In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Clarence

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Clarence »

Kirbmarc wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKCFH8fWkAAx-H3.jpg

Just when I thought that Trump was done and the Democrats had a chance to wipe him and the GOP out in the 2018 elections, here comes Clinton to give him new ammunition. I can already imagine Trump's tweets: "Crooked Hillary wants to steal the election because she can't accept that she lost! Sad!".

Clinton really doesn't know when to shut up. She could have said that she was waiting for the results of the investigation, and that she wasn't going to accept a leading question. She could have said that it wasn't her responsibility. But no, she had to say that she "wouldn't rule out" contesting the election, when the Muller investigation still is far from complete.

Just like she could have waited until she was elected to pontificate about "baskets of deplorables", but no, she had to talk about it before the election, when it could have easily been used against her (and guess what, it was).

Hillary is her own worst enemy. At this point she's also one of the Democratic Party's biggest liabilities.
BLM and Identity Politics completely rules the VOTING BASE of the Democratic party. Yes, Hillary is a liability (as is practically any of the older corporate shills the Party would nominate at this point, and no , Elizabeth Warren would stand no chance even if she could get a fair hearing by the corrupt $ powers that actually control the Democrats ), but so what? So long as the base is this crazy anti-white, anti-male, and anti-cop bunch of demagogues Hillary (and anyone the Democrats would nominate) will play along with it. Do you really think THAT was going to be a winning message in 2018?

Trump doesn't have to do much of anything (other than not betray his base too much), he doesn't even have to moderate his tweets. Why? Because this is the post-truth era, and large swathes of the public (and more all the time) no longer trust mainstream news organs. It doesn't matter if Trump lies or exaggerates if his opponents and the press lie and exaggerate about him all the time, which they do. He has built- in excuse for not getting much of his promises done: about 20 to 30 percent of Congressional Republicans refuse to work with him and so he's gotten little legislation to sign. This is because most of the leadership is downright corrupt and owned by largely globalist economic interests and the US COC, but that doesn't really matter. The point is, Republicans like McCain might as well be Democrats when it comes to things like the Border Wall, Repeal of Obamacare (which the Republican Leadership promised for 7 or 8 years prior to Trump, they had all sorts of excuses, now they have NONE) and foreign policy. Then there is the fact that Trump refuses to play Identity Politics and refuses to totally bow to the new Thought Police on the left.

Of course it would be nice if the Democrats would run someone who refused to play the IP game and had some actually populist policies - but except (to an extent and it will not get done) for Nationalized Healthcare (Single Payer) they have none. And the party is too corrupt to change.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

From what I've seen, there isn't any limit to how much people will deceive themselves and compromise themselves; or to the atrocities they will ignore, deny, or excuse; to feel welcome in some fellowship. I see some possible explanations for the animosities between factions, and for the increasing cruelty and violence associated with them. What hasn't been clear to me is how people choose their factions, when they decide to leave the factions they're in. It might be for a variety of reasons: economic and social benefits, opposition to the previous faction, having friends in the new faction, what else?

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

A while ago I was wondering why we gravitate so much towards maligning people. One reason I see is that when we're feeling oppressed, repressed, intimidated, or resentful, it's gratifying to have those feelings validated by other people. I talked to my wife about that, and while I was talking the thought came to me that we could learn to help each other with those feelings, without maligning anyone.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Out of interest, how easy is it to get into China and like, live there forever.

Just incase the West is pretty much in its death throes right now, I'ma going to have to find a new country.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

rayshul wrote:Out of interest, how easy is it to get into China and like, live there forever.

Just incase the West is pretty much in its death throes right now, I'ma going to have to find a new country.
:lol:
Well, it does feel safer here to us, in the part of China where we live, and there's no counterfeit social justice movement here at all. In fact, there's not any kind of social justice movement here, at least in media stories.

Getting into China, and living here forever, is easy if you want to give private English lessons. It used to be easy to get jobs teaching English in schools, but they've been making it harder and harder every year, at least for my wife. Getting into China, and living here forever, is easy that is, economically and legally. Psychologically and socially is another story. Even for most people who learn to speak the language fluently (which does not include my wife and me), never learn to read and write it, there are a lot of little annoyances and frustrations in daily life, which eventually drive people back to their home countries. Also, I don't know which countries besides the US, if any, pay social security to expats.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

fuzzy wrote:
feathers wrote:Looks like Antifa finally found a Nazi to punch.

A Nazi who doesn't seem to have been violent, mind.
Wow, that was a nasty punch. SInce they were stalking him, they probably brought a ringer to throw it.

No, if you watch the video he is clearly Caucasian.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Being that we are going on almost eleven months since the election, I think if Clinton thought she had a leg to stand on, she would have challenged already. She's playing for a reduex in 20' ( or at least positioning herself, the narrative being that she deserves another shot because she was robbed last time)

If Hitch was alive, he could write a book about her called "No one left to blame".

oh, and to any lurkers, i know the term "leg to stand on" is ableist, don't give a shit.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

fuzzy wrote:

Wow, that was a nasty punch. SInce they were stalking him, they probably brought a ringer to throw it.

Not that I'm advocating punching nazis or anyone else for that matter but why in today's climate especially in the USA and specifically the west coast would you walk the streets and use public transport wearing a fucking swastika?

The guy was either deliberately attempting to goad someone to have a go or he's just an idiot. Again I'm all for freedom of expression and free speech but honestly some people sometimes deserve all they get.

Unless it was all a set up and some kind of SJW performance art bollocks. :roll:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
fuzzy wrote:

Not that I'm advocating punching nazis or anyone else for that matter but why in today's climate especially in the USA and specifically the west coast would you walk the streets and use public transport wearing a fucking swastika?

The guy was either deliberately attempting to goad someone to have a go or he's just an idiot. Again I'm all for freedom of expression and free speech but honestly some people sometimes deserve all they get.

Unless it was all a set up and some kind of SJW performance art bollocks. :roll:
First thing that came to my mind is that he is mentally ill.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

rayshul wrote:Out of interest, how easy is it to get into China and like, live there forever.
Everything you want to know about China.
https://www.youtube.com/user/churchillcustoms/featured

On the downside, China doesn't take well to darker skinned people. White skinned people barely get by as anything more than international arm candy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

deLurch wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:The transsexual student shot in Georgia is now inspiring riots. This will backfire and most people will support law & order. Either these students are unnecessarily stupid or they want to be more oppressed for real.
http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-vigil- ... YLCf3KnwO/
Is that what this is about?

Some asshole commits suicide by cop and they go nuts? Not the cop's fault.
Unless the person is a white male, it apparently is always the cop's fault.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I said that one possible reason I see for gravitating towards maligning people is that when we're feeling oppressed, repressed, intimidated, or resentful, it's gratifying to have those feelings validated by other people. I thought of two more feelings that might be involved: feeling betrayed, and feeling threatened. I feel betrayed by people using imitations of principles and practices I value, as excuses and camouflage for cruelty, vandalism, trying to ruin people's lives, and violence, and I feel vaguely threatened by it, even though I haven't been damaged by it yet, because I can easily image that I could be.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Some asshole commits suicide by cop and they go nuts? Not the cop's fault.
Unless the person is a white male, it apparently is always the cop's fault.[/quote]

The voice was of a lady cop, though. Her (likely) smaller frame compared to the testosterone-poisoned genderfluid individual approaching her may come into play. Who's got popcorn?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

GenerallyFading wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:GenerallyFading, I've sent you some PMs.
And I have now responded - it keeps saying the message is in my Outbox though, so I hope its gone.
It stays in the outbox till read - it's a kind of tracker.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

D'oh! quote fail.

... And CH20 :icon-lol:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Anyone seen Al Gore ? :whistle:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

The weaponised autists have noticed. The weaponised autists appear to see it as a challenge.
An apt curse for the modern age: may /pol/ take notice of you.

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
deLurch wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:The transsexual student shot in Georgia is now inspiring riots. This will backfire and most people will support law & order. Either these students are unnecessarily stupid or they want to be more oppressed for real.
http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-vigil- ... YLCf3KnwO/
Is that what this is about?

Some asshole commits suicide by cop and they go nuts? Not the cop's fault.
Unless the person is a white male, it apparently is always the cop's fault.
Bored privileged leftist young people fueled by MSM and the Democrats. Glad I live in the Republican suburbs.

A couple of thoughts.... why don't the cops have fire extinguishers in their patrol cars? They had a chance to put out the fire but it took them too long to react.

The cops show an amazing amount of restraint. Most of the time cops put up with a shit ton of abuse when they have done nothing wrong. I've witnessed a cop get slapped and spit on by a woman who was obviously high as fuck. The cop just blocked her attack and backed up a few steps. I was thinking he should have kicked the shit out of her. I have never been a big supporter of the cops until lately. But, these guys don't make that much money and they put up with a ton of shit. For sure, they are not perfect and some are even murderers. I'm not saying they don't have some real issues. But, many of these videos are giving me a lot more respect for cops.

Really?

Post by Really? »

How do we even know that the trans person was clearly mentally ill as fuck and was trying to commit suicide by cop?

Oh. Xir was the one who made the 911 call and left three suicide notes.

Why does the regressive left choose the worst examples to make their points?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

shoutinghorse wrote:Anyone seen Al Gore ? :whistle:
I get very suspicious of anything about global warming written by someone called 'Harry Cockburn'

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I've always thought that people here were wrong to think they were on some kind of moral high ground, compared to people in the FTB faction. I've changed my mind about that. I haven't seen people here trying to ruin other people's lives as much as I've seen people doing in the FTB faction. I see more moral restraint here than what I've been able to see in the FTB faction. Of course there might be individuals over there on far higher moral ground than some over here, but I'm speaking statistically.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Really? wrote:How do we even know that the trans person was clearly mentally ill as fuck and was trying to commit suicide by cop?

Zhe will go down as the Emily Davison of zher time.

Tranny lives matter :violin:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: Zhe will go down as the Emily Davison of zher time.

Tranny lives matter :violin:
'Scrotes for women!'

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

... so now I have go try again to integrate myself into the FTB faction.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Really? wrote:How do we even know that the trans person was clearly mentally ill as fuck and was trying to commit suicide by cop?

Citation? (needed!)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I love seeing these melts tear each other apart.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

haha. Someone tell the good doctor. I can't do it. He has me blocked

Really?

Post by Really? »

Lsuoma wrote:

Citation? (needed!)
http://www.ajc.com/news/gbi-georgia-tec ... EAEK98biN/

This wasn't his first suicide attempt either. And 911 misgendered him. They should have described him as "neither gender, height and race unknown" or something.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

HAHA!! Steve Shives is sick of Seth Andrews' shit. He says Andrews is "dead to me" and "should be fucking ashamed of himself."

That didn't take long :D

Sadly, it looks like Seth's quitting out loud and asking Mythcon to dump the toxic trio was a waste. Steve isn't impressed with anything short of popping a Nazi in the face.

Here's the aftermath, with Shives muttering to himself:

https://imgur.com/xwvHVXW.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

All failed revolutionaries end up turning on each other.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Really? wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Citation? (needed!)

This wasn't his first suicide attempt either. And 911 misgendered him. They should have described him as "neither gender, height and race unknown" or something.
Schultz called 911 alerting them “of a suspicious person on campus.” In the call, Schultz describes the person as a white male, with long blonde hair, white T-shirt and blue jeans who is possibly intoxicated, holding a knife and possibly armed with a gun on his hip,” the GBI said in a statement.
If true, THIS is why he was shot. Suicide by cop. End of story.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
Really? wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Citation? (needed!)

Schultz called 911 alerting them “of a suspicious person on campus.” In the call, Schultz describes the person as a white male, with long blonde hair, white T-shirt and blue jeans who is possibly intoxicated, holding a knife and possibly armed with a gun on his hip,” the GBI said in a statement.
If true, THIS is why he was shot. Suicide by cop. End of story.
By which I meant, if he reported that the person had a gun, not whether they ACTUALLY had a gun.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Scented Nectar wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:Oh, and Scented Nectar if you're lurking, I picked up No Man's Sky now that the price dropped to $20 and they've patched in a lot of the missing features. In its current form it's a solid indie title, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Right now I'm occupied with base building and taking side quests, but eventually I'm going to try to get to the Rento expanse where all the other players are gathering. If they have proper multiplayer by the time I get there and you're still gaming, we'll have to form an official Slymepit exploratory crew.
CommanderTuvok wrote:Big earrings are another form of aposematism, or whatever the fuck that term is - a warning for sensible people to stay the fuck away.

Oh, and Scented Nectar will be happy - for some reason No Man's Sky has got an extension. Lol.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/11/no-mans-s ... y-6845807/
Hi Jet Lagg and CommanderTuvok! :) I just found your posts about NMS on a vanity search. I usually fuck those up by doing them page by page on just the never ending thread, since sometimes something will grab my eye at the top of the pages as I do that. This time I just did the more efficient search box way, so... I see I missed your posts last month.

I gave up on NMS after getting 581 very intensive hours in. It was amazing while it lasted, but all that was left for me, was the unfolding story. Then, it fully dawned on me what it meant that Sony had the team's original storyline changed shortly before release. So, I lost my urge to finish the game or even to just endlessly explore. It wasn't written by the same team that came up with the beautiful game. So, the bloom was off the rose, once that more fully sunk in. But it was nice while it lasted. My favourite game ever.

I see they actually added to the storyline recently. That means they really didn't have the re-write finished at the time of release, I bet.

I found an alien Pepe the Frog on one planet:
https://i.imgur.com/JwAvvvD.png

And one planet had a red light district. The aliens there are not very good spellers though:
https://i.imgur.com/ctICmu3.png
Hey Scented -- I've recently got back into NMS, spurred by the many improvements (bases, farming, freighters, economy) that Hello Games has added, and also by the Galactic Hub project. Have you heard of this? It's a systematic attempt to set up a civilization. It took me around 150 jumps to make my way to the hub, but I'm there now and exploring/naming/claiming planets.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

He misgendered himself? Shooting was too good for him. I'm glad the cops dead named him.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Did you know that the Trans Siberian Orchestra isn't actually trans? In fact there's not a single trans person in the group!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Also, from you can't work out how to hang yourself with a belt you shouldn't be studying engineering.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Lsuoma wrote:Citation? (needed!)
I don't know about his claims, but in the video of the confrontation, as the cops are telling him to drop the knife and ask him his name, he yells "Shoot me." The guy was basically fine up until he started lunging towards the cop who did not have a barricade between them.

At the 11-12 second mark.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

katamari Damassi wrote:Did you know that the Trans Siberian Orchestra isn't actually trans? In fact there's not a single trans person in the group!

Say it isn't so ! :( :x :?
Appropriating the trans identity?
Thanks for ruining one of my favorite bands!

I'll just have to remember the good times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cP26ndrmtg

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

dogen wrote:
Hey Scented -- I've recently got back into NMS, spurred by the many improvements (bases, farming, freighters, economy) that Hello Games has added, and also by the Galactic Hub project. Have you heard of this? It's a systematic attempt to set up a civilization. It took me around 150 jumps to make my way to the hub, but I'm there now and exploring/naming/claiming planets.
Do you have all three upgrades for the warp drive, and if so how long did that take? I used black hole roulette to get within what I thought was a reasonable distance of the hub, but was putting the wrong numbers into the pilgrim star path calculator. Once I noticed I wasn't getting any closer after updating my coordinates I realized the mistake. Plugging in the new numbers I found out I was over 500 jumps away. No way in hell am I grinding that out, and I'm not playing roulette any more either.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

deLurch wrote:
I don't know about his claims, but in the video of the confrontation, as the cops are telling him to drop the knife and ask him his name, he yells "Shoot me." The guy was basically fine up until he started lunging towards the cop who did not have a barricade between them.

I'm being serious here, though this might come off as outrageous:
Is it possible some of the people pushing the SOC JUS narratives really hate the minorities (blacks, trans, the sexuality rainbow) and 'marginalized' groups they claim to be defending? They always seem to encourage the worst and most self destructive personal and social behaviors from those groups by taking away any notion of personal agency or responsibility from them. Lots of trans people seem to be committing one form or another of suicide these days, and it got me thinking just how counterproductive most of this alleged 'well intentioned activism' is.
:(

As for this guy: Part of me is glad he is dead in that he really did 'push the issue' and put the cops lives at risk. But part of me wishes that rather than being celebrated and 'empowered' he was encouraged to get the help he obviously needed. :(

GenerallyFading

Post by GenerallyFading »

Lsuoma wrote:
GenerallyFading wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:GenerallyFading, I've sent you some PMs.
And I have now responded - it keeps saying the message is in my Outbox though, so I hope its gone.
It stays in the outbox till read - it's a kind of tracker.
Yep, we sorted, thanks.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Clearly the cop that shot was a TERF.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Clarence wrote:
Is it possible some of the people pushing the SOC JUS narratives really hate the minorities (blacks, trans, the sexuality rainbow) and 'marginalized' groups they claim to be defending? They always seem to encourage the worst and most self destructive personal and social behaviors from those groups by taking away any notion of personal agency or responsibility from them. Lots of trans people seem to be committing one form or another of suicide these days, and it got me thinking just how counterproductive most of this alleged 'well intentioned activism' is.

As for this guy: Part of me is glad he is dead in that he really did 'push the issue' and put the cops lives at risk. But part of me wishes that rather than being celebrated and 'empowered' he was encouraged to get the help he obviously needed. :(
It is crazy. Yes, he was celebrated and empowered, but he also had plenty of access to mental health care. Not only was he a campus authority on the trans suicide rates, but he tried it before. The parents are around and seem to love the kid the father described as a "son", so he must have had some kind of mental health care. If not, those people are to blame, too. The parents, school admin, his friends, etc.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

dogen wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:Oh, and Scented Nectar if you're lurking, I picked up No Man's Sky now that the price dropped to $20 and they've patched in a lot of the missing features. In its current form it's a solid indie title, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Right now I'm occupied with base building and taking side quests, but eventually I'm going to try to get to the Rento expanse where all the other players are gathering. If they have proper multiplayer by the time I get there and you're still gaming, we'll have to form an official Slymepit exploratory crew.
CommanderTuvok wrote:Big earrings are another form of aposematism, or whatever the fuck that term is - a warning for sensible people to stay the fuck away.

Oh, and Scented Nectar will be happy - for some reason No Man's Sky has got an extension. Lol.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/11/no-mans-s ... y-6845807/
Hi Jet Lagg and CommanderTuvok! :) I just found your posts about NMS on a vanity search. I usually fuck those up by doing them page by page on just the never ending thread, since sometimes something will grab my eye at the top of the pages as I do that. This time I just did the more efficient search box way, so... I see I missed your posts last month.

I gave up on NMS after getting 581 very intensive hours in. It was amazing while it lasted, but all that was left for me, was the unfolding story. Then, it fully dawned on me what it meant that Sony had the team's original storyline changed shortly before release. So, I lost my urge to finish the game or even to just endlessly explore. It wasn't written by the same team that came up with the beautiful game. So, the bloom was off the rose, once that more fully sunk in. But it was nice while it lasted. My favourite game ever.

I see they actually added to the storyline recently. That means they really didn't have the re-write finished at the time of release, I bet.

I found an alien Pepe the Frog on one planet:
https://i.imgur.com/JwAvvvD.png

And one planet had a red light district. The aliens there are not very good spellers though:
https://i.imgur.com/ctICmu3.png
I loved the exploring and claiming planets, but the new stuff doesn't really interest me. I'd have rather seen new plant/animal base models added, and new planet climate types (made up ones are fine) so that there are more different planet 'looks' in different colour combos. More variation in buildings too, weird-wise.

I'm just not into the stuff that's multiplayer, or making it too much about trading/farming. I mostly loved just exploring. I've enjoyed building in 3d worlds in the past, the NMS objects for the bases are very limited and geared towards farming, setting up aliens in their offices there, and then being sent out over and over again by them to collect/grow more of this or that. If there were at least a dozen or so basic building primitives - like panels, cubes, spheres, etc, that could be sized and colours added and moved wherever - I might have had fun building there. And maybe I'd have just ignored all the space aliens telling me their job resumes. They nag nag nag. Go get me this. I need that. :snooty:

Can you see other people at the hub? I don't know much about it, except that it's more multiplayer now. Is it where people meet and then can also explore and build nearby each other?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Just in case anyone's interested, a classic platformer is available for free for two days:

John D

Post by John D »

Clarence wrote:
deLurch wrote:

It really looks like a suicide fantasy to me.

The Columbine shooters also had a suicide fantasy. Kleibold and Harris knew they would die when they started their rampage. They wanted to die and do as much damage as possible on the way out. I just read Sue Kleibold's book (Dylan's mother). It is really fascinating and tragic. I recommend it.

This Scout Schultz person thought they would help their cause by committing suicide by cop. They wanted this to erupt. They wanted to prove how right they were about the evil white man, evil cops, and evil society. Like the Columbine attack, this was well planned and part of a suicide.

Interesting that Dylan Kleiboild was named after a writer (Dylan Thomas) and Scout Schultz was named after a literary character (Scout from "To Kill a Mockingbird"). That's weird to me... but it may not mean anything.

Really?

Post by Really? »

John D wrote: It really looks like a suicide fantasy to me.

The Columbine shooters also had a suicide fantasy. Kleibold and Harris knew they would die when they started their rampage. They wanted to die and do as much damage as possible on the way out. I just read Sue Kleibold's book (Dylan's mother). It is really fascinating and tragic. I recommend it.

This Scout Schultz person thought they would help their cause by committing suicide by cop. They wanted this to erupt. They wanted to prove how right they were about the evil white man, evil cops, and evil society. Like the Columbine attack, this was well planned and part of a suicide.

Interesting that Dylan Kleiboild was named after a writer (Dylan Thomas) and Scout Schultz was named after a literary character (Scout from "To Kill a Mockingbird"). That's weird to me... but it may not mean anything.
Xir's deadname was Scott. Xir seems to have named xirself Scout, for whatever that means.

John D

Post by John D »

Really? wrote:
John D wrote: It really looks like a suicide fantasy to me.

Xir's deadname was Scott. Xir seems to have named xirself Scout, for whatever that means.
Thanks for the correction. That is even more interesting...haha... and indeed Scout from Mockingbird is a girl.

And - I misspelled Klebold.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

[quote]Appeals Court Sides with UVA Fraternity Brothers, Against Rolling Stone in 'Jackie' Rape Dispute

"A reader could plausibly conclude that many or all fraternity members participated in alleged gang rape."

WennerTwo former members of the University of Virginia's Phi Kappa Psi fraternity have a strong enough defamation argument against Rolling Stone that the case should proceed to trial, an appeals court ruled Tuesday.

The decision is a major blow to Rolling Stone's publisher, Jann Wenner—who put the magazine up for sale earlier this week—and to Sabrina Rubin Erdely, the disgraced author of a now thoroughly debunked RS article about a gang rape on UVA's campus.

Wenner and Erdely probably thought their legal ordeal was over: RS has already paid out millions of dollars to former UVA dean Nicole Eramo for badly misrepresenting her, and also to Phi Psi for staging the fraternity as the scene of a crime that never happened. But three Phi Psi brothers—George Elias, Ross Fowler, and Stephen Hadford—also filed suit as individuals, arguing that the story specifically and individually defamed them. This suit was dismissed by a New York district court more than a year ago.

That dismissal was unsound, according to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. In her decision to revive the case, Judge Katherine Forrest argued that the lower court had incorrectly ruled out defamation as a plausible verdict with respect to two of the three brothers, Elias and Fowler.[/quite]

http://reason.com/blog/2017/09/19/appea ... fraternity

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Fucken quote fail.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ancient Greek people were all white supremacists:
Ancient Greeks are apparently Schoedinger's White: white supremacists if students feel like protesting a class, colored people if their culture is taken as a sign that the white stole everything they learned from POCs.

free thoughtpolice

The ancient Greeks stole privilege from the black Africans that built the pyramids and patented it so POC could no longer have it. :geek:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:Ancient Greek people were all white supremacists:
Makes me want to re-listen to some of my Elizabeth Vandiver lectures.

I hope students who actually wanted to get an education start suing the shit out of their schools for letting these idiots rob them of their time and money.

John D

Post by John D »

Wow... that's in my neck of the woods... only a 2.5 hour drive. I should show up wearing my spaceman suit and claim SPACE COMMANDER PRIVILEGE!

It's a good place for cosplay... right?
1174796_3297303969273_1656431471_n.jpg
(136.57 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote:
Wow... that's in my neck of the woods... only a 2.5 hour drive. I should show up wearing my spaceman suit and claim SPACE COMMANDER PRIVILEGE!

It's a good place for cosplay... right?
1174796_3297303969273_1656431471_n.jpg
Maybe get a swastika armband and put MAGA on your helmet to distinguish yourself from the other space cadets? :drool:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Make sure to insist on discounted tickets and free parking, as well as accommodation if you go.

Otherwise you should sue them for false advertising.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/gra ... 3b642022c7

Every police department in America should have a gutted cruiser that they can tow into place following the shooting of a criminal or the acquittal of a police officer. Crowds will show up to torch the thing, and the riot squad (who were posted at the same time as the vehicle) round them up. Replace the cruiser's tires and glass. Slap a fresh coat of paint on her. She'll be ready for the next event.