In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
feathers

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. It was very enjoyable (especially if you liked the first one).
Phil, there's a disembodied hand on your shoulder. Thought I should warn you.

download/file.php?avatar=111_1503501570.jpg

Possibly a consequence of that satanic music you're making.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:I have literally spent the entire afternoon listening to hundreds of Germans shouting and chanting.

There's a bazillion of them in Liverpool for some football thing.
All those U-boats, cruisers, and bomber planes; the V-1, V-2 and V-3; all that wasted effort, while it could have been so simple: take part in the Champion's League and they'll let you in by train or boat.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote: It is because we are finding the old writing. And it is fantastic. I feel the same way you do.

Ecclesastes Chapter 9:
4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

8 Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.

9 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.

10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_ ... clesiastes
As a further example, Orwell "translates" Ecclesiastes 9:11:

I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

— into "modern English of the worst sort":

Objective consideration of contemporary phenomena compels the conclusion that success or failure in competitive activities exhibits no tendency to be commensurate with innate capacity, but that a considerable element of the unpredictable must invariably be taken into account.

Orwell points out that this "translation" contains many more syllables but gives no concrete illustrations, as the original did, nor does it contain any vivid, arresting, images or phrases.
The KJV is a masterpiece of English.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Canadian town refuses to remove swastikas from park.

Any bets as to how long this will last?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41028895

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote: It is because we are finding the old writing. And it is fantastic. I feel the same way you do.

Ecclesastes Chapter 9:
4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

8 Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.

9 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.

10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_ ... clesiastes
As a further example, Orwell "translates" Ecclesiastes 9:11:

I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

— into "modern English of the worst sort":

Objective consideration of contemporary phenomena compels the conclusion that success or failure in competitive activities exhibits no tendency to be commensurate with innate capacity, but that a considerable element of the unpredictable must invariably be taken into account.

Orwell points out that this "translation" contains many more syllables but gives no concrete illustrations, as the original did, nor does it contain any vivid, arresting, images or phrases.
The KJV is a masterpiece of English.
Orwell is wonderful. I have read other stuff by him regarding "good" vs. "bad" writing. Just listened to "Politics and the English Language" a few months ago.

King James Ecclesiastes makes me cry... go figure.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Lsuoma wrote:The KJV is a masterpiece of English.
If we're going to talk about poetic beauty the Qu'ran, in the original Arabic, is just mind-blowing.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:
If we're going to talk about poetic beauty the Qu'ran, in the original Arabic, is just mind-blowing.
So no need for bombs and trucks, then?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

feathers wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Just proper stones for ass-wiping. While I believe Kirb, I'm just wondering how that gets poetic. Especially since the Arabic I've heard generally sounds like someone coughing up a bug.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I don't believe any holy book can be as beautiful as The Rules of Aquisition in the original Ferengi.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

feathers wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Presumably a reference to recitations, which are stirring whether you know what's being spoken or not.

Is there more to it than that? I've tried to power through the Quran before and always get defeated by the mind-numbing repetition of it. It's as bad as the genealogies in the bible.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:I don't believe any holy book can be as beautiful as The Rules of Aquisition in the original Ferengi.
Shakespeare is pretty good too.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

PS - watched the eclipse while here.... pretty cool.
Are you blind now?
I drove up into the path of totality in Central Missouri for the event and looked directly at it during the totality, which I had read was safe.

I didn't go blind, but the next day I turned into a sexagenarian.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

When you have Arabic screamed around you every single fucking day, it's not so poetic anymore.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The Classical Arabic of the Qu'ran is poetic. Everyday Arabic less so. Then again I don't expect everyday Brits to speak like a character from a Shakespearean tragedy, or ordinary French to sound like the Chanson de Roland.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Remember the guy behind Trump at his public meltdown in Phoenix last night?:

[.img]https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/ ... jpg&w=1484[/img]

Don't think you can forget him. Here is his Gods2.com site he had prominently displayed on his t-shirt.

Here is a taste:
The Real K K K Slave Master Revealed & are the Cherokee Indians
A.) Question: Who are these WHITE & Red Cherokee?
B.) Answer: Cherokees are Phoenicians who are a group of 2 main (r.peoples
1. White Cherokees are Biblical Cursed White Canaanites (Canon) Slav or Peoples who came to the Americas calling themselves Phoenicians Incas & changed name to Cherokee!
2. Red Cherokees are disinherited Ishmael, Gen.19ch. Father of Arabs, Pakistanis & East Indians, (r.1).
White Canon & Red Ishmael Married together, Gen.36:1-5. called Hyksos,(Hagarenes Ps.83:1-9). When Murdering Canibalism was Discovered they ran from justice & changed their name to Egyptian then Philistines, next Babylonians, next Asians/Slavs (Red & White Indians) then Phoenicians, then came to the Americas & called themselves Inca&Aztec, in North America then called themselves the five Indian tribes: Cherokee, Seminole, Creek, Chickasaw & Choctaw Indians. All five tribes are the same peoples the Illuminati & Masons hidden from Justice So when I say Cherokee it's all five Tribes. The Real Slave Masters of Blacks, (r.8). Cherokees who look White Deceived the World into blaming White Gentiles for Slavery Rev.12:7-9. But YAHWEH's 1st. book called You are not a Nigger pg.29 paragraph 2 Reveals the Truth which is the real White people who had Blacks as Slaves were White Canaanites (Canon-Slavs) not White Gentiles who's totally different from Canaanites!!
Canaanites are Sons of Ham (Father of Africans) Grandson of Noah, Gen.10:6. Cannon Cursed White for disrespecting our father Noah Gen.9:18-28, (r.9).
Scary to think this guy was allowed within a mile of the POTUS.

Fucking Inca Phoenician Canannite KKK Cherokees. I new there was a reason I never trusted them.
Think you missed the Muslim connection - even more reason not to trust them/him. Check out Qasim Rashid (Esq. no less) for the specifics: https://twitter.com/uberfeminist/status ... 3124308992

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

fuzzy wrote:I drove up into the path of totality in Central Missouri for the event and looked directly at it during the totality, which I had read was safe.

didn't go blind, but the next day I turned into a sexagenarian.
Doesn't either the Bible or the Quran have anything quite as poetic as driving up into the path of totality?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Do you suppose this video showed up on Dr Richard Carrier PHD's Youtube recommended list? I mean, it does contain the word "facial "
It might, but you need to give him a few days because the eclipse has caused the term "Bailey's Beads" to trend (see, e.g., Lsuoma's post on the last page) and Dr Richard Carrier PhD is very busy trying to figure out who this Bailey guy is and how he convinced so many people to be interested in getting his beads on their face.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote:The Classical Arabic of the Qu'ran is poetic. Everyday Arabic less so. Then again I don't expect everyday Brits to speak like a character from a Shakespearean tragedy, or ordinary French to sound like the Chanson de Roland.
Is the classical Arabic poetic when you're just reading it, as opposed to hearing someone recite it? Completely mundane phrases in English can move me to tears if sung by someone talented enough, but it's nothing to do with what the words themselves are conjuring up in my mind.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jet_lagg wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>
While I'll concede that I was maybe generalizing a bit too much, I wasn't arguing at all that all Christians see all of the Bible only as "merely inspired". And I'll concede that many people lose sight of that difference. For instance, you might check out the Pew forum landscape survey on religious beliefs in America, particularly Questions 37 & 38 (pg 170) which essentially ask "Is your holy book literally the word of god?"
<snip>
Thank you for the link. I don't feel like litigating the rest of the points, since we already agree there's a difference between the Quran and the bible, and that it makes the Muslims worse than Christians.
De nada. Progress! Hallelujah! ;-)
jet_lagg wrote:How much worse comes down to how you slice it.
Indeed. Though some ways of slicing things tend lose more essential elements than others do. Or include poisonous or problematic ones that aren't properly relevant. The question is, as is frequently the case, which way, which model, provides the greatest and most effective degree of explanation and prediction. You too might enjoy and/or benefit from reading Melanie Mitchell's Complexity: A Guided Tour - highly recommended.
jet_lagg wrote:From that survey 59% of evangelicals (who outside of Catholics in the developing world are the only Christians I think it's worth launching any sort of offensive against) believe the bible to be the literal word of God. Catholics tally up at 23% to Muslim's 50%, so is that a whole new kind of bad or still a matter of degree?
As I argued before, I think that both you and that Pew Forum survey are eliding or ignoring the essential difference between Islam's "holy book" and virtually all others. Rather expect that virtually no Catholic, even those in that 23% cohort you referred to, actually thinks that the entire Bible is literally and entirely the verbatim transcription of what Jehovah actually said - which is apparently what is claimed of the Quran. Maybe I'm misreading what people like Shadi Hamid are saying, but that sure looks to me to be a rather profound and problematic difference - and one not just of degree but of kind.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

I don't draw any meaningful distinction between people who say "this text was directly inspired by God and can be treated as his literal word" and those who say "this text is the literal transcript of an angel who was totally speaking for God." If you do, at least we've figured out the heart of the disagreement.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

It's starting to look like in Charlottesville, Antifa was stopping cars looking for nazis leaving the rally, and somebody threw a rock at lug-head's car. Also that the gal who died was Antifa.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

This popped up in my Arsebook feed:

Submissions Open for “We Told You”, a Joss Whedon Zine (archive.is link)
Bleating Heart Press is making a zine! We Told You is a 50-page zine about the problematic work and activism of writer, director and producer, Joss Whedon.

When Whedon’s ex-wife Kai Cole wrote about the breakdown of their marriage, dozens of think pieces were published examining his most recent works and the too common trend of famous male feminists revealing themselves as manipulative and insincere. Long running fansite Whedonesque shuttered and hundreds of fans saw their affection for his work die. For many, Cole’s letter came as a shock. But not for all of us.
We Told You will look at the decades of intersectional feminist critique, and just plain disbelieving anger, that has existed alongside the narrative of Joss Whedon, perfect male feminist. Essays will include close examinations of particular works and recurring trends (waifish, emotionally vulnerable heroines; misogynistic nerds as author avatars; the racist underpinnings of Firefly), as well as his legacy as a producer and celebrity male feminist.

We Told You will include original and reprinted essays, comics and illustrations by Claire Napier (Women Write About Comics), Angel Cruz (The Learned Fangirl), Veronique Emma Houxbois (Comicosity), C.P. Hoffman (BookRiot) and more.

Pitches

We are accepting pitches for essays, comics and original illustration for We Told You So. Essays should be about 1500 words long. Comics and illustration should be in black and white and no more than two pages.

We are aiming for a quick turnaround with this zine, so previously published pieces will be accepted. However, you should be willing to work with Megan Purdy, the zine editor, to update the piece for republication.

To pitch original essays, comics and illustrations you should should include a one sentence summary of of your idea, bullet points of your argument in rough, and a link to your portfolio or past work.

The zine will be sold digitally on Gumroad after our Kickstarter concludes. A print run will be built into the Kickstarter as a stretch goal. All contributors will be paid, starting at $30/page for essays and $50/page for art and comics. Raises for contributors will be our first and most important Kickstarter stretch goal.

Submit a pitch by sending an email to publishing@wwacomics.com with the subject line Pitch: We Told You.
Or more succinctly, I Saw Goody Whedon With the Devil. Feminism is a cult.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Do you suppose this video showed up on Dr Richard Carrier PHD's Youtube recommended list? I mean, it does contain the word "facial "
It might, but you need to give him a few days because the eclipse has caused the term "Bailey's Beads" to trend (see, e.g., Lsuoma's post on the last page) and Dr Richard Carrier PhD is very busy trying to figure out who this Bailey guy is and how he convinced so many people to be interested in getting his beads on their face.
Are Bailey Beads similar to Ben Wa Balls ???

http://www.adameve.com/adult-sex-toys/b ... RcEALw_wcB

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D

Post by John D »

jet_lagg wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:The Classical Arabic of the Qu'ran is poetic. Everyday Arabic less so. Then again I don't expect everyday Brits to speak like a character from a Shakespearean tragedy, or ordinary French to sound like the Chanson de Roland.
Is the classical Arabic poetic when you're just reading it, as opposed to hearing someone recite it? Completely mundane phrases in English can move me to tears if sung by someone talented enough, but it's nothing to do with what the words themselves are conjuring up in my mind.
Like a pop song... I can be brought to tears when the words are mundane but the performance is inspired. I don't know the words that are being chanted in the case of Arabic, but the singing really is amazing and inspired. I could easily see someone finding these performances god-like.

Of all the popular languages in the world, a tiny number of books are translated to and from Arabic. Not a very interesting written history really. I am skeptical of the "poetry" of the Koran...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

paddybrown wrote:Or more succinctly, I Saw Goody Whedon With the Devil. Feminism is a cult.
Whedon is a famous, successful director and writer (and dare I say it? actually talented, although far from the genius that his fanboys and fangirls think he is) he spent decades pandering to the "feminist demographic", playing Good Ally, pointing at the misogyny of others, financing feminist charities, but now that he's been exposed online as a serial cheater he is going down in flames.

Compare and contrast Zoe Quinn, who actually admitted to cheating repeatedly on her boyfriend, has done absolutely nothing of value (she didn't even write the texts of her text-based "game") and yet she's a feminist martyr who went to the UN with Anita Sarkeesian.

Feminism in the SocJus version isn't just identity politics, it's female (or in the case of trans-friendly, female and trans-female) supremacy.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

"Remember when you had a pair of these Indy? .. Chris? . Before I cut them off"

http://i.imgur.com/UvtpnXr.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

We can always count on Everyday Feminism to deliver the best and most insane news in the SocJus:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH77bbKVwAA1DeW.jpg:large

Segregation based on degrees of skin color. Richard Spencer would approve.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

screwtape wrote:Blaire White is back. Improved or not? You decide, as they say on the news.
I thought she looked just fine prior to the surgery. I don't know that the surgery's improved anything. OK, understand the breast implants. But all the stuff to the face? She understands she has gender disphoria. I just hope her facial surgeries stop there. It could get messy if she keeps going back for more.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jet_lagg wrote:I don't draw any meaningful distinction between people who say "this text was directly inspired by God and can be treated as his literal word" and those who say "this text is the literal transcript of an angel who was totally speaking for God." If you do, at least we've figured out the heart of the disagreement.
No, the "heart of the disagreement" seems to be that you're unwilling or unable to differentiate between "some" and "all". SOME text in the Bible is putatively the transcription of Jehovah's words - "I AM That I AM" - but rather large swathes are supposedly inspired, to a greater or lesser extent, by Jehovah or are mere commentary on a broad spectrum of topics.

Rather profound difference with far reaching consequences which you apparently want to sweep under the carpet.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I find one of these charts is handy when checking the privilege of people of townhouse tan colour over people of quayle brown:

http://www.materials-world.com/paint-co ... ior_06.gif

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:I followed him on Facebook for a while, but some alt-righty references and his biblical stuff made me nervous, so I stopped. I just assumed it was a matter of time before he called my kind an abomination.
Pretty easy to filter out his biblical lectures on youtube. Most of his stuff is pretty grounded until he goes off in hippy-dippy land finding meanings in textual mythologies.

In terms of calling gays abominations, I don't really see that coming.

Yes, he has said things like if you are a woman over 30 without children there is something wrong with you, generally speaking. And he will go on to say that we have a biological drive to reproduce. But he also qualifies that statement as being a generalization as some women can and do have happy productive fulfilling lives without having children. They just are not the norm.

When it comes to gays, he would probably state something along the lines of it not being the norm, but teh gay is pretty standard across all cultures and human societies (2-4%?). He might go off on a tangent on how gayness might come about and continue to exist (artifact of communal bonding, contributions to the herd).

Whatever he talks about tends to be fairly strongly grounded in science. He is also a practicing psychologist. I just don't see him calling gays abominations.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

deLurch wrote:
screwtape wrote:Blaire White is back. Improved or not? You decide, as they say on the news.
I thought she looked just fine prior to the surgery. I don't know that the surgery's improved anything. OK, understand the breast implants. But all the stuff to the face? She understands she has gender disphoria. I just hope her facial surgeries stop there. It could get messy if she keeps going back for more.
I think the results are fine, but as you said Blair looked good beforehand.

I guess you have to be pretty brave/motivated to get such potentially destructive surgery.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:It's starting to look like in Charlottesville, Antifa was stopping cars looking for nazis leaving the rally, and somebody threw a rock at lug-head's car. Also that the gal who died was Antifa.
Interesting. Got a source for any of that?

And when we the rock thrown at his car? He was going at an unsafe high rate of speed over the pedestrian mall crossing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

This is bound to get ugly:

Pastor Rick Joyner: Racism Was Nearly Defeated, But Then Obama Got Elected

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... t-elected/

The regressive-leftist retards are already out in force.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

The ESPN "Robert Lee" thing seems to have been a big hit on the internets, much incredulity and horse laughter.

And then Trump's Phoenix barnstormer of a speech has predictably set the intelligentsia about the ears. He really does play them like a fiddle.

What a timeline.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Steersman wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:I don't draw any meaningful distinction between people who say "this text was directly inspired by God and can be treated as his literal word" and those who say "this text is the literal transcript of an angel who was totally speaking for God." If you do, at least we've figured out the heart of the disagreement.
No, the "heart of the disagreement" seems to be that you're unwilling or unable to differentiate between "some" and "all". SOME text in the Bible is putatively the transcription of Jehovah's words - "I AM That I AM" - but rather large swathes are supposedly inspired, to a greater or lesser extent, by Jehovah or are mere commentary on a broad spectrum of topics.

Rather profound difference with far reaching consequences which you apparently want to sweep under the carpet.
You're splitting and absurd number of hairs in order to attempt a point. The people who say "this text was directly inspired by God and can be treated as his literal word" are saying that about ALL of the bible, not bits and pieces. That the Christians do some sort of dramatically different exegesis than the Muslims is your particular take, not supported by the text of the survey question. It's a bit of charity you're only willing to extend to Christians, which a recurring theme of yours and part of the reason you get accused of bigotry so often IMO.

Maybe go and talk to an evangelical. Ask them if they're free to treat a particular passage less seriously because it wasn't God directly speaking. They'll quote 2 Timothy at you. All scripture is given by inspiration of God and profitable for doctrine.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

DrokkIt wrote:
I think the results are fine, but as you said Blair looked good beforehand.

I guess you have to be pretty brave/motivated to get such potentially destructive surgery.
Brave or completely nuts.

These things are graded on a spectrum.

http://www.soulprogress.com/Images/Arti ... tWoman.jpg

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

I saw a photo of a cute kid in a free speech onsie and now I know that kid is a white supremacist I feel really bad....for that kid having his 1st modelling gig turned into a display of fucked-up virtue-signalling.

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/900459882989600768

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/900472710354128896

Do no public organisations have any backbone any more? Is any PR using a white person automatically white supremacy?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:This is bound to get ugly:

Pastor Rick Joyner: Racism Was Nearly Defeated, But Then Obama Got Elected

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... t-elected/

The regressive-leftist retards are already out in force.
White guy says something controversial or stupid or both, and it's big news. Black guy or gal spouts Afrocentric science denial or black supremacist bigotry and nobody blinks. And then they wonder why white supremacist groups are rising.

Billie from Ockham

deLurch wrote:I thought she looked just fine prior to the surgery. I don't know that the surgery's improved anything. OK, understand the breast implants. But all the stuff to the face? She understands she has gender disphoria. I just hope her facial surgeries stop there. It could get messy if she keeps going back for more.
"I don't agree with you, deLurch." - Michael Jackson

Billie from Ockham

Shatterface wrote:I find one of these charts is handy when checking the privilege of people of townhouse tan colour over people of quayle brown:

While they have the color of members of the Oak Creek Tribe near correct, they are way off on Pueblos and I find the label "brian patch" to racist as fuck.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

It gets even better...this thread is a gift that keeps on giving.

https://twitter.com/halfwrittensong/sta ... 9994144768

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ is now openly calling for revolution - a march on Washington and deposing of elected leader.

He would join in but, well, term just started.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

katamari Damassi wrote: I followed him on Facebook for a while, but some alt-righty references and his biblical stuff made me nervous, so I stopped. I just assumed it was a matter of time before he called my kind an abomination.
Peterson is much closer to the Camille Paglia view... that breeders are ordinary. So gays are automatically non-ordinary. Rather than seek to conform to the ordinary-- a poor fit-- use the marginal starting-point to be extra-ordinary like all the high-achieving homos... Sir Isaac Newton to Liberace.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: I followed him on Facebook for a while, but some alt-righty references and his biblical stuff made me nervous, so I stopped. I just assumed it was a matter of time before he called my kind an abomination.
Peterson is much closer to the Camille Paglia view... that breeders are ordinary. So gays are automatically non-ordinary. Rather than seek to conform to the ordinary-- a poor fit-- use the marginal starting-point to be extra-ordinary like all the high-achieving homos... Sir Isaac Newton to Liberace.
He's Canadian. So of course your lot (citizens of Trumpistan) are an abomination.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

HunnyBunny wrote:
https://i.imgflip.com/19momn.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Shatterface wrote:I find one of these charts is handy when checking the privilege of people of townhouse tan colour over people of quayle brown:

While they have the color of members of the Oak Creek Tribe near correct, they are way off on Pueblos and I find the label "brian patch" to racist as fuck.
Tower tan is also racist. And in bad taste. 3000 people died that day. We shouldn't be naming a colour after the hijackers skin tone.

Keating

Post by Keating »

screwtape wrote:He answers like a philosopher, concerned not to state what he cannot know, rather than giving his personal opinion, which is what was asked. I'd still like to ask him the question "Do you pray and expect it to be heard?"
He's talked about prayer. No way I'd be able to find a link, but I'll paraphrase from memory. He certainly doesn't think it's literal. He views it more like a form of meditation; communing with the parts of ourselves that aren't part of our consciousness. More a question of asking yourself what you can do to make today a pretty good day, rather than what can the universe do for me. The 'answer', if that's even the right way to put it, is that if you attend to the things your not conscious of, but your subconscious needs addressed, you'll feel better and generally have pretty good days.

Keating

Post by Keating »

If punching Nazis is good, then surely killing them is better. The person who killed the most Nazi Nazi, must be a great anti-fascist. Hitler was the most Nazisiest Nazi. Hitler literally killed Hitler. Therefore, Hitler is the greatest anti-fascist of all time.

CaptainFluffyBunny

HunnyBunny wrote:
She later complained that she was getting abused. When I pointed out they were at best gently mocking and asked her to point to the abusive tweets, she blocked me.

Twitter really seems to be able to press the very worst out of people and distill it to a toxic level of idiocy. The very most horrid aspects of the internet magnified for your viewing pleasure. Fragile flowers willing to heap vile accusations of racism and misogyny on other people, but wilt at the merest suggestion they could be wrong.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Keating wrote:If punching Nazis is good, then surely killing them is better. The person who killed the most Nazi Nazi, must be a great anti-fascist. Hitler was the most Nazisiest Nazi. Hitler literally killed Hitler. Therefore, Hitler is the greatest anti-fascist of all time.
Obligatory.
</laid-pipes>

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:It's starting to look like in Charlottesville, Antifa was stopping cars looking for nazis leaving the rally, and somebody threw a rock at lug-head's car. Also that the gal who died was Antifa.

Links to source(s) please.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating wrote:If punching Nazis is good, then surely killing them is better. The person who killed the most Nazi Nazi, must be a great anti-fascist. Hitler was the most Nazisiest Nazi. Hitler literally killed Hitler. Therefore, Hitler is the greatest anti-fascist of all time.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
It's starting to look like in Charlottesville, Antifa was stopping cars looking for nazis leaving the rally, and somebody threw a rock at lug-head's car. Also that the gal who died was Antifa.
Interesting. Got a source for any of that?

And when we the rock thrown at his car? He was going at an unsafe high rate of speed over the pedestrian mall crossing.
So I have no idea what's going on in the investigation, but I find that odd. The attack was 1 1/2 weeks ago, and Fields has been in court twice and there still seems to be no understanding of what his motives are.

So reading between the lines, I think for some reason, the prosecution has a shit case.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

deLurch wrote:
Obligatory.
</laid-pipes>
Hitler takes out police department:

Many black lives were saved that day.

Sieg heil, you crazy glorious bastard.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
She later complained that she was getting abused. When I pointed out they were at best gently mocking and asked her to point to the abusive tweets, she blocked me.

Twitter really seems to be able to press the very worst out of people and distill it to a toxic level of idiocy. The very most horrid aspects of the internet magnified for your viewing pleasure. Fragile flowers willing to heap vile accusations of racism and misogyny on other people, but wilt at the merest suggestion they could be wrong.
Yeah - amen to that. https://twitter.com/SteersMann/status/9 ... 0063388673

I blame the prevalence of pareidolia, of an inability to differentiate between the contents of their minds and those of others. Altogether too common as one might reasonably suggest that inferring sexism or racism on hearing epithets such as "cunt" or "nigger", respectively, is a manifest case in point ...

But speaking of "toxic levels of idiocy", The Left Opens Fire on Columbus Statues:
New York mayor Bill de Blasio has placed the Columbus Circle monument under review.

When the going gets stupid, the stupid turn pro. On Monday, in an essay due to appear in the forthcoming print edition of National Review, I wrote, “The Christopher Columbus protests are coming.” That very day, a vandal in Baltimore took a sledgehammer to what is believed to be the oldest Columbus monument in the United States, a 225-year-old work whose cornerstone was laid in 1792. For maximum publicity value, the vandal or an associate brazenly posted the video of his handiwork to YouTube as he gleefully narrated. ....

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

It appears that Antifa has decided to take on 4Chan. This'll end well.

https://squawker.org/culture-wars/antif ... nst-4chan/

:popcorn: