a radical proposition re: cops and people brandishing weapons. Given that there's always a chance a deranged person can go on a killing spree at short range with a knife, like in that awful video from Latin America, here's what I propose:

Police should start shooting early and often. Just hear me out.

Inside the ten to fifteen foot radius cops are trained to shoot lethally, since a non-lethal leg shot inside that distance can result in a charge that kills the officer. But if cops gave warning at fifty feet and started shooting non-lethally at forty feet, they would still have time to resort to lethal shots at close range. More than likely, the longer, non-lethal shots would put an armed assailant down.

Not an ideal solution by any means. For instance, a "non-lethal" leg shot can easily kill someone if it hits an artery. It would also require quite a bit of PR spin, since police shootings would go up, though I think police killings would go down.
Marksmanship is a dying art. The old .38 revolvers have been replaced by ever-higher capacity plastic pistols. Our own locals lately have a pretty dismal record. I think it's a kind thought, but I doubt it would reduce killings.

Ironically, bringing back billy clubs or tonfas might. It would certainly give another option slightly less lethal than .9mm.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

katamari Damassi wrote:

A post about Marion Sims popped up in my Facebook feed and it sounded really horrible: "He experimented on slaves! He he performed surgery on them and didn't use anesthesia! So I looked him up and let's just say that context really matters.
He did experimental surgery on slaves! It makes it sound like he bought slaves to experiment on, right? The slaves he operated on were brought to him by their owners because these women were suffering from a catastrophic complication of childbirth called rectovaginal fistulas and vesicovaginal fistulas . His work saved these women a lifetime of incontinence and passing feces through their vaginas.
He operated without anesthesia! Well, he started his work in 1845. Ether was first demonstrated publicly in Boston in 1846. It would take a few years before its use caught on with doctors. While I'm sure this guy wasn't a saint, he was far from being Josef Mengele.
Context, schmontext. He was obviously the inspiration for Mengele's career choice.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

I'm surprised this didn't cause an uproar...

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:Ah yes, so it is. Oops. I took another look, he still hasn't given Andrews a break for his public withdrawal.

He's kicking at Richard Carrier right now :lol:

https://imgur.com/yX2KOrB.png
To be fair, the Alt-Right is the coming of the great white race, which is purely in Carrier's area of expertise. And he sure as shit isn't going to miss a chance to spread that all over Kristie Winters. It's OK if he gets a little on his own face. It won't make him gay.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Guest_936d3dec wrote: 18 minutes of some pretty catchy music, also, ode to the yoni.

A bit more on that fashion show: in an interview last February, the designer said their work is about "what it means to be feminist in 2016/17", announcing "I’m also working with Kanye West on his Yeezy fashion lines."

The interview contained the following "Manifesto"...

NAMILIA SS17 RUNWAY MANIFESTO

- YOU’RE JUST A TOY -

1. Visualization of the extreme power and madness of teenage fandom and turning boys into sexual playthings.

2. Reversing patriarchal society’s concept of female sexualisation and objectification.

3. A mash up of hardcore fetishwear, provocative slogans and nsfw visuals to create the true fashion activist

4. A Celebration of the deviant and the freakish; reinterpreting the rebellious and sexual codes of punks and goths

5. Freeing yourself from the common rules of decency and letting your most inner fantasies run free.

6. Take down Trump.

This Manifesto is brought to you by the invincible all-girl Namilia cult

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

I wonder if they are talking about this one which seems to meet the description a bit better

feathers

Post by feathers »

KiwiInOz wrote:Herein, a proposal to remove statues of white scientists, who may not have been whiter than white in their ideologies. I have hope though, that the resistance is growing btl.
BerserkToys 20h ago
Presumably then you'll be tearing down the Carrie Chapman Catt statue in Nashville's Centennial Park for her statement that "[w]hite supremacy will be strengthened, not weakened, by women's suffrage".
:D

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Herein, a proposal to remove statues of white scientists, who may not have been whiter than white in their ideologies. I have hope though, that the resistance is growing btl.
BerserkToys 20h ago
Presumably then you'll be tearing down the Carrie Chapman Catt statue in Nashville's Centennial Park for her statement that "[w]hite supremacy will be strengthened, not weakened, by women's suffrage".
:D
Since people want to remove statues of Gandhi for a few racist things he said in his youth I think the removal of the statue of a "white feminist" is perfectly possible.

But why stop there? Why not just remove all the statues of all white people, and also statues of Asians since they're Honorary Aryans anyway? Why not blow up Mount Rushmore, the Lincoln Monument, the Jefferson Memorial and all monuments to white people? Why not simply abolish the United States since they're based on white supremacy anyway?

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

"As this latest controversy shows, science also has its monuments to white supremacy. Like Confederate monuments, these statues should be removed. They are daggers to the open wounds of communities that have long known that white supremacy reaches far beyond the sphere of conventional politics into medicine and science."

I've been trying to analyze my feelings about some of the topics I've been reading about here. When I saw that, I had a sinking feeling in my stomach, and then a feeling of disbelief, like "No, this can't really be happening." I looked at the top of the page to see if maybe it was one of those fake satire news sites. I looked at the bottom of the page for a disclaimer. Nothing. I searched the page for "satire." Nothing.

I've seen this kind of folly dozens of times before, and much worse, but I never get used to it.

Now I'm having a vague feeling of dread, like seeing the earth's population being taken over by body snatchers, slowly but irresistibly, like there is no hope for stopping it.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:
That goes down very well with their commentariat I can see.

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Ironically, bringing back billy clubs or tonfas might. It would certainly give another option slightly less lethal than .9mm.
Unfortunately, the tonfa would be cultural appropriation, so that's out.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:I wonder if they are talking about this one which seems to meet the description a bit better
I was more thinking of this fashion show:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ugAaw2k3wZQ/U ... .-1942.jpg

"Freeing yourself from the common rules of decency and letting your most inner fantasies run free"

feathers

Post by feathers »

jimhabegger wrote:I've been trying to analyze my feelings about some of the topics I've been reading about here. When I saw that, I had a sinking feeling in my stomach, and then a feeling of disbelief, like "No, this can't really be happening." I looked at the top of the page to see if maybe it was one of those fake satire news sites.
Ah, but the Guardian is, or has become, just that.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Several Grauniad readers also point out its troubled past:
Aelwyd57 Dulcibella52 18h ago
Opposing the creation of the NHS in 1948 wasn't this newspaper's only contribution to infamy. After the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, it opined

“Of his rule, we can never speak except as a series of acts abhorrent to every true notion of constitutional right and human liberty.”

It blamed those who were killed and injured at Peterloo; it tacitly sided with Thatcher's view of the unions as 'the enemy within', accusing them of "[living] on strife". And on and on it goes: all you have to do is read the back copies.

If statues should "fall" because of the objectionable views of those memorialised, maybe this newspaper should too? After all, fair's fair ...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Thanks for the tip on Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey. I didn't remember how much I enjoyed that game!

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I've been trying to analyze my feelings about some of the topics I've been reading about here:

- Mudslinging between political parties.

Nothing for me to see here. Boring.

- Identity politics self-destructing.

Fun to watch.

- Folly, cruelty, oppression, repression, vandalism, and violence, in the name of social justice.

As I said earlier, I feel betrayed, seeing imitations of principles and practices that I value, being used to excuse all that, and I feel vaguely threatened by it.

I used to feel intimidated by some of the claims and demands being made around sexual and gender identities, and I sometimes submitted to them. I might still not be completely immune to that, but I feel a lot less intimidated than I used to. I think the Pit has helped me a lot with that.

After I stopped feeling intimidated, I started feeling angry and resentful about how I had been tricked and fooled, with imitations of principles and practices that I value.

I haven't felt oppressed or repressed, possibly because I've largely escaped being a target of the oppression and repression. The worst oppression I think I've ever felt has been a feeling a little inhibited about saying what I thought in some some conversations, and feeling an impulse to apologize for being white, or for being a man, or both.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Thirty-six men have been charged with more than 300 offences against 184 children after an investigation uncovered a "staggering" rate of abuse in Roebourne, Western Australia.

The state's child protection minister said the scale of the epidemic was so vast that child sex abuse had become "normal" in the remote former gold rush town, which has a largely Aboriginal population of about 1,410.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 51946.html

Feels a bit shades of Rotherham or whatever that fucking place is called, you know I never remember it.

Keating

Post by Keating »

deLurch wrote:To be fair, the Alt-Right is the coming of the great white race, which is purely in Carrier's area of expertise. And he sure as shit isn't going to miss a chance to spread that all over Kristie Winters. It's OK if he gets a little on his own face. It won't make him gay.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The Oppression Olympics never slows down or stops:
and it's already not enough:
What's next? Subdivide black queer people into those with "passing privilege" and "not passing privilege"? Trying to find a black, disabled, queer muslim neuroatypical woman to crown as New Winner of Oppression Olympics? But what next? Who's less privileged than the least privileged person on earth?

Maybe we could all check our living privilege and die already, in order to oppressing dead people. Hooray!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The Oppression Olympics never slows down or stops:
and it's already not enough:
What's next? Subdivide black queer people into those with "passing privilege" and "not passing privilege"? Trying to find a black, disabled, queer muslim neuroatypical woman to crown as New Winner of Oppression Olympics? But what next? Who's less privileged than the least privileged person on earth?

Maybe we could all check our living privilege and die already, in order to oppressing dead people. Hooray!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

So having me as the first black lead of a Star Trek, just blasts that into a million pieces.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 54196.html

I'm confused.
Benjamin-Sisko.jpg
(81.95 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
So having me as the first black lead of a Star Trek, just blasts that into a million pieces.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 54196.html

I'm confused.
Benjamin-Sisko.jpg
He's a straight cis male, he doesn't really count.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Hunt wrote:But if cops gave warning at fifty feet and started shooting non-lethally at forty feet, they would still have time to resort to lethal shots at close range. More than likely, the longer, non-lethal shots would put an armed assailant down.
Marksmanship is a dying art. The old .38 revolvers have been replaced by ever-higher capacity plastic pistols. Our own locals lately have a pretty dismal record. I think it's a kind thought, but I doubt it would reduce killings.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that black men have historically had a harder time in the US than black women.

In fact I've been waiting for this particular clash of black politics and misandrist feminist politics.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Clarence wrote:Is it possible some of the people pushing the SOC JUS narratives really hate the minorities (blacks, trans, the sexuality rainbow) and 'marginalized' groups they claim to be defending?
They certainly patronize them and treat them like children. I wouldn't say that they hate minorities, but I often get the feeling that a lot of them simply love the role of the Great White Cis (Hetero, Male if necessary) Savior who Does The Good Work for the Poor Oppressed Victims.

It's like those parents who spoil their children rotten, furiously defend them no matter what they do, and treat them like kids even though they're adults. They don't hate them, but they surely don't treat them as equals.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Also this explains why so many "male feminists" turn out to be creepers/awkward flirts or worse. They see women as damsels in distress who will reward them with their love if they protect them, and get frustrated when the reward never comes.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jimhabegger wrote:I've been trying to analyze my feelings about some of the topics I've been reading about here:

- Mudslinging between political parties.

Nothing for me to see here. Boring.

- Identity politics self-destructing.

Fun to watch.

- Folly, cruelty, oppression, repression, vandalism, and violence, in the name of social justice.

As I said earlier, I feel betrayed, seeing imitations of principles and practices that I value, being used to excuse all that, and I feel vaguely threatened by it.

I used to feel intimidated by some of the claims and demands being made around sexual and gender identities, and I sometimes submitted to them. I might still not be completely immune to that, but I feel a lot less intimidated than I used to. I think the Pit has helped me a lot with that.

After I stopped feeling intimidated, I started feeling angry and resentful about how I had been tricked and fooled, with imitations of principles and practices that I value.

I haven't felt oppressed or repressed, possibly because I've largely escaped being a target of the oppression and repression. The worst oppression I think I've ever felt has been a feeling a little inhibited about saying what I thought in some some conversations, and feeling an impulse to apologize for being white, or for being a man, or both.
When my wife worked in disability services, I explained the SJW mindset to her thus:

They see that the presence of stairs is unfair to disabled people.
They fight to have the stairs removed, rather than fight to have a ramp/lift installed.

It resonated with her (and I think that I might have got that allegory from here).

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Sunder wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that black men have historically had a harder time in the US than black women.

In fact I've been waiting for this particular clash of black politics and misandrist feminist politics.
If women are the real victims in wars when their husbands and sons are killed and maimed, why couldn't the women be the victims here as well regardless of who has the hardest time in an objective sense.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

KiwiInOz wrote:When my wife worked in disability services, I explained the SJW mindset to her thus:

They see that the presence of stairs is unfair to disabled people.
They fight to have the stairs removed, rather than fight to have a ramp/lift installed.

It resonated with her (and I think that I might have got that allegory from here).
A true SJW is someone who would go around and demand that people who use stairs are hidden behind a curtain while they're climbing the stairs, because their ability to walk up the stairs is triggering to disabled people.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

fafnir wrote:
Sunder wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that black men have historically had a harder time in the US than black women.

If women are the real victims in wars when their husbands and sons are killed and maimed, why couldn't the women be the victims here as well regardless of who has the hardest time in an objective sense.
You could write an OP for the Guardian.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

rayshul wrote:
Thirty-six men have been charged with more than 300 offences against 184 children after an investigation uncovered a "staggering" rate of abuse in Roebourne, Western Australia.

The state's child protection minister said the scale of the epidemic was so vast that child sex abuse had become "normal" in the remote former gold rush town, which has a largely Aboriginal population of about 1,410.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 51946.html

Feels a bit shades of Rotherham or whatever that fucking place is called, you know I never remember it.
That is fucking awful, and is an omelette that is going to take a lot of unscrambling before those kids (and adults) can ever (if ever) be healthy.