In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MacGruberKnows wrote: I would take the A6 over the A11 anyday.

https://www.cstatic-images.com/car-pict ... 021001.png

And the A10 would kick the crap out of the A11:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AtyXkN2pWu4/maxresdefault.jpg
I'm going with the A-4.
Aggregat-4.jpg
(18.61 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

katamari Damassi wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:I had another daft dream last night, in this one my brother revealed that he had secretly kept an old Morris Minor car that had once belonged to our grandfather. He said it was a time machine and that he had visited many hitorical events from the past, he said it had stopped working and that he could only get it fixed if he could figure out a way to get the time machine to the future. That's where I came in apparently but then the dream kind of fizzled out.

Anyway, this has got me thinking so this is a two fold question for you all.

First. What changes to the world would you expect to see if you went say 100yrs into the future? (Politically, Physically & innovatory)

Second. What era from the past would you most like to visit?
I require synthetic thyroid hormone, so my time travel would be limited to eras where it is available. The 1950's. No HIV, or antibiotic resistant STI's. I'd never leave the YMCA. Seriously, I don't think I'd want to visit the past; too much wretchedness, disease, violence, and poverty.

What do I expect a hundred years from now? I believe one of two crackpot theories will prevail. The first is The Singularity. If that happens then I expect advanced tech, AI managing pretty much every aspect of people's lives, people somewhat different due to genetic manipulation, and much reduced war. I expect universal basic income. People being so coddled will be even softer and whinier than today.
The other crackpot theory is Peak Oil. If the singularity doesn't occur and we don't develop the kind of tech that makes fossil fuels unnecessary, then i foresee famines, wars over dwindling resources, a lack of democratic governments, small, protected rich communities and vast poverty-a very small middle class.
Judging by history, I think a mix of your two scenarios is most likely - technological pampering for the elites, and poverty and struggle for the rest.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

William Gibson wrote:The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Judging by history, I think a mix of your two scenarios is most likely - technological pampering for the elites, and poverty and struggle for the rest.
Supposing that nations don't simply destroy each other in order to acquire/secure fossil fuels, water and other valuable resources, the scenario that seems most likely to me is the Gated/Walled Areas vs. the Great Collapse: a minority of rich and powerful people using advanced technology to defend themselves and close off their borders/gates/walls while other areas are chaotic tin-pot dictatorships/a general state of anarchy where various warlords wage war on each other for dwindling resources and various ethnic/religious groups slaughter each other on a daily basis. Also climate change will probably make things worse for those who don't live in the Gated/Walled Areas.

The big differences from today will likely be that technological progress will make cheap labor obsolete (so no need for the Gated/Walled Areas to bring in laborers, ergo no immigration to Gated/Walled Areas) and that densely populated/indefensible areas of former "First World" countries and nuclear powers will likely collapse in a fashion similar to the current Third World, while the elites of those countries will move into areas that are easier to defend.

Gated/Walled Areas candidates are most of the best defensible areas of Japan and South Korea, Taiwan (supposing China doesn't gobble it up), isolated and easily defensible areas of the US, isolated and easily defensible areas of European countries, small, rich and easily defensible states (Singapore, Bermudas, Cayman Islands, maybe Switzerland), isolated and easily defensible areas of nuclear powers in general. Everything else will likely have the standards of living of modern-day poor areas of developed countries.

I admit that this isn't a very optimistic scenario.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote:What era from the past would you most like to visit?
A week last Thursday. We had a nice pot-roast, a few beers and then we watched Red Dwarf in bed until we fell asleep.

Great days!

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:Judging by history, I think a mix of your two scenarios is most likely - technological pampering for the elites, and poverty and struggle for the rest.
Supposing that nations don't simply destroy each other in order to acquire/secure fossil fuels, water and other valuable resources, the scenario that seems most likely to me is the Gated/Walled Areas vs. the Great Collapse: a minority of rich and powerful people using advanced technology to defend themselves and close off their borders/gates/walls while other areas are chaotic tin-pot dictatorships/a general state of anarchy where various warlords wage war on each other for dwindling resources and various ethnic/religious groups slaughter each other on a daily basis. Also climate change will probably make things worse for those who don't live in the Gated/Walled Areas.

The big differences from today will likely be that technological progress will make cheap labor obsolete (so no need for the Gated/Walled Areas to bring in laborers, ergo no immigration to Gated/Walled Areas) and that densely populated/indefensible areas of former "First World" countries and nuclear powers will likely collapse in a fashion similar to the current Third World, while the elites of those countries will move into areas that are easier to defend.

Gated/Walled Areas candidates are most of the best defensible areas of Japan and South Korea, Taiwan (supposing China doesn't gobble it up), isolated and easily defensible areas of the US, isolated and easily defensible areas of European countries, small, rich and easily defensible states (Singapore, Bermudas, Cayman Islands, maybe Switzerland), isolated and easily defensible areas of nuclear powers in general. Everything else will likely have the standards of living of modern-day poor areas of developed countries.

I admit that this isn't a very optimistic scenario.
I seem to remember Larry Niven writing a story about a future where the rich live in luxurious, sealed off arcologies while the rest of the world was basically like Blade Runner. Can't remember the title.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Bhurzum wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:What era from the past would you most like to visit?
A week last Thursday. We had a nice pot-roast, a few beers and then we watched Red Dwarf in bed until we fell asleep.

Great days!
Obvious answer: a few weeks before Bitcoin was launched.

Malky

Post by Malky »

On a past or future to visit I must admit I find a future where iain M Banks Culture exists and I am part of it appealing - highly unlikely of course.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Guest_936d3dec wrote: 18 minutes of some pretty catchy music, also, ode to the yoni.
I concluded that the designer hates women. The models looked ridiculous. I gave up after six minutes.
The great thing about that is each time you think you've reached peak stupid, the designer proves you wrong with the next outfit.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Suet Cardigan wrote: I seem to remember Larry Niven writing a story about a future where the rich live in luxurious, sealed off arcologies while the rest of the world was basically like Blade Runner. Can't remember the title.
Oath of Fealty by Niven and Pournelle. (Pournelle died on September 8th.)

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Anyway, if it ever comes, the SJW/Islamofascist coalition will never know what hit them. If your area falls, it's because your immigrants didn't include enough Sikh's in the mix.
Yeah, I think that's right (as a figure). And (on a less post-apocalyptic note) I think Kirbmarc is correct to suggest that there are going to be more in the minorities than people think, who are going to vote towards the Right and away from the Left in coming years.

But note: it won't be a majority. Rather, it might be enough to keep things balanced politically going forward, so long as the majority remains white and just over half of them lean Right.

Beyond that point, it's a several-generational race between demographics and the civic nationalism Kirb is talking about.

Which is why I come back to the point that unless there's another factor that leads to non-Whites having proportionately less children, or whites having more, the trajectory the Alt Right fears can't be ruled out. But I think there is: prosperity itself inclines towards having less children, regardless of race or ethnic group. (But then again, flip it around, prosperity itself depends on the prevalence of a liberal, democratic capitalist social system, so I dunno ... )

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MacGruberKnows wrote:As for flouncey bouncy, if he died by being buried under a pile of unsold $35 t-shirts, well,

I would fucking die of death by laughing myself to death.

Sorry but not too sorry, I came onto this board at the time Mykeru was flouncing and I saw him as brittle, snippy and somewhat humorless apparatchnik, all for the cause. An ankle biter.
The campaign to gang-goon the crappy little university where PZ works to get him fired? Fuck me, that's the shit that makes me hate SJW's. Sleep the sleep of champions Mykeryu. You have earned it. Then hopefully wake up and get over the hangover.

And quit the fucking theatrics.
Mykeru was a helluva lot of fun back in the day, and had an unparalleled gift for stringing together pejoratives when describing the baboons.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

[quote="BoxNDox]The great thing about that is each time you think you've reached peak stupid, the designer proves you wrong with the next outfit.[/quote]

You might mock but we'll all be wearing this next year.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Guest_936d3dec wrote: 18 minutes of some pretty catchy music, also, ode to the yoni.
I concluded that the designer hates women. The models looked ridiculous. I gave up after six minutes.
It's always been a curious point: does modern fashion make women look ridiculous because it's mostly designed by gay men and gay men really don't find the normal female shape attractive, and keep unconsciously trying to turn women into willowy boys?

This is connected with things like modesty, and "white sharia." Old European folk costumes for women are sort of like the white equivalent of burkas, a kinder, gentler form of burka, which hides the female form, but is at least colorful, allows for the expression of some individual personality, and lets the face show. The same general sense - preserving female modesty, keeping the precious treasure wrapped, out of the public eye - permeates through even to the haute couture of the 1950s/60s. At that point fashion is still somewhat tethered to larger social habits and mores.

But then after that it changes, as the designer is seen as more of an artist who gets to realize their vision. And what happens? They turn women into boys and make them look ridiculous with gigantic false boobs, and their arses hanging out :)

(Oh, but of course, it's ironic, male gaze something something yadda yadda.)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If I could travel in time I'd go back 5,000 years and knock that damn apple out of Eve's hand.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Born & raised in the UK. .. Indoctrinated in Islam. This is the problem. This is the enemy within.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.lbc. ... ria-law-i/

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:Tibo:
SOME USA AMERICAN: HELP MYKERU NOW
HIS LIFE IS AT DANGER
CALL 911 NOW
FWIW, I didn't see the bolded, or understand it's significance, and did sort of wonder why you hadn't notified them.

And then I did think about it for a minute or two, and MFW Kitty Genovese, made a phone call.

Also FWIW, I reported it through twitter, showed them the tweet, picked the option "someone is threatening suicide etc", and near as I can tell, all twitter did was block that one specific tweet from ever being seen by me again. Didn't tell me someone would look into it, or give me a ticket number or anything.

Anyway, when I made the call, the police had already been notified, but I am actually very glad you posted it here.

And I hope Mykey is okay. Seems ironic (or maybe obvious) that this takes place after a week of you current pitters describing your various fighs with depression.

Coincidentally, last week my neighbor had a psychotic break and was wandering around the neighborhood unsure of which house she lived in. I was able to get hold of someone to get her admitted to the hospital. I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

> Old European folk costumes for women are sort of like the white equivalent of burkas, a kinder, gentler form of burka, which hides the female form, but is at least colorful, allows for the expression of some individual personality, and lets the face show.

Probably true, but wasn't it also, literally colder than than it is now (Little Ice Age), plus (of course) (as I speculate with no actual knowledge), clothes were far more expensive and harder to make, harder to customize and style, and had to last a long time, not some simple thing made of oil polymers that can be sprayed onto a form and then cut by computers and thermally sewed together.

free thoughtpolice

Guest_936d3dec wrote:> Old European folk costumes for women are sort of like the white equivalent of burkas, a kinder, gentler form of burka, which hides the female form, but is at least colorful, allows for the expression of some individual personality, and lets the face show.

Probably true, but wasn't it also, literally colder than than it is now (Little Ice Age), plus (of course) (as I speculate with no actual knowledge), clothes were far more expensive and harder to make, harder to customize and style, and had to last a long time, not some simple thing made of oil polymers that can be sprayed onto a form and then cut by computers and thermally sewed together.
It would seem to me european folk costumes aren't designed for modesty or the coverage of naughty bits. Although many of them do cover much of the body, many also show arms and legs and most show hair as well as not covering the face.
folk costume.PNG
(376.29 KiB) Downloaded 311 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:If I could travel in time I'd go back 5,000 years and knock that damn apple out of Eve's hand.
I'd go back and wipe my arse with Bhurzum's pot roast.

Actually, if you hang on a second...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:
Shatterface wrote:If I could travel in time I'd go back 5,000 years and knock that damn apple out of Eve's hand.

Come wipe your arse on my nosebag, see where it lands you.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... d45aaa.jpg

I'll be waiting... :twisted:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:

Actually, try this on for size!

https://pics.me.me/burgling-a-hapless-t ... 501090.png

I'm not gay or a rapist but will make an exception just for you.

(It's a power thing)

free thoughtpolice

PZ Myers really doesn't get jokes.
http://archive.is/5NZZD
But the academics argued that ‘playful urination practices – from seeing how high you can pee to games such as Peeball (where men compete using their urine to destroy a ball placed in a urinal) – may give boys an advantage over girls when it comes to physics’.

Oh, no! I never even heard of “Peeball” before! But according to these wankers, it’s an important life lesson in physics.
Really PZ. You think they were serious?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

free thoughtpolice wrote:PZ Myers really doesn't get jokes.
http://archive.is/5NZZD
But the academics argued that ‘playful urination practices – from seeing how high you can pee to games such as Peeball (where men compete using their urine to destroy a ball placed in a urinal) – may give boys an advantage over girls when it comes to physics’.

Oh, no! I never even heard of “Peeball” before! But according to these wankers, it’s an important life lesson in physics.
Really PZ. You think they were serious?
Clearly taking the piss.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

PZ likely never pissed standing up, so he doesn't know either way.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

It's amazing this guy can work the camera.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

I happened to meet someone who knows my brother, who immediately told me he's been dealing drugs.

It makes a lot of sense as he's recently had money despite not having any kind or real job- for most of his adult life he's been unemployed.

I'm not having some kind of moral panic about it, he's an adult who can make his own choices and mistakes, but if some dude has already grassed him to a family member it does give me some concern he'll get caught up. I suppose it seems an easy way to make money, but I have got friends who have been busted just selling some pills or weed and gone inside as a result.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

TheMudbrooker wrote:It's amazing this guy can work the camera.

[yootube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpzIku0oZyA[/youtube]
Still, it's pretty alarming that the sky is entirely white. ... d'Oh!

https://i.imgur.com/W2Dzhf4.png

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MarcusAu wrote:I'd go back and wipe my arse with Bhurzum's pot roast.
So you two are living together? Congratulations!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

feathers wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Guest_936d3dec wrote:[.tweet]https://twitter.com/cvanderakt/status/9 ... 9097945093[/tweet]

18 minutes of some pretty catchy music, also, ode to the yoni.
Yes but, did you fap?
Nope. Not to what looked like boys with minimal breasts. Does nothing for me.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4uo5ct

Steerswad's neighbor talks about his female friends at 9:00

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

DrokkIt wrote:I happened to meet someone who knows my brother, who immediately told me he's been dealing drugs.

It makes a lot of sense as he's recently had money despite not having any kind or real job- for most of his adult life he's been unemployed.

I'm not having some kind of moral panic about it, he's an adult who can make his own choices and mistakes, but if some dude has already grassed him to a family member it does give me some concern he'll get caught up. I suppose it seems an easy way to make money, but I have got friends who have been busted just selling some pills or weed and gone inside as a result.
Might be worthwhile to give him a heads up that word is spreading that he is a drug dealer. As you said, if you know, it won't take that long for the police to figure it out.

Have a chat with him about finding a job before gets into a position where no one will employe him and his drug dealing days have gone bust.

free thoughtpolice

God double blessed me today :drool:
SAM_4981.JPG
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 246 times

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

deLurch wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:I happened to meet someone who knows my brother, who immediately told me he's been dealing drugs.

Might be worthwhile to give him a heads up that word is spreading that he is a drug dealer. As you said, if you know, it won't take that long for the police to figure it out.

Have a chat with him about finding a job before gets into a position where no one will employe him and his drug dealing days have gone bust.
Steal all his weed, flush anything harder down the toilet, and lock him in a closet for a week. That'll learn 'im.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

AndrewV69 wrote:
feathers wrote: Yes but, did you fap?
Nope. Not to what looked like boys with minimal breasts. Does nothing for me.
They look like extras from Schindler's fucking List.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

deLurch wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:I'd go back and wipe my arse with Bhurzum's pot roast.
So you two are living together? Congratulations!
https://media.tenor.com/images/8491ba19 ... /tenor.gif

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:> Old European folk costumes for women are sort of like the white equivalent of burkas, a kinder, gentler form of burka, which hides the female form, but is at least colorful, allows for the expression of some individual personality, and lets the face show.

Burkas? Not seeing it

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2f/6a/52/2f6a ... -ideas.jpg

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

Actually, try this on for size!

https://pics.me.me/burgling-a-hapless-t ... 501090.png

I'm not gay or a rapist but will make an exception just for you.

(It's a power thing)
Woof! Did they print the guy's address? I'd break into his house.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

MacGruberKnows wrote:

Burkas? Not seeing it

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2f/6a/52/2f6a ... -ideas.jpg
Hehe, all this reminds me of Jack Vance's 1979 s-f novel The Face, which is part of a series of novels in which a clever, resourceful, Odysseus-like hero, Kirth Gersen, gets revenge on 5 great supervillain types.

It's set in a colonized space, and on one long-inhabited planet, the Dune-like planet of Dar Sai, the humans there, the Darsh, have developed a strange culture.

The men are tetchy, swaggering macho types, but for some reason, while young Darsh girls ("kitchets") are renowned for being extraordinarily beautiful, Darsh females beyond a certain age turn rapidly into mustachioed, ill-tempered babushka types ("khoontzes").

Mating is done by means of a strange, periodic night ritual in which the khoontzes send the nubile kitchets out into the cool, moonlit desert, to snag Darsh males who are also sneaking around the dunes hoping to shag a kitchet; but more often than not the men are caught and trapped by khoontzes and whipped into having sex with them instead.

As a side-light, Gersen sees a poster for a travelling troupe that's presenting a show in a Darsh theatrical tradition in which young boys get into all sorts of amusing boyish misdemeanours, get caught and then get whipped by a ritually-dressed masked man (the lead man of the troupe Gersen sees is called "Whippety Snicket"). Audiences hoot with laughter at the boys' japes and sigh in catharsis at their inevitable punishment.

Another side-light: Darsh food is renowned throughout the known galaxy for being absolutely vile, but the Darsh take a perverse pleasure in eating it.

All wonderfully Vancian in its imaginative specificity and wry observation of the human condition.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

HoneyWagon wrote: Hmmmmm

And now Seth.
And yet his fans thinks this sort of thing is GOOD for the "atheist movement"....not talking about issues and just shunning people.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

gurugeorge wrote: Hehe, all this reminds me of Jack Vance's 1979 s-f novel The Face, which is part of a series of novels in which a clever, resourceful, Odysseus-like hero, Kirth Gersen, gets revenge on 5 great supervillain types.

It's set in a colonized space, and on one long-inhabited planet, the Dune-like planet of Dar Sai, the humans there, the Darsh, have developed a strange culture.

The men are tetchy, swaggering macho types, but for some reason, while young Darsh girls ("kitchets") are renowned for being extraordinarily beautiful, Darsh females beyond a certain age turn rapidly into mustachioed, ill-tempered babushka types ("khoontzes").

Mating is done by means of a strange, periodic night ritual in which the khoontzes send the nubile kitchets out into the cool, moonlit desert, to snag Darsh males who are also sneaking around the dunes hoping to shag a kitchet; but more often than not the men are caught and trapped by khoontzes and whipped into having sex with them instead.

As a side-light, Gersen sees a poster for a travelling troupe that's presenting a show in a Darsh theatrical tradition in which young boys get into all sorts of amusing boyish misdemeanours, get caught and then get whipped by a ritually-dressed masked man (the lead man of the troupe Gersen sees is called "Whippety Snicket"). Audiences hoot with laughter at the boys' japes and sigh in catharsis at their inevitable punishment.

Another side-light: Darsh food is renowned throughout the known galaxy for being absolutely vile, but the Darsh take a perverse pleasure in eating it.

All wonderfully Vancian in its imaginative specificity and wry observation of the human condition.
The Demon Princes series. I always thought they would translate brilliantly to the screen, but it would have to be done right, with the right director and R rated. Don't let anything George Lucas or Disney anywhere near it. It would have to be dirty, vile and raunchy.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Actually, lots of Vance books would translate great to screen. To Live Forever would make a great sci-fi thriller, and Emphyrio might actually be one sci-fi movie David Lynch could do well.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

HoneyWagon wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote: Hmmmmm
And now Seth.
And yet his fans thinks this sort of thing is GOOD for the "atheist movement"....not talking about issues and just shunning people.
Mythcon keeps on looking better & better.

feathers

Post by feathers »

TheMudbrooker wrote:It's amazing this guy can work the camera.

[.youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpzIku0oZyA[/youtube]
conspiracy loon wrote:See what I'm saying?
Ehh... no.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news, from the Daily Fail Sixty-year-old woman is shoved to the ground as fists fly in a punch-up between transgender activists and their extreme feminist rivals in Hyde Park
Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists clashed with their enemies Trans Activists
Maria MacLachlan was attacked at Speakers’ Corner in London’s Hyde Park
The 60-year-old mother-of-two was left shaken and the police are investigating
Alternate Headline:

Girlcocks attack RadFems.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

AndrewV69 wrote:Girlcocks attack RadFems.
A match made in heaven. I would object, but I am sick of being attacked by both of their sides. Let the have at each other.

feathers

Post by feathers »

HoneyWagon wrote:And now Seth.
I have no idea who Seth Andrews is, but he sure needs a ladder to get off his horse safely.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Hunt wrote:Actually, lots of Vance books would translate great to screen. To Live Forever would make a great sci-fi thriller, and Emphyrio might actually be one sci-fi movie David Lynch could do well.
Is that a warning we shouldn't read Emphyrio?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

AndrewV69 wrote:In other news, from the Daily Fail Sixty-year-old woman is shoved to the ground as fists fly in a punch-up between transgender activists and their extreme feminist rivals in Hyde Park
Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists clashed with their enemies Trans Activists
Maria MacLachlan was attacked at Speakers’ Corner in London’s Hyde Park
The 60-year-old mother-of-two was left shaken and the police are investigating
Alternate Headline:

Girlcocks attack RadFems.
Well at least xe's learned how to fight like a girl.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

feathers wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:And now Seth.
I have no idea who Seth Andrews is, but he sure needs a ladder to get off his horse safely.
He's a mate of Matt Dillacunty. Goes under the name of 'The Thinking Atheist' on YT .. comes across as a bit of a smug smart arse wanker.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ln2epbcEao#

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

deLurch wrote:

Yeah I have been thinking about doing this. Not sure though because we don't have the best relationship, he's been violent towards me and other family members in the past and I worry it's kicking up a mess and not my business.
Also I don't know for a fact that it's true- people say all kinds of shit.

If it does turn out to be correct, and he gets busted or it comes out, it will kill our parents- they are pretty liberal but very much look down on drugs and crime (which is overall a good thing).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kudos to Seth Andrews for standing up for core atheist issues like feminism and Black Lives Matter.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Andrews is the guy who thought a softball interview with Steve Shives was a good idea and was surprised by the blast of shit he got for it. He talks like he's attuned to dishonesty and hyperbole, yet somehow missed that Shives is a demagogic crank.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote: I have no idea who Seth Andrews is, but he sure needs a ladder to get off his horse safely.
He's a mate of Matt Dillacunty. Goes under the name of 'The Thinking Atheist' on YT .. comes across as a bit of a smug smart arse wanker.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ln2epbcEao#[/quote]

Made it to 2:42 before having to turn that smarmy drivel off. That's equal to at least 8 seconds on a bull.

So this is what passes for wit and scathing rhetoric nowadays among atheist 'celebrities'.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

"Abortion Denial" could soon be a criminal offence in the European Union.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/09 ... enial/amp/

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:He's a mate of Matt Dillacunty. Goes under the name of 'The Thinking Atheist' on YT .. comes across as a bit of a smug smart arse wanker.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ln2epbcEao#
Made it to 2:42 before having to turn that smarmy drivel off. That's equal to at least 8 seconds on a bull.

So this is what passes for wit and scathing rhetoric nowadays among atheist 'celebrities'.[/quote]

Anyone who calls themselves The Something Atheist is usually a bell-end.

If you feel the need to distinguish yourself from other atheists by including an adjective and a definitive article you think you are above the common herd.

So the rest of us aren't thinking? Or happy? Or friendly? Fuck you.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Seth Andrews wrote:Extreme voices like Dan Arel - who broadcasts from his latest residence in the town of Oblivion – gleefully poured gasoline on every spark, going so far as to call the hotel with alarmist tales of possible disaster. (Remember that this is the same guy who thinks we should punch Nazis, and that all police officers are terrorists. We can move on, folks. Nothing to see here.)
Not even SJ fans like Dan Arel. Poor, poor Sir Dan.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Peez comments on Marxist Marvin's Milwaukee post. The Hordlings eviscerate Dillahunty:

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula ... the-noise/

(I don't know how to archive.)