In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Guest_1f88fb6c

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7981

Post by Guest_1f88fb6c » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Oglebart wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Sounds like Indy still needs to watch his back. Specially now there is a new sad cuck in the house.

Looks like it's his fault he was a puppy. Selfish cunt.

[quote o make matters worse, when he was a puppy there were times when I hated his guts. Puppies are basically adorable machines that convert kibble and water into poop and pee, which they deposit everywhere. Everywhere! At all times of the day and night! I had to take him out for walks constantly in the hopes that he’d accidentally pee out there instead of on my bed. Walking him was a horrific chore, especially because it was a soggy, cold winter.

In the evening I’d be exhausted, and all I would want to do is lounge around in my underpants getting super high and/or drunk (remember, I was depressed). But I couldn’t do those things — I had to stay dressed and sober because every two hours I’d have to take this little shit machine outside. And then he wouldn’t pee, and wait until we got inside to do that, and I’d be up all night scrubbing the floor. For awhile I wondered what the point of an emotional support dog is when he makes you more anxious and keeps you from doing the things you do to relax.quote]
Sounds like the dog did her one hell of a favor forcing her to stay semi-sober, dressed & going out to get exercise.

And it is sad to hear unexperienced dog owners not getting their training they need. #1 rule with puppies is that they physically cannot control their pee/poop triggers, so keep them on the linoleum. Most places will at least have a kitchen floor that would be acceptable for these purposes.
Don't forget that the stupid cunt lives in a flat, which would have made the housetraining process much more difficult. As if anyone would believe that she HAD to stay sober, what a load of shite.
Hyoothetical:

* medication overloaded (as years of mentioning different meds on social media/blog)

* regular alcohol intake for many years on top of that (depressants, pub drinking photos galore)

* she has no real job / a subscriber--funded job that requires you to video edit their work, on top of your regular job with her bestest buddy Adam Savage, so now you have no one to turn to who'll be sympathetic to your stress with girlfriend who also wants you to rescue her from her dangerous surf hobby accidents and drop everything travel to skeptic investigation locations when inconvenient for your job

* she sits around dope and drunk in underwear while not succeeding with Patreon promises beyond gaming and flirting with guys like Ken on self indulgent rants (skepchick blog contributors are dropping, even Amy Surly IS NO LONGER a Mad Art Lab blogger, she's the one who mostly alienated her original core group of writers with not a peep from RW)
But hey! She's just so cool and funny and clever to everyone else, so who'd be on your side??

* claims youtube murder threats (where? not flagged?) as excuse for all this post.

We wonder why him keeping their cats was better than letting her unstable, unsustainable San Fran costly life then be responsible for them?

This is not the first time its happened to Rebecca Watson. At the End of 2004 she was whining about her first guy in Seattle doing the same, Drinky and The Thing. Their breakup led to him keeping the cats.
internationalskeptics . com /forums/showthread.php?postid=620247#post620247

if you hate a pet you'd give it to irresponsible owner in breakup.

Guest_1f88fb6c

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7982

Post by Guest_1f88fb6c » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:21 pm

Oglebart wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Sounds like Indy still needs to watch his back. Specially now there is a new sad cuck in the house.

Looks like it's his fault he was a puppy. Selfish cunt.

[quote o make matters worse, when he was a puppy there were times when I hated his guts. Puppies are basically adorable machines that convert kibble and water into poop and pee, which they deposit everywhere. Everywhere! At all times of the day and night! I had to take him out for walks constantly in the hopes that he’d accidentally pee out there instead of on my bed. Walking him was a horrific chore, especially because it was a soggy, cold winter.

In the evening I’d be exhausted, and all I would want to do is lounge around in my underpants getting super high and/or drunk (remember, I was depressed). But I couldn’t do those things — I had to stay dressed and sober because every two hours I’d have to take this little shit machine outside. And then he wouldn’t pee, and wait until we got inside to do that, and I’d be up all night scrubbing the floor. For awhile I wondered what the point of an emotional support dog is when he makes you more anxious and keeps you from doing the things you do to relax.quote]
Sounds like the dog did her one hell of a favor forcing her to stay semi-sober, dressed & going out to get exercise.

And it is sad to hear unexperienced dog owners not getting their training they need. #1 rule with puppies is that they physically cannot control their pee/poop triggers, so keep them on the linoleum. Most places will at least have a kitchen floor that would be acceptable for these purposes.
Don't forget that the stupid cunt lives in a flat, which would have made the housetraining process much more difficult. As if anyone would believe that she HAD to stay sober, what a load of shite.
Hyoothetical:

* medication overloaded (as years of mentioning different meds on social media/blog)

* regular alcohol intake for many years on top of that (depressants, pub drinking photos galore)

* she has no real job / a subscriber--funded job that requires you to video edit their work, on top of your regular job with her bestest buddy Adam Savage, so now you have no one to turn to who'll be sympathetic to your stress with girlfriend who also wants you to rescue her from her dangerous surf hobby accidents and drop everything travel to skeptic investigation locations when inconvenient for your job

* she sits around dope and drunk in underwear while not succeeding with Patreon promises beyond gaming and flirting with guys like Ken on self indulgent rants (skepchick blog contributors are dropping, even Amy Surly IS NO LONGER a Mad Art Lab blogger, she's the one who mostly alienated her original core group of writers with not a peep from RW)
But hey! She's just so cool and funny and clever to everyone else, so who'd be on your side??

* claims youtube murder threats (where? not flagged?) as excuse for all this post.

We wonder why him keeping their cats was better than letting her unstable, unsustainable San Fran costly life then be responsible for them?

This is not the first time its happened to Rebecca Watson. At the End of 2004 she was whining about her first guy in Seattle doing the same, Drinky and The Thing. Their breakup led to him keeping the cats.
internationalskeptics . com /forums/showthread.php?postid=620247#post620247

if you hate a pet you'd give it to irresponsible owner in breakup.

jimhabegger
.
.
Posts: 1710
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:44 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7983

Post by jimhabegger » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Scented Nectar wrote:The kid is not ONLY unfortunate in getting a Watson-like look. She also seems to have her personality!

Actually, she looks a lot like Ketchup to me, or how she might have looked ten years ago. Do you think ...?

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7984

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:36 pm

screwtape wrote:PZW (sounds like a Polish interwar fighter)
Here we go, the aeronautical equivalent of zebrafish/Roundup research:
PZW.jpg
Trouble with Polish interwar fighters was they were used in the second war.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7985

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:The other night I had a sudden change of opinion on the gay wedding cake thing. While a baker should not be permitted to deny regular service to a person because of their sexual orientation, I now think that decorating a wedding cake with gay stuff is a form of participation or active support of gay marriage, and should not be compelled. Similarly, a butcher should not be compelled to make an animal suffer during slaughter, because a moslem client demands halal meat.

My position is still tentative and I'm open to persuasion.
Muslim cab drivers in Minneapolis once refused to drive anybody with alcohol in their luggage. Are you ok with that ?

PS- The taxi commission said that since it is not illegal to possess alcohol, they had to drive these people, or lose their licenses. This happened in 2002 or so
They weren't being compelled to serve the alcohol, so yes. You couldn't compel a moslem convenience store owner to stock Colt 45, though. Or an orthodox jew-owned cab company to accept fares on shabbat.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7986

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:09 pm

I'm in love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085u0Nn ... e=youtu.be

h/t Jordan Peterson


youtube tag is borked btw.

deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7987

Post by deLurch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I'm in love:



h/t Jordan Peterson

youtube tag is borked btw.
I unborked the tag for you.


Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10587
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7989

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:37 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
screwtape wrote:PZW (sounds like a Polish interwar fighter)
Here we go, the aeronautical equivalent of zebrafish/Roundup research:
PZW.jpg
Trouble with Polish interwar fighters was they were used in the second war.
Lots of combat biplanes in WWII:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017XNH6DA/

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... NqcaCL.jpg

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10289
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7990

Post by free thoughtpolice » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:39 pm

deLurch wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I'm in love:



h/t Jordan Peterson

youtube tag is borked btw.
I unborked the tag for you.
Poor Owen. He was shattered, driven to tears almost and had to resort to reading scripture to come to terms with that shocking rejection.
And Jones has to make his impersonation of little girls a bit more high pitch and less gravelly.

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7991

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:39 pm

It's terrible that some ignorant fascists still think that sometimes citizens and immigrants actively collude in deceiving the Government about their true relationships, with the intention of defrauding taxpayers so that one of the pair can gain a legal status which allows them to remain in the country and/or draw money from the public purse.

Absolutely shocking.

I just wish I knew where these fascists got their bizarre ideas from. :think:

https://preview.ibb.co/bwGKUF/Screen_Sh ... _35_PM.png

https://the-orbit.net/splainyouathing/2 ... eginnings/

Easy J
.
.
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:14 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7992

Post by Easy J » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Sorry I forgot to put /s after my statement. I thought it was self evident I was being sarcastic. Perhaps not
I was talking about the attorney, who didn't seem very sarcastic to me. 90% of what is written here is sarcasm.
And sometimes (oftentimes these days), I just ain't too bright.

Sometimes, I feel as if I am the least intelligent person in the Pit. At least until Comstink returns
Read a bunch of my posts. I think I'm the arch-Crayon eater, at least since Nec sperged off. But I can lift heavy things!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10587
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7993

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Some sunset photographs from Whidbey:
Img_5824.jpg
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 205 times
Img_5828.jpg
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
Img_5837.jpg
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 191 times
Img_5846.jpg
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 192 times

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10289
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7994

Post by free thoughtpolice » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Oh the video where my gash golly Owen talks about how his faith was nearly shattered by that foul mouthed young Beckybooze clone.

rayshul
.
.
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7995

Post by rayshul » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:52 pm

It' good to be fascist

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10289
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7996

Post by free thoughtpolice » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Cool pics FT. The smoke has cleared out here but doesn't look quite finished down there.
I don't know about the camera you took those with but many get burnt out taking shots into the sun.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10587
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7997

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:06 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote:Cool pics FT. The smoke has cleared out here but doesn't look quite finished down there.
I don't know about the camera you took those with but many get burnt out taking shots into the sun.
Thx. The smoke is pretty much gone - this is mist in Admiralty Inlet. The sensor will be fine, but thanks for the concern. They're a bit overexposed, but that's always something that's likely shooting straight at the sun...

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10289
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7998

Post by free thoughtpolice » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Also, check out that video at about 7:00 where Owen Schroyer does even more god grovelling. What a fucking weenie.

deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7999

Post by deLurch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:30 pm

So the 2nd story on "robot" sex dolls being more popular than regular prostitutes at brothels. (The prior one being noted in Australia.)

My initial reaction is that this is creepy as hell. But far better than the alternative.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... -buy-video

That said, can we get our resident expert (Steersman) on such matters to give it a go and weigh out the pros & cons? And um, go EXTREMELY light on the intimate details. Looking more for issues of economics, ethics, positive or negative experience and likelihood of either completely replacing or partially replacing humans for said service.

Easy J
.
.
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:14 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8000

Post by Easy J » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:41 pm

My 2 cents on the depression thing:

I hadn't heard about this Alt-Right notion that depression is bullshit, but I'm not surprised. I can see how an unreflective person could think their take on it makes sense. The elastic meaning of the word itself doesn't help, either. An emotionally healthy person will hear someone complaining of depression & can only project their experiences of those temporary dips in mood that came along with tough experiences. I can also see how an Alt-Right ubermensch would enjoy deriding the phenomenon as some sort of snowflake-ism.

I was one of those Prozac kids from the 90s & the stuff actually worked when I took it. But, on my own, I came to see the pills as a crutch & I let my pride goad me into tackling depression without the pills. I had that Alt-Right take on it. I had this notion that I'd just adapt & form the psychological calluses I needed to overcome it. Depression ran in my family, but I just knew I was made of better stuff than the rest & could hack it.

Part of the danger with just marinating in depression comes from the tendency of our moods to drive our reasoning. If you spend a lot of time dwelling on the big issues while depressed your worldview will gradually morph to reflect this. And that worldview will still be in place, whether or not you happen to be depressed. I think this happened to me. Coming out of my teens, my big-picture view on life amounted to a post-hoc rationalization of how I felt in a bad chemical state.

deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8001

Post by deLurch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:53 pm

@Easy J,
I don't think the "depression is bullshit" is an alt-right thing. More of a Joseph P. Watson thing.

In terms of depression and prozac, I am surprised to hear that prozac is being prescribed for depression. (I am not a medical or psychological professional so I will be easily be surprised by information I don't know about this subject.)

That said, I AM in fact curious to know if attempts, or suggestions have been made by such professionals in regards to diet, exercise, socialization or even getting a dog have been made. Or if you know about the effectiveness of such changes.

Disclaimer: I am fully ignorant on this subject which is why I am asking questions.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8002

Post by Steersman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:59 pm

deLurch wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I'm in love:

[.youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvhgmNzOXuU[/youtube]

h/t Jordan Peterson

youtube tag is borked btw.
I unborked the tag for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085u0Nn ... e=youtu.be

Different tag. Methinks. :-)

BTW, here's the article "Red Pill Black" apparently referred to:
White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8003

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Kirbmarc wrote: If I understand the US law well this means that in this hypothetical case you're guilty of manslaughter, not murder. Am I correct?
Yes. For murder, you need: 1) intent, and; 2) non-justifiability.
Wouldn't this create a dangerous precedent? Imagine that in a street fight someone punches a man who then pulls out a gun and shoots the one who punched him and a couple of other bystanders, wounding them or killing them. Even if the man who was punched and shot people had schizophrenia I don't think that you can find the person who punched him culpable of his shooting spree because of the "eggshell psyche".
An important legal concept is just how long a chain of causation can be, and it's generally quite short. Yet if you set a fire in a theatre causing a panic and people are trampled to death, are you or the panicked tramplers to blame?

Old_ones
.
.
Posts: 2134
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: An hour's drive from Hell.
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8004

Post by Old_ones » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Kirbmarc wrote:A comprehensive debunking of the new myth about depression not being real, which is gaining support among alt-righters and associates (thread):
In general it seems that the main conflict between Left and Right is about the Left giving up entirely on the Liberty and Loyalty foundations of morality, while the Right is giving up on Care and Fairness. Neither position seems morally healthy.
Depression is real, but there is a kernel of truth in that tweet. Cognitive behavioral therapy, rational emotive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy all work on the principle that you can recover from a range of psychological maladies (mostly Major Depression, Borderline, and various anxiety disorders) by using cognitive techniques to contextualize and debunk self-disturbing thought patterns, and also by changing your behavior. Of course anyone who has had depression or anxiety disorders will realize that it's simpler to say "change your life so it doesn't suck" than it is to actually follow that advice. The therapies I mentioned have a solid clinical record, but that also means having a licensed therapist who helps you figure out how to "change your life so it doesn't suck". Personally, I'm a big fan of this sort of therapy because it affirms the agency of the patient. I also used (and still use) CBT to help me deal with chronic depression. It hasn't "fixed" me so that I'm not periodically miserable, but I was first diagnosed with depression 20 years ago this December, and I've been using CBT for the last 10. It's done a lot to help me through some pretty dire periods.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10587
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8005

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm someone who was working towards suicide by self neglect due to Major Depression (Major here is a clinical descriptor, not an indicator of intensity).

The BIGGEST things that helped me continue to administer The Pit for all you ungrateful bastards were, in order of impact:

1. Finding something outside myself to be responsible for (I'm now the VP of the board of a multi-million dollar charity)
2. CBT, helping me to articulate and buy into the idea that I set MY OWN value systems EVERYWHERE. This includes work, where I am a highly respected senior director. However, accepting company objectives needs to be a conscious decision for me, otherwise I am a cork in the stream of work. Don't let this happen to you.
3. Exercise. I'm not too good about this, but when I work out I feel much better.

HOWEVER, our fundamentals are good - Mrs FT and I make over $0.5MM per year, and we own four properties, two in WA, one in the UK, and one in Portugal, and our retirement income is likely to be around $275-300K pa. Everything is MUCH easier when you don't have to worry about shit like that.

On the flip side, when I was a wee 'un, there were times when my sister and I couldn't leave the house at the same time - only one pair of kids' shoes in the family.

No apologies/excuses - just got lucky, I guess...

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8006

Post by Steersman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Easy J wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: <snip>
I was talking about the attorney, who didn't seem very sarcastic to me. 90% of what is written here is sarcasm.
And sometimes (oftentimes these days), I just ain't too bright.

Sometimes, I feel as if I am the least intelligent person in the Pit. At least until Comstink returns
Read a bunch of my posts. I think I'm the arch-Crayon eater, at least since Nec sperged off. But I can lift heavy things!
Don't think y'all need to beat yourselves up so badly. Expect we're all learning - or should be, I think - and have our own insights depending on where we are, and how we've gotten there. And more less regardless of how much we've learned, we're all faced with limitations and blank spots.

Reminds me of having read an amusing popularization of some physics - "the funniest book about physics ever written!" - by Leon Lederman ("a cross between Albert Einstein and Mel Brooks") titled "The God Particle: If the Universe is the Answer, What is the Question?". Lederman was the Director of the Fermi Accelerator Laboratory, and he had described how he had gone to a lunch-time seminar by some theorist, thought he had understood the presentation, was looking forward to explaining it to his colleagues, but had found that his understanding had evaporated in the time it took him to walk back to his office. Seems all fields of knowledge can get pretty abstruse, and, as he illustrated in other ways, acquiring depth in one area tends to mean a loss of breadth in other ones. Choices ...

deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8007

Post by deLurch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Not familiar with British politics, why do people tend to hate Peter Hitchens so much? I get that he is viewed as being conservative. But my understanding is that Democrats in the US would be viewed as conservative in the Britian.

I ask the question after watching this video, but I don't suggest it is worth watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CMLrmEPhnI

Suet Cardigan
.
.
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 am
Location: England, a bastion of barbarism and cluelessness
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8008

Post by Suet Cardigan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Lsuoma wrote: ...
On the flip side, when I was a wee 'un, there were times when my sister and I couldn't leave the house at the same time - only one pair of kids' shoes in the family.

No apologies/excuses - just got lucky, I guess...
I am really tempted to post the 4 Yorkshiremen video.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10587
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8009

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: ...
On the flip side, when I was a wee 'un, there were times when my sister and I couldn't leave the house at the same time - only one pair of kids' shoes in the family.

No apologies/excuses - just got lucky, I guess...
I am really tempted to post the 4 Yorkshiremen video.
It's true. Mum used to trawl jumble sales for androgynous kids' clothes.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8010

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:35 pm

As long as we're sharing-
I should probably be depressed. My health isn't great, and I've gone from breadwinner to child-herder. But I am annoyingly cheerful. There was only one brush with depression, and it scared the bejeezus out of me. I do suffer from chronic pain, I've got enough titanium in me to make a golf club or two. So a buddy of mine suggests this stuff, a CBD(?) of his marijuana farm (all legal) swears it won't make me too high (I do not do well with THC and the like). I try it and instant depression. Pit of hell, I would not have cared if an axe murderer was charging towards me. I could live or die, and neither would have moved me. It lasted about four hours, and profoundly disturbed me.

It taught me two things. Depression is hell, and it there is certainly a chemical component.

Suet Cardigan
.
.
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 am
Location: England, a bastion of barbarism and cluelessness
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8011

Post by Suet Cardigan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: ...
On the flip side, when I was a wee 'un, there were times when my sister and I couldn't leave the house at the same time - only one pair of kids' shoes in the family.

No apologies/excuses - just got lucky, I guess...
I am really tempted to post the 4 Yorkshiremen video.
It's true. Mum used to trawl jumble sales for androgynous kids' clothes.
Your mother should have given you one shoe each, and you could both have hopped around on one leg.

deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8012

Post by deLurch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:45 pm

OK. Two votes for "CBT" Clinical Behavioral Therapy as a good solution for depression.

Can either of you (Facisit Tit or Old_ones) give me a rough run down of what that involves?

Is there any knowledge as to if diet, exercise, socialization, dog (Hell Watson claims having a dog forced her to get dressed, not get high or drunk and leave the fucking house), help alleviate depression?

As a side note to our Fascist: providing a platform for people to discuss the issues at hand where many felt like no platform was available has helped immeasurable. Many people from here have dived into gamer gate. Continued to dish out our accumulated knowledge in other forums and battles. And I largely suspect our mere existence has given other infrequent parties the strength to kick out their fully formed "unpopular" opinions on other platforms. Of course you could always pass the buck at any given time. But you have done good at a much needed time.

deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8013

Post by deLurch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:58 pm

And as an extra side-note, can you imagine how horrible it would be to think that the only alternative voice of opposition to this insanity would be to side along with the current alt-right? Fuck all of the identitarians as far as I am concerned. That is closer to my thoughts and beliefs. I like a world and peoples what work together.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10587
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8014

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:01 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: ...
On the flip side, when I was a wee 'un, there were times when my sister and I couldn't leave the house at the same time - only one pair of kids' shoes in the family.

No apologies/excuses - just got lucky, I guess...
I am really tempted to post the 4 Yorkshiremen video.
It's true. Mum used to trawl jumble sales for androgynous kids' clothes.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I am chemically modified. I'm taking 50mg of sertraline (Zoloft) per day, now working to 25mg/day. I was originally prescribed citalopram (Celexa) but it made me sick, nauseous, and gave me a dry mouth. Even though they are both apparently SSRIs, the chemical structures are very different, and sertraline works where citalopram made things worse.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8015

Post by Steersman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:02 pm

deLurch wrote:So the 2nd story on "robot" sex dolls being more popular than regular prostitutes at brothels. (The prior one being noted in Australia.)

My initial reaction is that this is creepy as hell. But far better than the alternative.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... -buy-video

That said, can we get our resident expert (Steersman) on such matters to give it a go and weigh out the pros & cons? And um, go EXTREMELY light on the intimate details. Looking more for issues of economics, ethics, positive or negative experience and likelihood of either completely replacing or partially replacing humans for said service.
Definitely "eerily lifelike love droids". And expect there may well some guys, mostly, they might appeal to. But really don't see much if any myself. For one thing, find the "human touch" - the sponaneity, the agency, the sharing of a laugh and smile and even a bit of passion - both the essence and the saving grace of the whole process, and worth it in spades. Rather expect it will be a long time, if ever, before a "droid" could manage any of that.

Curious though about what you were referring to with "the alternative" - "regular prostitutes at brothels"? And wonder why you would say "far better". No doubt there are some rough edges to the profession, and that some women are trafficked or coerced. But it seems rather clear there is, as with most professions, quite a spectrum. Apropos of which, another interesting post from "The Honest Courtesan":
The neofeminist prohibitionists claim that all prostitutes are helpless victims of male dominance, slaves to “patriarchal oppressors”, and even many Americans who are rational but ill-informed have come to believe enough of the propaganda that they think “most” of us are coerced; even some escorts have bought into this notion sufficiently that they believe there are two and only two kinds of prostitutes, free-willed high-dollar independent escorts and pimped, coerced slaves. ....

Well-worth a read. But she also argued in another one that she "genuinely like[s] men and sincerely want[s] to make them happy" - think it unwise, and generally unfair, to be judging all prostitues, anyone for that matter, by stereotypes - and lurid and self-serving ones at that - that may only apply to a small segment of the entire population.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10587
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8016

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Your mother should have given you one shoe each, and you could both have hopped around on one leg.

MacGruberKnows
.
.
Posts: 1768
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8017

Post by MacGruberKnows » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Lou Holtz, Lou Holtz bitches, tells you how to live your life, well, he tells you the attitude you need to making a life out of your life. Very Christian guy, and as an atheist I say, shut up and listen:

https://www.facebook.com/goalcast/video ... 097699808/

Once upon a time this was called common sense. Now, not so much.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8018

Post by Kirbmarc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:04 pm

Old_ones wrote:Depression is real, but there is a kernel of truth in that tweet. Cognitive behavioral therapy, rational emotive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy all work on the principle that you can recover from a range of psychological maladies (mostly Major Depression, Borderline, and various anxiety disorders) by using cognitive techniques to contextualize and debunk self-disturbing thought patterns, and also by changing your behavior. Of course anyone who has had depression or anxiety disorders will realize that it's simpler to say "change your life so it doesn't suck" than it is to actually follow that advice. The therapies I mentioned have a solid clinical record, but that also means having a licensed therapist who helps you figure out how to "change your life so it doesn't suck". Personally, I'm a big fan of this sort of therapy because it affirms the agency of the patient. I also used (and still use) CBT to help me deal with chronic depression. It hasn't "fixed" me so that I'm not periodically miserable, but I was first diagnosed with depression 20 years ago this December, and I've been using CBT for the last 10. It's done a lot to help me through some pretty dire periods.
It's one thing to attend to therapy with a licensed specialist and another to follows the words of a random moron on the Internet, though. CBT has its methods, its times, its strategies, it's not some shallow "snap out of it and move on" advice from BroRedPillers.

The problem with the tweet and PJW's advice is that they're the equivalent of saying "exercise enough and find the correct diet for your metabolism and you'll get in shape, so if you're fat it's your goddamn fault for being weak, also different metabolisms are a myth". Part of the advice (exercise and diet will make your weight go down) is technically true, but if you have serious weigh issues you often need to consult with a specialist about dieting and exercising in the right way, in order to improve, not worsen your health (which is possible if your exercise/diet plan isn't the right plan for you due to a variety of reasons). However the other part of the advice is all about insulting people for their problems, minimizing the problem, and spewing falsehoods.

The RedPill/SwoleBro/PrisonPlanet contingent are woomeisters not because everything they say is completely false, but because they encourage people to try potentially ineffective or even dangerous things, while they deny reality and pretend to be experts of a serious problem when they're not. They might as well quote Dianetics.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8019

Post by Kirbmarc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:17 pm

It's not enough to get a kernel of truth right to be reliably right. If it were, the SJWs would be reliably right about many things (like privilege, for example). HOW you explain and expose the kernel of truth and WHICH inferences you make from it are probably even more important than being incidentally right.

For example for SJWs the problem isn't the basic idea of privilege ("some people have it easier than others due to factors that aren't under their control"). There definitely is more than a kernel of truth to the idea that life isn't on the same difficulty mode for everyone. Also there's a kernel of truth with the idea that it's harder (not impossible, but not easy) for privileged people to understand what it's like not to have their privilege.

The problem with the SocJus is the collective attribution of privilege to entire social groups ("since there are less poor, disenfranchised white people who are in legal trouble than there are poor, disenfranchised black people in legal trouble therefore ALL white people are privileged when compared to ALL black people!"), the idea that privileged people can NEVER EVER TRULY understand and "grok" what it's like not to be privileged, so they need to just shut and listen, the Oppression Olympics of who's the least privileged, and their byzantine methods to assess who's privileged and who's not (Brianna Wu is pretty fucking privileged, for example, but in SJW land she's a poor little victim).

That's all woo, and dangerous woo, even if privilege is a real thing. Similarly the RedPillers are woomeisters even if some of their advice is partially true.

Oglebart
.
.
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:25 pm
Location: Ingerland
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8020

Post by Oglebart » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:30 pm

My experience with depression first materialised about 6 years ago, never had any inkling of it in previous years. I fell into it pretty hard and for 18 months I hardly worked, which resulted in financial problems, which in turn caused more problems with my mood. I couldn't deal with answering the phone or opening mail and would get real anxiety issues around that. You can imagine how that impacts on modern life, not great when self employed and trying to earn money!

When I eventually went to the doctor after nearly 12 months I was prescribed Citalopram, made me feel worse, then Venlafaxine, which improved my mood but made me sweat profusely, so much so that I had to change again. I went on to Sertraline and eventually that seemed to help and I did start to feel better. I started a new relationship and after 6 months went to India for a long trip with my girlfriend who was working in Goa over winter. Stopped taking the meds and when I returned to the UK I had a bit of a relapse, but the Sertraline didn't help as much this time. My relationship ended, amicably thankfully, and I started seeing a counsellor, which I had to fund myself. The NHS option was a 6 session group CBT program, which I didn't get much out of really, and the one to one attention I felt I needed wasn't available, so I found a private counsellor and paid for it myself.

2 years or so down the line and I am much better, I decided that I needed to try and manage it without medication and all the previous comments by others about exercise, family support, diet, distraction and more all apply and everyone copes in different ways. I got a puppy 10 months ago and that has been a great move for me, I also am lucky to have good family support, although I come from a working class background where the "pull yourself together" mentality is still common. I do think that attitudes are generally changing, but these ideas take time to change. Of course that's not helped by this Paul Watson twat and his ignorant comments, although he seems to be getting the publicity he was hoping for. Clickbait.

My 2 cents, worth what you paid for them!

Easy J
.
.
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:14 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8021

Post by Easy J » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:32 pm

deLurch wrote:@Easy J,
I don't think the "depression is bullshit" is an alt-right thing. More of a Joseph P. Watson thing.

In terms of depression and prozac, I am surprised to hear that prozac is being prescribed for depression. (I am not a medical or psychological professional so I will be easily be surprised by information I don't know about this subject.)

That said, I AM in fact curious to know if attempts, or suggestions have been made by such professionals in regards to diet, exercise, socialization or even getting a dog have been made. Or if you know about the effectiveness of such changes.

Disclaimer: I am fully ignorant on this subject which is why I am asking questions.
I was prescribed Prozac in the early & mid-90s & haven't taken it since. I'm not sure what they're prescribing today. It felt like a bit of a "scene" or general public awareness was coalescing back then around the phenomenon of depressed, medicated teens, hence my "Prozac kids" reference. I'm not up to date on the subject & I haven't had contact with professional help in decades.

I was an in-patient in a facility for depressed &/or mentally ill teens & was prescribed Prozac by the people there (presumably a doctor). Lithium & Zoloft were also common with the other kids at the time. Group & one-on-one counseling was common there but I don't remember any general life advice for coping that may have been given. I remember a bunch of dogs being brought in one day for us to pet & how welcome that was. My mother worked at a hospital, so her insurance covered a lot of this, but I didn't want to deal with counselors after I got out & got off of Prozac against everyone's advice a few years later when I was old enough to do what I wanted.

A few years it got pretty bad & I read up on the subject in an effort to deal with the issue. I experimented with over-the-counter SSRIs, finally settling on 5-HTP as my go-to Prozac replacement. It's affordable & it works for me. It doesn't lift my moods or anything but it gets rid of the worst of the symptoms. I feel noticeably worse later in the day if I don't take it, especially when I consume caffeine.

Exercise definitely works, is free & has too many other positive benefits not to be tried when dealing with emotional disorders. Unfortunately, with depression it's just hard to get anything started, & beating a workout routine into a core habit takes a lot of effort at first compared to just swallowing a pill. This probably keeps a lot of folks from ever getting the benefits it offers. Luckily, I did strength training for years, so I just doubled down on it as a therapy.

I notice a subjective difference in my moods when I go for maybe 2 days in a row without a workout. It's also a sort of anchor or centering ritual & gives a psychological sense of momentum. In bad times, like with running, you sometimes get the sense that if you stop moving you won't be able to start again. When you work out while going through tough times, you're still moving forward, you still haven't laid down & quit.

I can also vouch for animals being helpful, but I'm not sure if it's an animal person thing that might not work for everyone. It's just damn near impossible to focus on whatever bad stuff is bothering you while you're interacting with a pet. And even if you have no social life, you still have a friendly party there craving your attention & affection.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8022

Post by shoutinghorse » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:09 am

deLurch wrote:Not familiar with British politics, why do people tend to hate Peter Hitchens so much? I get that he is viewed as being conservative. But my understanding is that Democrats in the US would be viewed as conservative in the Britian.

I ask the question after watching this video, but I don't suggest it is worth watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CMLrmEPhnI
It stems from the feral left, Hitchens is a columnist for the Mail on Sunday which to them is the editorial arm of Mien Kampf and "literally Hitler"
He is in some ways the polar opposite of his brother in that he is a practicing Christan with conservative views and as we all know having a religious belief other than Islam makes you a fascist Nazi scum.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8023

Post by Brive1987 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:17 am

I wasn't depressed until I read this thread of pain.

And noted FT retirement plan.

Now I hate the world.

:violence-glob:

............

On a happier note. Could my humble efforts (published at the right time) be the tiny spark RW transfigured into a blaze of murder threats?

That would be a healthy Prozac for me.

http://i.imgur.com/2z4SfNI.jpg

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8024

Post by Brive1987 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:19 am

Lsuoma wrote:Some sunset photographs from Whidbey:
Img_5824.jpg

Kim asks "were there two suns in the sunset?"

rayshul
.
.
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8025

Post by rayshul » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:28 am

Thank you for the pit, FT. :D

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8026

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 am

Just got up in the middle of the night for a drink of water and found a rattlesnake in my bathtub.

Not sure if that qualifies as a 'First World Problem.'

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7060
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8027

Post by MarcusAu » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:54 am

It does for the rattlesnake.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8028

Post by shoutinghorse » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:19 am

In Becky's latest YouTube masterpiece she enlightens us on her expertise in having an "emotional support dog" She tells us how her little bundle of fun Indy (she couldn't look at his ugliness last week) has improved her confidence and helped with her anxiety in going outside when all she really wants to do is get drunk and play computer games.
No mention of the cuckold moving in but accuses her ex Adam of "stealing" her cats during a very nasty break up.

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8029

Post by InfraRedBucket » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:23 am

Lsuoma wrote: One thing I forgot to mention is that I am chemically modified. I'm taking 50mg of sertraline (Zoloft) per day, now working to 25mg/day. I was originally prescribed citalopram (Celexa) but it made me sick, nauseous, and gave me a dry mouth. Even though they are both apparently SSRIs, the chemical structures are very different, and sertraline works where citalopram made things worse.
On treatment at the time, I was fortunate I worked in a Medical College and my boss recognized my depressed behaviour
and I was voluntarily referred to in house Dept of Psychological Med. I remember going to my GP years before my Dad died who was very dismissive. Some things might have been nipped i the bud earlier but they were fucking useless . I hope things have improved now.

Anyway. I did counselling - a form of talking therapy. A genuine "safe space" to have a cry and tell another human being what had
precipitated my illness. which I wont go into. Had I not worked where I did and had the contacts to fast track to talk therapy at work
I would have doubtless been on a very log NHS waiting list.

I'm not sure drug therapy worked much in my case. No one size fits all and it can take time to find what works, if any
for individuals. And different drugs even in the same family of drugs, have different effects on individuals.
First I had a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) called Moclobemide. (Wikipedia suggests it's not available in the US). I kept waiting for my mood to improve and it to kick in and it didnt feel like there was any noticeable effect after some time, even though it's hard to tell and depression can vary so mood can spontaneously rise and fall.
So then I was prescribed Setraline (Zoloft in the US as Lsuoma mentioned) branded (ironically for me) as Lustral in the Uk.
I gradually went off that as it had an unfortunate side effect for me. Anorgasmia. Apparently the part of the brain it affects is quite close
to the part that controls orgasms and it can in some people, inhibit that activity to the extent that you can't finish what you start.
Due to this effect, I did read that it was possibly being used to treat premature ejaculation.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8030

Post by Brive1987 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:34 am

shoutinghorse wrote:In Becky's latest YouTube masterpiece she enlightens us on her expertise in having an "emotional support dog" She tells us how her little bundle of fun Indy (she couldn't look at his ugliness last week) has improved her confidence and helped with her anxiety in going outside when all she really wants to do is get drunk and play computer games.
No mention of the cuckold moving in but accuses her ex Adam of "stealing" her cats during a very nasty break up.
:bjarte:

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8031

Post by InfraRedBucket » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:38 am

Anyway to lighten the mood, here's a funny catwalk I saw the other day.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8032

Post by Brive1987 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:40 am

TENS of thousands of gun-toting Americans have joined a Facebook campaign to shoot down Hurricane Irma when it hits Florida.

They’ve vowed to tackle the 185mp/h (297km/h) hurricane by showing deadly Irma that “in Florida we shoot first”, The Sun reports.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 31448685ec

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8033

Post by Brive1987 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:42 am


InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8034

Post by InfraRedBucket » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:45 am

By the way this isnt the official No 10 cat Larry but still worth a look :)

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8035

Post by Brive1987 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:53 am

Apparently Iowa class battleships would have shit on the Bismarck. Something about their superior radar driven guns and better night fighting capacity.

That said the yanks don't hold the record for range.

The Scharnhorst hit the Glorious at 15 miles.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8036

Post by Steersman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:08 am

rayshul wrote:Thank you for the pit, FT. :D
Indeed, "amen" to that. Many thanks to both Abbie for getting the ball rolling, waaay back in the dim recesses of time, and to FT for picking it and running with it; many touchdowns along the way. :)

Quite an impressive place, and a testament to a bed-rock belief in free thought, free speech, and free inquiry, shared and defended by all and sundry. :clap: :clap: :clap: :)

GenerallyFading
.
.
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8037

Post by GenerallyFading » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:28 am

I've been diagnosed with depression but I'm not sure what I had, except a desire to not be here anymore. My depression was mainly a factual choice : do I want to stop living. I've tried suicide, after self harming and tried starving myself so I would suffer a severe hypo, go into a coma and die. I went to the doctor and he gave me pills and I did CBT, none of which actually rid myself of the depression. It's always with me. I also hate that the pills take away my ability to write.

Basically, I now live my life trying to combat what I see as the worst situations : having no job and being homeless. I work two jobs and I'm saving money. I don't drink and I don't smoke (drinking was the worst for me, it made me a crazy person and I am so glad I'm not there any more). I'll just carry on and one day I may decide that enough is enough. At least in a world of chaos, death is an option to put your back against. Until then, some days are great and it's amazing to be alive.

But I've never had the depression where I can't get out of bed, or won't wash, which I know affects some people (I miss Hyperbole and a half, I hope she's OK).

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 838
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8038

Post by SM1957 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:15 am

Freedom for transgender people to move to a prison of their own sex.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4400327/t ... ns-prison/

This should make a remake of Prisoner Cell Block H more exciting.

Scented Nectar
.
.
Posts: 4969
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:45 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8039

Post by Scented Nectar » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:31 am

Bhurzum wrote:After everything he's said and done, I still don't hate Myers - I nothing him. He's a tawdry little nobody of zero consequence and even though it's fun to point and laugh at his antics, ultimately, he's beneath me in every way that matters. Fuck Myers, fuck his degenerate clique of professional victims and God-speed the day he attains self-awareness and explodes in a searing ball of white-hot embarrassment.

Until that glorious day, it's popcorn and lulz.

Oh, and welcome back Scented!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/01/ee/7f/01ee ... shunds.jpg
Bhurzum! Nice to see you happy, dancing, and with your tail erect. :D :D :D



I deflounced and dropped by because you guys are the only ones these days who even remembers who PZ, Twatson, et al are. This is the only place that might even get the joke of how that spoiled bratty kid was like a 10 year old version of Twatson.

Some of their names recently came up slightly though on youtube. You guys probably covered it here already, but they gave a half assed try at banning Sargon and some others from some upcoming skeptic conference a few weeks back. There were two videos that had an old name or two flash by in a screencap. You may have nothinged them into obscurity. :D

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8040

Post by Kirbmarc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:40 am

Clinton supporters on Verrit accuse anyone who dared to criticize the khaleesi of being a Nazi:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJSF-T2X0AAxa-T.jpg:large

Locked