In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
piginthecity

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by piginthecity »

Lsuoma wrote:
feathers wrote:
deLurch wrote:Time for me to snag a new GPS running watch. I will probably grab one of the top recommendations from the DC rainmaker, like I did for my last watch. Going for GPS, heart rate, pedometer,
Good idea. It's always good to know exactly where you are when you run into a pedophile.

(Or is it meant for a pedophile to locate the children?)
Lineker is full of shit. You can't send a text message simultaneously with running at children with your trousers down. (Baltimora). You keep falling over.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Tigzy wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Oh dear! :shock: The Carrier lolsuit is progressing.
http://archive.is/7tBOa
It's kind of irritatating in that I don't know who I want to win - but it's also edifying to know that one of them will certainly lose.
I think that's the fun of it. Every time you read something you change your mind about who you want to lose the most heavily. Carrier! No, Myers!. Hang on, definitely Carrier!. Yes, definitely Carrier! absolutely! Myers!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

piginthecity wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Oh dear! :shock: The Carrier lolsuit is progressing.
http://archive.is/7tBOa
It's kind of irritatating in that I don't know who I want to win - but it's also edifying to know that one of them will certainly lose.
I think that's the fun of it. Every time you read something you change your mind about who you want to lose the most heavily. Carrier! No, Myers!. Hang on, definitely Carrier!. Yes, definitely Carrier! absolutely! Myers!
Both. I'm rooting for a long, drawn-out litigation where both parties spend money trying to screw each other over. They're both so unsympathetic that you side with the lawyers. Bleed them dry!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

What could possibly be giving PZ his conflicted erection?

Wonder Woman doing Black Widow?

A student with a wardrobe malfunction?

SZvan / Greta unlubricated fisting?

:think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:cdc:

PZ you are a sick fuck.

http://i.imgur.com/BDfP5x8.jpg

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Well, that's triggered my trypophobia - thanks for nothing.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Kirbmarc wrote: Both. I'm rooting for a long, drawn-out litigation where both parties spend money trying to screw each other over. They're both so unsympathetic that you side with the lawyers. Bleed them dry!
"side with the lawyers" :lol: :lol:

That's when you know you're dealing with complete shitheads!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SM1957 wrote:Well, that's triggered my trypophobia - thanks for nothing.
If you had humoured me we could have been having a wonderful discussion about Lithuanian complicity in the holocaust.

:snooty:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Or the pay gap ....

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

SM1957 wrote:Well, that's triggered my trypophobia - thanks for nothing.
Same. Fuck that shit!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Figuratively speaking, of course...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I heard PZ tried, out doing Watson's 40 min marathon and stopping only when cramps forced his hand open.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Australia has a public debate on SSM before a postal plebiscite.

And the "no" camp swings into action:

Meanwhile in Canada:
Students in Grade 6 will be taught about masturbation and “gender expression,”

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There hasn't been a RW $3 vlog since April. I think the circus has packed its tents.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So should same sex couples be able to get married or not?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:So should same sex couples be able to get married or not?
"Is a trans woman a woman"

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nice one Ape.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

OK - fair enough.

Civil Unions - perhaps.

Marriage - No.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Just to clarify - that's not my opinion.

Marriage (gay or not) to anyone that want's it.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

MarcusAu wrote:Just to clarify - that's not my opinion.

Only the one? Not 4 marriages?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

SM1957 wrote:

Only the one? Not 4 marriages?
I'm busy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I see marriage as a protected term - like "architect". It doesn't mean draughtsman are shit. Just different.

In general I am a social conservative. Because most change comes with an agenda.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:

I see marriage as a protected term - like "architect". It doesn't mean draughtsman are shit. Just different.

In general I am a social conservative. Because most change comes with an agenda.
From what you have said in the past - I foresee many happy hours for you discussing this very topic with your family.

It did strike me as strange at first - but it really doesn't effect me all that much - so I can't think of a good enough reason to object.

So no, protracted argument, I hope this sets things square as I cannot be much bothered to draught a long form response.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:Nice one Ape.
Thanks, Brive :D

I don't know who this guy is, but he's a champ for not letting a grim SJW derail his show.

I've been waiting for comedians to turn. Right now, few of them want to deal with SJ assholery, and none of them want to be the racist who thinks black lives don't matter. But they can't stay quiet for much longer while every kind of free discourse is being stifled.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:Australia has a public debate on SSM before a postal plebiscite.

Meanwhile in Canada:
In the US, in a Catholic grade school we were taught the basics of sex education in 7th grade. Open anonymous questions. I think masturbation was discussed. It was a long time ago. It was age appropriate. The high school version in Health class was far more biologically thorough, commiserate with the level of academic rigor that was expected of any other science class.

"Gender expression" really wasn't a thing back then.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Full cut.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

More evidence that the old stuff was better:

If anyone wants they can forward it to Coyne for his scientific review...

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

rayshul wrote:I have had a persistent thing with transpeople who I've been friends with, then they've gone trans, and then about six months later they lose their motherfucking minds in an abusive, psychotic way, either calling for murder of people or going on the streets threatening to bash people, etc, total fucking breakdown shit, and I have just kind of peaced the fuck out of that stuff. I have like trans friends who haven't gone down that track in the slightest who are perfectly fucking normal human beings but there are honestly less of them than those who've gone fucking mental. I wonder if this is the GID/BPD mother effect people versus other people.
I know two personally and I'm sorry to say they're intolerably nuts.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

In Blighty, a story about a Christian child (?) who was placed with conservative Muslim foster parents, is doing the rounds.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/28/christian ... h-6883624/

Claims are that the parents speak Arabic in the main, leaving her isolated in the home. Told her that "European woman are alcoholics", and that "Easter is stupid". Well, I agree that Easter is stupid, but so are most religious festivals. But this is not the point, as we know if a Muslim child was placed with kaffir parents, there would be uproar over this sort of treatment. Naturally, Tower Hamlets council are involved, the most "diverse" and corrupt in the country.

Now, The Guardian have come up with the "foster parenting is complex, so let's all shut up and be quiet about this" story.....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... tage-times

If it was the other way round, the Graun would be having a fit, with dozens of its columnists crapping out clickbait articles about his placing a Muslim child with "white supremacists" is the beginning of the Fourth Reich.

John D

Post by John D »

deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Australia has a public debate on SSM before a postal plebiscite.

Meanwhile in Canada:
In the US, in a Catholic grade school we were taught the basics of sex education in 7th grade. Open anonymous questions. I think masturbation was discussed. It was a long time ago. It was age appropriate. The high school version in Health class was far more biologically thorough, commiserate with the level of academic rigor that was expected of any other science class.

"Gender expression" really wasn't a thing back then.
Teacher: "Let's all dress up like the opposite gender because gender dysphoria is a mental disorder and we want you to act like you have a mental disorder!"

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote:In Blighty, a story about a Christian child (?) who was placed with conservative Muslim foster parents, is doing the rounds.

Claims are that the parents speak Arabic in the main, leaving her isolated in the home. Told her that "European woman are alcoholics", and that "Easter is stupid". Well, I agree that Easter is stupid, but so are most religious festivals. But this is not the point, as we know if a Muslim child was placed with kaffir parents, there would be uproar over this sort of treatment. Naturally, Tower Hamlets council are involved, the most "diverse" and corrupt in the country.

Now, The Guardian have come up with the "foster parenting is complex, so let's all shut up and be quiet about this" story.....

If it was the other way round, the Graun would be having a fit, with dozens of its columnists crapping out clickbait articles about his placing a Muslim child with "white supremacists" is the beginning of the Fourth Reich.
Remember the UKIP foster parents case from 2012? https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... er-parents
In November after the case made national headlines, the council's strategic director of children and young people's services, Joyce Thacker, told the BBC that her decision had been influenced by Ukip immigration policy, which she said called for the end of the "active promotion of multiculturalism".

Sources close to the case subsequently told the Guardian that there were multiple legal and social reasons why the council wanted to ensure the children be placed with foster parents who spoke their own eastern European language.
It's funny, I can't find any bleeding-heart Guardian columnist suggesting we should take a similarly nuanced view of this case. But, you know...Guardian innit.

Also - Rotherham. Curious - or perhaps not so curious - how the council wasn't quite so robustly 'pro-active' in certain other areas, eh?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

CommanderTuvok wrote:In Blighty, a story about a Christian child (?) who was placed with conservative Muslim foster parents, is doing the rounds.

A few MP's have got involed now (tories) and are asking why a christian child was put with a muslim family considering one of the remits for local authorities when fostering is to consider the childs cultural and religious background.

The main question they should be asking is how the fuck a couple who cant speak English are allowed to become foster parents in the first place, I had friends who tried to be foster parents a few years ago and were refused because one of them smoked and I've heard stories of people being refused because they're considered overweight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08 ... ng-muslim/

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

MarcusAu wrote:More evidence that the old stuff was better:

Thanx. Now I need to go pour bleach in my ears

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Scientific proof that 1979 was the greatest year in music ever !!!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Nails it:
THE BURQA IS ABOUT CONTROL AND SUBJUGATION OF WOMEN. NOT RELIGION

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendez ... 42ace9f45d

John D

Post by John D »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:

To a certain extent the late 70s music was very authentic. I remember going to a bar in Hamtramck (a Polish neighborhood in Detroit) and the band started to play... but first the singer said "hey, were the (insert name) and we SUCK!"

And.. man! Did they suck. They couldn't play or sing for shit. But... we all got drunk and had a good time.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

All the guests at the wedding helped consummate the Brunsman-Carrier-Metskas-Mogilevsky marriage.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Nails it:
THE BURQA IS ABOUT CONTROL AND SUBJUGATION OF WOMEN. NOT RELIGION

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendez ... 42ace9f45d
All veils are about control and subjugation of women, not only to men, but to older/more high status women, as well. The culture behind the veils (all forms of veils) is one that's about telling women that they are a danger to men who can't control themselves from jumping over her and pinning her against a wall unless they cover their "sinful" hair and neck, or face and body, or the entirety of their "sinful" person.

Veils are a symbol of a true "rape culture" and if Western feminists were coherent they'd be appalled by the idea of supporting them.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Ape+lust wrote:

I don't know who this guy is, but he's a champ for not letting a grim SJW derail his show.

I've been waiting for comedians to turn. Right now, few of them want to deal with SJ assholery, and none of them want to be the racist who thinks black lives don't matter. But they can't stay quiet for much longer while every kind of free discourse is being stifled.

As mentioned, it's fake, She's in on the act. See here from about 1.04 in

feathers

Post by feathers »

You can also backward it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The always-refreshing Terry Firma on Charlie Hebdo and the Truck of Peace
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... dangerous/

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

That really is no way to treat a paying customer :naughty:

Malky

Post by Malky »

shoutinghorse wrote:

A few MP's have got involed now (tories) and are asking why a christian child was put with a muslim family considering one of the remits for local authorities when fostering is to consider the childs cultural and religious background.

The main question they should be asking is how the fuck a couple who cant speak English are allowed to become foster parents in the first place, I had friends who tried to be foster parents a few years ago and were refused because one of them smoked and I've heard stories of people being refused because they're considered overweight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08 ... ng-muslim/
The answer here is simple really - it's Tower Hamlets, as Tuvok points out probably the most corrupt Council in the UK.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Is everyone in customer services a total cunt or am I just unlucky in who picks up the phone?

Malky

Post by Malky »

Shatterface wrote:Is everyone in customer services a total cunt or am I just unlucky in who picks up the phone?
Have you ever thought you're thinking about the wrong end of the phone here? :whistle:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:

[foutube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY[/youtube]

[foutube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zCeo605mOI[/youtube]

To a certain extent the late 70s music was very authentic. I remember going to a bar in Hamtramck (a Polish neighborhood in Detroit) and the band started to play... but first the singer said "hey, were the (insert name) and we SUCK!"

And.. man! Did they suck. They couldn't play or sing for shit. But... we all got drunk and had a good time.
Did you meet thee Pride of Hamtramck?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:
All veils are about control and subjugation of women, not only to men, but to older/more high status women, as well. The culture behind the veils (all forms of veils) is one that's about telling women that they are a danger to men who can't control themselves from jumping over her and pinning her against a wall unless they cover their "sinful" hair and neck, or face and body, or the entirety of their "sinful" person.
This is described in some detail in Kim, in the case of the woman from Saharunpore.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/local ... story.html
This happened about a mile off the beach in front of chez thoughtpolice.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

deLurch wrote:Full cut.

Hmm, looks a bit fake from that full cut :think:

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

:nin: should have watched a bit further :lol:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

As mentioned, it's fake, She's in on the act. See here from about 1.04 in

John D

Post by John D »

Wow man... now this thing looks like fun. An M725 USA military ambulance from the late 1960s. It still has the original stretchers in the back. $9000.... and my wife would kill me.
IMG00186.jpg
(689.35 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

feathers

Post by feathers »

John D wrote:Wow man... now this thing looks like fun. An M725 USA military ambulance from the late 1960s. It still has the original stretchers in the back. $9000.... and my wife would kill me.
...and drive you to hospital with blaring sirens. Sounds fun!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

free thoughtpolice wrote:http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/local ... story.html
That is pretty cool. We haven't had much orca activity in our part of the sound for a while.

CaptainFluffyBunny

John D wrote:Wow man... now this thing looks like fun. An M725 USA military ambulance from the late 1960s. It still has the original stretchers in the back. $9000.... and my wife would kill me.
IMG00186.jpg
No, that's not how you do it. Start by mid-life crisis-ing and looking at expensive sports cars or boats. Leave a few dealers quotes around with expensive, impractical cars. Trips to faraway countries that hold no interest for your wife. Then when you settle for a mere $9000 ambulance, she'll be relieved.

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
That is pretty cool. We haven't had much orca activity in our part of the sound for a while.
I hope these are the salmon-pursuing type of resident orcas, rather than the kayak-diet transients?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote:There hasn't been a RW $3 vlog since April. I think the circus has packed its tents.

I notice she's done her old trick of cramming in 4 videos this week to catch up with her promise of at least one a week.

One video a week Becky means one a week, not 4 weeks worth crammed into the last week of the month.

I have no idea why anyone would patronise her at all. They do say a fool is easily parted with his money.

CaptainFluffyBunny

feathers wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
I hope these are the salmon-pursuing type of resident orcas, rather than the kayak-diet transients?
Yeah. Now when you're fly fishing for orca, you need a 30wt rod and either a salmon fly, or my own special for non-residents, the Baby Seal fly. It is not recommend to fish for these majestic beasts from kayaks, I sure learned my lesson there.